Surfers Paradise

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Best Value Stick Vac by far.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

I had never used a stick vac until a friend lent me her Dyson. I loved it. Started looking for one to buy but no way could I afford a Dyson. Read a few reviews of different types and decided to buy this one for $270 delivered. It’s been absolutely great. Powerful suction, not too heavy or awkward to handle. The Brush boost button is great for sticky debris and pet hair. Battery easily lasts whole house. The attachments are handy and it’s easy to empty.
Very happy with my purchase and will never go back to a barrel vac.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Sydney

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Good cheaper option with nice suction power

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Vacuums well carpet and hard floors, has good power/suction, love the light weight, and lights function to show when charge running out. Turbo power is ready, probably couldn’t vacuum anything just in regular power though. Great for picking up pet hairs, and dust/dirt you didn’t even know was there was n your carpet! Pretty quiet system too

Purchased at: Kogan.com

Gold coast

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Perfect for the job.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I love my little Vax VX63. Its light and easy to use. It does such a great job and is so convenient. We have a cat and a dog who shed hairs and the little wonder picks up all the hair. Its amazing. This was recommended by a friend. She did me a great favour. 10/10

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Brisbane, QLD

• 1 answer
  • 8 helpful votes

My little wonder Vax ...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

I hate getting the big vacuum cleaner out to clean our cats room through the week. The cat's hair and kitty litter have found their match. The Vax stick cleaner to perfect for through the week when time is a big thing and I just need to do a run over to keep the cat's room clean. This stick vacuum cleaner is easy to get around the cat's toys and cleans the carpet with ease. The suction is good for the hair and kitty little (recycled newspaper) and find it light enough to get around the room quickly. I also use it for little accidental incidents in the kitchen, e.g. an accidental rice or sugar spill.

Wodonga

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: May 2018

Removes pet hair brilliantly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

You could spend 3 times as much on another brand, but I am extremely happy with my VX63, which I purchased because I have 3 pets living inside. It removes hair brilliantly, and the turbo boost really works well. I have a large home and can whizz around on one battery cycle. I thoroughly clean the filters after every vacuum. That way I know I'm going to get the maximum life out of my vacuum.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Werribee

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

This vacuum cleaner sucks, which is a good thing for a vacuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Bought one of these after a female friend of mine was telling me how good her cordless dyson was. I was a bit dubious about a cordless vacuum having the power too clean anything and with my shoulder injury thought it may be too much weight to lug around. Happy to report that both were unfounded fears! Having recently moved back into my house after having it rented out for a number of years I wanted something easy to use for cleaning my floors. Well works wonders on hard floors but the suprise came when I ran it over the carpets which had been proffesionaly cleaned when my tenants vacated! Filled the dust bowl in each bedroom. NOW it does have a small dust bowl but its not hard to empty, my point here is it picked up hair and dust that a professional carpet cleaner left behind. That's a plus for the V63 in my opinion. Save your money and don't buy a dyson get one of these, you won't regret it.

South qld

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Moved into a 2 story house.. Lifesaver

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

We have a huge house!!! Huge! And this vac will last long enough for me to do all the main areas (upstairs and down) in one charge. Then bedrooms in another. Great for stairs and for pesky dog hairs. I wish i knew I'd have to buy a brush for hard floor though. Suction is decent if you keep it empty and clean after use. Great little vac especially for the price!!

Purchased at: Big W

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

A surprisingly good find

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

The Vax cordless pet pro is a true gem in the rough. I have used my friends Dyson cordless and for this being literally a 1/4 of the price, this is leaps and bounds superior to the Dyson and any other brand for that matter.

The suction is top notch for a cordless. The bristles are stiff on the motorised head and pick up a lot of stuff on carpets. It’s light and easy to use and although not as maneuverable as the Dyson, it’s still easy to use.

I highly recommend this vacuum cleaner as looking around in store this is one of the cheapest ones there but the quality is really high

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Fast charging
Long battery life
Easy to use
Easy to clean
I bought this to do a quick vacuum without having to get the Miele out, plug it in and connect hoses etc and I am pretty sure this is all I am going to use from now on. We have a 4 bedroom house with timber, tiles and carpet, can do the whole house no probs, Looked at the Dyson and did not want to spend that much, very happy with the decision.

Poor Design

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

Worked ok with motorised head and turbo button engaged for general floor cleaning.

Without motorised head, just crevice tool or brush tool, the vax did not have the power to pick up anything.

Clunky design compared to say Dyson which we swapped to. Previously used a Dyson v6 which I took to work. Replaced the vax with a Dyson v8. Light years ahead

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Outdoes my expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2018

I bought this to quickly and easily clean up after the kids in little areas. But I can already see it will likely replace my barrel vac. We have carpets, lino and tiles and it manages beautifully on each surface without having to fiddle around with different heads or settings. Our house is 4BR and it can easily do the house on one charge.
I was concerned about having to use the "boost" setting and therefore chew through the battery quickly but the suction on the normal level is excellent and sufficient for regular vacuuming.
The vacuum is very easy to manoeuvre, it does not feel heavy or awkward but is smooth and easy to get in and around furniture.
An excellent product that I definitely have been recommending to people.

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

This ticks all the boxes for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2018

Love this light weight powerful macine i have a disability and i can use this vac with ease lt has plenty of guts and last long enough to do our house it just a breeze to use picks up pet hair brilliantly and with power head it picked up dust etc left by our household vacuum AAA

Adelaide

Dust everywhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

After only a couple minutes use i realised there was a fine layer of dust coated on the outside of the motor and on the stick. After wiping the machine down, pulling it apart, cleaning the filters and making sure they were installed properly i tried again.. after a minute of use the fine coating of dust had re appeared.. i rang the 1300 number for Vax and they told me to contact the seller as it was there problem as they sold it to me.. after contacting Kogan where i bought the item they told me i have to contact Vax direct.. so far no body is coming to the party for the '' two year'' warranty.. Definitely would steer clear of Vax and Kogan

Purchased at: Kogan.com

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great price, great cleaning

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

I have always been a Dyson girl but comparing prices with Dyson V8 Animal against the Vax Blade & Good Guys 100 day return on the Vax if I wasn't happy & I could then trade up & get the trusty Dyson, I thought why not give it a go. Trust me, this Vax has real guts, gets the dog hair out of the carpets & it cost half the price of the Dyson, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Bendigo

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Better than some dearer models

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

We had a couple of handheld Vacs and some with the main part that clipped out and you could use it as a little hand vac.. Well they were all cheap and poorly made and didn't have the grunt we were after. However after buying the Vax Slim Vac cordless pet we reckon it's a winner. If you keep it clean (empty frequently and clear gathered stuff on the revolving brush occasionally you will be rewarded with a good performing rechargeable portable vac. We love it.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

homebush west

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Easy to use

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

We are quite happy with the suction from this model, it is very light in weight, my kid could handle this , our apartment is wooden floor and this vacuum cleaner is convenient to use , as it is portable , we often use to clear our car, only disadvantage is noise , bit loud

Purchased at: Target Australia

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Dave your money don't buy a Dyson

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Was drawn to vax due to the time factor, helave heard dysons run out too quickly. Battery life is brilliant, was heavy to start as used to a bag vac and does weigh about 3kgs but after a while its fine. Easy to clean car as well, great attachments, floorboards and carpet. Suction great. Should have bought one years ago. House is 13sq and lasts the distance!!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Not wonderful

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2017

Do not buy if you have a long-haired pet. The hair bunches around the brushes in the head causing a blockage , and thus needs cleaning out all the time. It is also quite heavy on your hands as the motor is high. My hands ached after vacuuming one room. I would not recommend it for pet owners.
The house has vinyl, tile and carpet floors

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Now the belt on the head has gone - Although it seems to work, this product is hard work, and the fact that now it has broken after normal use is even ore disappointing.

I still would not recommend it for people who have pets.

Wynn Vale

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

I've had this for a day. WOW

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

Bought this to replace a dyson dc39 (see my review of that).
All I can say is WOW!
Vacuumed with the dyson before we went to buy the Vax.
1 run with the Vax over the same spot that was "cleaned" an hour earlier and the amount of dirt it picked up. I nearly needed to wash the filter on its first run! Plus it has 2 washable filters and a really easy to clean "barrel".
It has an actual powered head, unlike our mains powered dyson.
I paid $299... Probably could've got it cheaper, but our Godfreys is seriously local (4 minute drive), HN ($288 on sale) is 30 minutes away, and my car is a guzzler! :D
I've been watching the price of this for awhile and it doesn't drop enough to make it worth my while waiting.
I'll edit this if anything breaks, but so far, I wish I had've bought it 6 months ago.
Huge thumbs up.