Brisbane

• 2 comments

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Takes ages to Heat up and Model is not Flush with the cabinet

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Takes ages for it to heat up. Light is off when the food is getting cooked. Over all its just an average owen. The front panel is not flush with the cabinet and it sticks out. Technician said it is the way they are designed. Westinghouse customer service is excellent.

Smithton

• 1 answer

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Stylish and Functional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

This oven not only looks great but it cooks great! Has different function modes so you can automatically choose what suits your food type. Has fast heat up which is awesome in saving time when in a rush. Its large capacity is great for big families or even small families. Best function is the pyrolitic self cleaning, everyone hates cleaning the oven especially after fatty, splattering roasts. This function can be used and at the end of its cycle you just simply wipe away a tiny bit of white powdery ash....sooo easy. I are not the best cook and this oven is fool proof. I love it.

Yanchep

Model: WVE916SA Date Purchased: Nov 2015

WESTINGHOUSE WVE916SA - Exploding glass

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

This oven was installed in a newly built house as part of the build contract - moved in Dec 2015. Before tonight I would have given it a 4 - 5 star as I loved my oven, and it still looked like new. But the glass all of a sudden exploded while there was a joint roasting in the oven at 180C. It was such a shock, but I'm just thankful that no-one was hurt. Not really sure where to go from here to be honest - I will have to get in touch with Westinghouse and will be sure to report back.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi MalSannie, Leslie from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention ... read more »

Thanks..... our builder RedInk was on it straight away and got a response before I did from Westinghouse who fixed it for free about 2 weeks later.

Atwell, Wa

• 1 answer

Model: WVE916SB Date Purchased: Sep 2015

Great oven- really impressed.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

This oven was standard inclusion when we built our house, really impressed with it. Cooks a mean roast - setting one applies heat from the top plus fan forced heat - always makes great pork crackle on that mode! Love the width, can fit 6 pizzas in at once. Plenty of room. Also like the auto modes - you can set start time and finish times - great time saving feature. Impressed! Looks fancy too with the digital touch screen display.

EXPLODING GLASS

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2016

I bought this product Nov 2013 and have been cooking in it successfully until now. Just this morning when baking a loaf of bread at 200 deg, within 10mins of putting the tin in the oven, I heard an almighty explosion coming from my oven. I was standing in front of the door only a few seconds before. The inner glass door shattered completely into pieces and it also scattered glass onto the floor in front of the oven. Very dangerous to say the least. From reading other reviews it's obvious this has happened to other owners of this product. I do ask the question, does this fault have the potential to cause serious injury or fatality to a person? If I had a small child in the facinity of the oven when it exploded they could have quite easily been showered with glass. I had no choice but to shut the power off at the main power board in frear that the other door may explode too and have the potential to cause a fire or damage to other property. Has anyone experienced this issue and what was the outcome when you came to make a claim?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Cook, Leslie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse WVE916SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel f... read more »

Westinghouse Pyro clean - Very Disappointing Purchase

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2015

On the whole the oven cooks well although we do have an issue with the stove top BTU being not strong enough for cooking stir fry. Our major complaint is that we have had two issues with the oven in three years. It has been costly, we had to pay for 2 service calls plus a part on this last occasion totally nearly one third the cost of the oven new. Our last oven was a different brand and we had no need of a service call in over 10 years. Though the new part fitted today is guaranteed for 12 months, if there is a problem after 3 months we have to pay another $150 for a service call.
Despite extensive research prior to purchase, we feel very disappointed and would never recommend anyone buy this product. I won't consider purchasing any other Westinghouse products in the future.

Dissapointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2015

Most of the oven has been ok but my biggest problem is I can't use bake every time I do it smokes out the house it's horrible also the bulb has blowen and there difficult to find we have only had the oven maximum 18 months This is disappointing :(

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Funny Farm , Catherine from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux appliance. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Love at first bake

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2015

Have only had this oven for a short while now, but i am so impressed with it. All our meals come out perfectly cooked and the ample space provided within the oven is perfect to cook different components on the same level and get an even spread of heat. The oven itself is so simple to use, the settings are pretty self explanatory for what cooking process they should be used in and i love the digital screen to display temperature, i am able to get a far more accurate temp and you really can tell how it affects your cooking. Another positive is how well this oven holds heat, I've experienced many large ovens that just cannot hold heat but this Westinghouse oven is perfect.

WVE 615S Extremely poor product. Non existent customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2015

Can't agree more with all you have to say on this. I have had nothing but NON SERVICE from Electrolux. Oven replaced, but 2nd oven has same problem. Shelves sit scew in oven. Oven rails not level. Service man came twice and was extremely rude telling me he would contact the office about contining problem " at my own leisure"! I cantacted them again and client services supervisor booked a service call by " technical supervisor " . Serviceman didn't turn up! Complained again, but I'm still waiting from promised call back. Don't have anything to do with this company.

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Esther,

Leeanne from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux oven. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact Leeanne at customercare@electrolux.com.au
Leeanne

Private message

Love the oven AND the service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2015

Love my oven!
Had an issue with 'safe' mode called Customer Service and they were more than happy to help.
When they couldn't help me over the phone they organised to send a technician out.
Prior to their call out I had to change my day and time and once again Customer Service were more than happy to help.
This morning a technician name Chris arrived.
He was extremely helpful well mannered and dressed.
He fixed the issue then asked if I needed to know anything else is regards to the use or cleaning of the oven then proceeded to show me how to clean and look after my oven. Customer Service told me that the technician would call before he arrived and I he did.
I received a phone call 20 minutes before he arrived.
All in all the service from Eltrolux from Customer Service to Chris the technician and the over itself has been fantastic!
A very happy customer here!

Rockingham

• 1 question

Hardly used broke in less than 2 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2015

Would not recommend this oven, Just stopped working. Customer service ignored my email on their site and had to end up contacting them again. not even used 25 times I would say.
One day the word safe popped up in the display. I followed instructions from the manual re troubleshooting and pressing function button etc. Still wouldn't work.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Christine V, Rumana from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attentio... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Will never buy a Westinghouse 900 oven again Rubish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2014

Well where do i start, i bought the westinghouse 90cm oven and it was not cooking evenly and making loud noises. Got it replaced and again the second one had the same problem. Had 2 serviceman come out at seperate times telling us there is nothing wrong with it and preety much telling my wife she is making it all up. Only half of everything we were baking would be cooked, the other half still raw. We found that the service department was not at all helpful and at one time made my wife cry with them being so rude. Please do not buy this oven as we do not want anyone else going through the pain we are going through. Clearly there is a fault with these ovens which the company is denying.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Sam, Leeanne from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux appliance oven model WVE916SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to... read more »

Sydney

Private message

Terrible oven faults faults faults

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2014

Bought the oven for my new house and i love to cook. Have had nothing but problems:

1. Cooks unevenly alot; was told by servicemen i don't know how to cook and cakes need to be cooked at 180 not 200
2. Faulty fan replaced
3. Sensor is faulty. Still cooks unevenly fan still faulty; servicemen said its your fault you are not cooking right
4. Water leaks from the oven as the fan extracting doesnt work properly; was told by servicmen its my cooking and not the oven and that i shouldnt cook vegetables in the oven. Was told to stop slow roasting my meat with a lid and cook it faster at higher temperature with no water for less time
5. Fire alarm goes off when i open oven door because of the amount of steam in the oven; was told by servicemen stop putting water in your food and it is normal all ovens do that
6. Burn/scortch marks on my kitchen from the heating elements; i was told by service men it is normal and all ovens do that people dont normally notice im being picky.
7. Fan extractor is noisy and rattles; was told by servicemen there is nothing wrong all fans make noise and you get what you pay for if you want better spend ten thousand dollars
8. Shelves were not welded together at edges the metal rows were hanging off frame
9. Shelves did not fit into oven at all
10. New shelves did not slide in or out smoothly had to be rammed in which makes cooking unsafe and frustrating
11. Oven replaced with new oven this oven which is faulty; after alot of problems and numerous complaints to service
12. One fan does not work it is faulty
13. Side plate that holds the shelves is chipped and protective paint is gone exposing bare metal which will rust
14. Extractor fan rattles extremely loud
15. Stainless steel door is bent and damaged
16. Had a serviceman walkout because i was being unreasonable and i didnt understand after i waited 1 week and all day literaaly for him to show up.
17. Still waiting for another replacement going into 3rd week.
Shocking iven shocking
18. Was told numerous times i cant get a replacement and cant get my money back.
19. Advised delivery centres of days im available and they attempt delivery on days im at work
20. Advised again availabilty and they again try to deliver on days im working. This has happened 5 times now.

Very frustrating and very disappointed and extremely annoyed.
At least [names removed] from the call centre are trying to be helpful. nothing i can say for all the others except terrible.
Wish i can get my money back!
Dont buy it.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Jetski, Maria M from Electrolux here. We would like the opportunity to look into the concerns you have raised regarding your Westinghouse WVE916sa oven and the delivery of the replacement. Can ... read more »

MariaM ive contacted your service centre today after no one bothered to call me back last friday about the delivery and again you are not able to deliver with stupid excuses. Im sick and tired of t... read more »

melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

do yourself a favour buy this oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2014

firstly I would like to say buy this oven
I renovate for a living I have seen plenty of different ovens installed
European brands etc
but also seen plenty of people unhappy with these for being so hard to use
that is why they mostly offer a course on how to use them
and if something goes wrong good luck
this is the largest internal capacity 900cm oven on the market it is huge
triple glazed glass and heats magnificently I am the cook in the family and am male as well
I love pizzas and I have never experienced such a great finished product when I have made my own pizzas and I don't make traditional I stack mine high they are with the lot and are with the lot
the programs are simple to use and easy to decipher
we also have a 60 cm Westinghouse in the butlers pantry and that is great too for small cooking
as I said do yourself a favour forget brand snobbery and buy the final Australian made oven

• 3 answers

Exploding Glass

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2014

We got this about 6 months ago as part of our new house and like others say it has been a joy to use. However today the inner glass just exploded when we were doing normal cooking with it. We suddenly are doubtful if this was a good choice to make. Especially if the glass would explored with a sizable bang so early into its life. We have kids around the house and now fear the day when both glasses will explored with the attendant danger of causing serious injury. We will test the service quality of westinghouse and see how they handle our case.

+ Big, attractive, stylish and a good performer so far.

- The inner glass just explored when we were doing normal cooking.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

Hi Mkhethwa2 Sylvia from Electrolux here. Electrolux will be able to assist you with this query. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Sylvia... read more »

I have Westinghouse bild in but im not sure if the light is ment to be always on when cooking

Westinghouse Official

Hi Jenny Jovan Marina from Electrolux here. Electrolux will be able to assist you with this query. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina... read more »

Perth

• 4 comments
  • 17 helpful votes
Private message

Sturdy, big and does what it's supposed to do

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2013

As my title says! Very happy with this Westinghouse. Was initially worried about it as it wouldn't be my preferred brand of oven but we didn't want to upgrade on the builders choices. And so glad we didn't!! I am much happier with this one then my previous large - fancier brand oven.
Just one of the great points is the 'fast heat up' function. It really is fast :)
No hesitation in recommending this one at all.

- Nothing (although I wish a little genie would come after every use and wipe it clean for me)

sydney

Private message

HUGE oven with GREAT features - we LOVE IT!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2013

We bought this (very) large oven as part of a kitchen update (not a reno - new cooktop, oven and rangehood)... it is HUGE! Our family does a lot of cooking and this oven is amazing. It has great programs - we made home-made pizzas that cooked the tops and crisped the bases - pefect! Slow cooking is also easy - it has a stack of ready-to-use programs with different temps/heat sources for different cooking techniques - but these are all adustable and customisable as well - just tweak the temp or the time. Install is really only a bit fiddly - it is an extra half-cupboard wide. I did the cabinetry after the electrican installed it, and I'm no real DIY man! Has a lot of "gee that's a great idea" features... light on when cooking (don't open door), can remove door glass to clean, fits 2 grill trays (cook meat and fish seperate), very few controls but would be almost impossible for kids to put on (needs certain button presses), has fast heat-up option, catalytic cleaning and more... we are VERY HAPPY with this oven!

+ huge capacity, great and simple operation, stacks of other features

- nothing

Purchased at: Home Clearance

very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2013

I'm very happy after a few hick up's along the way finally got her working and love it had great staff help with our problems fast response to getting someone out and can't complain at all I now am able to cook for more people at once without food going cold

+ much bigger

No heat

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2013

Can't get any heat. Had nothing but problems since I got it home. Bad service. Trying to get it fixed after only having it 2 days, not happy. Would not buy another brand like this again, not like you get a great range of bigger ovens anyway and has cost me so much money remodelling my kitchen to fit an appliance that don't work.

+ Was bigger

- Don't work

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westinghouse Official

We would like the opportunity to look into the concerns you have raised. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au? We look forward to hearing from you soon. ... read more »

Good luck with Electrolux customer care they see faults on their appliances as a way to make more money out of you, call out fee, parts and labour.

I agree I had issues with a vaccume cleaner I bought their customer service
Is a disgrace !