Rudest customer service I've ever experienced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

Can't believe the customer care operator actually asked me to "hurry up" while I was trying to find a pin number id created 5 years! This is appalling customer service

No network coverage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

Unreliable network coverage and terrible customer service. I am paying for a service which they are not providing. Do not sign up with Vodafone.

• 11 helpful votes

Bill

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

I am a postpaid customer of this worst network who charges their customers 25$ late fee for the upcoming month even if bill is paid on time for that month.
Customer service is hopeless.
Even the network coverage is not good.
Main thing is the devices won't work properly at all they will give faulty devices for customers and bluff them by making them pay the highest monthly rate for nothing.
And if by any reason we can't pay the bill they will restrict the services within very short time and we will pay more than usual amount for nothing (no services).
Not at all satisfied and happy by vodafone for all the services.
1.Device
2.Plan
3.Customer service
Worst of worst

RIPPING OFF ME WITH LATE PAYMENT FEES FOR MONTHS!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

just noted they had been ripping off $15 each for my 2 mobile for months as late payment fees and has been happening for months.better check the bills carefully before paying. this is total ripoff phone company. Time to look for a better customer oriented service provider

• 1 review

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Really disappointed with the customer service. I placed an order for iPhone X and tracking shows Vodafone missed the delivery hence the phone was returned back to sender by the courier. I called Vodafone support 3x and went to the store, but all they could give is promises. I have the printed transcripts of the conversation to prove it. Tracking shows my phone is in Vodafone depot, but no delivery date committed. This is the worse customer telco service I have ever encountered. Congratulations Vodafone!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

I can't use my phone for 7 months. Vodafone call centre is hopeless.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I move my home to Gosford downtown area near the train station but I cannot use my phone for 7 months now under 2 years contract. The call centre is hopeless since I called them so many times but nothing solved. Waste of time to ring them, waste money, waste of my opportunity in business contact. I don't know why this business can still operate in Australia legally since they got a heap of customers who pay for the service but cannot use the phone.

The worst thing is when I use other SIM card from other networks even a NO NAME one they all work properly with my smartphone but not with the Vodafone SIM.

I have been Vodafone's customer for 8 years but I will 100% switch to Telstra when I finish up this contract in 4 months.

Very very very poor network. I hate hate hate Vodafone.

Worst

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Left behind in international calls, entertainments, sports and everything. I would say the new customers will regret if choosing vodafone

Completely rude ‘customer service’

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

I recently contacted Vodafone regarding a complaint. I received a response from a customer service representative who advised they wouldn’t look into the problem and if I was having trouble paying my bill as a single parent, I could contact the Debt Management Team.

Completely judged that because I was single, I would need Debt assistance. After asking for her manager to contact me, the Team Leader did. He was just as insulting and did not care at all about the issue. Apparently he does not report to anybody else so I now need to take my complaint through a 3rd Party.

I will be cancelling my Vodafone account and taking my business else where.

Verified Customer

Exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

Although it look about 2 weeks to get my iPhone X , I’m so happy with their customer service particularly from Neha. Kept me updated on my new phone. I’v been going to Forest Hill Vodafone for last 2 years and this is the first time I experienced a great service.

Sydney

• 5 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Where's my phone!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

I bought a new phone Samsung Galaxy S8 through Vodafone website and three weeks later I still haven' t received my phone. Vodafone and Startrack have been beating around the bush and I have no phone. Despite all Vodafone sent me an email and said that my plan had started on the 3rd November and I still haven't got the phone!!!
Customer service from Vodafone wouldn't let me cancel my purchase!!!

Melbourne

Very bad network

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Very poor connection network, most of times no proper signal. I always lose contaction when I am on the phone and completely my call gets lost. Somehow I don't get voicemails when I'm on the line. People calls and I don't get missed calls. I am on postpaid plan. I'm not satisfied with this network. I called Vodafone but they kept saying they will fix it, but always the same. I do don't remember this provider.

Awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Vodafone is a terrible provider and will never use them again.

Short story

I had a new job in the pilbara region i called them to ask if they provided service up there.
They said they did not provide service but i needed to be up there working for them to see the phone did not provide service. (i was going away for 2 weeks) i needed a phone to contact home.
At this point i was frustrated they could not provide a service and they admitted they couldn't but wanted me to be without service for 2 weeks just so i could be out of an early contract.

Couple of days later i called back and spoke to someone else they said i dint have to pay a cent out of my contract and they could forward me onto telstra seen as they couldn't provide the service.

I switched to telstra and 2 weeks letter i got a letter saying i needed to pay 400 for an early service leave.
I said i was not paying this as i was advised i did not need to pay a cent.
I was then given a letter saying i needed to pay otherwise they could summed me to court,

Vodafone your an absolute joke and lies after lies !!! get better staff who know what they are doing and done waste peoples time and MONEY!

Vodafone X Marks the spot eXcept when it does not

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

Just a short story stock short fall for the hard to get iPhone X.

I arrived early at 6am at Vodafone George street store Sydney to rolled the dice on a chance of perhaps getting an iPhone X on Friday. Low change of any stock But worth a try. Only 3rd in line and enjoyed chatting to people already there.

Staff where already in store. They were in huddle out back preparing for busy day of sales? Its all very exciting. There was photograph team and staff were placing donuts on the wall. So lots of activity in store and they come out and asked to move back. The balloons were inflated and the red carpet was rolled out. The store line was about about 30 people! Took ages to prepare the carpet and set up the store front and all the time the line grew!

At 7:55 staff member can out all nice and friendly and asked if we wanted a coffee. They then said only 3 in the store at a time. So the first 3 went in (me being 3rd). Once I sat down it was suggested that I use the website to pre-order with a staff member as there was no stock in store.

After all the fan fare, decorations and red carpet it seemed like waste of their time and mine. This is something they could told us as we turned up? And why limit people coming in to the store. Was this just to capture people and avoid a riot. Guess it was just to capture the hype?

After being customer for many years I was just disappointed with communication provided in the day. Not really a way to treat customers when they could have just told us!

Not good. Don't recommend it.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2017

Very unreliable. Doesn't work in most places. My plan is almost a rip-off as it almost never works. Usually when I use it it will stop working randomly and I am out in the open with no interference whatsoever.

Extremely poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

Extremely shocking services, even the people who work on facebook don't keep their promise. I hope the shareholders hear the problems on facebook. I think the ombudsman is the best way to get answers
If you have a business DON'T go with Vodafone as the customer service is shocking and you will spend hours and multiple calls to get things done.

Good quality service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

I’m happy I signed up with Vodafone they give a fair deal with data and mobile plan it’s a great service my phone is good I enjoy using it and it easy to use and has good features I’m very pleased with it, it was worth my money purchasing thins phone

Always get an issue resolved

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

I have a post paid account & have always experienced excellent coverage in NSW & VIC. I really appreciate emails telling me I am close to exceeding my data limit & any time I have had a handset issue it has been resolved efficiently & in a very reasonable time. And yes, it is an overseas call centre but wherever they are their English is very good.

Pink, Ohio

• 1 question
  • 7 answers

Bad customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

Everytime i ring Vodafone I cant understand a word there saying at all and im always say "pardin pardon i cant understand you
And when ive had someone that speaks a bit clearer well they just talked right over me and asking me the same question 4 or 5 times!! My plan is up soon n im dreading to call them

Melbourne

• 1 review

Terrible Terrible Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

On 27th Oct, I went in Store to pre-order the Iphone X. the Sales promised me to get the phone by the end of Nov, as I told him I would fly overseas at 24th Nov for three months. Sales also promised that if I could not receive the item by time, I could cancel the order anytime.

On 2nd Nov, I got an sms from Voda saying my order estimation delivery is 18/12/2017. I rang the 1555 and waited for 30 min to be transferred to the delivery department, only be told that you cannot cancel the order, and they can't guarantee the delivery time due to stock limit.

I don't even get the phone and I did not sign the contract! The sale said he would order for me. Just it. And now I am suck in the 3 year contract and only can get phone 4 months later if the courier not returned it back.

Verified Customer

Would rate a Zero if it was an option

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

Bought a phone that stopped working 16 days later. (Would not boot up, and would not turn off again.)
Vodafone refuse to refund it, or replace it on the spot.
Instead they will send it away for repair/replacement, a process which will take 2 weeks.

Instead I requested a full refund once received, assessed and found faulty. Again refused a refund.

Pointed out this contravened Australian Consumer Law, in that a consumer is entitled to a full refund if product is found to have a major fault.

Phone not booting up or turning off is funnily enough defined as a major fault.
(FYI: Headphone socket not working or volume up button not working is defined a minor fault and is deemed repairable or replaceable)

Have not heard back from Vodafone since I forwarded their response (ie "Refunding the device isn't something we can do") to the TIO.

Avoid purchasing from Vodafone if you actually want consumer rights.

They fully deserve their abysmal 1.6 average score.

1 of 61 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

Answer this

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.