Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Best Xmas pork crackling ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I had this double oven installed on Christmas Eve ....just in time for the biggest test of the year....Christmas family dinner ! I WAS NOT DISSAPOINTED. I was able to roast ham and pork simultaneously and the crispiest roast potatoes my family have ever had. I love the clean finish in the interior and the grill unit in the bottom oven and this oven is so efficient and easy to clean. I did hours of shopping around for the best product at the best price and I think I really found it. The biggest compliment was about the pork crackling....there are often arguments about the crispness....but no more! I have a renewed interest in baking again thanks to my Westinghouse.

Lindfield

• 11 helpful votes

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: May 2017

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

This oven cooked meals evenly. Great size , two layers for family entertaining . We don't use grill as much so we preferred to buy this oven. I can bake main dish on top and biscuits on bottom part at the same time. Highly recommended. Nice Stainless finish ,easy to clean.

Does not cook evenly

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

I have had this oven for about 16 months and from the start have had trouble cooking food evenly. I bake biscuits, they brown on the bottom and are still pale on top. Same thing with sausage rolls they brown on bottom and top is still white some on the edge of the tray may start to get a bit of color. Same when i cook a roast or a lasagna takes forever to cook. Already had thermostat replaced was better for a few months, now it is happening again. Also don't like the fact that you can't turn the oven light on and the gap between the two panels of glass is difficult to clean.

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Unlucky,
Rumana from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your WVE626S.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana.
Thanks,
Rumana

Brisbane

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

Making a roast and Yorkshire puddings is awesome now that I have the use of 2 ovens!

I primarily use the bottom one as it is a single layer and in theory wouldn't take as long to heat up. Can also use the second part for grilling (but I don't traditionally grill things so can't comment on that side of things)

Things are cooking perfectly

The only thing to consider is we did need to get our circuit upgraded to allow for the 2 ovens to be used at the same time, otherwise a high chance of it tripping the circuit, which I didn't think of at the time of buying

Vic

• 2 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Model: WVE626W (White) Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Good but need to clean a bit

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

It is good to use and clean but beause it is white so you need to clean a lot of the time. Also you have to clean with soft cloth as you dont want to see it scratch the white color.

The functions are good and easy to use. Not hard to firgure out how to turn on and off.. but the ink on the knobs are slightly faded off

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

cooking time

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

the food is not cooking in prescribed time taking double the amount of time
tried different functions with no pleasing result
just to cook a roast chicken not sure which function and not browning
The instruction manual is very vague and should give a more defined description on what setting to use when cooking various foods

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Good oven...but

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2017

So far so good with this oven. Just bought and got installed a week ago. Upgraded from a 40 y/o St George. Very spacious inside and seems to provide even baking especially when using fan forced. Pretty happy so far. However- bottom oven light stopped working suddenly? Don't know if I did something to the display buttons while messing around with the clock? Please help Westinghouse.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi RMazzy Jenny from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your WVE626S. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to dis... read more »

Easy Use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Had very expensive ovens in the past - all good. This was installed as a replacement kitchen reno and is just fantastic. The operation is easy and the room for cooking is great. Being by a Pyro oven the cleaning is a breeze. Grille and oven combo is so good for light grilling but heating at the same time.

Adelaide

• 4 helpful votes

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Plastic toy - not an oven

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

Purchased one for my mother who has has countless issues with the fan not working but worse the door collapsed with the inner glass shattering. Poor design for people who use the oven a lot. It seems the inner glass is held in with about 0.5cm worth of plastic in a corner, as soon as it cracks the glass will fall out. Avoid this one so you don't get a $400 bill for a new door!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi UnhappyJ, Leslie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse WVE626S. If you wish to discuss this further please fee... read more »

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Great oven without the price tag!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

This oven heats up super quick and cooks evenly and perfectly, every time! The bottom oven works just as well as the top, only smaller. The timer features etc are simple to use also. The handles are sturdy and the outside of the glass doesn't get that too hot. Highly recommended.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Great Oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

Loving the double oven. Rapid heat is a great option it's so quick to heat up then turn to appropriate setting. Still playing around with the various settings. Have cooked cakes, roasts and pizzas. Have overcooked the cakes but I just have to get used to the oven then I will be sorted. Overall very pleased.

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Great double oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Excellent we thought when we purchased it, we matched everything in the Kitchen. Having the grill that doubles as a second oven was brilliant, however it does not have a removable oven door to help when cleaning, the pyrolytic cleaning option isn't all it is supposed to be and the bottom oven/grill smoke the stainless just above the grill door.

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Awesome oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

We purchased this Westinghouse oven after reviewing and shopping around for the best choice of double oven. Satff at the four different stores we went to all had positive things to say about this oven. The different features as well as the price and quality sold us on it. We haven't regretted it either. I can honestly say I've got my passion for cooking and baking back since purchasing this oven. Every dish I have made has come out perfectly cooked. It's so easy to operate and the quick cook option is perfect for making dinner after work. Its so handy being able to have two separate ovens going at once as well. I can bake dinner and a cake at the same time. As for cleaning the oven, it couldn't be easier. The glass panels slide out easily and can be wiped straight over. Im in love with this oven, its my new favorite toy. I would definitely recommend it.

Brisbane

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Great oven with dual cooking feature

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Purchased this oven to replace a broken oven/grill combo. Was looking at a standard oven grill combo to replace before we saw this. The double oven means we can be cooking at 2 different temps at same time and is actually really helpful. Oven has a variety of settings. Cleaning is easy as you can remove the door glass

Sydney

• 7 helpful votes

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Great Oven - and so easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2017

We were looking for an easy to use, locally made oven, & after 6mths use this one has been great! Everything we have cooked turned out fine, & we didnt even need to read the instructions! The second mini oven is so handy, especially with the included fan & griller.

• 1 helpful vote

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Love my new oven, didn't know how much better I would be able to cook!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

It steams roasts, cooks pizza bases and grills to perfection. I am a vegetarian, so having the new oven has inspired me to learn to cook meat for my family without worrying it will be dry. The timer is easy to use, the alarm is annoying but they always are, no real issues at all

Purchased at: Electricity Wizard

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Oven does not cook - Have to do everything on double time!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

Bought this Westinghouse oven from Appliance Online. This is the second oven they have sent me and am having the same problem. The food is not cooking in the prescribed time so everything has to be cooked for double the time to get anything cooked. What should cook in 20 minutes on fan bake, is actually taking 45min. The thermostat has been tested and they assure me it is working yet the problem still persists and it does not dawn on anyone ( At Electrolux) that there might be something else wrong with this oven after i have proven to the last Tech guy that came around that the food is still half raw after being in oven for prescribed time and temperature. Two ovens of the same make with the same defect?? Would not recommend this oven to anyone.

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Ros, Leslie from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse WVE626S. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at custom... read more »

Second oven now returned to appliancesonline and refund requested. Lesson learned that some times buying cheaper is not worth the time you spend sorting out defective appliances. Rather buy local a... read more »

Bell Park

• 4 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jun 2016

The benefit of two ovens but without losing all your kitchen space

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2016

This is a great oven. So much that two of my sisters have replaced their old ovens with this model. The top oven is big and deep and easily handles thee trays at the same time without heat variance. The pizza option works brilliantly with a pizza stone. The quick heat function is a God send when you come home from work and need to get dinner on the table and defrost is also nice. Where this oven really excels is the second half size oven! This beauty can be set at a different temp to cook dessert whilst the dinner is in the big oven, which is awesome. It has two shelves which is plenty of space and can be used as a grill. I got the telescopic runners to add to the versatility which includes cat liners to make cleaning easier. This oven is 600 wide and 890 high which means it fits perfectly in an oven tower with one drawer underneath and the microwave above at a height that normal people can Reach!! There really is nothing that beats this in the market. Super happy with my purchase.

Purchased at: e&s

Port Adelaide

• 9 helpful votes

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Faulty inner glass door design

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

Cooking wise this oven is ok however the build quality lets it down. Inner glass has fallen inside the oven, could not work out why any oven would do that then I had a look and the frame that holds the inner glass is plastic! Definitely not good when you cook at 250 Degrees to make bread! Now I am up for about $400 for a whole new door and the new door will do the same thing again. If you do a fair bit of cooking this isn't for you.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Debz Lynette from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse WVE626S . If you wish to discuss this further please feel f... read more »

MELBOURNE

• 6 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 36 helpful votes

Model: WVE626S (Stainless) Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Plastic Cracked

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

Purchased one for my mum who had the same design oven from 10 years ago. The build quality is not even close. Plastic door frame has cracked. Grill door frame has also cracked. Oven shelves bend so easily when something heavy is on them. This oven is not good for anyone who cooks a lot.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Jebz, Lynette from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the WVE626S. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contac... read more »

1 of 2 pages