melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Cut off my voicemail

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Vodafone stopped my voicemail. Voicemail stopped working unbeknownst to me! I missed many messages with zero alerts. When i checked my voicemail, i was asked to set it up from scratch. It was already set up and working without issue!!!! What's going on here? Poor practice resulting in missed calls to me the customer. I will never recommend this company. -1.

Terrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Terrible experience and network in Torquay 3228 and while I requested them to change my provider. Vodafone charged me early exit fees and I left vodafone 15 days early and they still charged me full money. Stay away from vodafone Alert !!!!!!!

Rozelle

• 2 helpful votes

Techncial Support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Since November 2018 I have been in contact with Vodafone technical support as I am unable to download MMS messages on my Samsung S8 from anyone who sends one from an i Phone, I initially went to the Vodafone store in Sydney and they were unable to fix the problem and contacted their Tech support team. This team is absolutely hopeless - they ring me and I explain the problem and then they recommend a change and ask me to get someone to send me an MMS. I do this and they say they will ring back in the next 24 hours often it takes over 3 days to hear from them. I tell them again the problem hasn't been fixed. As it is never the same Tech person who rings I have to go over the problem each time with the new person - (seems like no-one reads any notes they claim they make on any file) They ask the same questions each time which is the Wi Fi off and mobile data on and then they try another fix with the same result, and again get me to phone some one and get an MMS sent, I have done this countless times - it is very annoying as I have to ask people in their working time to send me an MMS from their i Phone. The tech support people can't do this which would be more useful so I could give them answer as to if the fix worked immediately rather then waiting for them to phone me back which can up up to 3 days.

It is now 3 months and I still can't get MMS from people with i Phones. I have put my SIM in other peoples phones and I am able to receive the MMS. This can't be the first time this problem has occurred.

I have not been getting the full service from my plan which I have been paying for - Vodafone need to fix this and discount my plan fee until fixed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide

• 3 helpful votes

Phone support - poor English

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Made the mistake of extending my contract by phone. Was a torture test trying to understand what the sales person was saying/offering. In the end I inadvertently downgraded to a plan that is costing me more. If you need sales support, make sure you speak to a sales person that speaks reasonable English.

Worst worst worst customer service people

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

I ordered a router 3 weeks before, they gave a week delivery notice after chasing this for more than 3 weeks they update that the router is missing in shipping and asked us to wait for another couple of week to settle tis. We really frustrated and cancelled the order. Again we went back to store to get the router and paid all the amount and booked the nbn installation and came back again we were waiting for the nbn person to install but not arrived on the given appointment. Again called back to the vodafone service and got the answer like we dont have any details under ur name and no appointment is booked online for the mentioned address. Wow! hats off to all the people who sincerely works for vodafone. Still i was not solved with the issues anyways. PEOPLE PLS BE AWARE OF THIS SUPER DEDICATED EMPLOYEE WHO NEVER CARES FOR THE CUSTOMERS. SHAME ON U ALL.

Poor Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

I am Vodafone customer for last one and half year, got a mobile from them over 2 years time plan with sim for my wife and got my own sim only plan. To my surprise in 8 months it was revealed the sales person had added insurance cost to mobile n sim plan without our knowledge and consent and we were paying this for no reason while we were covered under our content insurance already. So we got it cancelled. After one year my sim only plan was out of fixed contract and free. I keep on getting calls to get into best plan where as I was in my desired best plan already but they perhaps wanted me to get into locking contract again to ensure I do not leave them. After so many calls, my answer was same. But somehow I was passing by their Rundle Mall store and walked into to find what are the options, may be i can upgrade my mobile if its viable. To my surprise I was there for 5-7 minutes, waiting and looking at the staff, most of them busy with their customers, even one or two apparently sitting and able to assist but none of them bothered to acknowledge me and asked why I am there. I am very terrible with such a response from outlests, so did not want to waste my time any more and left.

Inefficient knowledge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Customers care don’t have enough knowledge to provide customers about postpaid and prepaid services. It’s wasting my money and time

Website never works for personal account login

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

I have tried to login to my account and it shows this .....『Sorry, it looks like we're having a few technical problems. Please try again later, or call us for free on 1555 from your Vodafone mobile or 1300 650 410 from another phone. Standard call rates apply.』 """"What the"""
so difficult to login to their website.

Nightmare customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

Never, ever get any contract with Vodaphone. Their customer service is an absolute nightmare. After many unexpected charges, coming to £60 in the first month, whereas I was only paying £15 for the same usage with giff gaff, I decided to cancel. Thought this would be easy enough as I was not on a contract. However, it took about 90 minutes online answering stupid questions, and it was only when I threatened to report their customer service online that they finally agreed to give me my pac code, only to then tell me that their system is down so they cant give it to me. This was my third attempt to exit this company. I imagine all Vodaphone's customers are just people who have given up. All I can think of now is to cancel my bank cards. Absolute nightmare. Don't go with this company. And don't even get me started about their overseas rates. They charge £6 a day in Australia even if I don't use my phone, and they charge £6 per mb even if I'm not using data, but connected to wifi.

Perth

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer

Data use

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

I was receiving 9GB data on my plan and still had unused data at the end of the month. Vodafone has recently changed their plan (apparently better for the consumer) and instead of the previous 9GB, is now giving 17GB.
Better deal????
As i said, with the previous plan i had data left over, with this plan my data is all used days prior to having to recharge.
I do nothing differently. I don't stream. I don't watch anything.
So why am i using more data ????
For some reason vodafone has upped their data but also upped the rate of data use.
Vodafone may have good plans, but to some degree they are as shonky as telstra!!
The customer service is as bad as telstra as well.

Verified Customer

WARNING DO NOT TRUST THE VODAPHONE COVERAGE GUARANTEE - ITS WORTHLESS!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

WARNING DO NOT TRUST THE VODAPHONE COVERAGE GUARANTEE - ITS WORTHLESS! If you cancel and refuse to pay for non provided service they will ruin your credit rating!
My name is Brian Phillis. I moved from Telstra to Vodaphone based on their coverage guarantee. I activated the SIM on my phone but right from the get go, the coverage from vodaphone was not acceptable and I complained to many of the vodaphone customer service people. I informed the Vodaphone people that I would not be activating my wife's SIM and that I wanted to exercise the coverage guarantee but I would persevere with my phone. In the end I had no option but to opt out at a cost and Vodaphone was very good in assisting me. Now they have activated the debt collectors onto my wife's account and will not accept reason that the SIM wasn't activated because the coverage wasn't up to an accepted level. I have tried reasoning with their debt collection people AUSDEBT and with zero empathy or commitment to a positive resolution. In fact, [naem removed] from AUSDEBT responded with this amazing quote: "When you signed into the contract you would of read the terms and conditions where it states ‘’ Client doesn’t guarantee service to 100% of Australia – On the basis a service wasn’t provided, doesn’t make them exempt from payment. The onus is on the customer to ensure that coverage is available in their area before signing for the service.’’ Clause 4:11
You took out both services and then decided not to active one of the SIM cards. Dispute is noted but not valid. (sic) Collections will continue" And the sim card was never activated!
My mission is to inform everyone that I can that they cant trust Vodaphone! The guarantee is only marketing rambling to catch more people!

Private message

Nothings changed for the better

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

Transfer from Telstra as data caps were more generous and was quickly disappointed,network coverage in a capital city is shocking and network congestion meant some text messages took over a minute to send.happy to say Vodafone are no longer my phone carrier

Impossible to Exit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

Have been using Vodafone for about 6 months.
Barely any information is required to be able to set up a plan with Vodafone but when it comes to editing I am expected to go to a store (nearest is 2 hours away) or provide drivers license/Medicare etc as well as having signed declaration from justice of the peace etc.
absolutely ridiculous.

Ridiculous

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

They asked for my personal details to verify that was me. Then they told me it was "something wrong" happened and I had to visit the store, which is nonsense to me. How am I supposed to get my personal details wrong? I just want to check the end date of my current SIM plan and it seems hard for them to assist with just that inquiry.

Absolutely hopeless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

Use to be with Vodafone for many years til I was no longer able to up grade in store, only online so I thought ok but asked to have it sent to my work place. When trying to do so their system kept ignoring my change of work address, and after speaking to an actual person to change the incorrect address to the correct one, I was assured it would be taken cared of. But instead these people still sent it to the wrong address and I was expected to pay for a phone that I didn't receive and I called back asking which address it was sent to I was told they sent it to the wrong address after I spoke to a person to change it but they can't get that right.

Western Australia

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Service on exiting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

Having been a Vodaphone mobile customer for over 10 years and switching from Vodaphone to another provider was like an impossible task. Vodaphone customer service , in my instance,seems to lack the knowledge of making this smooth transition to my new mobile telephone provider easy. Instead they complicate matters. Don't deserve the 1 Star

Laidley Heights

• 3 helpful votes

No bars!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

So for some inane reason Ive been with Vodafone for years, hoping it would improve. Nope. I have next to no coverage in my house which makes it very hard to receive and make calls, obviously. As soon as this.cobtracts ends I'm switching. Ridiculous.

Private message

No morals taking money from a person that had passed away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

Deal with Vodafone has been so upsetting for me. Trying to close an account after my sister passed away. Rang them to say she had passed away on 28th Sept. Only for them to say they require the death certificate. Which I took in to the Noarlunga and they scan on the 24 Oct. Which should have been then end if the story. Only to find when I got the next bank statement they had taken out more money on the 23rd of November. I called into the Marion store as I was there when I opened the bank statement. The girl was very helpful there she told me the account was still active. She documented what I had told her. But told me to go back to Noarlunga as that is where the death certificate was scan from. I went back to Noarlunga and with the help of [name removed] he did another message to the accounts area telling them I had produced the death certificate and that I require a refund of $60 back in to her account. Her account was closed late December and they still hadn't refund the money. So I rang them on 27th December about the refund I was told I would have to produce the death certificate again if I wanted it put in to my account. I told the gentleman that they already have a copy why would they require another copy. I told him this is such an emotional time dealing with the loss then having to deal with this as well. He told me to go to the store and get them to send the information required. So today went in to store. Spoke with [name removed] he rang 3 times and even he was getting no sense from accounting. How hard is it to fix your system. Another provider that my sister was with I just rang them and it was dealt with then and there. End of story no money taken out of her account only your company. But [name removed] felt so bad for me he gave me $60 out of his own pocket. I was so emotional today over the whole ordeal. It is about time Vodefone review there procedures in this circumstances. This should never happen to anyone else.

sydney

• 4 helpful votes

Horrible Customer Service - Rude, condescending and Unhelpful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

I just spent 45 minutes on their live chat, giving them all my details and the agent suddenly told me that my DOB was invalid and to go a to a store. After arguing for a while I asked her (Krisli was her name) to escalate the issue to a supervisor she told me she could fix the issue (that’s convenient...). We agreed to have a call, and over the phone she told me that in fact she still can’t help and to go to a store instead. she then proceed to say “bye bye” and hung up on me. Alll I wanted is to change my prepaid plan to a contract...horrible CS.

Verified Customer

Horrible service, no service at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

Horrible service. Tried to get a broadband with them. Took my money, for 3 weeks didn't manage to send me even a broadband though promised after 7 days to make it life. Had to call them 8 times. Be prepared to stay on the line for 40+min. In the end get hand off on you.
Had reached a lady in customer service, told that I didn't receive my router, she said ''I will manually order it from you, stay on the line''. I stayed on the line, got disconnected, at once called again, reached some other guy and with same address he wasn't able to verify me and proposed to go to a local branch to verify my ID. Can you believe? I though ou well, maybe the girl will finish what she has started, she knows what I need. No noone did anything.
When I finally reached them after 3 attempts staying on the line each time 40min. I cancelled the order. And now get the emails that I need to send the router back and if I don't I will be charged 72pounds. It is a total scam not a genuine company. They don't even have an email where you can send a complaint.

2 of 84 pages