• 2 comments
Private message

Customer services need better training

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

We have three plans with Vodaphone for seven years they were good at some stage but the worse thing when having an issue, you need long time to spend with the customer services on the phone, also they don't care if the company loose customers, however thank you Vodaphone for the years we were together, we are moving to another company.

Below Zero Vodafail

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

The network coverage failed to deliver on national & international roaming. Ongoing lies, shocking customer service, technical support & complaints unit to investigate. They promise to repair & fix ongoing making my holiday a living hell. Hours, days weeks trying to seek help. They finally admit fault making a mistake when it's too late. Further investigation I had to provide numerous time IMEI they couldn't verify - They refuse to pay out of pocket expenses. I bought the handset locked to vodafone on prepaid. They kept asking me to recharge, recharge, data hardly worked.

Worst experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Vodafone is the worst. Their service is the crappiest ever. You can't get network any where. When you go to their outlets the csrs are the most useless rudest people to deal with and when you call their call centre to cancel the people over there rather than solving your problem is only after signing you up for another contract. It is not worth the money which is quite high for the level of service. Terrible experience!!!

• 1 question
  • 5 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Appalling customer service - borderline on fraud

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Back in April, I paid $693 for a bill - expensive, yes, but me and my family used a lot of data/txt addons. I'm not complaining about the size of the bill.
On the 1st of August, Vodafone says the payment was reversed/rejected, and credited to my account for an unknown reason, and that I would need to pay the bill again. To this day, I still have not received that refund. Two days ago, I was forced to pay the bill a 2nd time after constant threats of phone service disconnection.

So I have paid an expensive bill twice and am out of pocket nearly $700, waiting for a refund that's somehow disappeared into the ether. Vodafone staff hopeless, say they cannot trace the funds, blaming it on my bank.
After several phone calls and live chats and getting the run-around, I have opened a credit card dispute with my bank. I'm not sure when/if I'll see that money again, but I will fight.

Never been so angry with a company before.

Private message

The worst company to deal with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

Extremely dissatisfied with the recent experience.
They do not even repair or replace a phone that is still under warranty.
I'm on the process of Working my matter with the ombudsmen.
I'm still under contract with them but refused to solve the hearing issue but still want me to pay extra for it. Now they say there is dint in my phone which did not exist before. Never ever believe them.

Worst experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Thought I'd try Vodafone big mistake! Bad reception bad customer service, I ordered a mobile and tablet, I received 4 tablets and two phones, over charged massively for 3 months credits took 6 months, hours on customer service with no resolution.. ended up paying out the contract so I didn't have to deal with this horrible company

melbourne, VIC

Private message

prepaid vodafone not cheap but its good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I like this mobile network as my prepaid card because when i run out my data, I still could access their top up website without problem. they also provide vodafone application for us to do recharge or track our used history.
for the price is fair. 1st customer offer 50% off. thats good deal.

worst company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Very poor network converge . They don't network guarantee. Vodafone big scam network guarantee. They refusing to fix the issue and cancelling the contract

Private message

Not recommending to anyone to go with vodaphone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

My mobile causing problem 3rd time as per their policy i have right to replacement but disappointed with their team. I wasn't offered much option or i can say equivalent or better option so decided to change the provider...been with voda phone from last 6 year does not worth anything and also earning others too.

Windsor

Private message

Best data for money, good value, loyal customers get better deals

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Fantastic, answers quick and can usually sort out everything, live chat is simple and it is easy to use online

• 8 helpful votes

Vodafone travel SCAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Beware Vodafone scam of offering a 30 day network guarantee but refusing to refund any money when their SIM does not work. I have tried to seek action from Vodafone UK and Australia but neither respond.
The text of the Vodafone scam is below. Beware DO NOT under any circumstance buy a SIM from Vodafone. They cannot be trusted, their SIM doesn't work, they make false representations and advertising and infringe across multiple laws. They'd rather do this than simply refund £45 for a SIM that never worked.
--------
I bought a £45 SIM 89441000300743284972 from Heathrow 10 August but when I arrived at Covent Garden your SIM would not reach my wife's Estonia mobile number. I visited your Long Acre store who said I needed to spend more money to reach the Estonia number. Still my phone could not dial the Estonia number, the SOLE and only number I wanted to be able to dial. After a subsequent visit to Long Acre your staff said Vodafone cannot call Estonian numbers but refused to refund my purchase, despite your very large 30 day network guarantee signage throughout the store. They insisted I had a Vodafone SIM but it was not a Vodafone network, the network means just their store. You are clearly breaching all contract and consumer law and making false representations and advertising.
I went to the neighbouring 3 store and within minutes I could contact the Estonian number.
I leave the UK on Tuesday but on my return to Australia will complain to Vodafone Australia about your misleading conduct and write to the British High Commissioner in Canberra. I will also report your actions to Westpac bank and seek that they make a chargeback for this purchase against Vodafone. There was not a single call made on this SIM. I have photos of your Long Acre staff who refused to supply their details, photos of the store and of your advertising signage of a network guarantee at the store which your staff refused to honour.

Private message

My account is totally of no use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Vodafone gave a 30 day money back guarantee to sign up with them. That should have been a warning sign in itself. The coverage was really poor (internet as well as phone) and here were claims that I was in a reception black hole, although not so as the reception was equally bad at my mum's place. Continual promises that there were upgrades to be completed in the area but my reception was always just as bad. Then instead of the service improving it is still slow but now my data is being used up 2 -3 times faster and they charge me $10 for every gig that I go over. How much worse can it get? My supposed bonus gigs disappeared over night, so now I have half the gigs and when I inquired they tried to force me onto a new contract and now say that I can no longer have the bonus gigs without any kind of reason. How stupid does Vodafone think that people are?

Private message

Such a hassle to ask about extra charges

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I constantly get extra charges on things I have no idea why when there's nowhere on the bill that explains anything even with the detailed bills. Tried to call up about it and they asked for a four digit pin which I told them and they said it was incorrect and then they asked me a series of questions about my identity which they kept telling me was wrong. I think I know who I am better than you Vodafone.

Worst Customer Nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

My experience with Vodafone is one of the worst experiences in my life. If I could give a NEGATIVE score I would have done so immediately. I've been a loyal customer for such a long time and tried to switch networks. I called them to at least match the offer on a certain day and time since the other provider's last day for the promo was on that day. They told me that I have to call back on a Monday. We've been going back and forth...I was redirected to another department saying that the other department will give a better offer. In reality, they couldn't match what the other provider was offering. The question was answerable by a YES or NO but they dragged things for so long in order to keep me. I mean if you are unable to match an offer just say so don't be selfish and waste my time. What a disaster! I've wasted so much time for nothing. I'll be sharing my personal experience with Vodafone to hundreds of people I know. NEVER AGAIN will I recommend someone to Vodafone ever again like I used to in the past. (Sorry, pretty mad right now due to my recent experience). I'll probably encourage them to switch networks.

Also, whenever a call is made it is monitored and recorded for training purposes. Customers have NO option of having it turned off.
Furthermore, CUSTOMERS have NO option of online chat support unless they have an account under Vodafone. They can fill out a form? I mean are you really kidding me in this day and age. What they offer LOYAL customers are the ones already on their website or they make offers after going through a series of departments. Do not ever sign up for their services or you'll regret it.

Worst Company To Deal With

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

Bill was $260 per month for 24 months under contract and 1st month out of contract was $607.19. Nearly impossible to talk to anyone poor English, can't make a decision say they will call back and when they do it's with a recorded voice saying press 1 to talk to someone, press 1 10 times doesn't work and to top it off they have blackspots and bad coverage as soon as you leave the city. Will NEVER deal with this company ever again should have learnt the 1st time HORRIBLE SERVICE. Have to agree with all the reviews on this page they are on the money.

Malvern

WORST customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

The store staff that we've dealt with at werribe was superstar however ALL the phone line customer service are very rude, not helpful and will talk back to you and question you with anger when they could not solve your problem. My bf overpaid the bill and when I ask for a refund they could not guarantee to refund and when all I wanna do is terminate the contract they told me to call back by end of month billing period. They also charge you so much for late payment fee if you are on a contract with lack of notice. I even lost word what to say more about my experience. My advise is if you guys want to deal with the worst customer service ever please join vodafone.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Worse, too many hidden charges

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

The sales people give you different story, the online guys tell you something else. I signed up for 50 dollar plan but have been paying 80. They keep giving me different reason every month. Do not fall for them.

Ongoing nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

Signing up with Vodafone has been the worst consumer experience of my life... no exaggeration. I've been a constant victim of overbilling!I wish I had checked out ProductReview before signing up with them.

Pros:
+ The cellular service and 3g* generally works

Cons:
- 4g barely works. In-store before signing up, I was assured by sales staff that my device was 4g compatible. Checked bands online etc, they also indicated 4g would work. But 4g works only 5% of the time, constantly drops... customer service says it's my fault for using.
- EVERY. SINGLE. BILL I have received is inflated. I have to call them every month to reverse charges, with limited success. It is so exhausting and frustrating dealing with their India based call agents that I have given up and simply accept the higher bills!
- Rude and deceitful staff at the their Rundle Mall branch.
- So many more thing that I'll avoid goinginto due to time constraints...

Verified Customer

Useless support and horrible signal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

Every month or 2 I have had to contact Vodafone about issues with my billing, issues with my signal, issues with the app, pretty much anything you can think of, I've had problems. The support team are aggressive and useless. Considering this is an Australian company (Vodafone Australia, that is) I'd appreciate if they kept their call centre local and gave jobs to people in this country, rather than India based workers.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Terrible coverage & annoying spam texts

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

When my SIM card arrived in the mail, the activation number had a white line running through it, making it barely readable. Phone support tole me to take it into the nearest store - that wasted a couple hours of my day.

If I'm lucky, I get 1 bar inside. I have to stand in the yard to make a phone call. Good thing it hasn't been raining much lately. Coverage is worthless up and down the Sunshine Coast is very patchy.

They also spam you deals via text with no option to opt out. Have been with them on prepaid for less than two weeks, and I've had enough.

5 of 61 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

Answer this

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.