Model: Standard (Q1000AU) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Baby Q .. fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2019

Recently received a Weber Baby q as a bonus when we built a pergola we have continually used it since getting at last summer cooks great easy to clean minimal gas used and a great variety of food can be cooked on it would definitely buy another one in the future if needed to although by the look of it I think this Weber q will last many years go out and get yourself one

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Model: Premium (Q1200AU) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Excellent produce with outstanding back up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

So happy with my Weber. This little BBQ has transformed how we cook and enjoy food. Yes, really.

On this BBQ I can cook the best tasting steak, pork fillet, fish and roasts. It is quick and easy to use and to clean and so simple to use. Steaks go straight on the grill and the trick is in the timing. Heat the BBQ up for at least 10 minutes. Turn once. Don't open the lid unnecessarily. Know how thick the meat is and work out a timing rhythm. Easy.

For those that say "its not hot enough" then you have chosen the wrong type of BBQ for your cooking style. Buy a Weber Q, change your cooking style, don't use a BBQ plate (grill only) enjoy the best steaks ever.

For cleaning:
1) Run at max heat to turn any food on the grill (on a weber you should have much anyway) to ash. When cool, Use one of the new "safe" stainless steel grill brushes that don't shed steel bristles to clean. Use balled up foil to clean further
2) Use a stiff nylon brush to do the rest of the grill bars. Remove the grill.
3) get a plastic paint scraper from the hardware store to clean the worst from the cook box into the drip tray
4) Toss the alfoil drip tray, get a pack from woolies and change over
5) Use a good quality stainless steel grill brush exclusively to gently brush the gas ring to keep surface rust at bay and the holes clear.

so easy

Support from Weber is the stuff of dreams. I recently had mine repaired, at home, at over 18 months old. Ownership is a great experience end to end. Great job Weber!

Brisbane

• 7 helpful votes

Model: Standard (Q1000AU) Date Purchased: Dec 2018

This really is perfect, don't know how I ever lived without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

I have cooked bacon, eggs, marinated chicken thighs, steak and even roast beef, everything turns out perfect.
Highly recommend for small areas like units with balconies. Starts with the first click which is awesome. Easy to pack up and take with you if need be. Accessories are a bit expensive.

Model: Standard (Q1000AU) Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Love my new Baby Q !

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

I was delighted with my new Weber Baby Q, we cooked steaks and they came out beautifully cooked and so juicy , not dry and blackened like our old fashioned bbq, and clean up afterwards was just a breeze. The Baby Q wipes clean with ease and the handy cover keeps dust at bay between uses.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

NARANGBA

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Q100 Date Purchased: Dec 2010

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

I have had my Weber Baby Q for aprox 8 years. A hole formed in the burner tube. I contacted Weber through their website on Sunday 25th November 2018 for them to contact me in regards to obtaining a new one. By 8.30 am on Monday 26th November, i had received an email from them saying that they would replace under warranty. I then received a further email from them same day giving me a tracking number.
At aprox 2.00pm Tuesday 27th November my new burner tube arrived from Adelaide. As I am in Brisbane, They must have over-nighted it. Well done Weber on your service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: Q120 Date Purchased: Mar 2009

Great product world best support services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Love the results I have with our Weber and when things stopped working as they had I went and discussed with local Weber suppliers and after providing details was supplied with new grill plate new burner and pressure regulator all under warranty now working like new.
This is fantastic service so register your Q best BBQ we have ever had
Thanks to all for a wonderful product
Don

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: Premium (Q1200AU) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Temperature seems stuck on 100

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Tried to cook a roast again today. A 1.5 Pork roast is raw inside after 90 min. High for 30 min before putting in the roast. Temp. is now 120c after 2 hrs (30min. heating BabyQ and 1.5 hrs cooking). Christmas Gift from family last year. Have now tried to use three times over the past 11 months. End up bringing in and cooking in the oven.
Have watched all the videos. It looks so easy. What are we doing wrong?

Comments
Weber Official

Hi George, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having issues with your pork roast. I will need a bit more info to properly identify the issue, and you're more than welcome to ring ... read more »

Model: Standard (Q1000AU) Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Huge Disappointment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Does not heat up enough to cook a sizzling steak. Have been told by a chef it is because it has just one ring of burners. Don't waste your money go for a bigger model Should not be sold as is, I have even had the Weber people out and told me it was fine, apparently they loved stewed fillet steak

Comments
Weber Official

Hi Veronica, thanks for your review and we're saddened to hear that you aren't happy with your Baby Q. Your Q should definitely be able to sear fantastic steaks that are full of flavour! We'd lo... read more »

Model: Standard (Q1000AU) Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Quality and ease of use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

I agree with others' positive reviews of this bbq, I have had mine for two weeks and already cooked steak, sausages, lamb and pork roasts and vegetables to perfection. The two roasts were perfect; moist, and cooked well through and not overdone. These are the positives. However, you will need to purchase various extras to make your Baby Q fully functional. Go in with eyes open but the extras are worth it. I threw out my Bunnings Chinese piece of rubbish which had already started to rust. Look after your Weber and you will enjoy it for years.

Comments
Weber Official

Thanks for your kind words Peter! We're glad to hear you're making the most of your Baby Q.

• 3 comments
  • 7 answers

Model: Standard (Q1000AU) Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Not my stile of bbq

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

I was verry disappointed with my baby q gas bbq if you want the smoky flavor of burnt fat then its for you not me their idea of how to bbq is far from mine slow cooks sausages is all i would use it for i prefer the old hot plate that cooks steak ext like a pan with a clean flavor

Comments
Weber Official

Hi Gary, we're saddened to hear that you are not satisfied with your Baby Q. By cooking with the lid down, all those beautiful smokey, bbq flavours circulate around the food, imparting flavour into... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 answers

Model: Premium (Q1200AU) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Amazing little bbq! Another weber jem..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Shout out to weber. Firstly nailed the charcoal and briquette game for over a billion years. Have now conquered the family bbg game. You changed the way we cook, remember when everyone used to go to bunnings and buy a massive 4 or 6 burner shiny crapbox bbq that couldn't cook good bbq if it tried! Im a charcoal guy through and through but decided on a baby q 1200au for camping trips. Best descion i ever mad. Biggups Weber

Comments
Weber Official

Thanks for your kind words Fents!

Bunbury

Verified Purchase Model: Q120 Date Purchased: Feb 2012

Service made easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I use my Weber regularly and it never fails to produce magnificent roasts. Recently I had the igniter break down. I wrote to Weber asking where I could buy a replacement. They told me it was covered under the lifetime warranty. They sent me out a replacement and it arrived so fast it was unbelievable.
Excellent service is alive and well and it resides at Weber Barbeques.

Comments
Weber Official

Thanks Daz, and happy barbecuing!

Adelaide, SA

• 7 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Standard (Q1000AU) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Great compact bbq for camping

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Have used this bbq a few times now and it does the job well. Heating up the bbq for at least 15 minutes prior to use is a must. Also good idea to purchase the half flat plate as the breakfast plate was too small.

The only downside to this awesome bbq is all the additional extras cost a small fortune. The small casserole dish was $99. Which is really a complete joke.

Other than that Weber do make a great bbq.

Purchased at: BCF

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Weber Official

Thanks for your review Jodie, and we appreciate your feedback on the price of the casserole dish. Happy barbecuing!

Palm Beach

Model: Standard (Q1000AU) Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Best BBQ Ever!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I live alone so I bought the Baby Q & it is seriously amazing!! I use it nearly every night in Summer & cooks things perfectly. It heats up nice & quickly, it gives things that nice BBQ char (if desired). It is also big enough to cook a few different things up on it is you have a few people over for dinner. I only have the grill plates but these are fine for what I use it for. I constantly keep its cover on it so it stays nice & clean & out of the rain. Its also the perfect size to take to the park with your friends - I have done so a few times!

Purchased at: Barbeques Galore

Comments
Weber Official

Thanks for your review Melissa! Happy barbecuing.

Model: Standard (Q1000AU) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Weber Baby Q

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Compact BBQ with very easy operation, so light and small can be easily stored any where and can fit in car for camping and bbq's on picnics. Amazing how such a small bbq can bring very good smoky results. Would recommend this if you have less storage space and love the best of the bbq's.

Adelaide

• 5 helpful votes

Model: Premium (Q1200AU) Date Purchased: May 2018

Amazing for road trips

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

I have to make treks up to my family farm which is a good few hours away, and every time I go up there I bring the Baby Q. It is the perfect size for storing in the car, and is the most convenient appliance I own. It cooks beautifully, (I mainly cook sausages and thin steaks on it) and although it obviously doesn't fit as much as a regular BBQ, for myself and a couple of other people it fits just the right amount. I honestly don't know how I've gone my whole life without buying one of these earlier, they are just the best portable cooking appliances I cant think of on the market right now. The barbecue is also really easy to clean, just a quick wipe with some lemon juice, and since it's so small you can easily store it out of the elements for a durable appliance as well.

Model: Premium (Q1200AU) Date Purchased: May 2018

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

We bought this for road trips down south this worked like crazy it sizzled nicely made crisp burgers and we even roasted marshmallows and it was so yummy it is very small and portable i love this i would buy again if this one failed on me would recommend this product.

Model: Standard (Q1000AU) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Best BBQ

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

How have I not had one of these sooner. It has changed our world. The flavour and tenderness of meat is exceptional. I don't know why it has taken us so long to purchase one of these amazing bbq's. I do so many different things in it whilst camping and at home. Cook wellingtons, roasts, bbq's, bread. It is just the best and every family should have one. I now eat a lot of steak! YUM

Purchased at: Ray's Outdoors

• 6 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Premium (Q1200AU) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Very compact , but holds a lot

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

This is one of the best BBQ we have owned, its simple to clean and cook anything from sausages to roasts, we have even cooked pizza on it, with lots of acc available. We live in a small unit and the weber lives on the deck on the stand with a cover over it. We purchased it from BBQs and more, browns plains and the service and product knowledge was fantastic.

Falcon

• 3 answers

Model: Premium (Q1200AU) Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Excellent BBQ for two

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

My husband and I were gifted this as a wedding present and it was one of our favourite presents. It is small and compact and well suited for just the two of us, it has been a little bit difficult to cook when we've had a few friends around we have had to do things in batches, even so it is still really good. Everything cooks evenly and it is easy to clean and maintain. We were also given the stand that you can buy for these which I would recommend if you're using it as your main BBQ.

Purchased at: Barbeques Galore