• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Treat paying customers like scum

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I fly regularly for business, usually I will do a return trip once a week and hold gold or equivalent frequent flyer status with several airlines. Due to my employers travel policy I am occasionally forced to use Virgin Australia. Of the last five flights I have taken with them in the course of the previous three months, one has left on time. Two I was bumped from as I am not a frequent flyer with Virgin and they take great pleasure in bumping you off flights if you are just a regular customer, one was an hour late with no explanation or apology, and one was two hours late departing. Their customer services are pathetic. Let’s just say if you speak Tagalog you Will be at an advantage. The first flight I was bumped from they knew about but didn’t advise me until I tried to check in. The second one I got a text message to say my flight details had “changed” but they didn’t tell me what. When I rang Virgin Australia customer services in the Philippines they said their system was down and they couldn’t help me. I had no idea what had happened to my booking until I arrived at Brisbane airport where they told me that for the second time in consecutive flights I had been bumped to a later flight. Their booking system regularly fails and when it does all staff run and hide rather than face angry and frustrated paying customers. They are in all areas a failure as an airline. As a business traveler who needs certainty on departure and arrival I can not use Virgan as in nearly all cases they will not put you on the flight that you book, and it is a certainty that any flight you are on will depart and arrive late, usually by several hours. If you don’t care about when you leave, when you arrive, or if you actually get on the flight you paid for, fly Virgin Australia.

Cow ground crew

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

A ground crew person was being a real cow when trying to get a bag tag. Your crew are cow. They need to work on there people skills. From this I am never flying with the airline again.

Virgin Australia customer is poor and disgraceful!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Virgin Australia is disgraceful and no respect for customer, even we are travelling with a 3 years old. Customer service was beyond poor. Their maintenane plan and back up to cater for airplane maintenance were also lacking.
It started yesterday when we found out our flight from Brisbane (BNE) to Bali at 10:10 had been cancelled due to aircraft maintenance, after we called the call center to find out that we couldn’t check into our flight. They, then gave us 2 options (1) fly to bali via Sydney, leaving BNE at 8:35 or (2) direct flight from BNE at 17:00, arriving in Bali at 22:00. At this stage, it was acceptable. After we opted to fly via Sydney and made all necesary change of plan, we found out about another cancellation due to aircraft maintenance, after we arrived at domestic airport. Once we complained, they gave excuse that they notified us and we checked it was at 2AM. The best option they gave us was direct flight at 17:00. Because of the inconvenience, we asked a taxi fare coverage to and from airport because we travel with a 3-years old and dinner voucher as we had to cancel a dinner reservation in Bali. They responded by the best thing they could do was to give their customer care a call and lodge a complaint. The ground staff made up excuse that they couldn’t make the call and they did not have the power to give vouchers. They asked us to jump through more hoops after they screwed up. We were frustrated and furious by this stage. With their screw up, they don’t have a system to provide a corrective action to help the customer who had been inconvenienced. There was no responsibility and accountability to rectify the problem. With this experience, the best rating would be negative stars, unfortunately there isn’t such a thing.

Brisbane

• 6 helpful votes

delayed but A O.K!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

no one hates being at an airport and getting the news that the flight has been delayed. The customer service from Virgin Australia crew was great. The air hostesses were even more amazing and i won't hesitate to fly with them again.

Another delay! Virgin must be one of the worst airlines in history.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

Flight delayed - due fog, the Virgin employees say. Yet Qantas is still taking off/landing. Hate lies. Now connection to NZ missed. Will be 12 hrs late! That's it. Too many times. Virgin will never see this family again.

• 6 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Shocking airline stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

Terrible airline 1 star is too much for this company
We tried to check in luggage 40 mins before flight where Cut off was 30 mins before They cut off 45 minutes before flight and said that we would have to buy new tickets
They are dishonest and Unethical
Go to Jetstar they are way better

Perth

• 1 review

2 flight delays out of Broome with little notice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

1 pm flight delayed twice now. I have expensive tickets for Pink tonight and will only land at 7.25pm. Virgin you have got to be kidding me!!!!!

• 4 comments
  • 16 helpful votes
Private message

Tullamarine bag drop a complete shambles

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

Arrived 90 minutes before flight after checking in online. Needed to check my bag. Check-in kiosks were not working. I tried for several minutes before a person in the lengthy bag-drop queue kindly told me they were not working. I joined the bag drop queue, advised Virgin staff member near queue entrance of the problem and they told me that they already knew. I then watched fellow passengers attempt to use the kiosks for the next 20 minutes as Virgin did not stick “out of order” signs on the machines nor did they have a staff member guide people directly to the bag drop queue. The queue was horrendous and never got shorter. It took me over a hour to reach the front. People were very concerned they would miss their flights. There was no consistent system to pull passengers from the queue if their flights were closing, nor were people told what to do if it WAStheir flight that was closing. One check-in counter had been set aside for this, but it was not labelled “flight closing” and affected passengers were reliant on shouted advice from those passengers in the queue who could see what was happening to direct them to this counter. Sometimes closing flights were announced over a garbled speaker system, other times a staff member walked along the back of the bag drop queue shouting the flight number - neither was audible to anyone in the middle of the snaking queue as we were surrounded by hundreds of anxiously chatting adults and bored and crying children. Adding to the chaos, ther is no electronic flight advice board or similar visable from the bag drop queue. These would be useful to post closing flights, cancelled flights, instructions to queue locked passengers etc. A couple with young kids immediately ahead of me had been in the queue for 50 minutes. The Dad left the queue to check whether their flight was the one closing and returned livid. Their flight had been cancelled, some time ago apparently, so now they needed to make their way to join the horrendous queue at the Service Desk to get booked on another flight. As I approached the front of the queue, I watched 2 staff members leave for their break, leaving 2 counters open. And then one of those staff members left her station to have a lengthy chatty reunion with a passenger who’d just checked in at the Business Class desk. I was surprised she did not melt from the heat of 400 angry eyes boring into her! The flight was uneventful and fine, but the check in process was a complete shambles. There are obvious and inexpensive ways to improve the situation, so why hasn’t Virgin taken them? Put an electronic information screen above the counters, and use it. Stick hand made paper signs up. Anything! PLEASE!

Go with something cheaper

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

Flight delays 5 hours, only notified 7 hours before the flight, call desk employee tries to push frequent flyer on someone they just screwed over and are noticeably annoyed when you say no, awful service.

Verified Customer

Delay and checking time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

On time to checkin only to wait 1 hour to checkin and on top of that flight got delay another 3 hours no explanation no apology no nothing it was like nothing ever happens. Would never fly this crap air line again. Oh wait on the other hand if you were 5 min late the staff would make you purchase another ticket if you still proceed to travel. This air line is disgusting no customer service and definitely no communication with customer, I’m very certain everyone experiences the scrappy rubbish service this air line have provide.

Poor flight and checkin management.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

I fly for business between Sydney and Melbourne monday Friday each week. 75% of time always delayed. Today 6pm flight changed to 7:30pm then changed to 10pm then canceled. No refund. Checkin area a disaster area. No anouncment on what to do if flight canceled. People waiting around checkin with no answers. Thank God qantas is next door. I rate virgin right next to tiger...

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Crap services. Have just payed for an "upgrade" and the new plan has "no crew" so they can fly.

What morons - incompetent and inept.

None of your business

Delays

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

Delayed an hour leaving Melbourne, then next flight delayed one hour from Adelaide.( not a continous flight). Excuses offered ofcateribg truck delay and operational issues. Poor planning seems more likely

• 1 question
Private message

Would not fly them by choice

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

VA cancels my flight without warning - decides to reschedule me on another flight leaving 45 minutes later
Now that second flight is delayed by 70 mins
Basically a 2 hour delay for what reason? - they haven’t told me.
Might just make it into Sydney tonight before the curfew - or might have to sleep in the airport in MEL

Update - VA claims it’s weather related which sounds odd as that’s. it the reason for cancelling my first flight and the only ‘weather’ was rain in Sydney.
So now it feels VA is being less than truthful

• 1 review
Private message

Lose anything on Virgin and its lost forever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

I was a frequent flyer on Virgin, and once made the mistake of leaving a pair of expensive headphones in my seat pocket. I realised within ten minutes, but when I tried to call to let them know from the taxi Virgin's phone queues ensured endless waiting followed by an eventual 'sorry, nothing can be done, we can't call ground staff, you'll have to call lost property'. Which I then did. No one ever picks up the phone there. So I went in person when back at Melbourne airport a few days later. They did find a pair of headphones on the system that may have been mine, but said they were in Brisbane so I'd have to go there to get them. I suggested that given Virgin run an airline maybe they could put them on one of their planes? Did being a Platinum flyer with them make any difference? No - it doesn't. But they did give me a reference number for the item. But do lost property in Brisbane ever answer their phone - No. They ignore every call. So I left a message with the reference number and a request to call me back so I could confirm they were indeed my headphone, and perhaps a friend passing through could collect them? No response. I left a few more messages over the following week. Not once did anyone at Virgin bother to call back. Perhaps Virgin staff run a little ebay store selling passengers lost property? In any event, a disgusting lack of customer service. Subsequent calls complaining about this were also ignored. I fly Qantas much more often now. David

• 11 helpful votes

Rude disgusting ground staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

2 male ground staff crew laughing at an elderly unwell passenger going through check out at Sydney airport, absolutely disgusting please don't ever use this airline.

Overpriced, short changed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

After queueing at check-in for 45 minutes, the 2 staffed check in crew decided to break. Not great form for a premium charge airline during peak hour travel. When a check in staff does attend, the service is rushed, and no change of seat allocation was permitted even though I was 180 minutes early for a domestic flight. On top of the poor service, the planes are old and cramped, overall uncomfortable. Sayonara Virigin!

Attitude staff

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Just started my holiday to Sydney from Adelaide. The virgin staff in airport had no smile or greetings. It seems they forgot how to smile to customers or say please. Feel sorry for them, if they don’t like their jobs, just don’t do it. Don’t put such bad attitude in the job.

• 2 questions
  • 5 helpful votes

Offline all the time.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

I hate the word hate by I hate virgin.Group booking through.work is horrible experience.
Always off line. I phoned virgin and she couldn't. confirm I was in that seat.i don't get it.
So hate virgin doing online stuff with them.
Everything else is good.Except for sugslar and carb meals

Ripoff fares

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

We had our flights cancelled by Jetstar. Since there was no other flights of Jetstar that day and we had to be back in Brisbane that day. We were in Sydney. It was the 18/3/18. So we had to buy virgin tickets to get back to Brisbane due to work commitments. We paid $762. One way to Brisbane. Normal fare of virgin that day was $155, but I believe that they knew that theirs was the only flight to Brisbane that night of 18/3/18 ,they jacked the price up to the ridiculous amount of $762. It was like putting gun to your head, I had no choice. I later questioned them when Jetstar refused to refund, they said that was the fare that day, and there was nothing they can do and there will be no refund. I think that is appalling and ridiculous. This is a clear breach of fare rules and a total ripoff. I wish someone would call and discuss and send me a refund.

1 of 35 pages

I was on VA176 from fiji to brisbane on 17th march 2018. The flight was delayed, The captain announced a person called "sidney" would be taking off and landing the plane today. I became concerned as i choose good airlines so experinced captains are flying and keeping my family safe. No information was provided as to whom this person was or what their qualifiaction was. Within minutes we were accelerating down the run way. Why is the captain not in full control of the aircraft? I should be informerd prior to boarding and not minutes before take off. Who is this sidney person and why were we not informed about there qualifications. During flight there was constant changes in speed . Was there training taking place during this flight?

Adiewan asked on Mar 18, 2018

I would have wanted to pay extra for an upgrade on my Perth to Darwin flight but even if I wanted to I could not afford it,I thought it might be within reach in the bidding,can I ask why so expensive my bid would have been too weak to even had a chance?thankyou Linda Byrne

Linda asked on Aug 22, 2016

Answer this

Because they are a greedy and inept airline.

Has anyone been charged a tax labelled "city (fisco) tax Nicaragua?" I booked flights between Sydney and Rarotonga and virgin customer service apparently has no idea what it is.

Karin asked on Feb 22, 2016

Answer this

We recently flew to the USA and there were a multitude of taxes shown on our tickets.
The thing to remember is, its the final price that counts.
It wouldn't concern me in the slightest if the ticket showed $1499.98 "hooray for holidays USA tax" and $0.02 return flights to the USA.
As long as I only pay $1500 as quoted, why worry about it.
Cheers

Bob the Blender...... you really are easily pleased, wish I could have such a simple life as yours!!!

See all 7 questions about Virgin Australia