Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Love love love my new dishwasher

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

After never owning a dishwasher before the thing that drew me to it was its modern design & cutlery tray. Its also very roomy inside & you can fit a variety of large items in the bottom. I love how it has an ECO option which I always use. I love how I can pop all the dishes in & press 2 buttons & away I go to do more important things with my time. I don't know how I lived without a dishwasher for so long. Would highly recommend the trusted brand that has been around since I was a child.

kalannie

• 3 helpful votes

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

What a lemon :(

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

This dishwasher is a lemon. Everything comes out drenched & dirty. I don’t think it does a drying cycle at all? It constantly does a pump error and has done from the first week!!! Westinghouse couldn’t give a damn as their warranty does not cover someone who lives out of the metro area

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Dani, Julie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the dishwasher. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to conta... read more »

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

This dishwasher is such a time saver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Before owning the Westing House dishwasher i had to manually do the dirty plates and cutlery which took a good hour for me to do because of a large famaly but having this dishwasher has actually saved me time haveing only to place the dishes inside and set later once it's full is a great thing and saved loads on time and the plates come out better than having washed myself

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Model: WSF6606W (White) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great inventions

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Dishwasher is a great invention, its importance comparable to the washing machine, now our life is inseparable from the washing machine, I believe that in the near future, the dishwasher will be the same as washing machines, as the necessities of Life. The function and performance of this product I think is very good, usually I will wash the tableware first and then put into the dishwasher, very few clogging Situation.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 19 helpful votes

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Feb 2014

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

We purchased the fridge as we wanted an Australian made fridge. Very early on the fridge mechanic said good luck with that fridge. They would fix things but not necessarily what we wanted.
Then we had a different fridge mechanic he did not fix anything. Eventually we complained and they took the fridge back.

Para Hills West

Model: WSF6606W (White) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Truly amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Now, I know "truly amazing" seems little excessive for a dishwasher review, but this thing really is.
We got used to having to manually pre-scrub some items like crock pots and garlic presses with their hard to reach areas.
Whilst waiting for this to arrive, I kinda let the pots pile up in the sink for a few days. I didn't want to mess around pre-scrubbing the stinky pots, so I loaded them in the dishwasher and thought I'd clean any missed bits later. No need. Every item is spotless and clean. A real first for no pre-scrub.
As for noise, this things is super quiet. I thought it was running and had to open the door to confirm! You can hear certain parts of the cycle, but in general it is silent.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: May 2017

Absolutely awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

This is the crapiest dishwasher I have ever used. I don’t actually know why it’s called a “dishwasher” when it cannot even do the basic functions such as cleaning and drying properly. Isn’t that the reason why we purchase dishwashers..........?

This dishwasher has 6 washing functions: rinse, fast 30, eco, time save, heavy and intensive.
I have to select the intensive cycle (2hr 47min) for the dishwasher to make a half decent attempt at cleaning and drying. I have used liquids and powders from Finish and Fairy, as well as their rinse aid. I also use Finish dishwaher cleaner once a month to ensure everything is clean and functions properly. However, this doesn’t matter because it still cleans and dries crap.

Drying is so crap that I have to physically dry everything once the intensive cycle is complete.
Absolutely shocking, I will never ever buy Westinghouse again and will warn as much people as I can.

I feel too ashamed giving it to someone else, because it doesn’t belong in anyone’s house. It belongs on the dump.

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Dear Gina, this is Zaida of Electrolux. I'm sorry to hear your WSF6606X dishwasher is not washing to standard and would appreciate the opportunity to assist. Would you mind emailing us at customerc... read more »

Tweed Heads NSW

• 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: WSF6606W (White) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Replacing a 14-year-old Westinghouse Dishwasher

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Purchased the Westinghouse WSF6606W dishwasher to replace my 14-year-old Westinghouse (because of uneconomic repair costs for thermostat problems), for free-standing, under-bench installation.

Have the following observations:
The unit is (literally) a fraction higher and wider than the earlier model;

It seems to hold more than the earlier model (presumably because of a more efficient interior layout);

Am still trying to work out how to stack saucers, bread-and-butter plates, dessert bowls and the like on the top rack (with "Instruction Manual" being of little assistance in this regard);

The wire prongs on the racks of the new dishwasher are more rigid and seem to be less "bendy" than the old racks - with the former being a good thing;

I also note that the new model allows for the relatively easy removal of its spray arms (for the removal of food scraps blocking the spray holes - a feature surprisingly missing from the earlier model, which in fact cautioned against removing the top spray arm);

The new model is quite quiet - I feel it is marginally quieter than its already-fairly-quiet earlier model;

A word of caution - the waste water hose is a little shorter than the older model (or is connected to the machine where it doesn't have the same reach as the older model's - short by maybe 10cm or so for me. This necessitates the purchase of an extension ($48-odd for a genuine Westinghouse extension hose), with the smallest extension length being one metre, resulting in the best part of a metre of looped excess hose, cluttering adjacent cupboard space;

As a matter of interest, after coming up with a shortlist of either a Westinghouse or similarly priced Bosch dishwashers as a replacement for my old dishwasher, I asked my appliance-repair man who I have used over the years, for his comment. He advised that in his experience, parts for "European" kitchen appliances were often dearer and sometimes harder to source than "Australian" appliances. And yes, I am aware the Westinghouse dishwasher is manufactured or assembled in Turkey (as are at least some of the Bosch models and presumably other brands if not manufactured in China, Mexico, or wherever). He advised repair costs can be dearer as in the case of Bosch, where authorised Bosch repair people had to be used (presumably limiting your repair options); and

Also as a matter of interest, Harvey Norman Tweed Heads South price-matched the best price I could find (including delivery and removal) on-line, bettering their own then-current floor price by over $100.

Overall, so far am happy with the new dishwasher and I can only hope it will give me as good service as its predecessor. Time will tell.

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: May 2018

Perfect experience so far...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

This is our first dishwasher. Very impressed with it's results. It is very quiet and energy efficient. One thing I like most it's inside body is stainless steel which is durable and hygienic. I will recommend this to anyone looking for a great kitchen mate. Price is quiet reasonable compare to other brands.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Nambour

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Model: WSF6606W (White) Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Great dishwasher, works really well!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

Purchased in Nov 2014 and haven't had a drop of trouble. My wife and I love this machine because it cleans everything really well. The rack adjustment makes for plenty of scope and the layout is simple but effective. We particularly like the available programs as we mostly use the "Time Save" setting which completes the wash in just 52 minutes. So much faster than the previous dishwasher we had. Also very quiet.

Purchased at: Bi-Rite Electrical

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Don't use other liquids in this machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Don't use other brand liquids in this dishwasher as we stuffed it up and had to return it under warranty but they tried to say it was the washing soap we used that damages the unit. We have the replacement and now using the brand bars it says is required

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Brisbane

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Amazingggggg

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

It's quiet and dishes are sparkling everytime and they smell great as well hahaha love how the blade is spinning and is so so so so so quiet then automatically locks itself so the kids don't open it what an awesome creation yous have made here awsome lucky you aye

Sydney

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Westinghouse dish washer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

It is very clean and dry to the plate and glasses. Quit quient during washing, have intensive clean function so that I don't worry about the cleaniness . Price is reasonable. It is also saved a lot of water and the machine actually could hold a lot of dishes including fork , knife and spoon

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

This is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

This it’s perfect for anyone who not home a lot like me or you got a little time for yourself this is the one for you I’m in love with the features and quite it’s best option for anyone who need it I got this from Christmas party and wish you guy the best

Melbourne

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Quiet and well priced

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

I am extremely pleased with the value and effectiveness of this dishwasher. It is very quiet and always leaves my dishes squeaky clean. Also has an Eco cycle which saves energy and only takes 75 minutes. I recommend this brand to anyone, including restaurants and for private use because of its great value.

Patterson Lakes

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Good well priced product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Extremely pleased with our new dishwasher. Very quiet and cleans well. Has not skipped a beat yet. I installed it myself within 30mins and looks good in a modern kitchen. We compared several other big brands but this one was the most affordable with all the functions we needed. A +++

Cranbourne West

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: May 2018

Soooo Quiet!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

I love this dishwasher! I spent the first 2 days saying to my husband 'Do you hear that? No, you don't! Because it is so quiet!' It has a 30 minute cycle which I love. And also an Eco cycle which saves energy and Time-Saver cycle which is about 50 minutes.

It cleans beautifully but we tend to rinse our dishes really well and use the 30 minute cycle. Even when the in-laws are visiting and put stuff in without rinsing, it still cleans well. Also I love that the top rack goes up and down so it fits my big plates in. It does seem really roomy, because the bottom is laid out well I guess.

• 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Garbage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

Was fine until 2.5 years in we get an F8 message - heating element failure. So now we have to spend upwards of $400 to get the thing fixed which is ridiculous considering it was $700 new so I may as well just buy a new one. Emailed Westinghouse, no response, no craps given. SO, so tired of paying good money for cheaply made garbage that needs to be repaired or replaced in a ridiculously short amount of time! NEVER AGAIN.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Keri, Tania from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse dishwasher. If you wish to discuss this further please feel ... read more »

Model: WSF6606W (White) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Excellent product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Washes my dishes so well and clean without producing any significant noise. What a great technology. I recommend this brand for everyone, including restaurants and for private use because of its energy efficiency and perfect washing ability. Although it's still relatively new in my possession, I believe it is very durable

Model: WSF6606X (Stainless) Date Purchased: May 2018

So far, so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Its early days yet as we have only had it a few weeks....

THE GOOD; Works well, much better than our last one. Quiet. The layout allows for much more dishes than our last machine, and the cups have enough lean to avoid the little water pond in the underside. Flexible wash options.

THE BAD; The racks seem a little tinny, however so far nothing has bent or broken.... The bottom rack likes to go off its runners... this can be annoying especially when its full of heavy dishes, but its not a deal breaker... The type of power plug sticks out a bit.... this means I had to modify things to get the dishwasher to sit nicely in its cubby under the counter.

CONCLUSION; Would I buy this dishwasher again? Yep, absolutely. For the machine and the price point I'm very happy so far.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes