Filter By:

Appreciate the Wonderful service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

My wife and I have a long history of satisfied membership with Westfund and have always been impressed with the level of administrative service offered after hospitalisation - phone receptionists also have made a major contribution towards the satisfying view being formed and hope Westfund doesn't follow the offshore direction engaged by other organisations. We have always been treated as a real person - with care, respect AND UNDERSTANDING. We consider your customer support at present to be excellent and frequently recommend Westfund Health Insurance to family and friends.

• 6 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great Value Health Fund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

I have had a health fund most of my life & decided to go shopping for better value. Happened upon WESTFUND & was impressed with value for money, customer support, & how effortless it was to join. I have GOLD 500 Health Insurance. Making a claim is easy 7 fast, Customer Support actually do their job very well. I claim on extras every week & get more back than I did with previous fund.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Gina,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are delighted that you are getting the most out of your private health insurance and enjoy our customer service. Have a great day, Gina.

Insurance claim made

Great support, delighted with bonuses

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

After 50 years with commercial health insurance, I am delighted with the personal touches I get from Westfund. I really appreciate getting advice of increased refunds, and love the bonus I received recently. And yesterday there was a problem with a claim from my podiatrist. A phone call to Westfund had that sorted out very quickly, very pleasantly, and the consultant I spoke to did all the work for me in organising paperwork from the podiatrist's office. It would have been a huge hassle with my previous insurer, but a pleasant experience with Westfund.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Ann,
Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on our customer service and appreciate the time you took to make this review. Have a wonderful day, Ann.

Verified Customer

Access to claims history

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

I wanted to know my history of recent hospital stays. I received the full 3-year history, in writing (email), including the dollar value of each refund. Exactly what I asked for. Thank you Westfund.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

We are happy you have had such a wonderful experience. We pride ourselves on our customer service. Thank you for your 5 star review. Have a great day.

Insurance claim made

Graet value, can not fault.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

Looking at overall cost / benefit analysis definitely best value fund around. Great support, local office for easy access. Tailored for maximum benefit to people living outside of capital cities.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Gav, We are delighted that you are happy with our fund, as a not-for-profit we try to give the most back to our members. Thank you for feedback and 5 star review. We hope you have a wonderful day, Gav.

Koumala

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Good value health fund

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

All health coverage is expensive, but member owned funds (like Westfund) reinvest the profits for the use of members,either better services or better benefits rather than in dividends to the share holders.
All our claims have been paid promptly and the staff have always been friendly and helpful.
Both optical and dental services have been looked after well and been of good value.
Thanks Westfund

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you, Frank, for such a wonderful review. We pride ourselves on being not-for-profit and looking after our members. We are happy you have had great experiences with our Eye and Dental Care Cen... read more »

Only the truth, no embellishments, the eye care stall at Mackay are excellent.

Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you, Frank. We will pass this on to Mackay and the Eye Care Executive Manager to let them know of their wonderful job.

Excellent support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Health Fund contributions are expensive no matter who you insure with so I look for good value & prompt service - Westfund delivers on all counts plus the staff are always friendly & co-operative. Been with Westfund since the Dubbo office opened (20 years ago?) and have appreciated the generous additional refund benefits that have often been extended to me for non-standard claims. As we age, knowing that we have good support for medical costs from Westfund is a very positive assurance for us.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you for your review, GCT. We also believe good value and prompt service is important as we operate to benefit our members. We appreciate the time you took to give us your lovely feedback and... read more »

Insurance claim made

Good fund just needs to review call centre

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

I hate talking to call centres and would like to be able to speak to someone at the branch . That is my only criticism of Westfund. I can't fault the treatment I received otherwise

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

HI Lyn, thank you for your review. We have 12 Care Centres across regional NSW & QLD including two locations in Mackay and Bathurst for those such as yourself who would rather talk with us in perso... read more »

Best Health Fund Out There!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

After Years of being a member I have never had a problem with Westfund (Apart from their stupid optometrist hours... seriously who stops seeing people just after 3o'clock!!! People work you know) Their staff are always friendly and helpful and their benefits are second to none!!!
Thanks Westfund!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi N.sizzle. Thank you for your feedback regarding the hours of our Eye Care centres. We will pass this on to our Executive Manager Eye Care. Have a wonderful day!

Go Westfund!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

It was very comforting to have the unfailing support of Westfund during my two shoulder replacements in 2013, and also during my husband's terminal illness over the past couple of years. Bills were paid promptly, no arguments, and your staff are always pleasant and efficient. Thankyou Westfund!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Carol, it is our pleasure to help you and your husband in your time of need. We hope you everything is well and don't forget we are only a phone call away. Enjoy your day Carol.

Insurance claim made

very happy satisfied customer!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

Can't fault this Health Fund....extremely happy with benefits, services & the amazing friendly & helpful staff !! I had been a member of West fund yrs. ago & let it lapse for financial reasons... I have recently rejoined & wouldn't have given any other Fund a 2nd thought! I am constantly recommending this fund to people I hear complaining about the Funds they are in ....explaining to them the benefits of Westfund and encouraging them to change over to Westfund ...... you definitely get a big thumbs up from me !! Very happy customer... a future PR officer...Ha Ha!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you for your review, Grace. We love that you are a great promoter of Westfund. We do have our Recommend a Friend promotions, learn more at www.westfund.com.au/offers. We hope you have a wonderful day Grace!

Insurance claim made

Satisfied Customer and Fund Member.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

My Policy is good value. The interaction with Westfund Staff is always friendly and helpful. I am very happy with the contributions to my recent dental bills. We all know how costly dentistry is!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Essie, Thank you for such a wonderful review. We do know how much-needed services can cost. That's why we have expanded our Dental Provider of Choice Network and introduced a no out-of-pocket fo... read more »

A Good Company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

I have been with Westfund for several months. Their premium was less than what I was paying with other Health fund, I get more back on my claims. The thoroughly recommend Westfund to anyone

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you for the 5 Star review, Tagger. We are happy that you love your claim rebates and would recommend us. Don't forget, we have a recommend a friend offer. Read more at www.westfund.com.au/offer. Enjoy your day!

I Love Westfund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

What a lovely bunch of people, its a pleasure to have such professional people looking after our health needs. My policy is perfect for my lifestyle. Comforting to know the cover exactly fits the bill

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you for the review, Mave. We are delighted that you enjoy our customer service and your cover as we genuinely care for our members. Have a wonderful afternoon!

Old fashioned great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Shutey, we are delighted that you enjoy our service to you and your family. We are devoted to our members as a not-for-profit regional health insurer and appreciate your recommendation and will ... read more »

Room for Improvement.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

I joined 20 years ago (family of 5) and our claims have been minimal. Insurance for us was mainly for the unexpected however to have family cover we need to be in 'Extended'. There are some things in Extended that we will just never use (as a family) and I think Westfund could reduce the premiums for some that don't need/want the Extras. A similar fund offers a 'Choice of Extras' where the member chooses four from a sub-grouping. What a great idea. Reduced rebate, higher Medicare levy etc.... Premiums need to come down.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Bob, Thank you for the feedback and review. As we genuinely care about our members and always listen, we would like to talk with you about this. We will send you a private message and if you wou... read more »

Insurance claim made

We consider it an essential as we are aging.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

We are very happy with Westfund. It is so reassuring to know we are being looked after when needed. Thank you Westfund. Will stay insured so long as we can afford to.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Curley, thank you for the lovely feedback. We are happy you're happy with our service to you and appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Have a wonderful evening!

Best value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Have had private health insurance for many many years, then making the change to Westfund a couple of years ago was a great move. Definitely value for money with the added extras I never received from other funds. Staff at Maroochydore office always helpful with providing excellent customer support.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you, Lynette, for a wonderful review. The staff at our Maroochydore Care Centre will be delighted to hear of your feedback as we will pass this on. Have a great evening!

Great Health Fund

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Changing to Westfund is the best thing we've done! Fantastic cover, I love the little extras like the general dental top up and the staff I've spoken to have all been so helpful and friendly. We've used both our hospital and extras cover without incident and I'm always very happy with the ease of claiming and the benefit amounts we receive. Couldn't be happier!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

We love that you are enjoying our service Tahnee and we appreciate the time you took to review us. Have a great day!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Keeps on changing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

I have to say that I am very disappointed with the way Westfund keeps taking things out of our policy, every year there is something else gone, but the rates keep going up! It is probably the same with other funds, but my concerns are with ours. I don't think we should lose services that were included when we joined, just to make us take out a higher level of cover.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Cinarm. Premium increases for all private health funds were approved by the health minister on April 1. We and all other health funds are required to justify these increases in order to get t... read more »

1 of 4 pages