Perth

• 4 comments
  • 17 helpful votes
Private message

Sturdy, big and does what it's supposed to do

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2013

As my title says! Very happy with this Westinghouse. Was initially worried about it as it wouldn't be my preferred brand of oven but we didn't want to upgrade on the builders choices. And so glad we didn't!! I am much happier with this one then my previous large - fancier brand oven.
Just one of the great points is the 'fast heat up' function. It really is fast :)
No hesitation in recommending this one at all.

- Nothing (although I wish a little genie would come after every use and wipe it clean for me)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

sydney

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

HUGE oven with GREAT features - we LOVE IT!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2013

We bought this (very) large oven as part of a kitchen update (not a reno - new cooktop, oven and rangehood)... it is HUGE! Our family does a lot of cooking and this oven is amazing. It has great programs - we made home-made pizzas that cooked the tops and crisped the bases - pefect! Slow cooking is also easy - it has a stack of ready-to-use programs with different temps/heat sources for different cooking techniques - but these are all adustable and customisable as well - just tweak the temp or the time. Install is really only a bit fiddly - it is an extra half-cupboard wide. I did the cabinetry after the electrican installed it, and I'm no real DIY man! Has a lot of "gee that's a great idea" features... light on when cooking (don't open door), can remove door glass to clean, fits 2 grill trays (cook meat and fish seperate), very few controls but would be almost impossible for kids to put on (needs certain button presses), has fast heat-up option, catalytic cleaning and more... we are VERY HAPPY with this oven!

+ huge capacity, great and simple operation, stacks of other features

- nothing

Purchased at: Home Clearance

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2013

I'm very happy after a few hick up's along the way finally got her working and love it had great staff help with our problems fast response to getting someone out and can't complain at all I now am able to cook for more people at once without food going cold

+ much bigger

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

No heat

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2013

Can't get any heat. Had nothing but problems since I got it home. Bad service. Trying to get it fixed after only having it 2 days, not happy. Would not buy another brand like this again, not like you get a great range of bigger ovens anyway and has cost me so much money remodelling my kitchen to fit an appliance that don't work.

+ Was bigger

- Don't work

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

We would like the opportunity to look into the concerns you have raised. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au? We look forward to hearing from you soon. ... read more »

Good luck with Electrolux customer care they see faults on their appliances as a way to make more money out of you, call out fee, parts and labour.

I agree I had issues with a vaccume cleaner I bought their customer service
Is a disgrace !

2 of 2 pages

WVE916SA

Hi I have tried cleaning my oven with heating it to 250c in the manual it says to put it to 260 but I can't get it that high. I heated it for over an hour and I can't budge the grime on the bottom of oven. Can you recommend any tips or products I can use to clean it.? It is a WVE916SA. Regards Cheryl

Cheryl asked on Sep 16, 2017

Answer this

Is your oven pyrolytic??? as it will have two cleaning modes to choose from. You may have a different model to me. Unfortunately I can't be of any assistance and you may have to contact westing house support. Thanks

Cheryl
I know what you mean regardless of the features of this oven l still go back to basics and clean the way l have always done. I had the same problem so yes nothing worked so l just threw a heap of bicarb soda on bottom trays added some dishwashing liquid and covered with boiling hot water and let sit for 30-60 minutes. After used a soft scourer and good old elbow action to release as much as l could and with good results. Once dry, rubbing your hand over may still feel a bit rough but it's the surface lining that has come away which happened from the start for me so once cleaned if you get some scatchy bits just get a razor blade and slightly scrape for a smooth surface.Then line your bottom trays with foil and change when needed.
Yep l could say that was the hardest for me as well so good luck Cheryl hope this helps.

WVE916SA

Having issues with my oven it will not heat and lock mode keeps appearing? Please help

Keith asked on Jul 04, 2017

Hi my Westinghouse model wfe946sb the oven touch panel when turning off the oven after use it starts beeping going in and out of safe mode and sometimes turns the oven on and off it is only six months old. Any ideas?

Paul asked on Jun 01, 2017

Answer this

Still having problems would not recommend these ovens waste of money as you do not know if left unattended it would turn itself on very dangerous considering going to consumer affairs so they could warn others

See all 26 questions about Westinghouse WVE916SA / WVE916SB

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Type Compact Compact
Oven Fuel Electric Electric
Pyrolytic No No

* Discontinued

The main difference between these models is generation