• 1 comment
  • 9 helpful votes

Fastest NBN service I've had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

I recently switched from Aussie Broadband to the Vodafone 100Mbps download plan. The ordering process was easy and the router was plug and play, no major setup required.
Once connecting my WiFi devices to their router, I've been nothing short of amazed at their speeds, even during peak hours (93 to 96Mbps down).
Yes, they make you take their router, but I am okay with that as it also includes a 4G backup service (this sold me), should the NBN service fail, which provides peace of mind.
You can use your own router if you want to and I was for a while, but only their supplied router is supported (as in phone tech support), so keep theirs handy if you want to use your own, as they will ask you to plug their back in.
There is no set fee, just keep in mind if you cancel you need to pay $5 per month, multiplied by the months remaining in your contact (for the router). Given the cost savings of $20 per month compared with my previous provider, Aussie Broadband, I am more than happy with this :)

Just keep in mind that if you need a static IP address, Vodafone NBN is not for you as it's dynamic.

Awful service

Awful service
Threaten if you don't pay straight away then you will lose your phone number {illegal under Australian law and not ethical either)
Signal drops even in metro areas...
Kogan is just as good but much cheaper.
Awful online chat help... No discretion

Salisbury Park

Unreliable service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

I've been a long standing Vodafone customer well over 5years, throughout this time I've mostly been using the prepaid service which has performed well. However, in recent times, I'm discovering the connection line is dropping out frequently. Ironically, with Vodafone support on several occasions. Hopefully, they improve their infrastructure soon.

Very poor. Don't want use this network again. Looking for other providers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Customer care team don't how to talk with customers. Last week i got a call from Vodafone that lady was very rude she think she is more smart and customers are stupid.

Brisbane

• 4 answers

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

I have been a long standing happy customer until they cancelled my plan 2 times in 2 years. The link they sent is not user friendly to find a new plan. I'm not after anything fancy just basic phone and a little data. Seems they are forgetting the little people that keep them running.

Gold Coast

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Crappy customer service.
Retail staff provided wrong information so that I bought the products.
Called customer service afterwards and was told to go back to the shop instead. They said they couldn’t help. What a joke!
Wish I could give zero star.
Stay away at all costs!!!!

Redcliffe

Very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

So frustrated with Vodafone! I have been with these guys for 10 years, trouble free until recently. At the moment I’m absolutely disgusted!

Christchurch

Bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

The worst ever phone company. Went to Fiji and got ripped off by Vodafone. Advice don't use Vodafone. We were going to Fiji and thought that we would change to vodafone as it looked cheaper. I bought a sim registered it and called vodafone in NZ to discuss my options. The man said I must pay now and when I arrive in Fiji I then text a code and it would be ready to use...simple yes?? I did that, got to Fiji texted the code and it said I did not have enough credit. I called Vodafone and a rude person told e that I used all me credit. I told him I had not even switched the phone on from the call to Vodafone in NZ. He was very rude and told me that he refused to refund me. I asked for his supervisor and he refused. Si i paid again and got the plan going. Aftera few days the data was so slow we could not use it. I called and a rude woman told me the they use third party providers and have no control over the quality. I hung up and called my provider 2 degrees and paid a bit more and got great data and good service. GOOD ADVICE Stay away from Vodafone....they are bloody useless.

Beware Vodafone hanset Insurance is junk Insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Beware: This is junk Insurance: I took out Vodafone handset insurance for $15 a month on my sons Iphone 6S. It was stolen and even with Police reports and all documents the fine print of the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) allows Vodafone to say the phone is now redundant, they do not have to offer another phone like a 7 nor a reconditioned 6S phone. PDS table offer is only $399 and a whopping $300 admin fee. The admin fee if I actually had got a replacement phone was only 150. So no phone but still have to make monthly plan and handset payments for the next 6 months of a 2 year plan.
Always read the small print in the PDS.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Terrible coverage sydney inner west

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I have recently decided to upgrade my phone theorugh Vodafone and now realise what shocking coverage they have right in the middle of the largest city in Australia, Sydney. If you have ever travelled on the train line form central to strathfield and beyond the mobile reception is disgraceful. For a company of Vodafone’s size it’s time they fixed this issue. September 2018

Mebourne

Private message

Not loyal to their customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I’ve been a customer of Vodafone for more than 10 years.
One payment I missed they sent me a text telling me they will disconnect my phone. No warning or courtesy whatsoever. You'd think they would be nice after being with them for so long.
I’m moving after my contact ends next month.

Wheres your loyalty.
From time to time I get sent surveys I will give you guys a bad reputation and when I talk to people.

winmalee

• 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

went on holidays 3 weeks in western Australia coudnt make or receive calls until got back to sydney had network coverage in places full coverage but useless if you cant make or receive calls

Maitland nsw

• 2 comments
  • 15 helpful votes

Easy port over

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

Easy to port over from amaysim to Vodafone good reception in my area never had problems with Vodafone always been very helpful to me good staff need better coverage in rural areas other than that no complaints

Complete muppets

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Have totally screwed up my upgrade,sent wrong color phone(returned it) two times correct phone was not despatched then a duplicate phone arrived day after,now need to sit and wait for a courier to pick it up(8am-8pm) will not let me drop it off to shop and save me a day of waiting complete amateurs!!!

Private message

Worst mobile service known to man.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

I paid for a $7 add on with the guarantee that i was going to get 2gb bonus. Instead after checking my transcations on my own credit card i got charged $30 and they couldn't refund me since the account was registered to my parents ages ago since i had the number from my early high school days.

Adelaide

• 3 comments

Verified Customer

Vodafone Store downstairs Marion S.A.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

This is the small store on the lower ground mall. Efficient and friendly service. Nothing was too much of a hassle for them to handle. They even gave me some bonus accessories free with my new phone. I later had to get them to correct an error in set up and they handled this perfectly.

Ryde

Misleading

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

Signed up a contract only as was assured to try the service for free cancellation in 1 month (else would not have signed up), cancelled after 1st 18 days due to network issues and after speaking to cust care i ported my numbers to another provider in 20th day, they said as assured i wont be charged a single penny since it was not even 1 month, recently i received a bill with $500 (2 nos in contract) early exit fee. voda cust care mislead wrongly assuring its customer to jeaopardise the situation. Very disappointed

• 6 helpful votes

Internet speed is terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

They don't offer good deals to long service customers, yet they're always advertising deals that are loads cheaper than what they offer. Internet speed is ridiculously slow too.

Huntingdale, VIC

Refund not given

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

After finishing off from vodafone, I tried hard to get refund of excess payment made by me, but everytime I had to wait for long to discuss the option of refund, the customer care executive will end up saying that they are not able to excess or verify the account and advised me to go to vodafone store with proof, when I go to vodafone store at Fountain Gate, they always say 'we can't help you...contact customer care for refund enquiry'. Poor service, always harass the customer. On the other hand they will call; number of times to me to change plans. My number was [removed].
Due to this reason, now I am with optus.

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Every month my mobile bill was wrong and I had to call up to fix it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I was with Vodafone for about 8 months. I can honestly say they are the dodgiest company I have ever dealt with.

Every single month the data usage was wrong and I was over charged. After phoning to query my bill the same man would apologise and change it back to $80. When I asked to speak to someone else he would say, "There is no one else". How can this large company only have one person to speak to? Was he given one area to manage and calls automatically went through to him? It was very strange in this day and age for such a large company to only have one customer service person. Depending on his mood he would fix or not fix the data amount. Maybe he could overcharge people at his own will and take the profits or got commissions or kick backs? I put up with this for 8 long months. How many ongoing services do you have where you have to call up every single month to amend a bill that is not consistent with the rate you signed up for?

The phone coverage was very poor. It did not work in buildings or outside of major cities. I would not recommend Vodafone.

2 of 78 pages