Central Coast N.S.W.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

The final outcome

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

Finally ! After considerable correspondence and insistence on my part one policy was located, although another person I spoke to on the phone said "you have two policies", and quoted numbers, I received a refund for one policy. So as it stands I have one policy and received a refund for another. What a way to run a business !

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Wheatbelt

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 7 answers
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

Don't let them have your bank details.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2016

Rip off

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2016

I joined roadside assist and very happy with that, next I get a call asking if I wanted warranty as a new car, e.g when I take my car for a service it will cost me nothing "cool" I said, "send me a hard copy so I can go through it, they start taking payments made out by THEM. I'm still waiting for the hard copy to arrive and I have still not agreed to having the warranty, rang them many times to get this done, they getting my payment nuts so don't care, finally get through and was told no, service don't count, I still have to pay for that.

So everyone is writing about the company's scams and lies and rip offs, has or is anything being done to stop them? I was forced into this as well and because I couldn't cancel because of not being able to contact anyone, I cancelled my direct debits. They contact me now after 2 years saying I have to finish my payments with them. What do I do? Can anyone reading this please advise? Thanks

Max asked on Dec 16, 2016

Answer this

They did the same thing to me!!! Or rather a debt-collecting company they give the debts to did. I wrote them a letter dictated by my solicitor saying that to show me in writing what debts I owed if any. I said I would fight the charge with force. I heard no reply!!!!!!! Good luck! This company should be closed down and some people prosecuted........

Well there you go . . . . .It was a scam. For the last 18 months I believed I was covered by this mob - WME - in case i broke down. Damn lucky that my car did not break down. I was only investigating this now as a premium for a roadside assistance policy was detailed on my car insurance renewal notice - and I thought "Why am I paying for something that I already have?" . . . .but now I discover that those fortnightly repayments were for NOTHING!! Who do we call? . . . .not Ghostbusters . . . . .