Geraldton

• 3 questions
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: WSF6606W (White) Date Purchased: Oct 2018

My kitchen looks amazing with this dishwasher

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

This is the best dishwasher, I've ever owned , washers the dishers perfectly. Easy to use, very straight forward.
I'm very impressed with my purchase ,and as a bonus it makes my kitchen standout with all my other white appliances . It comes with not one but two utility baskets, Westinghouse even through in $100 worth of Finish products. I'm still waiting to receive them. Thank you Westinghouse

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

We are very happy with our new dishwasher. It is very quiet and efficient. I like having the 3 cutlery baskets and only using what I need, leaving space for other things. It is also handy being able to raise the top tray when I have tall things on the bottom tray. The angles of the top tray at one end are impractical and limiting, but otherwise it's easy to pack. It's also very easy to use, and cleans really well.

Perth

Verified Purchase Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

wash very well but I cannot fit in flat plates

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I found this dishwasher in the house I bought quite recently that was fully renovated. The dishwasher was purchased in August 2017. I was the only one that used it. The dishwasher cleans very well all the dirt from plates and also the plastic lunch boxes. I was very impressed about it. However I was very disappointed to discover that I cannot fit in normal flat plates (regular size). If placed vertically they collide with the rotating water jet. I have to lay them horizontally with less available space for anything else.

Toowoomba

• 7 helpful votes

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: May 2018

Never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

i bought this machine almost 6 months ago and it has never once given me a load that does not have at least 2, if not several items that are filthy. Ive had it checked by two different technicians who cant find anything wrong with it. One tried replacing the heat pump to see if that would help. It didnt. It frequently does not dissolve the tablets. When it does, the granulues stick to the insides of cups etc. It has never once cleaned a pot properly, no matter how much i pre-rinse. My husband and i jokingly refer to it a a dish wetter, as opposed to a dish washer because that is really all it does. I havent bothered to call the company, i know from experience that it is a waste of time that i dont have. My advice is DO NOT buy this brand. i have a westinghouse fridge that was made in Aus, it is over 15 years and has never missed a beat. I guess as the company went off shore, so did any semblance of quality.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Jac, Catherine from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the dishwasher . If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to c... read more »

Bundaberg

Verified Purchase Model: WSF6606W (White) Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Very convenient dishwasher

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Love our Westinghouse dishwasher. The different cycle options, including the quick cycle are so handy on busy days. The delayed start is great to ensure it cleans when I am out of the house. It is quiet while running. Occasionally it leaves the dishes still wet, and we have had it not drain like it was clogged, but this was resolved with an extra rinse cycle. The dishes are left clean and ready to eat off! This was installed with our new house build, and looks great in white.

Purchased at: Betta Home Living

Penrith

• 5 helpful votes

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Stopped working within months

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

This dishwasher was installed in my new home and stopped working within months. A technician came out and determined that the dishwasher would just be replaced but the time between it breaking and being replaced was two weeks. I'm glad that it was replaced however having to do extra washing up with a newborn is not something that was particularly easy

queensland

Verified Purchase Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Great Dishwasher

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

We are very satisfied after having our dishwasher just over a year, looks great and modern in our kitchen. I mostly use the eco setting which really saves on power. we always rinse dishes before putting them in so there is not too much grime building up int he dishwasher, I run a clean cycle through it now and then, never had any issues with it whatsoever

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Does the job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

This dishwasher does the job without a fuss. I do find it to be louder than our old Simpson dishwasher but it has plenty of room to fit dirty dishes. I also like all of the different settings you can use and the digital screen which shows the time remaining is terrific!

Sydney

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Washes very well and easy to operate

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

Great dishwasher washed dishes really well even on short cycles which is surprising. Previously had ASKO and this was horrible so very pleased that the Westinghouse at a fraction of the price does a better job. The only suggestion that would make this 5 star would be to put the buttons inside the door as this way kids can turn them off :)

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Love love love my new dishwasher

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

After never owning a dishwasher before the thing that drew me to it was its modern design & cutlery tray. Its also very roomy inside & you can fit a variety of large items in the bottom. I love how it has an ECO option which I always use. I love how I can pop all the dishes in & press 2 buttons & away I go to do more important things with my time. I don't know how I lived without a dishwasher for so long. Would highly recommend the trusted brand that has been around since I was a child.

kalannie

• 4 helpful votes

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

What a lemon :(

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

This dishwasher is a lemon. Everything comes out drenched & dirty. I don’t think it does a drying cycle at all? It constantly does a pump error and has done from the first week!!! Westinghouse couldn’t give a damn as their warranty does not cover someone who lives out of the metro area

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Dani, Julie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the dishwasher. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to conta... read more »

• 1 question
  • 19 helpful votes

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Feb 2014

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

We purchased the fridge as we wanted an Australian made fridge. Very early on the fridge mechanic said good luck with that fridge. They would fix things but not necessarily what we wanted.
Then we had a different fridge mechanic he did not fix anything. Eventually we complained and they took the fridge back.

Para Hills West

Model: WSF6606W (White) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Truly amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Now, I know "truly amazing" seems little excessive for a dishwasher review, but this thing really is.
We got used to having to manually pre-scrub some items like crock pots and garlic presses with their hard to reach areas.
Whilst waiting for this to arrive, I kinda let the pots pile up in the sink for a few days. I didn't want to mess around pre-scrubbing the stinky pots, so I loaded them in the dishwasher and thought I'd clean any missed bits later. No need. Every item is spotless and clean. A real first for no pre-scrub.
As for noise, this things is super quiet. I thought it was running and had to open the door to confirm! You can hear certain parts of the cycle, but in general it is silent.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Brisbane

• 1 review

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: May 2017

Absolutely awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

This is the crapiest dishwasher I have ever used. I don’t actually know why it’s called a “dishwasher” when it cannot even do the basic functions such as cleaning and drying properly. Isn’t that the reason why we purchase dishwashers..........?

This dishwasher has 6 washing functions: rinse, fast 30, eco, time save, heavy and intensive.
I have to select the intensive cycle (2hr 47min) for the dishwasher to make a half decent attempt at cleaning and drying. I have used liquids and powders from Finish and Fairy, as well as their rinse aid. I also use Finish dishwaher cleaner once a month to ensure everything is clean and functions properly. However, this doesn’t matter because it still cleans and dries crap.

Drying is so crap that I have to physically dry everything once the intensive cycle is complete.
Absolutely shocking, I will never ever buy Westinghouse again and will warn as much people as I can.

I feel too ashamed giving it to someone else, because it doesn’t belong in anyone’s house. It belongs on the dump.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Dear Gina, this is Zaida of Electrolux. I'm sorry to hear your WSF6606X dishwasher is not washing to standard and would appreciate the opportunity to assist. Would you mind emailing us at customerc... read more »

Just a follow up on the review. Westinghouse/Electrolux sent a technician to investigate the issue. No fault messages were displayed and nothing obvious was wrong. The technician replaced the motor... read more »

Tweed Heads NSW

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: WSF6606W (White) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Replacing a 14-year-old Westinghouse Dishwasher

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Purchased the Westinghouse WSF6606W dishwasher to replace my 14-year-old Westinghouse (because of uneconomic repair costs for thermostat problems), for free-standing, under-bench installation.

Have the following observations:
The unit is (literally) a fraction higher and wider than the earlier model;

It seems to hold more than the earlier model (presumably because of a more efficient interior layout);

Am still trying to work out how to stack saucers, bread-and-butter plates, dessert bowls and the like on the top rack (with "Instruction Manual" being of little assistance in this regard);

The wire prongs on the racks of the new dishwasher are more rigid and seem to be less "bendy" than the old racks - with the former being a good thing;

I also note that the new model allows for the relatively easy removal of its spray arms (for the removal of food scraps blocking the spray holes - a feature surprisingly missing from the earlier model, which in fact cautioned against removing the top spray arm);

The new model is quite quiet - I feel it is marginally quieter than its already-fairly-quiet earlier model;

A word of caution - the waste water hose is a little shorter than the older model (or is connected to the machine where it doesn't have the same reach as the older model's - short by maybe 10cm or so for me. This necessitates the purchase of an extension ($48-odd for a genuine Westinghouse extension hose), with the smallest extension length being one metre, resulting in the best part of a metre of looped excess hose, cluttering adjacent cupboard space;

As a matter of interest, after coming up with a shortlist of either a Westinghouse or similarly priced Bosch dishwashers as a replacement for my old dishwasher, I asked my appliance-repair man who I have used over the years, for his comment. He advised that in his experience, parts for "European" kitchen appliances were often dearer and sometimes harder to source than "Australian" appliances. And yes, I am aware the Westinghouse dishwasher is manufactured or assembled in Turkey (as are at least some of the Bosch models and presumably other brands if not manufactured in China, Mexico, or wherever). He advised repair costs can be dearer as in the case of Bosch, where authorised Bosch repair people had to be used (presumably limiting your repair options); and

Also as a matter of interest, Harvey Norman Tweed Heads South price-matched the best price I could find (including delivery and removal) on-line, bettering their own then-current floor price by over $100.

Overall, so far am happy with the new dishwasher and I can only hope it will give me as good service as its predecessor. Time will tell.

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: May 2018

Perfect experience so far...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

This is our first dishwasher. Very impressed with it's results. It is very quiet and energy efficient. One thing I like most it's inside body is stainless steel which is durable and hygienic. I will recommend this to anyone looking for a great kitchen mate. Price is quiet reasonable compare to other brands.

Nambour

Verified Purchase Model: WSF6606W (White) Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Great dishwasher, works really well!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

Purchased in Nov 2014 and haven't had a drop of trouble. My wife and I love this machine because it cleans everything really well. The rack adjustment makes for plenty of scope and the layout is simple but effective. We particularly like the available programs as we mostly use the "Time Save" setting which completes the wash in just 52 minutes. So much faster than the previous dishwasher we had. Also very quiet.

Purchased at: Bi-Rite Electrical

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Don't use other liquids in this machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Don't use other brand liquids in this dishwasher as we stuffed it up and had to return it under warranty but they tried to say it was the washing soap we used that damages the unit. We have the replacement and now using the brand bars it says is required

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Brisbane

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Amazingggggg

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

It's quiet and dishes are sparkling everytime and they smell great as well hahaha love how the blade is spinning and is so so so so so quiet then automatically locks itself so the kids don't open it what an awesome creation yous have made here awsome lucky you aye

Sydney

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Westinghouse dish washer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

It is very clean and dry to the plate and glasses. Quit quient during washing, have intensive clean function so that I don't worry about the cleaniness . Price is reasonable. It is also saved a lot of water and the machine actually could hold a lot of dishes including fork , knife and spoon

1 of 13 pages