Give it a go!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

Vodafone definitely ticks a lot of boxes. Good value for plans, good coverage, good online customer support, and that's just to name a few.

I was going into a 6 year continued phone + service deal with (suck-butt) Optus. I was really dissatisfied with their customer support and threatened to to leave when I had about 9 months left on my contract. I ended up following though, moving to Vodafone, and haven't looked back.

Vodafone's coverage is so much better than a certain other company I was previously supporting.

The bang for buck is great for what you're paying for. I just upgraded to a new deal and it seems great.

Vodafone even sends you a nice little email thanking you for paying your bill, even if it's a couple days late.

Vodafone does come with one minor fault that will only affect a few. The service can be crappy at times. There's some places I can't get a signal. However, I can normally find a signal very quickly. Vodafone has the occasional signal dead zone, but you can still find coverage a few minutes away. Still way better coverage than another company.

I would recommend Vodafone on its phone deals. I think it's the best deal on the Australian market.

Private message

Vodaphones awful new policy - credit checks on existing customers.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

I have been a customer of Vodaphone for many years. I have paid off 5 phones and my account is in order. I went to get an upgrade and was told that credit checks would be necessary. This is so unfair (I have had unrelated financial problems in past so I wont pass a credit check). Not sure why existing customers are exposed to this. I think I will find a cheaper option (and buy my own phone). As well, they are unbelievably rude.

Gold Coast

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 37 helpful votes

SHOPPING FOR NBN

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

I attended one of the stores in the Brisbane CBD to ask about NBN and 4 times I gave my address and the consultant couldn't get it right. The equipment on display was dusty and dirty. Good bye you have lost my business

Customer services is terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

I called to upgrade today. The person gave me the price. Then when I said yes and to go ahead he then made the charge extremely higher. He then wouldn’t go back to the original quote. I asked to talk to a manager who is busy and I am still awaiting them to call me back. I am so disappointed in Vodafone and I have been with them for over 10 years world wide.

Melbourne

terrible in-store service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

I went into the store with my husband because his cell phone broke and he wanted information if he could have another cell phone but keep the same plan, the attendant seemed to be in a bad mood, barely looked in the face, was without patience my husband and I were very ungrateful because he treated us very badly, that we are customers and we have a monthly plan of $ 200 each, I'm going to cancel my plan and I'll never use vodafone again because I think at least they should be nice and take care of everyone! Vodafone I think you are lacking training in your team this happened at victoria garden store in richmond melbourne

SYDNEY

• 2 comments
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

A COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY THAT CANNOT COMMUNICATE...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

and when they do, the caller is incoherent, confusing and rude.

The company have there credit section in India and call them useless, or impolite or dumb, they come back and say you cannot use bad or rude language and they will terminate the call. Totally useless telephone company.

They are rude, they are insufferable and incapable of communicating.

Frankly, the rating would have been minus, except for the fact, I eventually got to talk to someone in Australia, who was polite and professional. Because of him, I did not terminate my services, but next time I have an issue with Vodafone, I will be gone.

I cannot for the life of me understand why they are so rude and do not understand ENGLISH and what foul language really is, if they want it, I will certainly giver it to them, but, for your information, USELESS is not foul language - its in polite use and its in the English dictionary.

Grow up Vodafone. COMMUNICATE

melbourne

• 13 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 18 helpful votes

Why a new number

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

I switched from Optus to Vodafone. Paid my release dues to Optus and went next door to Vodafone in Eastland. Had the same number moved from Optus to Vodafone. The store took my initial $30 recharge and I was fine for 1 month. Then I went to prepay my monthly Vodafone fee on line. It didn't work. I had to phone 1555 and try to sort this out. The overseas operator took $30 from my Visa Card and I thought all was OK. Having phoned 1555 again to ask why I still cannot use my computer to prepay they now inform me that I have a new cell number. Good grief - what has happened is so annoying especially when I directed the staff in Vodafone to keep my original number. Now I have to go back to Vodafone in Eastland and try and get my old number back.

Melbourne

Private message

Just. Awful. Worst Customer Experience I've Ever Received.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I switched to Vodafone thinking it might be a smart way to save a few bucks. What a mistake! Network coverage has been awful, and I live in inner city Melbourne and work in the CBD.

But even worse is the horrible, horrible customer service. Worst I've ever experience from a telco.

I've contacted Vodafone numerous times to raise the problems I've been encountering (poor or no network reception even in central metro areas). I've also tried on numerous occasions to lodge a complaint about these issues, and to request that my break fee be waived so that I can switch to another provider.

On 8th of August I visited the Elsternwick store. A sales rep by the name of Arik Handleman was extremely rude to me. When I asked him for his assistance with waiving my break free he said that it was 'technically impossible' for anybody at Vodafone to waive this fee, and that there was nothing he could do.

On the 9th of August I tried to contact Vodafone through their live chat functionality on their website. The responses were very slow, and it took a long time to interract with the customer sales reps. Finally, after half an hour chatting with a sales rep, and just as I requested to submit a complaint, the live chat was disconnected.

I tried to repeat the process using Vodafone's live chat, and again - after a further 20 minute wait - as soon as requested that a complaint be submitted, I was told to 'wait a minute' while my details were confirmed and then the line was disconnected.

On Saturday the 11th of August I called Vodafone on their customer service line to discuss these issues and lodge a complaint. I was told by the customer sales representative that they would transfer me to the appropriate team, and then they proceed to hang up on me.

I have tried every avenue possible to raise these issues with Vodafone, and have experienced nothing but contemptuous rude treatment.

I also note that there is no written channel (i.e. email address) by which a customer is able to submit a written complaint.

Absolutely disgraceful Vodafone. Avoid these guys at all costs.

Verified Customer

Excellent service and data

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

We live in a rural location and getting access to data is all but impossible (no nbn yet). Vodafone has a great deal for unlimited data via sim. It’s been the best decision to give it a go, we finally have unlimited internet and awesome reception so we can stream as much as we like!

No problem solving

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I had a plan that i missed 1 month of payment and they denied me access to my vodafone and access to my account, i rung them and everything and they ended up doing nothing this call took 2 hours and resulted in nothing so i decided to call it a night and resolve it another night, 2 months later i decide i need to get my phone to work so i call them and try sort it they now say that i have a 600$!! fee on my account, so i tell them its gonna take me a while to take it out of the bank so please hold it until next week, they agreed. Next week comes around and i have accumulated the money and called them to pay it off, after waiting for an hour they told me that it had already been sent to debt collections, this ticked me off because debt collections put an extra 70 dollars on top of my 600 dollar fee, to keep it shorter, after that it took me 4 more 3 hour over the course of a month to finally get my phone unblocked. Please learn from my mistakes and go with skinny or 2degrees.

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Have had endless issues with Vodafone form the time I changed to them. Was told to get a new handset as the handset I took over was faulty. I did as I was told and got on a new plan and was charged way more than what I agreed on. But the new phone also had the same issue of not been able to receive calls. (I later was told that it was not the sim or the hand set, it’s the network upgrades happening and that effected the calls)
They do not care about the customer. Tried calling many times and sort it out but they connect me from pillar to post and no body is willing to help. I requested for them to listen to the recordings and check what I was promised, but they refuse to do so and I was told to request it through the communications ombudsman.
I’m now in the process of contacting the ombudsman.

I do not recommend Vodafone to anyone as they mislead customers and provide very bad customer service.

No real support when your GALAXY S9 malfunctions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

I bought from Vodafone the super expensive Samsung S9 and four months later it breaks down. I live in Perth and Vodafone’s support is to repair the phone in NSW? No phone swap was offered. The customer service is really poor.

Data scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Apparently I am always going over my data limit so I always turn my data off if I’m out and I need to use it I make sure it’s quick and fast I’ve literally turned my data on once today not even for 2 minutes and I get hit with a million txt messages saying they have added 1gb data to my account which cost $10 more on top of my bill my data doesn’t reset for another week and I’m already getting these messages 3 times a day (you do the math) this is disgusting Firstly I think it’s so wrong that they can automatically add data without ur consent i have 3 more months left on this stupid plan I will never return to Vodafone again do not be fooled by their “cheap” plans there’s so much adding on top it’s ridiculous I have 2 $60 plans with Vodafone yet I’m paying 250 a month what freaking ripppppp

Bentleigh, VIC

Irresposible and unresponsive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

I am based in melbourne cbd and i took vodafone 9 months back. From last 3 months most of my calls getting dropped and when i raised this issue to vodafone all they have to say is that we are upgrading. For last 3 months they are just upgrading. I would never recommend vodafone to anyone.

Brisbane

• 1 question
  • 6 helpful votes

Warning ⚠️Vodafone trap!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Warning ⚠️Vodafone trap!!

Cancelled Vodafone contract 7 months ago on the phone. The operator indicated everything was fine and there was no remaining or outstanding feel. Two days ago, I got an email from a fee-collect team asking for $80. Now it affected my credit history for buying a house. Went to a CBD shop in Brisbane, two Staff members suggested I had to pay $80. It is not up to them to resolve the issue. A dark operation, warning for this service.The online operator told me this is my obligation, they can't provide me a copy of my contract.

Endeavour Hills

• 2 helpful votes

Vodafone Mobile connection

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

I have bought vodafone connection in May this year, very happy with mobile broadband , i was using telstra before so could not spot any difference since moved to Vodafone. I used vodafone 5 years ago , i was not happy with its service (Mobile Broadband) at that time but its alot different now.
I also make overseas calls through vodafone, initially call quality was soo bad, then i raised a ticket with their support. It is very good since they resolved the issue.

Threatening and disrespect

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

So basically i forget to turnoff my hotspot and the data runs about 16GB that day, and vodafone send me just one text message (they believe they sent 9 messages). I ask for advice that whether i can turn off the mobile data and just making phone calls, therefore there will be no extra charges in the next few days until reset. But they are keep pushing a deal of a $720 yearly plan to let me upgrade to solve the problem. Put simply, they believe either i upgrade to a $720 plan or otherwise i will get screwed if i keep using my mobile, and their way of speaking with a customer is absolutely aggressive. When i ask whether the surcharge on that day can be offset, they threaten me and said "i can see you didn't pay your bill, and is already overdue for 1 day, but i paid just 10 min before i made a phone call. It looks like he want to say "you didn't even damn pay your bill, why looking trouble on me?" They said im speaking too fast, but they were talking like a bullet, and interrupt me many times before i want to say something which is absolutely non-professional and rude. Until i speak to the other operators said i want to cancel my vodafone contract, they willing to upgrade my plan for $45 a month. Have been with vodafone for 4 years, and that's what i get for paying over $60 every month

Thieves

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Vodafone thieves they sell phones under your name to someone else and you have to pay for that. All the staff stupid overseas people who cannot even speak English with their stupid accent. I'm not satisfied at all and i do not recommend them to anyone. Please don't buy from Vodafone. I've been their customer for years just paid my bills every month without knowing whats going on!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
Private message

Rip off and impossible to exit contract!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

I was promised my bills would be never go over $80. I am not faced with bills of $250.. and I'm not even working right now!!! I have called customer service, who said I need to go in store. I then go in store, who said i can only do it online. Apparently I need to do it at Chadstone. They are the worst and costing me a fortune!!

Worst phone plan ever!!!