i guess I won’t recommend Vodafone

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Wanted to transfer details for a prepaid number. A process that takes 30mins to 4 hrs turns into a 48 hour process because of an “error”. Although I am a prepaid customer, I’ve been using Vodafone $40 prepaid for 2 Years now, and I am so unsatisfied with the inexperienced staff in store and the long wait.

Mareeba

• 2 comments
  • 6 answers

Value for money Bundle!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I got a new bundle offer from Vodaphone and was satisfied with what I got. The bundle included a band new iphone 8 and the RED plan. The phone arrived in 3 days time and setting up was easy. Have not had any issues yet. Coverage is pretty ok for where I am.

Problem solved.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

After a few days calling and struggling to solve my problem they came out with a good solution. Service is ok.

Brisbane

• 11 helpful votes

pricy and patchy coverage

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

We just visited Wineglass Bay in Tasmania, and while my brother had service with Aldi mobile, and my Dad with Optus, I had no service at all with my vodaphone plan. I have switched to Aldi Mobile because it's A. cheaper, and B. actually has phone coverage

Liverpool, NSW

Improving it’s service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Vodafone has improved its service a lot more than before. I have a postpaid plan so I get unlimited calls and text throughout the nation. I also get 90 minutes international calls. For $40 a month, it’s not bad. Although, I am not completely satisfied with their service, I hope it will get better.

• 1 review
Private message

Vodafone - terrible service but you get there in the end

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

I had a difficult time organising a 60 dollar red plan but now everything seems to have been sorted. There are some specials that are not bad.

Gold Coast

Verified Customer

Ups and downs, but mainly quite good

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

I have been with Vodafone for about 4 years now. And in general, everything has been ok.
- My network coverage has been very good. Very few places I have had poor network coverage.
- I'm on a 12 month contract. $36 for 10GB and Unlimited texts/calls.
- My plan is decent value for money. But phone plans are becoming more data heavy in general.
- The customer service has been ok, but they call me too often to try and get me to upgrade plans or upgrade my phone. Even after I requested they didn't.
- I travelled China for 1 month and used the $5 per day roaming. It worked great. Very happy with this.

• 3 comments
  • 5 answers

Verified Customer

Everything more or less ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

I just switched to Vodafone. I was impressed with their no interest phone purchase plan with no exit fees. Purchased the Note 8. Had a bit of a problem getting them to implement the bonus data offer but on the second try it was all in place.
One word of warning! You cannot turn off the automatic data recharge, so when you exceed your monthly data quota they will start charging you at an horrendous rate. Most phones you can set to stop using the 4g data after a set limit, so I encourage everyone to check this.
I think it's criminal that you cannot turn off the automatic recharge from your Vodafone account. It obviously makes them a lot of money.
Network coverage seems to be ok around Melbourne.

Morley

• 1 review
Private message

Decent price and interest free phone payment

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

I recently switched to Vodafone from Optus. I was attracted by their phone installment plan and month to month contracts. So far no issues and data speeds are similar to Optus.

Mitcham

• 1 question
Private message

It provides what you need

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

Network coverage become zero when you travel further up or down from Melbourne.
My plan contains international calls where Sri Lanka is not listed. So pretty much it is waste but it contains more data.
Recently they have removed me from their existing plan and deliberately switched me to new plan. That was really bad.

The iwatch3 cannot make call with Vodafone company

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Now the Iwatch 3 can make call with vodafone. And it’s working ok. Have 3 months free try. That’s very good for loyalty customer.

Automatically adding data

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2017

I'll be changing from Vodafone because they add data automatically I was once charged an extra $200!! Because I fell asleep I have to leave 100MB a month just so I don't get charged extra.

Signal is as good as telstra

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

I am with vodafone for 2 years. In the car park of apartment, no signal with vodafone but it's ok with my other telstra mobile.

• 2 comments
Private message

Customer services need better training

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

We have three plans with Vodaphone for seven years they were good at some stage but the worse thing when having an issue, you need long time to spend with the customer services on the phone, also they don't care if the company loose customers, however thank you Vodaphone for the years we were together, we are moving to another company.

Parafield gardens

• 1 comment

Ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

As a valuable customer of Vodafone for the last four years I can give you my recommendation. Plans with Vodafone are terrible if like me you use ALOT of data. I paid a ridiculous amount for the plan, probably 3 times as much as the phone would of cost me outright brand new!
Thankfully I am no longer on a plan, HOWEVER I can give better feedback on prepaid and value is alot better. Also data add ons are amazing. Would recommend pre paid not plans. In some areas service could be better. Reception in my house is crap.

Very slow internet speed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Reliable network coverage on my post paid plan,good value for money,havent really used the customer service but the internet is very slow sometimes.

Brisbane

Average

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

I am an ex Vodafone user and i found that there service is poor and they are not helpful and that it is over priced. You are much better off with a better value for money plan for your phone.

melbouene

Voda OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2017

Reception so so, get 2 to 3 bars Wollongong, 1 bar woonona
Post paid

Vodafone reception still iffy in some locations. Support for upgrading early after smashed iPhone excellent. Iphone 7 plus upgrade from 6s plus Great and renewing to iPhone 8 in 12 months.
Every carrier has its advantages and disadvantages, I stay with Vodafone due to good outcomes when I have problems.

Mixed bag

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

My overall experience with Vodafone has been OK. A few hurdles at the beginning but I haven't had any issues since then. When I first signed up, I was not accepted for cover because of my credit history. I paid to get a credit check done by the same agency they use and it came back 100% clean. The staff at the store couldn't tell me why and I have up after 30 minutes on hold to the call centre.

Ended up signing up under my partners plan, shared data and international minutes are great. I have had good experience with their online support and phone support. The Vodafone app is functional. They let us upgrade mid contract which was a bonus.

All in all i am satisfied but it's nothing to write home about, will happily jump ship for a better price at the end of my contract

1 of 3 pages

I am switching from a very old phone to an updated model. The new one requires a micro-sim card ( My old phone has the normal sized sim). There is no Vodafone Store to switch cards in/near Hervey Bay, can this be done over the phone and what info do I need to tell them??

JohnT asked on Jul 18, 2018

Answer this

Hi, your Sim card can be broken down, if you pull it out and look at it, you will see lines on it and in between those lines are tiny little joins that hold it together. Just snap the outer part off and presto you have a mini Sim. If your Sim is so ancient it doesn't have it then yes ring up and they should post one out

It must be ancient as there are no lines or joins. Thanks for the answer and I will give Vodafone a ring.

With my vodafone device (Vodafone smart ultra 7) where in NZ would I be able to purchase a battery? Or what's the product number for the battery?

Sammie asked on Jun 07, 2018

i have visited the nearest vodafone store with my passport to have my phone activated after having my phone repaired and a new sim card only to be told it cant be done because the passport number did not match, can you please tell me what else i can do to have my phone reactivated.thank you

yannis asked on Jun 02, 2018

Answer this

If you have other forms of ID like bills, sosial security card, Medicare, key card then take them to your nearest store and this should be enough. If that fails you can arrange a photo ID key pass at your local police station for about $30. They cannot refuse photo ID.