The business operating in Australia under the brand WeBuyAnyCar.Com.Au is separate from, and has no connection with, the business operating in the United Kingdom and internationally under the brand WEBUYANYCAR.COM.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

STAY AWAY! (It needed Capitals, Sorry)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2015

Went to sell my immaculate condition Mini Cooper with 42,000k's on the clock and a researched resale value of ~$18,000 and went to this site. A chap called 24 hours later and after some awkward small talk and clarifying some details about the car, he told me that he had 'no data' on the vehicle make and model (which I thought was weird given it was a fairly common car and you know, they're a used car purchasing agent). They asked me how much I wanted and I said $15,000-ish. A figure I thought they would haggle me down to $14,000-ish and they would make a 25% return when they sell it for $18,000-ish. Everyone walks away happy.

They offered me _$6000_.

Even as a low ball attempt it was laughable. The agent then started mumbling about trade in versus sale price, which I understand is a different, but given that I'd recently traded in a Subaru Impreza with 80,000k's on the clock in significantly worse condition for $10,000 on a car for my wife, I twigged that he had no idea. I said thanks for your time but you're clearly wasting mine and hung up. Now they're spamming me with messages saying 'I would love to buy your car etc etc'. They are terrible!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Rip Off

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2013

They suck you in by offering you a decent price on the Internet just to get you in then only offer you a fraction of that when you go t the yard. You know the saying....If it sounds too good to be true it probably is....Don't get sucked in by these rip off merchants

Sydney

• 20 helpful votes
Private message

They are insolvent! and their website is still on!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2012

I sold my car on 16/06/12. after realising that getting my money was going to be difficult. I reported them to ACA, Fair Trading NSW and the CTTT (I have a hearing in two weeks). I rang almost everyday and very quickly I started to feel depressed. I was promised my money everytime I rang and last time I spoke to [name removed]I was told that I was going to be put on their priority list. I also reported them to the police and tried three different police Stations, but they all told me that it was a civil matter and not a criminal matter. In the meantime WBAC continued their businees and more people got cheated. I feel so frustrated and depressed now and wonder if I'll ever see my money.

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

its very sad even employee s didnt know what was happening and their all fighting for their money too

• 1 review
  • 11 helpful votes

shonky!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2012

I sold my car to these guys on 1st July and they assured me I would get my $14000 in four days. They kept on delaying and eventually stopped answering calls and emails. I called again 7 Aug and got the message to call the liquidators. They said there are over 1,500 unpaid customers and it will take a long time to get a result...and I won't get much of my money back.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Thanks. I have contacted Fair Trading & the liquidator. I also went to the RTA & they have given me a certificate to show the car is still registered in my name. As the car is still mine does that mean I can simply get it back?

Thankfully I clicked through from their website to this and have read what you guys have written - I uploaded my car details but of course will not be entertaining them if they call me back. Thank ... read more »

^^^^ don't believe you, buddy!!

• 1 review
  • 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 12 helpful votes

Feeling Stupid :-(

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2012

I too got caught by WeBuyAnyCar. I got the smooth talking, card trick playing salesman. I should've known straight away that it was a scam but I was desperate for the money. To make matters worse the ACA report aired the night after I 'sold' my car to them. Every form of contact with them has been removed so its car and money gone. I feel like such a fool. :-(

- The quoted price was wrong. My car's long gone and so is my money. Just about everything.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Maxeeno. Yes mine was at Dandenong but I can't remember the guys name. I was so broke and desperate that I didn't really think about what was happening at the time. They'd done so much advertising ... read more »

Kingy. I haven't lost anything more than my car, the money and my dignity but I'm so sorry to hear about your gfs finger. That's something that none of us can put a price on. :-(

JayneyJones. Mine was an old car too which makes me feel even worse for complaining compared to what others have lost. I'm far from rich though so it was a lot of money to me :-! Angie36. I'll defi... read more »

Currimundi

No Money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2012

Sold my car to the currimundi branch on the 23rd June told 10 working days for the money its now the 3rd of August no money numerous excuses. Please Never Leave your vehicle with anyone before they pay for it! I have no idea what if anything can be done to recoup our money do we list it as stolen??

• 17 helpful votes

They are in Liquidation!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2012

I am the same boat as well. I sold my car at the Strathfield branch in Sydney. I have been waiting for my money for a month now. I called the number and got told they are in Liquidation! I have to leave a message so that they can contact me but when? I just hope I will get my money or my car back.

17 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

employees all put off and no pay for them either

there's nothing anybody can do now. I have had legal advice. It is in the hands of the receivers. You cannot bring action against the company anymore, that is why they went into receivership, to ... read more »

Carina

• 5 helpful votes

They are now insolvent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2012

We sold our Jeep on 21/06/12, never received the money we were promised. We made repeated contact attempts via email and phone. Complaint lodged with Office of Fair Trading. Promised call backs that never come. We have lost our Jeep and $6150. Emailed them today and received the message as follows: For information regarding WeBuyAnyCar please contact Worrells Solvency and Forensic Accountants on [number removed]. Will we get our money? Who knows!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Our Jeep is sitting at Mannheims auction yard in Brisbane. They stopped taking cars from WBAC after the Current Affair piece. It is no longer registered in our name.

CHATSWOOD

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

I Reclaimed / Repossesed My Vehicle after over 30 Days & No Payment!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2012

I reclaimed / repossesed my vehicle a few days ago from this motor dealer! I went to their office with a letter of demand and a video camera and they returned my car to me within 3 hours - I waited over 30 days and received no payment!

I later called the police and was adivsed that I could have made a report to the police as the motor dealer had actually stolen the vehicle after not paying before the expiry of the consignment 10 day period. The police can help you get your car back.

If you want to know where your car is they acution them off at: Manihem Fowel Eagle Farm brisbane [name and address removed] call them and state you are the legal owner and search rego plate. If they dont then dont stress police will do if for you as its stolen property.

Call Highway Auto Group speak to [name removed] there and state that you think they might have recieved your car illegaly. [address and number removed]

When you sign the consignment contract its only valid for 10 days of date and then I was told by [name removed] they we can report the car stolen.

Also they transferred the vehicles rego out of my name without making payment first which is not allowed to be done - they have no right to transfer the rego without having ownership of the car. They will have to reverse the transfer of registration immediately. pls note registration does not mean ownership dont be told otherwise you are the rightful owner until its paid on the 10th day.

Best of luck to eveyone one who is in the same situation I went through! It is very stressful. Thought I sold the car then over 30 days later had to repossess it from We Buy Any Car due to their failure to pay!

- Non-Payment, Breach of Contract / Consignment. Had to Reclaim / Reposses Vehicle.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Worth a try... these guys are total fraud, I got mine processed only after involving Dept of Fair Traiding QLD

Sunshine Coast

• 17 helpful votes
Private message

Do not waste time with this company!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2012

After a phonecall from 'We buy any car' asking that we bring the vehicle down for them to make a 'good offer' - (when advertising online for just a couple of days) - we discovered it was a total waste of time!! not only were the staff rude and unable to live up to the promise of actually offering any decent amount for our rare and collectable car, saying "We couldn't even offer you retail price for it" although this type of vehicle now retails for much more than originally paid - they were so condesending that we walked out before they even had a chance to look over the car!
They are like vultures circling their prey on online classifieds waiting for the chance to pick what they can out of those who may be needing a quick sale on their vehicles (fortunately we are not in this position, and had we been we still wouldn't have wasted our time knowing what we now do about them).
It was entirely embarrassing even driving out of the place after we realised what type of business they actually are - do not waste your time with these guys!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

SYDNEY

• 13 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Dont pay on time.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2012

I 'sold' my car to them on June 17, and gave them the benefit of the doubt, waiting until 11 working days before starting to chase the money. The first time I rang the lines were busy and someone will call you back. Rang again later that day to be told the phone lines to accounts were down (haha). Rang the accounts number directly only to get message they were on holidays. 6 times back and forth between the 1300 number and the accounts number only to get the run around. Finally spoke to Wai who said would ring back in 72 hours - the payment is on the manager's desk and he is processing them. Still waiting. Rang, emailed and facebook posted again every day this week only to get the same BS answers.. this time the manager is overseas and processing payments remotely. The staff are very polite and can manage to keep a straight face with their inventive excuses but I am worried I will never see my money. Have now reported them to Dept of Fair Trading, contacted TV media and reported my car as stolen to the police.

- dont pay on time, give you false answers, never return your calls

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Got the money after sending a letter of demand this morning, like this if anyone else needs help: This is to advise you that I have reported my car as stolen this morning to Auburn police as you h... read more »

woo hoo cant wait, I saw it advertised just now. Lets hope its a step closer to getting them shut down for good as they are evil

hope it works for you Jen, keep ringing them as well. Here's some of the phone numbers i gathered: [phone numbers removed] or email [email removed] Good luck!

• 11 helpful votes

Not so good...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2012

They happily took the car but haven't payed for it despite numerous calls and emails. The website is no longer active and I haven't seen any recent ads on the TV. Another 'Cheques in the mail' scam I guess. My wife said the whole thing looked dodgy - I should have listend to her!

- They didn't pay for the car.

PERTH

• 6 helpful votes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2012

I have the same story (same day same branch) of CM88 and have't got my money after 1 month later.

I called them lots of times and texted to the sales representative many times. Generally they said this and that but no pay. The sales representative didn't reply any of my message only after 1 time of "promise to process ASAP" and after that he didn't take my call. I will be reporting my car as stolen and have the police contacting them at this time.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Yes, I have lodged a complainant on Fair Drading yesterday and have received an email that a officer will deal with this issue in 10 working days

PARRAMATTA

• 5 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Rubbish!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2012

Sold my car 6 weeks ago. Have not received any money. send 2 emails and rang 7 times. Have yet to have anyone ring me back. Am constantly told that I am on the priority list and someone will get back to me that day but have not received a call yet. Luckily my car was not worth much but most annoying.

- do not return calls. do not pay....

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

cheers for the info. Yes that was my concern. I am only awaiting a pittance in comparison with others. I feel for the people who still have loans and are awaiting their payment. btw, lodged a dept of fair trading application today.

interesting that they have some new [censored word removed]. the managing director has ordered a complete overhaul of their payment systems so any decisions re payment will not be able to be made u... read more »

SL I just went on line to the dept of fair trading website and followed the links to complaints

Manager Never Available

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2012

I sold my car to We Buy Any Car one June 23. I was quoted on the Internet at least $10,200. They told me this data was 3 months old and the best they could do was $8000 plus 10% bonus for selling with in 7 days of booking my appointment. I was unsure so the manager waived the account fee of $50, not much but I caved. They told me I would receive a cheque in 10 days. I kept calling and calling after the 10 days. No manager was ever free to talk and I kept getting promises it was posted. Today I found out the company has gone into liquidation and I Won't get my car back and I might not get all the money I was promised And it will take time! I've got bills to pay!

- Terrible, didn't pay me for my car.

Inverell

• 5 comments

Dodgy operators

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2012

On the 15th June 2012 I took my car to spring wood branch of we buy any cars. We signed a contract that day and was told the money would be put into my account within 10 working days. After waiting 14 working days the money had still not went into my account. I then phoned the spring wood branch to be transferred to the accounts department only to be forwarded to an answering machine. I rang back the branch, they took all my details and was told I would be called back by the accounts department. 2 days later I still hadn't been called. So I contacted the spring wood branch and they gave me the accounts department numbers. I got a hold of them and they told me they would investigate. On the 2nd of July I went to the branch and spoke with the manager [name removed]. He then used a tactic of having an email forwarded saying that the customer would have the money in their account in the next couple of days. He gave me a copy of the printout of the email and didn't realise he left the history attached. The title read, "screamer in showroom". The email went on to say, "what do you want me to tell this one". After over a week later still no money. In that time I was given the run around when calling them after my money. I then read all the reviews on this company and decided to contact the local police. I contacted them to tell them what I had done and the money was in my account the next day. This branch was clearly in breach of the contract and I suggest they are not dealt with. Avoid them at all costs.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I just saw it tonight Greg. Was that you that was interviewed? I appears as though they want to stay in business. I hope not for all those poor other people that will get stung by them.

That's interesting about the office of fair trading. Wish I had known that earlier. Greg let us know how you go with the extra 10%. Good luck with that mate

I've been away mate. What did you mean by pay back?

NORTH SYDNEY

Run away from WBAC

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2012

I am in the same situation as most.
I sold my car to WBAC in the 26th June. Still waiting for my money. After numerous calls to qld and email. Getting pretty annoyed. I will be speaking to the department of fair traiding tomorrow as I had informed the accounts deptment. If my money is not received this week.
Steer clear they are not worth the trouble.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

No not paid and my car has been sold to someone else.

SYDNEY

• 2 comments

Don't Do It.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2012

Like just about everybody else on this forum, I too have had a horrendous experience dealing with WBAC. I was gullible. I believed their promises. I waited almost a month to get paid.

I called them, emailed them and complained to anyone who would listen, and in the long run I got my money. If you have already done business with them then please, please, please keep making a nuisance of yourself via every method of communication you can.

Product Review is a great forum for discussing the terrible behaviour of WBAC and I wish I had found it sooner as it would have saved me a lot of anguish, frustration and money. I have a blog that is read by hundreds of people every day, so if you would like to reach out to more people and tell your story there please go to matthewgreen.com.au and look for the article Life Lesson Well Learnt.

- Trouble getting paid, Inconsistent excuses, Do not return phone calls or answer emails

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Humour helps me cope with the blatant dishonesty and criminal negligence of some people. It's like the old saying, "If you don't laugh you'll cry".

Hi Deirdre, how did you find out they were in liquidation?

All Round Bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2012

I sold my sons EF falcon to this company on the 23/06/2012 for a minor $250, I have since had to contact them twice to find out where the payment was, the first time I was given a phone number of their accounts dept. in QLD. when I called they did not even ask me what I was calling for before starting to search for my details, to make matters worse they kept me on hold for 30mins whilst I was on my mobile from Victoria, and then asked for my number and told me they will call back.
HaHa, they didn,t so then I emailed them, I got a phone call which I missed stating they would call back in the next 48hrs, Ha Ha Ha, they didn,t!!!!
So now its 26/07/12 and I still have not been paid for the vehicle that they have had since the 23/06.
My advise to anyone selling a car, even a wrecker is a better option, don,t waste your time for the worst possible price and service.

Private message

How to get your money from these guys.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2012

We had the same issues as many others in this forum, same excuses about why we hadn't been paid, and promises that that payment would be made next day. As recommended in these reviews we found our car was listed on Manheim We contacted them immediately and advised them that we were in dispute with webuyanycar.com.au as we had not been paid. They were very helpful and not wanting to be caught up in the mess withdrew 'our' car from sale immediately pending resolution. They also went straight to the top of WeBuyAnyCar and had the situation hurried up from their end.

In the meantime, we went to PPSR and lodged a Security Interest against our car. This cost $7.20 and can be done immediately online, but it protects you legally and means that wbac do not have clear title to dispose of your car until you have been paid. We also lodged a Transfer Dispute with VicRoads. Would you believe that we then got paid the next day despite already waiting weeks for our money?!

I would advise anyone using this mob to go straight to PPSR and lodge your security interest as soon as you have done the deal with wbac.
Do not accept any excuses, promises, or 'screenshots' of receipts/proof of payment. Make sure the money is in your account before you remove the PPSR which can also be done on line.

Hope this helps someone.

- They don't pay when they say they will, They make up excuses as to why they haven't paid, they don't return calls.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

When I submitted my review I included the website address for PPSR, but the moderators have removed it for some reason. It is a government body so it is ppsr.gov.au . Put it in straight away!! Wort... read more »

1 of 5 pages

So who owns the cars that We Buy Any Cars have sold if they have not paid the previous owner?

ejd asked on Aug 01, 2012

Answer this

From what I've heard from others a lot of the cars have already been sold to other people even though somehow they're still registered to the previous owners who've copped fines and such by the new drivers/owners. I was told my car would most likely be shipped interstate (outback) to be used as a hire car for tourists in the outback as it wasn't in good condition. The only smart thing I did was go down same day and cancel my Rego and hand my plates in so I could get a refund, otherwise god only knows what fines and such would be in my name. Unfortunately so many others weren't so lucky. Because their car has somehow been onsold even though its still registered in their names they've lost their car, money and are still making loan repayments and now fines.

Unfortunately, the contracts used by these guys effectively passes "ownership" to them when delivered. In exchange, you get a contractual promise to pay which is, of course, worthless as they owe far more than they have in assets. However IF your car was still under finance AND it is still held by WBAC's liquidator (I think about 38 meet that description) OR it was onsold to a wholesaler or another car yard then you still have some chance of recovery. Cars sold to WBAC without a PPSR (used to be REVS) charge on them OR that were onsold by WBAC to a consumer (ie, not a company or for business purposes) are gone. Ring dept of transport and see who the vehicle is registered to. Some people seem to have been lucky getting the police to help them, but most will find that this is not a police matter and they will be advised to find a solicitor.

Has anyone bought a car from them?

Di51 asked on Jun 10, 2012

Answer this

Answer removed for inappropriate content.

They only take them I think.

They sell their cars through auction houses ..I bought one...now wondering if the previous owner has been paid ..

If they took the car and haven't paid, then they haven't completed their part of the contract - ring and ask for your car back. If they don't produce the car call the police and report the car stolen.

Disgruntled customer12 asked on Apr 24, 2012

Answer this

Just done that, good advice

Ring manhiem to see if car is there if it is tell them the car has not been paid for they will put a hold on it as you can use your claim of right to get the car back that is from the police

People trying to coantact We Buy Any Cars should click on to the adv link for their Qld branch it has a 1300 # which is still being answered as of 01.08.2012.