Filter By:

Insurance claim made

THE BEES KNEES OF HEALTH FUNDS FINALLY!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

When I did a search through CHOOSI 12 months ago I never thought I would end up with a company I had never heard of before. Well I did, and I have never looked back since. WESTFUND has given me everything it has promised in its PDF and more. I have had 3 ops one of them was a 3 night stay in hospital not long after I joined, all covered for. And, just now 2 lots of Day Surgery , it was a breeze, it was a breeze. I would and have been recommending WESTFUND to anyone and everyone, since last year. They are are quick to answer all questions, and very prompt on all claims and services needed by you the Client. I cannot speak Highly enough about this HEALTH FUND. Simply the Best, hands down. So ring now, premiums are most comparative to other funds. And, offer incentives to existing clients, for word to mouth referrals. I know I won’t be Changi g or looking anywhere else this year for another Health Care Fund. This is definitely my one stop shop!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Juleen, Thank you for such an amazing and positive review. We are pleased that you have experienced the great customer service we strive to deliver to all our members. Have a great day.

Insurance claim made

Very professional and prompt to respond

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Highly recommended. Whilst health insurance is getting ever more expensive, I have always had a good experience when it comes to my interactions with Westfund. Prompt to respond to enquiries and any changes in cover. Also, prompt payment of claims with personalised follow up. At one stage I transferred to Medibank Private to capitalise on a marketing deal and transferred back to Westund within a week due to a terrible experience dealing with Medibank. Westfund continued my cover without a gap so that I did not have to experience the waiting periods again.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Mick, Thank you for this fantastic 5-star review. We are delighted you find comfort in Westfund and have returned. We appreciate your feedback. Have a wonderful day!

So easy to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

I have found Westfund so easy to deal with and the claims are paid immediately. The customer support is fast and helpful. I would recommend Westfund to anyone. For dental and extras it is so helpful to my family policy. I love the option of a single parent cover.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Robyn, we appreciate your lovely review. Thank you for being an advocate for us. Don't forget to give us a call if you have any questions or concerns on 1300 937 838.

A very good health fund to be in

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Looking at other health funds westfund is one of the best we have been with westfund for years and are very happily with it. They are cheap and pay fare rates.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Kerry. Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions 1300 937 838.

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

New member, everything was set up easily with great rates and even first month discount which was an added bonus to the already great rate. I'm hoping the service continues to be helpful.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Bel, Thank you for your 5-star review. We appreciate the kind words and we're delighted you've decided to join Westfund.

Newcastle

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
Private message

Only a new member but very impressed at this stage.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

From my very first phone call to Westfund, I have been impressed with each and every staff member who has handled any query of mine. They have always been most polite, friendly and helpful. I have not made a claim yet, but I am confident that will be handled in the same efficient manner. Their policy represented the best value for money out of all that I compared and they give some additional member benefits that other providers don't offer.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

HI DLC, Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy to look after you every step of the way. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you need help on 1300 937 838.

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

Having a policy that is comprehensive is comforting but sometimes it is necessary to have some of the details explained before the necessity to make a claim. Westfund were excellent in claritying various cover clauses and making it easy to make medical choices. It was easy to get someone on the phone and they were extremely courteous, pleasant and helpful. They went the extra mile to assist me to fully understand my options. A great peace of mind experience.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi 2gees, We are always happy to help our members with all questions and concerns and are delighted you have great peace of mind with us. Thank you for your 5-star review. We hope you have a wonderful day.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

One of a kind in today’s world !

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

“We do value your business.......(but not enough to pay adequate staff so that we can speedily attend to you)”. How much time do you usually waste listening to menus,privacy statements,adverts etc? Then try Westfund! And be speaking to someone in clear concise English almost immediately.Seek info or detail a problem and be off the phone—well satisfied—within a couple of minutes ! Westfund PROOVES it values your business .

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Geoff, Thank you for your wonderful 5-star review. We have forwarded this to our Contact Centre. Have a great day.

And it is non- profit!

Insurance claim made

Excellent coverage, excellent customer service, extremely responsive

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

Policy is expensive but coverage is excellent. Very easy to set up, they contacted my last fund and did everything for me. In the one small issue I had, customer service dealt with it immediately. App works very well too. Importantly, if you do call, you get through to a person very quickly - no long waits or overseas call centres.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Liesl, Thank you for your great review. We pride ourselves on customer service and are happy you have had such great experiences. Have a great day!

Friendly, Helpful and Competent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

Dealt with Janine (from your Maroochydore Office) Great help in providing information to meet our needs. Nothing was too much trouble for her.
Product she recommended met our needs at a competitive price

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Topcat, Thank you for this wonderful 5-star review. We will pass this on to Janine. Have a great day!

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Excellent health insurance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

Westfund is the best health insurance that I have ever been a member of. Undoubtedly highly recommended. I do online transactions. Always easy and staff over phone are very helpful too.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you for your wonderful review Ajo. We appreciate the feedback and will pass this on. Have a great day.

Rewards

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

It was wonderful to receive a free month after being a member for 12 months staff always so pleasant and helpful in phone the internet site is wonderful thanks Westfund

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Doreen, Thank you for the 5-star review. We are delighted you find our staff pleasant and helpful as we pride ourselves on our customer service. Have a great day!

Service is great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Have been with Westfund for 15+ years. Always great service and make everything so easy at a time when you don’t need to be worrying about how to pay. Worth every penny.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your fantastic 5-star review. Thank you for being with us! We hope you have a great day.

So happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

I have been so happy since we switched to Westfund, we were with medibank for years with top cover but it seemed we never got anything out of it except an expensive bill per month. We are pregnant with our second child now so I am hoping our experience will continue to be great!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Tess, thanks for choosing Westfund. We are proud to cover both you and your family. We appreciate the feedback, Tess. Have a great day

Sydney

• 22 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Very Good if you claim a lot otherwise a expensive fund

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I have been with them for over 2 years now and they have consistently become more expensive.

They tend to be good if you do claim a lot but the punishment goes towards people that may not claim as much by rising the price.

I am switching into Frank because for a comparable cover they are noticeably cheaper but I am rating Westfund highly as on the rare occasions that we did have a claim they were reasonably easy to work with.

If you claim more than you pay towards your policy then these guys are good. If you dont claim as much through out the year then they are expensive, that about sums it up.

Perhaps I will consider them when their pricing is going to be competitive again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Navid, thank you for your review. We have passed your feedback on to our Product Team. We hope you have a wonderful day.

This is how other Health Funds THINK they are ...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

We changed to Westfund about 4 years ago when another major fund decided to put profit higher than members and closed down their office in Dubbo. Best move we ever did, should have done years ago.
Westfunds premiums are reasonable and benefits are tops. One extra benefit is their Eyecare section with top optometrist and the best savings on frames and optics anywhere.
And of course, the staff team, they are friendly and efficient. It is a pleasure to visit the office.
Thank you Westfund.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Ben, thank you for your 5-star review. We are delighted to have you as our member and appreciate the kind words about our service and staff. We have passed this feedback on to our Eye Care Manager. Have a great day.

Changing funds

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

I was a member of another health insurance fund for many years and when I needed them most, I was disappointed. I transferred to Westfund around twelve months ago and to date, they have been excellent to deal with. They have very good cover options for the lower cost bracket, compared to other funds.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Kaz, thanks for being with us. We are here to benefit our members and we're happy you find us excellent to deal with. Have a great day!

Excellent health fund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

I joined Westfund 1 year ago and have been extremely happy with this reliable health fund.
Obviously the higher your monthly contribution
The more they pay for your claims. Whenever my
Claims are submitted the doctors concerned have recognised a good payment. This is most rewarding and satisfying to all concerned

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Lil S, Thank you for your 5-star review. We are happy you see the value in our covers as we do. Have a great day!

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Only have the Ambulance Cover. Highly recommended.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

Have their Ambulance only cover for quite a few years. Covers interstate travel, emergency and non emergency. Claiming was also very straightforward as it only involved sending them the bill from the Ambulance NSW.
Even if you never get to use it, it's worth it.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi S S, We are delighted you find our claiming process simple and straightforward. Thanks for the feedback. Have a wonderful day!

So very reassuring

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2018

I had to ring to check after a hospital in Brisbane informed me there had been a "warning" on our policy. I rang the fund & the young lady I spoke to was so very helpful, she checked with the hospital section & got back to me very promptly & all is well, when you are going into hospital for a procedure you are concerned anyway, I didn't need the added stress, she fixed this problem for me instantly. Many thanks

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Jill, we are happy we could help you through such a stressful time. We pride ourselves on our customer service as we are here to benefit our members. Thank you for your wonderful review. Have a great day.

1 of 6 pages