Private message

Vodaphones awful new policy - credit checks on existing customers.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

I have been a customer of Vodaphone for many years. I have paid off 5 phones and my account is in order. I went to get an upgrade and was told that credit checks would be necessary. This is so unfair (I have had unrelated financial problems in past so I wont pass a credit check). Not sure why existing customers are exposed to this. I think I will find a cheaper option (and buy my own phone). As well, they are unbelievably rude.

Gold Coast

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 37 helpful votes

SHOPPING FOR NBN

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

I attended one of the stores in the Brisbane CBD to ask about NBN and 4 times I gave my address and the consultant couldn't get it right. The equipment on display was dusty and dirty. Good bye you have lost my business

Customer services is terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

I called to upgrade today. The person gave me the price. Then when I said yes and to go ahead he then made the charge extremely higher. He then wouldn’t go back to the original quote. I asked to talk to a manager who is busy and I am still awaiting them to call me back. I am so disappointed in Vodafone and I have been with them for over 10 years world wide.

Melbourne

terrible in-store service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

I went into the store with my husband because his cell phone broke and he wanted information if he could have another cell phone but keep the same plan, the attendant seemed to be in a bad mood, barely looked in the face, was without patience my husband and I were very ungrateful because he treated us very badly, that we are customers and we have a monthly plan of $ 200 each, I'm going to cancel my plan and I'll never use vodafone again because I think at least they should be nice and take care of everyone! Vodafone I think you are lacking training in your team this happened at victoria garden store in richmond melbourne

SYDNEY

• 2 comments
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

A COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY THAT CANNOT COMMUNICATE...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

and when they do, the caller is incoherent, confusing and rude.

The company have there credit section in India and call them useless, or impolite or dumb, they come back and say you cannot use bad or rude language and they will terminate the call. Totally useless telephone company.

They are rude, they are insufferable and incapable of communicating.

Frankly, the rating would have been minus, except for the fact, I eventually got to talk to someone in Australia, who was polite and professional. Because of him, I did not terminate my services, but next time I have an issue with Vodafone, I will be gone.

I cannot for the life of me understand why they are so rude and do not understand ENGLISH and what foul language really is, if they want it, I will certainly giver it to them, but, for your information, USELESS is not foul language - its in polite use and its in the English dictionary.

Grow up Vodafone. COMMUNICATE

melbourne

• 13 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 18 helpful votes

Why a new number

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

I switched from Optus to Vodafone. Paid my release dues to Optus and went next door to Vodafone in Eastland. Had the same number moved from Optus to Vodafone. The store took my initial $30 recharge and I was fine for 1 month. Then I went to prepay my monthly Vodafone fee on line. It didn't work. I had to phone 1555 and try to sort this out. The overseas operator took $30 from my Visa Card and I thought all was OK. Having phoned 1555 again to ask why I still cannot use my computer to prepay they now inform me that I have a new cell number. Good grief - what has happened is so annoying especially when I directed the staff in Vodafone to keep my original number. Now I have to go back to Vodafone in Eastland and try and get my old number back.

Melbourne

Private message

Just. Awful. Worst Customer Experience I've Ever Received.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I switched to Vodafone thinking it might be a smart way to save a few bucks. What a mistake! Network coverage has been awful, and I live in inner city Melbourne and work in the CBD.

But even worse is the horrible, horrible customer service. Worst I've ever experience from a telco.

I've contacted Vodafone numerous times to raise the problems I've been encountering (poor or no network reception even in central metro areas). I've also tried on numerous occasions to lodge a complaint about these issues, and to request that my break fee be waived so that I can switch to another provider.

On 8th of August I visited the Elsternwick store. A sales rep by the name of Arik Handleman was extremely rude to me. When I asked him for his assistance with waiving my break free he said that it was 'technically impossible' for anybody at Vodafone to waive this fee, and that there was nothing he could do.

On the 9th of August I tried to contact Vodafone through their live chat functionality on their website. The responses were very slow, and it took a long time to interract with the customer sales reps. Finally, after half an hour chatting with a sales rep, and just as I requested to submit a complaint, the live chat was disconnected.

I tried to repeat the process using Vodafone's live chat, and again - after a further 20 minute wait - as soon as requested that a complaint be submitted, I was told to 'wait a minute' while my details were confirmed and then the line was disconnected.

On Saturday the 11th of August I called Vodafone on their customer service line to discuss these issues and lodge a complaint. I was told by the customer sales representative that they would transfer me to the appropriate team, and then they proceed to hang up on me.

I have tried every avenue possible to raise these issues with Vodafone, and have experienced nothing but contemptuous rude treatment.

I also note that there is no written channel (i.e. email address) by which a customer is able to submit a written complaint.

Absolutely disgraceful Vodafone. Avoid these guys at all costs.

No problem solving

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I had a plan that i missed 1 month of payment and they denied me access to my vodafone and access to my account, i rung them and everything and they ended up doing nothing this call took 2 hours and resulted in nothing so i decided to call it a night and resolve it another night, 2 months later i decide i need to get my phone to work so i call them and try sort it they now say that i have a 600$!! fee on my account, so i tell them its gonna take me a while to take it out of the bank so please hold it until next week, they agreed. Next week comes around and i have accumulated the money and called them to pay it off, after waiting for an hour they told me that it had already been sent to debt collections, this ticked me off because debt collections put an extra 70 dollars on top of my 600 dollar fee, to keep it shorter, after that it took me 4 more 3 hour over the course of a month to finally get my phone unblocked. Please learn from my mistakes and go with skinny or 2degrees.

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Have had endless issues with Vodafone form the time I changed to them. Was told to get a new handset as the handset I took over was faulty. I did as I was told and got on a new plan and was charged way more than what I agreed on. But the new phone also had the same issue of not been able to receive calls. (I later was told that it was not the sim or the hand set, it’s the network upgrades happening and that effected the calls)
They do not care about the customer. Tried calling many times and sort it out but they connect me from pillar to post and no body is willing to help. I requested for them to listen to the recordings and check what I was promised, but they refuse to do so and I was told to request it through the communications ombudsman.
I’m now in the process of contacting the ombudsman.

I do not recommend Vodafone to anyone as they mislead customers and provide very bad customer service.

Got Ripped off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Got ripped off and sick of customers service in store and overseas call center that's hard to understand. Would not recommend to anyone

No real support when your GALAXY S9 malfunctions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

I bought from Vodafone the super expensive Samsung S9 and four months later it breaks down. I live in Perth and Vodafone’s support is to repair the phone in NSW? No phone swap was offered. The customer service is really poor.

Data scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Apparently I am always going over my data limit so I always turn my data off if I’m out and I need to use it I make sure it’s quick and fast I’ve literally turned my data on once today not even for 2 minutes and I get hit with a million txt messages saying they have added 1gb data to my account which cost $10 more on top of my bill my data doesn’t reset for another week and I’m already getting these messages 3 times a day (you do the math) this is disgusting Firstly I think it’s so wrong that they can automatically add data without ur consent i have 3 more months left on this stupid plan I will never return to Vodafone again do not be fooled by their “cheap” plans there’s so much adding on top it’s ridiculous I have 2 $60 plans with Vodafone yet I’m paying 250 a month what freaking ripppppp

Bentleigh, VIC

Irresposible and unresponsive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

I am based in melbourne cbd and i took vodafone 9 months back. From last 3 months most of my calls getting dropped and when i raised this issue to vodafone all they have to say is that we are upgrading. For last 3 months they are just upgrading. I would never recommend vodafone to anyone.

Brisbane

• 1 question
  • 6 helpful votes

Warning ⚠️Vodafone trap!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Warning ⚠️Vodafone trap!!

Cancelled Vodafone contract 7 months ago on the phone. The operator indicated everything was fine and there was no remaining or outstanding feel. Two days ago, I got an email from a fee-collect team asking for $80. Now it affected my credit history for buying a house. Went to a CBD shop in Brisbane, two Staff members suggested I had to pay $80. It is not up to them to resolve the issue. A dark operation, warning for this service.The online operator told me this is my obligation, they can't provide me a copy of my contract.

Thieves

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Vodafone thieves they sell phones under your name to someone else and you have to pay for that. All the staff stupid overseas people who cannot even speak English with their stupid accent. I'm not satisfied at all and i do not recommend them to anyone. Please don't buy from Vodafone. I've been their customer for years just paid my bills every month without knowing whats going on!

Private message

Rip off and impossible to exit contract!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

I was promised my bills would be never go over $80. I am not faced with bills of $250.. and I'm not even working right now!!! I have called customer service, who said I need to go in store. I then go in store, who said i can only do it online. Apparently I need to do it at Chadstone. They are the worst and costing me a fortune!!

Worst phone plan ever!!!

Truganina

• 1 comment

NO stable 4 G service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

Worst service ever !! . I am getting NO 4G signals , 3G if i am very lucky and yet been paying for 2 iphone plus services total of $220 for at least 10 month. Been reporting problem since last October and I've been told there is "on going work " in my area and there is NO completion date .They have been charging for a service they cannot provide . The retention department rep had the balls to give me $5 discount per service , what a joke . I've been with Vodafone for at least 7-8 years , maybe longer . I had every intention of staying but they have made sure that I leave the network and never return !! . Not I am stuck , they cannot cancel the service until I pay off the devices which totals to over $1000 . They fail to understand that , people buy phones on instalments because they don't or can't up upfront and yet they just want me to produce $1000 or stay on the network and keep paying for a service they cannot provide .
Will be happy to hear a response from any Voda rep out here .

• 2 helpful votes

Scamming lying

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

They lie, scam, and offer terrible customer service in store and by phone. Can't understand each other, they spell details how the believe they sound, rather than how you tell them something is spelt. Important details like my full name date of birth, etc. After many years of lame customer service I'd suggest going else where. Cring worthy

Gold Coast

• 2 questions
  • 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

What they did was wrong, wrong and wrong

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

On the 23/7/18, at the Helensvale store, I agreed to a 24 month contract for $45 pm, with a phone and with the loyalty discount it came down to $38 pm over 24 months. The phone was to be delivered to my home on the 24th or 25th. On the 26th I went in to the Helensvale store and was greeted immediately and informed that I could no longer have the plan I had agreed to. I was told I could have the same phone and plan for $59 pm month over 24 months. The plans had gone up on the Tuesday apparently. I refused and was then offered $50 over 36 months. Apparently that was better. Do they think I am an idiot? I phoned Vodaphone and finally got to speak to an online sales person, who agreed with me. I was to go back into the Helensvale store and get the staff to call online sales and they would give me what was originally agreed to. When I went into the store the girl was argumentative and insisted that I had agreed to a 36 month plan previously as there was never ever a 24 month plan. Not only was she a pushy bully, but an aggressive liar too. You are supposed to satisfy the customer, not bully them into submission. Imagine if they had delivered the phone to my home on the Tuesday or Wednesday, there is no way I could have said, I don't want the contract anymore, yet they can do what they like. Then Vodafone send me a survey and want to know why I am not happy and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. What they did in the Helensvale store was wrong, wrong and wrong. And when given the opportunity to rectify the problem, they became aggressive and still got it wrong. The guy I spoke with at the Logan Hyperdome was no better than the bully at Helensvale.

Private message

Terrible service - avoid the stress; stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

Very frustrated with the customer service, it is not consistent. Some of the staff are helpful when they do answer the phone in time and unfortunately from my experience the majority of them are not. It does not take one phone call to get an issue resolved. Surely take feedback seriously and aim to improve.

1 of 58 pages