Hervey bay

Loyal customer for over 12 years means nothing to vodafone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

I have Been with Vodafone for over 12 years and never had any issues until February 2017. I hate that I can never speak to someone in Australia and they ask me the same questions and recommend the same advice which has already been done for eg try the sim in a different device and new SIM card. Every time I need to make a call Or receive a call I have to be outdoors otherwise it cuts out of reception. Vodafone tell me that they have full coverage where I am located. I have a brand new iPhone 7 and brand new Vodafone SIM card and still doesn't work. I have tried the SIM card in spare iPhones and the same thing happens the reception drops out so I know it's Vodafone.
They can't do anything for me except charge me $800 to cancel the plan. So much for the thousands of dollars I have spent and been a loyal customer all these years. I lived in this same suburb before and never had these issues. I have also lived all around Australia and never had theSe issues.
Very upset and disappointed after all these years I always recommend and spoke highly of vodafone but not anymore! I will never recommend them again. I pay $119 plan every month

Melbourne

The Worst Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Keep away from the huawei g8 or any huawei phone, had the phone less then a year vodafone sent it to there repairer and tried to charge me $20 a week for a small cheap trmporary phone. Vodafone said it was liquid damage and it was my fault so therefore I'm not covered!!!! They said the phone is damage and can't be fixed!!!
I took the phone to another repairer his fixed it and said there was no liquid damage!!!!!!! And still vodafone denise it. And the excuses from vodafone how liquid can get in your phone are ridiculous, so bad worse exexperience keep away from vodafone!!!

Brisbane QLD 4101

Private message

DISGUST at the lies they make their teenage staff tell!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

Been with this mob for 20 months - horrible horrible experience. I lost it in two if their stores in Brisbane when the entire teenage staff ganged up and stood behind the laughing staff employee who insisted the manager was on annual leave in the two stores she took me to. I told her outright "you are lying ... why?" I had travelled an hour to return an iPad 4 days after it arrived. Was promised a 14 day cooling off period was in place and what do you have to lose?
Apparently my sanity !!!!!! In 4 minutes months I move on and plan to celebrate leaving this disaster of a so called company. Teach your young employees to honour your policies not lie their behinds off. DISGUSTED.

Victoria

Private message

Beware of their sales rep online

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

I was asking regarding an upgrade for a postpaid plan and ownership transfer online on live chat. I was told to upgrade and I could do the transfer after. Not once did the rep mentioned anything about if I transfer ownership after the upgrade none of the bonus offered will be transferred. If I knew I should have just ported to Optus as they had a better deal without having to negotiate for more data for being a loyal customer for many years. Once they upgraded the plan they just say another department is in charge and to call to transfer. Walk into a store the next day and was told that I should have done the transfer before upgrading the plan because no bonus will be transferred. Absolutely disgusted by the sales team for not mentioning this as all they care about is getting you to upgrade and stay with them. Case is currently now in dispute.

Vodafoney

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

Customer Service is pitiful, unhelpful, obstructive, misleading, embarrassing. $200 dollars for a loan phone to replace the broken phone they sold me. then the wait time went from five days to ten days. Pure Rubbish. Voda Phoney.

Private message

Why i got rid of vodaphone

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

Vodaphone sends me a text asking why I'm leaving them. It says pick from multiple choices. Ten Questions but the whole ten questions have the same multiple choices. Whats the point when I can not tell them in writing in my own words. Telstra gave me the chance to upgrade from my old iPhone 4s to an iPhone 6 at a good price owned out right and put me on a plan for $35. Only $5 more than my $3o recharge on vodaphone. The plan is only for 12 months than I can go back to my $30 recharge option. The phone $529 and some Telstra stores sold for $449. Good price for a good upgrade seeing we are on the old age pension. If vodaphone want good honest feed back it should let people tell them in their own words not pick from repeated same useless questions. After all we do give feed back by our own free will. When going online with vodaphone it is very slow. They throw bonus gigs at you but way too slow. If it was not for my wi fi connection to tpg hooked up to my phone the internet on my old phone would just take forever to respond. Ps I was with vodaphone ten years at least. In the end the product and price point were just not there. I'm not looking for $70 a month plans and $1000 outright phones just a good phone and deal.

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Great experiance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

What can I say, fantastic experience, much better than telstra no regrets moving, customer service A+ I will be moving more services across

Vodafone is so good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

In short, you went to the store sign up for new phone plan for 2 years contract. After 2 years you have to CANCEL your phone plan by contact "VODAFONE", you can't cancel your Phone plan At The "SAME" Store (the server are bad. Totally deeply poor).
In the end, lesson learn, never go with wonderPhone, because you don't know what feeling they will amaze you with after you sign up with them. So stay safe and keep out of "WonderPhone".

Private message

Complete lack of customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

Bought a phone less than 3 months ago that behaved like a piece of crap. Wasted one afternoon returnig the htc u ultra to be told it was all sorted out the back of the shop. Crap. Bluetooth still sounds linke a grammaphone. Spent another after noon being told they'd fix it but it would take seven days and requires a $200 retainer. I have two phones with these scumbags and ive never missed a payment after ten years. Great customer trust. Crap service, crap customer care. Dont buy from these scumbags. Will pay out my two phone contracts and try someone reliable.

Sydney, Australia

• 3 comments
  • 13 helpful votes

Vodafone - A migrant nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

It all started around 23 months 20 days back when we took two sim and phone plans with 24 months lock in.

After about 3 months, we had to change house due to inevitable circumstances. But we moved just 1km ahead (800 mt straight line distance according to maps) and thats when our plight started.

I got frequent call drops and disturbances diromg the call. I had a work phone so the impact was not huge. I raised and they said it was an outage. I ignored and carried on. Since I had my work phone, I never bothered. And i think thats where I did a huge mistake. I kept on raising issues every 4-6 months until about 6 months back when i was informed that the area in which you are staying offers no outdoor connectivity and limited outdoor. I was dumbstruck and informed that the call disconnect issues are also in my balcony. So, they said that limited outdoor means you have to go to the street to make a call. Seriously!!

When I raised, I WAS INFORMED THAT SINCE I CHANGED MY HOUSE AFTER SIGNING THE CONTRACT, NOTHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT.

I have raised it with TIO and vodafone is paying me a couple of 100 dollars back. However, with the trauma that I have faced, I would suggest you all not to opt for it especially, if you are staying near Parramatta/ Westmead/ Wentworthville/ Marylands.

BEWARE PEOPLE!!!

Goldcoast

Verified Customer

Outages

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

If you live on the Gold Coast in these areas and you have Vodafone as your services provider ask for credits as these areas have been identified by Vodafone as having service issues - No doubt they never told you....
Arundel, Ashmore, Parkwood, Labrador, Runaway Bay, Paradise Point, Southport, Surfers Paradise, Bundall, Helensvale, Benowa, Pacific Pines, Broadbeach, Miami Coomera, Upper Coomera, Hope Island, Nerang, Hollywell, Highland Park, Robina, Varsity Lakes, Mudgeeraba Carrara and Main Beach.

Not happy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

Upgraded handset and was told that when my plan ended would be able to go on a much cheaper $29 plan + pay the same handset instalments as I go... Time passes and when my plan did indeed end I'm told that if I want the $29 plan I have to pay off the handset in one go, otherwise go on a $50 plan with instalments. They're just liars, I'm very frustrated and disappointed. No clarity and plenty of empty promises that they can't back up. Very expensive compared to other companies, I'm sure of it.

Staff.....why such staff?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Coverage is fine. Prepaid plan which is value for money. Staff interactions are obstructive , ageist and patronising. problem solving or sorting out customer difficulties seems to be a power that resides with some other person who is unable to be specified or contacted in any reasonable time. Time for them to upgrade training and to sort out what their objectives are in actually running forums or other social media .
I am actually kind of grateful that i have had this experience because i was going to look at their rumoured NBN service. I cannot begin to imagine how they will deal with all the problems around that service.

I will be gone as soon as i can

Private message

Hidden charges everywhere! and you are just a number to them!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

Customer service lady was polite but keep justifying how they are entitled to charge customer. You can't ask for the data to be capped - they will keep charging you if you go over. They treat customer like a number.

Bad bad bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

I have used vodafone for 2 years and i have find that they are very bad and not trusted company any as i lost so much money by cheating.

Wollongong

Never again!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

Having so many problems with network coverage and when i call to resolve the problem not one person can speak good english so a call that should be 10min ends up nearly an hour after one problem is solved there is another i changed my payment details 3 times online each time didnt work and finally said it was being reviewed the time came when my bill needed to be paid and it didnt go through i called up and payed immediately and was still charged a $15 late fee telling me their system was down and my payment details wernt changed but i was still at fault because i should have called

Private message

Don't use Vodafone!!! Disgusting Customer Service!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

No phone coverage for 3 Days traveling from Western Australia to South Australia!!! SOS mode!!!!! Complained to a consultant at Vodafone, which he wasn't even listening to my story! Then I asked to speak to a Supervisor who was just as rude!!!!! Richard Branson should really take control of this failing company and start again!! You have lost me forever Vodafone!!!!!!!!

• 22 comments
  • 4 questions
  • 15 answers
  • 31 helpful votes
Private message

Vodafone very poor warranty and customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Recently I was experiencing difficulty recharging my Samsung Galaxy S5. It is still under warranty and still on contract plan.

I went to the Vodafone owned store (not a franchise store) to have my phone problem fixed.

I explained to the store staff that the phone when being charged would start and stop charging and that I was about to lose all battery power. I told them I had bought a new charging lead and still had the same problem.

The person I talked with happened to be the store manager and told me that because the phone was missing the small dust cover that covers the charge port the warranty was void.

The manger also told me the following -

It was common for these plug covers to break.
(they are held in place by tiny piece of rubber).

It was a design fault and Samsung no longer had these on later phones.
(strange how later phones are covered by warranty despite not having this flimsy cover).

That I would be wasting my time asking to send the phone for warranty repair, as It would not be fixed and I would be asked to pay for the repairs.
(Repairs which apparently could cost me upto several hundred dollars)

He said neither Samsung nor Vodafone would fix it under warranty.

He said, I should be more careful with my phone.
(Huh? My phone sits in a $55 Otterbox case and has a $30 tempered glass protector on the face of my phone. I am fairly certain I look after my phones)

He told me to go and have it repaired privately as it may be cheaper.

I went and got a quote from a phone repairer, the quote was $370. I naturally did not take them up on that.

I went to another phone repair shop and paid $20 for a new dust cover, fitting included. I also bought a new $60 battery thinking perhaps it would fix the problem, it didnt.

I phoned Vodafone customer service, they told me the same thing as the store, but more politely. Told me I would have to pay to have fixed.
(Bizzare how a $5 dust cover can void a warranty on a $650 plus dollar phone, I believe this to be a major consumer rip off by both Vodafone and Samsung)

I went to a Franchise Vodafone store where they tested the charge and was told that there was nothing wrong with it. They told me not to use generic after market charging leads for charging. I bought a new Samsung lead - cost $30. So far so good, phone is now charging beautifully, thanks to helpful staff in a Vodafone franchise store.

My original Samsung lead had failed, I bought an expensive new generic lead and as it still wouldnt charge I took it in for warranty repair. Where I was treated dismissively and with contempt.

Interestingly a few days ago Vodafone called me to tell me about their new phone only deals, frankly I now couldn't care less about Vodafone. All up I have been a Vodafone customer for about 10 years incl the last two.

Next week my Vodafone contract expires, naturally I will not be renewing it or dealing with Vodafone again.

perth

• 5 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

1 year and still can not pay my bill online

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I have contacted support many times for about a year now as i can not use my card to pay my bill online each time someone calls me back and when i try i still have the same problem i can not pay. I hate calling every time to pay over the phone its a big hassle for me. Im moving both my accounts away to someone else.

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

Staff in store are always patient and super helpful. Haven't had any issues with their coverage. Can't complain about anything.

4 of 61 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

Answer this

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.