Spring Creek

• 27 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Worst EVER Not worth a Star at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

Vodaphone advertise Fast Internet, great coverage and good service. Sorry Vodaphone you get Zero out of three.
After seeing the now obvious lies on TV I checked out the coverage map and found I had full coverage. I then unknowingly wasted $40.00 on a Sim Card only to find full Bars on Vodaphone means NOTHING. I rang the Help line to be told their Fast Internet was limited to 2Mbs. On a 300Mbs 4G capable service this is outrageous. If their service is so seriously crippled to start with why even advertise it in the first place. In any case Vodaphone has taken Communications in Australia Back twenty Years. Seriously STAY AWAY from Vodaphone! The two other Carriers in my area supply more than TEN TIMES the speed on ONE BAR than Vodaphone supply's on 4 Bars, WTH?

perth

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

absolute scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

when i first started they said i would get 18gb on my phone then when i went ahead with plan i got only 16gb then on top of that some months i dont go over the 16gb on $75 monthly plan i get charge $90.30 there always looking for ways to rob you and when you call them and explain they just go mmhmmm yes sir mhhhmmmm yes i understand mmmhmm mhhhmm morons and thieves at the same time would not recommend at all

How can this company still exist?!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Continual drop outs! Sms that NEVER make it to the recipient! Internet that is slower than old fashioned dial up! Shame on you vodafone! You are the worst!

The worst - do not use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

If I could give this half a star I would. Worst mobile service ever - hated dealing with them and getting a headache with my bills each month. The staff in the call centre were rude and unhelpful, especially when I closed my account after 10 years of using their service.

I have now switched to Amaysim which has been much better.

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Not happy!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

I'm quite annoyed that I havn't received my 25 dollars off for referring a friend. Said I would received a text withing 72 hours and it's been over a week now? What's going on?

Staff named Mel

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

The staff named Mel solved all my problems by listening patiently to my problem and researching about it, asking seniors about the procedure. She did everything she could and solved it finally, whereas the other 3 staff just informed me no. I am so thankful to Mel.

Deaf Coustmer care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Vodafone totally scam
They want only money from people for nothing
And Coustmer care services is totally deaf
They are not caring Coustmer

Verified Customer

Less than slow "4G" connectivity!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

In Forster NSW we are (as 3rd party Kogan customers using the Vodafone network) experiencing an average 0.15 megabits per second download speeds. That is down from the 1.00Mbps in December, both of which are not even 3G speeds despite Vodafone advertising 4g connectivity in the area. At this rate (with how widespread this seems) Vodafone are heading for another class action lawsuit!

All sucks network and take money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

What shame on the Vodafone company they took money without notification and send me the bill
Garbage customer service and never recommend anyone in future

Goodness me

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Signed up to a plan offering 6Gb of data. Activated it and only got 5Gb. Called up and spent an hour on the phone, but they didn't resolve the issue. Called up again, another hour on the phone. They told me that I had made a mistake on sign-up. I disagreed as I just answered a series of sign-up questions which I answered as I thought would get me the 6Gb i.e. the data plan. They told me to go back to the store and get another sim card and re-activate. This all took place over a number of weeks, by which point in time I couldn't remember my password. The manager at the store would not help me retrieve or reset my password. I had moved interstate and had changed my license, and the manager said I had to bring in my original license which I had to forfeit when I changed license. He said there was nothing he could do for me and that was my only option. He said "That's Vodafone policy". I asked if it would help if I brought in my passport. Suddenly Vodafone policy changed and my passport would be ok.
I complained to the call centre and had the issue escalated. After a number of phone calls Vodafone offered to give me the 6Gb of data I had originally purchased. The catch was that I had to go back to the store and get a 3rd SIM card! I told them to mail me a new SIM card, but they refused. 4 hours on the phone, months down the track, just to get what I paid for in the shop and they were still asking me to go out of my way to get another SIM card. No way! I don't think @vodafoneau consider how much customer time they waste.

Gold Coast

apple watch and vodafone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I purchased an Apple Watch 5 weeks ago and it does not sync with my iphone. I have spent so much time on the phone with Vodafone... sync... unpair ... repair... they ask me the same questions every single time I speak with them. They blame the watch yet I took the watch to Apple and they advised their network has issues. Seriously !!! I really am over it !!! Have been a customer for over 10 years and now it is time to cancel services and find another carrier... Vodafone you have failed ... Vodafail
The endless calls with Vodafail have drived me absolutely nuts ... they seriously have no idea ... I am going to cancel my 10 year relationship with Vodafail ... worst service I have ever received.

Mobile phone plans

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

A rep from vidaphone called me to discuss my current plan. When I told her how much I was paying per month she was able to save me $10 per month and still keep my current benefits. I also was able to change my sons plan to the same saving him $10 a month too.

Australia

Absolutely f+×÷==king hopless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

Network is crap can't get the internet most of the time unless i go outside. can't even take phone calls inside sometimes. Have to roam back yard sometime for a signal. Was told that i would nit be on a contract as i had my own handset but i find out I'm on a 12 month plan. Once I'm off this crap network I will never come back.

Great Customer Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

My husband and I attended the Vodafone store located on level 1 at Fountain Gate Shopping Centre. Steve was the store attendant who helped us.

Steve was polite, friendly and approachable and provided us with great customer service. He showed a genuine interest to help us and attended to all our questions patiently. We could tell that he was more focused in helping us rather than to 'just get another sale'!

We would like to commend Steve for his great customer service!

Best customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I have had the best customer service ever. Ubed was so great so helpful in selling me a new phone and plan. Thanks so much Ubed.

Woongarra

No copy of contract

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I didn't receive a copy of my contract when I purchased phone in store. I was promised a discount because the phone was out of stock. The discount was not on the contract and I was told that I just had to trust them. Not good business practices.

rubbish service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

I was a vodafone customer for 4 months and it is absolute rubbish service provider. I work in the heart of Melbourne CBD and i keep getting dropped out . Vodafone says that we only give coverage to your residential address and cannot assure 100% coverage to your work address... what a joke. You call their customer service and they will keep you on hold for at least 30 minutes. will offer you all sorts of discounts to stay back..I switched to virgin and they charged me 127 AUD for breaking the contract...i have raised this issue with TIO ...

Private message

terrible customer service and website

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

I have to pay my phone bill monthly, every time I pay by my card, it pops up with technique issue, the payment never success even I use various browsers or network. I go to the store ask the staff, she resists that it all my problem because she successfully pay the bill in their store, and she said if I had a problem of online payment, then I have to come to their store every month to pay the bill or use Bpay or lock, I ask for her if she can tell their technical team to address this problem, she told me to call them because I am only the customer who had this issue. The way she performs really disgusting when she helped me to do the payment, she said give me the card!, I want to type my card number by my self, she ignores me. when she returns the card back to me, she put on the table, and said, take off the card. No thank you, no apologies, not understanding my situation, the root of the problem not yet been solved.
The good company needs respectful staff, please.

Victoria

• 8 helpful votes

Very disappointed...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

I have been a Vodafone customer for many years and overall haven't had many issues. The normal frustration with average coverage has come up occasionally however the competitive deals were the trade off.
The new Vodafone however just gets worse with each interaction. I had received a call from the "sales" telling me to provide personal details immediately as there was an issue with my service. I declined this invasive offer and rang customer service to find out what the issue was. No issue just an underhanded attempt to get the foot in the door.
I made a formal complaint 5 months ago and still never received the elusive call back that I was promised to resolve the issue.
This has passed now and I had gotten over it, I must be on the do not call list.
In recent months my bill began jumping significantly due to automatic data blocks. Now the jumps are 50% of my normal bill charged on top.
I checked out the new plans to see what options there are to learn my plan is 2 months off expiry and terrible value. $79 for 6gb.
Vodafone acknowledged my concern and offered a red hot deal of $89 for 6gb....
So I am confused, I let them know it's pretty poor so they offer $100 for 10gb....
The new customer plans offer $60 for 40gb.
I called to see what they can do as currently I'm insulted as a consumer.
The sales team answer the phone and offer a new phone with 16gb for $115 pm. The online comparison from their own website is an additional 24gb for the same cost.
I declined and inform them the deal is so far from market competitive when they offer a supervisor to work out a better deal.
40 minutes on hold with static hold music to have an attempt at retention from this supervisor who could barely understand me to simply say that's the best deal. Nothing further.

So Vodafone, seriously. Hire sales people or someone that cares. It's a good business ruined by substandard employees in the sales and CSO team. You have the offers available but refuse to offer them to current customers.
Telstra is cheaper... cheaper, can you believe it. They even answered the phone in a few minutes and understood what they sell to provide a solution.
I am just one customer, so it doesn't matter. Then again my family's plans will all move, then extended family, work phones. It grows fast. They were all Optus prior and now Vodafone, or were.

Don't dismiss your advocates.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Poor coverage, plan

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

I was with Vodafone for more than 2 years. At that time I was in a 24-month phone plan, which was about $50 a month, and they deposited directly from my bank account.
The network was disappoiting. I lived in a populated area in Sydney. My location was supposed to be covered, but my phone could always receive no signal when I was in my home! I asked some friends, and found I was not the individual case - all the Vodafone users complained such issues!
Also, they will never let you that your phone plan was going to expired. If it did expire, they would still charge you the amount as you were in a phone plan, until someday you realise and ask them to stop that.
After some months my phone plan was expired, I switched to Telstra. Goodbye Vodafone, never ever think about getting me back again.

3 of 67 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

Answer this

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

We live in Adelaide by the beach and look st the cell tower.
Have to go outside to stop drop outs.
Had a rate change early feb 2018.
Did not go well.
Got ripped off.
40.00 for 30GB.
Cannot drop vodafone.
All talk and LIP service.

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.