Useless customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Contacted customer service about some old bills I needed that I could no longer access through thw vodafone app.. Was told I would have to go into a store and they could print them for me as customer service cant access this info. Said fine and went to the store. Was told by the store that they need to request them from vodafone and they would be emailed to me within 2 weeks. Not happy but said ok. 2 days later half the bills I requested turn up in my email. Contacted customer service asking for the rest of my bills and was told dont worry they will turn up. 2 weeks later still nothing. Contacted customer service again. Basically told they cant help me. Need to go back to the store and request again and wait 2 more weeks. Asked to speak with a supervisor. Same things from her. Vodafone your customer service sucks. Give your people in customer service the tools they need to help your customers otherwise they wont be your customer for much longer

Not even worth 1 star!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

The worst connection, I have all my Gig’s and yet and the connection is soooo pooor that it takes for ever to upload!!!! This company really needs to get their act together.

Ridiculous Vodafone Service !!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

It took more than one month to repair my phone! Two issues here! One been the time taken for them to repair (more than one month) and other is the cordination part.I gave more than ten phone calls and their customer service has the same set of words.Lot of apologises but no one provides a correct guidance. Vodafone customer service center is located in India and they think Perth to Habart where their service centre is few hours drive.
I wont recommend any body to use Vodafone.

Verified Customer

Worst customer service ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

When I purchased a 1 year plan with Vodafone, I was told that I’ll get 50GB the once my data was over, I’ll get unlimited data at a rly slow speed.

I just finished my data and was automatically charged $10 for 1 GB add on. When I contacted them regarding this issue they told me that I don’t have unlimited data.

Before purchasing this sim plan, I double checked with the sales lady to make sure that I get unlimited data.

When I told Vodafone now, they did not take any responsibility for their mistake, said that their stores is a dealer store only, and apologized that there is nothing they can do about it, and if I have a problem I should visit that store that sold me the plan.

I was super disappointed with the attitude and service. The Support guy [name removed] was treating me like I was a liar who only wanted free stuff. Whatever happened to the saying “customer is always right.”

I will never deal with Vodafone again. By far, this is he worst service I have experience.

Shocking company!!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I hate Vodafone so much!!!! After being a customer of theirs for something crazy like 17 years, I suddenly found myself in a dire financial situation. I owed them over $400 and was recieving disconnection warnings. I decided to switch to Aldi Prepaid Mobile (which was half the price for the same inclusions) and just deal with a payment plan from Vodafone’s debt collectors. I called Vodafone to say tomorrow I am switching fo Aldi and ask how long it will be before my debt is handballed to DCs. The guy decided to offer me an almost equal deal to what Aldi was offering and begged me to stay with Vodafone. I agreed, then at the end of the call I reminded him that it will take me 6 months-ish to finalise the $400 I owe and he said “Well obviously, if you’re in this situation”. It wasn’t long before I was on this amazingly cheap new Vodafone plan, but the disconnection warnings began. I was able to pay a bit, but I still owed them $400. After begging them on the phone to allow me a few months to finalise the $400, I was continually told no, no, no, your service will be barred. So why did that IDIOT on the phone sign me up to a new plan if I owed them $400???? He said it was ok to pay it off slowly. They were so rude to me on the phone. Shocking company!!!!!

Worst network

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

Worst network and internet is too slow and they are least bothered to fix the issues. Too costly for their network.

Vodafone disappointment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Have been a customer for 10ish years. Got a new phone with new sim. Couldn't activate and when I rang them on somebody else's phone they told me it can't be done on the phone or online. That I have to go to a store!
And inconveniently they deactivated my old phone without notifying me. So no means of communication.
And they call themselves a communication company!

The Worst Sales and Customer Services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

On 25 September, I got a call from Vodafone representatives offering a $50 plan, and I got a 30gb and free wifi pocket with 3 GB per month. I asked if the plan is on the website for me to take a look at the details and he said its exclusive and it is not on the site. I don't really need pocket wifi and that lots of GB, but he said it is a good offer and you have nothing to lose, and you can cancel at any time if you’re not satisfied, but I assure you will be satisfied with this plan. When I ask is there any cancellation fee, he only answered “I guaranty you will be satisfied with this plan” I asked for more than four times, and that's the only thing he said. Then I agree and take the plan without knowing any further details. Then when I hung up, I checked the website and discovered that there is a cancellation fee. And I got a message as well says there is a cancellation fee and if you’re not satisfied with the plan within one month, you CAN cancel your plan without any charges. I try to call to cancel the plan immediately, but the server is busy, so I decided to go to the nearest Vodafone store nearby the next day.

There, I found out that I'm registered in 2 plans which is $35 for 30 GB plan and $15 for the wifi pocket plan. I extremely feel deceived and ask for help, but they can't help me because its an online offer and its different from stores. So, I call them again and ask to cancel my plan. He said I need to activate the sim card Vodafone going to send me so he can cancel them. But that's not making any sense. If it's not active yet, why should I activate them? And the address they wrote last night was wrong as well even though I have spells for him several times. And I need to wait until December since they had to send the sim card to the wrong address and needed to wait for it to send back to them.

Then I come back to the Vodafone store and explaining everything I talked on the phone and ask them for help. Then the Vodafone employee tried to chat the Vodafone and asked me to come back tomorrow since the Vodafone representative needs to ask his supervisor about this issue.

So, I come back the next day and ask for updates. But there is none. Then I call them again. The Vodafone employee help to talk everything out and he managed to cancel the $15 plan and said that you wouldn't have to pay for the $15 plan and if there is any, the Vodafone will take care of it. But not the $35. He asked me to wait until Tuesday for the Vodafone to checked the call recording to check and clarify if the representative didn’t explain it clearly.

So, I waited till Tuesday, but there is no call. So, I called the Vodafone on Thursday and asked for updates. The $15 plan is not even canceled, and he can't help me and asked me to wait for them to call me back regarding the call recording. But, on Wednesday, I got a direct debit for $44.99.

None of the problems is settled. First, I asked for the cancellation fee information several times, and he didn’t answer it directly. The message said you cancel, but you cant. No clear explanation of the package, no assurance of what happened next, they said its done, but it's not. I extremely feel deceived, tricked and frustrated. Very unprofessional. Please take care of this issue seriously and as soon as possible. Thanks

Sydney

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Be aware!!! Zero star for One bar network..

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I have been a Vodafone customer for past 13years.
I have moved to a new area and when my service was upgraded 5months ago I was promised the network towers were being set up and in a month the service would be great. It's been a nightmare.
Please do not sign up with this provider as I am now stuck with them since I got a mobile on monthly payment plan. I am paying $45 for mobile and and another 45 for network that isn't available 24/7. To make matters worse they actually tell you that "according to the technical team your area has great network".
I insisted on an email id where I could send a video or snap of my no network at home proof. However they dont have one.
Stay away from Vodafone. I f I could help one Australian I'll be happy.

Harvey

Private message

If there was a negative rating, I would give it the highest negative rating possible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Honestly the worst customer service ever. Wanted to change my sim from being on a postpaid plan to a prepaid one as it suits me better as a stay at home mom needing only wifi. I thought they understood that but when the next bill came I was disappointed and angry because they still put me on postpaid and automatically registered me to another plan without my consent at all. Totally disgusted with their lack of respect for customer consent. It seems to me that most if not all their customer service people are not qualified at all, they don’t speak the language that well and have a hard time understanding what you want. Totally wasting time with numerous on holds, transfers, and misunderstandings. Horrible customer service.

• 1 answer
Private message

Useless oversea call centre that only work on script

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Why we continue to use overseas calls centres I do not know. Ringing Vodafone with a simple question is never answered because these people only work on script and cannot think or answer for themselves. To keep your customers keep the call centre in Australia!!

Cheater and misguiding customers.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Hi,
Be careful if Vodafone offers you any deal. Initially they agree and once you sign contract they don't fulfill their promise. I have recently faced this issue, they promised to send me apple watch (by paying $20 extra/monthly) once I will sign contract but now they don't want to. So my suggestion is, always get in written prior to sign contract with this cheater company. Don't trust them.

DONT EVER GO WITH THEM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I have been using vodafone for the past 2 years and when my plan expired, they didnt contact me. So I ended up paying more than $500 FOR A PHONE I HAVE ALREADY PAYED OFF! When I told them I was cancelling and requested at least one bill compensation, they said it was my fault because I never asked. ABSOLUTE RUBBISH! Pulling all of my family members that are with vodafone out.

Sydney, NSW

• 1 answer

Vodafone- The worst service level

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I have been using vodafone for me and my family members for almost 10 years. While they are one of the most expensive network provider, I stayed with them for loyalty purpose. For last 2 months I am unable to login to my account via weblink and everytime I try to log in, it comes up with an error message (403)- whatever that means. I rang vodafone several times and the customer service don't know what this error code means.They pass it on to their 'technical' person and I get a call from them but the problem remains. The technician says "I will come back to you" and never does. I have been to vodafone store too a few times and they just say the same thing "I will pass this onto our technical team".
I don't recommend using vodafone to anyone. Their customer service, when you need them most are hopeless, not helpful or knowledgable or perhaps they don't care any more as they may have already too many customers.
One more thing, if your bill payment is over by just one day, they will continue calling you for payment!!
Time for us to boycott this rubbish network with worst customer service team?
Please let us know if you have similar experiences with vodafone.

Verified Customer

Delay in delivery false promises at the time of sale

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Hi
It’s been more than 2 weeks since i ordered my iphone XS Max . I don’t know what’s happening with my phone .how long it’s take . SO DISAPPOINTED should choose some other provider. Trusted because i was using Vodafone from last 2 and half years ..

Customer Care Factor = 0

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

Network coverage is okay (WA).
Phone packages (sim + data + calls) is good.
Customer service is terrible. In WA the economy has gone to the doghouse and it’s taken lots of people’s jobs down with it.
If a customer is experiencing financial hardship Vodafone are just terrible! Here are your only two options:
1) A whopping 2 weeks extra to pay your bill (from the due date, but only if you haven’t asked for additional time to pay within the last three months). Seriously? It helps like a hole in the head, because we all know we only experience hardship once every three months and things like job losses never happen and are certainly never the cause of bills piling up. Once every three months an additional two weeks to pay helps- not.
2) Financial hardship solution from Vodafone, for example if you lose your job and are scrambling just to keep your head above water, is to give you a few weeks to pay your bill and bar your phone altogether! That’s sure going to help me get that much needed job! Thanks!

Vodafone, my friends and I keep having these conversations but this time I’m not forgetting it- at the end of these phone contracts I’m taking my entire family’s phones to Telstra. Telstra know how to treat their customers and, unlike the black holes of zero coverage we currently experience when travelling around the country by car, Telstra will have us covered! And when I call them with the very same requests for extension of time to pay they are ALWAYS able to assist me.
Vodafone = 0 respect for customers.

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Vodafone is crap!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

Tried to recharge and got locked out of account. Got charged $2 for every rejected attempt. Money got put back eventually but too much hassle where it's not needed. Couldn't get it resolved when I called customer service. Too many technical nonsenses!

Oakhurst

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Bad customer service, company supports criminal theft from customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

I have been Vodafone customer for many many years now.
Up until this month everything was ok until Vodafone offered one of the monthly repayment deals. I excepted new phone and tablet on 2 years plan.
After a month I received bill $1600 for September month alone. Than my wife received bill of $500 for same month although she is on prepaid deal.
Vodafone argues that I have selected premium services and also my wife. I have no idea what are they talking about. I am 45 but certainly not stupid when it comes to scam awareness. So they took my money and today I terminated contract with them. Now I have to fork out another $1600 to pay off handset and tablet, and I just want to get out of grip of these criminals before more nasty surprise comes.
Never ever with Vodafone again, just like I stopped with Optus back in 1996 when they robbed me too.

My argument is this, if Vodafone decides that I owe them $1milion or $1600 in this instance for next repayment than that is equally same, robbery, theft.
And what about that customer service, they were so happy to get rid of me, unbelievable.
Bye bye vodafone.

16/10/18 New message
Hi all, it's been few weeks now and I am so upset with Vodafone. Vodafone turned my life upside down with this crime. I had normal everyday life without problem and easy access to all my social needs, family, facebook, ebay, emails. Than Vodafone offered new phone on plan, I accepted without knowing what is coming. Well $3300 bill came.
Since that ordeal (well ordeal never stopped since I haven't recovered yet) I haven't purchased any new mobile number because I feel confused and I don't trust any provider any more. I am doing fine without Phone number but I feel like I've been vandalised and left to rot. I'm so annoyed with Vodafone.
morons, fools.

• 1 review

Awful service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Awful service
Threaten if you don't pay straight away then you will lose your phone number {illegal under Australian law and not ethical either)
Signal drops even in metro areas...
Kogan is just as good but much cheaper.
Awful online chat help... No discretion

Salisbury Park

• 2 helpful votes

Unreliable service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

I've been a long standing Vodafone customer well over 5years, throughout this time I've mostly been using the prepaid service which has performed well. However, in recent times, I'm discovering the connection line is dropping out frequently. Ironically, with Vodafone support on several occasions. Hopefully, they improve their infrastructure soon.

1 of 78 pages