Worse internet

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2019

I took a plan with 80 gb data and unlimited internet plan with dropped speed. The service is too poor. I have never found stable connection and always dropped speed. Calls have often noise and cannot connect properly. Choose other networks.

Never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2019

Called up customer care and explained my situation -"someone has accidentally put up my number as his call divert. Receiving calls for him all day. Need to rectify it". Their response -"can't do anything. We need to change the settings of the other person's phone and for that we need his permission or its a privacy intrusion".!!!

I am Vodafone's customer calling to them and addressing them that someone has, without my consent, is diverting his calls to my phone! Doesn't these Vodafone people find that it's something they need to act on?

I don't understand why they have a service number (1555) which have technical and customer care services - both of which are able to provide the same answer!

shocking so called 'customer service'

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2019

I've been on this earth for a fair number of years and have never encountered incompetence and arrogance the likes of what Vodafone serves up. They are in a class of their own. They barred my mobile for some reason. Enquired why? Vodafone - give us your pin, my response - don't have, forgotten after all this time. Next step, go to local store with ID to reset. Did that. Woman at store says too hard, can't help. Lodged a complaint via email. Received a response via email. Message - go to another Vodafone store with ID. Being a phone company and me being a long term customer you would reasonably think someone from their resolution centre would call me and sort out. No, just a few lines - email. This drama started Wednesday last week, now Monday. Still no service. Unbelievable. My recommendation - choose another provider. Vodafone will disappoint and introduce you to a world of frustration and pain. The stupidity encountered is quite profound.

Service at Westfield Marion (SA)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2019

I renewed my contract with Vodafone on Christmas Eve 2018 and made it very clear what I wanted to spend. The staff member included a few accessories which I thought was a nice added bonus. At no point did he mention this was an additional charge. I agree, my own fault for not seeing this additional amount when I signed the contract but he was so busy focusing on the amount I was going to pay each month (which never included this extra charge) The extra charge was on the second page. I feel completely scammed by this staff member and how cruel of him to target a new mother who went in there with a 6 week old baby and specifically told him I was conscious of the amount I’d be spending. The Indian lady who I spoke to on their ‘customer care’ number couldn’t have cared less. If I signed the contract it’s not their problem. Hey ho. Karma will bite I guess. And Well Done to the staff member who no doubt earned himself a little commission for duping me this way!!

Private message

Can not get good service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2019

The coverage isn't that good..can't acess mobile data many zones.They charge me extra 15$ for over due and I haven't received any mail for ovewdue. Once I talk with them reason that its something wrong with your banks..This things happen with me before when I was with Vodafone but that time they gave me credit without any arguments and now m not with them so they haven't give good response...

• 2 helpful votes

Bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

Been a loyal vodafone customer since I came here in Australia, but all i got when i had a concern about getting to pay extra $10 monthly since 2015 on add ons I didn't even know existed (so i haven't really make use) is "that is why it is important to check on your bills" tsk. told them i went to there store branch in 2015 to have it cut off and their reply is "we can never really verify your conversation in a store branch".

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Nothing but trouble

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Left them a few years back due to terrible reception and even worse customer service. Thought I would join them for internet this time. Bad bad idea. They tell you one thing on the phone to sell you a plan but a few months later it doesn’t match your bill. Being overcharged on my bills has happened so many times over the years I have lost count and I end up being put through to different departments told different stories by each one, no one is accountable it is laughable. Also when they “upgrade” you it is really them adding another service on top of your current service plan and now charging you for both plans instead of rolling you over into a new one. So now I’m being charged the same internet twice for two accounts each month. Incompetence is one thing but continued dishonesty by sales staff about charges just to get you onboard is a disgrace. Ive never had any issue with other carriers like I have had with this company.

Epping , melb

Private message

Vodafon team is terrible with little english

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

I tried to port my number. He did but he changed one digit and i got someones number. How funny and stupid unprofessional illiterate staff. They did this mistake and blaming customer. I missed all important calls.

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes

Online Prepaid recharge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Took 35 minutes to recharge online via my iphone in Sydney, Australia. Terrible server connection. Considering joining to Optus network.

Melbourne

Customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2019

I've had a business plan with vodafone for 5 years in the last 2 years nothing but trouble. I rang to get some customer help only to be greeted by an arrogant Indian with little English and a god complex . Seeya vodafone

Misinformation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

Have been with Vodafone for over 20 years but phone was in my husbands name (my phone though). Was told if I swapped into my name that i could keep my loyalty. NO. that’s not true went ahead anyway. Go to up grade my phone but can’t do because my credit rating isn’t good enough. Account has NEVER been paid late. Payment will still be coming out if the same account. Have been in the same job for over 18 years and my credit ratings bad. First of all you’re given the wrong info and secondly only half the info. Looks like you’ve lost a customer. Not that you would care
Also the person we dealt with was so rude and his English was appalling
So so disappointed

Vodafone international roaming RUBBISH!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

I used VODAFONE prepaid sim switched to roaming on my trip to Amsterdam, Paris, London via Hong Kong & return via Shanghai
Terrible !! Does NOT work properly - EVER !! Absolutely rubbish product.
My prepaid Vodafone SIM on iPhone SE works perfectly IN AUSTRALIA

No loyalty with Vodafone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

After 16 years being with Vodafone i must say worst experience Ive had. Called up to complain about the service as Ive taking camping and traveling further out gave me no coverage. i also had issues with the service at work and had to step outside every time to get coverage which got really annoying. The customer service rep advised me that i was on a older product from 2016 and that i needed to change to 2019 product and would save money and ignored the fact i was complaining about the coverage. After 30mins on the call i had enough as i got so frustrated and advised to cancel my plan which finishes up in April 2019 over 24months. Based on the remaining 5 months i was charged approx 350 to cancel when a service couldn't be provided. After being a loyal customer for 16 years i must say worst experience and service, least they could have done was waive the cancellation fee as i still had my wife's plan and my tablets with vodafone but they where happy to lose the entire business and customer. No longer a Advocate of vodafone

Verified Customer

Stay well away from vodafone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

I would recommend to anyone that is looking for a new phone or contract with Vodafone. Tip for everyone, look somewhere else. I've been with Vodafone 9 year and the last 2 years has been the worst customer service I have ever had in my life. This is about vodafone customer care 191 and customer service head office complaint, they also don't know how to do a sar requests. 30 days now passed, call Vodafone to be told not action. Need to wait another 30 days poor poor service. Stay well away from Vodafone.

melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Cut off my voicemail

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Vodafone stopped my voicemail. Voicemail stopped working unbeknownst to me! I missed many messages with zero alerts. When i checked my voicemail, i was asked to set it up from scratch. It was already set up and working without issue!!!! What's going on here? Poor practice resulting in missed calls to me the customer. I will never recommend this company. -1.

Terrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Terrible experience and network in Torquay 3228 and while I requested them to change my provider. Vodafone charged me early exit fees and I left vodafone 15 days early and they still charged me full money. Stay away from vodafone Alert !!!!!!!

Rozelle

• 2 helpful votes

Techncial Support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Since November 2018 I have been in contact with Vodafone technical support as I am unable to download MMS messages on my Samsung S8 from anyone who sends one from an i Phone, I initially went to the Vodafone store in Sydney and they were unable to fix the problem and contacted their Tech support team. This team is absolutely hopeless - they ring me and I explain the problem and then they recommend a change and ask me to get someone to send me an MMS. I do this and they say they will ring back in the next 24 hours often it takes over 3 days to hear from them. I tell them again the problem hasn't been fixed. As it is never the same Tech person who rings I have to go over the problem each time with the new person - (seems like no-one reads any notes they claim they make on any file) They ask the same questions each time which is the Wi Fi off and mobile data on and then they try another fix with the same result, and again get me to phone some one and get an MMS sent, I have done this countless times - it is very annoying as I have to ask people in their working time to send me an MMS from their i Phone. The tech support people can't do this which would be more useful so I could give them answer as to if the fix worked immediately rather then waiting for them to phone me back which can up up to 3 days.

It is now 3 months and I still can't get MMS from people with i Phones. I have put my SIM in other peoples phones and I am able to receive the MMS. This can't be the first time this problem has occurred.

I have not been getting the full service from my plan which I have been paying for - Vodafone need to fix this and discount my plan fee until fixed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide

• 3 helpful votes

Phone support - poor English

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Made the mistake of extending my contract by phone. Was a torture test trying to understand what the sales person was saying/offering. In the end I inadvertently downgraded to a plan that is costing me more. If you need sales support, make sure you speak to a sales person that speaks reasonable English.

Worst worst worst customer service people

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

I ordered a router 3 weeks before, they gave a week delivery notice after chasing this for more than 3 weeks they update that the router is missing in shipping and asked us to wait for another couple of week to settle tis. We really frustrated and cancelled the order. Again we went back to store to get the router and paid all the amount and booked the nbn installation and came back again we were waiting for the nbn person to install but not arrived on the given appointment. Again called back to the vodafone service and got the answer like we dont have any details under ur name and no appointment is booked online for the mentioned address. Wow! hats off to all the people who sincerely works for vodafone. Still i was not solved with the issues anyways. PEOPLE PLS BE AWARE OF THIS SUPER DEDICATED EMPLOYEE WHO NEVER CARES FOR THE CUSTOMERS. SHAME ON U ALL.

Poor Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

I am Vodafone customer for last one and half year, got a mobile from them over 2 years time plan with sim for my wife and got my own sim only plan. To my surprise in 8 months it was revealed the sales person had added insurance cost to mobile n sim plan without our knowledge and consent and we were paying this for no reason while we were covered under our content insurance already. So we got it cancelled. After one year my sim only plan was out of fixed contract and free. I keep on getting calls to get into best plan where as I was in my desired best plan already but they perhaps wanted me to get into locking contract again to ensure I do not leave them. After so many calls, my answer was same. But somehow I was passing by their Rundle Mall store and walked into to find what are the options, may be i can upgrade my mobile if its viable. To my surprise I was there for 5-7 minutes, waiting and looking at the staff, most of them busy with their customers, even one or two apparently sitting and able to assist but none of them bothered to acknowledge me and asked why I am there. I am very terrible with such a response from outlests, so did not want to waste my time any more and left.

1 of 65 pages