No problems at all

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

Tuesday 10/1/17 came back from Melbourne and stopped to get some takeaway car would not start. Rand roadside assist and within an hour had a mobile roadside assist to jump start me. Good service (i live in Cranbourne vic) The next day travelled to Melbourne to trade in my car and on the way home car just stopped all power cut out. Rang road side assist and again within an hour i had a tow truck and was on my way to Cranbourne. I had to pay for excess kms for tow $88.00 not too bad. Nothing but praise for this company fast efficient service helped me twice in two days. I have transferred the balance of roadside assistance to my new car. Great service.

You Get What You Signed Up For!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2015

Call them and they'll give you realistic expectations! When they arrive, they're friendly and they deliver! I had to call them for a flat battery and also my engine hose came out all within 4 days. Thanks to Stefan and Scott for your assistance and the admin for just keeping it real. I appreciate your professionalism. Customers: read your PDS/Contract. Educated customers are happy customers.

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2015

I purchase 5 year warranties from WME last April, and I had an issue like after 1 month and when I called them they have responded very fast. Kudos to them!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Awesome Product But Know Your Contract!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2015

WME have been great. I panicked after reading so many negative comments such as the ones here however I have found like any such product as long as you read your contract properly and stick to their rules they are definitely awesome value for money. I have been with them for about 6 months and despite a few initial communication hiccups, I have actually received services and products worth more than the money I have paid them so far. Roadside assistance was fast and efficient and I had my air conditioner fixed with no hassle at all.

Central Coast N.S.W.

• 3 helpful votes

The final outcome

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

Finally ! After considerable correspondence and insistence on my part one policy was located, although another person I spoke to on the phone said "you have two policies", and quoted numbers, I received a refund for one policy. So as it stands I have one policy and received a refund for another. What a way to run a business !

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Wheatbelt

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 7 answers
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

Don't let them have your bank details.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2016

Rip off

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2016

I joined roadside assist and very happy with that, next I get a call asking if I wanted warranty as a new car, e.g when I take my car for a service it will cost me nothing "cool" I said, "send me a hard copy so I can go through it, they start taking payments made out by THEM. I'm still waiting for the hard copy to arrive and I have still not agreed to having the warranty, rang them many times to get this done, they getting my payment nuts so don't care, finally get through and was told no, service don't count, I still have to pay for that.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

They con you into giving them information and then use it agaist you, don't ever give them your cred

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

Don't trust or use them, once you give them information they keep billing you even when you don't want them to, then if you don't pay more they get a dept collecter to find you and bill you more.

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
Private message

20 yrs scamming overseas..now in Australia!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

1 night I received a call from an Indian sounding guy asking me to complete a survey about my recent experiences with my roadside assistance provider..NRMA..
So he led me thru all these questions and then told me I 'd been selected to receive a product called Warranties Made Easy at the special price of $48 x 10 which would cover me for 3 years, to be used instead of NRMA..
Then he asked for my banking details and I told him that I'd really like to think it over.. He was pleasant but very persistent so I asked if I could cancel within 10 day
s (as available by Australian Consumer law)... He said yes of course! So I gave over my bank details on a minor account (not my main account, thank goodness) then he asked all these other questions and I said, hang on why don't you have details from the NRMA if you are doing a survey through them?
No.. at no time did he ever say he wasn't NRMA but led me to believe that he was genuine. I asked how road service could be activated in NSW and he told me it was done through local retailers in my area: Eg, the local Ford dealer and all main insurance companies. Who had all the information about WME
The next day I rang my my local Ford dealer and 3 main insurance companies... All told me they had never heard of them, by now alarm bells were ringing and I went online... In America this company has successfully scammed thousands over the past 20 yrs with exactly the same operation as they are now doing in Australia. The laws are different over there, which allows these companies to flourish. So finding out all this info had me ringing around... I rang ACCC who deals with companies that scam and fleece ppl of money.. I rang the NSW Ombudsman and some good advice from there then I rang Dept of Fair Trading... Each one of these companies I gave all the info I had accumulated about WME but 1 person on there own doesn't ensure that any action will be initiated, however all notes were taken.
Then I just reviewed the whole situation for me and realised I'd been scammed!. First opportunity I had, I closed that account and rang them before the 10 days limit and was told it didn't apply to offshore call centres.
And that if I didn't pay they would send my account to a debt collector..
I said go ahead "ACCC would be most interested in that " and even phoney companies have heard about the corruption committee !
So the next day (10th day ) someone rang me back and told me the debt had been wiped.
So the following week I decided to ring and verify the account was closed.. And I got a different company!
Easy Meals asked me who I wanted and I told them... I thought I had the wrong number but the lady assured me they were the SAME COMPANY and shared the same number at different times during the week ! So buyer beware !

The best advice I can give anyone is to look at your options first... No matter how good they sound, investigate first...
I found out all the information I needed to know online..and you can too... If the company that is trying to sell you something is honest they won't mind if you find this out but if they try and persuade you along a different path and stall you frequently... back off... No matter how good a deal is presented, if it is genuine it will still be there tomorrow and you as the consumer have the legal right to change your mind..

Private message

Bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2016

Paid my 5 years roadside assist, rang change vehicles all good bought New vehicle rang them to cancel policy they told me they already canceled it 7mths prior, when I asked where is my refund than as only had policy for a year still 4yrs to go. They told me there was no refund and to email some info centre for information.

check the small print

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2016

I didn't know that the warrenty couldn't be transferred to another car I brought. I sent numerous emails asking. No response. I rang them a number of times. They transfer you. No one is available. They say supervisor is looking into it. No one wanted to give me a answer.

• 1 answer
Private message

Avoid at all costs (and it may cost!!)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2016

I was cold-called by a foreign voice representing WME, and agreed to join when my RACQ expired. However, I reconsidered and could not reach anybody in Australia when I phoned them to cancel. This aroused suspicions and I cancelled my creit card. They have sold me on to a debt collector who can't substantiate their fee. I suspect that most of their income is derived from people cancelling and being penalised for this. If you are considering this company, my advice is to reconsider!

SCAMMERS - LIARS - CROOKS

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2016

SCAMMERS. I signed up and cancelled before cooling off period, surprisingly debits on my CC appeared. Made numerous calls but no refund provided, even though assurances were given. Had to close CC to avoid further debits. My advice is please stay away from this company to avoid financial loss.

IF I COULD RATE NO STARS I WOULD

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2016

They are a scam ! i got pressured into signing up spoke with my partner regarding this and he said he doesn't think its what we need considering i explained to the lady my car was getting assessed after being hit by a truck. 3 days after i had emails them explaining i would like to cancel it and then get a message from the payment people i sent through the email of me cancelling it and still taking money out of my account ! DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR BANK DETAILS !!!

Verified Customer

Very Poor Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2016

A telephone call drive for Warranties Made Easy caused me to agree to Roadside Service with WME, a big regret.
Upon further review of my home records for my AUDI Q3 I realised that the WME service would not be required by me as I had exactly the same service plus more available to me from Audi till 2018.
In realising this I phoned and emailed WME asking to cancel my service with them.
Admittedly it was 2 days out of the 'cooling off' period but with further conversations by staff to management in regards to this problem it was agreed that my
WME invoice would be cancelled.
But unexpectedly since my 'agreed cancellation' per phone I have continued to receive and have had WME deduct installments from my bank account.
This then made me proceed to telephone WME to discuss this matter, of my cancellation and ongoing payments being deducted after agreed cancellation.

I spoke with a gentleman named [name removed] and he insisted that my contract was still valid and I would have to continue the payments.
I informed him otherwise.
Telling him this would not happen and the conversation ceased.

I then made attempts to phone back [name removed] but he would not take my calls.

Eventually I was able to discuss my situation with a female staff member and she informed me that [name removed] will no longer take my calls and that I had been placed on their debt collectors list for reclaiming of future payments.

I have since taken measures to prevent this happening.

This company has very poor customer service skills, it indeed seems to me to be like a scam, they do not listen to the needs of the customer.
There seems to be very poor communication amongst their staff members.
They adopt a somewhat threatening attitude and measures in order to recompensate themselves for unwarranted monies due to them.
They scoop up on innocent people's by doing phone canvassing with staff that often have a poor concept of the English language.
They put new staff members on in significant customer service telephone roles when they do not have full understanding or education in their employers products and policies.
On review of their website it appears more to me that they believe they are providing a product where in fact it is a service to the customer.
In reading other reviews of their service attention to the customer I am glad that I have not needed to act upon their services offered.
This company needs further investigation into its practices and policies.
They should also get a good definition of the word warranty.
Beware all.

O-M-G! Company to watch out for! (NOT in a good way!)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2016

Don't even wanna rate them 'cos they don't even deserve one star! They don't answer any of your calls, but then they say the cooling off period has gone and deduct your money. My policy has been cancelled and I hope they refund me in full and if they do so, then I will rate them again. They are very dodgy.

Ipswich

Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2016

Further to my previous review, this mob is running their operations from a private residence at [address removed]. They have no service office in Australia. They don't answer calls or emails, so how on earth if you are broken down or have any emergency are you expected to contact them if they don't answer the calls. Happy to take your hard earnt $$$..... but no service.

Lithgow, NSW

Private message

A Con or Smart Marketing?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2016

"Warranties Made Easy" pass on the risk to " National Roadside Assistance", no doubt at a discount, who provide the actual assistance (and do a great job). The payments are collected by "Easy Debit" also at a discount, So WME do nothing but sell the policies and collect a commission. They do NOT return phone calls, because most are complaints. The policy can be transferred to a new vehicle by contacting the National Roadside Assistance organisation. I know this because it happened to me. WME then had to admit it was possible and altered their records accordingly. Payments are automatically deducted from my account on the nominated day, but I keep receiving overdue notices.

Scamming Dishonest Traders

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2016

Worst experience. I strongly discourage this place of services as it has been a dishonest and unlawful experience. I have had 2 disturbing issues with them where they have lied to me and said they have done this and that, and when I try to get a hold of them for their unlawful actions to correct the issue they make themselves very unavailable. This is the 3rd week and no results, yet I'm still paying them. They were so fast to sweet talk and get you signed up and take your bank details, but when it come to holding their end and providing the se rvices and guidance they totally messed up. I had read before where it happened to someone else, they send the contract out after cooling off period so they don't give you a chance, but I made contact anyway before my contract arrived so I would be okay. But they still refuse to show any concern and resolve my issue. I have reported them as a scam to Australian government and have also taken movements toward the fair trading act amendments to help stop these money hungry mongrels. I am outraged with them and anyone else who has been messed over by them would know how it feels. Do not accept any services or invitations from them!! Fraud and scams!! I hope other unsatisfied customers will take a movement to report and stop this company!

• 4 helpful votes

Scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2015

I signed up with warranties made easy and was told 2 payments of $44,80 , was told it is cheaper than RAC. Never received a contract till they had taken out 5 payments fortnightly. Contract was posted to me then after I had sent them 2 emails and the contract was sent to the wrong address. They don't answer their ph calls. When I finally got hold of them, I was told I had to wait 2 weeks while they investigated the original ph call and they would phone me then. I would be put in the hands of their debt collectors if I didn't finish paying the contract which is $448.00 RAC is only $198 . These people are scammers. They wont get any more of our money.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes