USA foods

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Great and fast shipping I would buy from USA foods again just get things back into stock quicker. would buy again

Great for a treat every few months.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

I do have an issue with some of the products being out of stock and in the case of my beloved Expresso sodas, they are sadly gone entirely but overall this is a wonderful service.

They had their big sale the other month and I can't complain about the time the package took, as it was a pretty speedy delivery considering the volume of people ordering at that time and I was kept well informed along the way from them and then Australia Post.

I think some doth protest too much about the best before/use by dates. Yes, I'd prefer all stuff with many months remaining but just a tiny bit of research and you should know they stock stuff with a limited life span and when ordering you should look for the dates to be sure, so you know what you are getting into. At the recent sale, there was only one item I was interested in that I didn't buy because of a date I didn't like, so I was happy with the strike rate there.

Ideally this would be a 4* review because I would like a higher volume of stock and it still does annoy me a bit that the Manhattan coffee sodas are gone but I felt that an extra star was justified because of some over the top negativity. Anyway it's still a must shop stop for cereals we just don't get here (where I live in Australia) and although we do get pop-tarts, we don't nearly get the flavours they do, nor the varieties of peanut butter. So keep p the good work!

Happy as always

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

Always been happy with products & service.
Traveling 'round Australia I expect to wait, there are plenty of remote places in this country, all things considered, I will still buy from USA Foods.
Many Thanks & Kind Regards,
Ronda J

Devonport

• 1 answer
Private message

Always happy with my orders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2016

I used to order from USA Foods regularly about 3 years ago, I've always ordered online as I don't live in Victoria. I've always had good service and my orders were always shipped quickly, I think only once it took about a week to ship it, but it was a busy Xmas period and this was stated on the site, and I always select Express shipping and pay for that so once shipped I get my order the next day.

I didn't order for awhile until about a week ago, and the service and order making was still as smooth as before. I had my eye on many items but they were never in stock when I would check hence why I hadn't ordered for awhile, until last week when I saw most of what I wanted in stock so went for it and made my order, I made the order after 12pm (cut off for same day shipping is before 12pm) and my order was still shipped the same day, and I received it the next day. Was very happy with that. I did leave a note on my order just asking if they could ship it ASAP so I could at least have the order by the end of the week incase it was a busy period or something, and I guess I got lucky :-)

I'm actually even happier now with their business, because years ago I did find the prices to be quite expensive for small sizes, but now its almost as if I've got my own costco at my finger tips, without ridiculous yearly membership fees, in the name of USA Foods, because the prices I paid now were absolutely worth it! Got like a kilo or two of pancake mix for $11.95, much cheaper than the supermarket! Chewing gum $1 each for some of them, again cheaper than the supermarket, and personally I prefer the flavour of USA made Extra chewing gym brand as the flavour lasts longer.

And most of my items were within use by dates with the exception of one bag of fritos already being expired but was stated on the website so I was aware (didn't change the taste of the product, still good!), most items not even expiring until next year. I even got a free Hawaiian batter packet which I can't wait to try and USA flag, which is taped to my fridge. Funnily enough I was gonna purchase the flag, but decided not to at the last minute before ordering, guess they read my mind :)

Sorry to hear other people have bad experiences, and hope no one else experiences that, but for me, I like USA Foods and will order with them again in the future. Thanks USA Foods!

Melbourne / Sydney

Private message

Fair Range, good service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2015

Moorabbin venue - USA Foods. The staff are always pretty laid back and friendly. They have good product knowledge and I've never had a issue with them or the service. The range of products here is pretty good. The drinks range is fair priced and they always have the staples available. Good store, could have a larger range, but got to cater for the amount of people and the popular items. I'd ring first if you are after something specific.

shell harbour

Excellent transaction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2015

I made Purchase recently and got my order in a few days to regional NSW. Postage was reasonable using Australia post. Could not be happier with my experience.

Sydney

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Great Store

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2013

I like it when I have an excuse to order from USA Foods. They have great cake, cookie and brownie mixes that I love cooking and bringing in to my workplace for everyone to eat. I travelled through 'The South' and fell in love with the Cajun/Creole food so its awesome to be able to buy the mixes from USA Foods to achieve some of the flavours I enjoyed over there. I had a banquet to cook up so I got the grape jelly to make mini fool's gold sandwiches. The gumbo mix, corn bread mix, old bay seasoning (to make Frogmore Stew/Low Country Boil) and red velvet cake mix with the Betty Crocker cream cheese icing. There were no leftovers. I am also no stanger to their array of candy especially the pixie sticks. I think they are reasonably priced considering they need to be imported. I have never had a problem with their delivery service which is usually 2 to 3 weeks and they pack it well with bubble wrap especially the pie crust cases. My only complaint would be that they are often out of stock of favourite items such as the graham crackers which I have pretty much given up on ever being able to buy. I figured there must be some Americans out there that stock up on them for the winter as I can never get them. Other than that I love their specials. My dad loves the buttermilk pancake mixes as he loved eating breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I avoid buying close to Halloween and Thanksgiving (again I figure the Americans stocking up for the winter) but I love it when they have new products you can buy. The food court at David Jones in the city has a very small USA section so it might be an idea to see what they have in stock there if you need something immediately but their selection is nothing like USA Foods. Other than that I can't fault this store.

+ Great product selection, reasonable pricing, good delivery

- Sometimes out of stock of certain products.

Melbourne

Interesting selection of products

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

It's not a really big store, but It's worth a look. They have a great range of hot sauces, which is what I'm into. Yeah ok the prices aren't real cheap, but cut them some slack, factor in the exhange rate and overseas shipping. I've bought food in from America with a drop shipping company and it's really not worth doing. Bought a few things from them online and everything was nicely packed. They put me onto Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, so for that alone I thank them. Great effort USAFoods

The staff are friendly and helpful, I really can't understand people saying otherwise, complete rubbish.

Nice place

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2017

This is a great place to buy products but they need to keep things in stock more often ..but reliable shipping
and prompt service..and the products are delicious and bring back childhood memories while making more for my children and grandchildren

Will use again

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2012

I can't fault their service. I was contacted by email to state some of my order was not available (I often can't get what I want from the supermarkets as they are out of stock, so wasn't too worried, gives me an excuse for another order) and the rest was on it's way. 3 days later my parcel arrives (today). Yippee!

+ Communication regarding order, fast and well packaged delivery

brisbane

Customer service slide

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

I first ordered from USAfoods about 10 years ago, live in Qld so can only do online/delivery orders. They've always been uber expensive, but for hard to find products and good service I was ok paying the premium. For example, one time I ordered dispatch was delayed for a couple of days. When the box arrived, hand written note apologising and a couple of little chocolates or something on top as a 'sorry'. Very well appreciated, and when calling to enquire about status the owner was always polite.
Fast forward to this year during the easter sale - placed order, heard nothing for nearly two weeks (left it about 10 business days to call). When I did call, this time around the owner was nowhere near as polite (Im being kind here - she was almost outright rude), and when I asked just to confirm they'd received my order / was their any problem with it, I got "yea well we're super busy because of the sale (duh?), nothing we can do about it; ill see what i can do" and basically got hung up on.
Im not sure what happened to you over the last ten years to sour your attitude towards customers, but I hope you get your 'groove' back. When you're paying 10 bucks for a packet of chips, prompt and polite service is a reasonable expectation!

Private message

Used to be a great place to get American food - still has the largest range but make sure you leave

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

Used to be a regular customer when we first arrived in Australia. Now I generally only order for special occasions. The website suggests that orders will be sent within a day or 2. This is not the case - will take nearly a week for it to leave their warehouse (1 item) - rang and they said it was due to a large volume of orders for the holiday. When I enquired they didn't seem to think it was a problem - just said they were busy.

I would order again but would make sure I left plenty of time.

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Late delivery and dented stock

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

I just ordered for the first time with USA Foods but not sure if I will again. The products were all dented, the box they came in was pretty well cushioned for travel but a lot of the stock was broken and it took over two weeks for delivery. As for their customer service, not the best. Always got the feeling that they didn't really care about anything.

Adelaide

Private message

Really really poor customer service - spend $ where they appreciate it

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2015

Not the big fan of this place like I used to be. American living in Adelaide, so I've both made great efforts to get to the store when in Melbourne, and shopped online. Just had a very unsatisfying email encounter, although they did reply almost immediately. Bought Jiffy cornbread mix during July 4th weekend sale - use by date of July 31. Made cornbread almost immediately on flying home and it had a horrible, inedible metallic taste (baking powder/soda?). A few weeks later I tried again (yes, had expired by then) by thoroughly sifting the mix to make sure it hadn't just settled. I'm not a complainer. Again, had to throw out. When the email notice came today about new food products, I was reminded I had meant to contact them. I lightheartedly told them 'send me a bag of fritos and we'll call it even.'
These are all the excuses I was given: no one else has complained about Jiffy, you didn't get back to us soon enough, it would be expensive to send anything compensatory to Adelaide, maybe you didn't store it properly,..." Not impressed. So definitely not American-style service of keeping the customer happy. For less than $10, they could have turned this around and I wouldn't be complaining online.
Also be aware that there is not a public toilet in the store. Used to use it but now they rather gruffly send you to drive to a health club nearby or the Bunnings. They're not nice people anymore, and I choose to give my $$ to places that appreciate my business. Have learned substitutes for many items not available in Oz e.g. granita biscuits for graham cracker crust or go to Costco now.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Not happy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2015

I've placed an order a week ago today and still haven't even gotten confirmation they have shipped my order. I live in Melbourne and would have expected it would only take a few days to receive, they've received my money though. Really not happy with this, just a simple we have shipped your order would be bloody nice!!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 helpful vote

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY EXPIRED GOODS

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

I paid $48 for 7 items, 3 were expired. The CEO, Phil sent me an email response stating that it's my responsibility to inform them and that I should know by the time of purchase that these items will be past the due date and that they taste good since he eats them all the time. Shady company. Never ordering from again.Would not refund on all expired items. Items I bought were since removed from the store.

Phil tried to give me a $5 coupon code as a refund for another purchase. I receive those coupons in my junk mail every week.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

SOOO SLOW! Won't use again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

Don't waste your time! order direct from the USA You will get your products quicker and well within the best before date.

Never again...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

Would never buy from here again. Slow delivery time, but the worst is that you pay money to receive some candy past its 'best before' date which was a surprise to me as I was unaware this was their practice. I notified USA Foods and they said that there is absolutely no refund for this. I wish that this was made more clear to me at the time of checkout (online). I would never buy a product from the supermarket that was past its 'best before' date and I would never buy a product online that was as well. The candy that was past its 'best before' date tasted foul...straight to the bin.

MELBOURNE

Private message

Waited over 2 weeks, same City, no delivery...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2016

I've been waiting for over 2 weeks for my delivery now. I called to ask what was going on after not receiving the dispatch notification and was told they're busy because of Halloween. Considering I ordered 5 weeks prior to Halloween I highly doubt it and even if that is true maybe notify customers of delays. Not good enough. I'm a half hour drive away. It shouldn't take so long.

• 5 helpful votes

Disgusting attitude

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2015

I will never do business with this company again.disgusting attitude to customers ,rude and disorganised. Acts if though they are doing the customer a favor.i called to ask if they could send the item as soon as possible and left a note on the order too.when I asked them over the phone they told me that they might not have the stock even though it was in stock online and I had already paid,they said I needed to give a realistic date and even then they couldn't promise it would be on time. I did not even know if they would I send the order at all.rude rude rude!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes