Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Internet speed is terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

They don't offer good deals to long service customers, yet they're always advertising deals that are loads cheaper than what they offer. Internet speed is ridiculously slow too.

Huntingdale, VIC

Refund not given

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

After finishing off from vodafone, I tried hard to get refund of excess payment made by me, but everytime I had to wait for long to discuss the option of refund, the customer care executive will end up saying that they are not able to excess or verify the account and advised me to go to vodafone store with proof, when I go to vodafone store at Fountain Gate, they always say 'we can't help you...contact customer care for refund enquiry'. Poor service, always harass the customer. On the other hand they will call; number of times to me to change plans. My number was [removed].
Due to this reason, now I am with optus.

Sydney

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Every month my mobile bill was wrong and I had to call up to fix it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I was with Vodafone for about 8 months. I can honestly say they are the dodgiest company I have ever dealt with.

Every single month the data usage was wrong and I was over charged. After phoning to query my bill the same man would apologise and change it back to $80. When I asked to speak to someone else he would say, "There is no one else". How can this large company only have one person to speak to? Was he given one area to manage and calls automatically went through to him? It was very strange in this day and age for such a large company to only have one customer service person. Depending on his mood he would fix or not fix the data amount. Maybe he could overcharge people at his own will and take the profits or got commissions or kick backs? I put up with this for 8 long months. How many ongoing services do you have where you have to call up every single month to amend a bill that is not consistent with the rate you signed up for?

The phone coverage was very poor. It did not work in buildings or outside of major cities. I would not recommend Vodafone.

Perth

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Very happy with Vodafone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

When on 12 month sim plan.
Was very happy with service very quick at shop front and everything the guy said happened.
Not problems that's the main thing.
It was friends around me that showed me there online dashboard how to try accounts, your history, billing that made me more interested.
I needed a company that suited me and now I've found one that is big but personal.
Be good if a bit cheaper but data was excellent.
The people at the shop took notice of me straight away instead of me asking them for help, this makes a big difference with me going with them.

Crappy service customer care trash

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Crap rude bad service from customer care person 3 times and in store many times they made mistakes on my payment account they have stuffed me around. Never will I use Vodafone crap company again. Disgusting unprofessional!!

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Coverage woes

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Mobile coverage is good in major urban areas, but good help you if you need to make a call out of town (or even in a small town). If you need coverage out of the city be warned, but if your a city dweller they are ok

• 1 review

Poor mobile data

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2018

Boy am i sick of your variable mobile data access which drops out multiple times a day, for long periods. I have no intention of taking out another plan with Vodafone

Never Pre order

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2018

I have pre-ordered my Samsung Note 9, and Vodafone charged me from the day I placed the order even though I have received the phone after two weeks. I am not sure why Australian Consumer afire do not see this unfair business.

Brisbane

• 78 comments
  • 12 questions
  • 133 answers
  • 40 helpful votes

New number is not new, they want an extra $20 to change it

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

When the 2G was turned off, my Father needed a new phone. We bought him a new phone. The SIM card was the wrong size but he still had $20 Vodafone prepaid credit and he had this phone number since 2000 when he was Telstra. He ported the Telstra number to Vodafone five years ago.

I told him to go to Vodafone because they would happily update his SIM and port his number, since he is already a Vodafone customer.

Unfortunately some kind of misunderstanding (even though the SIM has a Vodafone logo on it) the sales person put a new SIM with new number (because Vodafone number) and said it would cost him $50, but they would only charge $30. He complained that he thought they would just be able to fix his existing SIM which had credit. They explained that he was getting the $20 back and only paying $30.
So he tells me that getting a new Vodafone number is the best option for him and he is happy with their service.
Next day there is an advert somewhere and it appears that the discounted $50 deal he got for $30 is actually the standard Vodafone $49 that was being offered to new customers for $29.
So I sent him back to get his old number ported to his new SIM, but they could not find a way to help him. Obviously he is a low value customer.
The biggest issue has been the constant text messages about failed banking transactions, debt collectors, urgent requests for him to update his details via link, etc.
I suspected SPAM but some of the messages appear to be due to this number being very recently used by someone else (or someone else is mistyping their new mobile number).
He doesn't have this SIM in a smartphone so he hasn't been tricked by clicking on the embedded link to SPAMworld.
He went back to Vodafone and asked for assistance or a replacement phone number, but they said the stuff ups in the beginning were not their fault so a new number would cost $20 and he would have to contact Vodafone call centre.
Obviously they consider him a low value customer.
There are cheaper ways to get a new phone number. eg. ALDI, TPG, Kogan etc

So bye bye Vodafone. ......

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

Good value service and improved network

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Decent coverage in Sydney. $5 per day international roaming, generous data and improved customer service from a few years ago .. Happy!

Perth

• 8 helpful votes

Really happy with service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

I've been with Vodafone for ages and have never had a problem with coverage. My phone stopped working and I went in and was able to upgrade and the new plans are awesome! I'm not even locked into a contract if I want a new phone I just have to pay off what's left of this phone, which is great for me because I like getting a new phone every year!

Dumb don’t understand the English

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Knocked back for a phone when I have a1 credit history when to optus got everything I wanted in 2 minuets passed credit check no questions asked

Geelong

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Debt collection scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2018

My wife used a Vodafone package in the period of 2014-2016, we ended up the contract and moved to a different one in 2016. Now Vodafone trying to claim that we owe them a bill and hand it over to debt collection. When I ask them which bill I owe them they sent the last bill to us. I have gone through my bank statement and found that this already been paid. When I mention this back to them, now they saying just to make this settle pay only the last bill again? What nonsense is this?

Wish I could give zero stars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

Don't both inquiring online; tried to cancel a Sim-only plan several times which failed, and was continually billed despite having tried to cancel. When I contacted by phone, the gentleman was unhelpful and rude. Unbelievably inconvenient - and a huge expense.

Verified Customer

Great company but need to check credit history for upgrades plans hahahaha ......

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

I have been using Vodafone for past four years in Australia as a postpaid customer And i never missed a payment and never late neither a single bill. I wanted to upgrade my plans, so they said that they needed to check my credit history and declined my offer. So I have decided to leave this company for crap policy!

They suck

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

Absolutely the worst coverage and service ever.... Battled with them for 9 years and getting worse. Changed to Optus a week ago. Fantastic. Wont ever touch Vodafone again. Crud buckets

Unhelpful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

Went to Vodafone for a pocket WiFi - set up was easy, and no problem. Usage has also been fine. However, when it was time for us to move and we had to cancel the monthly 60$ SIM card, this proved impossible. Guy on the phone was very unhelpful and didn’t give me any sort of instructions how I could cancel the SIM card for my pocket WiFi. Shame

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

I told them I couldnt make any international call to Hong Kong since last Sunday and ask them to check if it's their network problem .
They insists is my phone setting problem and make me try to call different people and I did try.
My friends are using vodafone as well and they are having the same issue.
if other people also have the same problem then would everyone are having the incorrect setting on their phone ?
Spent more than 40 mins over the phone with them and have no result...
Very poor customer service

Worst provider and service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

This company rips you off has no reception anywhere customer service is rude and under trained have no idea what they're doing will never reconcile.

• 1 review

Vodafone terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

Vodafone has to be one of the worstest companies there are out there which for people out there could not recommend People choosing Vodafone for being there phone provider. They can claim they are providing best service showing best politeness with customers over in-stores or over calling Vodafone Customer care team. There resolution team are terrible bunch of unhelpful lots when wish for requiring 3G handsets moving off 2G network closure no longer does supports from Vodafone fails at worstest customer service and customer assistance in-stores wont ever improved. If people are with Vodafone I strongly advise you move your service/mobile number over another provider. There's many best providers out there who shows respect to there customers never rudeness. Ps. being with Vodafone for over 13 years which ended right up-to now 2018 for bad service rather being positive in what they do. Not choose Vodafone for your provider...

3 of 78 pages