• 5 helpful votes

Disgusting attitude

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2015

I will never do business with this company again.disgusting attitude to customers ,rude and disorganised. Acts if though they are doing the customer a favor.i called to ask if they could send the item as soon as possible and left a note on the order too.when I asked them over the phone they told me that they might not have the stock even though it was in stock online and I had already paid,they said I needed to give a realistic date and even then they couldn't promise it would be on time. I did not even know if they would I send the order at all.rude rude rude!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Scam artists at best.......

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2015

"We do sell a lot of products that are in date and some that are out of date. If you owned a retail business you would understand this that not everything sells and as long as I am allow to sell it, I will."

How many grocery stores do you shop at (imported foods or otherwise) have the operating business principle of "If I'm legally allowed to sell out of date products, I will"????!!!! That quote is from USAFoods owner herself, when queried about why she has a great many products on her shelf (which are WAY over-priced) that are over 2 months PAST the "best before" date. Do you really want to shop at a grocery mart with such an attitude towards their business practice.

Another example is their American Diner "style" breakfast sausages. The fact that they claim that they import all of their products from the US, coupled with the $9.00 price tag would suggest that the sausages were also imported from the US. In actuality, the sausages are made locally by an Australian company in a very sad attempt to mimic breakfast sausage. If you have ever tasted breakfast sausage, you would be appalled by what they are trying to sell as such. The fact that they are trying to sell them under the pretense of imported sausages just shows how much they really do try to scam you price wise. I mean...sure.....try to sell breakfast sausages.....that's awesome, but don't try to claim indirectly that they are imported when they are not. And DEFINITELY don't put an imported price tag on them for a product that you are getting LOCALLY produced. The only reason why they aren't being slapped with a false advertising lawsuit is because they cleverly call them American Diner "style". LMAO....scam artists at best.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

shell harbour

Excellent transaction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2015

I made Purchase recently and got my order in a few days to regional NSW. Postage was reasonable using Australia post. Could not be happier with my experience.

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes

Bleak

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2014

Once upon a time this company was a godsend. My wife is American and when ever she needed a fix USAFoods was our go to. Now 90% of their products is either damaged or past it's used by date (they still sell items that have passed their used by date by a year plus! Surly this is against food safety laws) and unlike before when shipping was fairly fast you are now left waiting for weeks only to be told the items have been sold out.

Recently I have noticed a cheeky little disclaimer at the end of their online checkout (after you have submited your CC details) saying (cut and pasted direct from their site) :

[[ "PLEASE USE THE SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW TO TELL US ANYTHING WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR ORDER: ie: at times we do sell out of items on your order so please let us know if you wish us to ship what we have in stock or cancel the order if anything is sold out, ok to substitute another size even if it costs less or more, please leave at the front door (if you choose to do this – please note that once we ship without a signature request USAFoods can no longer be responsible for your parcel once in the hands of the shipping company), if you have any concerns about best by dates please tell us or give us a date range to assist you (we will do our best to keep the best by dates current, but with stock arriving all the we may not be able to do this – if you have any concerns please note them, otherwise we will send the most current date available), if this order is needed by or for a special event, or anything you may think we need to know about your order this way we can email you should we have any issues – the more you tell us the better we can service your order.

PLEASE NOTE: If items are not available and there are no directions in regards to items which might be sold out or have best by dates then our policy is to ship what we have in stock at the time of processing. So please let us know of your preferences in the special instructions." ]]

Which makes me think that the ONLY stock they have now is what they have on the shelves in their store and if someone comes in to buy it, even though you have already purchased it, you miss out. This is not a smart way to do business as it causes loss of trust in the company.

We really need an American grocery shop in Australia that sells everything (not just soda and candy) which is reliable, stocks fresh in date items and also provides all the seasonal goodies (there is NO Pumpkin Spice anything for sale on their website and it's already fall.)

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Poor service and poorly stocked

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2014

This store rarely has the products in stock that they display on their site. After ordering it can take weeks for them to 'process' the order, at which point it is likely everything (or at least a lot of the things) you ordered will be out of stock. Rather than telling you this, they will just ship what they have, whether or not you want to go ahead with the order.
Also the customer service is terrible - sure they may reply to your email, but it is never helpful information, nor polite service. They treat you like you are the problem.

- Slow, Out of stock, Rude customer service, no attempt to fix problems when they arise.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

Shocking

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2014

Sent chocolates that were melted together and white. So spoiled basically. This does not happen to chocolate within 4 days. They were melted, white and subsequently off before they were shipped to me. This online store basically sends out expired goods. They should be shut down. Avoid at all costs.

The worst service ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2013

I placed an order with everything in stock and was told it would be 6 days before they were sent as there was a backlog. 12 days later I cancelled the order as the customer service was deplorable. The woman I dealt with should NEVER be in a position to handle customers. Silly me, I expected customer service to be similar to the customer service in the USA. Instead it was the worst of the worst.

Private message

If you want good service, don't shop with USA Foods.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2013

Terrible, terrible service. I ordered an item that was out of stock, a simple enough mistake, a little sorry would make up for this, even though it was three weeks after I ordered that they let me know this. But no, no sorry, lots of excuses as to how they were far too busy to apologise, and instead I was treated with absolute contempt.

- Rude, bad service, slow

Awful!!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2013

Awful!!! Don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic to get things from home.. However, it's not worth it! Most things are out of date! Several things have been shipped to me that were in date but not tasting right. No responsibility taken by store so out of pocket for rotten goods and shipping. Any other store takes responsibility for off goods! Email replies are rude and lacking any customer service. Just awful!

+ Foods from home.. But not worth it!

- Off food, over-priced, horrible service!!

Horrible!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2013

I purchased at the start of December some hot sauces as Xmas presents for my family. After waiting a couple weeks, I emailed to find out that one of the sauces had broken & they were getting Aus post to ship the remaining non broken sauces and to contact tem once a received them. Finally received them on the 2nd of Jan 2013, better part of a month. I contacted them as requested and let them know what had broken, only to be told that I would not be refunded for this sauce or replaced because it states on their sight it 'ships at your own risk'. I am out of pocket because they want to take no responsibility for how they package there products! Completely unacceptable and very poor customer service! Will not buy from again!

+ They have good range and haven't had any issues in past. Disapointing to know when something goes wrong they wipe their ands of you & good customers.

- Arrived damaged & they accept no responsibity for their packing which is completely out of your control!

Sydney

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Great Store

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2013

I like it when I have an excuse to order from USA Foods. They have great cake, cookie and brownie mixes that I love cooking and bringing in to my workplace for everyone to eat. I travelled through 'The South' and fell in love with the Cajun/Creole food so its awesome to be able to buy the mixes from USA Foods to achieve some of the flavours I enjoyed over there. I had a banquet to cook up so I got the grape jelly to make mini fool's gold sandwiches. The gumbo mix, corn bread mix, old bay seasoning (to make Frogmore Stew/Low Country Boil) and red velvet cake mix with the Betty Crocker cream cheese icing. There were no leftovers. I am also no stanger to their array of candy especially the pixie sticks. I think they are reasonably priced considering they need to be imported. I have never had a problem with their delivery service which is usually 2 to 3 weeks and they pack it well with bubble wrap especially the pie crust cases. My only complaint would be that they are often out of stock of favourite items such as the graham crackers which I have pretty much given up on ever being able to buy. I figured there must be some Americans out there that stock up on them for the winter as I can never get them. Other than that I love their specials. My dad loves the buttermilk pancake mixes as he loved eating breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I avoid buying close to Halloween and Thanksgiving (again I figure the Americans stocking up for the winter) but I love it when they have new products you can buy. The food court at David Jones in the city has a very small USA section so it might be an idea to see what they have in stock there if you need something immediately but their selection is nothing like USA Foods. Other than that I can't fault this store.

+ Great product selection, reasonable pricing, good delivery

- Sometimes out of stock of certain products.

Will use again

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2012

I can't fault their service. I was contacted by email to state some of my order was not available (I often can't get what I want from the supermarkets as they are out of stock, so wasn't too worried, gives me an excuse for another order) and the rest was on it's way. 3 days later my parcel arrives (today). Yippee!

+ Communication regarding order, fast and well packaged delivery

Adelaide

USA Foods

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2012

I placed an order 14 days ago and called up today to ask where my order was? I was told by the owner that it has not even been picked or sent out yet. I cancelled my order. Absolute terrible customer service.

I think they need some competition in this country.

+ Good Range if you ever get the product

- Poor customer service

• 1 comment
  • 18 helpful votes

Not again!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2012

Unlikely to use them again - only used them because they were the only online shop I could find in an emergency for the product I wanted. I was happy to pay the extra $5 for express post to get the package quickly, but was then charged an additional $3.82 on top of the $2.50 "handling fee" (their website does say that the postage estimate "could be higher than indicated"). So all up I paid $29.82 for postage and handling which was higher than the 4 jars that I bought for $29.16. When I rang to query the price quoted vs the price charged, I got a very rude woman on the phone who just said "it's on the website that we might charge more". Next time I'll not be in a hurry and will take the extra time to find a reasonably priced local who won't charge so much for postage!

+ Had the product I wanted.

- Postage and handling were expensive and staff were rude!

2 of 2 pages