• 13 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2007

Not a bad telco, I used to use them but now I don't use them other than for free VF2VF calls, but I keep the account for the music store. It costs only $1.80 for a song (they are $1.99 but if you recharge at Woolies you get 10% off) and you get a mobile copy AND a PC copy, and there's a huge collection of songs.

+ Awesome reception (even better than Telstra CDMA)
BEST EVER MOBILE MUSIC STORE
10% off recharges at Woolies, Dick Smith, Big W, Tandy etc.
Prepaid caps are OK
Free minutes

- Sometimes bad customer service (I have waited on hold for an hour once, but then another time when I complained about something straight away he gave me $20 credit and extended my call credit expiry by 2 weeks)
Sometimes 3G coverage isn't so good
Prepaid caps are a bit confusing
You have to pay flagfall when you use your free minutes

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2008

i am still happy with vodafone. coverage is goods. 3 g service good but as per the con it can be a bit expensive calling a voda firend, same as calling anyone else. but you get what you pay for.

+ Excellent pre paid deals

- that they removed the voda to voda rates so calling friends isnt that cheap any more

Fingal Bay, NSW

• 13 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2008

Vodafone was the first company I had a mobile phone with, I was with them for about 8 or more years and found them to be fantastic.They even sent me a free phone for being such a good customer, no contract or anything,its very rare to recieve something for nothing.Unfortunately when I moved to where I currently live there was no reception and 5 years on things have not changed, had to change to Optus but regularly go into the Vodafone store to ask how the tower is coming along, wish they would hurry, I will be switching back.

+ Look after their customers,helpful staff in the office.

- Vodafone has no reception where I am now living.

• 49 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2008

I personally would have stayed with Vodafone, hadn't it being for the reception issue. Now I use, my mobile phone only for emergencies and if I can't trust the reception in the shopping centre or bad weather, how can I trust it in a car emeregency or whatever. I have changed to Optus since.

If you only want adequete reception, however, very good in everything else. You can't go wrong with Vodafone! Excellent company.

+ * Excellent rates
* Very good customer service

- * Reception is fine, but not as good as Optus or Telstra, especially in shopping centres where I am. And in bad weather (i.e. heavy raining) the reception will also drop

• 2 comments
  • 37 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2008

I have got no problems with Vodafone. I recharge via their website so I never have to contact their call cente and the coverage is adequate.

+ I have only ever been with Vodafone and found that they provide a reliable mobile phone service at reasonable prices. I am now on prepaid and the 365 day recharge is an excellent option for me who only needs a mobile to mostly receive calls as opposed to making them.

- Their website is painfully slow sometimes when I am trying to recharge.

Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2008

Vodafone offer a range of plans for those of us who are still low volume users and that is getting harder and harder to find. Their inability to limit the Vodafone - Vodafone free time means I have hours and hours on my account.

Their web site can be slow at time, but the services they offer are fantastic and let you manage all aspects of your account. My phone can't receive pix, but they'll send me a code and store it online for me to retrieve when I'm ready/

For flexibility and range of options combined with the cheap rates, they are hard to beat. Whenever I get annoyed with them and look around for another provider I can't fnd one that offers what I need for the right price.

+ * Excellent range of low usage plans
* Cheap Vodafone - Vodafone calls with lots of free time when I recharge
* Their billing problems always seem to favour the customer over the company

- * Coverage, limited in my home town
* Customer Service phone support...

• 74 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2009

i liked the service from vodaphone because im on a plan with them and they have very good help and support. theey have a great range of phones to choose from and the rates are very low. they have some good special deals with some good features and benefits for the customer such as free calls and cap plans. i think they are a world class provider in australia and around the world. they are world class. i like the cap plans from my point of view and they are much simpler and no strings attached compared to optus!

+ good plan and rates

- not good for long distances

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2009

havent had to think about changing to anyone else in over 3 years, never loose conection, and there deals are the best thus far. Different plans for different people and they dont discriminate if its prepaid. i think we get the better deal. my whole family is on Vodafone.

+ Always had prompt,reliable service, staff are quick to assist

- that we cant carry our prepaid unused $ over if we recharge before the month runs out.

• 5 helpful votes

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2009

Overall I have found they do have good customer service and if you complain they do look after you where they can ie they will usually reimburse you on some level if you feel you have been incovenienced etc ie when i changed over there was some technical issue and it took an extra day to get connected - i complained and they gave me a month for free - i was very satisfied with this. Although the coverage hasnt proved to be so great i will probably continue to use this at this time as they do the job on every other level.

+ Good value for money. Had a good phone deal at the time...

- Coverage is terrible. I recently went away and my partner is with a different provider - he had coverage and I had none for most of the part.

• 14 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2009

i have been with vodafone for about a year now and they have not let me down i have the turbocharge pre paid account and for $29 you get around $150 worth of value but you cant buy ring tones or games for your phone with it. and customer service is really helpful they help you with whatever you need and fix the problem. they changed there service numbers a while ago and that confused me and a few other people i no is with it but i no a couple of the new ones now

+ they have good prepaid plans which you can change when you want

- the prepaid credit only lasts one month

• 10 helpful votes

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2009

Suggest you check the coverage map and think about where you are likely to travel before changing to Vodafone. No matter how great the plan is, or the service, if you can't use it when you want to it kind of makes the phone pointless. Personally I have moved on to Optus, and have not had any coverage problems since.

+ Love the flexibility of plans, and rates seemed reasonable.

- Coverage, once you are outside of suburbia coverage starts to drop dramatically. And for those regional areas where there is coverage it will only be in towns and along major highways.

Bentleigh, Victoria

• 91 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2009

For me, Vodaphone prepaid is great. Voicemail calling is free and it takes around a year for credit to run out, and by then it's usually all gone. I don't really like the Vodaphone Lounge and all those things, as they takse ages to load on my phone. I've never had problems with Vodaphone over the many years that I used it.

+ I especially like the prepaid, it's really cheap and the credit last for a year without running out. I've never had any problems.

- Nothing, but I only know about Vodaphone prepaid so I can't say much.

• 4 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2009

I've been on Vodafone mobiz (post paid without plan/contract) for a few years. So far, I'm happy with the service. The rate is competitive. I can access my billing and its detail via website. The website is very comprehensive, easy to navigate and easy to access. Since I've rarely been outside of suburbia or regional areas, the service coverage isn't a big issue for me.

+ Competitive rates. Comprehensive website and easy to navigate.

- During the peak seasons like Xmas or new year, sending sms can be a traffic jam and message can be lost-in-action.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment
  • 4 answers
  • 65 helpful votes

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2009

I've had vodafone for 8 years and have overall been pretty happy with the service, I currently have a cap which is pretty good value.

+ I like the caps and free phones on contract

- Having to pay to retrieve voicemail. Reception coverage SUCKS! Useless service if you go away from the city alot

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2009

I use vodafone mobile internet in the Adelaide region. The service simply sucks, cusomter service is abs disgusting. For broadband service, they use the same customer care number as mobile phone service.You always get lost in the IVR options and never be able to talk to a customer service agent. They also have a poor coverage and top of all they never repair it or update you or let you get out of the contract. Overall it sucks.Be careful

- 1. Poor coverage
2. Pathetic customer service

Murgon, Queensland

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2009

I got Vodafone for my daughter and was told coverage here was good. The only place she can get service is at home in 1 room only and in front yard only she has no service for almost a 20klm radius, yet we were guaranteed cover. My partner is with optus his drops in and out, I am with Telstra and I always have service. Vodafone just does not have the coverage they claim to have.

+ good pre paid plans on $29 jumbo cap

- cannot get service 90% of surrounding area where I live yet my telstra phone always has service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2009

This service has completely disappointed me. I expected a nice and sound internet with stable connection and a persistent speed. What I got was a pathetic attempt to compete with other networks internet. The coverage was horrible. The unreliability greatly works me up. It's so frustrating trying to use one. I should have taken a look on the internet reviews before buying this because now I'm on a contract and however tempting it is to cancel it with 180 dollars i don't have the money on my right now. Vodafone just created this as a way to not be left out in the internet broadband craze. Vodafone has disgraced itself with a horrible product. I recommend never to get Vodafone as your ISP as long as you live.

- Completely unreliable, unstable connections, hopeless, days were the coverage completely falls out, fails at basic operations, vodafone.

• 3 comments
  • 10 answers
  • 35 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2009

I have been with Vodafone for many years and I am happy with their service. They are cheaper than the other service providers and for what you pay you get a whole lot more credit e.g. recharge with $29 voucher and you get $150 worth of credit plus on top of that get $150 extra credit between Vodafone 2 Vodafone so a total value of $300 for just $29. Plus when you buy recharge vouchers from Woolies you get 10% off which is even more of a money saver.

+ Cheap rates; bonus credit when you recharge on the flexicap; free Vodafone 2 Vodafone minutes (talk time;) can do things online instead of calling customer service such as activate sim cards, recharge, check balance, check bills etc.

- Sometimes there are delays when trying to get through to customer service; reception coverage sometimes drops out.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2009

I signed up for their mobile broadband 5GB plan at $39 per month on a 24 month contract. The coverage, speeds and reliability were terrible. For the majority of the time that I persisted in using this service, I experienced dial-up speeds and drop-outs every few minutes, and days at a time where I wasn't even able to connect. I did notice that the best speeds could be achieved sometime after 1 AM when the network was less congested, but gave up trying to connect during peak times.

My queries to the technical support team were met with such sound advice as "call back if it's not working in 2 days". Of course I did not receive any discount for these down periods.

After about a year, my situation changed where I had to have a reliable and fast internet connection. In total I was charged approximately a $250 exit fee (I think it was $20 for each remaining month on my contract).

I now get my Internet through BigPond, and have been really impressed with the service so far. It's a little more expensive, but works as advertised.

+ For a few months here and there it was tolerable.

- Vodafone.

• 1 helpful vote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2009

the worst company i have ever had to deal with,seriously, and when i look at some of the other views i am tending to think that a few vodafone employees/representitives have been busy on their laptops...would never recomend vodafone to anyone would not wish such a curse on anyone.

+ nothing at all to tell u the truth

- the stores i went to always offered poor slow service,and never fixed my problem,then when i wanted to recharge via credit card over the phone on a ifferent credit card it took me over anhour to do so. now i am looking to switching providers and after paying $75 for the code found it did not work and had to contact there customer service who is actually a f#$*in robot that struggles to understand what im saying and wastes my time talking about things i have already attempted, then after 15 minutes of blabbing on the robot finally puts me through to a person who then has a problem with their phoneline from wherever they are (propably india) and i am forced to ring up not once more but twice. finally after over an hour stuffing around their phone works and the guy on the other end is rude and not too keen on listening to what i have to say, he then informs me that vodafone will contact me within 10 workin days (possibly up to 16 days) and they will sort out the problem. also i have problems with the network just disapearing at times and compared to my friends having full service most of the time i am blessed with a whole 1or2 bars or no service at all most of the time.

1 of 61 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

Answer this

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.