Verified Customer

not recommended at all ....People careful not to jump into Vodafone pit holes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

Ordered new Samsung S9 plus however got opened box which was the mistake from toll driver. I sent it back to Vodafone and it took 4 weeks to get a new phone. I had to ring them nearly everyday. Each time representatives told me different things who were actually not tried to solve my problem. For the last 4 weeks I had wasted nearly 20 hours to talk to them to resolve my issue. Resolution team are idiots and very bossy. One of the resolution team members very bossy and adamant. Finally I had to talk to their big boss to solve my issue.
I am really regretting with new 24 month plan.

Gold Coast

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

Never had a problem with Vodafone they are far far better than Telstra. Sometimes there might be a problem with coverage but as time goes on it is getting much better.

• 1 question

Don't expect to much!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

Orded my new phone online because it said next day delivery.
It was meant to arrive Friday which it did not!
Nor did it arrive on the Monday.
Tried to call StarTrack who advised they can not give me any information due to the contact they have with Vodafone.

The only reason I orded Online was because it had next day delivery.
Now I won't be able to collect my phone until the following Monday due to working.
They wouldn't even allow my to change the delivery address to work due to their fuckaround.

Not impressed at all!!

SCAMMING ALERT

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

I just got a new plan today. I wanted a new Samsung Galaxy S9 and a phone plan. The adviser told me she got an "absolutely great deal" for me. $103.5 for a Galaxy S9 AND a Samsung A8 Tablet. This implies that $103.5 is a (one) package, or the tablet is a free by product by getting this deal. However after I received the confirmation, I only know that I am actually paying extra for something that I DIDN'T ask for and don't need. When I call back and try to cancel the tablet purchase (Yes it is a purchase without me realizing), I was told that I have already agreed to buying this product so there is no going back. I feel like I got scammed. This is not how it should be, it is tricking people to buy something.

Horrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

I was on a plan (month to month). Went away for a few months and had to put my service on prepaid. Then when I returned I had to sign up to new 12 month deal and could not get the month to month deal back. The problem was the incompetent customer service representatives. I'm currently on hold and talking to the 12th person.
Hopeless, I hope I never have to call this organisation again. Find another provider!

Vodafone Insurance scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Talked into buying phone insurance by the rep, thought it was good idea, paid faithfully all the time & on time, it got damaged sent it for repairs, paid the excess, got a letter to settle for $274 on an alleged $1000 phone. People people, don't get Insurance from Vodafone its all rubbish.

PERTH

Verified Customer

Think twice - There are better service providers in the market

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

I am on 24M plan with 27$ vodofone with very little data 2GB. For the same money, nowadays other service providers give you up to 15GB data, 100 min international calls, unlimited calls Australia. Even after several calls to Vodofone, vodofone are unwilling to provide me more data or international minutes etc. So be careful if you are signing for long term contracts any mobile service providers.

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

vodafone.co.nz worst customer service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

I incorrectly topped up on vodafone.co.nz mobile phone.

Even on vodafone website it says "if you have Topped Up your Prepay connection incorrectly through My Vodafone, we can provide a refund. Please call us on 777 to request a refund."

I spend about 3 months back and fourth calling them. one agent told me it will be back on my card in 2 days, other told me 10 working days and even after that one told me it takes month.......

I call them and ask for refund literally after few seconds of toping up.... but wasted lot of time, with no refund.

Ported my number to other network, would never trust vodafone for any of their products... Total rip off... Does not seems like a big company, even a corner shop provide better customer service and more reliable than vodafone....

Total avoid...

customer service - post paid

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Useless team member - name sathya, not a genuine person, big liar , not answer what customer really request. Talking nonsense he can hear what I can talk but just bluffing and cut the call

I've been scammed

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

Took out insurance on a new i-phone 6, I always paid my bill on time (direct debited) then almost 2 years on the phone got lost and days later recovered destroyed, tried to claim insurance got stalled again and again and again and again, they just kept on insisting on more information, I went to a Vodafone shop in frustration and they told me they could do nothing at all to help me cut through the crap because insurance was with a third party, finally after many attempts to get claim underway they told me I need to provide them proof that I am actually insured with Vodafone despite them giving me a claim number on original call, what a joke they want me to prove that I have a paid up insurance contract, based on that I cancelled my direct debit with them, I had been paying insurance for almost the full term of my contract thus the replacement refurbished i-phone 6 had become almost worthless by now especially given that it comes with a $50.00 excess. (I had paid $15.00 month for almost 2 years without a claim) In frustration I cancelled my direct debit and naturally these parasites are harassing me now for payment, they don't mind dishing it out but hate it when the shoe is on the other foot, I will be reporting them to the ombudsman, be warned the insurance this company sells to you may be worthless which is my experience.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Terrible customer services! Lies everywhere! Be careful!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

I signed up a plan recently. The sales person in store signed me up for protection plan without my knowledge. She only explained the phone plan and hid other charges and got my signature. I have been with Vodafone for more than 10 years and really disappointed and disagreed with this type of sales skills!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Mobile service is subpar at best, customer service is the big fail. Some of the worst customer service I have come across.
Would not recommend.

Canberra

Sim Card FAIL.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Absolutely Hopeless. As a retired NZer all ll I wanted to do was install an Aus Sim so that my phone would work when I arrived at the Sydney airport. I spent hours doing battle with it; on line it would not accept my passport details. It gave me an international phone number to call; all I got was the "No longer connected" signal. NZ fodafone tried, but failed and told me to set it up at the airport. I failed at that too; my daughter and friends in Aus eventually got it going for me; long after I needed it. never again.

Brisbane

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

I went in store to get an iPhone on a plan and was shocked to hear I apparently have a bad credit report which is bogus and so couldn’t get a phone on a plan. I work full time, pay bills on time all of the time, I do have a great credit history but according to their crap check it’s not. I read online and sooo many people have been saying the same thing had happened to them. I have never been with Vodaphone before and thought I’d give it a go but never again apparently!

Sydney

Private message

This is unbelievable, I highly recommend you should throw this type of service into the bin

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

Please, network coverage 0.
Postpaid service 0.
Customer service 1/5 ( at least they try but they don't even know their database is not consistent).

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

We were moving houses and needed to connect our new apartment to the NBN which we dreaded as we assumed would be a long and tedious process... we were so wrong. We visited a vodafone store and 15 minutes later were given a modem router and were told that once we got home we would be all set and ready to go! I've dealt with 2 other NBN providers and all times have been nightmares... it's nice to see Vodafone has got it right!

Coolangatta

Verified Customer

Worst customer service experience of my life

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

Hands down the worst customer service experience of my life. I pre-ordered the Galaxy S9 back in March and it was sent out without a confirmation so I took it to a store (was advised to do so by Business Team) The first thing that the lady said to me was I can't help you and she literally turned her back on me and continued talking with another staff member. I then ordered a satchel online to return the phone and that went smoothly. Then I received a bill for April so I called (Another 40 minutes on hold only to be put through to the wrong department and another 35 minutes from there to get to where I needed to be) They removed my billing details and told me that I wouldn't receive anymore bills and assured me that it had been cancelled. Then I received yet another bill this time for May and it was somehow $15 more. So I called Vodafone again today to chase it up. First guy couldn't help so he transferred me (35 minutes wait) turns out he put me through to the wrong department. The member of staff that I spoke to spoke over the top of me and transferred me. Today I spoke with 5 different employees in 4 different departments and was on the phone for another 2.5 hours, to a telco that I don't use, to chase up a service that I never activated that I am being charged monthly for. To say that the customer service was abysmal doesn't even begin to cover it.

UPDATE 07/06/2018 Still battling to cancel my service and am now receiving emails saying that my account will be cancelled if not paid... I look forward to that moment but hope that it won't affect my credit rating.

Private message

Long Term customer for 15 years and absolutely peeved with their service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

Have been a long term user of vodafone besides the woeful issues in the past, always giving them a another chance with a new 24 month contract as a loyal customer.

However recently finally switched to Telstra and the service has made me aware the rubbish I was getting at Vodafone. Even after ending my contract, they've sent me an invoice with a $15 late payment fee for a service that is $35, that I was unaware of.

So I requested to cancel the service, they then tell me I have to speak to their disconnection team and they are only available during business hours, however they'll arrange for them to contact me... A couple days later, get an automated call with a call recording telling me to press 1 to speak to their consultant, I select 1 and it repeats the same message, 3 more times and then the recording says they will try again later. 60 minutes later, another private call another repeat of selecting 1 to speak to customer service and then repeating they'll call me back after I kept hitting 1.... So basically the only way I can cancel the service with Vodafone for a service I'm unaware of and getting billed with $15 late payment fees, isn't even giving me the opportunity to cancel. Never again Vodafone.

Verified Customer

Contract Vodafone Sim plan.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

It works alright for me. I purchased student plan with 12Gb. I have never used them all. The 4G is quite alright with occasionally drop out. However, the signal may be weaker then Telstra as I always got no signal when traveling underground, but my friend who used Telstra, gets better signal. Anyways, no complaint and I feel this plan is reasonable, suitable for students need.

Private message

The worst customer service i have ever experienced

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Worst customer service in the country by a mile. Not once have i been satisfied with any support from your staff.

Phone blocks, loss of service in crucial times and rude staff who need to keep their opinions to them selves.

I wont be renewing my contract and if i was anyone else i would definitely not recommend voda phone at all.

5 of 75 pages

I am switching from a very old phone to an updated model. The new one requires a micro-sim card ( My old phone has the normal sized sim). There is no Vodafone Store to switch cards in/near Hervey Bay, can this be done over the phone and what info do I need to tell them??

JohnT asked on Jul 18, 2018

Answer this

Hi, your Sim card can be broken down, if you pull it out and look at it, you will see lines on it and in between those lines are tiny little joins that hold it together. Just snap the outer part off and presto you have a mini Sim. If your Sim is so ancient it doesn't have it then yes ring up and they should post one out

It must be ancient as there are no lines or joins. Thanks for the answer and I will give Vodafone a ring.

With my vodafone device (Vodafone smart ultra 7) where in NZ would I be able to purchase a battery? Or what's the product number for the battery?

Sammie asked on Jun 07, 2018

i have visited the nearest vodafone store with my passport to have my phone activated after having my phone repaired and a new sim card only to be told it cant be done because the passport number did not match, can you please tell me what else i can do to have my phone reactivated.thank you

yannis asked on Jun 02, 2018

Answer this

If you have other forms of ID like bills, sosial security card, Medicare, key card then take them to your nearest store and this should be enough. If that fails you can arrange a photo ID key pass at your local police station for about $30. They cannot refuse photo ID.