• 1 review

Poor service ever never

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

After I withdraw my mobile number with Vodafone for last 2months, they just kept sending me the bills.
About $214 for last two months with no explanation and just a number on the invoice.
I hope vodaphone shut down straightway, don't hurt the customers anymore plz.

Melbourne

• 17 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Vodafone - WOEFUL - Refuse to exchange a brand new faulty iPhone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

Totally dissatisfied with so called Customer Service. Received my new iPhone 8 Plus and upon setting it up and taking a few photos to check it out, screen just locked. IPhone 8 Plus and upon setting it up and taking a few photos to check it out, screen just locked. Next issue, the phone keep turning off showing just the Apple logo, this would be stuck for 2 and 3 hours at a time. When it did stop, I finally managed to make a phone call and halfway through my conversation, it switched off again, for another 3 hrs.

There is also a terrible echo resulting in not being able to hear the person on the other end properly and keep on having to get them to repeat what they said. I compared voice audio with my daughters iPhone 8 Plus and there is clearly an issue with my phone.

I had the phone less than 2 weeks, rang Vodafone, and was told they will only swap the phone if the fault was reported within 24hrs of receiving it. What a load of rubbish. have since discovered it's actually 30 days and they'll replace it.

So I go into the store in Doncaster Vic, the guy there tells me to take it upstairs to Apple. So I go to Apple and they tell me there's at least a 3hr wait. I left as I didn't have time to wait that long.

A few days later I go to Vodafone Chadstone, the lady does an upgrade on my phone, the audio is still terrible, and the switching off is still occurring but not as often.

So I go back the next day, saw the same staff member, who tests the phone and says it's fine to her and refuses to swap it,B tells me I should go to Apple for a diagnostic check.

After 2 weeks of mucking around, going to different stores I am still stuck with a faulty phone that Vodafone refuse to exchange.

I've been fairly patient trying to get this sorted but getting nowhere. So, now it's time to let the Telco Ombudsman help. I refuse to pay $1600 for a phone that is clearly faulty.

Vodafone you have lost me. Once my contract is up I'm off. I have now also cancelled my kids prepaid accounts.

Not at all impressed with this company or their Customer Service, or lack of.

Verified Customer

Make it easy to join, difficult to quit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

Signed up for the plan in-store. Lots of customer service.

But when I want to cancel? Can't do that in store. Call the customer service centre — they can help with all sorts of things, except cancel my plan (which has no fixed term). No, I have to speak to the specialist team for that, and they're closed. And no, the customer service staff can't leave a message on the system to cancel my plan; I have speak to this specialist team personally. And no, there's no direct number to contact said specialist team, one has to go through the customer service department, who then passes on the call.

Boycott Vodafone. Consumers should remember that they have the power to punish unscrupulous telcos l

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

Let us boycott Vodafone, the unscrupulous telecom who sucks customers blood by overcharging, breaching contracts and bad service. Consumers have the power and it's only unity that is needed to bring them to their senses. So, boycott Vodafone today. Leave the network and give them unforgettable lesson only then they begin to respect consumers. Boycott Vodafone. Now!!!!

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes

Network Coverage is too bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

Vodafone Australia is worst mobile service provider in Australia. I have signed up for 24 months plan and most of the time my phone does not work due to pure network coverage I have contacted Vodafone many time but they said there is maintenance going in my area and it will be resolved soon but this never happens in last 24 months. There is no network in city centre train line. when I have raised complain about this, funny response I got from Vodafone team that they can only guaranty network coverage to my home location not other location, come on really than what is the point of mobile if they can not provide coverage other than home address, I have landline connection for home. Finally I have completed my contract period and moving to Telstra.

Springwood

• 1 comment
  • 3 questions
  • 3 answers

No overseas roaming

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

I landed at London's Heathrow airport and turned on my phone. There was no signal indicating that the phone was useless to use in the UK. But I was not to be without a phone. I went to a UK Vodafone shop and got a prepaid sim card. I was unable to top it up electronically because I didn't have a UK home address. So I just visited a UK Vodafone shop of which there are many in the UK and they loaded it for me and activated it for me too. It meant a changed phone number but at least I could arrange accommodation in advance and keep in touch with family back here in Australia.

Worst 4g internet speed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2017

On 4g network the speed is as low as 3g from long time. Using expensive plan of $85. Telstra, optus is better than vodafone..

Wellington

Great!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

I've been a Vodafone customer for a very long time, I've taken advantage of their plans and deals. Most of the time loyal customers are given special deals such as free data, calls, and texts. For the most part I'm extremely satisified with this. But sometimes I have to wait a ridiculously long time for a customer support person to speak to me.

Backstabbers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

A company without respect for the costumers. Made a contract for a certain amount and after 1 year they increased the amount of the bill without notification. I called them and they said that I just had a discount for a 1 year which now I don't have it. Very very strange, when we update our contract it was nothing said about any discount. Just this is amount and that's it. Very disappointed soon my contract will be finished We are done with vodafone.

Big rip off, forget it!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2017

I just finished a 2 year Vodafone contract, what a relieve!!!
No reception at work and none at home and this living at the sunshine coast!
Paying $ 45.00 each month and not able to use the phone 80 % of the time sucks!
All I got from Vodafone after many complains was the advise to by a booster.
I'm now with Aldi mobile and I can USE my phone, wow!
My advise to anybody ... Don't use VODAFONE!

MELBOURNE

• 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes

Sneaky

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

I found them sneaky and as far as I am concerned they are not to be trusted. I signed up with Vodafone in Willetton WA , total package of nearly $104.00 Za month . I kept on getting charged $119.00 a month , when I went there, they told me to contact vodafone directly. Eventually, I did . They told me to go back to the store which I did today. They showed me the contract in which , they have added phone insurance without telling me. Their excuse is that, I had insurance on my previous phone and they carried over. ( they never mentioned this at the time ) .
It's not the $15.00 a month they have charged me without telling me directly ( I consider this to be totally dishonest and a bit on stealing side Or perhaps, in their book it's being CLEVER, you be the judge) it's the principal .
I would have thought, Vodafone being such a big company, would not allow these type of behavior, I am so wrong.

Adelaide

Look elsewhere for service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

We were attracted to Vodafone Pre-Paid’s long expiry on their credit, much longer than other networks that expire your credit in weeks or months.

After activating a new SIM card, we still can’t ring the number from any other phone. My wife has called Vodafone three times and they say it’s fixed. Guess their idea of fixed doesn’t extend past the “we’ve got your money” part.

Seems they can afford to offer long credit expiry by failing to provide an actual service.

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

I have been hung up in twice when I have called to cancel my contract. this is not an early break of contract. I have had similar experiences in the past where I have e waited an hour or more to be connected to the right department. Pathetic.

Rude Service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

I was on the phone to a help person she got very rude when we needed help or said we don’t understand or we can’t do this. I’m hoping most help people aren’t like this!

Laverton, Victoria

• 1 review

Verified Customer

Run away from vodafone. Really bad coverage and worst complaint resolution team. Network guarantee

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Network coverage is worst. Very frequent call drops and poor data speed. Network guarantee does not apply if you change address. As per Vodafone team, network coverage guarantee does not apply if you try to make call outside suburb of residence. They call them self mobile phone service provider. What a joke!

Schofields, NSW

• 4 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 2 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Vodafone Network in Schofields & Terrible Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

We have a very poor network coverage for our mobile service from Vodafone. We have made number of complains to their customer service people and even went to ask for cancellation of the contract for poor service. They have conducted three different investigations and the last one has proved that they can't improve the network where we are. But they wouldn't agree to cancel the contract.
The last person from cancellation team called us yesterday blaming us for not using the mobile phone given by Vodafone under the contract with Vodafone sim card. I am not sure how the network would improve if Vodafone sim is used in Vodafone supplied mobile phone. This is ridiculous blame. After his alleged blame, we have started using Vodafone supplied mobile phone but in last 24 hours we have no better experience.
I am not sure if going to Telecom Ombudsman would help resolving this issue. We are paying $85 per month for such poor service. If Product Review website had negative ratings, I would have selected most negative ranking for this review.
Regards.

Not registered on network Frustrated customer

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

for a few hours now we are not able to receive any phone calls or make out calls or receive any messages on our vodafones. The person in the Indian call center was not very knowledgeable and could not tell me what is happening regarding the outages. Instead he kept telling me that we have no coverage were we life anyway....and told me to switch the phone on and off which I've done anyway. I'm frustrated and worried because nearly everything is going through my mobile phone and I have no idea what is happening. By the way the message on my phone reads Not registered on network.

Worst customer experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

I just bought a 12 month sim only plan with Vodafone and I am missing Optus so much. Customer support is inexistent. The app for you to check your account and usage don’t work either. I think I did a really bad move moving to Vodafone and now I am stuck for 10 more Months.

Terrible customer service go with any other phone company!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

Terrible signal range. Trying to change to telstra, vodafone support wont release my number. Choose another company youll thank me.

2 of 61 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

Answer this

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.