Melbourne

Private message

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Long Research But Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Ok, l have had my Westinghouse oven for 18 months+ now and l cook for four and myself, yes (5) plus extras everynight or quite often. I researched a lot of wall ovens and found the reviews and 'Choice' tests were spot on. I am a self confessed over researcher when it comes to products but that's my way and l'm sure a lot of you guys are the same.
Good points- Cooks well, MASSIVE space especially for a big family like mine, l got the 900 not the 600.
Bad points- Takes a long time to heat up even with the FHU (fast heat up) option and noisy and time consuming once turned off as well as taking a long long time to disengage once turned off. Seems a lot of heat disburses once turned off heating up the kitchen.
Overall this oven is spot on for space you will not find another on the market for the price that offers the same features, although lots on the market all the time. I wanted to wait a period of time before reviewing this appliance but l trust the Westinghouse brand and have had no problems thus far. Please note l have bought other product/ models ie:- ovens, washing machines, dishwashers etc over a 30 year period such as Miele, Smeg both quality at the time l purchase them. Also l have had my share of low grade appliances as well so don't think l have just invested in high priced items.
Overall, check out Westinghouse first and do your research. Good Luck

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Exploding Glass

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2014

We got this about 6 months ago as part of our new house and like others say it has been a joy to use. However today the inner glass just exploded when we were doing normal cooking with it. We suddenly are doubtful if this was a good choice to make. Especially if the glass would explored with a sizable bang so early into its life. We have kids around the house and now fear the day when both glasses will explored with the attendant danger of causing serious injury. We will test the service quality of westinghouse and see how they handle our case.

+ Big, attractive, stylish and a good performer so far.

- The inner glass just explored when we were doing normal cooking.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Mkhethwa2 Sylvia from Electrolux here. Electrolux will be able to assist you with this query. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Sylvia... read more »

I have Westinghouse bild in but im not sure if the light is ment to be always on when cooking

Westinghouse Official

Hi Jenny Jovan Marina from Electrolux here. Electrolux will be able to assist you with this query. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina... read more »

WVE916SA

Hi I have tried cleaning my oven with heating it to 250c in the manual it says to put it to 260 but I can't get it that high. I heated it for over an hour and I can't budge the grime on the bottom of oven. Can you recommend any tips or products I can use to clean it.? It is a WVE916SA. Regards Cheryl

Cheryl asked on Sep 16, 2017

Answer this

Is your oven pyrolytic??? as it will have two cleaning modes to choose from. You may have a different model to me. Unfortunately I can't be of any assistance and you may have to contact westing house support. Thanks

Cheryl
I know what you mean regardless of the features of this oven l still go back to basics and clean the way l have always done. I had the same problem so yes nothing worked so l just threw a heap of bicarb soda on bottom trays added some dishwashing liquid and covered with boiling hot water and let sit for 30-60 minutes. After used a soft scourer and good old elbow action to release as much as l could and with good results. Once dry, rubbing your hand over may still feel a bit rough but it's the surface lining that has come away which happened from the start for me so once cleaned if you get some scatchy bits just get a razor blade and slightly scrape for a smooth surface.Then line your bottom trays with foil and change when needed.
Yep l could say that was the hardest for me as well so good luck Cheryl hope this helps.

WVE916SA

Having issues with my oven it will not heat and lock mode keeps appearing? Please help

Keith asked on Jul 04, 2017

Hi my Westinghouse model wfe946sb the oven touch panel when turning off the oven after use it starts beeping going in and out of safe mode and sometimes turns the oven on and off it is only six months old. Any ideas?

Paul asked on Jun 01, 2017

Answer this

Still having problems would not recommend these ovens waste of money as you do not know if left unattended it would turn itself on very dangerous considering going to consumer affairs so they could warn others

See all 26 questions about Westinghouse WVE916SA / WVE916SB

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Type Compact Compact
Oven Fuel Electric Electric
Pyrolytic No No

* Discontinued

The main difference between these models is generation