Liverpool, NSW

Improving it’s service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Vodafone has improved its service a lot more than before. I have a postpaid plan so I get unlimited calls and text throughout the nation. I also get 90 minutes international calls. For $40 a month, it’s not bad. Although, I am not completely satisfied with their service, I hope it will get better.

Perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

I have Prepaid $30 plan with Vodafone , good value for the money you paid, and I am really satisfied with the customer service!

one of the worse customer service in Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Sales person said i will get $850 worth of free international calls and when i got invoice i got charged for international calls then i called that sales person more than 100 times and left messages he never called me back. i did not sign plan i don't know who sign the papers behalf me. finally i called customer service and they said that's not our fault that's dealer faults and dealer will call you in 24 to 48 ours to solve this problem i did not receive any call from dealer and after 5 days i called customer service again they said its not in their hands. i lost at least $800 because of Vodafone.
very bad service never ever will go with Vodafone. network is very bad too.

Atrocious

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Worst mobile provider in Australia, awful signal/coverage/reception and worst customer service ever, I walked into a store to ask about some service questions and he just said I don't know and walks away so I left a week later!

Disgusting telco provider. No customer service. No coverage.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Disgraceful Telco provider. No customer service and no consideration for customers.. No internet connection. Not good value for money. Must be the worst Telco provider ever.

Atrocious Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I have power of attorney to manage a relatives account. I have submitted documents(PDF) authorized by the courts to act on their behalf.

I have a confirmation email confirming receipt of all documents and my appointment from " Vodafone Support" t act on the account. So I needed some help in sorting the account details and when I contacted them - would not help me as they couldn't access the details. Just wanted to change payment details- virtually told me to get F******

woeful service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

We are a mobile phone store operator, tried to help a prepaid vodafone client who is 80 years old who has not been able to simply replace a sim card or use the service for 2 months,They have no customer service facilities at all, fully automated online backlooping service,which follow through if you mange to get them on the phone, you are required to have a pin code,.. lost it,forget it.. your screwed,they will not assist or verify you..the worst attitude of a telecom service provider i have ever seen..DO NOT USE THEM period!..

Sydney, NSW

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Downright hostility towards the customer!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Staff in the Pitt Street Mall store in Sydney can't even seem to summon a smile or welcome customers. Very little initiative bordering on hostility. As someone involved in the retail education and training sector, I'd say these Vodafone employees are very poor ambassadors for the brand. Not an experience I'd want to repeat. I finally coaxed them into identifying and fixing my problem. The chain is only ever as strong as the weakest link. All the expensive advertising in the world won't reverse the negative effects of indifferent and sloppy service.

perth

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Worst and most unreliable company on planet earth

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

I am close to loosing my job thanks to Vodafone. It takes up to 21 hours to receive a voicemail notification. I have missed out on thousands of dollars worth of work thanks to their pathetic, slow, useless computer systems. I will tell you my story. I went into the Vodafone shop and asked to buy a prepaid phone, I was told they no longer do them just a month to month contract. That was their first lie, they still do prepaid. Anyway, I was told I can cancel anytime as it was month to month. Later when I tried to cancel they said I was locked into a 1 year contract. Then the first 4 monthly bills were incorrect. I was being charged for services I didn't sign up for. I got the usual apologies and told it was a 'technical problem'. I was told this for 4 consecutive months. I wanted to cancel but told I could not as I was locked into a contract. Then I started missing out on work as people would call me when my phone was busy or I was busy and I did not receive any notification of voicemail until the next day. The first time it took 9 hours to be informed I had voicemail, the following time it was 7 hours and yesterday I got a very important message from my manager at 5:30pm but did not receive it until 2:10pm today some 21 hours later. This is the third time my manager has called me and I did not respond, now I face possible unemployment thanks to Vodafone. The first time I was told it was a technical problem and was reassured it was reported and then told the problem was fixed. The second time I was told to go to the Vodafone shop and get a new simple card, which I did. The third time, after nearly losing my job, I demanded financial compensation and was told 'that's not possible'. I stated they can't charge for a service they don't provide but was fobbed off with nonsensical excuses and the usual 'it's a technical problem and will be resolved'. I made the big mistake of buying a Note 8 for $1600 which is locked to Vodafone, my biggest regret!!!!!!!! So now I can't switch networks. What I would suggest to anyone who relies on a fast, reliable service is to go with another company. As I said I nearly lost my job because of Vodafone's very poor service and numerous technical problems. I have had to resort to buying another cheap Telstra mobile which actually informs me of voicemail straight away. I now have to carry 2 mobile phones from 2 different providers thanks to the disastrous 3rd world service which Vodafone provides. Also, they outsource their call centres to a foreign country, they speak broken English and don't have a clue what you are talking about and do not care. They hang up on you if you get frustrated. I have a $1600 Note 8 which is only good for watching YouTube on and a $50 Telstra phone for making calls, receiving texts and voicemail. If you go with Vodafone after reading these reviews then you are a fool and you will regret it. They lie to their customers, they have numerous technical problems, they have a very poor customer service and their bills are always wrong. Vodafone has to be the worst company I have ever dealt with. Not just bad but shockingly bad and they will not offer you 1 cent in compensation for all the stress they give you. Do not rely on this company. Do not trust this company. Do not give these 3rd rate cowboy charlatans you're hard earned money, you will regret it!!! If I had to some sum up my experience in a few words? An UTTERLY PATHETIC UNRELIABLE RIP-OFF!!!!!!!!

I wish I could give 0 stars.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

I wish I could give 0 stars.
I had a mobile line which I'd called to cancel.

So you can't just call to cancel the line. Only a member of the cancelation team can do it. And they will call back within 24 hours.
Only they didn't. And made me on hold for over 3 hours to cancel.

Thought that was the end, only to realize that after the supposed termination date, the line was still active, and when I called again, they said I would get a bill.

So you can call them to cancel and they can choose not to cancel.

Welcome to the hotel California.

Melbourne

• 4 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Laughable.. so much hate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Ran away from Optus, ended up here and they're just as terrible. The Vodafone app (one of their main revenue streams) is a piece of sh*t, barely ever works. 90% of the customer reps are untrained, abrasive and unhelpful. I've just switched to Moose Mobile, sick of pouring money into these huge companies that don't bother improving product or customer experience but rather channel all their resources into increasing revenue. Bye bye f***kers

Bad phone. No service. No help.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

You sold me a lemon and you are no help in fixing the problems. The store doesn't answer their phone, and your 1555 people are no help. I'm all done with Vodafone, and l'll do my best to influence others about your horrible service.

Blatant Lies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

I realised this morning that I was receiving all these text messages saying that I had missed a call. However, my phone hasn't rung at all. After 4 text messages, I decided to call Vodafone and was told that I had added a thing called "Call Catcher", where all of my calls are rejected and I receive a message saying I missed a call. Apparently I did this in my sleep!

Furthermore, "Call Catcher" has deleted all of my voicemail, including the voicemail greeting I set up a long time ago. I feel like my phone has been hijacked by Vodafone and I am so disappointed in their product.

Verified Customer

Trust issues from my experience with other telco's, thank GOD for Vodafone and their transparency.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Warning - long review ahead just because I'm so passionate about honest and reliable companies and Vodafone deserves some recognition for their great services! I'm turning 24 this year and I've been with Vodafone going on 3 years this year. At first I was hesitant to join, especially because I was going to be paying off my phone on a plan (scary stuff when you're only use to buying prepaid credit) but I am a heavily budget conscience/skeptical of sneaky money hungry sales people type of person when it comes to dealing with telco companies and I've had nothing but an exceptionally AMAZING experience with Vodafone. Regardless of the bad reviews below, it might be discouraging to see so many, majority rules right? Wrong. Do your own research, go on Vodafones website and see for yourself. Their sim plans, phone + sim plans, prepaid offers, etc.. are better than most out there. They called me when my phone was a few months away from being payed off to offer me another deal, some people get annoyed with Vodafone calling but I'm up for all them deals and my partner needed a new phone! The best thing was that I was able to get that new phone for my partner, use the iPhone 6s Plus I had paid off with Vodafone and ended up getting an even better data deal for my own phone, whilst my partner put his own sim into the new phone purchased on a monthly pay off deal through Vodafone. I was literally just able to switch my data deal around an hour ago (1:00am) to get some quantas points and even MORE data chucked in the mix. Yes I'm a data hog. Really though, that's one of the awesome things about this company, you will always be able to call the customer service centre if you have any questions or need some help 24/7 and if the team you're trying to reach operates between certain hours, they're able to give you a call back which has come in handy throughout the years. Big ups to Vodafone for changing the game.

Brisbane, QLD.

Private message

Best Supermarket Package Deal!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

If you can pick up the Nokia 3, locked into Vodafone as I did for just over $100, on a weekly special at a S/mkt (3 weeks prior to Xmas 2017), or even an extra $50 at the opposition 3 wks later - you'll be doing very well on not just price, but also for the following reasons. First and foremost, unlike other Telcos, Vodafone provide you with 9GB of Data, plus just by Sms-ing them, a further 3.5 GB. Xmas saw a further 3 GB similarly given away, & W/E GB top-ups of 4GB go for $10. Also, Vodafone's customer service is of a very professional & helpful nature - glad to be back with them (after 5 years). And, their CEO, is a regular guest on the radio station "Talking -Lifestyle"- so you can keep up with all the current promotions they have to offer - and they're very competitive!
The phone itself, (if you hate the idea of paying $1000 or even $500 for Just a phone,- like me[!], and usually don't wish to pay anymore than $50 for a functional phone), is essentially of an Apple or Samsung class, or at least an HTC!!
Two of the most important things when buying a mobile phone, are Battery Power & basic Internal Data Storage. The more of each, the better you can expect your phone to continue working.
This phone, the lowest of the new revamped Nokia range, surpasses my last Huawei Y560 by 600 mAh, and with 16GB internal storage, that's about twice previous Microsoft, old Nokias, & Telstra generic $50 phones, also purchased from S/mkts! (Although, that said, it's still only ½ the basic storage, that comes with an Apple.)
Previous phones mentioned were only 3G speed. This is 4G, and inspite of a better battery compassity, still chews through the power quite fast, due to the faster running speed.
None of the Battery or Data Storage is listed on the box. As are not, my final two favourite features. This phone has an Aluminium Frame. It feels firm, sturdy, and solid, unlike the others mentioned, only made of plastic! Last but not least, is that it comes "Gorilla 3" Corning Glass; super tough! These last two features make you feel like you've bought your mobile from Bunnings, instead of Toys R Us !!
This, alongside the Telco Carrier supporting it, is a 'Class' Phone-package! And for what? 10% of what the big brand names demand for their products! This is on a prepaid, monthly recharge basis, locked into Vodafone.
Sure, if you had another $900 'to burn', you could get an unlocked phone and choose your own Carrier, but to my knowledge, there's only a few others (just one -?) currently offering the same recharge Data amounts for $5 cheaper than the $40 & $50 Vodafone r/c; - whilst not offering a $60 r/c, which Vodafone is currently offering, giving all told, - a whopping 18.5 GB!
So, for a S/mkt-sold, Locked-in Carrier, package deal (and some 25+, $50 mobiles phones later!!),
I feel this most definitely deserves 9/10 .... and a Koala Stamp

I wish i could select no Star. Couldn't get connection in shopping centre and Dockland VIC

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

I wish i could select no Star. Couldn't get connection in shopping center and Dockland VIC.
If you like cheap option, then go for it, but remember those "extra data" you may not be able to use at all!!

Plans suck sheep

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

Honestly? You don't seem to have a single plan that has loads of data instead you have a million plans with unlimited calls. I don't call anyone. And I know many other people who don't call anyone. Unfortunately I've inherited this dumb plan from another dumb family member. Why the hell don't you have something like unlimited data with limited calls?? Oh I know, so you can add your little extra 10 dollar bill, or so we can buy data packs!! Staying far away from you once this dumb contract ends. Enjoy my money!

Vodafone sucks!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

Vodafone has the worst coverage ever and every time you ring to complain they say they are working on it. Soooo over you Vodafone you really suck!!!

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Vodafone agent signed a plan on my behalf

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

Bad experience

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

Private message

My worst shopping experience - vodafone waverley gardens

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

I agreed to a new iphone 8 plan at 64 dollars per month. This experience was horrible as I had to wait hours and spent over half a day. Three weeks later I went to pick up the phone and I was told that the price would be 89 dollars. I had a huge argument with them about this and they didn't even apologise. I walked out without the phone. Store was in Vodafone Waverley Gardens, Mulgrave. I'd rather buy from somewhere else where they don't lie to you about the price. Be very careful!

2 of 67 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

Answer this

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

We live in Adelaide by the beach and look st the cell tower.
Have to go outside to stop drop outs.
Had a rate change early feb 2018.
Did not go well.
Got ripped off.
40.00 for 30GB.
Cannot drop vodafone.
All talk and LIP service.

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.