Filter By:

Rewards

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

It was wonderful to receive a free month after being a member for 12 months staff always so pleasant and helpful in phone the internet site is wonderful thanks Westfund

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Doreen, Thank you for the 5-star review. We are delighted you find our staff pleasant and helpful as we pride ourselves on our customer service. Have a great day!

Service is great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Have been with Westfund for 15+ years. Always great service and make everything so easy at a time when you don’t need to be worrying about how to pay. Worth every penny.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your fantastic 5-star review. Thank you for being with us! We hope you have a great day.

So happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

I have been so happy since we switched to Westfund, we were with medibank for years with top cover but it seemed we never got anything out of it except an expensive bill per month. We are pregnant with our second child now so I am hoping our experience will continue to be great!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Tess, thanks for choosing Westfund. We are proud to cover both you and your family. We appreciate the feedback, Tess. Have a great day

Sydney

• 20 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Very Good if you claim a lot otherwise a expensive fund

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I have been with them for over 2 years now and they have consistently become more expensive.

They tend to be good if you do claim a lot but the punishment goes towards people that may not claim as much by rising the price.

I am switching into Frank because for a comparable cover they are noticeably cheaper but I am rating Westfund highly as on the rare occasions that we did have a claim they were reasonably easy to work with.

If you claim more than you pay towards your policy then these guys are good. If you dont claim as much through out the year then they are expensive, that about sums it up.

Perhaps I will consider them when their pricing is going to be competitive again.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Navid, thank you for your review. We have passed your feedback on to our Product Team. We hope you have a wonderful day.

This is how other Health Funds THINK they are ...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

We changed to Westfund about 4 years ago when another major fund decided to put profit higher than members and closed down their office in Dubbo. Best move we ever did, should have done years ago.
Westfunds premiums are reasonable and benefits are tops. One extra benefit is their Eyecare section with top optometrist and the best savings on frames and optics anywhere.
And of course, the staff team, they are friendly and efficient. It is a pleasure to visit the office.
Thank you Westfund.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Ben, thank you for your 5-star review. We are delighted to have you as our member and appreciate the kind words about our service and staff. We have passed this feedback on to our Eye Care Manager. Have a great day.

Changing funds

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

I was a member of another health insurance fund for many years and when I needed them most, I was disappointed. I transferred to Westfund around twelve months ago and to date, they have been excellent to deal with. They have very good cover options for the lower cost bracket, compared to other funds.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Kaz, thanks for being with us. We are here to benefit our members and we're happy you find us excellent to deal with. Have a great day!

Excellent health fund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

I joined Westfund 1 year ago and have been extremely happy with this reliable health fund.
Obviously the higher your monthly contribution
The more they pay for your claims. Whenever my
Claims are submitted the doctors concerned have recognised a good payment. This is most rewarding and satisfying to all concerned

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Lil S, Thank you for your 5-star review. We are happy you see the value in our covers as we do. Have a great day!

• 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Only have the Ambulance Cover. Highly recommended.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

Have their Ambulance only cover for quite a few years. Covers interstate travel, emergency and non emergency. Claiming was also very straightforward as it only involved sending them the bill from the Ambulance NSW.
Even if you never get to use it, it's worth it.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi S S, We are delighted you find our claiming process simple and straightforward. Thanks for the feedback. Have a wonderful day!

So very reassuring

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2018

I had to ring to check after a hospital in Brisbane informed me there had been a "warning" on our policy. I rang the fund & the young lady I spoke to was so very helpful, she checked with the hospital section & got back to me very promptly & all is well, when you are going into hospital for a procedure you are concerned anyway, I didn't need the added stress, she fixed this problem for me instantly. Many thanks

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Jill, we are happy we could help you through such a stressful time. We pride ourselves on our customer service as we are here to benefit our members. Thank you for your wonderful review. Have a great day.

Newcastle

Tony W, was excellent

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

Tony was excellent, few other people were a bit average.

Certainly would go back if Defence Health changed dramatically, but would only deal with Tony.

Very fair and ethical interaction which I could not give NIB for implying not for profits tend to embezzle member funds in to directors pockets, I felt that asking how much did NIB directors embezzle when they were not for profit was too easy.

It would be excellent, if not for the hiccup.....which Tony immediately rectified (was not responsible for) when he caught the email chain late in the day.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Mark, We are delighted to hear the service you received from Tony was excellent. Thank you for your feedback Mark. Have a wonderful day.

Bob,State Manager Westfund

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

I have just had a discussion with Bob and am happy with his response,l will recommend Westfund to my family and friends!
Comparing other health funds l believe Westfund gives the best value for our money.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Errol, Thank you for your great review. We will pass this onto our State Manager Bob as well. Thanks for being with us!

Lawnton

GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY PLUS

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2018

Been a member for the last 15-20 years and growing older like many of us has come with some bumps and humps but I still feel I am better off than others. WESTFUND has gave us the confidence to live our lives knowing if needed we are covered. The ladies on the phone always provide a high level of communication skills, excellent attitude and ready to help in any way they can. Definitely GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY and the PLUS is for all these little good things that gives WESTFUND my 5 STARS

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Clem, thank you for being with us for all these years. We pride ourselves on our customer service and appreciate the time you took to give us 5-stars. Have a great day!

Long time member

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

joined because of local office at Mudgee and was pleased to find an Office in Orange when we came back in 1997.
Westfund is about the only ins providing face to face wonderful service in town. we also have a great Eye Centre
with very skilled practicioners.Would recommend Westfund to any one looking for value and great service with a smile.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Peter, thank you for giving us a 5-star review. We are pleased that you love our customer service and Eye Care. Thank you for being with us!

BRISBANE, Qld

• 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

What's not to like about Westfund?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

Having moved from Bupa within 12 months of MBF being bought out (by BUPA) I've enjoyed the benefits of Westfund: i.e. in Mackay I am able to attend their in house dentist and I can also attend the same practice for specialised treatment. I needed a dental bight guard to stop me breaking teeth while I slept at night. (It's been interesting to see how much I damage I have done to the the bight guard). Currently I know there are only 2 dental practices in the Westfund stable, but I am hopeful that other towns will one day have the same access; however, they do have a 'Provider of Choice' for dental services, (as do other health funds) and before they had the dental practice I continued to go to a dentist of my choice. Being able to attend Westfund's in house optometrist, (available in five regional areas) is also an easy exercise. Being a Private Member's Health Insurer, it is a not for profit organisation, and as such, I was pleasantly surprised one year to actually receive a small (and welcome) refund from them. With Prices going up every year and me continuing to check out other organisations (for peace of mind) I'm happy with my level of cover, which is Single Platinum 500. Making claims is as easy as stepping into their office and (currently) either receiving a cash refund, or as I do, having the money put straight into my bank account.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

HI Pforte, We appreciate your feedback. We love hearing how our members get the most out of their cover and our Eye Care and Dental Care. Thank you for being such a great advocate and giving us a 5-star review.

• 1 review
  • 1 question

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

I have been a member for the last few years, we pay our fees annually, we were advied by a neighbor of ours they were changing fom Bupa to another fund and were going to save $1700, so I rang the fund they mentioned, the fund told me to stay where I was as they could not match Westfund. I have had major surgery over the years whilst being a member of Westfund with never having one problem. I am a very hapy member, and will remain so.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Brian, we are delighted you see the value in our products as much as we do! Thank you for your great 5-star review, Brian. We hope you have a wonderful day.

Membership with Westfund gives us peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2018

Customer support excellent whether on telephone or in person at Wollongong branch. Have compared benefits with other funds and there is no comparison.
Annual policy reviews and changes very clear, easy to understand. We Photocopy and give to others to compare their funds. Have been with Westfund for over 20 years and very happy. Thankyou Westfund

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Carol, We appreciate your kind words as we pride ourselves on our customer service. Thank you for being our valued member and a great Westfund advocate - it means a great deal to us! We hope you have a wonderful day.

Great health fund.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

Had been with NIB for 27 years and finally got sick of increasing premiums, decreasing services and increasing gap payments.Considered opting out altogether but came across the westfund website.Very happy, good product, great service. Cannot fault them.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Mick, We are happy you found us! We aim to make our covers as clear and as simple as possible for everyone. Please do not hesitate to pick up the phone if you have any questions, Mick. Thank you for your review.

Best Health Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

I have just finished going through the information of another health fund who assured me they were the best with my current Westfund policy and they could not even come close to what Westfund offers us. They truely are the best value for my money and their team are amazing, friendly and informative..

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Monica, Thank you for your fantastic 5-star review. We are delighted to be able to give our members great cover. Have a great day.

Best Health Fund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Always helpful, polite, and if have to call you back then they deliver. I post my claims in and never have a problem. Money back in my account in no time . Been with Westfund for years, occassionally check competition but still the best Westfund. Keep up the great work.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Liz, It's fantastic you're happy with our customer service as it's what we pride ourselves on. Thank you for being with us over the years Liz. We hope you have a great day.

WESTFUND you are wonderful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

A number of years ago I transferred from another fund to Westfund due to the cost of the other fund and the "gap" payment that could only be reduced by paying more each week. I found Westfund to be a viable alternative with no "gap": in partner hospitals and less to pay each week. Westfund transferred my membership from the other fund and I have had no complaints with their service and product reliability. I have no hesitation in recommending Westfund to other persons interested in health insurance

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hello Berger, We are delighted you found us and we have the right cover for you. Thank you for your recommendation as well. Have a fantastic day.

1 of 6 pages