caption

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2019

lack of information on kosik as for a deaf person wasting money hire dvd when it don't have caption..prefer the old one in riverside as they give the information

Sydney

• 1 answer

Verified Customer

It’s a kiosk, so don’t overthink it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

A lot of the time I don’t have a new release or I’m thinking of buying a new release, this is a good time saver and it’s always open

If your DVD is scratched a simple email and the customer service will get back to you

Call even and they will put you through to a real customer service operator

Renmark West, SA

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Love the flexibility

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2018

We live very rurally so we don't have lots of options and aren't into online stuff, so we just love video ezy. The flexability of being able to rent from any kiosk and return to any kiosk is what we love most. I realise we're an extreme example of users but any company that can handle that rocks in our book. Hubby goes to adelaide every week & before returning, we search movies and different kiosks and he grabs 3 or 4 and comes home. We return them here, 250+km away. How cool is that!? If we have a disc that won't play we ring and they give us a free promo code, worth a little more than you paid. If you want help finding a movie, ring them and they'll always help. If hubby, who's nearly blind, has trouble getting through the process on a kiosk, we ring Video Ezy and they do it remotely for him! They're fabulous! Their staff are friendly, helpful and a great example of what customer service 'should ' be like everywhere. We only wish they had more kiosks but with the world pushing everything digital or online it's so nice to find a company who are still trying to meet peoples needs. Good on you Video Ezy. We really do think you rock! Thanks.

Melbourne

• 6 answers

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

They charged me $32 for returning my dvd to a different kiosk. The kiosk had no problem accepting the dvd but then charged me a few days later.

Excellent service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I'm absolutely satisfied with the service. First of all, it is cheaper to get a movie from here than from Google play or Apple store, plus they often have specials that make it even cheaper. Secondly, I rent at least 1 per week and only once the movie was damaged. I e-mailed them and they gave me a voucher for a free rental. I think a damaged movie is normal and it is out of their hands.The service they provide when something like that happens is just excellent. Thank you!

It hopefully will get better pls rent ps games for kids

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Something seems to always go wrong with the machines but the customer service is supportive and refunds fully for any inconvenience..

Poor selection

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Given their total monopoly would like to see a greater selection, eg some art films, etc. Current range is from very commercial to naf. Even advertised better quality films on the website are just always "not available" in my region, the Gold Coast. False advertising really!

Greenvale, Victoria

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Needs some work to get better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Was a member with another company until Video Ezy bought them out, since then have not been as satisfied.
Have tried to rent DVDs and a couple of times the machine has not been working, although on these occasions when the machine has been back up and running they have offered all members a code to rent a DVD for free.
Liked being able to reserve titles and search the local kiosk for what was available, these options are not available on Video Ezy, would be great if they could be added on.
Its the little things that make all the difference.

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

Does video ezy management ever read these reviews ? The company needs to take a good look at its self . I used to rent from hoyts nearly every weekend , now the new releases are never available. Video ezy are so pathetic. Something needs to be done. Management have no idea of how to run the business.

1 Scratched, Other Won't Work.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Complete waste of 8 dollars.
Customer service is Shocking, no help. Complete money grab.
Never Using again.
Just Useless.
Terrible

Scratched disks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Can’t play disks
Tried calling
Phone rang out

All in all, a complete waste of $8 and wouldn’t recommend at all.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Rental disk scratched and wont play

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Rental wont play. Guess you cant expect much when there's no one there to check the disks after there returned.

Absolute crap waste of time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Waste of time drove to 3 different kiosks only to find that none of them read my card what a joke have told them numerous times about it still no good even after 3 weeks and new card readers my card works on every thing else i buy but cant rent a dvd your loss no wonder ya getting bad reviews you send me a free dvd code that wont even work never trying again just tried to rent 4 movies at 2 different locations with out getting any do you even read these reviews !!! See ya you'll be broke soon with this kind of service

Sydney

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Disk faulty; can't trust what you rent will play

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

First disk I ever rented from then stopped about half way.

Customer service offered a 'free' rental replacement, but not wasting my time with them,

I miss Hoyts, never had an issue.

Absolutely Garbage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Advertising movies they haven't stocked in any kiosk. Customer service is terrible. Don't bother...work something else out. It's not worth the drive.

• 6 helpful votes

Waste of Space

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Two DVDs rented were unplayable on the DVD player. The VideoEzy machine was locked away in a shopping centre so the DVDs couldn't be returned after hours. No refund was forthcoming from "Customer Service". Be warned! These machines will gobble up your hard-earned money and give you little in return. In my opinion they are a waste of space.

• 1 answer
Private message

Worst experiance they took my dogs medication money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Dont rent from these guys they have taken out over 100 in late fees in 1 day 7 transactions and wont return money saying it is from late fees ages ago for a card that was stolen good going video ezy lost my business netflix here we come

August 24th 2018 Update: Taken over $100 out of my account one hit dont rent

I haven't rented movies for a very long time but my account got slogged 2 x $4 And 1 x$89 Don't rent not worth having your money stolen from video ezy.

A downgrade!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

Tried to use my card to purchase a DVD and it wouldn’t work, then tried 2 different cards and they wouldn’t swipe properly either. Also the selection of new realeases compared to the Hoyts booth that was there previously is terrible and the cost to hire a DVD has gone up also. The old system worked fine not sure why it was changed!

No new releases

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Don't know what is happening lately, but no new releases.
They are not advertised in the kiosk. All old movies only.
Disappointed lately. Maybe Hoyts need to come back

Customer Service is useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

I have always used Hoyt kiosk and found it great. Since it was my first time using a Video EZY Kiosk I will tell you it took over 40 minutes until it finally worked it did the 3 DVD’s in two transactions without my promo code working at all. Due to receiving an incorrect bill I called their customer care to find them not only rude and dismissive but not helpful in the slightest. When having the difficulties I tried to call the kiosk help number only to get nobody answer my call. I was then left with calling Video EZY other number for stores to seek assistance. The man behind me also couldn’t work out what was happening with it. I am now left with not excepting their 1/2 off resolution and pursuing it legally.
Never use a company that doesn’t look after their customers!

1 of 5 pages

Hi Customer care, we returned a video last night Xmas eve and got home to find out that the video was a blue ray, which we could not watch, and unable to contact you, is there a way for us to go to the machine and change it for another 1, We are in H bay and the machine is at Woolworths Pialba, could you please give us a call on 0400193504? my details are in your machine, Regards Wayne.

WAYNE asked on Dec 26, 2018

How often do new movies get added to the kiosks? When do new movies come in?

Lollie asked on Nov 13, 2018

Answer this

Some maybe added every 1-2 weeks, but unpredictably, and of the new releases advertised on the web some remain "not available" at all the kiosks in my area. (Within 10kms)

They seem to get added every week or so, and there is usually a weekly newsletter that is emailed to showcase the new releases and what is coming soon.

Do you have to return dvds to the same kiosk that you got them from?

Janet d asked on Oct 11, 2018

Answer this

It has to be the same model machine as i think there is 2 different model machines. Ive done a bunch of times with no problems but same model machine

Apparently so.. they just charged me $32 for returning to a different kiosk!!