terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

I ordered an iPhone X in November and received in December.Later I changed my mind and called Vodafoe before it was despatched to cancel the order but they told that they could only cancel once the handset is received. waiting for a month to receive the handset for a month.once I received the handset I went to the store where I signed the contract and they refused to take the handset back and asked me to call the customer service, which I did and they advised me to return the handset to the store. working full time and having small kids , struggled to go to the store the second time where they just ignored me and asked me to contact the customer service and they will send the satchel for returns.i got so frustrated because it was the third time and when they got me to sign the contract they told that the return is EASY and no questions asked. For the fourth time I contacted the customer service and they send me a. return satchel. I managed to send the handset ( which was not even opened),to the centre and they received the handset on 21st December .later in first week of January I received a email stating that the direct debit service will be commencing on 8/1/18.I called the customer service to notify that the handset is been returned and I want to cancel the contract and not to go ahead with direct debit.later few days they have done the direct debit and I have called the customer service after having to wait good long minutes.I am still waiting for them to sort this out.its ridiculous and in first place they should have been able to cancel the order before even it got despatched.i would never ever think about going with Vodafone.its just waste of time .

The poorest customer service ever. I would not employ your team

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

I am an overseas visitor and needed to top up a phone card for my time here. I had to experience an exchange of a phone card twice that would not activate to be told by the field team to go to a branch to get sorted and expected this to be a simple process. I am exasperated at the lack of care and customer service experienced today at Brandon Park Shopping Centre with Sumit. He approached the counter eating, he was slovenly in attitude and told us to go back to where we had purchased the card after us explaining the situation. Myself and my sister were there for an hour and 30 minutes and observed his uncaring unprofessional dismissive and arrogant manner. He reluctantly called your field team and was on the phone for some time but did not update us. He spoke to them in his mother tongue which we considered rude. Feedback needs to be given as he has today damaged your reputation. To protect your brand you need to employ staff who are customer focused. I employ colleagues in the customer sector and would not employ a person with such attitude and am disappointed you feel this acceptable .

$40 SIM card package that didn't activate and you need to wait 24 hours to get resolved.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

I perchased a $40 12.5GB SIM card for my phone to use while I'm back home in Sydney for two months and I went through the process of activating it and gave all my details and drivers lisence number and it didn't activate. I waited a day thinking it would and nothing happened I contacted them today and they said it was an issue from there side. And was told I needed to wait 24hours for the issue to be solved. I didn't buy the card to have to wait to use it. I needed it straight away! If I knew it would be such an issue I would have gone to a different company. And I bought the same card at the time for my parent. Such an annoying start to my trip.

Misleading

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

I was offered a deal on a plan during chat online with Vodafone customer service.
Promised best deal and was asked to pick up the phone from vodafone outlet.On arrival i was offered completely different phone.Though i down loaded the transcript still they didnot honour what sales agent offered.
No wonder vodafone has 1000s of complain to ombudsman

• 1 comment
Private message

The worst experience with a phone company, very unprofessional!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

Despite their ads, their service is not satisfactory and there are many areas they don't have coverage. If you complain about their service, instead of helping you they get angry and abusive on the phone and in one case they threat me of legal action because I was complaining about their service.
Since I changed my plan I realised I could have used my phone in many places that I thought it was impossible to have minimum reception. Anyway, I don't know how these companies are allowed to operate in Australia! Their rating for their service and customer relation is ZERO in my opinion, they have a long way to go to be a modern 21st-century company!!!

Clifton

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 4 answers

Good coast

Private message

Have been a customer for years

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

I've had contracts with Vodafone for over 10 years and I've never had major issues. I've had decent service where I live, the only times I've lost connection is when I've been out in more remote areas (which doesn't bother me as I don't spend much time there). The only time I've had a billing error it was rectified quickly and I'm satisfied with the Customer Service provided when I've needed it.

catskill

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

If you cannot afford a telstra phone avoid a vodaphone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2017

Travel a bit so was always with Telstra, We no longer needed the home phone so thought we would switch the lot to Vodaphone, along with mobile data for the internet.
Checked in at the Carindale store (Brisbane) shown the map, and told “no worries mate”.
Turned out to be no service mate. Standing on one leg in the spare bedroom, got one bar.
Then the fun started trying to cancel the contract, got absolutely nowhere. Ended up taking the complaint to the telecommunications Ombudsman, then they listened.
Don’t stuff around with them, escalate the complaint as soon as you can otherwise you will get nowhere

This is a shitest connection that i have ever had. Paying much with no extra data and rude staff i

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

Dont get vodaphone
Rude staff
Getting much money with less data and poor service
When we make a call to vodaphone they will say we cant don anything

• 3 helpful votes

Tbh it's aight

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

Get 1 of 2 bars usually in my area which I would've thought is bad but is actually aight. 40 bucks a month and I get a good deal

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Waste of $2 sim, can't sign up if you're disabled.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

The methods of ID check are too few especially for a disabled person who doesn't have any of those methods.

It's easier to signup to a gambling site or just about anything else.

Faulty products with no after sale service!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

Bought Powerbeats 3 and 1 week later stopped working , got it swaped and a week later same problem again. Went to Vodafone Burke street where i bought it and they told me go to apple we can not help you! When i asked for a proof of purchase it was $50 less than what i paid for with no explanation of the extra $50 i paid.

Faulty products, full of scams.

Worst service ever.

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 5 answers

Verified Customer

Everything more or less ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

I just switched to Vodafone. I was impressed with their no interest phone purchase plan with no exit fees. Purchased the Note 8. Had a bit of a problem getting them to implement the bonus data offer but on the second try it was all in place.
One word of warning! You cannot turn off the automatic data recharge, so when you exceed your monthly data quota they will start charging you at an horrendous rate. Most phones you can set to stop using the 4g data after a set limit, so I encourage everyone to check this.
I think it's criminal that you cannot turn off the automatic recharge from your Vodafone account. It obviously makes them a lot of money.
Network coverage seems to be ok around Melbourne.

Very Bad network

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

No network coverage. Customer support also not very good. Not very cooperative staff. I am thinking to change and so on.

Wangi Wangi

Worst Company EVER

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 24, 2017

I cannot believe that this company is able to treat its customers with such disregard & contempt. The sad part is when the customer service treats it’s customers as they do they lose any credibility they may have had. I may be just one small customer but I will never use Vodafone again.

Terrible company avoid avoid

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

Ordered iPhone X on 25/10 estimate arrive time is 18/11 but never arrive because been lost in transit .told them to send a new phone because is not my fault . Rang each time is different story and different people promise . But they never keep their word . 3 people promised me to send me a new phone but never send and a dozen of people promised me to ring me back but never ring . So I sued them to consumer affairs to get them to resolved the problem for me . I don’t want to cancel my order that easy because I want them to pay back what they has been cause me stressful time in the pass 2 months . Still continues to fright with them .

Melbourne

• 9 comments
Private message

Awaiting upgrade phone. Approaching 2 MONTHS!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

Signed up for an upgrade to iPhone X on November 5.
No phones in stock.

55 DAYS LATER, still no phone.

That's right 55 DAYS!

Of course, I have already started being billed for this.
I wonder how long Vodafone think one should wait?

December 29th 2017 Update: Do not order iphone X from Vodafone. Order placed Nov 5, Still no phone

Ordered iPhone 10 as part of upgrade with Vodafone.
Vodafone shipped phone with the useless StarTrack on Dec 7 with ETA of Dec 8.
Phone never arrived on Dec 8th. Phone still hasn't arrived.

Told I have to wait on investigation with StarTrack.
Week and a half later still waiting for result.

No phones in stock to just supply instore.
Apple Store has stock and Vodafone allows upgrades to be done there but that I can not get one from there as a phone (the missing one) is already assigned to my account.

So it seems a small speed hump becomes an impassable mountain dealing with this mob.
Avoid the pain. Buy it outright or go elsewhere.

Comments

Now 56 days

Now 57 days

Now 58 days

• 2 comments

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Terrible service ever. I changed my plan 4 months earlier over the phone, which they said they applied at that time. But when I saw my bill I was charged more. Called them and they said mistaken and credited my account with extra money said you no need to pay. Now after 2 months they call to say payment is overdue and credit was wrongly deposit in your account. Also the customer service sucks I asked them check the calls as all the time they say calls are recorded for training purposes but then they don't have answer.
Now I am charged more, plus I cancelled phone insurance but still they charging for it and customer service don't have any satisfactory answer. And also they are asking to clear the bill altogether. Highly unacceptable, I completely wasted my time while using vodafone. Mistake happen once not everytime vodafone just fools people all the time and make money out of it.

Worst customer service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Very terrible customer service at Vodafone store located in QVB. Very disappointed with the way information is given out to customers.

Who do you employ, you rip-off artists?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Can the imbecile who works in the hobart cbd in the mornings understand the difference between DATA and CALL credit; which I have asked for the latter and paid for it TWICE; only to receive data instead? Why do you employ people like him there? Waste of money and time. Get your act together vodafone; or i will be changing providers before you can say sorry!

4 of 67 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

Answer this

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

We live in Adelaide by the beach and look st the cell tower.
Have to go outside to stop drop outs.
Had a rate change early feb 2018.
Did not go well.
Got ripped off.
40.00 for 30GB.
Cannot drop vodafone.
All talk and LIP service.

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.