Liverpool, NSW

Improving it’s service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Vodafone has improved its service a lot more than before. I have a postpaid plan so I get unlimited calls and text throughout the nation. I also get 90 minutes international calls. For $40 a month, it’s not bad. Although, I am not completely satisfied with their service, I hope it will get better.

Gold Coast

Verified Customer

Ups and downs, but mainly quite good

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

I have been with Vodafone for about 4 years now. And in general, everything has been ok.
- My network coverage has been very good. Very few places I have had poor network coverage.
- I'm on a 12 month contract. $36 for 10GB and Unlimited texts/calls.
- My plan is decent value for money. But phone plans are becoming more data heavy in general.
- The customer service has been ok, but they call me too often to try and get me to upgrade plans or upgrade my phone. Even after I requested they didn't.
- I travelled China for 1 month and used the $5 per day roaming. It worked great. Very happy with this.

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 5 answers

Verified Customer

Everything more or less ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

I just switched to Vodafone. I was impressed with their no interest phone purchase plan with no exit fees. Purchased the Note 8. Had a bit of a problem getting them to implement the bonus data offer but on the second try it was all in place.
One word of warning! You cannot turn off the automatic data recharge, so when you exceed your monthly data quota they will start charging you at an horrendous rate. Most phones you can set to stop using the 4g data after a set limit, so I encourage everyone to check this.
I think it's criminal that you cannot turn off the automatic recharge from your Vodafone account. It obviously makes them a lot of money.
Network coverage seems to be ok around Melbourne.

Morley

Private message

Decent price and interest free phone payment

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

I recently switched to Vodafone from Optus. I was attracted by their phone installment plan and month to month contracts. So far no issues and data speeds are similar to Optus.

Mitcham

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
Private message

It provides what you need

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

Network coverage become zero when you travel further up or down from Melbourne.
My plan contains international calls where Sri Lanka is not listed. So pretty much it is waste but it contains more data.
Recently they have removed me from their existing plan and deliberately switched me to new plan. That was really bad.

Automatically adding data

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2017

I'll be changing from Vodafone because they add data automatically I was once charged an extra $200!! Because I fell asleep I have to leave 100MB a month just so I don't get charged extra.

Signal is as good as telstra

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

I am with vodafone for 2 years. In the car park of apartment, no signal with vodafone but it's ok with my other telstra mobile.

• 2 comments
Private message

Customer services need better training

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

We have three plans with Vodaphone for seven years they were good at some stage but the worse thing when having an issue, you need long time to spend with the customer services on the phone, also they don't care if the company loose customers, however thank you Vodaphone for the years we were together, we are moving to another company.

Parafield gardens

• 1 comment

Ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

As a valuable customer of Vodafone for the last four years I can give you my recommendation. Plans with Vodafone are terrible if like me you use ALOT of data. I paid a ridiculous amount for the plan, probably 3 times as much as the phone would of cost me outright brand new!
Thankfully I am no longer on a plan, HOWEVER I can give better feedback on prepaid and value is alot better. Also data add ons are amazing. Would recommend pre paid not plans. In some areas service could be better. Reception in my house is crap.

Very slow internet speed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Reliable network coverage on my post paid plan,good value for money,havent really used the customer service but the internet is very slow sometimes.

Brisbane

Average

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

I am an ex Vodafone user and i found that there service is poor and they are not helpful and that it is over priced. You are much better off with a better value for money plan for your phone.

Wollongong

• 2 questions
  • 4 answers

Voda OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2017

Reception so so, get 2 to 3 bars Wollongong, 1 bar woonona
Post paid

Vodafone reception still iffy in some locations. Support for upgrading early after smashed iPhone excellent. Iphone 7 plus upgrade from 6s plus Great and renewing to iPhone 8 in 12 months.
Every carrier has its advantages and disadvantages, I stay with Vodafone due to good outcomes when I have problems.

Mixed bag

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

My overall experience with Vodafone has been OK. A few hurdles at the beginning but I haven't had any issues since then. When I first signed up, I was not accepted for cover because of my credit history. I paid to get a credit check done by the same agency they use and it came back 100% clean. The staff at the store couldn't tell me why and I have up after 30 minutes on hold to the call centre.

Ended up signing up under my partners plan, shared data and international minutes are great. I have had good experience with their online support and phone support. The Vodafone app is functional. They let us upgrade mid contract which was a bonus.

All in all i am satisfied but it's nothing to write home about, will happily jump ship for a better price at the end of my contract

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Bad signal

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2016

Very bad signal.from my train station(Carlton) up to (Bondi) i can get more then one bar, five years now. I think it's time to update there network.

Private message

Cheap Plan. Bad Coverage.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2016

The coverage is good in urban areas. It does not cover mountain or rural areas as I went on a road trip with my friend. We received no reception at all, which did cause some trouble for us to find our way to the destination.
I will recommend vodafone service to those who need a cheap plan, make international calls and rarely travel.

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Manager Hangs Up In Your Face

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2016

Do not bother joining them!!! The managers even ruder than the staff, they hang up the phone in your face and they do not give you a chance to speak. I am paying more for a galaxy S6 on a worse plan than the plan they have released recently for the new handset the galaxy S7 and I'm telling them that I am willing to pay the same amount for my current handset, if they only increase my data from 3gbs to 6gbs which you get with the galaxy S7 for less than what I'm currently paying. Rubbish company can't wait for my contract to finish to finally leave them!!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Started off well

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2016

I am on the $35 month to month plan and was easily able to switch between the month to month plans when i first signed up. Now I can only change to the Red plans which are completely different. I also have trouble logging in in the website every time i try. Going to switch providers.

• 5 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 14 answers
  • 113 helpful votes

Cheap and Nasty

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2015

OK, I've tried all the options for telecommunications in Australia. Let's face it, its a horror story.

When I signed up with Vodafone they stated that I would be able to access their Australian call centre!!!!! More lies, I've used the call centre six times, each time due to incorrect billing.

Each time I was forwarded to an off shore call centre!!!! When I asked to be connected to an Australian call centre they refused.

So much for truth in advertising.

sydney

• 8 helpful votes

Their Outsourced Call Center In India

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2015

Just got off the phone with their afterhours call center agent call. Looks like they have a quota to make sure that no customers were escalated to cancel/terminate service. They told me that they are going to transfer me to a supervisor but the so-called supervisor just hung on me!

*Updated* They later tried to call me the next morning and apologizing for the technical fault. Also offered me a solution when I experience the same network issue in the future. Guessed I should give them some credit in service recovery.

1 of 3 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

Answer this

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

We live in Adelaide by the beach and look st the cell tower.
Have to go outside to stop drop outs.
Had a rate change early feb 2018.
Did not go well.
Got ripped off.
40.00 for 30GB.
Cannot drop vodafone.
All talk and LIP service.

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.