• 6 helpful votes

Consistent

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2018

I've been with Vodafone since they took over 3 Mobile's customers. They are great value for money and if you don't upgrade every 2 years they throw in extras when you do! The reception signal could be better, but it's fine for suburbia. Most of the staff are super helpful, if not just go to another store nearby or come back the next day.

Misinformation! They told me one thing and did another!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

Before the end of my contract, I called to end my plan. They told me that my plan would end automatically and that I would not get billed again. That did not happen, and I was billed again. I called displeased and they said there is nothing they can do. 3 hrs of arguing and the best they could do was give me a 50% reduction on my bill! They acknowledged why I thought it was not fair, but still charged 50% of the bill. Not impressed - would never go back to Vodafone, nor recommend to family or friends.
p.s. Telstra has some very competitive deals, with much much better customer service.

Wont let me upgrade my plan. Customer for 6 plus years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

Trying to upgrade my phone, been a loyal customer for 6 years now and coming up to my 4th contract with them. Went to upgrade the phone but have been declined due to not having enough credit history even though having 6 years of history isnt enough for the the idiot desk joeckeys running the awful credit union vodafone use. Will lose many customers because of this. Not happy at all. Do not recommend at all.

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Vodafone has a major bug in their prepaid system but refuse to acknowledge it, many complaints online. I have done daily recharges where I received an extra 4gig or an extra 2gig that last for 4 days instead of 1, I don't mind the extra value but I mind when I recharge and don't receive the data or it vanished after 2 hours. They say it's my phone using all the data but I haven't changed my usage pattern and this still doesn't explain why I am receiving extra data that last 4x longer than specified.

You would think they would care they were giving away data for free but that is the customers fault too. Oh and their staff are like having a street fight with, they yell and scream.

Beware what is not disclosed!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

I bought a one month contract as my provider didn't provide international roaming. It was used for 5 days then cancelled. What they failed to tell me was the billing period was the 7th of the month- I needed it for the 6th of the month for 5 days. Therefore I had to pay for 2 months, despite using it for only 5 days. I was told just buy one month then cancel. Clearly not, they just want your cash! What a ridiculous company and the sales people don't care just shrugged it off. Plus the phone service was terrible, 45 mins on hold to talk to an overseas person with no idea. NEVER AGAIN

Queensland

Billing issues

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

I contacted Vodafone to pay off my handset to reduce my debt on the phone. Instead of increasing it by $50 per month which I requested ( including my normal bill) they have applied the WHOLE cost onto my bill. $892.00 later they want to put me on a payment plan to reduce it. Threatened me with cutting off my service when all I wanted to do was reduce the cost of my handset. Have spoken to 6 different people and have not been provided any solutions. Basically pay the whole lot, or be on a payment plan. I have paid for the whole thing, I know own my phone and will not be renewing my service when I can get better deals elsewhere for less money and hassle. Feeling that i'm being punished for trying to pay off a bill earlier, you would think they would want that money sooner.
Not happy with the service, wait times or how something so simple has become really expensive for me.

• 6 helpful votes

Worst 4G

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

Worst 4G service right in the middle of the city. Absolutely frustrated about the service. Being a customer for 10 years, it’s only getting worse.

Give it a go!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

Vodafone definitely ticks a lot of boxes. Good value for plans, good coverage, good online customer support, and that's just to name a few.

I was going into a 6 year continued phone + service deal with (suck-butt) Optus. I was really dissatisfied with their customer support and threatened to to leave when I had about 9 months left on my contract. I ended up following though, moving to Vodafone, and haven't looked back.

Vodafone's coverage is so much better than a certain other company I was previously supporting.

The bang for buck is great for what you're paying for. I just upgraded to a new deal and it seems great.

Vodafone even sends you a nice little email thanking you for paying your bill, even if it's a couple days late.

Vodafone does come with one minor fault that will only affect a few. The service can be crappy at times. There's some places I can't get a signal. However, I can normally find a signal very quickly. Vodafone has the occasional signal dead zone, but you can still find coverage a few minutes away. Still way better coverage than another company.

I would recommend Vodafone on its phone deals. I think it's the best deal on the Australian market.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Vodaphones awful new policy - credit checks on existing customers.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

I have been a customer of Vodaphone for many years. I have paid off 5 phones and my account is in order. I went to get an upgrade and was told that credit checks would be necessary. This is so unfair (I have had unrelated financial problems in past so I wont pass a credit check). Not sure why existing customers are exposed to this. I think I will find a cheaper option (and buy my own phone). As well, they are unbelievably rude.

Gold Coast

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 40 helpful votes

SHOPPING FOR NBN

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

I attended one of the stores in the Brisbane CBD to ask about NBN and 4 times I gave my address and the consultant couldn't get it right. The equipment on display was dusty and dirty. Good bye you have lost my business

Customer services is terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

I called to upgrade today. The person gave me the price. Then when I said yes and to go ahead he then made the charge extremely higher. He then wouldn’t go back to the original quote. I asked to talk to a manager who is busy and I am still awaiting them to call me back. I am so disappointed in Vodafone and I have been with them for over 10 years world wide.

• 4 helpful votes

terrible in-store service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

I went into the store with my husband because his cell phone broke and he wanted information if he could have another cell phone but keep the same plan, the attendant seemed to be in a bad mood, barely looked in the face, was without patience my husband and I were very ungrateful because he treated us very badly, that we are customers and we have a monthly plan of $ 200 each, I'm going to cancel my plan and I'll never use vodafone again because I think at least they should be nice and take care of everyone! Vodafone I think you are lacking training in your team this happened at victoria garden store in richmond melbourne

SYDNEY

• 2 comments
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

A communications company that cannot communicate...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

and when they do, the caller is incoherent, confusing and rude.

The company have there credit section in India and call them useless, or impolite or dumb, they come back and say you cannot use bad or rude language and they will terminate the call. Totally useless telephone company.

They are rude, they are insufferable and incapable of communicating.

Frankly, the rating would have been minus, except for the fact, I eventually got to talk to someone in Australia, who was polite and professional. Because of him, I did not terminate my services, but next time I have an issue with Vodafone, I will be gone.

I cannot for the life of me understand why they are so rude and do not understand ENGLISH and what foul language really is, if they want it, I will certainly giver it to them, but, for your information, USELESS is not foul language - its in polite use and its in the English dictionary.

Grow up Vodafone. COMMUNICATE

September 27th 2018 Update: Rude, arrogant and a "Rip-off'

Had some issues with Vodafone who I found had been taking advantage of me for about $150 per month in charging me for sim cards I do not have. When you complain, they tell you to go away, leave them.
They love taking my money, but when you complain they are anything but friendly or nice. All the happiness leaves and the arrogance and the rudeness arrives. I worked out that I had been "ripped-off" by some $2400.00 over the years. I was a good loyal customer for some 15-20 years and this is how you get treated. You get told to find another carrier. That's loyalty for you.

My advice - Don't use them, go to any other carrier and avoid vodafone at any cost.

Further, when you call customer service, you cannot get service - you are told to stop using profanities when you tell them "the experience was abysmal." What profanity you ignorant fool. And they purport to be a communications company - but can they communicate effectively? NO.

Again, my advice is don't use them under any circumstances, even if you are desperate, go to another carrier, at any cost. You will avoid the frustrations, the arrogance and the rudeness. I did, and I am already in front.

melbourne

• 13 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 20 helpful votes

Why a new number

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

I switched from Optus to Vodafone. Paid my release dues to Optus and went next door to Vodafone in Eastland. Had the same number moved from Optus to Vodafone. The store took my initial $30 recharge and I was fine for 1 month. Then I went to prepay my monthly Vodafone fee on line. It didn't work. I had to phone 1555 and try to sort this out. The overseas operator took $30 from my Visa Card and I thought all was OK. Having phoned 1555 again to ask why I still cannot use my computer to prepay they now inform me that I have a new cell number. Good grief - what has happened is so annoying especially when I directed the staff in Vodafone to keep my original number. Now I have to go back to Vodafone in Eastland and try and get my old number back.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Just. Awful. Worst Customer Experience I've Ever Received.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I switched to Vodafone thinking it might be a smart way to save a few bucks. What a mistake! Network coverage has been awful, and I live in inner city Melbourne and work in the CBD.

But even worse is the horrible, horrible customer service. Worst I've ever experience from a telco.

I've contacted Vodafone numerous times to raise the problems I've been encountering (poor or no network reception even in central metro areas). I've also tried on numerous occasions to lodge a complaint about these issues, and to request that my break fee be waived so that I can switch to another provider.

On 8th of August I visited the Elsternwick store. A sales rep by the name of Arik Handleman was extremely rude to me. When I asked him for his assistance with waiving my break free he said that it was 'technically impossible' for anybody at Vodafone to waive this fee, and that there was nothing he could do.

On the 9th of August I tried to contact Vodafone through their live chat functionality on their website. The responses were very slow, and it took a long time to interract with the customer sales reps. Finally, after half an hour chatting with a sales rep, and just as I requested to submit a complaint, the live chat was disconnected.

I tried to repeat the process using Vodafone's live chat, and again - after a further 20 minute wait - as soon as requested that a complaint be submitted, I was told to 'wait a minute' while my details were confirmed and then the line was disconnected.

On Saturday the 11th of August I called Vodafone on their customer service line to discuss these issues and lodge a complaint. I was told by the customer sales representative that they would transfer me to the appropriate team, and then they proceed to hang up on me.

I have tried every avenue possible to raise these issues with Vodafone, and have experienced nothing but contemptuous rude treatment.

I also note that there is no written channel (i.e. email address) by which a customer is able to submit a written complaint.

Absolutely disgraceful Vodafone. Avoid these guys at all costs.

Verified Customer

Excellent service and data

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

We live in a rural location and getting access to data is all but impossible (no nbn yet). Vodafone has a great deal for unlimited data via sim. It’s been the best decision to give it a go, we finally have unlimited internet and awesome reception so we can stream as much as we like!

No problem solving

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I had a plan that i missed 1 month of payment and they denied me access to my vodafone and access to my account, i rung them and everything and they ended up doing nothing this call took 2 hours and resulted in nothing so i decided to call it a night and resolve it another night, 2 months later i decide i need to get my phone to work so i call them and try sort it they now say that i have a 600$!! fee on my account, so i tell them its gonna take me a while to take it out of the bank so please hold it until next week, they agreed. Next week comes around and i have accumulated the money and called them to pay it off, after waiting for an hour they told me that it had already been sent to debt collections, this ticked me off because debt collections put an extra 70 dollars on top of my 600 dollar fee, to keep it shorter, after that it took me 4 more 3 hour over the course of a month to finally get my phone unblocked. Please learn from my mistakes and go with skinny or 2degrees.

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Have had endless issues with Vodafone form the time I changed to them. Was told to get a new handset as the handset I took over was faulty. I did as I was told and got on a new plan and was charged way more than what I agreed on. But the new phone also had the same issue of not been able to receive calls. (I later was told that it was not the sim or the hand set, it’s the network upgrades happening and that effected the calls)
They do not care about the customer. Tried calling many times and sort it out but they connect me from pillar to post and no body is willing to help. I requested for them to listen to the recordings and check what I was promised, but they refuse to do so and I was told to request it through the communications ombudsman.
I’m now in the process of contacting the ombudsman.

I do not recommend Vodafone to anyone as they mislead customers and provide very bad customer service.

Got Ripped off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Got ripped off and sick of customers service in store and overseas call center that's hard to understand. Would not recommend to anyone

No real support when your GALAXY S9 malfunctions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

I bought from Vodafone the super expensive Samsung S9 and four months later it breaks down. I live in Perth and Vodafone’s support is to repair the phone in NSW? No phone swap was offered. The customer service is really poor.

4 of 78 pages