Gold Coast

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Crappy customer service.
Retail staff provided wrong information so that I bought the products.
Called customer service afterwards and was told to go back to the shop instead. They said they couldn’t help. What a joke!
Wish I could give zero star.
Stay away at all costs!!!!

Very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

So frustrated with Vodafone! I have been with these guys for 10 years, trouble free until recently. At the moment I’m absolutely disgusted!

Bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

The worst ever phone company. Went to Fiji and got ripped off by Vodafone. Advice don't use Vodafone. We were going to Fiji and thought that we would change to vodafone as it looked cheaper. I bought a sim registered it and called vodafone in NZ to discuss my options. The man said I must pay now and when I arrive in Fiji I then text a code and it would be ready to use...simple yes?? I did that, got to Fiji texted the code and it said I did not have enough credit. I called Vodafone and a rude person told e that I used all me credit. I told him I had not even switched the phone on from the call to Vodafone in NZ. He was very rude and told me that he refused to refund me. I asked for his supervisor and he refused. Si i paid again and got the plan going. Aftera few days the data was so slow we could not use it. I called and a rude woman told me the they use third party providers and have no control over the quality. I hung up and called my provider 2 degrees and paid a bit more and got great data and good service. GOOD ADVICE Stay away from Vodafone....they are bloody useless.

Beware Vodafone hanset Insurance is junk Insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Beware: This is junk Insurance: I took out Vodafone handset insurance for $15 a month on my sons Iphone 6S. It was stolen and even with Police reports and all documents the fine print of the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) allows Vodafone to say the phone is now redundant, they do not have to offer another phone like a 7 nor a reconditioned 6S phone. PDS table offer is only $399 and a whopping $300 admin fee. The admin fee if I actually had got a replacement phone was only 150. So no phone but still have to make monthly plan and handset payments for the next 6 months of a 2 year plan.
Always read the small print in the PDS.

Terrible coverage sydney inner west

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I have recently decided to upgrade my phone theorugh Vodafone and now realise what shocking coverage they have right in the middle of the largest city in Australia, Sydney. If you have ever travelled on the train line form central to strathfield and beyond the mobile reception is disgraceful. For a company of Vodafone’s size it’s time they fixed this issue. September 2018

Not loyal to their customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I’ve been a customer of Vodafone for more than 10 years.
One payment I missed they sent me a text telling me they will disconnect my phone. No warning or courtesy whatsoever. You'd think they would be nice after being with them for so long.
I’m moving after my contact ends next month.

Wheres your loyalty.
From time to time I get sent surveys I will give you guys a bad reputation and when I talk to people.

winmalee

• 2 answers

bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

went on holidays 3 weeks in western Australia coudnt make or receive calls until got back to sydney had network coverage in places full coverage but useless if you cant make or receive calls

Maitland nsw

• 2 comments
  • 15 helpful votes

Easy port over

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

Easy to port over from amaysim to Vodafone good reception in my area never had problems with Vodafone always been very helpful to me good staff need better coverage in rural areas other than that no complaints

Complete muppets

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Have totally screwed up my upgrade,sent wrong color phone(returned it) two times correct phone was not despatched then a duplicate phone arrived day after,now need to sit and wait for a courier to pick it up(8am-8pm) will not let me drop it off to shop and save me a day of waiting complete amateurs!!!

Worst mobile service known to man.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

I paid for a $7 add on with the guarantee that i was going to get 2gb bonus. Instead after checking my transcations on my own credit card i got charged $30 and they couldn't refund me since the account was registered to my parents ages ago since i had the number from my early high school days.

Adelaide

• 3 comments

Verified Customer

Vodafone Store downstairs Marion S.A.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

This is the small store on the lower ground mall. Efficient and friendly service. Nothing was too much of a hassle for them to handle. They even gave me some bonus accessories free with my new phone. I later had to get them to correct an error in set up and they handled this perfectly.

Misleading

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

Signed up a contract only as was assured to try the service for free cancellation in 1 month (else would not have signed up), cancelled after 1st 18 days due to network issues and after speaking to cust care i ported my numbers to another provider in 20th day, they said as assured i wont be charged a single penny since it was not even 1 month, recently i received a bill with $500 (2 nos in contract) early exit fee. voda cust care mislead wrongly assuring its customer to jeaopardise the situation. Very disappointed

Melbourne

Internet speed is terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

They don't offer good deals to long service customers, yet they're always advertising deals that are loads cheaper than what they offer. Internet speed is ridiculously slow too.

Huntingdale, VIC

Refund not given

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

After finishing off from vodafone, I tried hard to get refund of excess payment made by me, but everytime I had to wait for long to discuss the option of refund, the customer care executive will end up saying that they are not able to excess or verify the account and advised me to go to vodafone store with proof, when I go to vodafone store at Fountain Gate, they always say 'we can't help you...contact customer care for refund enquiry'. Poor service, always harass the customer. On the other hand they will call; number of times to me to change plans. My number was [removed].
Due to this reason, now I am with optus.

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Every month my mobile bill was wrong and I had to call up to fix it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I was with Vodafone for about 8 months. I can honestly say they are the dodgiest company I have ever dealt with.

Every single month the data usage was wrong and I was over charged. After phoning to query my bill the same man would apologise and change it back to $80. When I asked to speak to someone else he would say, "There is no one else". How can this large company only have one person to speak to? Was he given one area to manage and calls automatically went through to him? It was very strange in this day and age for such a large company to only have one customer service person. Depending on his mood he would fix or not fix the data amount. Maybe he could overcharge people at his own will and take the profits or got commissions or kick backs? I put up with this for 8 long months. How many ongoing services do you have where you have to call up every single month to amend a bill that is not consistent with the rate you signed up for?

The phone coverage was very poor. It did not work in buildings or outside of major cities. I would not recommend Vodafone.

Perth

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Very happy with Vodafone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

When on 12 month sim plan.
Was very happy with service very quick at shop front and everything the guy said happened.
Not problems that's the main thing.
It was friends around me that showed me there online dashboard how to try accounts, your history, billing that made me more interested.
I needed a company that suited me and now I've found one that is big but personal.
Be good if a bit cheaper but data was excellent.
The people at the shop took notice of me straight away instead of me asking them for help, this makes a big difference with me going with them.

Crappy service customer care trash

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Crap rude bad service from customer care person 3 times and in store many times they made mistakes on my payment account they have stuffed me around. Never will I use Vodafone crap company again. Disgusting unprofessional!!

Melbourne

Coverage woes

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Mobile coverage is good in major urban areas, but good help you if you need to make a call out of town (or even in a small town). If you need coverage out of the city be warned, but if your a city dweller they are ok

Poor mobile data

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2018

Boy am i sick of your variable mobile data access which drops out multiple times a day, for long periods. I have no intention of taking out another plan with Vodafone

Never Pre order

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2018

I have pre-ordered my Samsung Note 9, and Vodafone charged me from the day I placed the order even though I have received the phone after two weeks. I am not sure why Australian Consumer afire do not see this unfair business.

1 of 77 pages

Has any one else had this problem? I have constantly tried to inform Vodafone that I pay my account every month with more than what I am actually charged butttt for some reason on the Vodafone app it doesn’t come up I have had my phone cut off and told I have to pay money up front to get any where.. even though I’m a customer and I have statements to prove I have paid up to date I recently stopped paying monthly because I’m sick of being told I owe when no one will help me sort out the actual problem.. I thought Telstra where bad well Vodafone you have done well cause your just a rip off scums

Chook asked on Sep 20, 2018

I am switching from a very old phone to an updated model. The new one requires a micro-sim card ( My old phone has the normal sized sim). There is no Vodafone Store to switch cards in/near Hervey Bay, can this be done over the phone and what info do I need to tell them??

JohnT asked on Jul 18, 2018

Answer this

Hi, your Sim card can be broken down, if you pull it out and look at it, you will see lines on it and in between those lines are tiny little joins that hold it together. Just snap the outer part off and presto you have a mini Sim. If your Sim is so ancient it doesn't have it then yes ring up and they should post one out

It must be ancient as there are no lines or joins. Thanks for the answer and I will give Vodafone a ring.

You can visit some other VF store whenever around and ask for a blank SIM for free. or Call 1555 for free frm VF mobile. Clear verification and place a request to deliver a blank SIM. Once you have the blank SIM for the a sim size of your phone, you can visit VFf website and on support page type SIM swap or replacement, select online SIM swap. This will work only if your current SIM is active or else prefer visiting store with ID proof.

With my vodafone device (Vodafone smart ultra 7) where in NZ would I be able to purchase a battery? Or what's the product number for the battery?

Sammie asked on Jun 07, 2018