• 6 helpful votes

Do not use these people

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2015

I used this company to fix a water heater that had started to leak. Due to the fact I was in a hurry the price was instantly inflated. I had to get it fixed cos the heater was leaking right? So I asked them to proceed to which that told me that there plumber had called in sick and would not be able to complete the job until the next day (meanwhile the heater is leaking water and the Tennent has no hot water). They finally fixed the heater and in the process butchered the kitchen getting the unit out. Not only did they do this but they also demanded payment (threatening "collections") after 4 days. Do not use these people, there are plenty of other plumbing professionals out there.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

sydney

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

CareFull Rip off Wilco Plumber charged $2000 for a 50 litre hot water in a small unit, Market price

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2015

Run Away this Scam company - CareFull Rip off Wilco Plumbing Services charged $2000 for a 50 litre hot water installation in a small unit, On Market price is $680 completed work $2000 can buy more than 3 hot water system
Run Away this Scam company

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

OVERCHARGES!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

I had the feeling I shouldn't have called this company after noticing that they are not local to our area. Their website changes location depending on what Suburb you enter. Anyway, they wanted to charge over $350 to change a washer in the laundry taps oh and clean it up??? Or over $450 to change the taps. What a rip off!! Don't waste your money on their call out fee like I just did! AFTER POSTING THIS THEN THEY TRY TO BRIBE ME TO DELETE THIS POST BY GIVING BACK MY $39 CALL OUT FEE. However when I said I'm not deleting the post because I don't want others paying stupid prices, the lady soon changed her tune and didn't want to refund me anymore. I bet the post above mine is made up by them to give them a higher star rating!!

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Wilco plumbing is the most overpriced plumber we have ever dealt with. $30.00 part and charged $353.00 plus GST!!! Customer service appalling. Do not use this company!!!

Verified Customer

A horrid experiance - do not use them.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

Unlike other local companies Wilco charges for quotes, the quote they gave me was AU$ 12,000 FIXED PRICE for a 40m pipe run to replace a pipe that was broken and old. This quote was never given to me in writing have expressed shock at the amount I asked the guy to justify the number- he could not do so, I estimated materials cost to be at most $2000 so the rest is labour. Work it out, even at $100 per hr that is 100hrs work. All the other quotes were 2-3 days work and they were all were willing to do work T&M. I paid up the $40 fee to make the Wilco person go away. In the end it took 1 man one day and cost me just over $1300 to get the job done.

Private message

Do not trust Wilco Plumbing.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2016

The work which was promised to fix did not exist, There was a blockage in the pipes just requiring blasting however told that pipes were colapsed & had to be replaced. Do not use this company.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Semi, Thank you for your feedback, my team and I have been trying to locate your job in our system, however we have been unable to do so. We would appreciate the opportunity to further investi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Liars and Late

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2015

Called for a plumber at 4pm for emergency toilet overflowing at blocked. Was told $130 call out fee but will be there between 5-7pm that day.

Had to call company back twice over plumber not showing. Finally showed at 11:15pm to after calling me 5 minutes before to charge for the call out over the phone.

Showed up and told us $500 for a plunge and $1000 for a the jet.

Told him we can't afford that! End of service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Tee,

Were sorry you feel that way. Please contact us on 9826 2211 because we cannot find your information in our system as you haven't provided any details. We hope we hear from you so we can resolve the issue as soon as possible!

• 11 helpful votes

Will Rip You Off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2015

They seem professional, the girl on the phone is nice and was nice enough to call me to say plumber was sick and won't make his appointment till another day. The plumber was friendly enough, told me I need to pay $750 for a job so small I could almost have done it myself. Called another plumber, costed me $220.

I think their plan is to charge the most they think can get from you, and when you say no it's to high, they hit you with the $40 call out fee.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi there, we are sorry you feel this way. Unfortunately we can't find your job details in the system, we would like to discuss this issue further with you if you could contact us on 02 9826 2211. P... read more »

Private message

Avoid at all costs, use at your peril

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

Took advantage, over charged and provided a service that was not needed. Suspect many positive reviews are not legitimate as the business is based on charging whatever it thinks the client will pay. A complete rip off.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Michael,
I sent you a message so we could better understand the experience you had with our company. Please contact us at [email protected] so I can obtain more details.

Kind Regards,
Wilco Plumbing

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Tried to rort me with outrageous quote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Old electric water cylinder packed up. Asked these guys to provide a quote to replace it. They charged $39 to come out - I didn't have a problem with that. However, I did have a problem with the $4,100 quote I was given for a straight-forward "replace old with new" job. After doing some research, I've eventually been charged $1589 for the same job.

If this isn't a case of someone trying to rort the circumstances of being in need of having a problem resolved quickly, I don't know what is.

Shame on you Wilco Plumbing !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Ayup, I am concerned about the pricing issue you've brought to our attention as it sounds out of line with our pricing structure. I would like to resolve this for you straightaway. We take c... read more »

Oyster Bay, NSW 2225

Beware !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Called Wilco today to get quote for new boiler and installation, and guess what - paid for coming $39 to get quote for $2411 ex GST for installation only. Wow, that is more than supply & install from another company. If this isn't rip off, I don't know what it is. Beware and read their quotes carefully. Regards Nev, Oyster Bay

Private message

camera inspection of pipes good result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

I have used Wilco's plumber twice for camera inspection of pipes he was prompt, polite and informative. Inspection of questionable pipes successful with full reports for reasonable price.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Phill,

We're glad we could be of assistance to you, and thank you for sharing your positive experience... we appreciate it!

Kind Regards,
Wilco

Rip off people never ever use them $10000 quote and tried to charge $27000

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

They are a rip off my relative was quoted $10000 for relining pipes then was told when finished $17000 now they are saying another $11000 as my relative is 80yrs has not got extra to finish and very worried about paying soo much and job still not finished this is disgusting must be something we can do to stop people been treated this way they had no problem asking for money

Rheen 315 L Hot Water System

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2017

Called to come out paid $39 for call out fee, then got quoted $3300 ex GST for the Rheen 315L System. I might be a female but I am not stupid

Best Service Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

I had trouble with my storm water drainage. I contacted WILCO PLUMBING who immediately sent a team to review and quote the work needed.
There was subsoil drainage and aglines were needed. Pipes were placed around the house to prevent rainwater building under the house.
The team with their leader, Steve, not only resolved the drainage and storm water issues but they ensured pavements were built and repaired as necessary.
This team went beyond expectations: the lawn was returfed both front and back and the garden soils and beds repaired. Mulch and stones were added which provided an excellent landscape. The team were here for more than a week and every day the house entrance was left clean and easily accessible. I did not expect the result I got.
All workers were polite and friendly and with their leader, Steve Little, provided skilled work beyond expectations. They helped with many issues i had and this I did not expect. This team was A+ in manner, skills and work execution. I would not hesitate to call them again for any plumbing or electrical needs. I will be recommending them to all my friends.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Louise, Thanks so much for the great review, we really appreciate you taking the time out to write something positive about our business. We're glad we could assist you with the storm water dr... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

Expensive quote

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

I called Wilco for a toilet replacement. They showed up on time and very friendly.
However the quote they gave me was twice as much as the most expensive other quotes that I got. Others gave me between 900-1200$.
Wilco 2400$. This has a name.

Poor communication, job cancelled

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2016

Frustrating as it always is waiting hours for tradies to turn up, I phoned after the allotted time to find out where the plumber was only to be told they may arrive an hr later. How difficult is it, when the job is booked in days prior, to phone on the day, advise where your job is on the list/approx time, and or phone to say 'sorry for the inconvenience we are running an hour late'. Waste of my day, cancelled the job and went elsewhere

Biggest rort I've seen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

As another review has mentioned. $1000 mark up. I have a small 80L hot water tank in my unit and was quoted $2100 to replace with a tank that has 5yr warranty. Called another plumbing service and they had someone out within the hour with the same tank but a 7yr warranty, which was $1200 all up.

I'm the type that will pay top dollar for good service, but these guys are an absolute rort. Regardless of the friendliness and professionalism, DO NOT USE!!

Private message

Always get a second quote!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

Wilco did the job but at a significant cost. Just on $1,000 dearer than an identical hot water unit quoted from another plumber, and given job was $2,300 that is a massive mark up.

Beware!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2016

Plumber confirmed for an afternoon weekday appointment. Company calls and changes appointment to the following day. Half a job completed. Part payment made by us. Then, no show by the plumber after booking in to finish the job the following Saturday. Countless calls to the company (one was answered by them but zero assistance provided). No follow-up call on Monday. Have read your company reviews and it seems that your standard reply is that you "have no record of the job/any calls/communication/have lost emails". Have called NSW Department of Fair Trading to sort you out.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Wilco plumber didn't supply a tax invoice after requiring on-the-spot payment. Makes it very nearly impossible to follow up on a "job" when no record exists. Job sheets don't match legitimate work ... read more »

1 of 9 pages