Very bad service and unpromising policies

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Staff in this outlet has very low level understanding of English. Went for earphone warranty and they said it can not be replaced without any convincing reason. Vodafone is actually pathetic in customer service and the way they charge extra for data is also totally unsatisfactory. Not worth recommending.

Private message

Why i got rid of vodaphone

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

Vodaphone sends me a text asking why I'm leaving them. It says pick from multiple choices. Ten Questions but the whole ten questions have the same multiple choices. Whats the point when I can not tell them in writing in my own words. Telstra gave me the chance to upgrade from my old iPhone 4s to an iPhone 6 at a good price owned out right and put me on a plan for $35. Only $5 more than my $3o recharge on vodaphone. The plan is only for 12 months than I can go back to my $30 recharge option. The phone $529 and some Telstra stores sold for $449. Good price for a good upgrade seeing we are on the old age pension. If vodaphone want good honest feed back it should let people tell them in their own words not pick from repeated same useless questions. After all we do give feed back by our own free will. When going online with vodaphone it is very slow. They throw bonus gigs at you but way too slow. If it was not for my wi fi connection to tpg hooked up to my phone the internet on my old phone would just take forever to respond. Ps I was with vodaphone ten years at least. In the end the product and price point were just not there. I'm not looking for $70 a month plans and $1000 outright phones just a good phone and deal.

newcastle, Australia

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
Private message

Just don't try to leave or switch

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Had been a Vodafone customer for more than 15 years and never had an issue or had to ring customer service
recently moved house and have no Vodafone reception (not their fault).
Rang customer service (CS) they were helpful and offered several possibilities to improve signal, None worked (not their fault).

Decided to change carriers (this is where things start to go downhill)
they ported my number straight away (took less than 30min) however when i tried to unlock my phone (which i purchased about 10 years ago) i had so much trouble.
I tried to use their web site (www...vodafone/unlock) did not work, site just timed out after i entered phones IEM no rang CS, was told there were issues with website and they could do it for me. They logged a request with their tech team and was told i would be contacted within 24 hours with unlock procedure. Happy customer
Guess what : NO one called me back
I rang CS back, was told they are unable to unlock my phone and that i spoke to no one the previous day and that no request had been made to unlock phone and no one was going to call me back. Refused to check who i spoke with even though they keep that data. Was told the only way i could unlock phone was to visit Vodafone store, Explained this was not possible and they refused to unlock phone.

After 15 years their attitude towards me was disgraceful and they had no intention of helping my situation. Every person i spoke to offered different reasons as to why it could not be unlocked and in the end i gave up and have referred the matter to the ombudsman in hope that they can sort out my situation.

Would not recommend Vodafone due to their poor CS when you wish to leave.
Have contacted ombudsman but phone still locked to Vodafone.

Verified Customer

Stay Away!!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

I was on contract and had been a loyal customer with them for over 5 years.

Their customer service is consistently awful. It takes over 4 or 5 different calls to different representatives to finally have someone listen to you and treat you like a human person. Once this FINALLY occurs, you've got a 50/50 shot of them actually deciding to help you or not.

The service itself was fine, but with customer service this rotten you're better off going with anyone else; STAY AWAY

Worst Customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

Today Vodaphone called me to improve my services and changing my plan, the quality of the line was bad and the lady another side of the line couldn't hear me and instead of letting me go to work she insists on continuing. Then she starts asking private questions tell me your pin, which countries you are calling to. I told her that I'm in the office and it's not a good time instead she was YELLING at me I told you which country you are calling to.

Well, that's not a good way to improve quality, I was a happy customer till now.
I had few issues with Vodaphone in the past 9 years one time they charged me 700$ for 2gb of the internet when my cellular data usage was off then I moved to 3 and I was happy with them.The coverage was limited but it was clear from the beginning what you get. Then three years ago Vodafone bought 3 and I've become Vodafone customer once again I didn't have any problem with them upto now except few 5$ roaming charge when I travel overseas as soon as you turn on your phone you get charged even if you don't call someone or use the internet. Just remember if you get charged now you can use as much as you want.

Overall, I'm happy with their service but the customer service really bad, I've called them few times and I wait in the Que for a long time.

• 5 helpful votes

Best if no others

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2017

If you love International call
I would say optus is perfect because they give more optional unlimited or huge minutes to call overeas. Like to call bali

• 2 helpful votes

Can't get through!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Can't get through tonight!
Bad signal!
Can't even get through to online help!

Not good Vodafone!

But...when answered good staff, friendly.

Marsden

Private message

Vodafone made trouble for me financially but I'm still using that

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

I'm not happy with them because they never helped me but they put default for my credit file for very little money

Southbank city

Worst reception in countryside

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

Don't get Vodafone if you go to the countryside or if u are living there, don't get reception, if you are luck can get a bit.

Gers worse and worse in manly , sydney

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

For the last 4 months the internet in manly provided by Vodafone ranges from very bad to moderate. Last year was good but after I updated my contract the service is very disappointing. I have called the custorem service 5 times and after every call it was ok for 24 hr. Weekends when you need the internet the most are the worse. 4 months ago I was informed that there are some technical issues but come on!!!! What a excuse!!!

Not recommending. I am on contract 12 months. Mobile 12 GB a month. You do not need this much cause the internet speed is so slow you never use it.

Beware of exit fees

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Just finished our 2 year plan.
Now informed will be charged a 50% plus $5 of monthly charge to exit the plan,
even though the 2 years are finished.
Only carrier I know who does this extra charge.

Verified Customer

I am not being heard and am left with no mobile phone as a consequence

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

Despite friendly staff in the Grand central store Toowoomba, I have now effectively been without a viable phone since I purchased a Sony Xperia phone on 8th February. I explained I needed a reliable phone as a woman travelling alone extensively overseas. The battery would not remain charged even over a normal nighttime. The store was good in that they acknowledged the faulty battery and that it was not fit for purpose by replacing it up to three times with another Xperia. In the interim while waiting for replacements I would be without a mobile - about a week each time. I clearly indicated on the second and definitely by the third that I no longer wanted a Sony Xperia as it clearly was not fit for my purpose. I could not have a phone that would have a flat battery in less than a day of travelling. I requested that I be able to instead have a replacement of another in-store brand and pay any difference. Instead all the store will do is continue to offer me a Sony Xperia 4th one now, when I have clearly stated it is not fit for my purpose, I do not want it and I want a simple replacement with another brand. No one out of pocket it is now 2 months and on going. I think I will be a woman travelling alone with no phone. I am not heard and the legal obligations for consumers is not being observed here. In tears...

Traralgon

• 3 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Less coverage than I had 5 years ago

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

First up, I am a long term postpaid Vodafone customer (+10 years) and I am sad to say that this will be my last year with them as I have less coverage than I had 5 years ago at the same address. I live in country Vic and up until Feb 17 I have always had 3 to 5 bars and, had no problems making and receiving calls, it was so good I was going to give up the landline and just go mobile. After then, I now have between no service and 1 bar (with the same phone as before), this is after there upgrade in my area ( what sort of upgrade was it?). It is so bad now that I cannot hold a phone call of more that 30 seconds, if it connects at all, It is almost always going to drop out. I cannot wait until late October when I will change provider.
I will say that I find Vodafone plans to be great value for money, but if I cannot make calls what's the point.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Good phone but terrible service at shop in Caloundra.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

I went to Vodaphone shop with problem with my 7. It makes loud noise every hour, and other stuff. The customer service man couldn't have cared less!
Very disappointed.

No reception and I work at the edge of the city

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

You would think that reception might be reasonable as I work at a Melbourne hospital precinct at the edge of the city. The next day at work with the new sim, I was surprised that reception was already down to 1 bar. Inside the building signal was mostly non-existent or so weak that conversation was garbled. Contacted Vodafone who informed me a planned outage would be fixed in 5 days. However during that time and for that month, reception strength has remained at 1 bar around the building and remains non-existent in my office. Another call to Vodafone escalated it further - " there will be upgrades happening in the next 2 month". Vodafone may as well have bots repeating these canned response which are meant to entice you to stay. Guess what I will be doing to ensure my phone works as it should.

• 2 helpful votes

Crap crap crap

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

Vodafone used to be a top company! Until all the sudden i can't get a decent reception in my own home and can't connect to my internet. Even my 3G data was so slow that i couldn't load anything up! This entity has gone down hill... And i won't be renewing that is for sure.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Do not trust the sales operators!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

I was informed by the sales operator that he could match the online offer and give me an extra small discount if I organise my phone plan with him. I only received half the Qantas Frequently flyer points. Not the amount stated in the online offer. I called up and after a half hour wait, I was informed the balance would follow. Still nothing. What a bunch of liars.

Deceiving assurance.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

Seriously VODAFONE, your Customer Service is very disappointing/lousy! You kept putting me on hold, transferred my call to different departments, and the ending? No solution!!! Do not give assurance to your customer if it is not true! That is deceiving! And GREAT JOB Customer Service! MY 1hr and 20mins (to be exact) was just wasted!!!

Below average

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2016

Vodafone's extremely cheap, now I know why. Terrible network reliability and speeds, probably one of the worst websites I've ever used, it's always down for maintenance. Value for money is ok, customer service is decent for anything non technical (account problems, online payment issues ect). Reception is terrible, an average of 1 to 2 bars maximum on 4G (3 to 4 bars with telstras 4G). I've been with Vodafone for over 10 years with no problems, but since using my phone for more online activities, Vodafone's flaws have become really apparent. Save yourself some time and hassle, pay a bit extra and go for telstra.

Sydney

Overbilling

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2016

Have signed a contract with Vodafone for almost 2 years now and they provide the decent data reception. Although, I have been charged $10 additional to my usual bill of $87 every month which is ridiculous considering I check everyday for my remaining data, turning it off whenever it reaches 200mb or less. The remaining data level in the Vodafone app is completely unreliable, updating itself every 24 hours and the alternative method of checking through texting 1315 always states a false number causing you to go over your real limit. I will never a contract with them again and would rather go with virgin mobile.

1 of 4 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.