West Perth, WA

• 2 helpful votes

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: May 2017

Good product for those on a budget

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

I bought this oven a couple of months ago and am fairly happy with it. I should have done more research though as the functions aren’t as easy to use as some other ovens (such as the timer and the heat up screen so you can see how long it will take until the oven reaches the desired temp) but on the whole I’m happy with it and it heats up quickly. Would still recommend it to anyone on a budget. Food cooks evenly, the grill works perfectly.

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Fan is an issue!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

Have had our oven installed and in use since June 2017 (just on 7 months) and about a month ago the fan began making a terrible noise. Like other reviews, mine too sounds like metal grinding on metal and it is also a very loud rattling noise. The fan noise does not seem to want to go away. Further, compared to my previous ovens, this one takes longer to warm up, to cook and to cool down! I'm one disappointed customer, particularly after reading similar concerns from others who have had the same issue within a similar time frame of use. I hope that Westinghouse fixes this issue moving forward for me, and from the production side of things so that future customers do not share our experience.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Daphne,
Rumana from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your WVE615S.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana.
Thanks,

Verified Purchase Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Short term happiness

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Bought this Oven as a no frills solution for my mum in her mid 80s from Bing Lee back in July. She was absolutely rapped with it . Only 4 months in however and the fan has begun making a noise which she claims has increased in volume significantly since it began. Sounds like it is spinning against metal. Really disappointing as she had many issues with a more expensive brand oven over a number of years and we were hoping to have put that behind us.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Dash, Marina from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Marina. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with Westinghouse W... read more »

ppruch@dodo.com.au

Verified Purchase Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Very disappointed with most features

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

We chose a Westinghouse as we have had fridges and washing machines over the past 49 years and been very pleased. Another reason we chose this oven was that is Australian made in S.A. Had it just a few months and cooked in it regularly. Burns food at the back of the oven, so it has to be turned during baking time. The flimsy oven tray has already begun to mark and rust. Some of the wire racks also have marked and rusted. Very disappointed in the oven. Very poor "cheap" quality. Expected better from Westinghouse.

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Good oven until fan stopped working.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

We purchased this oven 7 months ago and it worked fine until recently when the fan started making a loud noise like it was hitting against metal. The fan has now completely stopped working and from reading other reviews it seems like this model of oven is faulty and i would not recommend purchasing.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Kirra, Zaida from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your WVE615S and would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to dis... read more »

• 2 comments

Model: WVE615W Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Lovely Oven - Till now! The fan makes a noise!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

Purchased this oven at Masters in Oct 2016. Up till now, it has performed excellently, especially the fan forced aspect of its cooking as it heated the oven space up very quickly. However, now the fan is making an intermittent metallic "pinging" sound as it knocks on something while spinning. Sometimes it only happens after cooking starts which means that the timer start is not useful when no-one is around to check.
Unfortunately, with Masters no more, the warranty is questionable.
If you buy one, be prepared for this fault, as I see that others have had this problem too.

Purchased at: Masters Home Improvement

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Graham,
Rumana from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your oven fan.
Thanks,
Rumana

Will do. It does need repair.

Wonderfully, speedily and cheerfully repaired. Anyone who has this problem, contact Electrolux. It is a design fault.

Alex hills

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Really nice oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2017

This oven is very very easy to use, it has a quick heat up time and love the bottom browning feature..
It is one of the better ovens I've had for cooking cakes scones pies etc and is relatively easy to clean. The automatic off feature is really handy and so simple to use
Just love this oven

Fairfield

• 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Good Cheap oven but nothing fancy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

It cooks and it looks good in the kitchen. The door gets steamy when it cooks though and you cannot see inside. I have not seen other ovens do this so not sure why or if it is faulty but I just put up with it. It is in a rental property that really need a whole new oven otherwise i would have bought something better but I am happy given the price

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Terrible, replaced with another and doing the same thing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

The oven is great and cooks fantastically. However, soon as after purchasing this oven the fan started making a very loud noise as if it was hitting metal. The oven was repaired four times as Electrolux explained that if It could be fixed they would do that rather than replacing it. After it had been repaired four times Electrolux finally decided to replace the oven. (Thanks to Harvey Norman). Long story short, it got replaced with the same model a couple of months ago and NOW my new replacement oven is doing the same thing. I will be ringing Electrolux and telling them to take the oven out and give me a full refund as this is not acceptable.

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Blair, Jenny from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Jenny... read more »

Victoria Point, Queensland, Australia

• 3 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: May 2017

very pleased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

purchased this oven also payed for runners and roasting tray. very pleased with every thing about this oven. easy clean. well designed oven. grill is very good too. the stainless outside and glass is very easy clean too.
I have found just wiping with damp cloth while still warm from use . keeps every thing shiny and clean. using this oven is easy to read and set up.

Newcastle, NSW

Verified Purchase Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Great oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Overall very happy with oven. Purchased this and other kitchen appliances following installation of new kitchen. Previous oven temperature fluctuated so great to have a working oven/kitchen.

Great for baked dinners which we have regularly. Only noticed last night that front of oven doesn't get much heat due to double insulation which is great with 3 young children.

At times can be difficult to clean, but for the most part easy to maintain.

Purchased at: Domayne

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Really happy with this stylish and roomy oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Decided on this model after lots of online research and noting that it's the largest volume oven in this size range. Simple to use, great functions and fairly even temperature throughout. Cleaning is easy using vinegar and baking soda, and I love the fact that you can grill, roast, bake, broil and toast enough for a large family in this space saving oven. Good value for money.

Model: WVE615W Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Best oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Love love love this oven! It looks stylish. Easy to clean. Is very roomy! It cooks evenly every time even with someone who even burns toast

Sydney

• 1 question

Model: WVE615W Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Perfect option at a low budget

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

The meals have always been cooked perfect and came out better.
The glass is double insulated, hence pretty safe with kids around!
Had one of the rods on the tray broke, called Customer service and they actioned it straight away.
For the looks and ease of operation, will surely recommend it.

• 2 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 17 helpful votes

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Awesome oven, shouldve got it earlier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Purchased for kitchen reno - upgraded from old electric stand alone oven/cooktop. Easy to use, instruction booklet was only needed for first couple of weeks. It has a delay cooking function which I wasnt sure I would use, how wrong am I!! Friday night put pizzas in when made up around, set end time & cook time, settle down watch footy and bingo - pizza ready and I dont miss any footy. Also, done it with roasts and casseroles.

Ettrick, NSW

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Wont maintain temperature faulty at install and no help.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

We bought the oven 2 years & 2 days ago, however it was installed only a couple of weeks ago. We tried to roast veggies in it a week ago (while still under warranty) & noticed it didn't get hot enough to roast. Tried again last night and same problem. Now with a thermometer inside we can see the temperature doesn't reach the setting. I suspect one of the two temperature switches shown on the wiring diagram (120C and 190C) is faulty. I spoke to an Electrolux representative on the phone, who said they have no technical department I can discuss this with, and no hint of honouring their 2 year manufacturers warranty. Not at all impressed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi James, Catherine from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Oven. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contac... read more »

Oven has been fixed. It was supplied (manufactured) with an incorrect temperature sensor at the back of the oven. Should have been 190C, but was only 120C. Seems to be working properly now. Tha... read more »

Adelaide

• 4 answers

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Great oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

I recently got this oven it looks modern and I like all the features it has although gas ovens are better I find it still does a good job I especially like self cleaning and the stainless steel look
the griller is fantastic on it
And the setting to keep your food warm
I highly recomend this oven

mannum

Model: WVE615W Date Purchased: Jan 2017

another dis-satisfied customer regarding th eWVE 615 oven.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2017

Purchased stove late January tried many times to do roast potatoes no success even after par boiled and 1hr 30mins later at various temps still not browned or cooked. Costly in electricity due to non cooking,thought Australian made would be top rate how wrong can you be, so so disappointed. Are we now stuck with a lemon? my last stove still cooked and operated at much better temps even though it was 16 years old.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Mau, Kathy from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your oven. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with Westinghouse oven I... read more »

The problem with the oven has been resolved it was due to a fan that was not working. if this happens for safety reasons it will only allow the oven to heat to a certain temperature that is why I c... read more »

Model: WVE615S Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Think I've bought a lemon!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

Purchased the wve615 couple of weeks ago. Only used it twice due to the warm weather but both times big fail. It takes ages to reach temperature and twice as long to cook as my old simpson oven. This just isnt acceptable - should not have wait 2 hours for vegies and a chicken pie!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Sue,
Rumana from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised.

Canberra

• 1 question

DO NOT BUY THIS OVEN - THERE NEEDS TO BE RATING LOWER THAN TERRIBLE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

I just purchased the Westinghouse WVE615S electric oven . The amount of air blowing out of the top above the handle is ridiculous. Even standing 1 foot back from the oven it blows your hair all over the place. This CANNOT be normal. how are you supposed to open the door? Very disappointed - I will be taking this much further. Please explain ASAP. I have already been in contact with consumer affairs and the issue has been logged as urgent due to dangerous heat from the oven. I haver reported this issue to the Electrolux centre. I expect a response immediately.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Meg, Catherine from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Oven. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to dis... read more »

1 of 2 pages