Model: V40SG2EBK Date Purchased: Sep 2015

Planned obsolescence at it's finest.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

Like many posters on here my Vintec has now popped up to 26 degrees from the 18 degree set point virtually to the day of the 2 year anniversary of purchase date so, of course, probably out of warranty. I had this issue when I first bought the fridge in September 2015 and Vintec were outstanding in getting the fridge fixed (twice). Now that Electrolux owns Vintec I await their response to the latest problem. Will report back.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Glass House Mountains

Model: V40SG2ESS Date Purchased: May 2011

Stay Away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

Ours has been nothing but trouble. It was replaced twice under warranty. Every time there is a power blackout you have to reset it. This week it would not reset. It was very expensive at the time and I certainly will not be buying another Vintec when it's time for replacement - which could be soon by the look of it.

Apparently Electrolux has purchased Vintec. It's a real pain trying to contact them. Having to go through all the prompts etc. I was trying to contact them to find an authorised repairer (normal electrician/refrigeration specialists) do not want to go anywhere near them. The closest repairer to us is 40 minutes away and only visits our area once a week - which is the day that I work. I rang several refrigeration specialists and electricians and the minute I said it was a Vintec - they were not interested. One man told me it is a nightmare to try to get parts for them too.

We have an outside under counter bar fridge that we purchased from Bar Fridges Australia and it has not missed a beat and is outside. Yes it was expensive too, but at least it works.

Adelaide

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: V40SG2E Date Purchased: Nov 2013

Stopped cooling after 3 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Worked for three years but certainly not worth the money. Wish I had read the reviews prior to purchasing. Out of warranty now and useless. Clearly not a quality product worth paying the dollars they charge for it. not going to bother getting it serviced. Any ideas on a better quality product to purchase?

Adelaide

Model: V40SG2ES3 Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Cool wine chiller

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

The wine chiller is easy to use and looks great in the kitchen- my husband likes the blue interior light- which can be turned off, also. Makes afew noises, as all fridges do. Maintains correct temperatures. Handy having the 2 different temperature zones for reds and whites. Good having the option of locking it when kids are about!

Model: V40SG2ES3 Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Expensive Landfill

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2017

We have now had a total of 4 Vintec Bar Fridges. Yes they look amazing! That is where the compliments finish. Unfortunately not one of the 4 fridges have done what fridges are designed to do and that is keep cold. My husband wants cold beer not tepid beer and the wine fridge is cooler outside the fridge than inside. Have had many technicians come and "fix" them and I have also been told by the technicians that they are not designed to be 'cold'. Do your self a favour and purchase another brand. Vintec listen to your customers and fix this disastrous, expensive product.

Model: V40SG2E Date Purchased: Jun 2014

Great when it worked

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

Purchased mine during a Penfolds Promotion and apart from taking nearly 6 months have been very happy with it, quiet, kept even temp for last 2 years just beautiful. I must have jinxed myself though as within a week of recommending it to a friend for a xmas present for her husband I noticed the temperature gauge had shot up to 24. I have tried everything but sadly even after turning off overnight it now has a temp of 26:( all my beautiful wine I purchased from Penfolds including two classic old bottles of GH have more than likely turned to vinegar, they are back in the old pine $100 wine rack back under the garage. I will contact Vintec as Glen did but I am not holding out much hope as mine was purchased maybe 2014 and sure to be out of warranty. But I feel so bad about recommending them to my girlfriend, my only hope is she purchased a newer improved model.

Forresters Beach

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: V40SG2ESS Date Purchased: Nov 2011

Faulty Product…wouldn't recommend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

Unfortunately mine hasn't worked properly since day one…I purchased the fridge with my Westpac Altitude Rewards points ($1500) in 2011 when renovating our home, unfortunately the fan noise was a major issue and under warranty a 'repair or adjustment' was done by Vintec…the unit seem to work OK but not great for only next 3 years…..since then I've had the unit turned off for the past 12 months thinking it shouldn't be a problem as it wasn't being used. I recently turned it on to get it up and running and discovered it now doesn't cool at all, fan, light work but nothing else, just says 28 degrees even though I have scrolled the up down buttons to lock in temps…..Total waste of my time and especially my points…I'm selling my home and thought this would be great to include with the sale, now it has to be excluded and probably thrown out as it isn't worth spending the money on, I would avoid buying this product as it has no real longevity for the expensive price tag. Very disappointed indeed.

Model: V40SG2EBK Date Purchased: Dec 2014

Great product support

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

Our original Vintec performed flawlessly for 3 years, then lost gas through compressor leak....Vintec offered repair at their cost or replacement with new unit....we went for the new unit & it turned up as promised, the old unit was taken away by the delivery guys. So we are happy campers!

Model: V40SG2EBK Date Purchased: Aug 2014

complete compressor rebuild at a cost of $800. 2 Year Warranty

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

I bought this fridge as my wife loves to drink wine . It was all installed professionally and like other users just after 2 years it started to play up. I would set the temp at between 5 degrees and 12 degrees and it would not go below 24 degrees. I had a repairer come out who told me it would need a complete compressor rebuild at a cost of $800.

For $800 I would rather go and buy a $400 wine fridge, non Ventec and replace it every year if it needed it.

Model: V40SG2E Date Purchased: Jul 2014

2 Year Warranty - Lasted 2 Years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2016

Bought my Vintec in the Penfolds promotion in July 2014, guessing it was delivered 16 weeks or later....hopefully still in warranty...stopped cooling, fan working, compressor humming, so expect gas has failed from...will call Vintec tomorrow but don't expect much from this online feedback...had a Eurocave that has not missed a beat since 2000.

UPDATE: phoned Vintec today, received really excellent service, 5 minutes on phone and offered to replace fridge...well done Vintec, things go wrong it's how you respond that counts...

Smithfield NSW. Australia

• 3 helpful votes

Same Same

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2016

Same problem as all the others here.just stopped getting cold. Vintec service charge $165 to find all the gas had leaked out and it would cost $750 to fix . Unit was just over 2 years old and out of warranty. I have a 20 year old bear fridge that still has the same gas . The Vintec unit is obviously not what you pay for.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: V40SG2E

I wish I had read these reviews prior.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2015

The fridge looked good and worked for about three years, then just stoped getting cold.
I was trying to get it fixed but after reading all the reviews I think I will just throw it out.
You can be assured I will not be purchasing a "Vintec" replacement.
Could some one advise a better brand name?

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

melbourne

• 1 review

Model: V40SG2ESS

Bad product design

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2014

used it for the past 2 years and was working OK, until it stopped cooling, call the compnay tech who chceked and said there is a leak in the coil which is made of ALUMINUM and can not be Brazed and therefore needs to install a new proper coil made of COPPER which in case of any future leak could easily be brazed on site.
wanted $600 for the coil replacment !!!, with such price I will buy a new wine fridge.
One would expect that Vintec would make a good design and install a copper coil that in case of a leak could be easily brazed on site, but instead they rather make a cheap design and charge $ 1500 plus for it.
I would avoid this brand in the future, lesson learned ..

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Model: V40SG2ESS

Door doesn't close properly

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2014

I waited for the new model in Dec 2012 as its front was more appealing, our wine fridge is 16 mths old. It works fine, does the job, but! The shelves must be a little too long. Every time I open the door it won't close again because the door is hitting one of the shelves. I have to adjust bottles and carefully push the shelf in numerous times to hopefully get the door to close. Eventually it closes, very frustrating, especially in a new kitchen we you have friends around entertaining! I'm using my main food fridge for wine more now because it is quite annoying.

Also when it arrived the light was not properly attached at the top, I did get good after sales service they sent out a tech who fixed the light fitting quickly.

Also it does not hold many white wine bottles, I feel like pulling out shelves to get more in. It holds thin reisling bottles more comfortably than chardonnay bottles. This does not suit the main Australian wine market. Reds are fine.

+ Looks good, 2 zones

- Door does not close after you open it

Comments
Vintec Official

Hi there, Just wanted to let you know that the door closing issue you describe isn't normal and that we’d like to help if we may? Based on your description, I might know what the issue is. Pl... read more »

Perth

Shocking product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2014

I bought this fridge as my wife has a very fine champagne collection. It was all installed professionally and like other users after 3 years it started to play up. I would set the temp at between 5 degrees and 12 degrees and it would not go below 24 degrees. I had a repairer come out who told me it would need a complete compressor rebuild at a cost of $800.

For $800 I would rather go and buy a $400 wine fridge, non Ventec and replace it every 3 years if it needed it.

+ looks good

- cost, didn't last, repairs too expensive

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Vintec Official

Hi Todd The Vintec team would like to help if we may? Based on your description, there are a few things that could be of assistance. Could you give us a call? Please feel free to ask for Leonie... read more »

Administration and company blunder

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2013

Vintec don't want to protect their brand and are open to ridicule. delivered and would not switch on at all. then the real problem started the retailer kept fobbing off my return for full refund until the vintec tech came. The problem then ..vintec techs. are not sure how to fix their products. l had to do the dance we cant send a tech until you fill out the pages of your model. Give this brand a wide berth

+ none

• 1 review

Lasted 3 years, then stopped cooling. Compressor failed

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2013

I would have expected a life of at least 10years, not 3.
Note - The unit was installed within specs by a professional and operated within the design parameters. The unit failed whilst we were away allowing the wine to warm to ambient (20 degc). Not good for the quality of some expensive wines

+ When it worked great