Rockingham

• 1 question

Hardly used broke in less than 2 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2015

Would not recommend this oven, Just stopped working. Customer service ignored my email on their site and had to end up contacting them again. not even used 25 times I would say.
One day the word safe popped up in the display. I followed instructions from the manual re troubleshooting and pressing function button etc. Still wouldn't work.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Christine V, Rumana from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attentio... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Exploding Glass

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2014

We got this about 6 months ago as part of our new house and like others say it has been a joy to use. However today the inner glass just exploded when we were doing normal cooking with it. We suddenly are doubtful if this was a good choice to make. Especially if the glass would explored with a sizable bang so early into its life. We have kids around the house and now fear the day when both glasses will explored with the attendant danger of causing serious injury. We will test the service quality of westinghouse and see how they handle our case.

+ Big, attractive, stylish and a good performer so far.

- The inner glass just explored when we were doing normal cooking.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Mkhethwa2 Sylvia from Electrolux here. Electrolux will be able to assist you with this query. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Sylvia... read more »

I have Westinghouse bild in but im not sure if the light is ment to be always on when cooking

Westinghouse Official

Hi Jenny Jovan Marina from Electrolux here. Electrolux will be able to assist you with this query. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina... read more »

No heat

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2013

Can't get any heat. Had nothing but problems since I got it home. Bad service. Trying to get it fixed after only having it 2 days, not happy. Would not buy another brand like this again, not like you get a great range of bigger ovens anyway and has cost me so much money remodelling my kitchen to fit an appliance that don't work.

+ Was bigger

- Don't work

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

We would like the opportunity to look into the concerns you have raised. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au? We look forward to hearing from you soon. ... read more »

Good luck with Electrolux customer care they see faults on their appliances as a way to make more money out of you, call out fee, parts and labour.

I agree I had issues with a vaccume cleaner I bought their customer service
Is a disgrace !

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Terrible oven faults faults faults

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2014

Bought the oven for my new house and i love to cook. Have had nothing but problems:

1. Cooks unevenly alot; was told by servicemen i don't know how to cook and cakes need to be cooked at 180 not 200
2. Faulty fan replaced
3. Sensor is faulty. Still cooks unevenly fan still faulty; servicemen said its your fault you are not cooking right
4. Water leaks from the oven as the fan extracting doesnt work properly; was told by servicmen its my cooking and not the oven and that i shouldnt cook vegetables in the oven. Was told to stop slow roasting my meat with a lid and cook it faster at higher temperature with no water for less time
5. Fire alarm goes off when i open oven door because of the amount of steam in the oven; was told by servicemen stop putting water in your food and it is normal all ovens do that
6. Burn/scortch marks on my kitchen from the heating elements; i was told by service men it is normal and all ovens do that people dont normally notice im being picky.
7. Fan extractor is noisy and rattles; was told by servicemen there is nothing wrong all fans make noise and you get what you pay for if you want better spend ten thousand dollars
8. Shelves were not welded together at edges the metal rows were hanging off frame
9. Shelves did not fit into oven at all
10. New shelves did not slide in or out smoothly had to be rammed in which makes cooking unsafe and frustrating
11. Oven replaced with new oven this oven which is faulty; after alot of problems and numerous complaints to service
12. One fan does not work it is faulty
13. Side plate that holds the shelves is chipped and protective paint is gone exposing bare metal which will rust
14. Extractor fan rattles extremely loud
15. Stainless steel door is bent and damaged
16. Had a serviceman walkout because i was being unreasonable and i didnt understand after i waited 1 week and all day literaaly for him to show up.
17. Still waiting for another replacement going into 3rd week.
Shocking iven shocking
18. Was told numerous times i cant get a replacement and cant get my money back.
19. Advised delivery centres of days im available and they attempt delivery on days im at work
20. Advised again availabilty and they again try to deliver on days im working. This has happened 5 times now.

Very frustrating and very disappointed and extremely annoyed.
At least [names removed] from the call centre are trying to be helpful. nothing i can say for all the others except terrible.
Wish i can get my money back!
Dont buy it.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Jetski, Maria M from Electrolux here. We would like the opportunity to look into the concerns you have raised regarding your Westinghouse WVE916sa oven and the delivery of the replacement. Can ... read more »

MariaM ive contacted your service centre today after no one bothered to call me back last friday about the delivery and again you are not able to deliver with stupid excuses. Im sick and tired of t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Exploding glass on Westinghouse oven!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

The glass on our oven has just spontaneously exploded - it's a mere 4 years old but of course out of warranty. This is not good enough. It seems to be a very common problem and I'm very unhappy. We've recently undertaken other extremely costly repairs, after it kept cutting out while cooking. Very unhappy!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Carolyn Linda from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the oven door. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to cont... read more »

While Westinghouse was brilliant initially, sending someone out the next working day, the oven is still not fixed, with the glass on back order! We have not had a working oven now for 8 days and st... read more »

Wollongong/Perth

Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Another case of Exploding glass! (WVE916SA)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

Like some other comments this oven was installed in a newly built house as part of the build contract by Redink homes and the Tenant moved in Dec 2014. A few days ago the glass exploded and now Westinghouse have said that they will not fix it as its out of warranty. Clearly looking at these comments there is an issue with this model and the glass.

Under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), automatic consumer guarantees apply and the ACCC website states that these consumer guarantees apply regardless of any warranties and apply for a reasonable time depending on the nature of the goods or services. Essentially this means that the consumer guarantees may continue to apply after the time period for the warranty has expired.

Surely an oven is expected to last longer than 2 years and surely its expected to be of high enough quality such that it doesn't have safety issues like exploding glass?

Hopefully someone can assist in resolving this issue.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Bruno, Leslie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse WVE916SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel f... read more »

Hi Leslie, Thank you for your comment. I have sent an email but are yet to receive a reply. Could you please follow this up.

Yanchep

Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Nov 2015

WESTINGHOUSE WVE916SA - Exploding glass

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

This oven was installed in a newly built house as part of the build contract - moved in Dec 2015. Before tonight I would have given it a 4 - 5 star as I loved my oven, and it still looked like new. But the glass all of a sudden exploded while there was a joint roasting in the oven at 180C. It was such a shock, but I'm just thankful that no-one was hurt. Not really sure where to go from here to be honest - I will have to get in touch with Westinghouse and will be sure to report back.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi MalSannie, Leslie from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention ... read more »

Thanks..... our builder RedInk was on it straight away and got a response before I did from Westinghouse who fixed it for free about 2 weeks later.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

EXPLODING GLASS

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2016

I bought this product Nov 2013 and have been cooking in it successfully until now. Just this morning when baking a loaf of bread at 200 deg, within 10mins of putting the tin in the oven, I heard an almighty explosion coming from my oven. I was standing in front of the door only a few seconds before. The inner glass door shattered completely into pieces and it also scattered glass onto the floor in front of the oven. Very dangerous to say the least. From reading other reviews it's obvious this has happened to other owners of this product. I do ask the question, does this fault have the potential to cause serious injury or fatality to a person? If I had a small child in the facinity of the oven when it exploded they could have quite easily been showered with glass. I had no choice but to shut the power off at the main power board in frear that the other door may explode too and have the potential to cause a fire or damage to other property. Has anyone experienced this issue and what was the outcome when you came to make a claim?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Cook, Leslie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse WVE916SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel f... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Will never buy a Westinghouse 900 oven again Rubish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2014

Well where do i start, i bought the westinghouse 90cm oven and it was not cooking evenly and making loud noises. Got it replaced and again the second one had the same problem. Had 2 serviceman come out at seperate times telling us there is nothing wrong with it and preety much telling my wife she is making it all up. Only half of everything we were baking would be cooked, the other half still raw. We found that the service department was not at all helpful and at one time made my wife cry with them being so rude. Please do not buy this oven as we do not want anyone else going through the pain we are going through. Clearly there is a fault with these ovens which the company is denying.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Sam, Leeanne from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux appliance oven model WVE916SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to... read more »

Perth

• 4 comments
  • 17 helpful votes
Private message

Sturdy, big and does what it's supposed to do

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2013

As my title says! Very happy with this Westinghouse. Was initially worried about it as it wouldn't be my preferred brand of oven but we didn't want to upgrade on the builders choices. And so glad we didn't!! I am much happier with this one then my previous large - fancier brand oven.
Just one of the great points is the 'fast heat up' function. It really is fast :)
No hesitation in recommending this one at all.

- Nothing (although I wish a little genie would come after every use and wipe it clean for me)

sydney

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

HUGE oven with GREAT features - we LOVE IT!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2013

We bought this (very) large oven as part of a kitchen update (not a reno - new cooktop, oven and rangehood)... it is HUGE! Our family does a lot of cooking and this oven is amazing. It has great programs - we made home-made pizzas that cooked the tops and crisped the bases - pefect! Slow cooking is also easy - it has a stack of ready-to-use programs with different temps/heat sources for different cooking techniques - but these are all adustable and customisable as well - just tweak the temp or the time. Install is really only a bit fiddly - it is an extra half-cupboard wide. I did the cabinetry after the electrican installed it, and I'm no real DIY man! Has a lot of "gee that's a great idea" features... light on when cooking (don't open door), can remove door glass to clean, fits 2 grill trays (cook meat and fish seperate), very few controls but would be almost impossible for kids to put on (needs certain button presses), has fast heat-up option, catalytic cleaning and more... we are VERY HAPPY with this oven!

+ huge capacity, great and simple operation, stacks of other features

- nothing

Purchased at: Home Clearance

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Glass door explodeing glass everywhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2018

This oven should be recalled a very lot of Westinghouse oven glass doors explodeing we had kids and parents very close to the oven when it's glass door scattered everywhere this is a major problem as someone will be very badly hurt very soon why isn't this a product recall

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Mel, Leslie from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you have experienced a problem with your Westinghouse WVE916SB. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com... read more »

Adelaide, SA

• 75 helpful votes

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Door cracking and does not cook well, faulty clock

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I have had so many issues with this oven, it's built poorly, the door hinge has stretched and won't close correctly, had it repaired already twice. The door frame has cracked on use and the glass looks like it will fall through any minute. Clock timer has had problems with the touch control and does not work half the time. I have had 3 repairs and it can't get sorted out. I'm going to replace this asap because half the time I can't even get it to work.

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Antoco, Zaida from Electrolux here. Sorry to hear of the issues re your WVE916SB oven. Would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Could you please email us at customercare@elec... read more »

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Big siZe oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Big siZe oven so it's perfect when you have to cook more than 1 dish, down side u cannot turn one on only, has to turn on the whole both sides. Also when the power is off the fan is still going and if you leave the food in then it'll turn to hard

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Great oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

This was a replacement oven in my apartment for an old one. It is easy to use, fast baking, grill, safe to use. It is really easy to cook in it. I like the finishing of it, it looks neat on my kitchen. Easy to clean also and fast cools down. Happy with it!

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great oven and cooks food well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

This was quite expensive compared to the other ovens on sale. It is great quality and has lots of space. Great for baking lots of cakes. It cooks fast but well and the heating is even and well done. You get what you pay for and this oven is really good value for money if you cook a lot.

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: May 2017

Don't have any complaints

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I am particularly impressed with the fast heat up mode which I use all the time. The size is great so we can bake plenty at once. We actually bought two of the same one.

We have yet to use the self cleaning function yet. The glass insulates heat quite well as you can barely feel the heat from the glass

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 23 helpful votes

Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Pretty good oven but does have an issue.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

I have just the oven component of this in the electric version. We have no issues in cooking in it but we find that the electronics goes a bit silly when you open the oven that requires cooking at a high temperature even when you are just opening the oven to say put something else in that requires less time cooking.

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Extremely Well Designed and Huge Capacity

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

This oven (and its Electrolux cousin made in the same Australian factory) has the largest internal volume (125l) and width (750mm) capacity on the Australian market - and probably the world market. I checked at a large appliance store - Gaggenau, Miele, Smeg, Bosch and numerous others - and none of them come close. There was one Miele oven with a reasonably wide internal rack/shelf (700mm vs the Westinghouse 750mm), but its internal height was much lower, which is a real nuisance if you want to cook something high like meat/roast/turkey etc. with something else in the oven at the same time. And price - these European ovens range from 50% more to double to four or even five times the price of the local unit. And their spares and service - if you can get it for some European brands - are priced accordingly. My sparky hates fixing European ovens because their parts are so hard to obtain - and often super expensive - eg. Smeg gas cook top spark igniter $450, $600 fitted. You can buy a new cook top for that price.

The house I recently purchased was originally fitted with a 3 year old Italian brand 90cm wide (externally) oven - but its controls were on the side and its internal capacity was only 70 litres. I also needed a warming space for Christmas dinners etc., so I purchased two Westinghouse WVE916SAs and I am very happy with the results. I like baking bread, and with the new ovens I can easily cook full size (750mm long) baguettes and large loaves without any problems. Impossible with any other domestic oven.

This is a very well designed oven - it should be a candidate for an Australian Design award in my opinion. The cabinet airflow system works extremely well. It draws cool air in from a slot at the bottom and discharges the cabinet cooling air through a wide slot 115mm down from the top of the oven. The warm air discharge slot does not extend close to the edges of the metal oven cabinet in any direction. This means that the kitchen timber cabinetry - including the front decorative panels - never gets even warm. This is a sensitive issue with me as I had to replace a couple of vinyl wrap cabinet panels that had de-laminated around the edge by heat from the previous, less well designed, European oven. I have run the new oven up to 250 deg. C and felt the metal oven cabinet with my hands through a kitchen cupboard slot near the rear of the oven. It remains cucumber cool due to the wide tangential cabinet fan (yes, being an engineer, I was curious and removed the top panel from the oven - only a few screws - and looked inside it). Because of its large size and slow speed, this is the quietest oven cabinet fan I have heard. It is hard to understand the complaints of noise from some other reviewers - perhaps their fans had been damaged/stressed in transit and were rattling?

The dual oven cavity fans are also very large and slow revving - so they are very quiet as well. The cabinet fan remains running for a few minutes after the oven is turned off in order to keep the cabinet cool during the cool down cycle - this is normal for most modern ovens and this one sounds about as loud as my fridge - so I do not find it at all annoying - just a gentle low hum for a few minutes.

The controls are all electronic capacitive touch panel type (like a smart phone). The controls are very simple and intuitive and the mode button displays the various oven element and fan configurations via a small graphic for each mode as it is selected. I had it up and running with the clock set in 30 seconds after the power was first connected to the oven. An electronic clock start/stop timer is also provided as part of the panel.

The oven has 5 electric heating elements - top element, bottom element, two fan elements and grill element - all fully controllable by the touch panel. Mode 1 is the fast warm-up mode - which runs the fan elements and top elements together. Warm-up time was shorter than I expected for such a large oven. The display also tells you the current cavity temperature as the oven is warming up. A handy feature for bread baking is the very accurate temperature control and display. I can set any of the oven heat modes to 35 or 40 deg C and then I have an accurate temperature controlled proving cabinet for proving bread. Very handy compared to the rough, inaccurate, old electro-mechanical thermostats of the past that would not give such fine control for such low temperatures. It also has a food defrost (fan only?) mode that I have used for defrosting fish quickly. Much better than the microwave as it doesn't cook the edges of the fish as it defrosts it.

As far as general cooking of cakes, biscuits, meat, fish etc., the oven performs very well and cooks very evenly as expected due to the dual fans and fan elements I expect. Being a bread baker, I am very fussy about which element I have running at what time and whether I am exposing the bread to radiant heat or convection (fan element) heat. During bread/baguette baking, this can be critical. I use the "pizza" setting initially to create steam via the bottom element and baking trays with some water in them located at the bottom of the oven, with the two fan elements also running to keep the oven at a very hot 250 deg. C. After about 10 minutes the bread oven spring phase is over, so I change to the fan elements only to continue the bake and crisp up the crust.

The triple door glass is very easy to remove and clean via simple catches and completely cold during operation - so safe for the kids. The whole door can easily be removed if necessary via a couple of clips - which is standard for ovens these days. There is also a child lock on the control panel for the under bench situation.

My only "complaint" - it's more of a wish really - Westinghouse have a "steam assist" oven in the 60cm wide range, but no steam assist for the larger ovens. Steam assist would be handy for baking baguettes in the wide oven. "Proper" French baguette bakers use large commercial multi cavity "deck ovens" with steam injection to obtain the familiar crisp, shiny crust - not a real option for a domestic kitchen even if you could afford one. For now at least I will use the baking trays with some water in them and the bottom element heat source (pizza mode) as a steam generator.

Aesthetics - I like minimalist aesthetic design, so the very uncluttered and minimalist flat stainless panels, flat glass and controls very much suit my taste also. And it's easy to clean - yay.

Speaking of cleaning - the cavity fan surrounds have a "pyrolytic" coating and are therefore "self cleaning". The oven interior is just gloss ceramic enamel. However, I have had this oven cavity finish before and found it very easy to clean as long as I wipe it out a few times a year. So it is my preferred choice in any case.

Too much information? Sorry, but I am very impressed with this oven. I like to see a well designed product - especially if it's a local one. A lot of thought has gone into this design.

In summary, it's a great oven, huge capacity, very sophisticated engineering and aesthetic design, great value (low price) and made in Australia so that you can easily obtain spares if need be. And you can support what is left of Australian manufacturing industry.

No - I don't work for Westinghouse :)

Mandurah

• 3 comments

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Really disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

Just moved in to a new build house. Used 2 of the hobs maybe three times each. Cleaned once with wet cloth and stainless steel wipe and hob all tarnished. Oven working ok and as a whole it looked great. Have never had a hob tarnish before. So disappointed with it.

Purchased at: Celebration Homes