Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Best health fund I’ve ever dealt with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Good value policy. Great customer support.
Easy to claim online with great phone backup. Every interaction has been positive and respectful and I have felt genuine care and concern from them.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Possi, thank you for your 5 star review. We are happy that every interaction has been positive, and you feel we genuinely care because this is what we strive for. Thanks for being with us Possi, have a great day.

The best Health Insurance Cover around

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

I have now been a member of Westfund for two years. I have been very happy with the service, help and assistance that Westfund have given me. The various health fund talks we have attended have also been very helpful particularly the one we attended with the optometrist. There was information in that talk which was very enlightening and that we had not heard previously.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Elsie, thank you for your 5 star review. We are delighted that you have been particularly happy with the service and assistance you received and gained valuable information from our health talks... read more »

Excellent customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

It is always a pleasure to deal with Westfund. Customer service is excellent and you never have to wait on the phone for more than a couple of minutes. Online claiming is easy. Would definitely recommend Westfund for service and value.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi LAJ, Thank you for the 5 star review. It is our pleasure to help you with your health insurance needs, making for swift and helpful service. We appreciate the review as we take great care in our... read more »

monthly costs - items covered

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

. When I felt that part of the policy was no longer applicable, it was easily changed, with my particular needs taken into consideration. Staff were very obliging &understanding of my needs.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Maureen, Happy you felt ease in being able to change your cover to suit your needs. Thank you for the review. We hope you have a wonderful day.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Very new member comments

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Late August 2017 I joined Westfund via Compare The Market website. The policy is good value saving me approximately $300 a year compared with my previous fund. Within a few days I received membership application documents partially completed ready for me to complete the remainder. However the documents were missing a couple of items as the items were numbered, items 6 and 7 were totally missing from the paperwork. I phoned Westfund Customer Service and the staff were helpful advising they would send out new paperwork with all items as the document they were viewing was complete. The new documents arrived and they too were missing items 6 and 7. Eventually I logged onto the members' portal at the Westfund site and found an unread message with the complete document. I downloaded it, printed it, completed filling out the rest of it and returned it to Westfund. In the meantime my bank account had been debited the first months premium. During the first week of September I made an "extras" online claim as my HICAPS members card had not yet arrived. As of Friday 15 September the rebate had not been credited to my bank account. I phoned Westfund and after a few minutes of investigation it was discovered that my rebate had been credited to the wrong account! Customer Service staff advised that it was a "typo error" on their part when they were setting up the direct credit part of my membership. It is now evening 19 September and the rebate has still not been credited to my bank account. Also my HICAPS member's card has still not arrived. "How satisfied are you with the provider's Customer Support?" The Customer Support staff have been friendly over the phone, but from my limited experience as a new member of Westfund I am not happy with the overall support I've received.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Phil. We apologise for the bad experience you had with Westfund as a new member. It's not the level of service we normally provide to our members and we sincerely apologise for the lack of se... read more »

I've just heard from Cassandra - the Call Centre Manager at Westfund. She was most helpful in resolving the above issues. The Extras rebate mentioned above was credited to my bank account late ev... read more »

Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thanks for letting us know Phil. We're so glad that we were able to allay any the concerns you had. Please don't hesitate to get in touch via Social Media or through our Call Centre if we can be of any further assistance. Have a wonderful day, Phil.

Best Health Fund ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Having recently been hospitalised for 2 weeks I was so happy that Westfund took care of all my costs. When I came home I had cause to make some enquiries so I phoned. The lady on the end was so very helpful and lovely to talk to. After a long association with Westfund I am so happy to be part of this wonderful group

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hello Dorothy.
Thank you for your review, and we hope you are recovering well after your stay in hospital. Please don't hesitate to call our friendly staff should you require any further assistance.

Dapto

EXtreemly Happy with Westfund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

My policy is great value & I am very very Happy with Westfund I have my sister now in Westfund. I have had numerous claim and been very happy with the rebates. Wendy Smith

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hello Wendy, it's great that your extended family trust in us. Don't forget we are only a phone call away if you ever need help. Thank you for the review, have a great day.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Appreciate the Wonderful service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

My wife and I have a long history of satisfied membership with Westfund and have always been impressed with the level of administrative service offered after hospitalisation - phone receptionists also have made a major contribution towards the satisfying view being formed and hope Westfund doesn't follow the offshore direction engaged by other organisations. We have always been treated as a real person - with care, respect AND UNDERSTANDING. We consider your customer support at present to be excellent and frequently recommend Westfund Health Insurance to family and friends.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Bob, Thank you for the 5-star review. We have no intention to send our Call Centre overseas as we will remain regional for our members. We appreciate the time you took to let us know about your ... read more »

• 6 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great Value Health Fund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

I have had a health fund most of my life & decided to go shopping for better value. Happened upon WESTFUND & was impressed with value for money, customer support, & how effortless it was to join. I have GOLD 500 Health Insurance. Making a claim is easy 7 fast, Customer Support actually do their job very well. I claim on extras every week & get more back than I did with previous fund.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Gina,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are delighted that you are getting the most out of your private health insurance and enjoy our customer service. Have a great day, Gina.

Insurance claim made

Great support, delighted with bonuses

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

After 50 years with commercial health insurance, I am delighted with the personal touches I get from Westfund. I really appreciate getting advice of increased refunds, and love the bonus I received recently. And yesterday there was a problem with a claim from my podiatrist. A phone call to Westfund had that sorted out very quickly, very pleasantly, and the consultant I spoke to did all the work for me in organising paperwork from the podiatrist's office. It would have been a huge hassle with my previous insurer, but a pleasant experience with Westfund.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Ann,
Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on our customer service and appreciate the time you took to make this review. Have a wonderful day, Ann.

Verified Customer

Access to claims history

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

I wanted to know my history of recent hospital stays. I received the full 3-year history, in writing (email), including the dollar value of each refund. Exactly what I asked for. Thank you Westfund.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

We are happy you have had such a wonderful experience. We pride ourselves on our customer service. Thank you for your 5 star review. Have a great day.

Insurance claim made

Graet value, can not fault.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

Looking at overall cost / benefit analysis definitely best value fund around. Great support, local office for easy access. Tailored for maximum benefit to people living outside of capital cities.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Gav, We are delighted that you are happy with our fund, as a not-for-profit we try to give the most back to our members. Thank you for feedback and 5 star review. We hope you have a wonderful day, Gav.

Koumala

• 1 comment

Good value health fund

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

All health coverage is expensive, but member owned funds (like Westfund) reinvest the profits for the use of members,either better services or better benefits rather than in dividends to the share holders.
All our claims have been paid promptly and the staff have always been friendly and helpful.
Both optical and dental services have been looked after well and been of good value.
Thanks Westfund

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you, Frank, for such a wonderful review. We pride ourselves on being not-for-profit and looking after our members. We are happy you have had great experiences with our Eye and Dental Care Cen... read more »

Only the truth, no embellishments, the eye care stall at Mackay are excellent.

Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you, Frank. We will pass this on to Mackay and the Eye Care Executive Manager to let them know of their wonderful job.

Excellent support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Health Fund contributions are expensive no matter who you insure with so I look for good value & prompt service - Westfund delivers on all counts plus the staff are always friendly & co-operative. Been with Westfund since the Dubbo office opened (20 years ago?) and have appreciated the generous additional refund benefits that have often been extended to me for non-standard claims. As we age, knowing that we have good support for medical costs from Westfund is a very positive assurance for us.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you for your review, GCT. We also believe good value and prompt service is important as we operate to benefit our members. We appreciate the time you took to give us your lovely feedback and... read more »

Insurance claim made

Good fund just needs to review call centre

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

I hate talking to call centres and would like to be able to speak to someone at the branch . That is my only criticism of Westfund. I can't fault the treatment I received otherwise

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

HI Lyn, thank you for your review. We have 12 Care Centres across regional NSW & QLD including two locations in Mackay and Bathurst for those such as yourself who would rather talk with us in perso... read more »

Best Health Fund Out There!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

After Years of being a member I have never had a problem with Westfund (Apart from their stupid optometrist hours... seriously who stops seeing people just after 3o'clock!!! People work you know) Their staff are always friendly and helpful and their benefits are second to none!!!
Thanks Westfund!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi N.sizzle. Thank you for your feedback regarding the hours of our Eye Care centres. We will pass this on to our Executive Manager Eye Care. Have a wonderful day!

Go Westfund!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

It was very comforting to have the unfailing support of Westfund during my two shoulder replacements in 2013, and also during my husband's terminal illness over the past couple of years. Bills were paid promptly, no arguments, and your staff are always pleasant and efficient. Thankyou Westfund!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Carol, it is our pleasure to help you and your husband in your time of need. We hope you everything is well and don't forget we are only a phone call away. Enjoy your day Carol.

Insurance claim made

very happy satisfied customer!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

Can't fault this Health Fund....extremely happy with benefits, services & the amazing friendly & helpful staff !! I had been a member of West fund yrs. ago & let it lapse for financial reasons... I have recently rejoined & wouldn't have given any other Fund a 2nd thought! I am constantly recommending this fund to people I hear complaining about the Funds they are in ....explaining to them the benefits of Westfund and encouraging them to change over to Westfund ...... you definitely get a big thumbs up from me !! Very happy customer... a future PR officer...Ha Ha!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you for your review, Grace. We love that you are a great promoter of Westfund. We do have our Recommend a Friend promotions, learn more at www.westfund.com.au/offers. We hope you have a wonderful day Grace!

Insurance claim made

Satisfied Customer and Fund Member.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

My Policy is good value. The interaction with Westfund Staff is always friendly and helpful. I am very happy with the contributions to my recent dental bills. We all know how costly dentistry is!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Essie, Thank you for such a wonderful review. We do know how much-needed services can cost. That's why we have expanded our Dental Provider of Choice Network and introduced a no out-of-pocket fo... read more »

A Good Company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

I have been with Westfund for several months. Their premium was less than what I was paying with other Health fund, I get more back on my claims. The thoroughly recommend Westfund to anyone

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you for the 5 Star review, Tagger. We are happy that you love your claim rebates and would recommend us. Don't forget, we have a recommend a friend offer. Read more at www.westfund.com.au/offer. Enjoy your day!

1 of 4 pages

Hi, can you tell me if Westfund has a preferred optometrist in Perth please? I live on Christmas Island and only get to Perth once or twice a year. Thank you

Susan asked on Oct 10, 2017

Answer this

I suggest you contact Westfund directly. I don’t work for them, I’m just a customer who wrote a review and I live in Qld.

Hi Susan

Thanks for your question - Westfund doesn't have preferred optometrists at this point in time. If you have Extras cover or combined Hospital and Extras cover, you're able to claim up to your benefit amount (which varies depending on which policy you're on) at any optometrist you choose. There's more information about benefit limits on our website at https://www.westfund.com.au/health-plans/

We do have a Dental Provider of Choice in Perth. If you're on any Extras only or Combined Hospital and Extras policy you're completely covered for selected preventative dental services, including check-ups, scales, cleans, x-ray, mouth guard and fluoride treatments at any Westfund Dental Provider of Choice Network dentist, up to your annual limit (waiting periods may apply). We have a Provider of Choice search on our website at https://www.westfund.com.au/health-services/provider-of-choice/

Please get in touch via Private Message if you need further information or any clarifications Susan, or feel free to call us on 1300 937 838. Have a wonderful afternoon and weekend.

Can i claim on medication i take?

Bill asked on Sep 18, 2017

Hi Bill.

Westfund does have a Prescriptions, Vaccinations and Injection benefit on most of our Extras covers and combined Hospital and Extras covers.

Depending on your level of cover, you may be able to make a claim per prescription for the amount that exceeds the standard PBS co-payment. There’s more information about the Prescriptions, Vaccinations and Injections benefit in the Policy Summaries, which can be found on our website – go to https://www.westfund.com.au/health-plans/, choose your level of cover and plan and click on the “Download Policy Summary” link under the main page heading.

Alternatively, if you’d like further clarification on this or need to enquire about a specific medication, please call us on 1300 937 838 or email [email protected]

hi, what age are children covered till?

julie asked on Jul 28, 2017

Hi Julie,
Good question. Children are covered until 21 on our family covers. If they're studying they can stay on your cover until 25. If they are not studying you can join an extended family cover and they can remain until 25. Please send us a message with your details if you would like a consultant to call you to talk about this. Thank you for the question, Julie!

See all 7 questions about Westfund Health Insurance