Sydney

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Loyalty discount is a joke!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

I got a new iphone 8 with $30.50 loyalty discount in the $60 red plan. Paid my first bill with full price and contacted vodafone almost 1 month ago. I'm about to be billed again and they keep inform that my case is under investigation and nobody is able to solve the problem.
Ridiculous customer service!

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Greensborough voda phone store rudest worst customer service seen in 50 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Greensborough voda phone store just provided the worst customer service I have seen and I am a Gm of a large company with many stores.
How bad is it when a customer who is a friend tells the store person to serve another customer (us) as he was not buying and the person ignores this totally as he had asked us to wait a couple of minutes some 10 minutes before and then ignores us completely and in fact asks the other store person who was serving a buying customer could he serve us but he advised he was still 5 ways from finishing.
Times must be too easy for this store

If there was option of zero star I would have give that to vodafone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Worse network coverage. Called customer service to complain. They always say there is no network problem in your area. But cant even call or receive phone call.

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I have been with other provider and just changed to Vodafone after we changed our house and the other provider did not have good coverage on my area. In Vodafone shop, when I asked how long will take for my new SIM to get activated, I was told it will take 10 minutes. It has been 3 days and I still cannot make any call and I am sure my SIM card will not get activated any time soon as they always say the same thing and do nothing. First day I spent more than 2 hours in Vodafone shop waiting for my SIM to get activated. First they told me it will take 10 min, then 30 minutes and then they told my sorry something went wrong while your SIM was getting activated and it will be activated with in 4 hours. After 4 hours I went back to the shop and this time after spending a lot of time waiting they told me it will definitely get activated in 24 hours. I was told I cannot cancel my new SIM as it will cause more problem. After 24 hours I called the support and they said you need to wait another 24 hours since we had an outage and your SIM could not get activated. It has been 3 days I am calling them after 24 hours and wait around 40 minutes on the phone for someone to check the activation situation and always I get the same answer which is Sorry we had an outage and we could not activate you SIM and it will be activated within 4 to 24 hours.

I made a big mistake to go with Vodafone. Definitely I will change to other provider.

1 star is 2 high for these clowns

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Ok so have an outstanding dept from a few years ago that is a black mark on my credit file, i am currently in a position where i can repay the dept in chunks fortnightly, after spending now close to 4 hours on the phone with these clowns i am being told lies, i was told that they would generate a outstanding bill and email it to me saying i could pay in installments (no email came thru) i then called to ask what was happening as i hasn't received anything, just to be told that i was given "false info" and that they could not do this. Apparently they can print me a bill if i go in store. lies again, NOTHING!!! i'm now back at square 1. excuse me if i'm wrong but I'm trying to pay them their money that I owe them shouldn't they be jumping thru hoops to get it i mean they chase me with harassing phone calls but when i want to fix it the world goes silent?? I feel crap and defeated and feel trapped into not being able to right my wrongs. i understand i screwed up in the past everyone does it but it shouldn't be this bloody hard to fix.

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2018

I am paying $80/month, and what i am getting lot of frustration and anxiety. Its hard to call overseas. Need to redial 20-30 times...ridiculous
And the costmer service centre told me this problem is from last few days, it will take time to fix. And put my ph on hold...

Bad Customer Service Elizabeth

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Went into Elizabeth SA there was a 15min wait standing... When I finally got to the counter the customer service was really bad, the man spoke to me rudely he was of slight African decent slim build, only one from the 3 workers with a white shirt, he left me at the counter waiting another 5mins while he went and assisted an Asian man who he spoke to nicely he also spoke to an African lady nicely, but Me he made me wait spoke to me with a bad attitude, now I warned him that I do reviews online He said So what I don't care...He had no reason to treat me badly. After I'd had enough of this guys bad attitude towards me only...which was quite racist....O told him Right You've just lost a customer... I ended up spending my $150.00 on Optus instead..
Great customer service at optus, good demeanor and I got a chair.....so Vodafone lost my service & my money because of this rude man/African decent with White shirt....
Won't go back to Vodafone especially in Elizabeth SA. He should care about his job and the customer.... Not be Rude! Put it this way if I was violent person he would have got hurt today with his bad attitude..

Worst experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Never received my order for iphone 8plus.. been waiting a month now and and have called customer service more than 100 times and they actually dont give a damn about it..all they say is the will call me back with updates and never does.. name of the customer service assistant that i remember are [name removed], [name removed], [name removed]and [name removed] and lot more that i dont remember the name...and on top of it they’ve actually sent me bill for my first month. Ridiculous!!

Terrible coverage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

Stars
O- coverage
0- costs/charges
2- customer care, wait over 20 mins at a time, all do with other services, not happy with any server on this one.

Adelaide

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Businesses who don’t care even for their own image can’t be trusted

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

I got into a post paid trap (contract) that I wish I had never committed myself into five months ago; and that’s how I got to learn that Vodafone’s business model has been designed to get more financial gains from their customers through certain patterns and abusive behaviour. Let me explain how:

They apparently make too many mistakes in their dealings with their poor customers, but they all seem to be to their own advantage. I believe their policy is to make these systemic and particular changes to customers’ accounts to maximise their financial gains but make them look like “ MISTAKES”.

There are three different groups of customers when it comes to such indecent business practices.

1) JACK POT TYPE, these customers never pay attention to trivia and therefore never even realise what’s wrong.
2) POTENTIAL TROUBLEMAKERS, these customers realise what the issue is and make a few attempts to fix the INNOCENT MISTAKES made by this so called TELECOMMUNICATION GIANT. They may or may not chase it up to the end.
3) JUSTICE SEEKERS, these are among those who really get a chance to see the devil himself and get hurt. They get hurt not because of the INNOCENT MISTAKE that has happened but by what lies a head of them if they want to undo what’s done.

To fix these “ INNOCENT MISTAKES”, they are set to begin a never ending journey of going to India back and forth for God knows how many times. It is during these attempts that they realise how unimportant their time, unsatisfaction with services and frustration is to the customer care team.

By not signing up with VODAFONE, respect yourself and value your time.

one of the worse customer service in Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Sales person said i will get $850 worth of free international calls and when i got invoice i got charged for international calls then i called that sales person more than 100 times and left messages he never called me back. i did not sign plan i don't know who sign the papers behalf me. finally i called customer service and they said that's not our fault that's dealer faults and dealer will call you in 24 to 48 ours to solve this problem i did not receive any call from dealer and after 5 days i called customer service again they said its not in their hands. i lost at least $800 because of Vodafone.
very bad service never ever will go with Vodafone. network is very bad too.

• 1 helpful vote

Atrocious

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Worst mobile provider in Australia, awful signal/coverage/reception and worst customer service ever, I walked into a store to ask about some service questions and he just said I don't know and walks away so I left a week later!

Disgusting telco provider. No customer service. No coverage.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Disgraceful Telco provider. No customer service and no consideration for customers.. No internet connection. Not good value for money. Must be the worst Telco provider ever.

Atrocious Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I have power of attorney to manage a relatives account. I have submitted documents(PDF) authorized by the courts to act on their behalf.

I have a confirmation email confirming receipt of all documents and my appointment from " Vodafone Support" t act on the account. So I needed some help in sorting the account details and when I contacted them - would not help me as they couldn't access the details. Just wanted to change payment details- virtually told me to get F******

woeful service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

We are a mobile phone store operator, tried to help a prepaid vodafone client who is 80 years old who has not been able to simply replace a sim card or use the service for 2 months,They have no customer service facilities at all, fully automated online backlooping service,which follow through if you mange to get them on the phone, you are required to have a pin code,.. lost it,forget it.. your screwed,they will not assist or verify you..the worst attitude of a telecom service provider i have ever seen..DO NOT USE THEM period!..

Sydney, NSW

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Downright hostility towards the customer!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Staff in the Pitt Street Mall store in Sydney can't even seem to summon a smile or welcome customers. Very little initiative bordering on hostility. As someone involved in the retail education and training sector, I'd say these Vodafone employees are very poor ambassadors for the brand. Not an experience I'd want to repeat. I finally coaxed them into identifying and fixing my problem. The chain is only ever as strong as the weakest link. All the expensive advertising in the world won't reverse the negative effects of indifferent and sloppy service.

perth

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Worst and most unreliable company on planet earth

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

I am close to loosing my job thanks to Vodafone. It takes up to 21 hours to receive a voicemail notification. I have missed out on thousands of dollars worth of work thanks to their pathetic, slow, useless computer systems. I will tell you my story. I went into the Vodafone shop and asked to buy a prepaid phone, I was told they no longer do them just a month to month contract. That was their first lie, they still do prepaid. Anyway, I was told I can cancel anytime as it was month to month. Later when I tried to cancel they said I was locked into a 1 year contract. Then the first 4 monthly bills were incorrect. I was being charged for services I didn't sign up for. I got the usual apologies and told it was a 'technical problem'. I was told this for 4 consecutive months. I wanted to cancel but told I could not as I was locked into a contract. Then I started missing out on work as people would call me when my phone was busy or I was busy and I did not receive any notification of voicemail until the next day. The first time it took 9 hours to be informed I had voicemail, the following time it was 7 hours and yesterday I got a very important message from my manager at 5:30pm but did not receive it until 2:10pm today some 21 hours later. This is the third time my manager has called me and I did not respond, now I face possible unemployment thanks to Vodafone. The first time I was told it was a technical problem and was reassured it was reported and then told the problem was fixed. The second time I was told to go to the Vodafone shop and get a new simple card, which I did. The third time, after nearly losing my job, I demanded financial compensation and was told 'that's not possible'. I stated they can't charge for a service they don't provide but was fobbed off with nonsensical excuses and the usual 'it's a technical problem and will be resolved'. I made the big mistake of buying a Note 8 for $1600 which is locked to Vodafone, my biggest regret!!!!!!!! So now I can't switch networks. What I would suggest to anyone who relies on a fast, reliable service is to go with another company. As I said I nearly lost my job because of Vodafone's very poor service and numerous technical problems. I have had to resort to buying another cheap Telstra mobile which actually informs me of voicemail straight away. I now have to carry 2 mobile phones from 2 different providers thanks to the disastrous 3rd world service which Vodafone provides. Also, they outsource their call centres to a foreign country, they speak broken English and don't have a clue what you are talking about and do not care. They hang up on you if you get frustrated. I have a $1600 Note 8 which is only good for watching YouTube on and a $50 Telstra phone for making calls, receiving texts and voicemail. If you go with Vodafone after reading these reviews then you are a fool and you will regret it. They lie to their customers, they have numerous technical problems, they have a very poor customer service and their bills are always wrong. Vodafone has to be the worst company I have ever dealt with. Not just bad but shockingly bad and they will not offer you 1 cent in compensation for all the stress they give you. Do not rely on this company. Do not trust this company. Do not give these 3rd rate cowboy charlatans you're hard earned money, you will regret it!!! If I had to some sum up my experience in a few words? An UTTERLY PATHETIC UNRELIABLE RIP-OFF!!!!!!!!

I wish I could give 0 stars.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

I wish I could give 0 stars.
I had a mobile line which I'd called to cancel.

So you can't just call to cancel the line. Only a member of the cancelation team can do it. And they will call back within 24 hours.
Only they didn't. And made me on hold for over 3 hours to cancel.

Thought that was the end, only to realize that after the supposed termination date, the line was still active, and when I called again, they said I would get a bill.

So you can call them to cancel and they can choose not to cancel.

Welcome to the hotel California.

Melbourne

• 4 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Laughable.. so much hate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Ran away from Optus, ended up here and they're just as terrible. The Vodafone app (one of their main revenue streams) is a piece of sh*t, barely ever works. 90% of the customer reps are untrained, abrasive and unhelpful. I've just switched to Moose Mobile, sick of pouring money into these huge companies that don't bother improving product or customer experience but rather channel all their resources into increasing revenue. Bye bye f***kers

Bad phone. No service. No help.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

You sold me a lemon and you are no help in fixing the problems. The store doesn't answer their phone, and your 1555 people are no help. I'm all done with Vodafone, and l'll do my best to influence others about your horrible service.

1 of 67 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

Answer this

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

We live in Adelaide by the beach and look st the cell tower.
Have to go outside to stop drop outs.
Had a rate change early feb 2018.
Did not go well.
Got ripped off.
40.00 for 30GB.
Cannot drop vodafone.
All talk and LIP service.

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.