Mandurah

Private message

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Really disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

Just moved in to a new build house. Used 2 of the hobs maybe three times each. Cleaned once with wet cloth and stainless steel wipe and hob all tarnished. Oven working ok and as a whole it looked great. Have never had a hob tarnish before. So disappointed with it.

Purchased at: Celebration Homes

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

EXPLODING GLASS

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2016

I bought this product Nov 2013 and have been cooking in it successfully until now. Just this morning when baking a loaf of bread at 200 deg, within 10mins of putting the tin in the oven, I heard an almighty explosion coming from my oven. I was standing in front of the door only a few seconds before. The inner glass door shattered completely into pieces and it also scattered glass onto the floor in front of the oven. Very dangerous to say the least. From reading other reviews it's obvious this has happened to other owners of this product. I do ask the question, does this fault have the potential to cause serious injury or fatality to a person? If I had a small child in the facinity of the oven when it exploded they could have quite easily been showered with glass. I had no choice but to shut the power off at the main power board in frear that the other door may explode too and have the potential to cause a fire or damage to other property. Has anyone experienced this issue and what was the outcome when you came to make a claim?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Cook, Leslie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse WVE916SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel f... read more »

Westinghouse Pyro clean - Very Disappointing Purchase

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2015

On the whole the oven cooks well although we do have an issue with the stove top BTU being not strong enough for cooking stir fry. Our major complaint is that we have had two issues with the oven in three years. It has been costly, we had to pay for 2 service calls plus a part on this last occasion totally nearly one third the cost of the oven new. Our last oven was a different brand and we had no need of a service call in over 10 years. Though the new part fitted today is guaranteed for 12 months, if there is a problem after 3 months we have to pay another $150 for a service call.
Despite extensive research prior to purchase, we feel very disappointed and would never recommend anyone buy this product. I won't consider purchasing any other Westinghouse products in the future.

Dissapointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2015

Most of the oven has been ok but my biggest problem is I can't use bake every time I do it smokes out the house it's horrible also the bulb has blowen and there difficult to find we have only had the oven maximum 18 months This is disappointing :(

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Funny Farm , Catherine from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux appliance. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact... read more »

WVE916SA

Hi I have tried cleaning my oven with heating it to 250c in the manual it says to put it to 260 but I can't get it that high. I heated it for over an hour and I can't budge the grime on the bottom of oven. Can you recommend any tips or products I can use to clean it.? It is a WVE916SA. Regards Cheryl

Cheryl asked on Sep 16, 2017

Answer this

Is your oven pyrolytic??? as it will have two cleaning modes to choose from. You may have a different model to me. Unfortunately I can't be of any assistance and you may have to contact westing house support. Thanks

Cheryl
I know what you mean regardless of the features of this oven l still go back to basics and clean the way l have always done. I had the same problem so yes nothing worked so l just threw a heap of bicarb soda on bottom trays added some dishwashing liquid and covered with boiling hot water and let sit for 30-60 minutes. After used a soft scourer and good old elbow action to release as much as l could and with good results. Once dry, rubbing your hand over may still feel a bit rough but it's the surface lining that has come away which happened from the start for me so once cleaned if you get some scatchy bits just get a razor blade and slightly scrape for a smooth surface.Then line your bottom trays with foil and change when needed.
Yep l could say that was the hardest for me as well so good luck Cheryl hope this helps.

WVE916SA

Having issues with my oven it will not heat and lock mode keeps appearing? Please help

Keith asked on Jul 04, 2017

Hi my Westinghouse model wfe946sb the oven touch panel when turning off the oven after use it starts beeping going in and out of safe mode and sometimes turns the oven on and off it is only six months old. Any ideas?

Paul asked on Jun 01, 2017

Answer this

Still having problems would not recommend these ovens waste of money as you do not know if left unattended it would turn itself on very dangerous considering going to consumer affairs so they could warn others

See all 26 questions about Westinghouse WVE916SA / WVE916SB

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Type Compact Compact
Oven Fuel Electric Electric
Pyrolytic No No

* Discontinued

The main difference between these models is generation