Horrible and very rude customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

Vodafone store at Ashfield mall misleads customers by giving all false promises. My father bought a prepaid new sim card and paid $40 in the store. He was promised that the sim will get activated with in 3 hrs. So we called and were told that it will take another 24 to 48 hrs so we waited patiently again. It didn't work. We went to the store and asked again. We were told that this time it will work 100 percent. And again it didn't work. So we went to the store again and we were told that its going to take a week now as there is some network issue. so when we asked why was it not told to us that this could happen before selling the sim to us, the guy at the store (looked like he is from India) said that's not his responsibility and can do nothing about it. He was so rude and not wanting to help as said he is busy with other customers. Such an irresponsible guy. Vodafone is one of the worst services ever. Males people fool. Will never recommend anyone to use this product.

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

don’t trust them, say one thing do another

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

I’ve recently been charged by Vodafone for $100within 2 days for data usage. It suddenly happened and never happened before! I rang Vodafone and they told me to change settings and I followed, the data still was running. I rang again on 19th April and talked to Minar from Customer care team. Minar has mentioned to me that my plan is old and if I moved to a new plan $40 12mth sim only and he will take care of the charges and I only need to pay $10. But I didn’t say yes to change the plan as I am not farmilar with what I will sign. I triple checked with him if I call back this will work and he said yes and he will leave a note in my account to take care of the charges. I called again in the morning of 23rd April, then the whole team turn around saying there was no such note by Minar and he only mentioned about the plan change not credit of th data charge. I’ve been transfer to an Aus team based in Tas and was advise to have a call back by COB today, no phone call.
I’ve rang again at 6pm, this time the person talks without understanding what I have been offered and saying there’s no such offer.
They have said really good thing about the charge to send me away then turn around saying no offer. They refused to retrieve the recording bevecuae every customer asked for retrieving th recording. I don’t think this is a good way of providing customer service!

Lied to by Vodafone staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Purchased a Vodafone one month travel card for my son. questioned staff several times that the initial payment was a once only payment and Staff guaranteed me this was correct. Having checked my cred card after my overseas trip advised Vodafone taking payments after the month expiry. Tried to cancel the account that they opened and after 4 attempts i had to close my credit card to stop further withdraws.Eventually made contact as they wanted more money after advising the Vodafone customer relations person what had happened she advised she would delete the outstanding amount and ensure this was the end of this claim from Vodafone. Now have threatening letters and dept collectors threats Vodafone has really shown what a threatening and deceptive company they are. i would offer the warning do not sign anything with Vodafone

Adelaide, South Australia

• 1 question

Upgrading Mobile Phones

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Due for a upgrade of my "Mobile Phone", the sales assistants, knowledge of the new models was very good. He provided information on all the new features.
First he asked the type of phone, I was looking for; after showing me the latest models, he provided me time to play with the phones and there was no pressure, to make a decision quickly.
Answered my question about roaming on the phone when travelling to America in July 2018.
Very happy with the service and the new phone.

They are so fraud

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

I signed for 40 GB data at Vodafone store then i only received 30 GB. I called customer care 4 times and wasted so far 60 min on talking to them but not resolved yet. i need to make call again . it is been more than a month.

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Been with Vodafone for more then 10 years.. Never again.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

I have been a loyal Vodafone customer for more than ten years and I recently decided to upgrade my phone to the new Samsung. During the conversation with Vodafone,I felt that the original sales person used pressure sales tactics to get me to commit to to the new plan and change my families sim card plans. We have a total of 4 sim cards.

I agreed to more expensive phone plans with supposedly better inclusions and I noticed on the first bill that I had lost my loyalty discount for each plan. This made no sense to me as I had upgraded the plans so after many calls to Vodafone I decided to go elsewhere.

I called Vodafone to inform them that I would be leaving and to discuss the final bill. Whilst they did attempt to retain my business, they could not match the much better plan that I had found with Virgin. I made enquiries as to what my final bill would be and I was told as I am post paid that and due to their billing system being charged in advance, I would only have to make the remaining phone payments.

With that in mind, I cancelled the plans and have now been slugged with a $450 early exit fee for 3 of the plans. Obviously I am not happy and I have made the decision that I will NEVER return to Vodafone in the future.

Their plans are not competitive, look around and you will be sure to find better plans and value for money elsewhere.

• 1 question
  • 5 helpful votes

Pathetic customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Customer service is very rude and has very bad attitude towards customer on call. The customer service rep on the call was not at all helpful, in fact these guys will irritate you and would try anything to get over with your call. Don't fall into their trap especially with sales guy who try to sell their services, later on you will realise how bad they are in their service and will leave you disgruntled. Do not get into contract plan with this company!

Worst Customer Service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Being a loyal customer with Vodafone for more than 4 years, I was looking for upgrade options. I requested the guy the best deal and options in Vodafone, after a very long hold the guy comes back with a phone and a tablet deal. I told I only need a phone and not a tablet, another long hold and the guy comes back saying I get the plan for $115. I asked if there is any loyalty discount, after another long hold he comes back saying the deal after discount is $112. SERIOUSLY VODAFONE. After wasting 40mins on the call, the guy didn't even have the patience to wait till I finish what I am saying and he hung up on my face. That's good customer service.!

Verified Customer

I'm in tears how could service be so bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Feb 2018 trying to cancel a month to month plan after the passing of a loved one using the plan, 45 minutes later I am left assured the number is cancelled.
March 2018, they have put me on another plan and billed again. called and discussed put on hold, they pushed me to tears. Once again they told me all good number cancelled.
April, yes I get another bill NOTHING is cancelled. I get the fella to read the notes, he does then he puts me hold, can not explain anything and tells me he needs to put me to the cancellation team....... OMG really.
Finally once again I cancel the number. I have no confidence and will not be surprised if I get another bill in May.

thank you Vodafone for making my mourning process even more difficult

Putrid Company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

The Call Centre is unbearable, they Cut you off if the Question to Hard. Can't understand the Lingo, have to pay the Bill 2 weeks early before data is used. or be fined. The bills are incorrect every month so I have to ring every month. Warning if your Bills is inflated so don't pay it and ring them, they do it on purpose hoping people will just pay the wrong amount. There should be an Investigation into Vodafone they are scammers.

Upgrade weekend means no activation or service for anyone.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

I purchased a prepaid SIM card yesterday morning for the 4 days on holiday I have. After not being able to activate the card because I have an international address and no Australian address, they told me I could go to the store the next morning and get it activated. Once at the store, Sunday am at 10am, the activation systems were down for an upgrade. I had to leave to go on a Harbour Cruise and they told me it would be back up in 4 hours. I am now back, 7 hours later and there is still no activation service. I will be on a tour all day tomorrow during store open times and thus it looks like I won’t get service until 2 days from now. That leaves me 1 day to use the terrible service they are providing. Hope they enjoyed taking my money for nothing. If you can’t support your product, then don’t sell it!!

Absolute junk!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

Network coverage in WA is crap, constant drop outs in heavily populated areas, worth paying the extra to be back with telstra!!
The staff with Vodaphone do not help simply pass the buck and tell you there is nothing they can do, for a telecommunications company in 2018 that is an annoying poor excuse!

Verified Customer

Great Telco, reliable service and decent value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

I live in the inner South East of Melbourne, always had reialble service and great speed with data allowance and costs that we're among the more reasonable available. Very happy to recommend to others.

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Great so far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2018

Recently changed from Telstra to Vodafone. Paid off my phone with Telstra and they advised my plan would only reduce by $5.... also went in store to discuss and they advised me to just go online, lost me there! Went to Vodafone, got hooked up with new iPhone 8, and paying $15 cheaper than my old 6 i have already paid off! Service and connection so far amazing have been really happy!! Switch over people!

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Recharge difficult & connection reliability also questionable

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2018

Numerous times I've needed to use the recharge service for internet/ data. It is very inconvenient in the middle of studying online to not have your mobile phone provider offer reliable & consistent recharge services. Always technical issues over the weekend when trying to recharge- to continue not only as as an online student who needs the internet, but as someone trying to get home on public transport & communicate whilst doing so. Too many times now

Brisbane

Private message

Very hit and miss with the customer service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I purchased my iPhone 7plus through Vodafone a couple of months ago. I took it out of its packaging and turned it on only to find it had a permanent line across the screen and ended up malfunctioning. I returned it to Vodafone and was told to go directly to Apple who would replace it for me. I felt that this was not right however was unsure so made the trip to the Apple shop. They told me no, as I suspected it is Vodafone who need to replace this. I returned to the Vodafone shop and told the employee this and she said 'oh yes, we can return it for you'. Needless to say I was extremely annoyed. This experience and the way I was treated was upsetting so I decided to go in to a different store. The staff there were very helpful and explained everything clearly to me. It is this reason I have given them a 2/5. Very hit and miss with the customer service and staff knowledge of procedures.

Vaucluse

Great service always reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

I had the 40 DATA COMBO plan and always comes with EXTRAS. 9 GB extra per month when you recharge online. So 18 GB for 40$ not too bad hey.

All time liar

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2018

This is company every time lire and every time misguided customer's so I request not use Vodafone company's acc to me this fail
Very bad guidence

Worst support ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2018

We called the support and after we got promised a refund we didn't get anything. Then they told us to go to a store to get it fixed. When we got to the store we were given the same number we just called. And they promised us we would get a refund. We called the number again and we couldn't get any refund at all.

1 of 70 pages

What's vodaphone mobile coverage in the country?

Danny G asked on Apr 13, 2018

Answer this

I suppose not that good.

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

Answer this

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

We live in Adelaide by the beach and look st the cell tower.
Have to go outside to stop drop outs.
Had a rate change early feb 2018.
Did not go well.
Got ripped off.
40.00 for 30GB.
Cannot drop vodafone.
All talk and LIP service.

Folks nickname it vodafail with good reason
Calls are terrible and data is even worse
Put it this way - when I was with Vodafone prepaid - I ended up getting peed off and smashing the mobile phone to pieces then switching carriers

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt