Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Exploding glass

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

3 year old oven and the inner glass door exploded with my 11 month old daughter nearby!!!

Have been on hold for 30mins with the customer service line. Is anyone going to answer ever?!?!?

Can I even use my oven? Is it safe? Perhaps I’ll get answers when someone answers the phone

• 2 helpful votes

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Glass door explodeing glass everywhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2018

This oven should be recalled a very lot of Westinghouse oven glass doors explodeing we had kids and parents very close to the oven when it's glass door scattered everywhere this is a major problem as someone will be very badly hurt very soon why isn't this a product recall

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Mel, Leslie from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you have experienced a problem with your Westinghouse WVE916SB. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com... read more »

Adelaide, SA

• 77 helpful votes

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Door cracking and does not cook well, faulty clock

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I have had so many issues with this oven, it's built poorly, the door hinge has stretched and won't close correctly, had it repaired already twice. The door frame has cracked on use and the glass looks like it will fall through any minute. Clock timer has had problems with the touch control and does not work half the time. I have had 3 repairs and it can't get sorted out. I'm going to replace this asap because half the time I can't even get it to work.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Antoco, Zaida from Electrolux here. Sorry to hear of the issues re your WVE916SB oven. Would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Could you please email us at customercare@elec... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Exploding glass on Westinghouse oven!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

The glass on our oven has just spontaneously exploded - it's a mere 4 years old but of course out of warranty. This is not good enough. It seems to be a very common problem and I'm very unhappy. We've recently undertaken other extremely costly repairs, after it kept cutting out while cooking. Very unhappy!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Carolyn Linda from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the oven door. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to cont... read more »

While Westinghouse was brilliant initially, sending someone out the next working day, the oven is still not fixed, with the glass on back order! We have not had a working oven now for 8 days and st... read more »

Wollongong/Perth

Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Another case of Exploding glass! (WVE916SA)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

Like some other comments this oven was installed in a newly built house as part of the build contract by Redink homes and the Tenant moved in Dec 2014. A few days ago the glass exploded and now Westinghouse have said that they will not fix it as its out of warranty. Clearly looking at these comments there is an issue with this model and the glass.

Under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), automatic consumer guarantees apply and the ACCC website states that these consumer guarantees apply regardless of any warranties and apply for a reasonable time depending on the nature of the goods or services. Essentially this means that the consumer guarantees may continue to apply after the time period for the warranty has expired.

Surely an oven is expected to last longer than 2 years and surely its expected to be of high enough quality such that it doesn't have safety issues like exploding glass?

Hopefully someone can assist in resolving this issue.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Bruno, Leslie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse WVE916SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel f... read more »

Hi Leslie, Thank you for your comment. I have sent an email but are yet to receive a reply. Could you please follow this up.

Yanchep

Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Nov 2015

WESTINGHOUSE WVE916SA - Exploding glass

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

This oven was installed in a newly built house as part of the build contract - moved in Dec 2015. Before tonight I would have given it a 4 - 5 star as I loved my oven, and it still looked like new. But the glass all of a sudden exploded while there was a joint roasting in the oven at 180C. It was such a shock, but I'm just thankful that no-one was hurt. Not really sure where to go from here to be honest - I will have to get in touch with Westinghouse and will be sure to report back.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi MalSannie, Leslie from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention ... read more »

Thanks..... our builder RedInk was on it straight away and got a response before I did from Westinghouse who fixed it for free about 2 weeks later.

WVE 615S Extremely poor product. Non existent customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2015

Can't agree more with all you have to say on this. I have had nothing but NON SERVICE from Electrolux. Oven replaced, but 2nd oven has same problem. Shelves sit scew in oven. Oven rails not level. Service man came twice and was extremely rude telling me he would contact the office about contining problem " at my own leisure"! I cantacted them again and client services supervisor booked a service call by " technical supervisor " . Serviceman didn't turn up! Complained again, but I'm still waiting from promised call back. Don't have anything to do with this company.

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Esther,

Leeanne from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux oven. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact Leeanne at customercare@electrolux.com.au
Leeanne

Rockingham

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

Hardly used broke in less than 2 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2015

Would not recommend this oven, Just stopped working. Customer service ignored my email on their site and had to end up contacting them again. not even used 25 times I would say.
One day the word safe popped up in the display. I followed instructions from the manual re troubleshooting and pressing function button etc. Still wouldn't work.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Christine V, Rumana from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attentio... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Will never buy a Westinghouse 900 oven again Rubish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2014

Well where do i start, i bought the westinghouse 90cm oven and it was not cooking evenly and making loud noises. Got it replaced and again the second one had the same problem. Had 2 serviceman come out at seperate times telling us there is nothing wrong with it and preety much telling my wife she is making it all up. Only half of everything we were baking would be cooked, the other half still raw. We found that the service department was not at all helpful and at one time made my wife cry with them being so rude. Please do not buy this oven as we do not want anyone else going through the pain we are going through. Clearly there is a fault with these ovens which the company is denying.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Sam, Leeanne from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux appliance oven model WVE916SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to... read more »

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Terrible oven faults faults faults

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2014

Bought the oven for my new house and i love to cook. Have had nothing but problems:

1. Cooks unevenly alot; was told by servicemen i don't know how to cook and cakes need to be cooked at 180 not 200
2. Faulty fan replaced
3. Sensor is faulty. Still cooks unevenly fan still faulty; servicemen said its your fault you are not cooking right
4. Water leaks from the oven as the fan extracting doesnt work properly; was told by servicmen its my cooking and not the oven and that i shouldnt cook vegetables in the oven. Was told to stop slow roasting my meat with a lid and cook it faster at higher temperature with no water for less time
5. Fire alarm goes off when i open oven door because of the amount of steam in the oven; was told by servicemen stop putting water in your food and it is normal all ovens do that
6. Burn/scortch marks on my kitchen from the heating elements; i was told by service men it is normal and all ovens do that people dont normally notice im being picky.
7. Fan extractor is noisy and rattles; was told by servicemen there is nothing wrong all fans make noise and you get what you pay for if you want better spend ten thousand dollars
8. Shelves were not welded together at edges the metal rows were hanging off frame
9. Shelves did not fit into oven at all
10. New shelves did not slide in or out smoothly had to be rammed in which makes cooking unsafe and frustrating
11. Oven replaced with new oven this oven which is faulty; after alot of problems and numerous complaints to service
12. One fan does not work it is faulty
13. Side plate that holds the shelves is chipped and protective paint is gone exposing bare metal which will rust
14. Extractor fan rattles extremely loud
15. Stainless steel door is bent and damaged
16. Had a serviceman walkout because i was being unreasonable and i didnt understand after i waited 1 week and all day literaaly for him to show up.
17. Still waiting for another replacement going into 3rd week.
Shocking iven shocking
18. Was told numerous times i cant get a replacement and cant get my money back.
19. Advised delivery centres of days im available and they attempt delivery on days im at work
20. Advised again availabilty and they again try to deliver on days im working. This has happened 5 times now.

Very frustrating and very disappointed and extremely annoyed.
At least [names removed] from the call centre are trying to be helpful. nothing i can say for all the others except terrible.
Wish i can get my money back!
Dont buy it.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Jetski, Maria M from Electrolux here. We would like the opportunity to look into the concerns you have raised regarding your Westinghouse WVE916sa oven and the delivery of the replacement. Can ... read more »

MariaM ive contacted your service centre today after no one bothered to call me back last friday about the delivery and again you are not able to deliver with stupid excuses. Im sick and tired of t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

No heat

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2013

Can't get any heat. Had nothing but problems since I got it home. Bad service. Trying to get it fixed after only having it 2 days, not happy. Would not buy another brand like this again, not like you get a great range of bigger ovens anyway and has cost me so much money remodelling my kitchen to fit an appliance that don't work.

+ Was bigger

- Don't work

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

We would like the opportunity to look into the concerns you have raised. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au? We look forward to hearing from you soon. ... read more »

Good luck with Electrolux customer care they see faults on their appliances as a way to make more money out of you, call out fee, parts and labour.

I agree I had issues with a vaccume cleaner I bought their customer service
Is a disgrace !

Mandurah

• 3 comments

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Really disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

Just moved in to a new build house. Used 2 of the hobs maybe three times each. Cleaned once with wet cloth and stainless steel wipe and hob all tarnished. Oven working ok and as a whole it looked great. Have never had a hob tarnish before. So disappointed with it.

Purchased at: Celebration Homes

EXPLODING GLASS

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2016

I bought this product Nov 2013 and have been cooking in it successfully until now. Just this morning when baking a loaf of bread at 200 deg, within 10mins of putting the tin in the oven, I heard an almighty explosion coming from my oven. I was standing in front of the door only a few seconds before. The inner glass door shattered completely into pieces and it also scattered glass onto the floor in front of the oven. Very dangerous to say the least. From reading other reviews it's obvious this has happened to other owners of this product. I do ask the question, does this fault have the potential to cause serious injury or fatality to a person? If I had a small child in the facinity of the oven when it exploded they could have quite easily been showered with glass. I had no choice but to shut the power off at the main power board in frear that the other door may explode too and have the potential to cause a fire or damage to other property. Has anyone experienced this issue and what was the outcome when you came to make a claim?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Cook, Leslie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse WVE916SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel f... read more »

Westinghouse Pyro clean - Very Disappointing Purchase

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2015

On the whole the oven cooks well although we do have an issue with the stove top BTU being not strong enough for cooking stir fry. Our major complaint is that we have had two issues with the oven in three years. It has been costly, we had to pay for 2 service calls plus a part on this last occasion totally nearly one third the cost of the oven new. Our last oven was a different brand and we had no need of a service call in over 10 years. Though the new part fitted today is guaranteed for 12 months, if there is a problem after 3 months we have to pay another $150 for a service call.
Despite extensive research prior to purchase, we feel very disappointed and would never recommend anyone buy this product. I won't consider purchasing any other Westinghouse products in the future.

Dissapointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2015

Most of the oven has been ok but my biggest problem is I can't use bake every time I do it smokes out the house it's horrible also the bulb has blowen and there difficult to find we have only had the oven maximum 18 months This is disappointing :(

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Funny Farm , Catherine from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux appliance. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 comments

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Takes ages to Heat up and Model is not Flush with the cabinet

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Takes ages for it to heat up. Light is off when the food is getting cooked. Over all its just an average owen. The front panel is not flush with the cabinet and it sticks out. Technician said it is the way they are designed. Westinghouse customer service is excellent.

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: May 2018

This is good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

I really love my new oven! I usually use the oven for a few dishes, it is helping me a lot in stead of cook just with the gas stove. It is very easy to open and clean as well, I use to check how is the food cooking time to time

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Great oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

This was a replacement oven in my apartment for an old one. It is easy to use, fast baking, grill, safe to use. It is really easy to cook in it. I like the finishing of it, it looks neat on my kitchen. Easy to clean also and fast cools down. Happy with it!

• 2 answers
  • 23 helpful votes

Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Pretty good oven but does have an issue.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

I have just the oven component of this in the electric version. We have no issues in cooking in it but we find that the electronics goes a bit silly when you open the oven that requires cooking at a high temperature even when you are just opening the oven to say put something else in that requires less time cooking.

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Long Research But Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Ok, l have had my Westinghouse oven for 18 months+ now and l cook for four and myself, yes (5) plus extras everynight or quite often. I researched a lot of wall ovens and found the reviews and 'Choice' tests were spot on. I am a self confessed over researcher when it comes to products but that's my way and l'm sure a lot of you guys are the same.
Good points- Cooks well, MASSIVE space especially for a big family like mine, l got the 900 not the 600.
Bad points- Takes a long time to heat up even with the FHU (fast heat up) option and noisy and time consuming once turned off as well as taking a long long time to disengage once turned off. Seems a lot of heat disburses once turned off heating up the kitchen.
Overall this oven is spot on for space you will not find another on the market for the price that offers the same features, although lots on the market all the time. I wanted to wait a period of time before reviewing this appliance but l trust the Westinghouse brand and have had no problems thus far. Please note l have bought other product/ models ie:- ovens, washing machines, dishwashers etc over a 30 year period such as Miele, Smeg both quality at the time l purchase them. Also l have had my share of low grade appliances as well so don't think l have just invested in high priced items.
Overall, check out Westinghouse first and do your research. Good Luck