• 7 helpful votes

Vodafone travel SCAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Beware Vodafone scam of offering a 30 day network guarantee but refusing to refund any money when their SIM does not work. I have tried to seek action from Vodafone UK and Australia but neither respond.
The text of the Vodafone scam is below. Beware DO NOT under any circumstance buy a SIM from Vodafone. They cannot be trusted, their SIM doesn't work, they make false representations and advertising and infringe across multiple laws. They'd rather do this than simply refund £45 for a SIM that never worked.
--------
I bought a £45 SIM 89441000300743284972 from Heathrow 10 August but when I arrived at Covent Garden your SIM would not reach my wife's Estonia mobile number. I visited your Long Acre store who said I needed to spend more money to reach the Estonia number. Still my phone could not dial the Estonia number, the SOLE and only number I wanted to be able to dial. After a subsequent visit to Long Acre your staff said Vodafone cannot call Estonian numbers but refused to refund my purchase, despite your very large 30 day network guarantee signage throughout the store. They insisted I had a Vodafone SIM but it was not a Vodafone network, the network means just their store. You are clearly breaching all contract and consumer law and making false representations and advertising.
I went to the neighbouring 3 store and within minutes I could contact the Estonian number.
I leave the UK on Tuesday but on my return to Australia will complain to Vodafone Australia about your misleading conduct and write to the British High Commissioner in Canberra. I will also report your actions to Westpac bank and seek that they make a chargeback for this purchase against Vodafone. There was not a single call made on this SIM. I have photos of your Long Acre staff who refused to supply their details, photos of the store and of your advertising signage of a network guarantee at the store which your staff refused to honour.

Melbourne

Private message

My account is totally of no use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Vodafone gave a 30 day money back guarantee to sign up with them. That should have been a warning sign in itself. The coverage was really poor (internet as well as phone) and here were claims that I was in a reception black hole, although not so as the reception was equally bad at my mum's place. Continual promises that there were upgrades to be completed in the area but my reception was always just as bad. Then instead of the service improving it is still slow but now my data is being used up 2 -3 times faster and they charge me $10 for every gig that I go over. How much worse can it get? My supposed bonus gigs disappeared over night, so now I have half the gigs and when I inquired they tried to force me onto a new contract and now say that I can no longer have the bonus gigs without any kind of reason. How stupid does Vodafone think that people are?

Private message

Such a hassle to ask about extra charges

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I constantly get extra charges on things I have no idea why when there's nowhere on the bill that explains anything even with the detailed bills. Tried to call up about it and they asked for a four digit pin which I told them and they said it was incorrect and then they asked me a series of questions about my identity which they kept telling me was wrong. I think I know who I am better than you Vodafone.

Worst Customer Nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

My experience with Vodafone is one of the worst experiences in my life. If I could give a NEGATIVE score I would have done so immediately. I've been a loyal customer for such a long time and tried to switch networks. I called them to at least match the offer on a certain day and time since the other provider's last day for the promo was on that day. They told me that I have to call back on a Monday. We've been going back and forth...I was redirected to another department saying that the other department will give a better offer. In reality, they couldn't match what the other provider was offering. The question was answerable by a YES or NO but they dragged things for so long in order to keep me. I mean if you are unable to match an offer just say so don't be selfish and waste my time. What a disaster! I've wasted so much time for nothing. I'll be sharing my personal experience with Vodafone to hundreds of people I know. NEVER AGAIN will I recommend someone to Vodafone ever again like I used to in the past. (Sorry, pretty mad right now due to my recent experience). I'll probably encourage them to switch networks.

Also, whenever a call is made it is monitored and recorded for training purposes. Customers have NO option of having it turned off.
Furthermore, CUSTOMERS have NO option of online chat support unless they have an account under Vodafone. They can fill out a form? I mean are you really kidding me in this day and age. What they offer LOYAL customers are the ones already on their website or they make offers after going through a series of departments. Do not ever sign up for their services or you'll regret it.

Worst Company To Deal With

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

Bill was $260 per month for 24 months under contract and 1st month out of contract was $607.19. Nearly impossible to talk to anyone poor English, can't make a decision say they will call back and when they do it's with a recorded voice saying press 1 to talk to someone, press 1 10 times doesn't work and to top it off they have blackspots and bad coverage as soon as you leave the city. Will NEVER deal with this company ever again should have learnt the 1st time HORRIBLE SERVICE. Have to agree with all the reviews on this page they are on the money.

Malvern

WORST customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

The store staff that we've dealt with at werribe was superstar however ALL the phone line customer service are very rude, not helpful and will talk back to you and question you with anger when they could not solve your problem. My bf overpaid the bill and when I ask for a refund they could not guarantee to refund and when all I wanna do is terminate the contract they told me to call back by end of month billing period. They also charge you so much for late payment fee if you are on a contract with lack of notice. I even lost word what to say more about my experience. My advise is if you guys want to deal with the worst customer service ever please join vodafone.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Worse, too many hidden charges

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

The sales people give you different story, the online guys tell you something else. I signed up for 50 dollar plan but have been paying 80. They keep giving me different reason every month. Do not fall for them.

Ongoing nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

Signing up with Vodafone has been the worst consumer experience of my life... no exaggeration. I've been a constant victim of overbilling!I wish I had checked out ProductReview before signing up with them.

Pros:
+ The cellular service and 3g* generally works

Cons:
- 4g barely works. In-store before signing up, I was assured by sales staff that my device was 4g compatible. Checked bands online etc, they also indicated 4g would work. But 4g works only 5% of the time, constantly drops... customer service says it's my fault for using.
- EVERY. SINGLE. BILL I have received is inflated. I have to call them every month to reverse charges, with limited success. It is so exhausting and frustrating dealing with their India based call agents that I have given up and simply accept the higher bills!
- Rude and deceitful staff at the their Rundle Mall branch.
- So many more thing that I'll avoid goinginto due to time constraints...

Verified Customer

Useless support and horrible signal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

Every month or 2 I have had to contact Vodafone about issues with my billing, issues with my signal, issues with the app, pretty much anything you can think of, I've had problems. The support team are aggressive and useless. Considering this is an Australian company (Vodafone Australia, that is) I'd appreciate if they kept their call centre local and gave jobs to people in this country, rather than India based workers.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Terrible coverage & annoying spam texts

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

When my SIM card arrived in the mail, the activation number had a white line running through it, making it barely readable. Phone support tole me to take it into the nearest store - that wasted a couple hours of my day.

If I'm lucky, I get 1 bar inside. I have to stand in the yard to make a phone call. Good thing it hasn't been raining much lately. Coverage is worthless up and down the Sunshine Coast is very patchy.

They also spam you deals via text with no option to opt out. Have been with them on prepaid for less than two weeks, and I've had enough.

Charged me $10 for using 10mb of data!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Maxed out my data plan so they automatically charged me $10 for 1gb of data. When I tried to reverse the charge they said that because i'd used 10mb (0.097) % of the gigabite i had to pay. OMFG, NOT IMPRESSED!!!

newcastle, Australia

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
Private message

Just don't try to leave or switch

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Had been a Vodafone customer for more than 15 years and never had an issue or had to ring customer service
recently moved house and have no Vodafone reception (not their fault).
Rang customer service (CS) they were helpful and offered several possibilities to improve signal, None worked (not their fault).

Decided to change carriers (this is where things start to go downhill)
they ported my number straight away (took less than 30min) however when i tried to unlock my phone (which i purchased about 10 years ago) i had so much trouble.
I tried to use their web site (www...vodafone/unlock) did not work, site just timed out after i entered phones IEM no rang CS, was told there were issues with website and they could do it for me. They logged a request with their tech team and was told i would be contacted within 24 hours with unlock procedure. Happy customer
Guess what : NO one called me back
I rang CS back, was told they are unable to unlock my phone and that i spoke to no one the previous day and that no request had been made to unlock phone and no one was going to call me back. Refused to check who i spoke with even though they keep that data. Was told the only way i could unlock phone was to visit Vodafone store, Explained this was not possible and they refused to unlock phone.

After 15 years their attitude towards me was disgraceful and they had no intention of helping my situation. Every person i spoke to offered different reasons as to why it could not be unlocked and in the end i gave up and have referred the matter to the ombudsman in hope that they can sort out my situation.

Would not recommend Vodafone due to their poor CS when you wish to leave.
Have contacted ombudsman but phone still locked to Vodafone.

1 Star along with the other 1000 Australian people on here.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

As with 1000 other unsatisfied customers, I am not happy but I guess that's what happens when companies are sold OFFSHORE to FOREIGNERS who only want PROFIT. They are trying to charge me for a contract I did not agree to, stay far away from these pure scum, I would like to have a personal run in with the CEO, it wouldn't be pretty. Stay away from our (the Australian people)'s country! We don't want your crappy business and terrible customer service.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Vodafone target the elderly

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Thought I'd review the absolutely appalling experience recently of dealing with Vodafone on behalf of an elderly (80+) friend. She has been with Vodafone since at least 2002. She mainly goes into her local store when she has problems. Unknown to my husband and I, who are VERY technically savy, she has been constantly being told untrue, misleading and downright wrong information about the mobiles she has had.

Customer service is nonexsistent when a store worker can loudly exclaim in a voice loud enough to be heard by everybody in the store, "Oh you again, you always cause trouble when you come in here don't you?"
Keep in mind this is a small woman in her eighties. By trouble they mean she keeps bringing up problems that weren't fixed in previous visits. Way to respect customers Vodafone.

She had finally had enough and decided to switch mobile carriers. She owns the mobile in question, having paid for it outright and is contract free. My husband switched over the sim cards only to see a message wanting a sim unblock code to be entered.
He rang Vodafone, with our friend beside him and she gave him authorisation to speak on her behalf. She gave her name, address, pin code and license number three different times and each time they spoke to either her or my husband.

One worker told us to, "Just go to the store and they can put in the code, it's easier that way." The worker claimed that the store had the codes, "in their computers, we don't." Husband laughed out loud and said he found it hard to believe that a store would be able to offer more technical support than an actual worker from Vodafone already on the line. Then we were supplied with a website that would talk us through the unblocking, again being told, it's just easier that way. Did we by chance get a worker who answered the phone but was running late for his break?

Went to the website, filled out all the details and then were greeted with a screen directing us how to pay the $25 to unlock the phone. Unlock? A non contracted customer owned phone? Seriously?
Rang Vodafone back and then a different worker claimed she would have been told about this fee when she first got her mobile with Vodafone. Now, this friend may be in her eighties, with ill health but I can assure you she is still smart as a whip. She had NEVER been told about this clause that could mean she had to pay money to Vodafone when she owned all the property. I believe her.

All of a sudden the next time we spoke to someone from Vodafone they claimed the information she had given them wasn't enough to verify her identity and therefore would no longer speak to her. You know, the same information I mentioned earlier that they had accepted happily. She needs a working mobile for health reasons and for when she is travelling in her car alone for safety measures.
Congratulations Vodafone. You have belittled, insulted, degraded and ridiculed her in person, now when she's finally had enough you have your claws out determined to wring out the last bit of blood you can get out of her before she is done with you for good. How proud you must feel of yourselves.
No wonder we don't personally use Vodafone and the reason we and the former customer will tell anybody we can what grommits Vodafone are.

Vodafone sucks!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Please avoid Vodafone, it took me more than 1.5 hours (3 attempts - online, live chat and phone) to activate a prepaid starter sim. It was very frustrating and when I asked them a question (the expiry date of my sim), I got 3 different answers from 3 different customer care officers. I have activated prepaid sims from other service providers previously and I can tell you Vodafone is the worst to deal with.

Completely rubbish service and network

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Don't recommended to any one for vodafone.
No network coverage at all. Paying bill for nothing just hang on phone with customer service and keep talking and no resolution . Better to go good provider like Telstra, Optus..

Nightmare experience with customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

Vodafone kindly fix your poor customer service?! Your operators are so rude and impatient! I am your loyal customer. I'm just gonna finish my contract and that's it! No more upgrades under your company!

Contract finished thank GOD

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

Been with Vodafone for 8years and finally walking away, rip offs have had just enough now I'm switching to something affordable and honest company.

Poor service, provided modem pathetic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

Where to start. I signed up for a postpaid mobile service because they had a double data deal. 8GB for the price of 4GB - $30 a month. Straight away the issues started. The 4g modem is pathetic. The battery life is just over an hour so you always need to be near a power source. Unlike the last 3g modem I had this does not show battery life on the device so you have to sign into pocket wifi to check, which is an annoyance. The device ALWAYS drops out and you have to disconnect then reconnect to get service again. This occurs AT LEAST every 15-20 minutes. Don't even bother trying to get in contact with Vodafone to discuss the issues, they have designed a system making it almost impossible to make contact. We tried to get additional data and for 5 days their website said it would be uploaded in 5-15 minutes. I have now gone over and they have immediately charged me $10 for additional data usage. Throughout the past 5 days I have tried to contact them multiple times via the following methods; live chat (timed out 6 times), call back service (it called me back, said I was being transferred then just disconnected), and now I have been waiting on hold for half an hour despite being told it would be a 10 minute wait. Do not bother with this company, pay the extra and go with a company you will get decent service with.

Faster than a SNAIL

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2017

4G 1/5, 3G 4/5 buy slower than a snail.
2 years Contract, I'm stuck please helppp!!!
Ripped off rather than value.
0-100? -100 if possible.

3 of 58 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.