This is terrible, cheating customers by hiding real information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Network's coverage is poor. They are cheating customers. They promise a lot of benefits to customers. In fact, they are cheating customers. If you really check the plans, you would understand that they are ripping off us. These liars won't say everything when you are going to sign a contract. Even the contract copy they give us doesn't say what happens in case you want to cancel the contract even the next day.
Completely cheating. Recently I came to know about these things. Now I am unable to move. They have somehow locked me in. Trying to find a way to get out of it.

Not an honest company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

We had the messaging service for one year, then we did not need it anymore, we cancelled. After 6 months they restarted the service without our authority and send us a bulk bill for the 6 months. Every time we ring to cancel, the excuse is: no cancellation received. And again they stopped for a while and re-activated the service recently without authority. A complaint was lodged with TIO.

Unrealistic customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

Could not understand most of what I was saying and continually repeating myself 3 or 4 times. Not very helpful and ended up hanging up without any resolution.
All this and I was only trying to pay my account which is still not resolved.

Hidden costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

I received messages that Vodafone had added 1GB data as they say I have used all my shared data. I turned off my mobile data hoping that I would not exceed anymore until my inclusions reset. But the next day I received a txt message again that I have used up all my extra data. How did that happened???

Canberra

• 2 comments

Blatantly Dishonest & deceitful Sales practices

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

Totally unsatisfactory illegal withholding information as to the Plans they have available: falsely Answered question, in order to sell longer Data Plan, & thus increasing sales commission.

No loyalty offers for existing customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

I have been with vodafone for the past 23 months with note 5 as my phone. I wanted to upgrade to new note 8 plans. No benefits for being a loyal customer. Not even a single dollar value. I get whats being offered to a new customer. Also, unlimited calls feature has been removed. Not worth being on another 24 or 36 months for no layalty offers. Unfortunately, the customer service reps are too bad in even discussing about it. Will never go back to them again. They don’t value the existing customers at all.

• 1 answer

Unexpected $560 out of the blue charge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Just got paid today looked at bank account and shock $560 gone to these criminals like how can they begin to justify that.

Sim Card Crap

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Useless people. Can't help you without an automated system. Can't change your number from 1 Sim to another without an automated system.

Hervey bay

• 2 helpful votes

Loyal customer for over 12 years means nothing to vodafone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

I have Been with Vodafone for over 12 years and never had any issues until February 2017. I hate that I can never speak to someone in Australia and they ask me the same questions and recommend the same advice which has already been done for eg try the sim in a different device and new SIM card. Every time I need to make a call Or receive a call I have to be outdoors otherwise it cuts out of reception. Vodafone tell me that they have full coverage where I am located. I have a brand new iPhone 7 and brand new Vodafone SIM card and still doesn't work. I have tried the SIM card in spare iPhones and the same thing happens the reception drops out so I know it's Vodafone.
They can't do anything for me except charge me $800 to cancel the plan. So much for the thousands of dollars I have spent and been a loyal customer all these years. I lived in this same suburb before and never had these issues. I have also lived all around Australia and never had theSe issues.
Very upset and disappointed after all these years I always recommend and spoke highly of vodafone but not anymore! I will never recommend them again. I pay $119 plan every month

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

The Worst Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Keep away from the huawei g8 or any huawei phone, had the phone less then a year vodafone sent it to there repairer and tried to charge me $20 a week for a small cheap trmporary phone. Vodafone said it was liquid damage and it was my fault so therefore I'm not covered!!!! They said the phone is damage and can't be fixed!!!
I took the phone to another repairer his fixed it and said there was no liquid damage!!!!!!! And still vodafone denise it. And the excuses from vodafone how liquid can get in your phone are ridiculous, so bad worse exexperience keep away from vodafone!!!

Brisbane QLD 4101

Private message

DISGUST at the lies they make their teenage staff tell!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

Been with this mob for 20 months - horrible horrible experience. I lost it in two if their stores in Brisbane when the entire teenage staff ganged up and stood behind the laughing staff employee who insisted the manager was on annual leave in the two stores she took me to. I told her outright "you are lying ... why?" I had travelled an hour to return an iPad 4 days after it arrived. Was promised a 14 day cooling off period was in place and what do you have to lose?
Apparently my sanity !!!!!! In 4 minutes months I move on and plan to celebrate leaving this disaster of a so called company. Teach your young employees to honour your policies not lie their behinds off. DISGUSTED.

Victoria

Private message

Beware of their sales rep online

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

I was asking regarding an upgrade for a postpaid plan and ownership transfer online on live chat. I was told to upgrade and I could do the transfer after. Not once did the rep mentioned anything about if I transfer ownership after the upgrade none of the bonus offered will be transferred. If I knew I should have just ported to Optus as they had a better deal without having to negotiate for more data for being a loyal customer for many years. Once they upgraded the plan they just say another department is in charge and to call to transfer. Walk into a store the next day and was told that I should have done the transfer before upgrading the plan because no bonus will be transferred. Absolutely disgusted by the sales team for not mentioning this as all they care about is getting you to upgrade and stay with them. Case is currently now in dispute.

Vodafoney

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

Customer Service is pitiful, unhelpful, obstructive, misleading, embarrassing. $200 dollars for a loan phone to replace the broken phone they sold me. then the wait time went from five days to ten days. Pure Rubbish. Voda Phoney.

Vodafone is so good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

In short, you went to the store sign up for new phone plan for 2 years contract. After 2 years you have to CANCEL your phone plan by contact "VODAFONE", you can't cancel your Phone plan At The "SAME" Store (the server are bad. Totally deeply poor).
In the end, lesson learn, never go with wonderPhone, because you don't know what feeling they will amaze you with after you sign up with them. So stay safe and keep out of "WonderPhone".

Private message

Complete lack of customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

Bought a phone less than 3 months ago that behaved like a piece of crap. Wasted one afternoon returnig the htc u ultra to be told it was all sorted out the back of the shop. Crap. Bluetooth still sounds linke a grammaphone. Spent another after noon being told they'd fix it but it would take seven days and requires a $200 retainer. I have two phones with these scumbags and ive never missed a payment after ten years. Great customer trust. Crap service, crap customer care. Dont buy from these scumbags. Will pay out my two phone contracts and try someone reliable.

Sydney, Australia

• 3 comments
  • 13 helpful votes

Vodafone - A migrant nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

It all started around 23 months 20 days back when we took two sim and phone plans with 24 months lock in.

After about 3 months, we had to change house due to inevitable circumstances. But we moved just 1km ahead (800 mt straight line distance according to maps) and thats when our plight started.

I got frequent call drops and disturbances diromg the call. I had a work phone so the impact was not huge. I raised and they said it was an outage. I ignored and carried on. Since I had my work phone, I never bothered. And i think thats where I did a huge mistake. I kept on raising issues every 4-6 months until about 6 months back when i was informed that the area in which you are staying offers no outdoor connectivity and limited outdoor. I was dumbstruck and informed that the call disconnect issues are also in my balcony. So, they said that limited outdoor means you have to go to the street to make a call. Seriously!!

When I raised, I WAS INFORMED THAT SINCE I CHANGED MY HOUSE AFTER SIGNING THE CONTRACT, NOTHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT.

I have raised it with TIO and vodafone is paying me a couple of 100 dollars back. However, with the trauma that I have faced, I would suggest you all not to opt for it especially, if you are staying near Parramatta/ Westmead/ Wentworthville/ Marylands.

BEWARE PEOPLE!!!

Goldcoast

Verified Customer

Outages

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

If you live on the Gold Coast in these areas and you have Vodafone as your services provider ask for credits as these areas have been identified by Vodafone as having service issues - No doubt they never told you....
Arundel, Ashmore, Parkwood, Labrador, Runaway Bay, Paradise Point, Southport, Surfers Paradise, Bundall, Helensvale, Benowa, Pacific Pines, Broadbeach, Miami Coomera, Upper Coomera, Hope Island, Nerang, Hollywell, Highland Park, Robina, Varsity Lakes, Mudgeeraba Carrara and Main Beach.

• 2 helpful votes

Not happy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

Upgraded handset and was told that when my plan ended would be able to go on a much cheaper $29 plan + pay the same handset instalments as I go... Time passes and when my plan did indeed end I'm told that if I want the $29 plan I have to pay off the handset in one go, otherwise go on a $50 plan with instalments. They're just liars, I'm very frustrated and disappointed. No clarity and plenty of empty promises that they can't back up. Very expensive compared to other companies, I'm sure of it.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Staff.....why such staff?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Coverage is fine. Prepaid plan which is value for money. Staff interactions are obstructive , ageist and patronising. problem solving or sorting out customer difficulties seems to be a power that resides with some other person who is unable to be specified or contacted in any reasonable time. Time for them to upgrade training and to sort out what their objectives are in actually running forums or other social media .
I am actually kind of grateful that i have had this experience because i was going to look at their rumoured NBN service. I cannot begin to imagine how they will deal with all the problems around that service.

I will be gone as soon as i can

Sydney

Private message

Hidden charges everywhere! and you are just a number to them!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

Customer service lady was polite but keep justifying how they are entitled to charge customer. You can't ask for the data to be capped - they will keep charging you if you go over. They treat customer like a number.

1 of 58 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.