Goldcoast

Verified Customer

Outages

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

If you live on the Gold Coast in these areas and you have Vodafone as your services provider ask for credits as these areas have been identified by Vodafone as having service issues - No doubt they never told you....
Arundel, Ashmore, Parkwood, Labrador, Runaway Bay, Paradise Point, Southport, Surfers Paradise, Bundall, Helensvale, Benowa, Pacific Pines, Broadbeach, Miami Coomera, Upper Coomera, Hope Island, Nerang, Hollywell, Highland Park, Robina, Varsity Lakes, Mudgeeraba Carrara and Main Beach.

Not happy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

Upgraded handset and was told that when my plan ended would be able to go on a much cheaper $29 plan + pay the same handset instalments as I go... Time passes and when my plan did indeed end I'm told that if I want the $29 plan I have to pay off the handset in one go, otherwise go on a $50 plan with instalments. They're just liars, I'm very frustrated and disappointed. No clarity and plenty of empty promises that they can't back up. Very expensive compared to other companies, I'm sure of it.

Staff.....why such staff?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Coverage is fine. Prepaid plan which is value for money. Staff interactions are obstructive , ageist and patronising. problem solving or sorting out customer difficulties seems to be a power that resides with some other person who is unable to be specified or contacted in any reasonable time. Time for them to upgrade training and to sort out what their objectives are in actually running forums or other social media .
I am actually kind of grateful that i have had this experience because i was going to look at their rumoured NBN service. I cannot begin to imagine how they will deal with all the problems around that service.

I will be gone as soon as i can

Private message

Hidden charges everywhere! and you are just a number to them!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

Customer service lady was polite but keep justifying how they are entitled to charge customer. You can't ask for the data to be capped - they will keep charging you if you go over. They treat customer like a number.

Bad bad bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

I have used vodafone for 2 years and i have find that they are very bad and not trusted company any as i lost so much money by cheating.

Wollongong

Never again!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

Having so many problems with network coverage and when i call to resolve the problem not one person can speak good english so a call that should be 10min ends up nearly an hour after one problem is solved there is another i changed my payment details 3 times online each time didnt work and finally said it was being reviewed the time came when my bill needed to be paid and it didnt go through i called up and payed immediately and was still charged a $15 late fee telling me their system was down and my payment details wernt changed but i was still at fault because i should have called

Private message

Don't use Vodafone!!! Disgusting Customer Service!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

No phone coverage for 3 Days traveling from Western Australia to South Australia!!! SOS mode!!!!! Complained to a consultant at Vodafone, which he wasn't even listening to my story! Then I asked to speak to a Supervisor who was just as rude!!!!! Richard Branson should really take control of this failing company and start again!! You have lost me forever Vodafone!!!!!!!!

• 22 comments
  • 4 questions
  • 15 answers
  • 31 helpful votes
Private message

Vodafone very poor warranty and customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Recently I was experiencing difficulty recharging my Samsung Galaxy S5. It is still under warranty and still on contract plan.

I went to the Vodafone owned store (not a franchise store) to have my phone problem fixed.

I explained to the store staff that the phone when being charged would start and stop charging and that I was about to lose all battery power. I told them I had bought a new charging lead and still had the same problem.

The person I talked with happened to be the store manager and told me that because the phone was missing the small dust cover that covers the charge port the warranty was void.

The manger also told me the following -

It was common for these plug covers to break.
(they are held in place by tiny piece of rubber).

It was a design fault and Samsung no longer had these on later phones.
(strange how later phones are covered by warranty despite not having this flimsy cover).

That I would be wasting my time asking to send the phone for warranty repair, as It would not be fixed and I would be asked to pay for the repairs.
(Repairs which apparently could cost me upto several hundred dollars)

He said neither Samsung nor Vodafone would fix it under warranty.

He said, I should be more careful with my phone.
(Huh? My phone sits in a $55 Otterbox case and has a $30 tempered glass protector on the face of my phone. I am fairly certain I look after my phones)

He told me to go and have it repaired privately as it may be cheaper.

I went and got a quote from a phone repairer, the quote was $370. I naturally did not take them up on that.

I went to another phone repair shop and paid $20 for a new dust cover, fitting included. I also bought a new $60 battery thinking perhaps it would fix the problem, it didnt.

I phoned Vodafone customer service, they told me the same thing as the store, but more politely. Told me I would have to pay to have fixed.
(Bizzare how a $5 dust cover can void a warranty on a $650 plus dollar phone, I believe this to be a major consumer rip off by both Vodafone and Samsung)

I went to a Franchise Vodafone store where they tested the charge and was told that there was nothing wrong with it. They told me not to use generic after market charging leads for charging. I bought a new Samsung lead - cost $30. So far so good, phone is now charging beautifully, thanks to helpful staff in a Vodafone franchise store.

My original Samsung lead had failed, I bought an expensive new generic lead and as it still wouldnt charge I took it in for warranty repair. Where I was treated dismissively and with contempt.

Interestingly a few days ago Vodafone called me to tell me about their new phone only deals, frankly I now couldn't care less about Vodafone. All up I have been a Vodafone customer for about 10 years incl the last two.

Next week my Vodafone contract expires, naturally I will not be renewing it or dealing with Vodafone again.

perth

• 5 comments

1 year and still can not pay my bill online

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I have contacted support many times for about a year now as i can not use my card to pay my bill online each time someone calls me back and when i try i still have the same problem i can not pay. I hate calling every time to pay over the phone its a big hassle for me. Im moving both my accounts away to someone else.

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

Staff in store are always patient and super helpful. Haven't had any issues with their coverage. Can't complain about anything.

• 2 comments
Private message

Customer services need better training

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

We have three plans with Vodaphone for seven years they were good at some stage but the worse thing when having an issue, you need long time to spend with the customer services on the phone, also they don't care if the company loose customers, however thank you Vodaphone for the years we were together, we are moving to another company.

Below Zero Vodafail

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

The network coverage failed to deliver on national & international roaming. Ongoing lies, shocking customer service, technical support & complaints unit to investigate. They promise to repair & fix ongoing making my holiday a living hell. Hours, days weeks trying to seek help. They finally admit fault making a mistake when it's too late. Further investigation I had to provide numerous time IMEI they couldn't verify - They refuse to pay out of pocket expenses. I bought the handset locked to vodafone on prepaid. They kept asking me to recharge, recharge, data hardly worked.

Worst experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Vodafone is the worst. Their service is the crappiest ever. You can't get network any where. When you go to their outlets the csrs are the most useless rudest people to deal with and when you call their call centre to cancel the people over there rather than solving your problem is only after signing you up for another contract. It is not worth the money which is quite high for the level of service. Terrible experience!!!

• 2 questions
  • 5 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Appalling customer service - borderline on fraud

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Back in April, I paid $693 for a bill - expensive, yes, but me and my family used a lot of data/txt addons. I'm not complaining about the size of the bill.
On the 1st of August, Vodafone says the payment was reversed/rejected, and credited to my account for an unknown reason, and that I would need to pay the bill again. To this day, I still have not received that refund. Two days ago, I was forced to pay the bill a 2nd time after constant threats of phone service disconnection.

So I have paid an expensive bill twice and am out of pocket nearly $700, waiting for a refund that's somehow disappeared into the ether. Vodafone staff hopeless, say they cannot trace the funds, blaming it on my bank.
After several phone calls and live chats and getting the run-around, I have opened a credit card dispute with my bank. I'm not sure when/if I'll see that money again, but I will fight.

Never been so angry with a company before.

Private message

The worst company to deal with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

Extremely dissatisfied with the recent experience.
They do not even repair or replace a phone that is still under warranty.
I'm on the process of Working my matter with the ombudsmen.
I'm still under contract with them but refused to solve the hearing issue but still want me to pay extra for it. Now they say there is dint in my phone which did not exist before. Never ever believe them.

Melbourne

Worst experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Thought I'd try Vodafone big mistake! Bad reception bad customer service, I ordered a mobile and tablet, I received 4 tablets and two phones, over charged massively for 3 months credits took 6 months, hours on customer service with no resolution.. ended up paying out the contract so I didn't have to deal with this horrible company

melbourne, VIC

Private message

prepaid vodafone not cheap but its good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I like this mobile network as my prepaid card because when i run out my data, I still could access their top up website without problem. they also provide vodafone application for us to do recharge or track our used history.
for the price is fair. 1st customer offer 50% off. thats good deal.

Melbourne

worst company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Very poor network converge . They don't network guarantee. Vodafone big scam network guarantee. They refusing to fix the issue and cancelling the contract

Private message

Not recommending to anyone to go with vodaphone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

My mobile causing problem 3rd time as per their policy i have right to replacement but disappointed with their team. I wasn't offered much option or i can say equivalent or better option so decided to change the provider...been with voda phone from last 6 year does not worth anything and also earning others too.

Windsor

Private message

Best data for money, good value, loyal customers get better deals

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Fantastic, answers quick and can usually sort out everything, live chat is simple and it is easy to use online

2 of 58 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.