Worse internet

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2019

I took a plan with 80 gb data and unlimited internet plan with dropped speed. The service is too poor. I have never found stable connection and always dropped speed. Calls have often noise and cannot connect properly. Choose other networks.

Never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2019

Called up customer care and explained my situation -"someone has accidentally put up my number as his call divert. Receiving calls for him all day. Need to rectify it". Their response -"can't do anything. We need to change the settings of the other person's phone and for that we need his permission or its a privacy intrusion".!!!

I am Vodafone's customer calling to them and addressing them that someone has, without my consent, is diverting his calls to my phone! Doesn't these Vodafone people find that it's something they need to act on?

I don't understand why they have a service number (1555) which have technical and customer care services - both of which are able to provide the same answer!

shocking so called 'customer service'

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2019

I've been on this earth for a fair number of years and have never encountered incompetence and arrogance the likes of what Vodafone serves up. They are in a class of their own. They barred my mobile for some reason. Enquired why? Vodafone - give us your pin, my response - don't have, forgotten after all this time. Next step, go to local store with ID to reset. Did that. Woman at store says too hard, can't help. Lodged a complaint via email. Received a response via email. Message - go to another Vodafone store with ID. Being a phone company and me being a long term customer you would reasonably think someone from their resolution centre would call me and sort out. No, just a few lines - email. This drama started Wednesday last week, now Monday. Still no service. Unbelievable. My recommendation - choose another provider. Vodafone will disappoint and introduce you to a world of frustration and pain. The stupidity encountered is quite profound.

Service at Westfield Marion (SA)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2019

I renewed my contract with Vodafone on Christmas Eve 2018 and made it very clear what I wanted to spend. The staff member included a few accessories which I thought was a nice added bonus. At no point did he mention this was an additional charge. I agree, my own fault for not seeing this additional amount when I signed the contract but he was so busy focusing on the amount I was going to pay each month (which never included this extra charge) The extra charge was on the second page. I feel completely scammed by this staff member and how cruel of him to target a new mother who went in there with a 6 week old baby and specifically told him I was conscious of the amount I’d be spending. The Indian lady who I spoke to on their ‘customer care’ number couldn’t have cared less. If I signed the contract it’s not their problem. Hey ho. Karma will bite I guess. And Well Done to the staff member who no doubt earned himself a little commission for duping me this way!!

Lift customer service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2019

I love Vodafone in general. However when needing customer service or accounts support, this seems to come from India and I have to repeat myself and explain 6 ways before the operator "gets it". It becomes an unnecessarily time consuming and frustrating process. PLEASE bring this support back to Australia. Offshoring is DEAD.

Private message

Can not get good service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2019

The coverage isn't that good..can't acess mobile data many zones.They charge me extra 15$ for over due and I haven't received any mail for ovewdue. Once I talk with them reason that its something wrong with your banks..This things happen with me before when I was with Vodafone but that time they gave me credit without any arguments and now m not with them so they haven't give good response...

Good coverage

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2019

Been with Vodafone for 2 years and have not had any issues so far. They rewarded me with extra 2GB of data for being a loyal customer (thank you!) In particular, I was impressed with their overseas plan where you can use your mobile overseas and pay $5 for each day.

amazing coverage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

Yes! not the same as telstra, not even close in alot of areas, but if you look at there coverage map and work out where you go 90% of the time if that suits you than there great.

• 2 helpful votes

Bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

Been a loyal vodafone customer since I came here in Australia, but all i got when i had a concern about getting to pay extra $10 monthly since 2015 on add ons I didn't even know existed (so i haven't really make use) is "that is why it is important to check on your bills" tsk. told them i went to there store branch in 2015 to have it cut off and their reply is "we can never really verify your conversation in a store branch".

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Buyer Beware!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

Definitely preferable to Optus (hence 3 stars). The coverage isn't that great - too many zones where GPS drops out if you want to drive outside the city. Telstra coverage is better. If you are talking to Telstra phones, I'm finding that there's less interference with the line when I call rather than receive.

However Vodafone is still only interested in making the customer pay and pay and pay. For example, just upgraded to a new plan - changed from Samsung S7 @ $75 per month to Samsung S9 @$65 (yeah, it's ridiculous that they expect you to pay more for the older phone and don't bother to tell you that a better plan exists) and had to pay penalty for breaking contract 4 months early $140.01.

This was especially irritating because the only reason I broke contract was because S7 was faulty (overheated on wifi charging and usb no longer worked) and the only way to confirm that it had a problem was to send the phone away for checking - Vodafone is under the impression that a 'loan phone' is as good as your own and that I would be stupid enough to send the phone in without wiping all my personal data..

Then to make matters worse, I was charged for an extra month on the old plan because according to the Manager of the Belconnen Mall Vodafone, it was my own fault that I 'hadn't come in to change the phone on the 6th of the month' instead on the 7th (which was when I could go in).

So beware that Vodafone employees are brainwashed to sprout company bylines instead of actually listening and engaging with the customer. When I tried to explain to the Manager that I didn't see why I had to pay for an extra month of a non existent phone and plan - he kept on bleating that this was the 'bill cycle' - didn't appear to recognise the irony of the tagging line that the bill was an 'advance payment' at all,

Had to devolve into shouting just to confirm that yes, Vodafone absolutely expects me to pay for an extra month of non existent phone and plan as well as to pay the penalty of breaking contract - note that at no point, did I refuse to pay, I just expected to pay for what I was getting.

Terrible advice from Vodafone

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Attempted to set up a prepaid sim only to realise I don't have one of the 3 forms of ID
passport
drivers license
Medicare card

I don't drive, have never traveled overseas and do not possess a Medicare card.

When I rang customer service for help I was told I would need to set my account up in someone else's name.
that do me sounds like poor privacy practices.
No thanks Vodafone
Optus here I come

Vodafone Westfield Mall

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Ash at the Vodafone store in Surry Hills was absolutely fantastic, and not only was the service great, their plans are 2nd to none!! 50gb for $45/mth? Un-bloody-real!! Vodafone FTW

• 6 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Nothing but trouble

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Left them a few years back due to terrible reception and even worse customer service. Thought I would join them for internet this time. Bad bad idea. They tell you one thing on the phone to sell you a plan but a few months later it doesn’t match your bill. Being overcharged on my bills has happened so many times over the years I have lost count and I end up being put through to different departments told different stories by each one, no one is accountable it is laughable. Also when they “upgrade” you it is really them adding another service on top of your current service plan and now charging you for both plans instead of rolling you over into a new one. So now I’m being charged the same internet twice for two accounts each month. Incompetence is one thing but continued dishonesty by sales staff about charges just to get you onboard is a disgrace. Ive never had any issue with other carriers like I have had with this company.

Epping , melb

Private message

Vodafon team is terrible with little english

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

I tried to port my number. He did but he changed one digit and i got someones number. How funny and stupid unprofessional illiterate staff. They did this mistake and blaming customer. I missed all important calls.

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes

Online Prepaid recharge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Took 35 minutes to recharge online via my iphone in Sydney, Australia. Terrible server connection. Considering joining to Optus network.

Customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2019

I've had a business plan with vodafone for 5 years in the last 2 years nothing but trouble. I rang to get some customer help only to be greeted by an arrogant Indian with little English and a god complex . Seeya vodafone

Misinformation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

Have been with Vodafone for over 20 years but phone was in my husbands name (my phone though). Was told if I swapped into my name that i could keep my loyalty. NO. that’s not true went ahead anyway. Go to up grade my phone but can’t do because my credit rating isn’t good enough. Account has NEVER been paid late. Payment will still be coming out if the same account. Have been in the same job for over 18 years and my credit ratings bad. First of all you’re given the wrong info and secondly only half the info. Looks like you’ve lost a customer. Not that you would care
Also the person we dealt with was so rude and his English was appalling
So so disappointed

Vodafone international roaming RUBBISH!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

I used VODAFONE prepaid sim switched to roaming on my trip to Amsterdam, Paris, London via Hong Kong & return via Shanghai
Terrible !! Does NOT work properly - EVER !! Absolutely rubbish product.
My prepaid Vodafone SIM on iPhone SE works perfectly IN AUSTRALIA

No loyalty with Vodafone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

After 16 years being with Vodafone i must say worst experience Ive had. Called up to complain about the service as Ive taking camping and traveling further out gave me no coverage. i also had issues with the service at work and had to step outside every time to get coverage which got really annoying. The customer service rep advised me that i was on a older product from 2016 and that i needed to change to 2019 product and would save money and ignored the fact i was complaining about the coverage. After 30mins on the call i had enough as i got so frustrated and advised to cancel my plan which finishes up in April 2019 over 24months. Based on the remaining 5 months i was charged approx 350 to cancel when a service couldn't be provided. After being a loyal customer for 16 years i must say worst experience and service, least they could have done was waive the cancellation fee as i still had my wife's plan and my tablets with vodafone but they where happy to lose the entire business and customer. No longer a Advocate of vodafone

Verified Customer

Stay well away from vodafone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

I would recommend to anyone that is looking for a new phone or contract with Vodafone. Tip for everyone, look somewhere else. I've been with Vodafone 9 year and the last 2 years has been the worst customer service I have ever had in my life. This is about vodafone customer care 191 and customer service head office complaint, they also don't know how to do a sar requests. 30 days now passed, call Vodafone to be told not action. Need to wait another 30 days poor poor service. Stay well away from Vodafone.

1 of 84 pages