Really helpful and valuable thing to do

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I found my recent session with VicSuper really helpful to make some small changes that will make a big difference in the longer term. It also helped me feel more confident that I'm on the right track. Thanks!

Excellent advice before retirement

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

I have been with VicSuper for over twenty years. Some years ago I was advised to move into Transition to Retirement, which set us up for the next four years and my investments did very well. With retirement getting much closer, we met with Kevin Phoa in the Melbourne office mid-October and moved things around. His advice and service was spectacular, easy to follow and implement. We are very comfortable with retirement one year away, and Kevin has eased our minds that we are well on track. We very much appreciate being looked after so professionally.

Great Customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

Recently my wife and I met with Sam Shah from VicSuper 2 times for the purpose of maximising the benefit from our Super funds, and I must say we were very impressed with the results. Sam's extremely clear, friendly and methodical approach towards explaining the various options that were available to us was greatly appreciated, and we came away from our meetings with him with our purpose fulfilled. Thank you Sam!

• 1 review
  • 3 comments
  • 1 answer

Worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Call centre seems to be all kids with no life experience (rude, arrogant and just over talk you, they waffle on from a script, you never get a chance to talk and you pay for the call, work that out), hide product information so you lose money, dont send policy changes or updates, can't ask questions by email, not appointed a single advisor but have to start from zero every time you call, each person has different level of experience, just play with you, offer worst customer service, if you dont want high risk share products they wont provide any financial planning services. Gangsters in suits

Comments
VicSuper Official

We’re sorry you haven’t had a great customer service experience. You can speak to a member of our Complaints Team directly regarding your experience. Please provide your contact details (email or ... read more »

If you looked after your members instead of ripping them off, you would already know this?

VicSuper Official

Hi a2s3d4f, from your username it’s impossible for us to determine your name and we’d really like to discuss your experience with our team, so if you can private message us your contact details we’ll contact you asap.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Best advice from VicSuper - Blackburn

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

I have been with VicSuper since 1994. I would like to say that I have been extremely satisfied with the advice given and the performance of my VicSuper fund.
I have been very lucky to have Dion Miller, Blackburn Office, as my VicSuper representative. Dion has given me valuable advice over the years which has in turn enabled me to feel confident and not worry about my superannuation investment.
The journey has been made interesting with transition to retirement strategy put in place and in 2012 a review to deal with redundancy.
All in all, I have made it through without worrying.
Thank you to Dion Miller at VicSuper.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Assistance with retirement plans

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I have been with Vic Super over 10 years and I am very satisfied the the performance of my investments in the current market.

Exceptional Customer Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

I was looking into signing up with VicSuper, my point of contact is Caroline Melocco, her communication and fast responses have been excellent and I am now in the process of changing over to VicSuper.

assistance with retirement plans

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

My wife & me have been visiting Sam Shah at Vic Super for a number of years now, every time we meet with sam he is such a nice person & also he delivers the best outcome for the customers. his knowledge & advice are paramount to us. sam always looks to produce the very best for his clients. to our minds this can only be delivered by the person who has massive experience & knowledge on this field of expertise.
During discussions with Sam he provided data to show what we could acheive for a positive outcome for our retirement in the near future both my wife & myself are very happy with the performance the investments are producing to date.
well done Sam & we look forward to out next planned meeting with you.

A great relief for our retirement

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

During the school holidays my wife and I went to Melbourne and saw Paul Asselman for advice on our financial possibilities after retirement. He was very friendly and patient with us, listening to our wants and then explaining very clearly our possible options for a comfortable life in retirement. We have been with Vicsuper for 18 years and it is very reassuring to go into retirement confidently knowing that we can retire comfortably.

What a relief to finally understand.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

I have been with VicSuper since 1974 (44 years). VicSuper has done a fantastic job of managing my super during this time. Sam Shah developed a comprehensive plan that even I can understand. He is patient and very helpful. He really impressed me with his dedication and inter-personal skills. Thanks Sam.

Great to know where you are at!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

I've been with VicSuper for over 20 years. My account is doing well. Great to catch up with Sam today for a short review. All good. Sam explains things very clearly. I really value this transparency. Thanks Sam!

Excellent Help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Very informative and helpful chat today, will definitely put in place all things suggested. Great service and Vic Super is perfect for my husband and myself.
Thank you.

Excellent information session

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I attended a VicSuper workshop to learn more about how superannuation works and how not to get caught out! It was a highly informative and value session, highly reccommend.

Excellent Presentation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I never took notice of my super until now. I had absolutely no clue about what it could do for me and was paying for insurances i know nothing about.

This presentation was clear and provided me with a better understanding of my super. Finance related presentatiosn can usually be confusing and hard to understand - this wa snot one of them. It was a valuable session that I have come out of feeling more knowledgeable.

Super helpful in-house session

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Caroline and Tracey came to our work and gave an information session and workshop about Superannuation. We learned a lot about super, some important facts and figures and worked through a case study that made us think about our own situation and how we can better look after ourselves for our future. Caroline provided us with one-on-one appointments to discuss our individual super context, which was super helpful to have that unique time to ask questions and get advice about best super practices.
We also really loved the little prizes. Thanks so much, Tracey for making super much more accessible and understandable. It was a great sessoin

this is very important to me how life qulity will be in rest of my life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

13 years with VicSuper. it is always excellent . annually seminar is a great help to understand how my superannuation works.

Laurie and Ron

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Was looking to change to change my super to an industry fund. Learnt more about super in one hour with Sam than in the previous 20 years. Highly recommend Vic Super.Thanks Sam Shah

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Excellent and friendly one on one advice with Ross Taylor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

I have been with VicSuper for about 8 years and I recently saw Ross Taylor, a VicSuper Client Partnership Manager and was very happy with his advice to get the most out of my super for my future. Work organised a one on one session and he was very honest and easy to deal with. He simplified things very well for me. The fund has low admin fees compared with other industry funds and is increasing my investment nicely.

Ross was a breath of fresh air as I had previously not had a great experience dealing with VicSuper's underwriters AMP when I increased my life and TPD insurance. However, it is good to know VicSuper are no longer using AMP as their underwriter and their premiums actually reduced when they changed underwriters. Hopefully anyone increasing their cover will not have the same experience with the new underwriters as I had with AMP.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Good relationship with the Vicsuper advisor always an open and friendly discussion.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

Have been with VicSuper since 2002 and have been able to build my super account significantly over that time. As a result I was able to prepare for retirement for both myself and my wife (also with Vicsuper). Recently I consolidated one of my commercial funds into my VicSuper account with the help of the Vicsuper advisor. The advisors advice has always been very helpful and thoroughly professional, the relationship continues to build. Completely satisfied with the performance of my VicSuper account which continues to grow even while paying me an excellent pension.

Better late than never.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

Impressed with the professionalism of the very pleasant advisers. Looking forward to seeing how the product works for me in my retirement...

1 of 11 pages

Hi - I am with Q Super but I can see that they are just robbing their members blind with insurances that aren't necessary. It is obvious that they are lining their own pockets. As I work in Qld, is it easy or even possible to swap to VicSuper?

Pumi asked on Nov 20, 2018

Hi Pumi

Thanks so much for your question. We are a profit to member fund open to everyone across Australia, so you can definitely join VicSuper even though you work in Queensland. We work to deliver real value for all our members and we're one of only seven super funds in Australia to be rated 5-Stars by Canstar for Outstanding Value.

Joining VicSuper can be done online and only takes a few minutes. You can rollover your other super funds as part of the joining process.

We encourage you to contact our team on 1300 366 216 to discuss your situation. You can also private message your contact details and we’ll arrange for a team member to give you a call. Regards VicSuper

Hi there I am currently with Hostplus, as I was working in Hospitality industry. Now I have moved to transport industry and working as owner driver. Just wondering if VicSuper have benefits for transport industry workers and how long does it take to roll over?

Jas asked on Oct 05, 2018

Hi Jas

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are a profit-to-member fund open to all industries. We work to deliver real value for all our members and we're one of only seven super funds in Australia to be rated 5-Stars by Canstar for Outstanding Value.

Joining VicSuper can be done on our website and only takes a few minutes. You can rollover your other super funds as part of the joining process.

Regards
VicSuper

I am a teacher and I want to make a contribution to my super and claim a deduction on my tax return. There are 2 BPAY codes listed in my vicsuper portal...Personal Contributions and Personal (Deductible) contributions...which one do I use?

Shell asked on Jun 21, 2018

Answer this

Hi Shell. To make a contribution and then claim a deduction, please use the personal (deductible) contributions BPAY details. After you've made an after-tax contribution into your VicSuper account, you have until before you lodge you tax return and the end of the following financial year to claim your tax deduction. You have to let us know you intend to claim a deduction in your tax return by completing the Notice of intent to claim or vary a deduction for personal super contributions form before lodging your tax return. You'll then get a letter back from us which you'll need to use to claim your deduction in your tax return. If you have any questions, feel free to call our team on 1300 366 216. Regards VicSuper