Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Fantastic oven cooks evenly, heats quickly, seals perfectly .
No leaks just the cooling fan exhausts through the gap between the control panel and top of door so some may thinks it doesn't seal.
Can be wired to 15 amp or get a 15 amp plug fitted. Very good oven, beats any euro or other cheapie oven

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Basic and easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Had this product installed earlier 2018. Haven’t had an issue at all. Preheats quickly and cooks evenly. I don’t like that I can’t change the clock from 24 hr time to 12 hr time. I like that the oven switches off once the timer is finished as I can often be busy with kids.

South Ballina

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Very nice range at a good price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

The range is clean, unobtrusive and intuitive (I haven't had to crack the manual open yet). Having the knobs and display panel on the front of the range is new for me and I love it. I keep burning everything because I am so used to having an old ill-performing range. Now, food actually cooks in the time stated in my recipes. Excellent value.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Model: WVE615W Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Just amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

I am 100% satisfied with my purchase.
The features and the design suits our family and is big enough for a big family meal. Parties or any function you might have..
The food is cooked evenly and the roasts are to die for I have actually now changed my rangehood and cooktop to Westinghouse

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: May 2018

awesome oven love this

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

This oven cooks every think perfectly. Cakes come out perfectly soft and moist pizzas crispy the fingerprint less stainless steel is amazing I never have to clean the outside of it. the touch screen display an timer is extremely easy to use I would be lost without this oven and cooktop

Adelaide

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers

Verified Purchase Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Panel Gets extremely HOT

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

Haven't used it yet I am bit apprehensive to. When we heated oven up as per manual for first time, oven cooled down, door cooled but panel above is Extremely Hot. Is this normal? Should I report it and to who? I consider this to be very dangerous. I actually went for an oven with a door which does not get hot, didn't think to ask about panel above door!!

Victoria

• 3 answers

Verified Purchase Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Jul 2018

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Just updated my oven to a Westinghouse and it's a excellent oven. It's brightly lit and has a large capacity. It heats up beautifully and meals are delicious, cooks evenly. Very impressed with the purchase at a great price too. Would highly recommend this lovely Aussie made product over the expensive European brands any day.

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Broke within months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Purchased in March 2018. The fan broke in July. So it only worked for a few months, and it was only used a dozen times or less in that period.

Tried contacted customer service via email and no response. Tried calling and you just stay on hold forever being told that all the customer support reps are busy. This has to be some breach of consumer law - not being able to contact Electrolux/Westinghouse to get this fixed.

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: WVE615W Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Great size

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I decided to get two Westinghouse ovens. Side by side. Better for cooking and electricity than one extra large oven. I love that the door comes off for easy cleaning. I love the amount of shelves inside and I can have aselerate griller to cook with. Always choose this brand.

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: May 2018

We love our new oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

We recently purchased this oven after being talked into it by the salesman (we were going to buy the Bosch). We are now so glad we did, the Westinghouse oven has been perfect so far. It roasts evenly, heats up quickly & is very quiet compared to our old oven (Andy brand).
We would highly recommend !!

• 1 helpful vote

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great oven, great price.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

It has all the functions necessary, and is very easy to use.
It heats up quickly and cooks your food evenly, what more do you need in an oven.
I love the double layer glass making it cool to touch and a bit less stressful with little hands around as well as the auto off when the timer goes.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Excellent value; simple to operate; exceeded expectations

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

As I write this we've been using the oven daily for 9 months. It's performed better than we expected. We've used it to bake cakes, muffins, pies, biscuits and scones; roast vegies (we don't eat meat); cook pizza and to prepare oven-baked frozen potato chips.
The temperature control seems accurate and consistent. We've had many satisfying results with cakes and puff-pastries, something the previous oven was never able to deliver. We were accustomed to frequently rotating the food during cooking/baking. This is not something we need to do as much.
Visibility really is superb: the bright interior light and the door's full-width glass panel make it easy to see the progress of cooking without the need to constantly open the door.
The double-glazed door design really does keep the exterior surface cool. It also has an unexpected drawback. It is all-too-easy for minor drips and dribbles from food prepared on the cooktop to find its way through the ventillation slots across the top edge of the door. This means that all four glass surfaces require cleaning. Fortunately the interior glass panel is easily removed to facillitate this.
Keeping the oven interior clean has proven easy. The fittings are easily removed and re-fitted. They comfortably fit in our dish washer.
Fan noise while the oven is in operation is acceptably low. I've never experienced my hair being blown around as observed by another reviewer.
Installation was simple. We had an electrician fit a cord to connect it to the existing under-bench 15A outlet. The oven is supplied with two plastic bushings and 3 pairs of screws of different sizes, shapes and threads. The sparky used the "silver" pan-head screws to secure the clamp on the electrical cable.
The installation guide suggests using the "long black screws" through the holes either side of the top of the door. These holes are counter-sunk and sit over 18mm timber. I used the short (15mm) countersunk timber screws in these locations. The longer (30mm) truss-head screws are combined with the plastic bushings and are intended to be driven vertically through holes in the lower door sill.
We chose this oven because it fit our budget (<$2k), was given a high score (84%) in last year's Choice survey and received more-or-less positive online reviews. The price we paid included delivery and disposal of the old oven. So far, we've had no regrets.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

BANGALOW

• 2 comments

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Nov 2015

2 months over warranty door stops closing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2018

Has taken time for me to do this review something I never usually do. The oven door has just got to me now something so simple that failed within warranty that Westingouse don't want to know about because I called them 2 months aftet warranty period. I really feel the need to let other people know to not go down the same road with Westinghouse.

Oven had been great couldn't fault it when we used it, didn't really use it that often as we use the webber oven outside.
Then went to close the oven one day and there was an odd clunk sound, the door didn't shut properly I took a look couldn't see any obstructions. Then it got progressively worse so it basically hangs slightly open, light on all the time we have to put a broom against it now.

Phoned Westinghouse (Electrolux) and enquired into what could be done as it failed well within warranty but due to the little use, I never got around to calling them unfortunately until after the warranty period we were just on 2 months over the warranty when I called.

Electrolux told us we would have to pay $145 to get someone out to inspect then what ever parts labour on top of that.

This was there top of the range pyrolytic oven, we spent the extra money on which was installed in our new build.

For the door to fail to close within warranty is just unacceptable, cheap parts or a faulty product.

Electrolux didn't stand by there product one bit and offer to take a look for us, or state unusual for that to occur, especially within 24months and with such little usage. The door is a basic core component of an oven, nothing electrical, it really highlights the quality of the build.

We are just installing our kitchen in the granny flat we have built, let me tell you Westinghouse appliances will not be going in based on there customer service, their care factor and warranty of there products.

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Paul
Linda from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your oven
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda
Thanks,

Linda from Electrolux was fantastic in dealing with the issue. Got it all sorted. Technician came hinges needed replacing. He put new hinges on the door and it has never worked so well. I would say... read more »

Metford

Verified Purchase Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Great oven. Great cooking results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

We are very happy with the cooking results that you get from this oven. Everything has come out beautifully cooked.This oven looks good and modern and fits into our new kitchen perfectly. It has easy to remove shelving and fits various sizes of cooking dishes.This oven is also pretty easy to clean with being able to remove shelving sides.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Door exploded!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

After cooking and oven turned off, a period of around 10 minutes the door exploded and sent glass across my kitchen and the bench opposite the oven. Glad there was nobody in the kitchen. After further investigation it looks like this is happening to Westinghouse ovens a little too often. Contacting tomorrow in regards to warranty.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Ryan, Tania from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse oven WVE615S. If you wish to discuss this further please fee... read more »

Well Tanya. Sent you an email response and I haven’t heard from you. Crap service!!!!

• 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: May 2017

Oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

I am Very happy with the cooking results that you get from this oven. It is a very good looking appliance that fits into a modern kitchen. It has easy to remove shelfing to fit various sizes of cooking dishes etc. it is also easy to clean with being able to remove shelving sides etc

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Good till recently

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

Has been a good oven till recently. The fan started playing up making a grinding noise like others have said. Service Technician is coming to fix next week after I called and explained the issue said it is a 5 minute fix. So hopefully that fixes the issue and we can sell the house problem free

• 2 helpful votes

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Mar 2017

For a basic oven it works perfectly!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2018

This Westinghouse oven is very basic. It only has temperature control and timer. Both work perfectly. I haven't had any issues with this Westinghouse oven. Size of interior is perfect, and very easy to clean. Can barely hear that it is on when running which is a plus. Would recommend

Perth

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Not a good brand

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

I have found this oven to be not that good, the alarm is very quite and the door gets stuck sometimes, it was a cheaper oven and next time will spend a little more to get a better brand, best to go into a brick and morter shop if buying on line

melbourne

Model: WVE615W Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Fantastic

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Hi all. This oven came with me and my partners house andv land package and to date has ticked all the boxes. Cooks fantastic and easy to clean even after frying. Noise of oven is on the silent side and heating is extremely fast and reliable. Definitely would recommend for those you like a great oven.

1 of 3 pages

WVE615W

My oven was recently uninstalled and reinstalled due to renovations in my kitchen. Now I can’t figure out how to reset the clock ... model is WVE615W, help please I’m not good with electronics!

Ros asked on Aug 15, 2018

Answer this

Press 'Mode' until a clock face picture is flashing, then use '+ or -' buttons to set the time.

WVE615S

Just got a WVE615sh oven fitted and when we heated it the first time as instructions say, the panel where the light and switches are stayed extremely hot after turning oven off for over an hour. Is this normal?? No good having a cool door if the above part is HOT!!!

Lin asked on Aug 13, 2018

Answer this

Hi Lin ive tested my oven on max heat for 1/2 hour and the front panel did not heat up at all.

Hi Lin, I've just rechecked the front of my oven and yes it's hot to touch. It became hot once i turned it off. The knobs are still cool to touch. I think this is a normal part of the ovens operation. Perhaps contact Westinghouse if your still concerned.

Many thanks. Contacted retailer who contacted rep for Westinghouse who said she had heard of this problem when you do the first heating to get rid of fumes. If I get same problem when cooking I have to let them know

WVE615S

Has anyone had a problem with the fan hitting the back fan cover and make an awful noise as it keeps hitting while rotating in the oven Westinghouse WVE615S?

Cowboy asked on Jun 05, 2018

Answer this

I haven't, but have only had it installed for a month or so. Hopefully it doesnt happen!

Hi Cowboy,
Leslie from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse WVE615S.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Leslie.
Thanks,
Leslie

Yes! I’m currently on hold to them now. Very frustrating and by the looks of it it happens all the time in this model

See all 9 questions about Westinghouse WVE615S / WVE615W

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Capacity 80L 80L
Type Single Single
Oven Fuel Electric Electric
Pyrolytic No No

The main difference between these models is appearance