Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Exploding glass on Westinghouse oven!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

The glass on our oven has just spontaneously exploded - it's a mere 4 years old but of course out of warranty. This is not good enough. It seems to be a very common problem and I'm very unhappy. We've recently undertaken other extremely costly repairs, after it kept cutting out while cooking. Very unhappy!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Carolyn Linda from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the oven door. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to cont... read more »

While Westinghouse was brilliant initially, sending someone out the next working day, the oven is still not fixed, with the glass on back order! We have not had a working oven now for 8 days and st... read more »

Wollongong/Perth

Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Another case of Exploding glass! (WVE916SA)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

Like some other comments this oven was installed in a newly built house as part of the build contract by Redink homes and the Tenant moved in Dec 2014. A few days ago the glass exploded and now Westinghouse have said that they will not fix it as its out of warranty. Clearly looking at these comments there is an issue with this model and the glass.

Under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), automatic consumer guarantees apply and the ACCC website states that these consumer guarantees apply regardless of any warranties and apply for a reasonable time depending on the nature of the goods or services. Essentially this means that the consumer guarantees may continue to apply after the time period for the warranty has expired.

Surely an oven is expected to last longer than 2 years and surely its expected to be of high enough quality such that it doesn't have safety issues like exploding glass?

Hopefully someone can assist in resolving this issue.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Bruno, Leslie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse WVE916SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel f... read more »

Hi Leslie, Thank you for your comment. I have sent an email but are yet to receive a reply. Could you please follow this up.

Yanchep

Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Nov 2015

WESTINGHOUSE WVE916SA - Exploding glass

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

This oven was installed in a newly built house as part of the build contract - moved in Dec 2015. Before tonight I would have given it a 4 - 5 star as I loved my oven, and it still looked like new. But the glass all of a sudden exploded while there was a joint roasting in the oven at 180C. It was such a shock, but I'm just thankful that no-one was hurt. Not really sure where to go from here to be honest - I will have to get in touch with Westinghouse and will be sure to report back.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi MalSannie, Leslie from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention ... read more »

Thanks..... our builder RedInk was on it straight away and got a response before I did from Westinghouse who fixed it for free about 2 weeks later.

WVE 615S Extremely poor product. Non existent customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2015

Can't agree more with all you have to say on this. I have had nothing but NON SERVICE from Electrolux. Oven replaced, but 2nd oven has same problem. Shelves sit scew in oven. Oven rails not level. Service man came twice and was extremely rude telling me he would contact the office about contining problem " at my own leisure"! I cantacted them again and client services supervisor booked a service call by " technical supervisor " . Serviceman didn't turn up! Complained again, but I'm still waiting from promised call back. Don't have anything to do with this company.

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Esther,

Leeanne from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux oven. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact Leeanne at customercare@electrolux.com.au
Leeanne

Rockingham

• 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Hardly used broke in less than 2 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2015

Would not recommend this oven, Just stopped working. Customer service ignored my email on their site and had to end up contacting them again. not even used 25 times I would say.
One day the word safe popped up in the display. I followed instructions from the manual re troubleshooting and pressing function button etc. Still wouldn't work.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Christine V, Rumana from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attentio... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Will never buy a Westinghouse 900 oven again Rubish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2014

Well where do i start, i bought the westinghouse 90cm oven and it was not cooking evenly and making loud noises. Got it replaced and again the second one had the same problem. Had 2 serviceman come out at seperate times telling us there is nothing wrong with it and preety much telling my wife she is making it all up. Only half of everything we were baking would be cooked, the other half still raw. We found that the service department was not at all helpful and at one time made my wife cry with them being so rude. Please do not buy this oven as we do not want anyone else going through the pain we are going through. Clearly there is a fault with these ovens which the company is denying.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Sam, Leeanne from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux appliance oven model WVE916SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to... read more »

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Terrible oven faults faults faults

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2014

Bought the oven for my new house and i love to cook. Have had nothing but problems:

1. Cooks unevenly alot; was told by servicemen i don't know how to cook and cakes need to be cooked at 180 not 200
2. Faulty fan replaced
3. Sensor is faulty. Still cooks unevenly fan still faulty; servicemen said its your fault you are not cooking right
4. Water leaks from the oven as the fan extracting doesnt work properly; was told by servicmen its my cooking and not the oven and that i shouldnt cook vegetables in the oven. Was told to stop slow roasting my meat with a lid and cook it faster at higher temperature with no water for less time
5. Fire alarm goes off when i open oven door because of the amount of steam in the oven; was told by servicemen stop putting water in your food and it is normal all ovens do that
6. Burn/scortch marks on my kitchen from the heating elements; i was told by service men it is normal and all ovens do that people dont normally notice im being picky.
7. Fan extractor is noisy and rattles; was told by servicemen there is nothing wrong all fans make noise and you get what you pay for if you want better spend ten thousand dollars
8. Shelves were not welded together at edges the metal rows were hanging off frame
9. Shelves did not fit into oven at all
10. New shelves did not slide in or out smoothly had to be rammed in which makes cooking unsafe and frustrating
11. Oven replaced with new oven this oven which is faulty; after alot of problems and numerous complaints to service
12. One fan does not work it is faulty
13. Side plate that holds the shelves is chipped and protective paint is gone exposing bare metal which will rust
14. Extractor fan rattles extremely loud
15. Stainless steel door is bent and damaged
16. Had a serviceman walkout because i was being unreasonable and i didnt understand after i waited 1 week and all day literaaly for him to show up.
17. Still waiting for another replacement going into 3rd week.
Shocking iven shocking
18. Was told numerous times i cant get a replacement and cant get my money back.
19. Advised delivery centres of days im available and they attempt delivery on days im at work
20. Advised again availabilty and they again try to deliver on days im working. This has happened 5 times now.

Very frustrating and very disappointed and extremely annoyed.
At least [names removed] from the call centre are trying to be helpful. nothing i can say for all the others except terrible.
Wish i can get my money back!
Dont buy it.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Jetski, Maria M from Electrolux here. We would like the opportunity to look into the concerns you have raised regarding your Westinghouse WVE916sa oven and the delivery of the replacement. Can ... read more »

MariaM ive contacted your service centre today after no one bothered to call me back last friday about the delivery and again you are not able to deliver with stupid excuses. Im sick and tired of t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

No heat

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2013

Can't get any heat. Had nothing but problems since I got it home. Bad service. Trying to get it fixed after only having it 2 days, not happy. Would not buy another brand like this again, not like you get a great range of bigger ovens anyway and has cost me so much money remodelling my kitchen to fit an appliance that don't work.

+ Was bigger

- Don't work

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

We would like the opportunity to look into the concerns you have raised. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au? We look forward to hearing from you soon. ... read more »

Good luck with Electrolux customer care they see faults on their appliances as a way to make more money out of you, call out fee, parts and labour.

I agree I had issues with a vaccume cleaner I bought their customer service
Is a disgrace !

WVE916SA

Hi I have tried cleaning my oven with heating it to 250c in the manual it says to put it to 260 but I can't get it that high. I heated it for over an hour and I can't budge the grime on the bottom of oven. Can you recommend any tips or products I can use to clean it.? It is a WVE916SA. Regards Cheryl

Cheryl asked on Sep 16, 2017

Answer this

Is your oven pyrolytic??? as it will have two cleaning modes to choose from. You may have a different model to me. Unfortunately I can't be of any assistance and you may have to contact westing house support. Thanks

Cheryl
I know what you mean regardless of the features of this oven l still go back to basics and clean the way l have always done. I had the same problem so yes nothing worked so l just threw a heap of bicarb soda on bottom trays added some dishwashing liquid and covered with boiling hot water and let sit for 30-60 minutes. After used a soft scourer and good old elbow action to release as much as l could and with good results. Once dry, rubbing your hand over may still feel a bit rough but it's the surface lining that has come away which happened from the start for me so once cleaned if you get some scatchy bits just get a razor blade and slightly scrape for a smooth surface.Then line your bottom trays with foil and change when needed.
Yep l could say that was the hardest for me as well so good luck Cheryl hope this helps.

WVE916SA

Having issues with my oven it will not heat and lock mode keeps appearing? Please help

Keith asked on Jul 04, 2017

Hi my Westinghouse model wfe946sb the oven touch panel when turning off the oven after use it starts beeping going in and out of safe mode and sometimes turns the oven on and off it is only six months old. Any ideas?

Paul asked on Jun 01, 2017

Answer this

Still having problems would not recommend these ovens waste of money as you do not know if left unattended it would turn itself on very dangerous considering going to consumer affairs so they could warn others

See all 26 questions about Westinghouse WVE916SA / WVE916SB

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Type Compact Compact
Oven Fuel Electric Electric
Pyrolytic No No

* Discontinued

The main difference between these models is generation