Value Basket is no longer trading/available.

Melbourne

Total scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2016

Bought an iPhone from this website on July 18, then saw these reviews and immediately regretted my decision. As expected from other people's experiences, the item has not arrived, for a couple of weeks I received dodgy emails about warehouse delays etc. Then I saw their website shut down and now has disappeared entirely, and I've received the scanned letter about the company creditors meeting in Hong Kong, so looks like they've folded. Paid on my credit card so will see if I can get a chargeback from my bank. So frustrating how can they have been allowed to keep trading and taking people's money when it was clear internally the products would not be delivered?!

• 1 comment

Winding up notice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2016

I expect everyone who has been taken for a ride by these fraudsters would have received a "winding up notice" via e-mail today. I think we have no chance of getting our funds back, given they are based in Hong Kong. Although I don't understand how they were allowed to effectively trade in Australia for so long by the various state consumer affairs agencies. There have been many complaints about this mob going back several years from what I can see.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I like many others have report was scammed by this mob. My purchase was made on the 3/7/16. On the 5/8/16 I put in a disputed transaction notice with ANZ, where my Visa card is held. Subsequent... read more »

Hobart

• 2 answers

Ripped off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2016

Just learnt they have stopped trading. Still owed $500.09 bucks. I have been waiting on refund for 35 Days.

sydney

Verified Customer

Absolute fraud!! Stay away!! Do not purchase!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2016

I have been robbed of $2052.90 AUD from this fraudulent company. I made my purchase on the 4th of July. They then asked me to provide a copy of bills/licence to "verify" my billing address. This sounded quite fishy so I contacted them to cancel my order. They said they would refund me. No refund after a week. They said there was a glitch in their system. After 3 weeks I lodged a complaint with Fair trading. They said that I would likely get a refund by today as valuebasket has been cooperative in the past. Today I have been notified by fair trading that valuebasket has shut down their website and have stopped responding. My only chance is to lodge a chargeback with my bank which I have just done. Stay away from VALUE BASKET and only buy with paypal online! Lesson learnt.

Banora Point

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Do not use Valuebasket, they do not deliver or refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2016

Ordered a computer, said 4 available. Paid via bank transfer. Few days later found all the bad reviews. Contacted the company approx 2 weeks later to find out the status of my computer. Seems the oversold (if they ever had) the computer I ordered. Told me on back order, waited 2 weeks more contacted them and told they were in the process of getting a computer. After a few days of haggling with them for a solution I asked for my money back. At this point I have been waiting over a month. So I waited another week for my refund ... contacted the NSW Australia Fair Trade to help me get my money back on the 2nd week. Now it is getting onto 3 weeks of no refund and 8 weeks of dealing with this company. And I see that I can no longer access the company via the Website and I still have not received my $2469,00 AU back.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 2 comments

Verified Customer

DO NOT Buy From Them!!! Owe me $2099 STILL!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2016

I wish I did a bit of research before making the purchase, now I am totally trapped. $2099 not get refund after 4 weeks and they still won't give me the refund by using same excuses.

Same as others here, I made purchase on 11/Jun/2016, after 2 weeks no shipment I call them up twice they saying out of stock and want me to wait for another extra week, but their website shows 5 in stock!!! So I decided to cancel the order and get refund on 26/Jun/2016 and got order cancellation email from them next day. Since then I've been calling them up every single week (5 times totally) to chase up the refund, every time they gave me same excuse "Finance System Issue" and want me to wait for another week to see. When I ask them if you can refund me by any other means like bank check and they refused. And even worse they cannot give you a set date when they can do the refund. Then it is getting suspicious and finally Google led me here and everything is clear.

They are not going to ship anything nor the refund!!! So I take the advice here from other cheated customers and yes "FAIR TRADE" is where you go first.

I will post update here once there is.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I've got confirmation with case number from Fair Trading just now.

NSW Fair Trading has advised the trader of the issues raised and has not received an adequate response to your requested outcome. If you are not successful in your request for a chargeback from you... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Do not buy from this company. They owe me £400 refund which they have not paid

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

This company is fraudulent - i ordered a mobile phone from them which was not delivered to me for weeks despite the time frame for delivery given. I cancelled the order and they have now not refunded me the £400 and have given NO valid reason as to why. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Harrogate

Verified Customer

Do not waste your time, money and health with valuebasket.com

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2016

I had to get a loan to buy the Laptop (i ordered on 13th of June) and i stepped back from the contract on 24th of June because valuebasket.com broke the contract several times. They do not deliver on time, they do not keep their promises. They only send excuses and apologies,... I needed the Laptop for work and i did save three month for it then i ordered it and i did so cause it was 150GBP cheaper than in the shop,... In the end i had to get a loan and buy it in the shop anyway (at that point it costed 50GBP less than at Valuebasket). So i am still waiting for a refund from Valuebasket.com and if i could afford it i would sew them for compensation because of all the troubles they caused me. I have really bad stomache problems because of them as well as i can hardly sleep cause i don't know how to pay all the bills since they STILL DID NOT REFUND ME!!!!

Save your money and go to a shop you trust! Valuebasket.com is not worth the hassle!

Ozimek

Lost 1100 EUR

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2016

Order made on 8th May, money sent the same day, delivery confirmed within next 8 days. Till end of May nothing received. On 4th June order canceled and no refund till today (15th July). It is 41 days till now!
During these days I've exchanged plenty e-mails, got nothing but dummy general excuses (they use 3 templates for replying).

If you think it is emotional opinion of inpatient customer please check other opinion on this "shop". Not only here - there is plenty of complaints, especially since February - March this year. They sell goods they don't have.

Need to mention they pick one customer one out of 10 (or 20 or 100 - who knows?), to provide the delivery to get positive feedback (there are some, can't deny this), but all others loose the money and beg for mercy and refund.

I lost 1100 EUR and hope that I'm one of the latest who put order there. I encourage you to share your opinion.on this "shop" wherever you can, use local sites. Don't be shy. If you stay silent they would run this fraud forever cheating new buyers. This is the only activity we can use to stop this fraud business.

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Warning: stay clear of this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2016

I purchased a quadcopter from this company on 16 June 2016 and still waiting. After 10 working days from purchase date I became concerned when it hadn't been sent. I emailing my concerns I was informed that there was a recent surge in purchases of this item and they were experiencing delays in dispatching the item due to the high volume of recent orders. (Although their website still shows the item as 6 available) When I submitted tickets they provided me with the following responses:

"We are now doing every possible way to prioritize the delivery for you. We now have assigned relevant manpower for you to cope with the situation to avoid delay and inconvenience. We will make sure to notify you with any available update of the order."
and
"Thanks for being patient with us whilst we have been getting through the huge number of orders we've had over the last few weeks. I investigated this matter and discovered that your order was delayed due to a sudden influx of orders that were received over the past few weeks. Our fulfillment team is working hard to clear the current backlog as quickly as possible. We have implemented a new delivery system to cope with the growing number of orders coming through so that we can handle orders faster and better in the future. We are trying our best to fulfill all orders as soon as possible but do not want to commit to a specific date to fall through and disappoint you at the end of the day, as we're still clearing out the current overdue orders. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay. We will be in touch as soon as we have a firm delivery date."
and
"Thanks for your email. We have received an update from our logistics team that they are currently suffering from backlogs due to influx of sales from our latest promotions. Unfortunately, they are currently unable to provide an estimated delivery date for your order. We sincerely apologies for the delays. Rest assured that we will closely monitor your order and as soon as your order has been dispatched, we will send a dispatch email to confirm this. If you have further queries, please do not hesitate to email us again and we will gladly assist you.

I began doing searching for reviews on valuebasket (I should have done this before placing my order) and found many others having the same issue and receiving the same responses. I have not requested a refund today. I hope that they honour that and refund the money without delay although many complain that this is also an area where valuebasket fail to meet their obligations to their customers.

There appears to be blatant fraud occurring here yet they are still taking people's money!

I have learnt a valuable lesson. Always research the company you are planning on purchasing from before you proceed.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2016

Payed for a OSMO then they wanted my personal details like some bills to proof it was me. Never received invoice or proof of payment. I called them in Hong Kong demanded my money back. To date NO refund received. Informed Fair Trading Dept. DON'T Buy from these guys I failed to look at this site.

Comments

Response no 4. Dear Ron , Thank you for your response. I have already referred your concern to our relevant department. Once we got an update, will certainly notify you through email. In t... read more »

Much later Another email from them..... Dear Ron, My sincere apologies for the delay in processing your refund. I know this has caused you much inconvenience and I sincerely apologize for this del... read more »

Good news......Fair trading department is looking into this company. Let's hope they will do something to stop this kind of traders doing business in Australia. What you must do if you got stung by... read more »

Verified Customer

Go straight to fair trade. Beware. Dodgy company. Don't actually stock items.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2016

Purchased online a smart phone and waited the alotted 10 business days. No phone. Called and was told the usual back order/influx of orders scenario.

Requested refund was told no worries we will refund. Same refund joke got told the same copy paste story for about a month.

After 8 weeks with no phone Lodged a disputed transaction with my bank and put in a claim with QLD fair trade. Within a week fair trade contacted me and said they had spoke to valuebasket and said I should see a refund in my bank.

That night I had my refund.

Central Coast, NSW

• 3 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Do not trust - buy elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2016

Placed an order for two smartphones that were in stock, paid and started to wait. The order was meant to be dispatched in 5 - 8 business days, but all I saw in the account section was order delayed. An email was sent and I was told that they had an influx of orders, so I'd have to wait. At three weeks I called them and was told the same thing, so told them if there was no change by the end of the week I'd be cancelling my order. Still no update, phones hadn't arrived, so now I have requested via their website to cancel the order, let's see how that goes.
Now two weeks into waiting for my refund after cancelling the order and no sign of a refund being processed, phone calls and emails to them have resulted in my refund request being "escalated", but still no action.
Stay away from VALUE BASKET - they are scammers!
Update 30/06/2016 - they have finally sent me the email that they are processing my refund, not sure if it due to my complaint to NSW Fair Trading or that I have initiated a dispute with my bank, either way it has taken them over three weeks to initiate a refund that should have taken no more than five days.

Verified Customer

Absence of post-sale customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

My smartphone stopped working after 10 days of use. I've requested full refund. They wanted to organise a local pick up. My parcel has been ready with all paperwork but courier has not picked it up yet - every day during last 14 days I've been contacting them, every day I have been promised to have it organised.. no result yet...

Verified Customer

Constant updates, prompt responses, items shipped as ordered.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2016

They updated me every step of the way and delivered in 1-2 weeks. Box was dented but items were working perfectly. E-mails sent to them were promptly replied. Note that I purchased the shipping insurance.

Recommended!

4/5 star as box holding the lens was damaged but content still works fine.

Don't buy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2016

Ordered a camera lense from them. Waited patiently for 2 months. Then cancelled and have now been waiting more than 2 weeks for a refund. Have put in a disputed transaction with the bank. Ordered my lense from another supplier and received it the next day!!!

Verified Customer

Scam company - do not use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

After waiting 20 days to even receive an email to tell me my fitbit had been shipped, I asked for my order to be cancelled and my money refunded. Two months later and I am still waiting for my money back! I had to launch an investigation with Visa to get my funds back. Whilst the investigation was underway, ValueBasket told me my refund had been processed. On Sunday I checked my account only to see that ValueBasket had taken another $163.00 from my account. I am now short $326 - Do not purchase from this website. Their customer service staff pretend to be professional and helpful, but they will just tell you constant lies, and try to delay you.

Verified Customer

Absolutely terrible - do not buy from this store.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

Purchased 2 phones from them, promised to dispatch in 2-4 business days. A week later I followed up and was given the 'caring' email about backlog etc. After following up every couple of days, I still received the emails about my items moving to priority, should be dispatched in a couple of days. I got completely fed up and have cancelled both orders with them. I truly wish I had read the reviews before placing an order with this company, won't make that mistake again. I can see these phones would never have been dispatched. I'm so disappointed at having had dealt with this awful company. I am also still waiting for a refund for both these phones which from the reviews seems another company issue. I have lodged a dispute with my bank and goodness knows when I may receive my refund. Hopefully the bank will have more joy than me as an individual.

Extremely disappointing to say the least. Do not waste your time with this company!!!

Verified Customer

Terrible online store - BEWARE!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

I purchased a running watch from this site. After 2 days, the status went to "processing" where it sat for over a week. I rang to enquire and they said it takes 24-48 hours to get a response from their shipping department but they will enquire as to the status and I should see an updated status in my account. The status then went to "Item on back order and will process as soon as possible" I rang to cancel the order and they asked for me to wait 5 more business days to see if they could get it to ship (I ordered the item and paid for it two weeks earlier). In today's market, I think it is unacceptable to have to wait 3 weeks before an item even ships! And I'm not sure how long it will take for them to process my refund - they stated 2-5 business days. So, in the end they win - they get my money for 3 weeks and deliver no product.

Verified Customer

Still waiting for my refund

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

After cancelling my order over 6 weeks ago, I'm still waiting for my refund. I have been told I will get it on a certain date then there was delays now there's maintenance then it will take five days. All the time I am getting excuses but no refund. Totally over this company and am ringing Department of fair trading in South Australia to try and get my money returned. Quick to take it slow to return it

1 of 39 pages

Can anyone tell me the contact phone number for the Melbourne office of Value basket? Trying to follow up on my refund that I have been waiting weeks for!!!

Jordan Baty asked on Aug 09, 2016

Answer this

Unfortunately they have done a "runner". My understanding is that the criminals who set up this scam are based in Hong Kong, with a so called call centre apparently in the Philippines. The local Australian number was just a front to make the outfit look legitimate. If you used a credit card, you can submit a disputed transaction with the your bank. This might work, although I am still waiting on ANZ to get back to me.

They didn't have a Melbourne office. They had an '08' number which duped me into thinking they had a call centre in Perth, but looks like that wasn't necessarily the case. I've lodged a chargeback with my bank as I paid by credit card, but still waiting for Commonwealth to get back to me too. :(

Sorry mate they are no longer trading. The head office in Hong Kong is having a meeting with the receiver today. You can look up their page they had a link to support email

How do you make a claim with them when you cant contact via email, yes it is great to say call them but you get same answer all will be OK ???

Len B asked on Jul 28, 2016

Answer this

Hi Len, I did call Fair Trading NSW service number 13 32 20 (8.30am to 5pm, Mon - Fri). They are nice and listen, advised me to lodge an online application. In my case it belongs to General Complaint and I reckon for most of us here the same.

However, Fair Trading is quite a "fair" organisation and they only promise days of what they will act not the result, but they are targeting to resolve it in 30 days, moreover, they will assist you to take further action later if the case cannot be resolved in 30 days. I personally haven't run into this kind of fraud before and have no experience with Fair Trading but learnt from others here (read more than 30 pages of complaints here) they are pretty efficient. In my case it is a big $ over $2000 so I'm not that easy to give up and let them take my after tax savings.

I'm claiming back through my credit card company as they are not refunding me or giving me any answers on the phone or via email. I'm in the UK so not sure what other advice I can offer-sorry!

Attention!! They will not refund your money! I have been waiting for a refund for a month now, they have been full of excuses via their bogus philipino call centre with an Australian phone number. Lodged a complaint with fair trading, the lady was on my side. She said they have had many complaints about valuebasket.com and that they had contact with someone from their accounts department and they have issued refunds in the past. Bad news for me is that valuebasket have stopped responding and they seem to have shut their website down. Now I have lodged a chargeback with my bank and am hoping for the best as I am down $2000. This is an absolute outrage!! How do these dodgy companies run with australian domain names? DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM VALUEBASKET.COM.AU

Dear Valuebasket CEO, Please advise when my order number 568377 - 1053177 for Surface Book i7 will be shipped? I have been waiting since May 16 i.e. for more than 35 days. I confess that I did not do homework before placing the order. I saw in the website that goods are available in the stock, and that it is an Australian registered company based in Adelaide, so I placed the order in good faith. I have raised more than 6 tickets to help desk, and called 5 times, but yet no sign of commitment from the company to give a definitive date for shipping to me. Is there a definite shipment date for my order please? Please let me know when my computer will be delivered. If you don't have it in stock why you have taken the order? Why you misled me by your false stock showing in your website. I sent a screen shot of your stock. If you have so much of a backlog of orders, why you have not stopped yet taking the orders? Why you are still showing, you have this computer in stock? Respondez?

NurAlam asked on Jun 20, 2016

Answer this

25 June 16-Update; I did post the same question as in this website to www.trustpilot.com as well.
Within 24 hours of publishing this posting, I received an email from Valuebasket about my shipment and finally I received my surface book computer in 3 days.
However, I'll NOT recommend anyone to go through the pain of waiting and living in the tension of loosing the money, as valuebasket is hopeless in managing their customer expectations and through misleading ad and false stock information, they tempt buyers into placing their orders but cant meet their own commitment.

In nowhere, I have been told that I'll have to wait 35 days to get my item. After 31 days of waiting, I was desperate to find out about the company, what I found made me worried more. I found in the whirlpool forum that Valuebasket has been doing this kind of dirty tactics with their customers (i.e. back log delay due large orders) since 2012.

So it's a bad company to trust. I am lucky that I have received my computer and did not loose the money. In the last 4 weeks, I saw more than 20 customers cancelled their orders. So I was also thinking cancel it, but thanks to trustpilot website for help. ValueBasket responded to my query.

See all 27 questions about Value Basket