Appalling customer service and patchy coverage at best

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

My biggest complaint about this telecommunications company is over their mountains of excess charges. This has happened consistently with the most recent being a $5 daily fee for less than 0.3MB of overseas "background data" despite my wireless signal being strong, all apps closed, and the phone remaining stationary. I called them to discuss this and the representative could not have cared less and certainly wouldn't admit to 10 days worth of $5 charges for 0.23MB unreasonable.

A few months back I tried several times to contact someone about changing my plan as I wasn't using even 50% of data/talk credit I was paying for in a SIM only plan. Somehow the person who assists with that was never available in store or over the phone. Right. When I finally cancelled my service I was told that I wasn't going to be charged any early exit fees... Standard with a SIM only month-to-month, but thanks so much for not trying to figure out a way to drain my bank account even more than you already have over the past two years.

Stay far away. All they are about is getting their hands on your money, and the mobile coverage is poor at best. Good riddance to you, Vodafone money-grubbers.

recommend everyone not to get vodafone.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Network coverage is worse. With no international call in many countries they ask to buy extra pack for it. Plan is no value for money. Customer service is a rip-off as i called recently i was asking for a new plan guy gave me 10%student discount and20gb extra data JUST FOR ME ONLY one time only offer on 80$ plan and asked me to accept it straight away or no offer but i checked online its nothing special but offer to all till march 3 I think. Trying to lure customer with false information I definitely am not happy. Been in 3 plan since 2009 then vodafone now i will cancel the contract and find new providor

• 1 review
Private message

It sucks and tricks people

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

I am going closure to contract and surprisingly i cant make call to my country as it is not listed on the list of countries and everytime i call my country they don't hear first if connection is made first of all and they don't hear me at all so have to make numerous calls and it doesn't get connected to other service providers at all.
I have been with them for last 10 years and lie many of my friends i should be quitting them soon.

Melbourne

• 1 review

Watch out for Hidden Charges

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Wont ever recommend to anyone. Stay away from Vodafone. So many hidden charges and tactics to screw customers over. Feel sorry for the customer service guys on the Phone from India who have no power to actually do anything.

Shepparton

• 13 helpful votes

Stay away from Vodafone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

I suggest everyone stay clear of Vodafone they are not worth it there call centre is a joke they are still Vodafail they need to clean up there act

They Don’t Even Deserve A Star

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Rung up 1 hour after my order was placed to cancel, the lady said that was fine and she would cancel it. 5 days later I receive the phone, rang them up again and asked them what’s going on. They said you can’t cancel an order once it’s been placed, so now I’m left with a $450 bill to get out of my so called contract. JOKE

Great customer service, rubbish service systems!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

I changed to Vodafone 6 weeks ago and I have had a number of lengthy contacts with their customer service. Customer services have always been very nice and professional, except from one guy who wasn't listening to me and probably took two minutes to notice I had hung up. The problem is I should not have needed to ring the service - oh they tell you the quickest way to activate a sim is on-line, yeah right! I have have the need to do so 4 times over a space of 3 months and not once did it work. The same problem each time - get to a point and it stops and even if you have an account with them you need to go through all the details again with customer service. I think the quickest time may have been an hour to get it sorted but then it can take up to another 4 hours for it to activated. I like the people at the call centre but I have friends to talk to I don't need to spend time on the phone because Vodafone doesn't have systems sorted. They ask for feedback on the call centre but not on their systems and services. No more time to waste - I'm jumping ship!

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

pricy and patchy coverage

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

We just visited Wineglass Bay in Tasmania, and while my brother had service with Aldi mobile, and my Dad with Optus, I had no service at all with my vodaphone plan. I have switched to Aldi Mobile because it's A. cheaper, and B. actually has phone coverage

Sydney

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Loyalty discount is a joke!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

I got a new iphone 8 with $30.50 loyalty discount in the $60 red plan. Paid my first bill with full price and contacted vodafone almost 1 month ago. I'm about to be billed again and they keep inform that my case is under investigation and nobody is able to solve the problem.
Ridiculous customer service!

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Greensborough voda phone store rudest worst customer service seen in 50 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Greensborough voda phone store just provided the worst customer service I have seen and I am a Gm of a large company with many stores.
How bad is it when a customer who is a friend tells the store person to serve another customer (us) as he was not buying and the person ignores this totally as he had asked us to wait a couple of minutes some 10 minutes before and then ignores us completely and in fact asks the other store person who was serving a buying customer could he serve us but he advised he was still 5 ways from finishing.
Times must be too easy for this store

If there was option of zero star I would have give that to vodafone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Worse network coverage. Called customer service to complain. They always say there is no network problem in your area. But cant even call or receive phone call.

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I have been with other provider and just changed to Vodafone after we changed our house and the other provider did not have good coverage on my area. In Vodafone shop, when I asked how long will take for my new SIM to get activated, I was told it will take 10 minutes. It has been 3 days and I still cannot make any call and I am sure my SIM card will not get activated any time soon as they always say the same thing and do nothing. First day I spent more than 2 hours in Vodafone shop waiting for my SIM to get activated. First they told me it will take 10 min, then 30 minutes and then they told my sorry something went wrong while your SIM was getting activated and it will be activated with in 4 hours. After 4 hours I went back to the shop and this time after spending a lot of time waiting they told me it will definitely get activated in 24 hours. I was told I cannot cancel my new SIM as it will cause more problem. After 24 hours I called the support and they said you need to wait another 24 hours since we had an outage and your SIM could not get activated. It has been 3 days I am calling them after 24 hours and wait around 40 minutes on the phone for someone to check the activation situation and always I get the same answer which is Sorry we had an outage and we could not activate you SIM and it will be activated within 4 to 24 hours.

I made a big mistake to go with Vodafone. Definitely I will change to other provider.

Paralowie

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I received a call yesterday to advise that my contract was nearly up and I was entitled to an upgrade. Sales rep worked with me to get the best possible plan for my circumstances. Excellent work.

Geelong

• 7 comments
  • 2 answers

No need to complain

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Reading a lot of reviews on here of stories that are only but the customers fault i had to write my own review.
They go by their 30day exit, if you dont have good service in your area simply take your phone back, dont whinge about it if you choose to stay!
Apart from that Vodafone's service has been far superior than both optus and telstra. Optus's billing is confusing and network is slow. I am with them so i know. Telstra well you get coverage but apart from that they are frustrating. Vodafone years ago started out with poor phone customer service, so bad that even the store managers got irritated when needing to phone them up for new contracts etc. But since they brought in the red plans and from then on phone support has been great, they also bend over backwards with customising plans and not as pushy when removing services. People that complain about waiting in stores. well all 3 stores get busy waited equally long in all 3 brands. At least vodafone acknowledges you are there and dont let anyone push in, even when they do there still polite and stay polite even when you can see they are getting quite irritated by a customer than just is causing hassle and asking impossible things of vodafone. Oh i had to wait 2 months for a iphone x.. they warned me of that its not there fault apple simply couldn't meet demand of all the other whinging apple fans that wanted the latest and greatest. Yes i had to pay for the phone as its on a 36month payment plan. yet you dont start the contract for service untill its connected. The thing i am most satisfied with and why i have stayed with vodafone is the network stability and there 4g speeds are the fastest i have used. Optus varied quite a bit and telstra touch and go. the only thing i don't agree on is there late payment fee of $15. But they are working hard to satisfy their customers. and the new way of paying for the phone over a few years and giving the flexibility to change plans is quite good. There NBN service also seems to be good and something im considering right now having a 4G backup on NBN that cuts out a lot is pretty good of them.

1 star is 2 high for these clowns

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Ok so have an outstanding dept from a few years ago that is a black mark on my credit file, i am currently in a position where i can repay the dept in chunks fortnightly, after spending now close to 4 hours on the phone with these clowns i am being told lies, i was told that they would generate a outstanding bill and email it to me saying i could pay in installments (no email came thru) i then called to ask what was happening as i hasn't received anything, just to be told that i was given "false info" and that they could not do this. Apparently they can print me a bill if i go in store. lies again, NOTHING!!! i'm now back at square 1. excuse me if i'm wrong but I'm trying to pay them their money that I owe them shouldn't they be jumping thru hoops to get it i mean they chase me with harassing phone calls but when i want to fix it the world goes silent?? I feel crap and defeated and feel trapped into not being able to right my wrongs. i understand i screwed up in the past everyone does it but it shouldn't be this bloody hard to fix.

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2018

I am paying $80/month, and what i am getting lot of frustration and anxiety. Its hard to call overseas. Need to redial 20-30 times...ridiculous
And the costmer service centre told me this problem is from last few days, it will take time to fix. And put my ph on hold...

Improved plans

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I have been a Vodafone customer for a long time.

My Vodafone coverage is definitely a lot stronger than my previous Optus connection.

I was on a $140 per month plan with Vodafone that had 14gbs of data, unlimited calls and text with international minutes. I was recently able to upgrade my plan to $80 per month with Vodafone that now has 62gbs of data with unlimited calls and text.

As I got an increase in available data, it enabled me to cancel my additional Vodafone data plan of 45gbs per month for $60 per month.

This has improved my cash flow by $120 per month with additional internet data.

I hope someday in the future, we will be able to get unlimited data at a cheap plan price so I can watch Netflix and Stan.

The staff at Vodafone are very knowledgeable.
My only complaint is that when you try to disconnect services they are extremely pushy for you to retain those services. You have to go through hoops to get them cancelled.

Bad Customer Service Elizabeth

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Went into Elizabeth SA there was a 15min wait standing... When I finally got to the counter the customer service was really bad, the man spoke to me rudely he was of slight African decent slim build, only one from the 3 workers with a white shirt, he left me at the counter waiting another 5mins while he went and assisted an Asian man who he spoke to nicely he also spoke to an African lady nicely, but Me he made me wait spoke to me with a bad attitude, now I warned him that I do reviews online He said So what I don't care...He had no reason to treat me badly. After I'd had enough of this guys bad attitude towards me only...which was quite racist....O told him Right You've just lost a customer... I ended up spending my $150.00 on Optus instead..
Great customer service at optus, good demeanor and I got a chair.....so Vodafone lost my service & my money because of this rude man/African decent with White shirt....
Won't go back to Vodafone especially in Elizabeth SA. He should care about his job and the customer.... Not be Rude! Put it this way if I was violent person he would have got hurt today with his bad attitude..

Worst experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Never received my order for iphone 8plus.. been waiting a month now and and have called customer service more than 100 times and they actually dont give a damn about it..all they say is the will call me back with updates and never does.. name of the customer service assistant that i remember are [name removed], [name removed], [name removed]and [name removed] and lot more that i dont remember the name...and on top of it they’ve actually sent me bill for my first month. Ridiculous!!

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Bad customer service and misleading info

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Very unssatisfied, with a 9GB sevice and an $80 plan plus handset x2 paying almost minimum of $400and a maximum bill of $600 why because everytime you go over 1gig $10. What is amazing even you used wifi at home and your mobile data is off and you still get charge. And when you pay the due for activation of service when you speak to another operator next day they said need to pay additional $$110 dollars in advance for the payment for next bill. I ask how can you pay service in advance when you haven’t used it yet. And still insist for you to pay for it before they will activate the service. The guy that i spoken to earlier he said i only need to pay $560 which is overdue plus all the interest and all other fees. From one to another transfer the call reassure that it will connected and still have to repeat over and over. Its like paying $80 plan x 3 for a month. Calls etc and customer service are so rude. She could of have offer or ask any option to pay off the bill on a split payment in consideration for being with them for almost 8 years.
It’s so ridiculous he even told me off and did sermon me for not paying and in fact its a lie telling i havent paid my bill for 6 months. And I said hello one month of being late i get barred telling nonsense of 6 months i havent paid.
He didnt even apologise when he realised he is wrong.
Now that im not with them even though they have good offer maybe because when intold them that almost 8 of my family have gone to another service provider cos their service terrible and expensive.
The only thing i can say is make sure you check your bill and ensure that your getting the righ deal rather than paying so much for a crap service.

1 of 67 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

Answer this

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

We live in Adelaide by the beach and look st the cell tower.
Have to go outside to stop drop outs.
Had a rate change early feb 2018.
Did not go well.
Got ripped off.
40.00 for 30GB.
Cannot drop vodafone.
All talk and LIP service.

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.