truganina

Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Easy to use Oven!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

The design of the oven is simple and easy to use. The food was cooked well and i dont have to use the user manual as the knobs are user friendly. I am happy with what they have installed for my new home. I am excited to do my baking and cooking!

Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Worst oven I have ever had

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

From new it took a long time to get hot.
1 month in the fan started making a lot of noise. 3 months in the fan started binding and stop starting. New fan fitted lasted 6 more months, another fan fitted, did the same thing 4 months later.

At the 1 year mark the oven element failed, replaced, one month after the frill element failed. Then 5 months later the oven elements failed again. The cost of repairs exceeds the price of the oven. Last week the ovens 4 fan gave up the ghost and this morning the grill element. Time to go oven shopping today, its dumpster feed. I will not be buying westinghouse or chef or electrolux all one company.

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Andy Shannan from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse oven. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customer... read more »

great oven until today

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

unfortunately the fan is making an awful rattling noise when i turn it on...its like a very noisy bell clanging sound...so i am hoping someone can tell me how to fix it?....the oven had been great for cooking etc, we have no complaints at all but we cant use it now without this awful noise...

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Davo, Shannan from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Shan... read more »

Queensland

• 2 answers

Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: May 2016

Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2018

Had high hopes for this oven as have several other Westinghouse products and are more than happy with them.
Unfortunately, this oven is not very good.

Within 2 weeks the fan started rattling so got a tech to fix it as it was a known issue.

Trying to cook roast potatoes for instance at 180 degrees C will take closer to 2 hours. Tested the temperature with a thermostat, it was out about 15 degrees C so always adjust for that.
Tried grilling chicken thighs which I normally do at full temp. (250+degrees C) took around 20 minutes, normally this would take only 5 minutes with any other oven.

Oven has many hot and cold spots.

Not happy Westinghouse, can't wait for it to break to justify buying a new oven.

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Honest Feedback, Shannan from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse WVE613S. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact... read more »

Perth

• 3 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Aug 2016

does what it is supposed to do

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

bought this to replace a chef oven that almost burnt the house when the fan stopped moving while preheating. this was on sale on harvey norman so we got it at a bargain. we are no chefs and we only require a basic oven for some roasting and baking. the wife immediately noticed that her cakes and bread are cooked a lot better and more evenly compared to the old oven and they all come out the way she expected them. i liked how it was easy to install and easy to use. i also like how the front panel and glass are still touchable despite the heat. the is a decent basic oven that will do the job

Baringa, QLD

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Cooks Awesome & Is Very Quiet!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Cooks Pizza like if it is from a pizza store.
Roasts Meat like it is from a restaurant.
Also cleaning it is a breeze so easy to take out the racks.
Functions are easy to use as well. Electrolux you have made me a happy customer.
I also like how the user manual gives you tips on how to cook in a new modern oven.

Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Stopped ignighting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

After 12 months timer stopped working properly. After 2 years 3months stopped igniting. Phoned Electrolux to be informed out of warranty. After googling This seams to be s common problem with this oven . Yet Samsung and LG cover faults after 3-4 years of ownership. Not impressed at all, At the moment I wouldn’t recommend Westinghouse to anyone. Most product are made to last 5 years. Will be looking at Ariston, LG, Samsung . As never had issue with good customer service.

Bendigo

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Disappointing 18 months old and the fan is playing up. It’s noisy and sounds like it’s hitting the m

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

Yes it cooks fine but disappointed with the fan stuffing up. Lucky I got the extended warranty and hope this job is covered by it. Really happy with the service I got when I contacted the Concierge at the good guys. The lady I spoke to explained there policy to me and did say if the service person can’t find a problem the would charge me a service fee. One thing I did do is videoed the oven in use with the noisy fan in action and emailed it to them with my reference number.

May 6th 2018 Update: Feedback

Happy with the way it cooks when it worked properly, but not happy with the element hitting the fan as for some reason it moves out of elingment and hits the fan and makes a horrible noise. This is when I have to remove the fan cover and adjust it

Knoxfield, VIC

• 6 answers
  • 87 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Cheap - got what we expected and paid for

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

We just wanted a cheap oven to use occasionally, and this did the job. The oven light failed within a day or two, and the glass bulb broke off in my hand as I tried to unscrew it, leaving an exposed filament and jagged glass on the stuck holder.

So I contacted the distributor - Electrolux, who informed me that normally light bulbs were considered as consumables and therefore not covered under warranty. But fortunately, they seemed to understand how ridiculous it would have been to enforce this policy with a dangerous broken bulb before the oven was actually even used, so they sent out a technician to replace it.

In checking it out, the technician also noticed some factory fluff behind the fan, which he admitted shouldn't have been there when I asked him.

Other than that experience, the oven has been working fine. By fine I mean doing the very basics ok. As another reviewer criticised, there are distinct uneven hot spots (and the manual hints at that) so you have to get used to which areas things may get under or overcooked a bit.

The only other "cons" with this cheap oven is that the mechanical timer is very inaccurate, we use it regularly but extremely touch and go for around 10 minutes, give or take a few minutes.

Also a small annoying lack of feature, probably purposely built-in to make it an entry level model is that there is no independent oven light switch. That means it will only, and always light up when it's cooking, and never when the cooking controls are off. The technician did warn us about that and suggest that the oven light may have a shorter life span than usual because of that.

One more limitation: with the timer, you can't use it simply as a reminder, as it will turn the oven off when it hits 0 and buzzes. Our old oven would just beep so we could use it as a reminder to check.

But, we didn't expect much more than that so we are satisfied with this. If you are expecting something nice or you really enjoy baking, you should not be considering this model.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Jul 2013

Can't stand it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

Worst oven I have ever used. I can't rely on it to cook/bake anything properly as the rear corners are hot spots & burn everything before the center is cooked. Door doesn't close properly so heat is lost from the front. Miss my 90cm stand alone oven. Can't wait to get rid of it!

Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Great value for money!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

i have used this oven for a few months now. It comes with an easy to instal instructions. Basic cleaning needed and looks great. The crime is also resistamt to fingerprints! So far it has cooked food beautifully! Even baking on a banana cake i made and on the roast i cooked!

Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Good oven - I think - but disappointing effort from Electrolux

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

My new oven wouldn't ignite automatically. An Electrolux service person argued that it was because we were on an off-grid solar system and that 'it would never ignite' because of something to do with the inverter, megahetrz and sine waves. I insisted on getting a new oven. Surprise, surprise - the new oven worked immediately. Turns out the original oven had a faulty wire. The new oven seems to be good, but I am hesitant to use Westinghouse again because of that service person trying to weasel out of their responsibility to provide me with an oven that worked. Thank goodness e&s trading backed me up.

Purchased at: e&s

Adelaide

• 3 helpful votes

Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Ok. Uneven heating. Fan rattling noise!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

We wanted a simple oven for the new kitchen
This one fits the bill; three knobs

It's ok; it doesn't heat evenly - a tray of chips will have this weird band going too right to bottom left of undercooked ones surrounded by a band of black burnt chips

The timer randomly stops spinning (and keeps the oven on). A tech was meant to come out to look at it but never showed. We don't use the timer so didn't chase it

But now after about 4 months the fan has started making the rattling noise

Regret this a bit now

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Solid oven at a reasonable price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

This oven stays hot and cooks fairly evenly. There is a decent amount of space to fit the two racks it comes with and the supplied oven tray is fairly sturdy, although it stains easily. My only gripe is the timer is analogue and therefore a bit fiddly to get a correct time or reset if you want to turn it off prematurely.

Great oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

We're enjoying having a new oven that heats up quickly and cooks food evenly/well.
I've only had one disappointing cooking experience, when I put sweet potato on the grill tray (top shelf) while it was on the 'oven' function. They didn't cook very well, but there was no way for the air to flow.
Very happy with the quality of this oven.

GOSFORD

Good looking oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I bought this oven (and Westinghouse microwave) when renovating the kitchen last year because it looked great and had a good name with good reviews.
The temperature is even and it cooks well - just a basic oven really with basic controls, which I prefer as less likely to break down.
The temperature does fluctuate a little too much (about 10 degrees) - so not really for the souffle makers.

good affordable oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Had it for about 4 months now, its the same oven as the more expensive models but without the digital display which you dont really need unless you need a clock. This oven cooks evenly, has a good seal on it and is easy to use. i would recommend it.

• 15 helpful votes

Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Good oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

Ours was a couple of years old already when we moved in. Works well, only fault would be the dials can get quite hot when the oven is on for awhile (slow cooking) or the heat is high (bread baking). Easy to clean. Good racks, easy to move and as smooth as i guess metal racks can be. Never used the fat roasting tray. Oven perfect size for 2 people, a little small for bigger cooks.

Sydney

Model: WVE613S Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Good Value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

The westinghouse oven is pretty good. It has many functional features, and is very well priced. The oven cooks lambs, roast quiet well but foods like pizza, fish fingers not so well. The words around the knobs have started to rub off after about 6 months. For the price this westinghouse is great purchase

Purchased at: Bing Lee

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melb

A good little oven

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

This oven cooks my food great and it looks even better in my brand new kitchen. It doesnt leave any dirty finger prints on the glass thanks to its finger print free feature and its sleek chrome finish. I woulf recommend getting this oven. Also affordable. Thanks guys good work!

Purchased at: Harvey Norman