Terrible advice from Vodafone

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Attempted to set up a prepaid sim only to realise I don't have one of the 3 forms of ID
passport
drivers license
Medicare card

I don't drive, have never traveled overseas and do not possess a Medicare card.

When I rang customer service for help I was told I would need to set my account up in someone else's name.
that do me sounds like poor privacy practices.
No thanks Vodafone
Optus here I come

Perth

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer

Data use

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

I was receiving 9GB data on my plan and still had unused data at the end of the month. Vodafone has recently changed their plan (apparently better for the consumer) and instead of the previous 9GB, is now giving 17GB.
Better deal????
As i said, with the previous plan i had data left over, with this plan my data is all used days prior to having to recharge.
I do nothing differently. I don't stream. I don't watch anything.
So why am i using more data ????
For some reason vodafone has upped their data but also upped the rate of data use.
Vodafone may have good plans, but to some degree they are as shonky as telstra!!
The customer service is as bad as telstra as well.

Private message

Nothings changed for the better

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

Transfer from Telstra as data caps were more generous and was quickly disappointed,network coverage in a capital city is shocking and network congestion meant some text messages took over a minute to send.happy to say Vodafone are no longer my phone carrier

Laidley Heights

• 3 helpful votes

No bars!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

So for some inane reason Ive been with Vodafone for years, hoping it would improve. Nope. I have next to no coverage in my house which makes it very hard to receive and make calls, obviously. As soon as this.cobtracts ends I'm switching. Ridiculous.

Ashfield

• 14 helpful votes

Buggy as hell network that loses 4g constantly

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

it was great for 1st month (I was getting like 150mb/s download at home). Their network is rubbish though. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone - in fact I spend a fair amount of time talking people out of Vodafone. Coverage even in Sydney CBD is extremely inconsistent and I simply cannot get ANY 4g on my train ride home. Lucky I'm on pre paid as I'd just hate to be locked into this rubbish. Going back to Boost with their Telstra newtork - it was waaaaaay more consistent (plus they have 2/3 times data for same price as Voda now). Screw you Vodafone.

Great service...poor quality data.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Vodafone has a brilliant relatively quick service centre. The people who take a customers calls are fast, courteous, helpful and all of this geniinely so. Top Company for service assistance. I have a slight anger management problem when it comes to not receiving value for money and on paper. ..40 bucks for 35 days of 17gigs data and unlimited local and national calls with some international calls thrown in is a great deal...
Download speeds are fine, when net is working.
However...i use my data in conjunction with wifi so when the wifi isn't working or im travelling i SHOULD be able to freely roam the web. My phone is a Galaxy5 so there's no phone quality issue. And it doesn't seem to matter where i am...quite alot of the time my data is slow...it sticks or REGULARLY drops out. Im not exaggerating...it's so appalling ive actually been doing important business related matters and half way through, the net drops completely out and sometimes it's like that on and off for hours. I take responsibility for this but because of the frustration ive smashed two phones. Very expensive and have had to involve myself in stress management because of it. Consequently, i will be looking for another carrier.
One that works. This has gone on way too long and MANY of my friends tell me the same thing. I wish it were different because i DO like vodafone services and the package. The delivery of data...most important to me personally...is sub par. Pull your head in Vodafone. You're losing customers.

Canberra

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Dodgy NBN

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

I spoke to a sales guy on the phone, and he sold me on 100 MBit NBN, but failed to mention that max I could get in my area was 40 MBit. After downgrading me it became apparent that the network feed was inferior, with failures to download email, and low-speed Netflix... I gave them the opportunity to rectify, but they just failed to do anything. So I canceled under my 30-day satisfaction guarantee.

I would be interested to see if they can fix it. Their mobile internet is great, but the NBN is FUBAR and slow (<30MBit). I've moved back to my old provider.

Sydney

Verified Customer

Vodafone - Honestly Never Again!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

Mobile phone priced way high. Problem and issues with monthly billing cycle. Crazy for $$ money. Poor network service. Took my name spelling wrong & start billing me while I couldn't activate the account yet. Many more... Honestly never again.

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Coverage woes

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Mobile coverage is good in major urban areas, but good help you if you need to make a call out of town (or even in a small town). If you need coverage out of the city be warned, but if your a city dweller they are ok

• 1 review

Poor mobile data

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2018

Boy am i sick of your variable mobile data access which drops out multiple times a day, for long periods. I have no intention of taking out another plan with Vodafone

Brisbane

• 82 comments
  • 14 questions
  • 142 answers
  • 50 helpful votes

New number is not new, they want an extra $20 to change it

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

When the 2G was turned off, my Father needed a new phone. We bought him a new phone. The SIM card was the wrong size but he still had $20 Vodafone prepaid credit and he had this phone number since 2000 when he was Telstra. He ported the Telstra number to Vodafone five years ago.

I told him to go to Vodafone because they would happily update his SIM and port his number, since he is already a Vodafone customer.

Unfortunately some kind of misunderstanding (even though the SIM has a Vodafone logo on it) the sales person put a new SIM with new number (because Vodafone number) and said it would cost him $50, but they would only charge $30. He complained that he thought they would just be able to fix his existing SIM which had credit. They explained that he was getting the $20 back and only paying $30.
So he tells me that getting a new Vodafone number is the best option for him and he is happy with their service.
Next day there is an advert somewhere and it appears that the discounted $50 deal he got for $30 is actually the standard Vodafone $49 that was being offered to new customers for $29.
So I sent him back to get his old number ported to his new SIM, but they could not find a way to help him. Obviously he is a low value customer.
The biggest issue has been the constant text messages about failed banking transactions, debt collectors, urgent requests for him to update his details via link, etc.
I suspected SPAM but some of the messages appear to be due to this number being very recently used by someone else (or someone else is mistyping their new mobile number).
He doesn't have this SIM in a smartphone so he hasn't been tricked by clicking on the embedded link to SPAMworld.
He went back to Vodafone and asked for assistance or a replacement phone number, but they said the stuff ups in the beginning were not their fault so a new number would cost $20 and he would have to contact Vodafone call centre.
Obviously they consider him a low value customer.
There are cheaper ways to get a new phone number. eg. ALDI, TPG, Kogan etc

So bye bye Vodafone. ......

Queensland

Billing issues

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

I contacted Vodafone to pay off my handset to reduce my debt on the phone. Instead of increasing it by $50 per month which I requested ( including my normal bill) they have applied the WHOLE cost onto my bill. $892.00 later they want to put me on a payment plan to reduce it. Threatened me with cutting off my service when all I wanted to do was reduce the cost of my handset. Have spoken to 6 different people and have not been provided any solutions. Basically pay the whole lot, or be on a payment plan. I have paid for the whole thing, I know own my phone and will not be renewing my service when I can get better deals elsewhere for less money and hassle. Feeling that i'm being punished for trying to pay off a bill earlier, you would think they would want that money sooner.
Not happy with the service, wait times or how something so simple has become really expensive for me.

Threatening and disrespect

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

So basically i forget to turnoff my hotspot and the data runs about 16GB that day, and vodafone send me just one text message (they believe they sent 9 messages). I ask for advice that whether i can turn off the mobile data and just making phone calls, therefore there will be no extra charges in the next few days until reset. But they are keep pushing a deal of a $720 yearly plan to let me upgrade to solve the problem. Put simply, they believe either i upgrade to a $720 plan or otherwise i will get screwed if i keep using my mobile, and their way of speaking with a customer is absolutely aggressive. When i ask whether the surcharge on that day can be offset, they threaten me and said "i can see you didn't pay your bill, and is already overdue for 1 day, but i paid just 10 min before i made a phone call. It looks like he want to say "you didn't even damn pay your bill, why looking trouble on me?" They said im speaking too fast, but they were talking like a bullet, and interrupt me many times before i want to say something which is absolutely non-professional and rude. Until i speak to the other operators said i want to cancel my vodafone contract, they willing to upgrade my plan for $45 a month. Have been with vodafone for 4 years, and that's what i get for paying over $60 every month

SYDNEY

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 26 helpful votes

No Help With Premium SMS Fraud

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

The patronising and condescending attitude of the customer service people (Australian) who are there to help is laughable. I reported a fraudulent charge for a Premium SMS service I have never heard of or registered for. I spoke with an off shore consultant and had to SPELL every second word. I asked to be transferred to Australia and was told it was all my own fault! I am not an idiot and didn't "accidentally sign up to a gaming service" as the consultant suggested. They have offered zero assistance and told me to call the scammer's listed help line. It's a SCAM!!! They are not intending to refund any charges or to publish a warning to customers on their website so I have reported the whole matter to the TIO (Ombudsman) "coincidentally", the day after I did that, I received a "special offer" for a discounted something or rather. Clowns.

Profit

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

I am not satisfied, been with vodafone ever since and with a little problem they wont help you, you call them and you will pay more for waiting too long.

Lack of customer service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I have been with Vodafone for over 20 years continuous .I joined when it was Bellsouth. I mean how many people now days stay with a company from the start. Why do they say they are giving me a special offer because of how long I've been with them then you see on TV or people tell you that they have it as well. Then
they say they will ring & they don't & you wait & wait week later you you ring & all the excuses why it didn't happen. Different department should of range me. I asked why is their no follow up to see if everything has been sorted but no so I'm going to go to the opposition as Vodafone don't care. Shirl. T

Janurary 6th 2019 Update - Sadness

Loyalty should still exists but big companies like the $ more. Some of the staff that are hired. Well let me say they need to view the standard of knowledge & understanding very quickly. I know they only read a little but come on guys you don't get loyal customers very often.

• 4 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 30 helpful votes
Private message

Overpriced and not great customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2018

Was with Vodafone for about 6 years +. Left them in Jan after being disappointed with their pricing and lack of decent offers to existing customers. I found their service to be slow and often in my area I wouldn't get reception in my house (in the suburbs of Brisbane). I tried of their 'customer service' call centres calling me to try get me to stay with them or resign a new contract, particularly as the deals on the phone were always different.

The thing I hated most was getting '1GB of data added' when I went over my data - I only had 1GB of data, and used to sometimes run out just before the new data was due to start, and then they would top up a day before the new month and barely use 10MB., I said to them on facebook, why they couldnt charge me for the 10MB I used pro-rata etc. Anyhoo, they did that to me about 5 times and this was the thing that ultimately lost me as a customer. I believe they finally changed that policy, but it was too late.

I left to go to Moose Mobile and loved them!

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Recharge difficult & connection reliability also questionable

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2018

Numerous times I've needed to use the recharge service for internet/ data. It is very inconvenient in the middle of studying online to not have your mobile phone provider offer reliable & consistent recharge services. Always technical issues over the weekend when trying to recharge- to continue not only as as an online student who needs the internet, but as someone trying to get home on public transport & communicate whilst doing so. Too many times now

Brisbane

Private message

Very hit and miss with the customer service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I purchased my iPhone 7plus through Vodafone a couple of months ago. I took it out of its packaging and turned it on only to find it had a permanent line across the screen and ended up malfunctioning. I returned it to Vodafone and was told to go directly to Apple who would replace it for me. I felt that this was not right however was unsure so made the trip to the Apple shop. They told me no, as I suspected it is Vodafone who need to replace this. I returned to the Vodafone shop and told the employee this and she said 'oh yes, we can return it for you'. Needless to say I was extremely annoyed. This experience and the way I was treated was upsetting so I decided to go in to a different store. The staff there were very helpful and explained everything clearly to me. It is this reason I have given them a 2/5. Very hit and miss with the customer service and staff knowledge of procedures.

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Hard work to deal with them...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

At first, the support representative didn't want to cancel a unused service. I was no longer in contract, it should have been easy.

They finally told me their department for cancellations wasn't open at this time - but strangely enough, were more than happy for me to transfer my contract to someone else (friend, family member, etc.) Funny how that works, isn't it?

The apparent problem I had with this seemed to confound the support person.

When I rang back during the hours they specified, I got another chap on support who finally decided to let me cancel... Excellent. I remained calm and it appears that got the job done. I thanked him for his time.

But then a month and a half later, I got another bill in the inbox (!)

I needed to ring back again to cancel an invoice for a service I no longer had. It's good thing I kept all my account and private code details. I remained calm and they cancelled the invoice.

Let's see if my account is really cancelled this time. I guess time will tell.

It really ought not to be this difficult - this sort of thing should be achievable through their web portal, but one gets the impression they are desperate to hold onto as many customers as possible.

Not good.