melbourne, VIC

Private message

prepaid vodafone not cheap but its good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I like this mobile network as my prepaid card because when i run out my data, I still could access their top up website without problem. they also provide vodafone application for us to do recharge or track our used history.
for the price is fair. 1st customer offer 50% off. thats good deal.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Windsor

Private message

Best data for money, good value, loyal customers get better deals

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Fantastic, answers quick and can usually sort out everything, live chat is simple and it is easy to use online

Melbourne

Human interaction

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

When I was with Vodafone a few years ago their coverage was not very good which was frustrating but I stayed as they were the cheapest.
I remember when my son was in hospital for a few night crying and so I used alot of data trying to distract him from the discomfort and pain he was in. My bill that month was a few hundred dollars.
I rang Vodaphone and the Customer Service Officer was very understanding and waived the charges. I couldn't believe it, it was really great to know they do care for their customers.
I did change companies but only bc I needed the better coverage but I heard they have improved so will be returning. I hope that Vodaphone reads this and continue to allow their staff to exercise compassion when necessary. This is what keeps or brings your customers back and builds a good reputation.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Vodafone has been great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

I have been with vodafone all of my mobile life and although had the odd issue and network coverage issue but other than that i have never really had a problem. I am however moving over to Telstra for their apple music deal but would happily go back to Vodafone in a heartbeat.

Darwin

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Mobile data charges

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2017

Replaced old Vodafone with a Smart Mini 7 - Balance of around $30+, almost immediately dropped down to $12.38 when I had only made one call and sent one text. On checking usage I found that after installing my Prepaid SIM card from old mobile to new one that there was a charge of $17 plus for PKT data usage. It continued to charge every few minutes charging a couple of cents each time until I contacted Vodafone and they advised me to check if the 'mobile data' was turned on, if so I could turn it off. To cut a long story short the 'mobile data' on my new phone was turned on and it appears that it was automatically downloading updates. I am very disappointed that this happened as I did not turn the 'mobile data' on on my phone and I lost a lot of my credit. On checking my 92 old Mother's usage I found that she had lost over $25 with the same thing and there is no way she would have turned on 'mobile data'. On the positive side - as a family of three seniors who use Vodafone's 365 prepaid on our phones, in case of emergency, we have been very happy for a number of years.

Narre Warren North

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

I've been with Vodafone for 2 months and haven't had any problems. They were very helpful from start to finish, helping me chose a package which suited my requirements, transferring my mobile phone number from the previous provider and then taking me through everything to make sure I understood it all. I wasn't rushed, pressured or forced into anything. Thank you Amanda for all your help.

Good service, long waits on hold

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

Overall happy with Vodafone's service and coverage, but I always have to wait on hold when I call CS. Customer Service is always helpful though when I do get through

Good pay as you go package for an overseas visitor

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2016

Great value for 30 dollars a month, free Australia calls and texts, plus 2gb download. Much better than we can get with Vodafone uk! Extremely helpful staff in the local Vodafone shop, swapped the sim for us, set up the iPhone and checked the international call charges for us. Top up is easy, would like this in the UK....

Much better customer service and price than Telstra

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2016

I signed up with Vodafone about 2 1/2 years ago. Was on $130/month plan with Telstra and had trouble dealing with customer service so thought i would change. Have found the customer service with Vodafone miles better. Easier to get through, they call you back and they sort things out. Same unlimited plan with phone costs $70/month. Am very happy i switched.

Melbourne, VIC

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Works where I live

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

Network is quite reliable in the inner suburbs and I am forced to use Telstra when I am travelling as no one can match their coverage.
But Vodafone is excellent value for money. Got my sim only plan when there was a promotion. $50 for unlimited calls in Australia and overseas and 11GB of 4G data.
Customer service over the phone and in store sucks but the live chat is a good option. Looks the like the live chat team comprises of experienced staff

The customer carer by name Sumeet is strongly helpful

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2016

Hi vodafone team, I used with vodaphone last 4 years and it was great experience amaging network but when I joined shared plan they said it's prepaid and after 4 years I found some other providers are reasonable then vodafone so I tried changed provider and when I called to stop my plan they said now this is postpaid not prepaid. What a disgust, they recommended me when I joined they said shared plan are prepaid but infact it was postpaid and long story to stop with vodafone but ultimately I have finished vodafone and paid them every single cent and started some else. After 5 days they sent me bill what a crap who sent me shamless bill for nothing. I was shocked and need to contact again but thankfully I have talked to right person Mr. Sumeet who helped to me got rid of that bill and guided properly and made my day as I was so upset since I got bill for nothing. Thank you thank you so much Sumeet you deserve to be there where you work. I reccomend people when you want solution for vodafone just talk to Sumeet you will get what really need from vodafone. Thanks Sumeet once again. Very happy!

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Excellent fast service with "ok" support!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2016

Vodafone is a great provider, very high availability, support is "ok" though it could use a lot of improving.

Have been with Vodafone for 2 years now and I can say with certainty that I'll be staying with them for a very long time.

Signal is great (3G everywhere, 4G in 80% of places) speed is very good even at peak times and never drops outs, phone always working.

Thank you Vodafone!

Switched from Telstra

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2016

Switched from Telstra – cheaper plan for more mobile data (though it was a special offer), and same on SMS and calls. No noticeable differences in reception, and the Vodafone app is much better than Telstra's. Did have a slight issue with customer service however. I switched to a sim-only contract, which I bought online. I wanted to retain the same number (what they call "porting" the number across), but there was a slight hiccup, as the Telstra contract was in another person's name. Vodafone's website informed me that the port would be simple, and all I needed was the other person's permission for it to occur. However, when I actually called Vodafone to do this, I was informed that I needed to transfer the Telstra contract into my own name, which required oodles of paperwork and a credit check. (The Vodafone rep I spoke to on the phone wasn't very helpful and difficult to understand, though I was able to get through very quickly). So I gave up and just went with the new number. Vodafone need to update or clarify their website on this issue.

Bayswater

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2016

Been with them for years (before i was with "Three"). no problems best company by far with the best plans and best 4g as long as you don't go beyond the limit.

Excellent Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2016

I ported over my prepaid number from Telstra on seeing a good offer and I must say that I was surprised by the excellent quality of Service from Vodafone.

The order online was quite easy; verification requirement me emailing a few docs and I received the new device in a few days. Porting the number was quite easy (and when the phone disconnected the agent called me back immediately). While the customer service seems to be Indian they are quite knowledgeable and easy to understand. Only negative I can think of is automated emails from their support asking me to send some docs even though the new service is now active (the customer care team have now asked me to just ignore these emails). If this didn't occur I would have given 5 stars.

Very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2016

Im surprised at how many bad reviews there are for Vodafone but a lot of it is about the customer service and I haven't needed to call Vodafone that often but when I have they have been helpful and friendly. I'm am very happy with Vodafone anyway since I have come traveling Australia. I'm only on pay as you go but to be able to top up $50 and I've got 10G data free calls home to England and friends in America and other stuff. I never have to pay more than that $50 a month which is amazing and I use use my phone a lot. I recommend people traveling to use Vodafone while you are here

Canberra, ACT

• 17 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

After 20 years of digital mobile Service with Vodafone, I can say that:

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2016

I have been on a plan of some form since 1996 with Vodafone (only ever a digital service, I never used them on Analogue).

Over the years, Service coverage has fluctuated and I have often noted that people on Telstra would have service in certain locations I didn't, however in other locations the reverse was true. And every single time the cost and terms of my Vodafone compared to Telstra were better, sometimes 50% of the cost.
Good advice prior switching to any provider, have a close look at coverage maps. the places I go where I have no coverage, no carrier has coverage.

Although being a 20 year customer I have never had any significant loyalty benefits.. Something ALL mobile carriers need to look at.

I've never had issues with customer service, I've needed to use customer service 3 times in 20 years.

Their plan + phone deals have always suited me, and I've tended to upgrade to reasonably market leading handsets within close timeframes to their initial release.. Sometimes adopting a new handset day one.

When people complain, and wonder how Vodafone can stay in business, it's most likely because customers like me are more common than not.

(As a side note, for my second pre-paid phone, I use an Aldi Sim.. not Vodafone.)

Melbourne

Had mobile with Vodafone for 10 years - always happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2016

Customer service is great. The technical team can answer anything. Advice is always helpful. Products great. Happy with price deals

Adelaide

• 9 helpful votes

Never had a problem

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2016

I've been with Vodafone for over 5 years and have never had a problem. The plan I'm on suits my needs well (phone plus 1 gig of data and $250 worth of credit for $32 a month). The more recent addition of an extra gig of data when you go over your data limit for $10 is great and has saved me a lot on my bill. I'm fortunate enough to not have to have dealt with customer service much so I can't really comment on that side of things but the service and coverage is adequate for the price you pay.

• 2 helpful votes

Pretty Good Now

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2016

I've got to say, Vodafone have picked up their game in a big way. A couple of drop outs here and there, but not often and on the data front, the speed it excellent. I run speed test at home and it obliterates my ADSL2 connection from Foxtel Broadband (disconnected). I generally get over 8mbps. Service has been great for over a year now.

1 of 3 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.