Threatening and disrespect

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

So basically i forget to turnoff my hotspot and the data runs about 16GB that day, and vodafone send me just one text message (they believe they sent 9 messages). I ask for advice that whether i can turn off the mobile data and just making phone calls, therefore there will be no extra charges in the next few days until reset. But they are keep pushing a deal of a $720 yearly plan to let me upgrade to solve the problem. Put simply, they believe either i upgrade to a $720 plan or otherwise i will get screwed if i keep using my mobile, and their way of speaking with a customer is absolutely aggressive. When i ask whether the surcharge on that day can be offset, they threaten me and said "i can see you didn't pay your bill, and is already overdue for 1 day, but i paid just 10 min before i made a phone call. It looks like he want to say "you didn't even damn pay your bill, why looking trouble on me?" They said im speaking too fast, but they were talking like a bullet, and interrupt me many times before i want to say something which is absolutely non-professional and rude. Until i speak to the other operators said i want to cancel my vodafone contract, they willing to upgrade my plan for $45 a month. Have been with vodafone for 4 years, and that's what i get for paying over $60 every month

• 3 helpful votes

Thieves

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Vodafone thieves they sell phones under your name to someone else and you have to pay for that. All the staff stupid overseas people who cannot even speak English with their stupid accent. I'm not satisfied at all and i do not recommend them to anyone. Please don't buy from Vodafone. I've been their customer for years just paid my bills every month without knowing whats going on!

Private message

Rip off and impossible to exit contract!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

I was promised my bills would be never go over $80. I am not faced with bills of $250.. and I'm not even working right now!!! I have called customer service, who said I need to go in store. I then go in store, who said i can only do it online. Apparently I need to do it at Chadstone. They are the worst and costing me a fortune!!

Worst phone plan ever!!!

Truganina

• 3 helpful votes

NO stable 4 G service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

Worst service ever !! . I am getting NO 4G signals , 3G if i am very lucky and yet been paying for 2 iphone plus services total of $220 for at least 10 month. Been reporting problem since last October and I've been told there is "on going work " in my area and there is NO completion date .They have been charging for a service they cannot provide . The retention department rep had the balls to give me $5 discount per service , what a joke . I've been with Vodafone for at least 7-8 years , maybe longer . I had every intention of staying but they have made sure that I leave the network and never return !! . Not I am stuck , they cannot cancel the service until I pay off the devices which totals to over $1000 . They fail to understand that , people buy phones on instalments because they don't or can't up upfront and yet they just want me to produce $1000 or stay on the network and keep paying for a service they cannot provide .
Will be happy to hear a response from any Voda rep out here .

Sunshine Coast

Consistant, Happy with the Product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

I have been with Vodafone for 5+ years, they have provided a consistent steady service and proven to be reliable. I don't travel into regional areas very often, so network coverage is great for me and my family.

Scamming lying

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

They lie, scam, and offer terrible customer service in store and by phone. Can't understand each other, they spell details how the believe they sound, rather than how you tell them something is spelt. Important details like my full name date of birth, etc. After many years of lame customer service I'd suggest going else where. Cring worthy

Gold Coast

• 2 questions
  • 2 answers
Private message

What they did was wrong, wrong and wrong

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

On the 23/7/18, at the Helensvale store, I agreed to a 24 month contract for $45 pm, with a phone and with the loyalty discount it came down to $38 pm over 24 months. The phone was to be delivered to my home on the 24th or 25th. On the 26th I went in to the Helensvale store and was greeted immediately and informed that I could no longer have the plan I had agreed to. I was told I could have the same phone and plan for $59 pm month over 24 months. The plans had gone up on the Tuesday apparently. I refused and was then offered $50 over 36 months. Apparently that was better. Do they think I am an idiot? I phoned Vodaphone and finally got to speak to an online sales person, who agreed with me. I was to go back into the Helensvale store and get the staff to call online sales and they would give me what was originally agreed to. When I went into the store the girl was argumentative and insisted that I had agreed to a 36 month plan previously as there was never ever a 24 month plan. Not only was she a pushy bully, but an aggressive liar too. You are supposed to satisfy the customer, not bully them into submission. Imagine if they had delivered the phone to my home on the Tuesday or Wednesday, there is no way I could have said, I don't want the contract anymore, yet they can do what they like. Then Vodafone send me a survey and want to know why I am not happy and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. What they did in the Helensvale store was wrong, wrong and wrong. And when given the opportunity to rectify the problem, they became aggressive and still got it wrong. The guy I spoke with at the Logan Hyperdome was no better than the bully at Helensvale.

Private message

Terrible service - avoid the stress; stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

Very frustrated with the customer service, it is not consistent. Some of the staff are helpful when they do answer the phone in time and unfortunately from my experience the majority of them are not. It does not take one phone call to get an issue resolved. Surely take feedback seriously and aim to improve.

Private message

Ripped me of and defaulted me.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

Absolutely disgusting do not recommend to anyone. Had me on five plains at once tried to dispute but defaulted me instead. All Vodafone staff can't speak English properly and have no idea.

Springfield Lakes

Have been lied to

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

Was informed at the store (Orion Shopping Center Springfiled Lakes Queensland) $88 to get out of contract for 2 phones once called up to cancel now it is $217 this is the worst service ever and we have been with Vodafone for 7 years and in NZ for 10+ years the almost 20 years. Would not recommend at all.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Useless customer service and plan

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

I was with Vodafone but no longer now but still I got a Bill and they said that I am in contract with them which I don't know about that. I strongly remember that I have no contract i am not such a fool that I have and I forget. I recommend that every student not to be with Vodafone. Such careless service and no notification and email just a Bill

Sydney

The worst network operator

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

Network coverage is really terrible. I can’t receive certain incoming calls. Just waiting for my contract to end. After that I will change my sim.

SYDNEY

• 2 answers
  • 25 helpful votes

Verified Customer

No Help With Premium SMS Fraud

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

The patronising and condescending attitude of the customer service people (Australian) who are there to help is laughable. I reported a fraudulent charge for a Premium SMS service I have never heard of or registered for. I spoke with an off shore consultant and had to SPELL every second word. I asked to be transferred to Australia and was told it was all my own fault! I am not an idiot and didn't "accidentally sign up to a gaming service" as the consultant suggested. They have offered zero assistance and told me to call the scammer's listed help line. It's a SCAM!!! They are not intending to refund any charges or to publish a warning to customers on their website so I have reported the whole matter to the TIO (Ombudsman) "coincidentally", the day after I did that, I received a "special offer" for a discounted something or rather. Clowns.

Constant Mistakes on bills

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I have been with VODAFONE for many years but I have to admit I was just one of those people that paid my bill each month with out looking through all my charges. Until recently. I have been getting charged an accessory payment plan which is $112.00 I rang up and after been transferred to several people who couldn’t explain it they agreed to credit it. But only to recharge me again for two months in a row. $380 for a month for a mobile bill. $58 of it is to pay off the phone and I have wifi at home. I’m totally getting ripped off. But they can’t seem to explain to me why it’s so expensive. So over speaking to people who don’t know who are not trained. When asked to speak to a manger they put me on hold for a further 30 minutes. Worse telecommunication COMPANY ever.

Mackay

Useless customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

A week ago a lady from vodafone rang me informing me i am qualified for an upgrade, i had to tell her i will ring back as soon as i finish work. So i rang vodafone back and a guy answered, he asked my details, pin, etc. And i told him that im only just ringing back to discuss the upgrade eligibility, he then checked their system and said yes that's correct. So we proceeded and by the end of the call he said its all finalised and i will receive an email confirmation. So i thanked him for helping me out and all was happy! 10 mins later he rang again and said there was error on their system when he tried to finalise. He then said to me he doesn't know where the error is coming from and suggested i go to the nearest vodafone if i want to upgrade because he doesn't know how to fix it from his end. I was so annoyed because there is no vodafone store in my town. I have been a vodafone customer since 2011!!! And this is how they treat me giving me one option that is impossible! So now i cant upgrade unless i drive 7 hours to my nearest vodafone store! They clearly know how to make a customer hate them. I still don't understand why he said he’s confused and doesn't know how to fix the error? And not given me other options!!! Ridiculous! Like dude, are you serious?

Private message

Vodafone T&C is a worst ever I expected. I'm really disappointed their terms and conditions.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

I want to clear my plan and they are not allowing me to cancel plan without exit fee which cost $299!!! I told them I want to clear all my plan dept.

worst network

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

Absolute poor signal + worst customer service
Called customer care from 6 months about the poor signal and got irresponsible reply
we have to pay full amount of money and what we from them is very very poor signals

melbourne australia

Private message

Vodafone - disgusting non existent customer service ability - destroyed our business

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

The only thing vodafone can guarentee every month - is a huge bill?

Absolute poor signal + worst customer service - stop dreaming -

Advertising big tv adds - once signed up - you get shafted one way or another?

India located staff - trying to fix melb and sydney issues for our mobile phones?

Shop staff in sydney - ruined our phone settings - no mms or texts from october 2017 - january 2018

Our customers were really impressed ??

Need to teach them english first - hard to understand - indian-english accent

Really , I think they should just stick to stirring the curry pot .

The only thing vodafone can guarentee every month - is a huge bill

Telecommunication industry ombudsman is the solution - followed by a class action court case.

Brisbane

No refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

i made a purchase of a prepaid plan today. After i saw a lot of bad feedback for Vodafone,
i really don't want to use Vodafone so made a phonecall to Vodafone for refund.
Even my purchase wasn't over 1hr... the Vodafone staffs kept saying the sim card sent..
Sounds like don't want to refund. already some people having same issue.
DO NOT make a payment before finding a feedback from any website.

• 5 answers

Vodafone service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

I use pre paid on a E8 device, this phone has limited internal storage which slows the phone down, yes I know they have cleaning apps but after the clean the adds block it up even further. SD card makes apps not work. Connection is great in my area of Mornington VIC. I like the add on's they provide except your main credit gets used first defeating the purpose of extra data. Customer service is great.

2 of 75 pages

I am switching from a very old phone to an updated model. The new one requires a micro-sim card ( My old phone has the normal sized sim). There is no Vodafone Store to switch cards in/near Hervey Bay, can this be done over the phone and what info do I need to tell them??

JohnT asked on Jul 18, 2018

Answer this

Hi, your Sim card can be broken down, if you pull it out and look at it, you will see lines on it and in between those lines are tiny little joins that hold it together. Just snap the outer part off and presto you have a mini Sim. If your Sim is so ancient it doesn't have it then yes ring up and they should post one out

It must be ancient as there are no lines or joins. Thanks for the answer and I will give Vodafone a ring.

With my vodafone device (Vodafone smart ultra 7) where in NZ would I be able to purchase a battery? Or what's the product number for the battery?

Sammie asked on Jun 07, 2018

i have visited the nearest vodafone store with my passport to have my phone activated after having my phone repaired and a new sim card only to be told it cant be done because the passport number did not match, can you please tell me what else i can do to have my phone reactivated.thank you

yannis asked on Jun 02, 2018

Answer this

If you have other forms of ID like bills, sosial security card, Medicare, key card then take them to your nearest store and this should be enough. If that fails you can arrange a photo ID key pass at your local police station for about $30. They cannot refuse photo ID.