This product has been discontinued by Valco Baby.

Sturdy pram!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

Love this pram! It is very sturdy, easy to fold and unfold, nice design and comfortable. Also love the color we chose (light beige). Only minus are the tyres, for some reason it is sometimes really difficult and hard to maneuver. Esp inside of a shopping mall is impossible sometimes.

Private message

Great pram only hate upright recline

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

Purchased this pram about 2 years ago from baby mode. Loved the bassinet & then changed to seat with 4 recline position & we love that too apart from the last upright recline position. This position is not comfy for my daughter & it so upright that it looks like she is being pushed almost out of the pram....it way forward so I put in down one but she keeps sitting up. That is the only negative I have about this pram otherwise great pram

Purchased at: Baby Mode

Bridbane

• 7 answers

Everything you need

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2016

My man and I got to pick whatever pram we wanted (this was three years ago)
I had a few must haves
* rear facing
*full recline
*big wheels
*able to have second seat added
This pram ticked all boxes. I live by the bay and walked everywhere with my toddler and it was great.

Once she was old enough we got a stroller to use instead as the pram was too big for the boot of my astra. I mean it did fit but then nothing else fit after.

Unfortunately we have terrible storage at my house and my pram became very faded so I didn't want to use it when baby no 2 came along. I got a new pram (generic brand) and guess what. It broke. I did my research and still decided that my valco was the best pram on the market.

My sister in law just paid $1300 for a bugaboo that seems no better and I've read terrible review about

So i decided to fix my valco up. I ordered fabric paint, a new hood, a qseat and pneumatic tyres and I am stoked!!

I put my toddler in the bottom when traveling with them both and bub up top. Both fit and maneuvre easily. And comfortably. Unfortunately the qseat can't recline so it would be ideal for bub in bottom but then i cant see her.

Also we now have a bigger car so the size of the pram isn't an issue. I like that its big i feel like it is crucial to the design and makes for a really sturdy and reliable pram.

• 13 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Love this pram!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2016

I had a Steelcraft Cruiser but wasn't happy with the fact that a newborn can't lay flat in it unless you have the Basinette attachment.
I began to look online and found that this was the best pram for walking (we walk our dogs everyday) the air filled tyres mean that we can walk on the road easily and the pram is very easy to maneuver. Sometimes if you use one hand it veers to the side but this isn't really a problem.
It is very easy to fold, it does take up a lot of room in the car and it doesn't fit into my tiny Mitsubishi Mirage but does easily into my Husband's station wagon.
The pram looks good, I've had many people comment that i have "sweet wheels" for my baby :)
The sunshade is the best feature of this pram, it folds almost all the way down which is awesome for keeping sun off baby.
The other awesome feature is that it can be used from newborn so it lays flat without having to buy any extra pieces.
I did buy the pram second hand, and the wheels squeak a little, i've taken them off and sprayed with WD40 and hopefully this will fix the problem.

GREAT PRAM!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2016

I purchased this pram when my daughter was born, it is FANTASTIC to push.. the quality is great and the hood comes all the way down so you dont need to carry anything extra to protect baby from the sun. my daughter is 2 now and it is getting uncomfortble for her without a pram liner but other then that i would definately recommend to anyone looking to purchase.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

So many great features but steering sucks

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2015

This pram is so close to being a great pram but mine has one big failing - it steers like a shopping trolley!!!! The good features are- huge canopy to keep bubs in shade/dry, reversible for forward or rear facing, decent size basket, big air-filled tyres, easy to unpack and not too hard to pack down once you get the hang of it. It is a bit heavy and has to be put in car as two seperate pieces (like most reversibles). But the steering! I have to constantly fight to keep it going straight if there is any slope and making a sharp turn or going up a kerb requires a big effort which is causing me wrist pain. Baby loves being in this pram, I just wish I could relax and enjoy pushing it! Recommend a proper test drive on uneven and sloping ground before you buy - maybe mine is an exception.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Bondi Junction

• 3 helpful votes

Sooo happy with my Valco Rebel Q

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2014

This is hands down The best pram for daily use. My 2 yr old actually chose it. I was frustrated with my bugaboo at the time so off we went to try out prams and he loved the rebel Q. So do I! It suits busy Mums and Bubs who like getting out and about, any terrain, my boy never complained of feeling uncomfortable. It's easy to fold, but on the heavier side so not as good for the car. Easy to steer. The best thing though, was the storage, I did many a grocery shop in it and always fit my bags in the basket. I'm talking around $50 worth of products. I'd watch my friends struggle to fit a handbag and a loaf of bread in theirs. I don't write a lot of reviews, but I felt this pram has been so good to me I want let other parents know.

+ Comfortable and easy to steer with large storage basket.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Can I also add another huge plus for this pram, the belt buckle. I found the bugaboo far too low and my son would easily slip out of the straps, and sometimes fall out when the pram lunged forward ... read more »

Valco Baby Official

So happy to hear about your positive experience with your Rebel Q, thanks for taking the time to write a review!

Australia

• 5 answers

I love my rebel

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2014

I wasn't going to buy a rebel. But walked away with one. Was one the best decisions i have made. Its easy lightweight and can face either directions which I love. I love how easy it is to push and the great roomy basket under the pram. The safety harness is great and I feel at ease knowing bub is safe and snug. I love my rebel so much I went brought the jogger version for when its time for us to go on long walks once the weather gets nicer.

+ options are endless. love that bub can face you. great basket under pram for your nappy bag.

Sydney

• 3 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Very happy with the Rebel Q Air!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2014

Went out to purchase a different brand pram at a baby expo but after seeing the rebel q air it changed my mind. I love how it folds all the way back for bubs to sleep and the extra large canopy is brilliant for blocking out the sun, rain or noise. The tyres are also great in all terrain. Great pram that will take miss 5 month right through till 45 kilos.

+ Tyres, extra large canopy and the fact you can lay bubs all the way flat

- Being 2 pieces can be time consuming when packing in car and is slightly bigger then some other brands.

Purchased at: My Baby Warehouse

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Just to add I had a issue with the tyre and sent a email to Valco direct. They replied within 24 hours and dispatched a new tyre to me as well! Fantastic after sales service! Could not be happier!

• 1 answer

Love this pram!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2013

Like many others we researched and tried out, many, many prams for our 4-month-old baby. We had our hearts set on a pram that reclined fully so that bubs could nap in it while we were on walks and out of the house. When we saw this pram we fell in love! It fully reclines for bub's naps, and folds up for when bubs is awake. It can be rear or forward facing, has an extra-long hood for weather protection, long handle bar option for tall people (dad!) and a large carry basket at the bottom. It goes well with other Valco accessories too, like a rain cover and soft pram insert.

We have owned it for 2 months now so have had a chance to really get to know the pram. The only cons are its maneuverability - it's clunky to steer around in tight places compared to the pram we previously owned - and it is bulky when folded in one piece, so we also fold it in the boot in two pieces

This pram is highly recommended!

+ Fully reclines, looks good, great for walking & everyday use.

- Tricky to steer at times & best folded in two pieces which is an effort at times!

Purchased at: Haggle Baby

• 2 answers

Very comfy for baby!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2013

I searched for ages to find a flat reclining rear facing pram with four large wheels that I could afford. When I stumbled across this pram I was instantly in love. It's been fantastic! With a small purchase of the unity carrier adapter I used my car seat capsule on the frame for the first month and this was so great for quick trips into the supermarket or to do school pick up with a snoozing baby! For longer outings the large seat was so comfy for a tiny baby as it lays completely flat and has a gigantic extra thick hood that covers the whole seat, just perfect for baby to sleep long hours in and be protected for all weather elements. I got the black version so just had to be careful it wasn't in the direct sun. I loved this pram in the reverse mode!! Took a few goes to get used to the fold mechanism but it's easy now. Folds down in to separate pieces or all together all though I haven't really got the hang of that I I just do it separately. Overall great pram for a young baby!

+ Loved the extra large hood, flat recline, large wheels and comfy ride for bubs.

- Not very compact when folded, not very well ventilated for summer, and seat size was a little small for a large size pram.

NSW

Private message

Brilliant! Everything in one!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2013

I researched prams for ages before our son was born and as you know, when you’re a first time mum you’re not entirely sure what features you will need. Well, this one has everything I could ever want or need!

The seat folds completely back as a bassinet and can face you which is perfect for a newborn and fits many car capsules if you prefer to use this function (we didn’t need to). Then you can turn the seat around and it has three different sit-up positions, as well as still being able to lie the little-one down again if need be.
The hood is awesome to cover a newborn (who will stay asleep like in a cosy cocoon!) and is so handy when they get older as both a sun shield and if they need a nap when out and about. Out of all the mums I know, my little boy goes to sleep so easy because I can just lie him down & pop the extendable hood over him.

It is compact and fits easily through isles in the supermarket (unlike some of the sporty prams). It has pneumatic tires (which we’ve only needed to pump one tire up in over a year) so is easy to push and I’ve even gone running steering with one hand.
The basket has always been able to hold my (large amounts of…!) shopping and the handle moves to different levels which suits Daddy (who is over 6 foot 4), Nana (who is nowhere near that height!) & anyone else in the family who wants to push.

We don’t have a massive car and it still fits folded in the boot as one, or we split it in two and put the seat in the back. So easy.
It comes with a safely bar (unlike some others) and there are soooo many accessories (I seriously can’t list them all here!)
Oh, and the Siesta seat (for when number 2 comes along) and the Hitch Hiker plate (for number 3!), it seriously has every feature that all other prams have tried to achieve!

Sorry for rambling but a g/friend from my mothers group is searching for a new pram to suit her 2nd little bub on the way and after helping her research all over again it’s just made me so glad I chose this one from the beginning!
I really hope this helps any mothers-to-be, or even anyone looking for a pram their growing family.
Happy pramming!

+ Compact, perfect for newborn - toddlers and up to 3 children. Compatiable to car capsule. Easy to manouver. Looks great. Great for walking/running.

Purchased at: My Baby Warehouse

Thinking of selling mine

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2012

We are first time parents and honestly had no real idea what features we would need in a pram. We bought thus one after the recommendation from the staff at the baby store and felt that the price was good for the apparent features it offered, that we would use.

The rebel q looks great and hubby loves the tyres- they are air filled. It's fairly easy to fold up and I have loved using the capsule that goes with it as it had made it easy to move bubs without disturbing him. I find the pram easy to move too, sonetimes it can be hard in smaller shops, but generally its easy. However it's a very bulky pram, and it takes up heaps of space in the car. We used the capsule (that you can buy separetly) up until bubs was 3 months, and now using the actual pram. It has 3 inclining positions, they are easy to change with bubs in or out of the pram, however the most upright position where bubs can see out it unusable and my bubs head hangs forward. I then have to have him on the next one- which is practically laying down and he gets frustrated, because he can't see out. As we have only just started using this part I am seriously considering buying a different pram. M

y hubby hates the handle and its quite difficult to have anything hanging over it. We bought the valco caddy and with the pram all together it just doesn't sit nicely, which is strange as its made for this pram. I do like the cover that goes completely over the pram and i think is insulated to keep bubs cool. The baby view window is Velcro and I think should be magnetic as not to disturb baby. I like that bubs can face both ways and its fairly easy to turn the seat around.

Although I wish it could be done with the handle. The basket is ok, but could be bigger. It's a nice pram but knowing what I know now- I will be looking for different features in my next pram!

+ The capsule attachment. The look of it. The cover. The tyres. Reasonably priced

- Small basket, seat incline, bulky, the handle,takes up too much room in the boot

Purchased at: YCN

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Fabulous pram. Wish I bought it sooner.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2012

Love the way it comes apart - so easy to remove seat and very light.
Fantastic coverage with the 'expanda-hood'. Bub is never in the sun.
Easy one-handed steering and great maneuverability - wheel base is not too wide.
Big storage underneath and easy to access even when fully reclined.
Comfy for newborn and adapts well to the toddler years, they can sit up holding the belly bar.
Fits easily in my boot/back seat (I have a ford falcon sedan, so mid-size).
Someone else has written that it tips up in the forward facing position. I have used this pram every day for the past 10 months on all sorts of terrain/inclines and on shopping trips and it has never tipped. My son is currently 16kg too.
Super easy to fold - takes 5 seconds.
Pneumatic tyres give ultra smooth ride. Haven't needed any pumping up since purchase 10mo ago.

Overall - a versatile pram that can be adapted to almost any need. Light and looks good too!

Jindabyne

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Wouldn't buy this pram again

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2012

Being a first time mother I really had no idea what I would need or how I would use it. My husband liked this pram & the reviews were good so we bought it. Had I known better I would not buy this pram.
Generally it is a good pram & I certainly get lots of compliments when out & about. It has great shade coverage & with the included boot cover provides heaps of protection for bub in cold weather. Dad likes the innertube wheels rather than solid wheels & the ride is smooth & it manages most terrain.
However it is very bulky & takes up a large amount of space in the car - wish we had put the test model in the car before purchase. We are now considering going away to visit parents & it will be a real squeeze to fit in everything we need. We have a midsize 4WD.
I have also found that in forward facing mode it can easily tip up. This happened when I put nappy bag over handles then went up a slight incline but it has also happened going up an incline without anything on the handles.
It has 3 position recline but the most upright one is straight upright & not usable. It can also be very difficult to recline easily with bub in the seat.
It takes a while to get used to putting the pram down as well, can still be tricky even after owning the pram for months.

+ Solid, nice looking pram with good hood coverage

- Way too bulky in car. Tips up easily in forward mode. Hard to adjust recline. Hard to fold up.

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2012

My husband and I researched prams for awhile before purchasing the Rebel Q Air. We wanted something we could use from new born up and this pram is fantastic. The extra soft padding is great, very comfortable for baby. My son is now 14mths and still sleeps well in the fully reclined position. The large hood is fantastic, although the peep hole would be better if it was magnitic instead of valcro (too noisey). I find the pram has the best steering and can easily be used one handed. The basket is large and easily accessable (even when reclined). Very sturdy. Highly reccommended.

+ Large Hoot (great for sleeping) light and easy to steer, the seat can be place facing you or away. Large accessable basket

- My son tends to slip down a little when the seat is up right, not a major problem. Second child options.

Purchased at: Hush A Bye Baby

great pram

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2012

loved the look as soon as i layed eyes on it. i ordered it online and recieved it within a week so easy to put together and so easy to push i love the extra large hood and that the seat lays totally flat great to use istead of the bassinett attachment

+ extra large hood covers all of baby, narrow frame means it fits through standard door ways and narrow shopping isles without hassle, love the ease of stearing and small turning radius, nice large under storage,

- practicality of being able to use the toddler seat is not very realistic would only be sutible for a newborn in the main pram seat only if its laying flat wouldnt work once bub is aable to sit up, the little storage compartment on the hood should be zippered and you cant put much in it as it makes the hood fall back,

Purchased at: Baby Zone Direct

Great pram

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2012

I really like this pram as it is sturdy and feels safe for a newborn and is great for a larger baby. I like that you can attach a toddler seat later on and the basket is really big.
It is a great pram for winter as the hood is really thick, but this is also a massive con as well as my baby is a hot baby, so in winter he never had a jumper on in this pram and wouldn't sleep in it in a shopping centre as he was too hot.

+ Easy to push, safe, fits a larger baby, warm

- Hood too hot at times and cannot be removed, takes up a lot of space in your boot

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

NSW

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

I liked using this pram. It is versatile and practical

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2012

We received this pram as a gift for our baby. It is extremely easy to use and it suitable for our busy life style.. I have a bad shoulder and I found it is very easy to fold to fit in the car. Very convenient to take my child for a walk as it navigates itself with minimal force. My child is one now and we are still very happy with it.

+ It is generally a good product

- We had a problem with one tire that needed to be changed, but it was fixed easily

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

PERTH

Versatile

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2012

I have used this pram for the past 10 months and it is great. Very versatile - for a newborn right up to a 10 month old. And I can see myself getting more use out of it as bub grows older. Easily turns through the sharpest, narrow corners at the shops and department stores. But also great for walking the footpaths around our house. The canopy is huge. Easy to use brake, and folding mechanism.

+ Reversible seat, that can lay flat for a newborn and then turn around for an older bub to face forward. Tight turning circle. Large storage space underneath seat.

- I live in a very hot place and the canopy doesn't have any sort air vent except for the peek-a-boo window. Also I couldn't apply for the warranty as you have to send your card in within 14 days of purchase. I didn't make the 14 days as I bought the pram online (takes over a week for delivery to where I live) and I didn't get around to looking at all the paperwork until a week after bub was born. doh! Out of the 4 seat recline positions, only 1 is suitable for an older bub to sit up, and it still leans back a bit too far (so bub ends up slouching). The next upright position is at a 90 degree angle to the seat and not comfortable at all for bub to sit up in.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

addition to my comments above - the most upright seat position (90 degree angle) was actually loved by my son as he got older. He could sit upright, hold onto the bumper bar thingy and look out and... read more »

Thanks for your informative review, especially your updates, i have been looking at getting this pram but just unsure as there is so many options out there. Question though, did you ever fold the p... read more »

I don't fold it while the seat is attached, I always take it off which is easy enough to do. I have just tried to fold it attached and it does fold, but is a lot bulkier and awkward, but that's pro... read more »

1 of 2 pages