Brake cable snapped

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I was initially very happy with this pram. It’s super lightweight and very easy to fold. Fits in the back of a small car with groceries, with no problems. Today however, I started to hear a clicking sound with the wheels and it turns out the left brake cable had snapped and the wheel is now locked. I’m now deciding whether to replace the brake, or just go with another more reliable pram. Unfortunate, as I had gotten so much use from it, but it’s failed just as I needed it for baby number 2.

Comments
Valco Baby Official

Hi Jd2, I have replied to your private message as well. Please call our customer service team, they will be able to help you with this right away. Our number is 03 9581 8000.

Wellington Point

Can't Fault It!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Bought this pram back in 2015 for my first child. I have used it so much and I honestly cannot fault it's functinality, maneuverability and durability.
I gave it a good scrub last year and it came up near brand new and I am now using it for my second baby.
The low cost purchase price is unbelievable and I am so glad it was recommended to me from a sales member at The Pram Warehouse instead of the more costly Baby Jogger.
All of my friends and family are on the their 2nd, 3rd even 4th prams but mine has well and truly stood the test of time. So so happy with this product!

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

It is a very good product. However it is quite unbalanced, leaning toward more toward the back which can be dangerous for the kid when they try to climb on top of the stroller.
I tried using it in the city and for shopping, very nimble, able to turn on the spot and fits in most buses and trains.
Good little handy thing to have especially when it rains

Great pram!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

We bought the Snap 4 tailormade in blue denim. Its been an excellent purchase. Really glad we got this pram. We wanted something light but not too filmsy. And not too expensive either. At 6.6kg this pram fit the bill. We haven't had any issues with it and been using it for a year now.

Better then expected

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

We went with this pram for two reason, it was a good price and it folded up into a good compact size to fit into my very small car boot, but I’ve been really happy with it as a overall. It’s easy to maneuver around, it’s very light to lift once folder and it’s been easy to clean to! I love the carry basket underneath and it can be reclined to and Angle for bubs comfort.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

• 1 review

Brake Cabke Alsi Snappes

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

Excellent pram to use but have had problems. Brake cable snapped on one side and have had a wheel replaced due to faulty bearings.
The pram is just out of warranty. For the price the pram should be far better quality. We bought a $49 stroller in Bangkok which has had more use and less problems.
Will not buy Valco again.

Purchased at: Banana Baby

Comments
Valco Baby Official

Hi Mark, I am so sorry this has been your experience. Can you please call our customer service team, they will be able to assist you with this over the phone. Our phone number is 03 9581 8000

Mascot

Good basic pram

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

This pram is light, easy to fold and i can maneuver with one hand even with my baby and all baby stuff on the pram. We love this pram alot but not my baby. He was insecure and prefer to be able to see me when he is on the pram.

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

Valco snap- Brakes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

Amazing compelling customer experience . I reported the brakes have snapped, within a week they organise a new one without a question. Apart from that it is a very good pram.light weight and quality product for the price
100% I recommend to buy stuffs from valcobaby

Thanks valcobaby
SIVAKUMAR

love it compacts also

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

this is extremely easy to maneuver around i love the fact that it doesn't have those cheap plastic wheels and they have the pump ones, all these prams these day with those cheap wheel and still costing a fortune. It is very easy to unfold and carry very compact for my small car! love the quality and build so happy i got this pram.

Purchased at: Baby Bounce

Melbourne

Light weight

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

We are using valco baby snap4 baby pram. It is very light weight pram. Easy to carry when boarding into trams or buses. Breaking system is very easy even when busy condition.
Very comfortable for babies during their sleep.
Can carry by closing it with one hand without any difficulty.

Private message

I've tried quite a few prams and this is the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

Light weight, durable, best hood on the market (talk about sun protection!), easy to manoeuvre and simple to fold. Want more? Okay! It also has a great basket size, 5 point harness for safety and if you buy the sports pack you can take it almost anywhere thanks to the pneumatic wheels.
I seriously love this pram and I've tried a fair few. It stacks up well even against most of the more expensive models and you can tailor it to your style by choosing from a variety of hood colours.
I've had mine for over 3 years now and while I have changed the wheels once, the pram is still going strong with occupant number 2.

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Light, compact and comfortable pram

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

We bought the Valco Snap 4, 2 years ago at Bubs Baby. It is easy to open and fold, light to carry and comfortable for your babies and toddlers. I used it forward facing when my baby used the capsule and then back facing. I recline almost horizontally when he is sleeping. The canope is good enough to protect him for the sun. I bought th uv sun shade protector as well. Value for money. Last long. The only thing is that there is not much space to put your shopping bags but it is one of the lighters pram in the market.

Purchased at: Bubs Baby Shops

Melbourne

Private message

good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

It's super light! It's much easier to handle with, fold them and put it in the boot. The seat part can face two ways. I quite like the design of this pram, it looks fashion. Though this pram does not very large, the baby sit there won't feel the space is small. it is much better if the seat could adjust to flat.

Purchased at: Toys R Us / Babies R Us

• 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Great pram

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

This pram has been a godsend, it's light, easy to maneuver and has never given me any issues. I love that I can just open it with one hand as I pull it out of the car. I took one star off as if the back has shopping on it then the pram tips when I take my daughter out. Though I guess this is the price I pay for having such a light pram. I've used it for 18 months and still really love it.

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Great pram - easy to transport

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

Awesome pram as it's really lightweight, great to carry and transport in the car, folds down easily and even fits in the passenger seat of a small car - great for a short trip when you can't be bothered putting it in your trunk or ute. Wheels around very easily and can be pushed with one hand - simple to turn. The only negative point is it's tricky to put things in the basket on the bottom as there's a carry strap dangling in the way..
would buy again!

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Great pram, just doesn't last very long...

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

It is a fantastic pram. Easy to fold and unfold, great for traveling and for bus/train. It fits in a full car too.
The only problem is it doesn't last very long. After one year the break is stuck so am I! The pram would not move any more.
I left message on the website 2 months ago and no answer and I tried to call them, busy all the time...
I am going overseas and wanted to take the pram and don't really want to buy new one as my kids are almost growing out of it...

Comments
Valco Baby Official

Hi, I am sorry you have been unable to contact us or get through to us. If you would like to private message your phone number to Valcobaby Aus on Facebook I can organise for someone from our customer service team to call you :)

Sorry, I don't use Facebook.
If you check your own website for customers' enquiries as quickly as bad reviews, then my review would be a positive one...

Valco Baby Official

Hi thanks for the feedback but unfortunately that is not my department and I don't have access to that information. I can however help on this site or facebook, if you should choose.

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Great, still going strong 3 1/2 yrs later despite being my main form of transport!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

Positives:
Easy to maneuver
Easy to fold/unfold. Super light.
5 point harness easy to use, can be just used as a lap belt (3 points) if preferred.
Happy with build quality *with exception of the brakes.
Excellent customer service

Cons:
Brakes broke twice, first time was a pain as I was out and about. Second time I knew it was coming (makes a ticking noise when walking) and requested a new one to be sent before it actually broke. Customer service sent them free of charge straight away, must be a known design fault for this batch.

I'm now onto my 2nd child and it's a still going strong. I'd definitely recommend Valco products.

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

Perfect stroller for everyday use.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

We light but sturdy, easy to fold, it has a handle for carrying once folder and a sholder strap (which is awesome if you have to take a few steps and there is no lift nearby).
Construction is good, we bought this replace an old pram as we were travelling to Europe for a month, the best decision.
At at price that doesnt break the bank.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Brakes snapped

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2017

I have a snap duo. This was a very good pram, lightweight and once you got the hang of it, easy to fold. However. Within a week one of the front wheels snapped off and I had to send a friend to get a replacement ( I don't have a car) and now after 18 months the brake cable has apparently snapped. I can't take my 6 yr old son to school tomorrow because I can't take the twins into town by myself. So what am I supposed to do???

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

Comments
Valco Baby Official

Hi Phillippa, We are very apologetic that you have had such a negative experience with your pram. As per telephone conversation with our customer service, a new brake will express posted and should arrive by tomorrow.

I'm grateful it's been so quickly responded to. Now let's see if it's as easy to replace as I was told! Fingers crossed ...

Replacement part received the day after I got in touch and customer service walked me through the steps to replace it, which was not difficult but did need a bit of effort. Can't fault customer service - thank you!

sydney

• 6 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 helpful votes

Highly recommended!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2017

I am very much satisfied with this pram . I bought it for my first child and he used it for 2 and half years . Now I am using the same pram for my second baby and she is 9 months old now . I can't live without this pram . I would recommend this pram to everyone who really want value of money . I never had any issue with this pram. It has extra foot cover for smaller baby which helps not to fall down the blanket. When your baby grow up you can remove it and she can place her foot over footrest . Both of my kids sleeps v well in this pram . I used to walk lot with my first baby and still I walk lot with my pram but still both wheels are intact . this is the best purchase I have for my baby . I highly recommend this one . I have seen lots of other pram but no one is comparable to this . It has lots of features , durability to use it in long run . thanks valco

1 of 5 pages

I just purchased this stroller, it's great. Only wondering if the fabric in grey marle version has the uv protection?

Patrycja asked on Jun 20, 2018

Answer this

Hi Patrycja, thanks for getting in touch with us :) Our prams are designed for the Australian climate, so as such all our prams have UV protection. If you are worried about sun exposure, might be a good idea to invest in a mirror mesh for your pram as well.

I am in the market for a light weight and compact pram. I am really impressed with the Valco Snap and snap 4 reviews. The only concern being the brake failure reported by many customers. I Don’t want my wife to call me to say she is stuck with the baby in the pram that has broken brake. Has Valco rectified this problem in their newer versions? I appreciate their swift attending to brake complaints but I can’t really take the sudden snap of the brakes especially when my wife is by herself shopping or outside.

Sridhar asked on May 30, 2018

Answer this

Hi Sridhar, thanks for your question :) The new Snap Trend 4 has a slightly different mechanism on the brakes (although complaints with the Snap 4 brakes aren't common) the Trends chassis do have an updated design.

Is the snap 4 suitable for international travel? It seems lighter than many strollers designed specifically for travel. Have others flown with it?

Lauren L asked on May 28, 2018