Adelaide

One happy fur baby

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

My golden retriever suffered from itchy skin for his first 6 or so months because we were trialing all sorts of foods, including premium dog food before we could find one which he wasn’t sensitive too. This is a great product, he loves it with the canned food range or occasionally with raw eggs, mince or veggies, but most importantly he has no skin reactions!

• 1 comment
  • 1 question

My dogs love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 24, 2017

I have started feeding my staffy and foxterrier VIP grainfree for the past 5 weeks. It is a cheaper healthier option than most store brands.Both dogs are full of energy they have a shiny coat. I believe it is the quality dry food they are eating (I will never go back to dog food containing grains)

Hamilton NZ

Excellent for puppies

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

Reared several litters on this food. Love the way it holds its shape when soaked.Pups learn to chew not
swallow whole.

Hobart

• 2 helpful votes

Great value for money!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

Our greyhound needs high protein and fat kibble with low grain. This dry food is perfect and she loves it. Can purchase from supermarkets but similar quality to expensive pet shop kibble. She's very healthy and shiny, I would highly recommend.

My Poodle xMaltease love this product....and being grain free it much better for your dogs digestive

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I try different brands that are on special and have been recommended to use grain free, as this was on special in Coles I decided to try my Poodle xMaltese on these biscuits and he loved them, great value for money and being grainfree is much better for your dog as grain free closely mimics their natural diet as a carnivore eater! Wheat, and barley is added to dog food to create bulk which is difficult for dogs to digest and for their body to break down which can lead to stomach problems and obesity, as dogs have little natural digestive support to break down & metabolize complex carbs.

Great product for price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

As I usually feed my dogs super premium brands, I decided to give this product a go while it was on special at Coles. Was not disappointed with the outcome. Being much lower in price, the product had a pleasant smell and look. Did not noticed anything major in the change of the dogs' wellbeing and coat besides a bit more smellier stools. Think will be feeding the dogs this food every now and then while taking a break on the more expensive brands.

Traveston

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Highly recommended dog food.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

I changed my itchy dog onto this food and her itch and dry skin cleared up in a matter of weeks. It is a high quality food that rivals the best (including black hawk) It is a very reasonably priced dog food for what you get. I highly recommend this as a complete dog food.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold Coast

• 4 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

need bigger bags

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

thankful i have finally found a decent supermarket dog food. however its not as affordable as i would like. has changed my dog back to how she should be..happy..firm stools..energetic and putting her weight back on and
she goes crazy for it! i purchased wild game with sweet potato

20kg bags at Budget Pet products online

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

We have been getting the 20kg bags of the VIP Natures goodness Grain Free for $69.95 at Budget Pet products online they also have very competitive prices on everything you could ever imagine getting for your Dog and offer FREE delivery for every order over $49. So get online to Budget Pet Products and save heaps

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Where are the 20kg Bags of Natures Goodness?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

You launched 20 kg Bags back in 2015 and here it is 2017 and I still can't buy any. Surely you have had time to distribute. I've only just recently swapped to VIP and my dogs love it, but as a breader the 7 kg Bags are just not good enough as we go through about 40kg per month. Shopping Lane is too expensive considering I can buy 3 x 7kg bags from Wollies for $90 so at least be competitive.

September 3rd 2017 Update: Food OK distribution ?

I am please with VIP Natural Goodness, I have older dogs who wouldn't eat dry food are now happy to do so. With regards to proof enclosed is a copy of my receipt for the same. It would appear that at the moment that Woolies are the cheapest, unfortunately don't carry the 20kg bags.

• 1 question
Private message

Excellent value for small wheat intolerant dogs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

This product hasn't disappointed with our poooch she never leaves any behind after dinner and it is keeping her at a normal ideal weight too she is nice and healthy this has contributed heaps in her dietary needs

South Australia

• 18 comments
  • 24 answers
  • 53 helpful votes
Private message

Love this dog food, only down size is the cost, relative to the amount of product you get.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

My two dogs love this product (especially the rabbit and sweet potato flavour) and go nuts as soon as the bag is opened. I have noticed that it is especially good at preventing the smaller of my two dogs (a miniature terrier x) from getting constipated, which seemed to be a problem with other dry dog foods, I fed her. The only downsize is the cost relative to the amount of product you get? A 850gram (.7 of a kilogram) bag will set you back around $11.50, which I think is quite expensive and probably somewhat cost prohibitive for people on tight budgets. Not so bad if you have smallish dog/s but if you have larger breed dogs, it doesn't last all that long. I have a small dog (6kg) and a much larger dog (28kg) and one bag lasts less than a week, which forces me to buy this product more as a one off treat rather than regular dog kibble, I can feed on a daily basis.

bad advertising

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

If your going to sell it as dog food .. put in large enough print so people know it is

Private message

No more fishy smells and excellent deposits on walks

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

3 years ago me and my mum took my English Springer Spaniel to the vet because he wasn't feeling right. Constantly scratching, nibbling, having trouble passing wind and his "deposits" weren't great. She told my mum that we needed to put our Toffee (that's our dogs name:-)) on a grain free food. We tried nearly everything, from eukanuba to wellness, nothing worked (and they were pricey too). So we went to our local New World here in Auckland NZ and found VIP natures goodness grain free dry (as well as the wet food). Been using it now for 10 months, and he's back to his usual happy self again. No more fishy smells, no more itching and excellent "deposits" on walks and back yard. Best food ever!!!! Highly recommend it!!!!

Worst food ever!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2016

If only you could give no stars!!! Worst food ever, got the dog role for my dog. Have been up for over an hour watching him spew and shake. Vomited all the food up now just foam coming out. WASTE OF MONEY.

Fussy pooch

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2016

I have purchased many dry dog foods to no avail. My pup hated all and refused to eat them. Then I bought Natures Goodness treats, Lamb and Rosemary to teach "Sit" etc. Raph was doing cartwheels to gain his treat. So I then tried your dry food. Only found adult type. Pup would not eat. So friend suggested I crush up pellets a bit. Now Ralph woofs them down every day and prefers that to fresh meat.

Langwarrin Melbourne

• 1 comment
Private message

Leaking anal glands GONE!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

Hello my pug who is 1 begun suffering issues with his anal glands (WORST SMELL EVER!!!) I was washing him 2x a day, and still it was bad :( After some research, I found out that leaking anal glands can be caused by feeding TOO MUCH GRAIN! Because grain softens the stools and the anal glands don't drain when they poo, but also because grains cause inflammation in dogs (just like humans who would have thought??) and most supermarket dry product contain very poor quality grain (i mean what is cereal by-product? it's not even the grain :(). I was already feeding him an organic option, but cereal by-products was the first ingredient :/ So I have switched to Natures goodness and after 2 days, its been 5 weeks NO Anal gland leaking!
Feeding a small dog like a pug it is cost effective too :)
I also switched his wet food to the grain free loaf (Roast meat and sweet potato) and he loves that too!

• 10 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 11 answers
  • 16 helpful votes

Pooch loves it.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2016

No cereal fillers which can only be a good thing. My blue heeler Benjii absolutely loves it although I only stock up when it's on special as it's quite expensive

poor quality in this food product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2016

my girlfriend bought the meatloaf of natures goodness. only to find chicken talons, feathers and grissle when she cut it up to feed. well it went straight in the bin. waste of my money buying that. first time we bought this and definitely the last time.

Best Product out there.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2016

In this day and age you want to know what you are feeding your pet is a proper diet not all dog foods that claim to be the best are the best for them-V.I.P Natures Dog Food is the only one not to contain fillers and grains - My dog is better for it. No digestive issues (no more smelly farts) and picking up his little present in the yard each day is a lot easier. It is one of the more expensive product out there but you get what you pay for. The shops do have specials from time to time stock up there if you can may help - Highly recommended.

1 of 4 pages

I just received a new 20kg bag of the chicken with duck and garden vegetables. When I opened the bag it has a mix of very small biscuits and fish shapes mixed in with the usual mix. Has anyone else experienced this with their dry food lately?

Bronwyn M asked on Dec 06, 2017

Answer this

No never seen this . Weird!!

The biscuits are small and round but I have never seen the fish shapes. Maybe you should take them back.

I have recently changed my dogs over to this grain free range and I found it be great for my boy dog who had intestinal problems. However I recently purchased the grain free dental sticks to give to them as a treat after their dinner and right from the start my girl dog got sick and then refused to eat them and now my boy is sick having been throwing up since he had one last night. I don't know what you have put in them but I am not happy. Has anyone else had problems with this product?

Julie H asked on Nov 26, 2017

My 16 yo border collie has had pancreatitis for 3 years. Her diet usually consists of boiled chicken with boiled rice / basa fillets steamed/prescription dry low ID food . She has been leaving her food and I bought a can of Natures Goodness wet food as it had a low fat content. She loves it and her appetite is back. Is this dangerous for her?

Elizabeth asked on Oct 19, 2017