Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Coverage woes

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Mobile coverage is good in major urban areas, but good help you if you need to make a call out of town (or even in a small town). If you need coverage out of the city be warned, but if your a city dweller they are ok

• 1 review

Poor mobile data

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2018

Boy am i sick of your variable mobile data access which drops out multiple times a day, for long periods. I have no intention of taking out another plan with Vodafone

Brisbane

• 78 comments
  • 12 questions
  • 132 answers
  • 40 helpful votes

New number is not new, they want an extra $20 to change it

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

When the 2G was turned off, my Father needed a new phone. We bought him a new phone. The SIM card was the wrong size but he still had $20 Vodafone prepaid credit and he had this phone number since 2000 when he was Telstra. He ported the Telstra number to Vodafone five years ago.

I told him to go to Vodafone because they would happily update his SIM and port his number, since he is already a Vodafone customer.

Unfortunately some kind of misunderstanding (even though the SIM has a Vodafone logo on it) the sales person put a new SIM with new number (because Vodafone number) and said it would cost him $50, but they would only charge $30. He complained that he thought they would just be able to fix his existing SIM which had credit. They explained that he was getting the $20 back and only paying $30.
So he tells me that getting a new Vodafone number is the best option for him and he is happy with their service.
Next day there is an advert somewhere and it appears that the discounted $50 deal he got for $30 is actually the standard Vodafone $49 that was being offered to new customers for $29.
So I sent him back to get his old number ported to his new SIM, but they could not find a way to help him. Obviously he is a low value customer.
The biggest issue has been the constant text messages about failed banking transactions, debt collectors, urgent requests for him to update his details via link, etc.
I suspected SPAM but some of the messages appear to be due to this number being very recently used by someone else (or someone else is mistyping their new mobile number).
He doesn't have this SIM in a smartphone so he hasn't been tricked by clicking on the embedded link to SPAMworld.
He went back to Vodafone and asked for assistance or a replacement phone number, but they said the stuff ups in the beginning were not their fault so a new number would cost $20 and he would have to contact Vodafone call centre.
Obviously they consider him a low value customer.
There are cheaper ways to get a new phone number. eg. ALDI, TPG, Kogan etc

So bye bye Vodafone. ......

Queensland

Billing issues

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

I contacted Vodafone to pay off my handset to reduce my debt on the phone. Instead of increasing it by $50 per month which I requested ( including my normal bill) they have applied the WHOLE cost onto my bill. $892.00 later they want to put me on a payment plan to reduce it. Threatened me with cutting off my service when all I wanted to do was reduce the cost of my handset. Have spoken to 6 different people and have not been provided any solutions. Basically pay the whole lot, or be on a payment plan. I have paid for the whole thing, I know own my phone and will not be renewing my service when I can get better deals elsewhere for less money and hassle. Feeling that i'm being punished for trying to pay off a bill earlier, you would think they would want that money sooner.
Not happy with the service, wait times or how something so simple has become really expensive for me.

Threatening and disrespect

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

So basically i forget to turnoff my hotspot and the data runs about 16GB that day, and vodafone send me just one text message (they believe they sent 9 messages). I ask for advice that whether i can turn off the mobile data and just making phone calls, therefore there will be no extra charges in the next few days until reset. But they are keep pushing a deal of a $720 yearly plan to let me upgrade to solve the problem. Put simply, they believe either i upgrade to a $720 plan or otherwise i will get screwed if i keep using my mobile, and their way of speaking with a customer is absolutely aggressive. When i ask whether the surcharge on that day can be offset, they threaten me and said "i can see you didn't pay your bill, and is already overdue for 1 day, but i paid just 10 min before i made a phone call. It looks like he want to say "you didn't even damn pay your bill, why looking trouble on me?" They said im speaking too fast, but they were talking like a bullet, and interrupt me many times before i want to say something which is absolutely non-professional and rude. Until i speak to the other operators said i want to cancel my vodafone contract, they willing to upgrade my plan for $45 a month. Have been with vodafone for 4 years, and that's what i get for paying over $60 every month

SYDNEY

• 2 answers
  • 26 helpful votes

Verified Customer

No Help With Premium SMS Fraud

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

The patronising and condescending attitude of the customer service people (Australian) who are there to help is laughable. I reported a fraudulent charge for a Premium SMS service I have never heard of or registered for. I spoke with an off shore consultant and had to SPELL every second word. I asked to be transferred to Australia and was told it was all my own fault! I am not an idiot and didn't "accidentally sign up to a gaming service" as the consultant suggested. They have offered zero assistance and told me to call the scammer's listed help line. It's a SCAM!!! They are not intending to refund any charges or to publish a warning to customers on their website so I have reported the whole matter to the TIO (Ombudsman) "coincidentally", the day after I did that, I received a "special offer" for a discounted something or rather. Clowns.

Profit

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

I am not satisfied, been with vodafone ever since and with a little problem they wont help you, you call them and you will pay more for waiting too long.

• 4 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 29 helpful votes
Private message

Overpriced and not great customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2018

Was with Vodafone for about 6 years +. Left them in Jan after being disappointed with their pricing and lack of decent offers to existing customers. I found their service to be slow and often in my area I wouldn't get reception in my house (in the suburbs of Brisbane). I tried of their 'customer service' call centres calling me to try get me to stay with them or resign a new contract, particularly as the deals on the phone were always different.

The thing I hated most was getting '1GB of data added' when I went over my data - I only had 1GB of data, and used to sometimes run out just before the new data was due to start, and then they would top up a day before the new month and barely use 10MB., I said to them on facebook, why they couldnt charge me for the 10MB I used pro-rata etc. Anyhoo, they did that to me about 5 times and this was the thing that ultimately lost me as a customer. I believe they finally changed that policy, but it was too late.

I left to go to Moose Mobile and loved them!

Sydney

Private message

Recharge difficult & connection reliability also questionable

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2018

Numerous times I've needed to use the recharge service for internet/ data. It is very inconvenient in the middle of studying online to not have your mobile phone provider offer reliable & consistent recharge services. Always technical issues over the weekend when trying to recharge- to continue not only as as an online student who needs the internet, but as someone trying to get home on public transport & communicate whilst doing so. Too many times now

Brisbane

Private message

Very hit and miss with the customer service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I purchased my iPhone 7plus through Vodafone a couple of months ago. I took it out of its packaging and turned it on only to find it had a permanent line across the screen and ended up malfunctioning. I returned it to Vodafone and was told to go directly to Apple who would replace it for me. I felt that this was not right however was unsure so made the trip to the Apple shop. They told me no, as I suspected it is Vodafone who need to replace this. I returned to the Vodafone shop and told the employee this and she said 'oh yes, we can return it for you'. Needless to say I was extremely annoyed. This experience and the way I was treated was upsetting so I decided to go in to a different store. The staff there were very helpful and explained everything clearly to me. It is this reason I have given them a 2/5. Very hit and miss with the customer service and staff knowledge of procedures.

Melbourne

Private message

Hard work to deal with them...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

At first, the support representative didn't want to cancel a unused service. I was no longer in contract, it should have been easy.

They finally told me their department for cancellations wasn't open at this time - but strangely enough, were more than happy for me to transfer my contract to someone else (friend, family member, etc.) Funny how that works, isn't it?

The apparent problem I had with this seemed to confound the support person.

When I rang back during the hours they specified, I got another chap on support who finally decided to let me cancel... Excellent. I remained calm and it appears that got the job done. I thanked him for his time.

But then a month and a half later, I got another bill in the inbox (!)

I needed to ring back again to cancel an invoice for a service I no longer had. It's good thing I kept all my account and private code details. I remained calm and they cancelled the invoice.

Let's see if my account is really cancelled this time. I guess time will tell.

It really ought not to be this difficult - this sort of thing should be achievable through their web portal, but one gets the impression they are desperate to hold onto as many customers as possible.

Not good.

Reedy Creek

• 2 answers

Verified Customer

Worst Coverage: Stinging Exit Fees

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

Postpaid plan. Great value - $57 monthly including up to 15Gb... but we travelled from Brisbane to Tassie (via Coast road) & back (via inland Hume Highway) and it didn’t matter which stretch of Highway, town or locality we went thru or stopped at, my mates Optus coverage was always at least 1 bar better, mostly 2 bars better and all too often they had some coverage while I had none... I reluctantly went back to Optus (Amaysim) for about the same price but my call quality and download speeds have improved dramatically. Then, after 8 months with Voda I got stung with $202 exit fee!

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Bad customer service and misleading info

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Very unssatisfied, with a 9GB sevice and an $80 plan plus handset x2 paying almost minimum of $400and a maximum bill of $600 why because everytime you go over 1gig $10. What is amazing even you used wifi at home and your mobile data is off and you still get charge. And when you pay the due for activation of service when you speak to another operator next day they said need to pay additional $$110 dollars in advance for the payment for next bill. I ask how can you pay service in advance when you haven’t used it yet. And still insist for you to pay for it before they will activate the service. The guy that i spoken to earlier he said i only need to pay $560 which is overdue plus all the interest and all other fees. From one to another transfer the call reassure that it will connected and still have to repeat over and over. Its like paying $80 plan x 3 for a month. Calls etc and customer service are so rude. She could of have offer or ask any option to pay off the bill on a split payment in consideration for being with them for almost 8 years.
It’s so ridiculous he even told me off and did sermon me for not paying and in fact its a lie telling i havent paid my bill for 6 months. And I said hello one month of being late i get barred telling nonsense of 6 months i havent paid.
He didnt even apologise when he realised he is wrong.
Now that im not with them even though they have good offer maybe because when intold them that almost 8 of my family have gone to another service provider cos their service terrible and expensive.
The only thing i can say is make sure you check your bill and ensure that your getting the righ deal rather than paying so much for a crap service.

Sydney

Poor coverage, plan

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

I was with Vodafone for more than 2 years. At that time I was in a 24-month phone plan, which was about $50 a month, and they deposited directly from my bank account.
The network was disappoiting. I lived in a populated area in Sydney. My location was supposed to be covered, but my phone could always receive no signal when I was in my home! I asked some friends, and found I was not the individual case - all the Vodafone users complained such issues!
Also, they will never let you that your phone plan was going to expired. If it did expire, they would still charge you the amount as you were in a phone plan, until someday you realise and ask them to stop that.
After some months my phone plan was expired, I switched to Telstra. Goodbye Vodafone, never ever think about getting me back again.

$40 SIM card package that didn't activate and you need to wait 24 hours to get resolved.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

I perchased a $40 12.5GB SIM card for my phone to use while I'm back home in Sydney for two months and I went through the process of activating it and gave all my details and drivers lisence number and it didn't activate. I waited a day thinking it would and nothing happened I contacted them today and they said it was an issue from there side. And was told I needed to wait 24hours for the issue to be solved. I didn't buy the card to have to wait to use it. I needed it straight away! If I knew it would be such an issue I would have gone to a different company. And I bought the same card at the time for my parent. Such an annoying start to my trip.

aldinga beach

• 8 comments
  • 22 answers
  • 24 helpful votes
Private message

be very careful and know your rights

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

a rep called me offering a super special. I could keep my $22 plan , extend for 24 months and get a free tablet with 3 gig of data.. a few times I asked are you sure I would not pay more than $22 to Vodafone per month total.. answer was yes... ok, that appears great.. of course I would do it... no.. it actually meant I would pay $22 for my phone plan and an extra $22 for the 3 gig with a free tablet for 24 months... I became suspicious after a day or 2 and rang Vodafone to cancel after confirming I would have to pay $44 per month total to Vodafone. they wouldn't let me cancel. point blank NO you are stuck with it.... my daughter then went to a store in the shopping centre and told them the story. the lovely lady actually fixed the problem saying that of course I could cancel within 7 days. NO FUSS.. she is the only redeaming feature that allows 2 stars.... so be very careful and know your rights...

Bad services

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

Vodafone

The reliable of the nextwork coverage was neither good or bad. The services of the signals were terrible in regards to my area.

My plans is a postpaid account on the sim only contract and said it is no lock in contract but when I used it to the timeframe that my contract it wouldn't let me quit my service.

Service and customer rating is 1.5/10

I wish vodafone have to improve its services.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Not good. Don't recommend it.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2017

Very unreliable. Doesn't work in most places. My plan is almost a rip-off as it almost never works. Usually when I use it it will stop working randomly and I am out in the open with no interference whatsoever.

Pink, Ohio

• 1 question
  • 16 answers

Bad customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

Everytime i ring Vodafone I cant understand a word there saying at all and im always say "pardin pardon i cant understand you
And when ive had someone that speaks a bit clearer well they just talked right over me and asking me the same question 4 or 5 times!! My plan is up soon n im dreading to call them

Springwood

• 3 comments
  • 4 questions
  • 6 answers

No overseas roaming

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

I landed at London's Heathrow airport and turned on my phone. There was no signal indicating that the phone was useless to use in the UK. But I was not to be without a phone. I went to a UK Vodafone shop and got a prepaid sim card. I was unable to top it up electronically because I didn't have a UK home address. So I just visited a UK Vodafone shop of which there are many in the UK and they loaded it for me and activated it for me too. It meant a changed phone number but at least I could arrange accommodation in advance and keep in touch with family back here in Australia.

1 of 5 pages