Filter By:

I've been with Westfund for 13 years now and am very happy with their service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

My Westfund membership has provided me with the most affordable dental and optical care. Their administrative and specialist personnel are professional and friendly in their approach, and make their clients feel well treated and respected.

I Am Staying With Westfund!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

I have been a member for quite some years, on each occasion I have had contact with the staff I have found them to be most friendly and very helpful. I would recommend Westfund to anyone wishing to change funds. Beryl c

Townsville, Queensland

Love westfund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

The team make setting up your new policies easy and painless. I have been with westfund well over 10 years now and have always had great value for money and caring service from any team member I have spoken with.

Best Health Fund EVER!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

We are long-term members and have been very well looked after. Great staff providing excellent service and Westfund have stood by us through good times and bad. THANKS WESTFUND we appreciate your support.

Satisfaction review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

We have been members for over 40 years and have been very satisfied with this service. From discussions we have with friends, we believe that Westfund is the best health insurance on the market. Terry and Marie

20yrs and no signs of changing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

We've been members of westfund for over 20 years. Every few years, I do a comparison to see what's out there and I'm always pleasantly surprised to find that Westfund is still my best option. My kids are now grown up and my youngest has just joined westfund herself, also after looking at other health fund providers! Customer support has always been great. My husband has had some unexpected and high risk complications with long hospital stays and westfund helped me through the claims easily. Also their dental and optical centre in Lithgow provides huge savings in utilising their services.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Lynn, Thank you for your wonderful review. We are honoured both yourself and your daughter have chosen us as your health insurer as we pride ourselves on our customer service and are run to benefit our members. We hope you have a great day.

Adelaide

Westfund Health Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Westfund Health Insurance gives good value for money.
Their consultants/employees are very friendly,courteous and professional.
I would thoroughly recommend Westfund.
It was extremely to set up cover over the phone-it was all completed within minutes.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you for your recommendation and 5 star review, Jack. We strive to give our members great customer service at every point. Have a great day.

Thank you for your response.

Honest customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

Have had only positive interaction with staff handling my membership (joined in July this year). Maroochydore office called me to advise I had not been given the correct refund for my dental treatment and they would organise with my dentist to rectify the error.
Can't believe it!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

We are as excited as you are with your service, Rose! As a not-for-profit we are here for our members benefit and strive for excellent customer service. Thank you for the 5 star review.

tambar springs

very helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

i fine westfund very helpful you can talk to them without being on hold i have not made a claim as yet but i trust them as they contact me to find out how things are going more them other health fund dont care as long they get there money

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you for the review, Brett. We love that you trust us as we pride ourselves on customer service and being open and honest. Have a wonderful day :)

not very often I need hospital treatment but it is nice to now that you have cover

Surpurb Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2017

I utilise my policy well and suits my requirements.
I would prefer to get full refunds till limit reached for physio massage etc
Mudgee stuff community minded and are So Helpful and efficient

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thanks for the accolades! We pride ourselves on customer service and love being a part of the Mudgee community.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Worst customer service experience in my life.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

I've been a life long member of Westfund. On two occasions now I have been humiliated and made feel like I am trying to rort the system by a staff member at your Bathurst office. On both occasions after some convincing this staff member has called headoffice for approval and my claims have been processes but not without having to negotiate with the team member's condescending attitude. I have always found Westfund satisfactory but this experience is has left me feeling that it is time to take my families health insurance elsewhere.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Renelle, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the level of service you experienced at our Bathurst Care Centre. It's not the level of service we normally provide to our members ... read more »

Thank you for your prompt follow up and phone call, I have always had excellent service from all other team members, and was prepared to put the poor service from this particular team member down t... read more »

BANYO

• 2 helpful votes

Very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

Have been with other funds but was referred to Westfund a few of years ago. They have saved me a lot of money and the service is always very good. Also after a few years they share dividends with members. 10/10 Westfund

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hello Barbara, thank you for the 5-star review. We appreciate your feedback as we put a lot of effort in to making sure we are run to benefit our members. Have a wonderful day, Barbara. We think you're a 10/10 too!

Insurance claim made

Best health fund I’ve ever dealt with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Good value policy. Great customer support.
Easy to claim online with great phone backup. Every interaction has been positive and respectful and I have felt genuine care and concern from them.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Possi, thank you for your 5 star review. We are happy that every interaction has been positive, and you feel we genuinely care because this is what we strive for. Thanks for being with us Possi, have a great day.

The best Health Insurance Cover around

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

I have now been a member of Westfund for two years. I have been very happy with the service, help and assistance that Westfund have given me. The various health fund talks we have attended have also been very helpful particularly the one we attended with the optometrist. There was information in that talk which was very enlightening and that we had not heard previously.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Elsie, thank you for your 5 star review. We are delighted that you have been particularly happy with the service and assistance you received and gained valuable information from our health talks... read more »

Excellent customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

It is always a pleasure to deal with Westfund. Customer service is excellent and you never have to wait on the phone for more than a couple of minutes. Online claiming is easy. Would definitely recommend Westfund for service and value.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi LAJ, Thank you for the 5 star review. It is our pleasure to help you with your health insurance needs, making for swift and helpful service. We appreciate the review as we take great care in our... read more »

monthly costs - items covered

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

. When I felt that part of the policy was no longer applicable, it was easily changed, with my particular needs taken into consideration. Staff were very obliging &understanding of my needs.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Maureen, Happy you felt ease in being able to change your cover to suit your needs. Thank you for the review. We hope you have a wonderful day.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Very new member comments

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Late August 2017 I joined Westfund via Compare The Market website. The policy is good value saving me approximately $300 a year compared with my previous fund. Within a few days I received membership application documents partially completed ready for me to complete the remainder. However the documents were missing a couple of items as the items were numbered, items 6 and 7 were totally missing from the paperwork. I phoned Westfund Customer Service and the staff were helpful advising they would send out new paperwork with all items as the document they were viewing was complete. The new documents arrived and they too were missing items 6 and 7. Eventually I logged onto the members' portal at the Westfund site and found an unread message with the complete document. I downloaded it, printed it, completed filling out the rest of it and returned it to Westfund. In the meantime my bank account had been debited the first months premium. During the first week of September I made an "extras" online claim as my HICAPS members card had not yet arrived. As of Friday 15 September the rebate had not been credited to my bank account. I phoned Westfund and after a few minutes of investigation it was discovered that my rebate had been credited to the wrong account! Customer Service staff advised that it was a "typo error" on their part when they were setting up the direct credit part of my membership. It is now evening 19 September and the rebate has still not been credited to my bank account. Also my HICAPS member's card has still not arrived. "How satisfied are you with the provider's Customer Support?" The Customer Support staff have been friendly over the phone, but from my limited experience as a new member of Westfund I am not happy with the overall support I've received.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Phil. We apologise for the bad experience you had with Westfund as a new member. It's not the level of service we normally provide to our members and we sincerely apologise for the lack of se... read more »

I've just heard from Cassandra - the Call Centre Manager at Westfund. She was most helpful in resolving the above issues. The Extras rebate mentioned above was credited to my bank account late ev... read more »

Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thanks for letting us know Phil. We're so glad that we were able to allay any the concerns you had. Please don't hesitate to get in touch via Social Media or through our Call Centre if we can be of any further assistance. Have a wonderful day, Phil.

Best Health Fund ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Having recently been hospitalised for 2 weeks I was so happy that Westfund took care of all my costs. When I came home I had cause to make some enquiries so I phoned. The lady on the end was so very helpful and lovely to talk to. After a long association with Westfund I am so happy to be part of this wonderful group

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hello Dorothy.
Thank you for your review, and we hope you are recovering well after your stay in hospital. Please don't hesitate to call our friendly staff should you require any further assistance.

Dapto

EXtreemly Happy with Westfund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

My policy is great value & I am very very Happy with Westfund I have my sister now in Westfund. I have had numerous claim and been very happy with the rebates. Wendy Smith

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hello Wendy, it's great that your extended family trust in us. Don't forget we are only a phone call away if you ever need help. Thank you for the review, have a great day.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Appreciate the Wonderful service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

My wife and I have a long history of satisfied membership with Westfund and have always been impressed with the level of administrative service offered after hospitalisation - phone receptionists also have made a major contribution towards the satisfying view being formed and hope Westfund doesn't follow the offshore direction engaged by other organisations. We have always been treated as a real person - with care, respect AND UNDERSTANDING. We consider your customer support at present to be excellent and frequently recommend Westfund Health Insurance to family and friends.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Bob, Thank you for the 5-star review. We have no intention to send our Call Centre overseas as we will remain regional for our members. We appreciate the time you took to let us know about your ... read more »

1 of 5 pages

Hi, can you tell me if Westfund has a preferred optometrist in Perth please? I live on Christmas Island and only get to Perth once or twice a year. Thank you

Susan asked on Oct 10, 2017

Answer this

I suggest you contact Westfund directly. I don’t work for them, I’m just a customer who wrote a review and I live in Qld.

Hi Susan

Thanks for your question - Westfund doesn't have preferred optometrists at this point in time. If you have Extras cover or combined Hospital and Extras cover, you're able to claim up to your benefit amount (which varies depending on which policy you're on) at any optometrist you choose. There's more information about benefit limits on our website at https://www.westfund.com.au/health-plans/

We do have a Dental Provider of Choice in Perth. If you're on any Extras only or Combined Hospital and Extras policy you're completely covered for selected preventative dental services, including check-ups, scales, cleans, x-ray, mouth guard and fluoride treatments at any Westfund Dental Provider of Choice Network dentist, up to your annual limit (waiting periods may apply). We have a Provider of Choice search on our website at https://www.westfund.com.au/health-services/provider-of-choice/

Please get in touch via Private Message if you need further information or any clarifications Susan, or feel free to call us on 1300 937 838. Have a wonderful afternoon and weekend.

Can i claim on medication i take?

Bill asked on Sep 18, 2017

Hi Bill.

Westfund does have a Prescriptions, Vaccinations and Injection benefit on most of our Extras covers and combined Hospital and Extras covers.

Depending on your level of cover, you may be able to make a claim per prescription for the amount that exceeds the standard PBS co-payment. There’s more information about the Prescriptions, Vaccinations and Injections benefit in the Policy Summaries, which can be found on our website – go to https://www.westfund.com.au/health-plans/, choose your level of cover and plan and click on the “Download Policy Summary” link under the main page heading.

Alternatively, if you’d like further clarification on this or need to enquire about a specific medication, please call us on 1300 937 838 or email enquiries@westfund.com.au.

hi, what age are children covered till?

julie asked on Jul 28, 2017

Hi Julie,
Good question. Children are covered until 21 on our family covers. If they're studying they can stay on your cover until 25. If they are not studying you can join an extended family cover and they can remain until 25. Please send us a message with your details if you would like a consultant to call you to talk about this. Thank you for the question, Julie!

See all 6 questions about Westfund Health Insurance