• 4 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Comprehensive and Unbiased Comparison Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

WATTever provides a comprehensive comparison service, including all of the publicly available offers, unlike many other comparison sites. I thought I had done a pretty good job hunting for deals by myself, but WATTever showed that I had missed a better deal from one of the retailers on my short list.

Their support is based in Australia, friendly and very responsive. Using their service has saved me money and is one of the better dealings I have had with any company recently.

Highly recommended!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WATTever Official

Hi Juergen,
Thanks for your feedback. We're all about making it easier to find better deals. Delighted we could help.

MELBOURNE

• 10 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Best comparison site I have found

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I am comparing electricity plans for my residence in Beveridge Vic. I have looked at a few different comparison sites but they are usually disappointing in that they are just aggressive marketing exercises and/or only compare those retailers from whom they get commissions. WATTever seems to be different in that they have given me comparisons of just about every retailer in Australia, even those they do not have affiliation with (for those they give you the rates from publicly available price fact sheets and say to contact the retailer directly if you like that product). It seems like a more honest approach to me.

Comments
WATTever Official

Thanks for sharing. We love getting feedback about WATTever’s ethical approach to electricity comparison. Really glad we helped you. Over time we'll add more retail partners but we’ll never change ... read more »

Canberra

• 1 comment

The best I could find

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

I recently had solar installed along with a new smart meter and was interested in comparing my new price structure (on Demand) with other suppliers in my area. I used several sites providing this service and found WATTever to be the most accurate and easy to use. The supplier I currently use was confirmed to be the best for my current circumstances at present. After I obtain a history of my new usage pattern and generation I plan to revisit and compare Time of Use plans with the Demand plan.
I certainly would recommend them to any one seeking the best deal with current pricing used.

Comments
WATTever Official

Thanks for sharing your review. Well done on your new solar. It feels good to take the power back.

Canberra

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Great Help in Determining Which Electricity Retailer to Use in ACT

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Following changes in electricity retailing implemented at the beginning of 2018 in ACT and as part of the installation of solar panels, a new Smart Meter is installed. The installation of the Smart Meter forces the ACT consumer on to a new electricity tariff regime. For my situation I had to work out which of the alternative tariff regimes was likely to be the most cost effective choice. I found the Wattever site to be of greatest assistance in doing this than the other electricity comparison web sites. With the passage of time, I will use the web site as means of working out how well actual outcomes follow the predictions.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WATTever Official

Hi Phil, Thanks for taking time to share your review. Great move on solar! In the future, we’re looking to add the option for users to upload smart meter data for an even more comprehensive comp... read more »

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

In our case, rates were accurate and confirmed what I had already done on difficult spreadsheets. Good service in my view, but will always be about keeping up to date. (Vic Gov version had basic errors some of which I reported to them, but got no response - so you may need to be careful if you use that one).

Changing Electricity Retailers

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

Found a reference to WATTever on a Whirlpool thread and visited the WATTever site. It was simple to use and provided a broad range of alternative suppliers. I was able to verify some of the data they provided, with my own research, and it was accurate albeit subject to change by the retailer.
WATTever confirmed my own research was correct and recommended the retailer that I was already considering. Their second and third recommendations were also in line with my research.
So I found WATTever to be a very useful resource in verifying my own results. I certainly recommend them to other in my position; that is being over charged by my current retailer and seeking alternatives.
Trust but verify!

Comments
WATTever Official

Hi Don,
Thanks for taking time to share your review. We're glad you're on the way to a better deal and helped confirm your research.

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Some of the rates are wrong!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

It a great service, however I noticed some of the rates are wrong. For example, the feed in tarrif for some companies are listed as GST-inclusive, and others are Ex-GST, resulting in wrong comparisons. If corrections are made, it's an excellent service.

Comments
WATTever Official

Hi A.A, Glad you like the site and thank you for sharing your comments. I’ve outlined below the reason for the GST variation on feed-in tariffs. It's to allow feed-in rates to be comparable for h... read more »

Hi and thank you for your reply. When you say "It's to allow feed-in rates to be comparable for households", then does that mean that the comparison prices for business customers are not correct? O... read more »

WATTever Official

Hi, Thanks for the clarification on your concerns about the GST calculation on feed-in tariffs. We have updated WATTever's comparison to include GST for feed-in tariffs for business plans. Followin... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

A Genuine Comparison Company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I recently found WattEver when searching for different pricing comparisons. I found that my current provider was way off the mark, price wise even though 12 months ago it had been recommended by a Comparison Company. WATTEver's search indicated that the cheapest company, Alinta Energy was nearly $1000 PA less than my current provider who had previously been referred to me by a large Comparison Company. I signed up with WATTEver and paid the small annual fee for Deal Tracker. The principal came back to me by email and said that he couldn't receive a referral fee from Alinta Energy because he didn't have the volume to interest them at this time. Instead, he waived my Deal Tracker fee and put it back in my account. I was disappointed for him because I know a lot of Comparison Sites receive fees from companies who pay and so, are not necessarily recommending the cheapest provider. I know this company is only a small operator at this time but for the sake of Real Comparison, I hope that they can survive and grow - everyone will benefit from Genuine Comparison and not some advertising hype from the big players.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WATTever Official

Thanks Tom for the kind words about our service. We do out best to be open and honest in our whole of market electricity comparison and are very pleased you found a deal that will save you so much.

Pleasure, I am only ever about truthful reviews and you most definitely earned your 5 stars - well done. If ever you get the approval of Alinta Energy would you please send me an email and I will c... read more »

Great way to compare electricity.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

At last a comparison service that shows you all the plans. I could see all the options and choose in my own time because it's all online. There were no pushy sales people. They made it super easy to see where to get the best electricity deal for our local Scout Hall. Thanks.

Comments
WATTever Official

Hi Tracey,
We're glad you like WATTever. Thanks for taking time to share your comments.