Richard Branson would be ashamed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2018

Nice marketing and initial ease of applying online. No App, or Iphone friendly login screen makes this feel so Shonky. Was continually called over some initial approval forms despite giving a timeframe where I’d respond by, it felt a bit desperate.

• 2 helpful votes

Bizarre application

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

I had to call ten times to check on the status of my CC application, I was never contacted. Three times I was asked to provide more info during these calls and the application went through before I had supplied the info. During this time I was told my wage had been submitted as $4000 per year. When I called the help line to check what other errors had been made, no apology or explanation was offered just a set script was repeated. After all this I received a letter stating they could not match me with the credit check. So know I'm left wondering if my application was against someone else.

• 1 comment

Never to opt for this

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

I am writing this review based on Virgin money income protection plan that was sold me. I understand this thread is not related to this program but more for the Virgin money card. Could not find a proper group hence mentioning it here. We as customers are just being tricked to fall into this loop and when we go for cancellation they have 101 reasons to provide. I have cancelled my service and Virgin money have nicely taken money from my account. Nice way to run a business.

Horrible communication

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

I was moving house and starting a new job which is why I needed to use the credit card. Virgin froze my online banking because they wanted me to phone them consequently I could not log into the online banking and lost the 0% interest rate, essentially because they did not E-mail me. Then I move abroad and had more difficulty paying the card off from an overseas bank account. I now have an Amex credit card which is much easier to use.

DO NOT get a Virgin credit card

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I cannot warn anybody strongly enough to NOT get a Virgin credit card. The acquisition of the card was easy. The use of the card - also easy. Nil complaints there. It is when attempting to close the account (and I use the word ‘attempting’ because my dilemma is still not over) that some very questionable and highly frustrating business practices come into play. I was a satisfied client of Virgin Money for many years. When I decided to streamline my banking and cancel one of my credit cards, I found it impossible to do. The Virgin call centre staff obviously follow a policy of trying every way possible to not only dissuade you from closing your account, but flat out NOT closing your account. I have made several increasingly frustrating attempts now. They are constantly adding fees and interest to the zero balance I had when closing the account. They attempt to confuse with statements such as “I have to get my supervisor’s approval but they’re at lunch” , “can I call you back sir?, we’re having technical difficulties” ... they don’t call you back. “Yes sir, the account is now at zero balance and closed. We’ll send the confirmation by mail”.... NEVER HAPPENS. Save yourself a lot of frustration and do not apply for one of these cards. You will regret it.

Brisbane

Private message

Customer service all time low

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

If I could give Virgin Money zero stars for customer service I would.
I was completely messed around on endless occassions when originally applying for the credit card. Then when the cards finally did arrive (after 2 wks and multiple calls) I then activated the cards over the phone as directed, speaking to a real person, only to find out an hr later when attempting to use the card that it was declined. I was then told by a Virgin Money that they realised my orig cards had a fault and they actually activated diff replacement cards when I called, and those had been posted to us a few days ago. So now they had to place a hold on the newer cards which were in the post and I need to call again to re-activate them once they arrive, whenever that will be.
As I had no confidence that they will even be correct when they arrive, I decided to apply with a real bank and the cards were approved by text within 24hrs and will arrive in a few days.

Brisbane

Private message

Unsecure, reactive and slow in handling fraudulent transactions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

After I had to identify $22,000 worth of fraudulent activity on the Virgin Money credit card. After 3+ months Virgin Money is yet to resolve this. This company is not proactive in its communication, does not have adequate systems in place to resolve or identify fraud quickly and does not value its long-term customers.

Adelaide

• 5 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Lame - go elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

Too much messing around on the application. Other companies are far more streamlined on application. I gave up in the end.

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

crooks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2018

Never sign up with Virgin Credit Card or anything else for that matter.
They suck you in ,it is impossible to negotiate with them.
Wont say to much more for defamation issues, but you have been warned

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Read the fine print before signing up, Clunky and confusing,

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

I have the card for a total of 40 days and have been charged interest 3 times even though I have 0 balanced the card twice within the 40 day period, this is one of their clauses,
If you do not pay your account in full by the due date and you carry a balance on your credit card from month to month the 44 days interest free period does not apply. If you then make a purchase you are charged interest. You will then need to pay your balance off in full for 2 consecutive months for the maximum 44 days interest free period to take effect. No interest free period is available on Cash Advances or Balance Transfers.

Clunky to use as they utilise CitiBank. Confusing, I had a 50K limit, and states Unpaid Balance: AUD 808.43 Available Credit Amount: AUD 49,053.93, add the 2 figures together and it does not add up to $50K. Purchases are not done in real time as with the likes of NAB, will return to NAB as my main card for purchases, a lot easier to manage and understand.
Lesson Learnt, don't let the bonus point rewards sign up deals lure you to another provider if your current provider does the job!!!

Absolute Joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Unfortunately, my experience with Virgin has been anything but impressive. I signed on purely for a reward point offer they had early June 2017, only to find out recently that they put a different offer on my card. They are now stating they have no recollection of the previous offer, and that the calls they made to me to acquire the final bits of information where they stated exactly what offer I was receiving (or apparently not) didn't exist, and were not recorded, despite all calls being recorded.
Would not recommend.

Private message

Third world country service --- so far

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

Applied 6 days ago...had to call them to provide details that their application did not ask.... it reminded me of my third world country heritage..where you have to call or visit the office to make your file/application move from one office/stage to the next. Called them to give info...called them to remind to do verification...called them to forward to assessing team.. I think i will call them tomorrow to open the file...
In past I applied for 7 credit cards ...all approved...upto $30 limits for some. Closed the cards and got the new once to avail interest free offers. This time i gambled on Virgin despite reading the reviews bcoz no other card is offering 12 months on purchases.... stressed out ...

adelaide

Please stay away-very unprofessional

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Please stay away, the most unprofessional bank institution I have ever dealt with. I very badly felt regretting that I have dealt with Virgin Money card, after 8 business days without response I have not even been updated and I gave them a call the consultant could not even update me professionally. i have sent hard copy of my documents which I am worried about and the lady could not even confirm if they have received it. Same balance transfer fee deals available at all the banks so the most terrible experience please stay away from it.

Melbourne

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

You would think Virgin would want a $12,000 cheque? Wrong address info provided 5 times - 1 cheque already lost and customer service not prepared to email me a correct address to send a bank cheque to. I am still waiting for a manager at an Australian office to return my call 5 days after I was told this would happen, and in the meantime Virgin have told me I will accrue late payment fees! I will close this account and warn anyone in Australia not to use Virgin Money.

HORRIBLE application process

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

I applied for a Virgin Money Credit Card on 23/03/2017. On that day I uploaded more than 100 pts of ID to your database.

A few days later someone called me on my work number to confirm I worked at the company I said I did. I asked the person if they could call my mobile for any further contact as I would appreciate my work line not being called in the future. A few days later I received another call on my work line again.. telling me that my application was being processed.

A few weeks went by with no contact, and I was unable to sign into my account online (it has given me an error since the day I first applied). So I called the help line and they let me know that my application was missing something… no one thought to call or email me during this time to let me know that I was missing something? I put in a complaint that I have not been able to check my status online, and the girl let me know she would look into it for me as this issue has been happening to a few people. I then sent the documents that were needed.

Another week or so went by without any contact, and your online portal did not work for me. So I call again, and was told that I was required to have an ID verification done and that I had been sent a letter with the request. (Again because I cannot access my status online I had no idea where my application was at). Another couple of days went by and I received the letter.

I’ve taken the Identity Verification Request form to the post office today, and they refuse to confirm my ID because the letter you sent me does not have my middle name on it.

I’ve then called your 13 37 39 number and explained the situation to a girl, who had no idea what I meant but pretended that she did. She passed the call onto a colleague who then asked me, “hello, so I am aware you are waiting to receive a letter from us?” I then had to explain again the reason for my call (which took a few times for this person to get their head around). They then tell me that I need to send them certified documents. In which I say, I did back in March when I first applied for this credit card.

What do you know, he looks in the database and finds my certified uploaded documents! He tells me, "oh I have your passport here, you don’t need to get your ID’s verified, all I need is a certified copy of your address".

I then tell him that, that would not be a problem, however, the letter I received from Virgin Money told me that my application expires 11/05/2017. I asked if he is able to extend my application time so that it does not expire. He then does not understand what I am asking – and I have to continue to try to explain. I am still not sure if my application with be put on hold.

I am so frustrated that it has been 7 weeks, and I still do not have a credit card. I have applied and received 2 credit cards in the past, and have NEVER had an experience like this one.

The staff are lovely and try to be helpful, however, they do not seem to listen to questions or requests. I am annoyed that I was never contacted during my application to say that I needed more documents. I am annoyed that your online system does not work and I have complained about it on every phone call and it has been acknowledged – but still is not fixed. I am annoyed that I was rejected for an ID check, because my identity verification form does not have my middle name on it. I am annoyed that I have to explain things 3 times to the person I am speaking to, and then they pass me onto another person who I then have to explain another 3 times and I don’t feel comfortable with my application process after getting off the phone.

Where I am at now, is that I need to get my address certified and send it back to you. As I am unable to access your online portal, I have to email it to an unsecure inbox.

To be honest, I am at the stage where I’d rather just go to another credit card company. This has been a horrible application process and I have no desire to spend money using a Virgin Money credit card.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

No problems

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I've had this card for over 12 months and had no issues, I thought the application process was clunky and intrusive and I did get approved, to date so far no issues. I do like having a no fee card and I pay in full before the due date so I don't get stung with any interest.

WHYALLA NORRIE

Application process a joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

Had a terrible time applying for this card. The application process doesn't ask enough questions in my opinion.
Had an application open for 20+ days. Had had one phone call wanting to verify details which was fine (I think that was within first 2 weeks of applying if I remember correctly.)
Then after 22 days had passed and my application said under review on the online status checker, I decided to ring them and ask to cancel my application. When I did ring them the lady I spoke to advised me that my application had been rejected and she did not give me a reason.
I asked if I would receive any information about this and was told I should receive a letter. (I still have not received this letter or any explanation as to why it may have been rejected.
Without divulging too much personal history, I will just say that I have had no defaults or bankruptcies etc and was given no explanation why this was being rejected.
It has now been at least 2 months since my application and I have received no further information.
Wasn't very impressed at all.

Application process unreliable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

2 weeks of waiting and my application still isn't processed!!!

I've had to follow up credit card application 10+ times in 2 weeks, verification team were not proactive.
I was told I would have confirmation of my application in 2-3 days, every day for a week.
They had misheard a verification phone number I had told them, knew it was not the right person but kept calling the incorrect number without asking or confirming the details with me.
Then after calling the correct number, they needed to verify all of those details again over a landline - which I had to call up to find out.
Once I gave the company's landline number, and instructions to ask for "a specific" room within the company they advised they would call - while I was on my mobile to them - and never did.

After my application was sent through for final confirmation I was given inconsistent time frames of when my application would be processed.

When there were questions the application team did not know they transferred me through to the customer care team and failed to do so, twice.

I externally called up the customer care team, got my answer and was transferred back, waiting on hold for 20 minutes.
So I called up the application team externally and they took my external call in 4 minutes, which I had been waiting to be connected through to them for the last 25 minutes (in total) on the other internal line.

I have finally been told a timeframe, how long?
2-3 days.
I still have the same answer as to how long this application that has been in the final stage of processing for 7 days now.

Once it has been approved I can't use my card until it is posted to me.

2 weeks of waiting, and my application still isn't processed.

Sydney

Don't waste time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

Applied for the credit card and fullfilled all the requirements and at last neither they inform us about our application and when we call and ask for our application they say its declined... I asked the reason behind they have NO ANSWER for that.. I wasted my time..

Highfields

• 2 comments
  • 10 answers
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Incompetent and total waste of time.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2016

Don't waste your time with these guys, as dumb as, can't understand second incomes, incomes from investment properties, ask for documents forever for a lousy credit card for a few grand, big deal! Doesn't help with Indian sounding operators with very little english skills. Gave up after wasting hours back and forth.
God help you if you have a real problem with them.
WARNING, STAY AWAY