Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Broke within months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Purchased in March 2018. The fan broke in July. So it only worked for a few months, and it was only used a dozen times or less in that period.

Tried contacted customer service via email and no response. Tried calling and you just stay on hold forever being told that all the customer support reps are busy. This has to be some breach of consumer law - not being able to contact Electrolux/Westinghouse to get this fixed.

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: WVE615W Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Great size

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I decided to get two Westinghouse ovens. Side by side. Better for cooking and electricity than one extra large oven. I love that the door comes off for easy cleaning. I love the amount of shelves inside and I can have aselerate griller to cook with. Always choose this brand.

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: May 2018

We love our new oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

We recently purchased this oven after being talked into it by the salesman (we were going to buy the Bosch). We are now so glad we did, the Westinghouse oven has been perfect so far. It roasts evenly, heats up quickly & is very quiet compared to our old oven (Andy brand).
We would highly recommend !!

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great oven, great price.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

It has all the functions necessary, and is very easy to use.
It heats up quickly and cooks your food evenly, what more do you need in an oven.
I love the double layer glass making it cool to touch and a bit less stressful with little hands around as well as the auto off when the timer goes.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Excellent value; simple to operate; exceeded expectations

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

As I write this we've been using the oven daily for 9 months. It's performed better than we expected. We've used it to bake cakes, muffins, pies, biscuits and scones; roast vegies (we don't eat meat); cook pizza and to prepare oven-baked frozen potato chips.
The temperature control seems accurate and consistent. We've had many satisfying results with cakes and puff-pastries, something the previous oven was never able to deliver. We were accustomed to frequently rotating the food during cooking/baking. This is not something we need to do as much.
Visibility really is superb: the bright interior light and the door's full-width glass panel make it easy to see the progress of cooking without the need to constantly open the door.
The double-glazed door design really does keep the exterior surface cool. It also has an unexpected drawback. It is all-too-easy for minor drips and dribbles from food prepared on the cooktop to find its way through the ventillation slots across the top edge of the door. This means that all four glass surfaces require cleaning. Fortunately the interior glass panel is easily removed to facillitate this.
Keeping the oven interior clean has proven easy. The fittings are easily removed and re-fitted. They comfortably fit in our dish washer.
Fan noise while the oven is in operation is acceptably low. I've never experienced my hair being blown around as observed by another reviewer.
Installation was simple. We had an electrician fit a cord to connect it to the existing under-bench 15A outlet. The oven is supplied with two plastic bushings and 3 pairs of screws of different sizes, shapes and threads. The sparky used the "silver" pan-head screws to secure the clamp on the electrical cable.
The installation guide suggests using the "long black screws" through the holes either side of the top of the door. These holes are counter-sunk and sit over 18mm timber. I used the short (15mm) countersunk timber screws in these locations. The longer (30mm) truss-head screws are combined with the plastic bushings and are intended to be driven vertically through holes in the lower door sill.
We chose this oven because it fit our budget (<$2k), was given a high score (84%) in last year's Choice survey and received more-or-less positive online reviews. The price we paid included delivery and disposal of the old oven. So far, we've had no regrets.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

BANGALOW

• 1 review

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Nov 2015

2 months over warranty door stops closing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2018

Has taken time for me to do this review something I never usually do. The oven door has just got to me now something so simple that failed within warranty that Westingouse don't want to know about because I called them 2 months aftet warranty period. I really feel the need to let other people know to not go down the same road with Westinghouse.

Oven had been great couldn't fault it when we used it, didn't really use it that often as we use the webber oven outside.
Then went to close the oven one day and there was an odd clunk sound, the door didn't shut properly I took a look couldn't see any obstructions. Then it got progressively worse so it basically hangs slightly open, light on all the time we have to put a broom against it now.

Phoned Westinghouse (Electrolux) and enquired into what could be done as it failed well within warranty but due to the little use, I never got around to calling them unfortunately until after the warranty period we were just on 2 months over the warranty when I called.

Electrolux told us we would have to pay $145 to get someone out to inspect then what ever parts labour on top of that.

This was there top of the range pyrolytic oven, we spent the extra money on which was installed in our new build.

For the door to fail to close within warranty is just unacceptable, cheap parts or a faulty product.

Electrolux didn't stand by there product one bit and offer to take a look for us, or state unusual for that to occur, especially within 24months and with such little usage. The door is a basic core component of an oven, nothing electrical, it really highlights the quality of the build.

We are just installing our kitchen in the granny flat we have built, let me tell you Westinghouse appliances will not be going in based on there customer service, their care factor and warranty of there products.

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Paul
Linda from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your oven
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda
Thanks,

Linda from Electrolux was fantastic in dealing with the issue. Got it all sorted. Technician came hinges needed replacing. He put new hinges on the door and it has never worked so well. I would say... read more »

Metford

Verified Purchase Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Great oven. Great cooking results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

We are very happy with the cooking results that you get from this oven. Everything has come out beautifully cooked.This oven looks good and modern and fits into our new kitchen perfectly. It has easy to remove shelving and fits various sizes of cooking dishes.This oven is also pretty easy to clean with being able to remove shelving sides.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

• 1 review

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Door exploded!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

After cooking and oven turned off, a period of around 10 minutes the door exploded and sent glass across my kitchen and the bench opposite the oven. Glad there was nobody in the kitchen. After further investigation it looks like this is happening to Westinghouse ovens a little too often. Contacting tomorrow in regards to warranty.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Ryan, Tania from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse oven WVE615S. If you wish to discuss this further please fee... read more »

Well Tanya. Sent you an email response and I haven’t heard from you. Crap service!!!!

• 1 question

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: May 2017

Oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

I am Very happy with the cooking results that you get from this oven. It is a very good looking appliance that fits into a modern kitchen. It has easy to remove shelfing to fit various sizes of cooking dishes etc. it is also easy to clean with being able to remove shelving sides etc

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Good till recently

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

Has been a good oven till recently. The fan started playing up making a grinding noise like others have said. Service Technician is coming to fix next week after I called and explained the issue said it is a 5 minute fix. So hopefully that fixes the issue and we can sell the house problem free

• 2 helpful votes

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Mar 2017

For a basic oven it works perfectly!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2018

This Westinghouse oven is very basic. It only has temperature control and timer. Both work perfectly. I haven't had any issues with this Westinghouse oven. Size of interior is perfect, and very easy to clean. Can barely hear that it is on when running which is a plus. Would recommend

Perth

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Not a good brand

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

I have found this oven to be not that good, the alarm is very quite and the door gets stuck sometimes, it was a cheaper oven and next time will spend a little more to get a better brand, best to go into a brick and morter shop if buying on line

melbourne

Model: WVE615W Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Fantastic

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Hi all. This oven came with me and my partners house andv land package and to date has ticked all the boxes. Cooks fantastic and easy to clean even after frying. Noise of oven is on the silent side and heating is extremely fast and reliable. Definitely would recommend for those you like a great oven.

Model: WVE615W Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Works perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Works well have not had a single issue with it as of yet. Many setting so you can cook everything exactly as you need the only hard thing i find is getting in to clean it but I've found that problem with every oven I've had so its not a huge issue.

Sydney

• 12 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Nice Entry Level Oven - Misses Some Basics

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

The interface and function is nice. The clock is easy to set which is important for some.

Baking is a little hit and miss - i have to often rotate the cake tin.

Cleaning isn't too bad yet the fittings and bracket seem flimsy and lightweight.

I'd recommend for the casual cook or the cheap renovation.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Model: WVE615W Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Good big oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Good big family size oven that we use every day. Touch screen controls that can be a little complicated if you don't understand it. Timer is a little confusing to get to work. But oven heats up quickly with fast heat up option. Easy to clean sides and grill. Would recommend

Perth

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Jul 2014

Westinghouse reliable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I recently installed the Westinghouse oven. It has great features like different modes of cooking and different settings which enables you select the appropriate cooking level for your food. I find the features like the timer and clock useful and work well. The non heat handle makes opening and closing the oven easy. It is spacious. A great oven

West Perth, WA

• 2 helpful votes

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: May 2017

Good product for those on a budget

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

I bought this oven a couple of months ago and am fairly happy with it. I should have done more research though as the functions aren’t as easy to use as some other ovens (such as the timer and the heat up screen so you can see how long it will take until the oven reaches the desired temp) but on the whole I’m happy with it and it heats up quickly. Would still recommend it to anyone on a budget. Food cooks evenly, the grill works perfectly.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Fan is an issue!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

Have had our oven installed and in use since June 2017 (just on 7 months) and about a month ago the fan began making a terrible noise. Like other reviews, mine too sounds like metal grinding on metal and it is also a very loud rattling noise. The fan noise does not seem to want to go away. Further, compared to my previous ovens, this one takes longer to warm up, to cook and to cool down! I'm one disappointed customer, particularly after reading similar concerns from others who have had the same issue within a similar time frame of use. I hope that Westinghouse fixes this issue moving forward for me, and from the production side of things so that future customers do not share our experience.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Daphne,
Rumana from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your WVE615S.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana.
Rumana

Fan has been replaced and issue resolved! A known problem according to the technician but an extremely quick fix...literally a 5 minute job to take the old out and replace with a new.

Verified Purchase Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Short term happiness

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Bought this Oven as a no frills solution for my mum in her mid 80s from Bing Lee back in July. She was absolutely rapped with it . Only 4 months in however and the fan has begun making a noise which she claims has increased in volume significantly since it began. Sounds like it is spinning against metal. Really disappointing as she had many issues with a more expensive brand oven over a number of years and we were hoping to have put that behind us.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Dash, Marina from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Marina. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with Westinghouse W... read more »

1 of 3 pages