Gosford

This sucks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

I've been wanting to change my prepaid service from Optus to Vodafone. I want to purchase a Huawei Y5 but every store I go into I seem to be confronted with such arrogance as if they could not give a damn. After having such a horrible experience with Optus I'm not sure moving to Vodafone will be any better.

Morley

Private message

Decent price and interest free phone payment

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

I recently switched to Vodafone from Optus. I was attracted by their phone installment plan and month to month contracts. So far no issues and data speeds are similar to Optus.

Mitcham

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
Private message

It provides what you need

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

Network coverage become zero when you travel further up or down from Melbourne.
My plan contains international calls where Sri Lanka is not listed. So pretty much it is waste but it contains more data.
Recently they have removed me from their existing plan and deliberately switched me to new plan. That was really bad.

The absolute worst

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

If there is even a slight breeze outside, or one cloud in the sky - forget having signal. I have complained so many times and was assured that if I upgraded my modem and signed a new contract, that my woes would be a thing of the past. What an idiot I was to believe that! I have just called to cancel and have been told to call back tomorrow as the business team are not there. Vodafone = VodaFAIL

Private message

Vodafone screwed people don’t trust them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

There customers service people don’t talk politely and they charge wrong. Get lost vodaphone .Hi guys I m Vodafone customers and I had $85 plan for 24 months .i already done 23 month and last month of my contract Vodafone care called my to upgrade my plan ,I said ok I m happy to upgrade and they said your plan going to finish after one month so u can upgrade now so your service not going to suspend,
And they charge $85 for last month payment even I used only 5 days and they also charge $65 dollars for my new plan which was $40 plan each month.
I called back to customer care about discuss this issue they said our agent did right job we cannot do anything.i m unable to do anything because I signed up my new contract but no more Vodafone anyway.
So please Vodafone customers if u going to finish your contract be careful to sign up new contract they give you wrong information and if you complain thy do nothing.

Brisbane

Private message

Terrible service customer care talk very rude

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

I called back to customer care about discuss this issue they said our agent did right job we cannot do anything.i m unable to do anything because I signd up my new contract but no more Vodafone anyway.
So plz Vodafone customers if u going to finish your contract be careful to sign up new contract they give you wrong information and if u complain thy do nothing.

Brisbain

Private message

The worst service..people and products

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

Had a prepaid internet with this lot. Couldn't get coverage 60% of the time. Hours on the phone trying to get it solved....tech team even told me see I've was useless.
So after 3 months of fighting with them about it....closed my account. Got rd by the foreign woman I felt with, my account would be cleared and any payments due cancelled.
6 months later I get a debt collector looking for payments.
And not 1 e-mail, call or letter from Vodafone......great way to keep customers happy.
When contacted about this....they just said "Yes it's all noted about the problems, and solutions....but as far as they where concerned......account was still to be paid " And there had been no service to that internet for 6months.....they disconnected it after my last call about problems.
So don't and cant supply a service, but I'm still having to pay for it......my business will not ever use Vodafone again.

Sydney

Private message

Horrible customer support and organization

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

I had been with Vodafone for four years and will switch. They've just brought anxiety to me. I've requested to change the account ownership 6 months ago which they did after a very painful process. Their customer support team is useless. Yet, they've been harassing the previous owner for one month EVERY DAY and sending me threatening letters about an outstanding bill. When I call them to understand what was going on and to tell them to stop calling my friend who was getting very angry with being harassed, they could not give me any reasons and kept talking about random protocols. And this was on the phone with a supervisor, so you can only imagine the quality throughout the customer support team.

Horrible customer service, would definitely stay away.

Worst company go to Telstra

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

Network coverage bad.
Service poor and tell constant lies.
Poor company.
Won't ever deal with them again.
Tell you one thing and don't deliver.
Offer old phones as upgrades or phones they don't have in stock.

Australia

Private message

You get a different story from every employee!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

Vodafone makes the simplest jobs ten times harder. They send you on a wild goose chase of store visits, phone calls and emails to get simple issues dealt with. No two departments have the same story, and there seems to be terrible miscommunication between head office and the stores. While there are some wonderful employees who will try their best to help you, they have usually not been informed of policy changes or been given the correct information to actually get you what you need. Don't even bother, it's not worth the headache.

Private message

Bad reception or completely nothing.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

Very bad reception for 3 days now. In Double Bay the reception is worst. Can’t receive or call. Should have inform us if there’s any issue.

Worst Phone Bluetooth dud

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I purchased a Sony Xperia xa1 Ultra from Vodafone, I am having trouble paring my device with the car Bluetooth and home stereo Bluetooth. I tool the phone back, explained the issued and the Perth store is the worst as they did not want to assist and said that the issue was with the car and sounded like robots as I kept being told the same thing and that they cannot help. The phone was sent for repair (it was a 7 day that I had the phone) and when it was returned to me, I was told there is no fault with the phone. The Bluetooth still does not pair with the car or any audio device. There is no customer service or support. The only thing that Vodafone is interested in selling you a phone and that is it. All I want is for the Bluetooth to work.

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Broke promise each and every stage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

hi, I was very upset when I signed contract with Vodafone. I haven’t got what they promised. When I terminated my account, I got surprise with hefty bill. Vodafone is the worst company I have ever felt with.

Brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Worst service misleading information stupid manager

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Hi, I got plan and they were not able to fix my phone and told me pay and 900 to cancel plan I told what I have to do with phone they told whatever you want you can do...
Even network problem and for bill also every time paying 35 dollar for but last 3 months charging 55 without informing anything....when call them they told we ask .manager they told we inform and not accepting anything rather forcing to pay that.
I hope it will help other people.

aldinga beach

• 8 comments
  • 18 answers
  • 21 helpful votes
Private message

be very careful and know your rights

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

a rep called me offering a super special. I could keep my $22 plan , extend for 24 months and get a free tablet with 3 gig of data.. a few times I asked are you sure I would not pay more than $22 to Vodafone per month total.. answer was yes... ok, that appears great.. of course I would do it... no.. it actually meant I would pay $22 for my phone plan and an extra $22 for the 3 gig with a free tablet for 24 months... I became suspicious after a day or 2 and rang Vodafone to cancel after confirming I would have to pay $44 per month total to Vodafone. they wouldn't let me cancel. point blank NO you are stuck with it.... my daughter then went to a store in the shopping centre and told them the story. the lovely lady actually fixed the problem saying that of course I could cancel within 7 days. NO FUSS.. she is the only redeaming feature that allows 2 stars.... so be very careful and know your rights...

Beverly hills

Private message

It's okhay for people who just come and travel in australia to use this provider.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Sometime the network is lost in certain place and on the train. The price is a bit high and need more improvement on network coverage in suburb. Service in the branch also a bit unsatisfactory for me, because the costumer service is not describe their product. So, i have no knowledge for the option which vodavone will offered to their costumer.

Sydney

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Mobile post paid too slow for browsing or anything at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

I've had some pretty slow data connection with other providers but Vodafone is by far the worst. I recently switched to Telstra as soon as my contract was finished, tested the speed with my wife's phone who was still on Vodafone. I got 58mb/s while her Vodafone service was 1.6mb/s. I had to put up with this for 12 months so I wanted to write this review to help others avoid disappointment from being stuck with them in a new contract. I complained many times to them but they never responded to my complaints. Good way to lose customers Vodafone. It's pointless offering customers all the data allowance on a 4G network when they're never going to be able to use it up at such slow speeds.

To top it off, when I switched to Telstra, I had to pay Vodafone an extra 3 weeks even I stopped using their services. They told me that they bill monthly so I was forced to pay for the rest of the month. Their billing cycle involves paying 2 weeks in advance. I'd thought after the bill came, it would be the last but I missed the cycle or something like that the way they explained. Not sure how the TIO allows them to steal money from their customers like this. This should be illegal and ASIC should really do something about this.

No coverage for 3 days, vodafone does not want to accept it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

No service at all. No phone service and no internet coverage. When contacted Vodafone for clarification, they simply refuse that there was any problems. They were explained that 2 accounts had the same problem and both phone sets were restarted numerous times. One phone is Android phone, other is iPhone.even given information about 3 post codes that I traveled to from 3rd November to 5th November but Vodafone insisted on same that there was no issues on their side. After a month of going round and round, they just offered a $10.0 compensation which I gladly refused. Mind you, my family has been with Vodafone for over 5 years. I think they just lost 3 accounts

global roaming con

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

After looking around I thought I had found the solution to my global roaming issues. Red 40 plan unfortunately for 12 months, but with the flexibility of using it when I needed to but not when I had adequate wifi. Wasn't in for a shock. Halfway through the trip I start getting texts saying I have activated global roaming charges. So far I have made one call is about 60 seconds. Received one for about 15 seconds. Also supposedly used data. 1 kB per day despite having data turned off. All up about $100 of charges for what was essentially 2 calls. Six conversations later I have achieved one thing only. I have managed to be called a liar by 6 different Mumbai call centre staff. They then tried to close my account without my authorisation and finally offered me a $20 discount bit my next bill which also has excess global roaming fees. One giant con and you can't dispute them. Stay away, very away.

Very wrost

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

I finished my Plan on March 2017 and I was been called just once for plan in end after a month. They did not even give me single call on March as I been totally unaware about my plan and it keeps deducting same amount until this month December. Shameless
They did not inform me at the end of month and I paying for 9 months rediculous.

5 of 67 pages

How is Vodafone for reception?

Trilly H asked on Sep 10, 2017

Answer this

My Vodafone reception is terrible cannot get a signal in the house have to make any calls from the front yard. Don't use this provider if you are in the Bli Bli area.

We live in Adelaide by the beach and look st the cell tower.
Have to go outside to stop drop outs.
Had a rate change early feb 2018.
Did not go well.
Got ripped off.
40.00 for 30GB.
Cannot drop vodafone.
All talk and LIP service.

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.