Verified Customer

Great reception, easy to use pre-paid mobile contract - love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

I pay $40 every 35 days to get 9GB of data with Vodafone, using the "Recharge Combo Plus".
I love it! The network coverage is great, the app is easy to use, I barely ever have to complain. Significantly better customer service than Telstra who I initially signed up with. Would 100% recommend Vodafone.

What a load of b******s

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Attempted to change my number over to Telstra as no coverage in the area i have secured new job. After spending 15 mins on the phone with telstra and 30 minutes on the phone with vodafone i eventually find out my date of birth was taken down incorrectly when i signed up to vodafone. Told i have to take ID to a store to update. The closest vodafone store to my new location is 205km away. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I have not the time nor money to be dealing with this so have to lose my phone number and makes changes with all friends, bank, insurer and employer. Absolutely ridiculous why should I have to be put out to fix THEIR mistake. The consultant on the phone (who i could hardly understand) hung up on me after 45 minutes going round in circles.
I am APPALLED at the service provided and lack of action/reasonable suggestion to fix their mistake.
Also the coverage is shocking particularly round the south east coast.

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Network guarantee not honoured.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

I tried Vodaphone in August 2018 accepting they had a network guarantee that stated if I wasn’t happy with the network I could leave without charge or penalties.

A week after I left I received an invoice for $326.97 early termination fee.

After more than 3 months fighting and taking the matter to the Telecomunications Industry Ombudsman they have finally “waived” the charge.

The charge that never should have been applied to me.

Vodaphone were extremely difficult to deal with and were very argumentative in trying to get payment.

Even with the TIO involved I still had to prove to them the service guarantee applied to me and that I meet all their conditions.

If you want to try Vodaphone and are not happy with their service make sure you record all your interactions with them and be very clear you are having network service issues.

They tried to use one call I made to them where I said I did not like their customer service as reason for denying their network guarantee.

Only after I pushed back to listen to a call where I said there were network issues did I win my case.

Be very careful of their false guarantee.

I had serious problems with connection inside buildings where I can get connection with Telstra but not Vodaphone.

Also country coverage was poor with Vodaphone for me.

I was in country Victoria after I left Vodaphone with a friend on Vodaphone and he had no service between towns on many occasions.

Our 30 Day Network Satisfaction Guarantee.
We’re so confident in our network coverage, we guarantee it. If you’re a new customer signing up to a plan and not satisfied with our network coverage within the first 30 days, you can leave us.We’ll even refund any monthly plan fees or device instalments that you’ve paid - just return your device in its original packaging within 10 days of your claim. You’ll only have to pay for usage charges or charges for services not included in your plan, which were incurred up to when your cancellation is finalised. Only up to 9 connections for Business customers. See below for T&C.

If you’d like to take us up on our Network Satisfaction Guarantee, contact our team by calling 1300 551 198 or head in store.

On 6 Dec 2018, at 1:10 pm, Vodafone Resolutions Team <resolutions.team@vodafone.com.au>

How screwed up Vodafone is they called himself Vodafone Australia it's impossible talked in Australi

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Vodafone lost all it's credibility taking there service agents overseas and not be able to talk to an Australian about your problem

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Cheap for a reason

Poor coverage.
Phone calls drop out
Tech support cannot speak English or have indecipherable accents

Absolutely disgusting.

Shaking my head.

Ashfield

• 12 helpful votes

Buggy as hell network that loses 4g constantly

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

it was great for 1st month (I was getting like 150mb/s download at home). Their network is rubbish though. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone - in fact I spend a fair amount of time talking people out of Vodafone. Coverage even in Sydney CBD is extremely inconsistent and I simply cannot get ANY 4g on my train ride home. Lucky I'm on pre paid as I'd just hate to be locked into this rubbish. Going back to Boost with their Telstra newtork - it was waaaaaay more consistent (plus they have 2/3 times data for same price as Voda now). Screw you Vodafone.

Customer service people not trust worthy. Very disappointed. Spoke to manager to resolve issue but c

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

No, there is not. Big problem of network. Various times take long to open a page. Specially in the evening and night time.

Cheating and stealing money from old people

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Worst service ever after waiting 1 hour the phone hangs up you have to call back again to tell them my phone was stolen to the police station got the event number I've done everything they've asked for me.
I have no coverage no reception at work we have to use a CB radio or Telstra phone line unfortunately West Wyalong is not safe with Vodafone..
And to get out of the contract I have to pay for the phone that was stolen and they want me to pay $300 for axis I don't understand why because I don't have a phone for me to get out of a contract I have to pay for the other phone $900 so what is the $15 every month for insurance what does that cover please someone explain to me how do these people get away from this

Mobile internet lost

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

I have lost my mobile internet access for last 24 hours, no satisfactory reply from Vodafone technical team yet,
every time I call getting different reasons regarding my internet issue from of course different people. Visited Vodafone store, didn't work too.
Spoke to them at least 5 times and got 5 different answers from five different people.
Frustrating.

Not worth risking

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Thanks ‘Shine Thomas’ for your recent 1 star review. My wife is literally buying a new iPhone Max today. I’m interstate for work and given she is a stay at home mum (works harder than me god love her), she is hooked up to the wifi most of the time and Nowra in NSW has good Vodafone coverage. I need Telstra for my job (remote) so when I’m home which is most of the time we have my telstra phone if we travel anywhere. The last few days we have really considered Vodafone given their great plan rates but after reading Shine Thomas’ comment and others we’re not going to take the risk. When a manager offers their customers the ombudsman phone number that screams run to me - disgraceful really. We know without a doubt Optus is great in the Nowra area so she is going with Optus. We’ll check back in a few years when we’re upgrading again to see if the customer service has improved any.

Sydney

Vodafail

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Unreliable vodafail, experienced a major network outage australia wide yesterday for 2 hours. They have sent me no apology for the inconvenience.

Awful customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

I’ve been trying to charge my phone for a week with no sucess it’s ridiculous they get my money from my bank account and take 3/4 days to give it back and I can’t have internet.

Sefton

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Great value mobile plan (RedGlobal Sim only)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I use my phone for business and private and love the free calls overseas, no excuses to phone my old relos overseas anymore. My internet speed through my phone 'internet sharing' is way faster than my Internet service provider (Belong) In fact it is so fast Windows 10 decided to once dump my entire hard drive to the cloud through my phone data, luckily I got warned by Vodaphone and so my bill is very consistent. Never had any bill shock, first time ever in over 15 years.

Melbourne

• 1 question

Helpful sales assistance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

The girl who served me was polite without being overly friendly. She explained the plan options very well and I was happy to pay my Samsung Galaxy s9 over 36 months and had flexible payment options. Since my needs were met, I was very satisfied with customer service.

Inconsistency in treating customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I recently ported vodafone number to new provider where I moved to new provider on the first day of billing cycle, whereas my friend moved to new provider 2 days after billing cycle. We are both on month to month without contract. My friend called vodafone to sort out the bill, they gave 100% waived for the entire month which mean she don't need to pay anything, however, I only received 50% waived and need to pay half the bill $25. This is unacceptable and unjust treatment, they refuse to give me full waived. There is inconsistency in response to customer. I'm not sure there is something I can do for justice.

Sydney

Vodafone Customer Care is Helpless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

We ordered two phones through Vodafone customer care and it went well at the early stage while ordering the product, but for some reason one of our phone havent got delivered, the vodafone couldnt track it and they were delaying it and were not able to give the correct info for the delay, they confirmed with us that they are going to reorder it and we called 4 times to check the status and tracking number but they were no able to give us the info and they were providing different information during each time.

I am writing this review to let the people know about the attitude of the vodafone customer care. They talk nicely and hear everything and they say that they are going to process it but they wont resolve the issue and you wont get any info regarding your concern, so you have to call them again to check the status, then you have to start again and this time also the will say they will process it and nothing happens, the only text you get is the feedback thing..!! They dont care about any complaints the manager himself advised me that he will give the reference number to lodge a complaint to telecommunication ombudsman which was a bit rude. I am helpless now, think twice guys while choosing them, each time when you call the customer care is a pain.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Losing 4g always

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Vodafone never wake up and upgrade them network still very bad as 8 years ago . They just greedy thinking how to make money with bas service

Private message

MyVodafone registration online not working- processes are SOOO frustrating! NOT WO

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I have been trying to register for MyVodafone online to activate my Roaming- it returns a blank page, the webpage is not working. Then I tried to call their helpline but cannot remember the pin number I got the day I joined Vodafone. Now I am sitting with no way of activating my roaming which leaves me no choice but to switch carriers. If I knew how painfully incompetent they were I wouldn't have gone there in the first place.

PRE PAID SIM CARD

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Very disappointing experience. Went to the Hobart city store to buy a prepaid sim card but out of stock. Was directed to order it online so I did. Confirmation email said the card will be delivered to my home in 2 business day, and I got the confirmation from TOLL DELIVERY on the next day saying they are delivering on the next day and ask for my permission to leave it here if no one's home. I replied right ahead and looked forward to my card on the next day. However, I only got a "Sorry I missed you" card in my letter box, I followed instruction to rearrange delivery online but the online instruction asked me to call TOLL instead. I called and they promised my sim card would be send to my nearest depot (a BP station) on the next day at 2pm. I head to BP after work finding it not there and called TOLL again. The customer service centre said THEY DON'T EVENT KNOW WHERE MY PARCEL IS and would start investigation! Oh God, I am waiting for a SIM CARD that I need for everyday uses!!! I called Vodafone wanting to cancel the purchase and get a refund so that I can just go for another company. Vodafone said it is not their fault and I can't get a refund until the parcel is sent back to them, and that would take at least 10 days.
This is ridiculous! What if they never found my parcel? What if they claim it is collected (as TOLL now claim that they have a record that my parcel had arrived the BP already).
I understand that it is majorly the delivery company. But Vodafone seems don't understand how urgent the customers need a phone card and it is actually them to appoint that delivery company. It is so irritating to keep hearing "this is not our fault" and "this is not about our services". They seems to forgot that the promise to deliver the card to customer within 1-2 business day was made by them. This is very disappointing and irresponsible.

Sunbury, Victoria

Verified Customer

Good, easy mobile service.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Been with vodafone for almost 12 months (this time). Previously I had many issues with reception with vodafone some years ago, vodafone allowed me to break my contract and they couldn't provide a good servica back ten.. Since that time Vodafone has clearly invested money in improving mobile coverage and now their service is excellent.

They are easy to deal with and provide good value for money. There store fronts provide excellent customer service. It's clearl now that Vodafone are much more focused on ensuring they provide a high quality service.

1 of 82 pages