• 15 helpful votes

Going Downhill

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2012

Vodafone used to be good when I started with them six years ago but now quite frankly they suck don't go there. Customer service is terrible you talk to someone in India who does not give a crap about your problem.

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 14 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2012

I signed up with Vodafone 3 weeks ago on a $45 infinite plan. At the time I asked what the Vodafone service was like and if I would get good service at home. I was told that service at my home was in a normal service area and was told the overall service would be better as the system had just been upgraded. That was on a Saturday, everything seemed fine. Then on the Tuesday I had no service at home and it is still the same now. I emailed them about the problem and believe it or not I received a cut and paste answer about their service and that was it. I emailed them back and they denied and service problems. (BTW it takes up to 5 days for a response, does that tell you anything?) Then I decided to have a look on the net and do a search for "Vodafone service problems" and pages came up from everywhere. These problems have been going on for months now Australia wide and it seems everyone has been getting the same [censored word removed] response as I have. Don't even think about calling them unless you have at least an hour or 2 spare. I will be complaining to the TIO and asking them to cancel my contract. It seems from what I have read on the net, thousands of others have done the same. Maybe if they stopped putting so much money into race cars etc. they may be able to provide a decent service.

+ Absolutely Nothing. Do your homework before signing up with this company. Do not believe what they say in-store about their mobile phone reception.

- Very poor reception, Customer Service Lie when you make a complaint.

14 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

SYDNEY

Absolutely dismal

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2012

I've been with Vodafone for a long time. At one stage, its coverage was great; better than Telstra. Now, it is absolutely terrible. I hardly ever get through on a first attempt at a call. I hardly ever receive a call without it dropping out. Frequently people call me and it doesn't even go through. I get text messages days after they were sent to me; and frequently can't send text messages. My business relies on the phone, and i can't use it. i have called Vodafone, who appear to get a lot of calls like mine. They are offering me the chance to break my contract without penalty, but I have to pay for the phone. I said I'd think about it, as I don't want to give them another cent, for I have wasted so much already.

I would never recommend Vodafone to anyone ever again...

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Don't go with Vodafone until you've read this!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2012

I cancelled my contract because of a series of mistakes by Vodafone such as not updating new credit card details or address, double charging my credit card and never refunding hundreds of dollars owed to me due to the double charge, even after promising to refund time and time again etc. After cancelling my account, it gets worse. I find they've continued to charge bills incorrectly and as they are unpaid (because I had cancelled the account years ago) sent me to the debt collectors with no notification/s and now I've ended up with a bad credit rating! Don't go with Vodafone unless you want years (5 years to be exact) of headaches trying to rectify their errors, a company that ignores your emails and requests and a bad credit rating because of their constant errors! Vodafone should not be allowed to trade. Now I'm in the battle to have this bad credit rating removed as I cannot get any loans because of Vodafone's continuous stuff-ups - wish me luck!

- Ended up with a bad credit rating due to Vodafone's many many errors!

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 2 answers
  • 46 helpful votes
Private message

Finally I can express my anger and disgust in this pathetic, incompetent, corporate criminal

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2012

Finally I have come to the right place to write about a service which should not be operating in Australia due to malpractice and defrauding it's customers. That company in none other than VODAFONE.
Getting straight to the point, since joining Vodafone in 2008 and signing a contract for a Mobile Phone Service they have not delivered any of the Services outlined and which I was paying for over the 24 months during the contracted period.
Calls would drop out even though full reception is displayed on the phone.
Some areas in Sydney would not get any reception at all.
SMS messages took excessively long to reach the recipient, with some SMS messages going through 1week later.
What a Joke, this company must think that it''s customers are stupid. Unfortunately they are wrong and myself along with thousands of others have already pulled the pin on this company.
Vodafone is yet another corporate criminal which doen't even have local contact for Customer Service. Not only have they profited immensely from unethical and unreliable garbage services, they have the nerve to send my personal credentials offshore to another country, breaking all privacy laws imaginable, and claim that this is sustainable for their business. What a load of crap.

+ Nothing, Worst ever 24 months locked into a contract with pathetic and unreliable service.

- Terrible Mobile reception, delayed SMS and MMS messages taking up to 1week to send, No local customer service.

• 17 helpful votes

Bad Reception AND Bad Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2012

My mind has been made up over the weekend to end my time with Vodafone after 3 long years with them.
I'm on the $49 pre paid cap and although yes you do get alot of call credit and extra credit if you buy your top up from places such as Woolworths or Coles Express service stations.
But the drop outs in reception are just so bad now. Right now I am in a location where the phone tower is less than 5km away and I have 1 bar of reception!

- Poor customer service and reception

, SA

• 25 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2012

NOW I know why some people make the sign of the + at the mention of the V word.I can't wait till the ACCC slaps an even huger fine on them- unfortunately it will be their sucker customers who end up paying it.
I wish I could rate them minus 1

+ It isn't Telstra???

- Where do I start??????.
Life is too short to give much more than a precis-
Have spent time I will never get back in a protracted (and expensive to me) engagement with the V word, using the "services" of the TIO. This has still not been resolved. The TIO seems to not have a problem that V have provably lied to them, and provided misleading info, rather than that requested by TIO.Even after I provided them with the evidence.
I was sucked into buying a phone based on deceptive advertising and V have fought all the way- the old wear them down technique. As it stands, if I send this provably untrustworthy company my phone, they have undertaken with the TIO to provide me with a refund.
Also, because battery on N70 was so bad, I used to disconnect from the network for weeks at a time to limit draining the battery due to poor reception about 8km from a capital city CBD- would check my credit and find that I had been charged for items I could not possibly have used..........and then spent way too much time arguing with them. That time a phone call to the TIO actually proved helpful.
Was looking for a wireless bb provider- hell- V have always used very,very fine print on their printed material, but printing white on pale yellow???? Eff off Vodafone!!! Went with someone else- so far so good- but it is early days yet.

One of the reasons I chose them way back was the per second charging of calls- which they have since changed to per 30 secs charging. So let me take my credit and number to another provider- WITHOUT Penalty.(Can't be bothered raising this with the TIO- since they were so ready to let V get away with something much more obviously wrong)

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

Vodadfone is the worst experience I have ever had!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2012

Vodadfone is the worst experience I have ever had!!!! They never respond to you if you have a problem. Their Customer Support is terrible! They don't want to help you at all.

Their network coverage is the terrible. The internet is so slow that my apps don't work at all! And browsing takes excruciatingly and unreasonably long. I cannot even use the internet. All that my phone can do is email.

When I contact Customer Support they can hardly understand me or care. When I facebook Vodafone they delete my comments. I wrote emails and I called and no response. I finally had to contact the Technology Ombudsman to get out my contract. What a relief!

Don't go with Vodafone!

- Disgusting service - non-existent network coverage - very slow internet

• 19 helpful votes

Absolutely useless!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2012

Hardly ever get reception, constant call dropouts, people ring me and says it rang out however my phone never rang, sms's come thru 24hours after they are sent, Vodafone are refusing to help saying my "phone is the issue with no reception" and want me to pay my contract out if I cancel it! Why should I pay for a service that does not work!
They are definitely not called Vodafail for no reason!!

+ The vodafone shop has pretty colours!

- Terrible reception for calls and even worse for internet on the mobile, constant call dropouts, people ring me and says it rang out however my phone never rang, sms's come thru 24hours after they are sent, vodafone staff are useless to help and very rude.

Vodafail!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2012

I have been trying to get information/service with regards to a plan I've just signed up with. I have tried calling them, using their online services (and I use the term "service" loosely) as well as in person at one of their shops, all to NO AVAIL. The two issues I was trying to get help with were 1) changing my address that was from 4 years ago and was in a completely different state 2) to find out where my new phone was that I had ordered and received no notification of how long it would take to deliver or any email confirmation of my payment, nor did I get a tracking number (even though immediately after paying with my credit card, it took me to a page that asked for this fictitious tracking number).

On the phone, I was put on hold for 45 minutes after the automated voice told me it would be a 4-minute wait. I was then informed that the query I had was meant to go to another dept so the person on the other line put me on hold to redirect my call. I waited another half hour before I just got so pissed-off I hung up. I then went through their callback system to get another useless operator (who is clearly aware that there are no consequences for crap customer service) who then told me he's going to put me on hold to re-direct my call. I was too angry to wait again so I told him I refuse to wait another hour to have either of my issues addressed. I told him I wanted to cancel the plan. He said he'll have to re-direct my call. What exactly is the point in calling the "help" line, if when you do, there is NO HELP on the other end, just redirecting?

I then tried to log-in online. Again, instead of being redirected by a person, I was 'redirected' to pages that either timed out or just didn't load. I was going through their "helpful" tips because I thought I might be doing something wrong. I'm in IT so I'm not unfamiliar with navigating through sites. Their site it just completely UNHELPFUL and too cluttered to manoeuvre through. I feel this is a deliberate tactic to confuse the consumer. There are loads of sections that are similarly named but with different information. Completely useless to garner any sort of helpful information.

I then tried to go into the shop only to be left waiting in line, to get a ticket to wait in yet another queue. This is the sort of business practice their executives think is going to get them more clients?

I think everyone who has had an issue with Vodafone needs to post their discontent on every social media site possible. This is unacceptable as well as unethical business practice. I'm fairly shocked at the rapid decline of their service since they merged with Three. I am also going to be posting on travel sites that all travellers and expats should avoid using Vodafone in Australia (regardless of what their experiences were in other countries, because mine in the UK was ok). Regardless of how appealing it sounds, it's all a ploy to steal your hard earned money and ruin your day if you ever have the misfortune of having to call them for any assistance.

Suffice it to say, they have now lost a customer who was willing to sign up to a 24-month contract but due to their shitty customer service and terrible coverage, I've now gone with another company.

You can also read other examples of why NOT to go with Vodafone in Aus here (although it's infuriating to know they get away with this garbage, it's good to know that others are taking steps to shut down this joke of a company):

+ It was once reliable (but not is NOT)

- Terrible, insulting customer service, poor coverage in places that there should be normal coverage (i.e. SYDNEY!?!)

• 7 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 7 answers
  • 102 helpful votes
Private message

A lousy network , in a field with very poor competitors

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2012

Worst decision I made was to move to Vodafone, primarily because their network coverage is basically rubbish. Can't even get one bar on the tram going down Lygon street in Melbourne! Just about everywhere I go, the phone drops out, while my 12 year olds child's Amaysim prepaid works fine. Don't touch this mob, despite the promises they make.

- Just about everything

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2012

Vodafone is terrible. The customer service is the worst I have ever encountered.

After waiting hours on hold, you finally speak to the INCOMPETENT customer service staff, not only can you not understand their accent, they answer “ I don’t know”… I always hang up frustrated with no solutions. I tried to make a complaint on the Vodafone website, this was almost impossible, to find a link, email address or complaint section was impossible, they probably shut it down because there was an overload.

- EVERYTHING! dreadful customer serve, poor reception, no customer loyalty, terrible website!

Such poor communication!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2012

Going from 3 to Vodafone was supposed to be a breeze! It wasn't and my business depends on it! My new sim card wouldn't work and it wasn't until I got desperate and called Nokia that I got to speak to a real person albeit someone overseas. They explained that I had to get 3 to "unlock" my phone, not easy on a Friday night. With the help of "real" people the deed was done. My gripe is, why can't we be forewarned? I doubt that I'd have such a sour taste in my mouth regarding both 3 and Vodafone [Aren't they supposed to be the same company now?]if I'd know in advance what to expect.

+ Coverage is good

- Just the initial transition

Purchased at: Allphones

• 74 helpful votes
Private message

Poor Signal Strength Even on New 850 Network. Even the old 3 Telstra network was bettter

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2012

Migrated from 3 to Vodafone and it was a nightmare. Could not call/text when you really need to because network was not available in CBD, in suburbs, in airports, in train stations - basically anywhere where you really need to use your phone. Worse still sometimes the call never came and the voice mail/sms arrived 2 days later. This being in a coverage zone where Vodafone claims the signal strength is good - wonder who comes up with such misleading coverage maps. The new 850 network is worse than 3 telstra. Atleast's 3 network allowed calls to come through although data speeds were not good. It is serious risk to be on Vodafone network because you will not be able to use your phone when you really need to.

+ Cost Effective if you are lucky to get better signal strength

- poor signal strength even on new 850 network with compatible handsets. Unreliable - you will be lucky if someone is able to reach you or text you when you really need it.

Private message

Worst reception.3G runs at 1950s internet speed! Beats the basic purpose of a mobile phone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2012

I should have checked here before I went for vodafone. Reception is very bad and I might be lucky to finish a call(with breakups inbetween) if I stand outside my house.

Dont know why they call it 3G, but there has never been an instance where I could use an iphone app without "connection lost" or timeout! Internet is super slow(less than 10%) compared to my telstra mobile broadband.

Support advices you to remove sim card, wipe it with dry cloth and then reset network. They expect you to have an alternate phone to call!!! just imagine if toyota would ask you to buy an alternate car "just in case..you know"

Never go for a plan even if they give it away for free..you might not be able to make that emergency call or receive one when you need it the most!

- bad support, bad network, waste of time and money

No service - Cuts out mid call and unlimited cap ...not so

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2012

Grr very cross , my unlimited cap came with a 200 dollar bill for checking voicemails ....Had to upgrade again ....No service in key spots ...Seriously improve your act vodafone ...Not happy

+ Poor service

- What happended to the old vodafone ?

Worst support line

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2012

I have experienced bad customer service from their 24/7 help line for a very long time. I finally made the move to another network 2 months ago - Telstra $49 cap has been perfect. I received a letter from vodafone that my account is in credit. I tried calling them and I am talking to their pre-recorded machine that goes around in circles. After 40 minutes trying (3 seperate phone calls) I finally got through to i'm assuming an indian call centre, the phone call ended as soon as I said hello.

Adsolute disappointment, that I got no where and wasted my time and money trying to get in touch with a human.

- 24/7 helpline is extremely bad service - "NO Service"

• 1 answer

Voda Big Fail

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2012

I have been a vodafone customer since November 2010. I have been into a store weekly since then trying to have my problems with either their system or my phone fixed.

I first signed onto a contract with them in December 2010 and didnt receive a bill, but had my phone usage blocked because I hadnt paid the bill, I went in store and they had a look at my file and told it should be back to normal next month. This happened for 3 months in a row. I threatened disconnection which forced them to search for a solution further and eventually the fault was found and fixed.

The phone I was using whilst on contract was a nokia N8, which I had returned for repair, and eventually replaced, which the replacement lasted 30 minutes before I found a fault with it and asked to pick a whole new handset, to which they agreed.

I then upgraded to an iPhone4 and since then my service has hit rock bottom, my reception is patchy at best and calls arent coming through etc. Vodafones solution to this is to switch me to a new sim card, which has had little effect. I have had apple replace my phone, which was vodafones idea, but still no luck.

I am currently under monthly subsidy of my cap charges and for the next 3 months and are compiling a list of places and times my iPhone loses reception. I will be disconnecting my service with them once the 3 months are up, as 3 times in the past 2 weeks my new iPhone4 has lost all reception.

+ International Inclusions, Cheap Handsets

- What was right with it???

Appauling

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2012

i brought an iPhone 4s, and i was told it will be delivered in 5 days. I rang them up and they had no stock, i have now been waiting 3 weeks and they still have no idea what going on. I recommend telstra, great service and nice people. Never go with Vodafone.

+ Inexpensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2011

If you like to be ripped off go vodaphone, where you are told that you pay in advance but when your contract finally comes to an end and you can smell the freedom you suddenly have not been paying in advance and owe them and of course they are taking it from your bank account. One of the most outrageous abuses I have endured from them was when I asked to speak with a supervisor after about 20 minutes on the phone and getting nowhere with an employee who then refused to get a supervisor and continued argueing with me after another 15 minutes of that he said a superviser would call,good job I was not holding my breathe. I would be worm food by now and still no supervisor. Not once have I ever felt a was a valued customer.

+ cannot think of any

- outrageously poor customer service,borderline abuse might even say crimnal

1 of 58 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.