Ripped Off!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

- plumber was late
- he promised me a number of options on toilet suites but I only got one option.
- the one option given was for a Posh Dominique available (at the time) at Reece Bathrooms for $218.99 and Wilco were going to charge me over $600
- the invoice I was given by the plumber was a hand written invoice, without any terms and conditions on it
- the plumber asked for a 20% deposit
- he did not mentioned the terms and conditions, he did not suggest that I have a look at the terms and conditions, he did not tell me that a 10% deposit would be retained should I cancel the job AND he did not tell me that even though he asked for 20% deposit ONLY 10% was necessary
- he told me that yes the job could be done on the following Saturday afternoon
- he told me that my CHOICE of toilet suites would be emailed on Monday, the email was sent on Wednesday after I contacted them
- when I asked him if his price was a competitive one, he suggested I get some additional quotes....this would have been a good time to mention the 10% deposit retention since he was suggesting I get other quotes
- I cancelled the job because I didn't like the ONE OPTION given
- Wilco kept the entire 20% even though I cancelled the job because they did not deliver on their promise
- Wilco kept the entire 20% even though their 'terms and conditions' clearly states that only a 10% deposit is required
- I send them a number of emails and they still refused to refund me the extra 10%
As I single mother working two jobs and studying part time, I have only just found the time to write this review and have also been in touch with the Department of Fair Trading. Wilco, you are holding over $250 of my money and your office manager, after asking for my bank details, your office manager refused to answer my emails and did not transfer the money into my account.
So instead of preparing Christmas for my family I am writing reviews, filling in forms and spending long minutes on the phone with the Department of Fair Trading. Why? Because you did not honour the verbal agreement made by myself and your plumber. If he and the person he kept ringing to 'check' with had been upfront I would not have cancelled the job. Essentially, you are at fault and I am being penalised. Funny, there's nothing about that in the 'terms and conditions.

AMAZING

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Very prompt in responding, easy to deal with, tailored service, customer focused and quick to resolve the issue. Very happy to work around my needs and reasonably priced

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Be very wary of these guys

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Be very careful when using these guys, they first under quoted, then trebled the original call out fee on arrival, then kept finding new things to do, adding thousands to the quote as they went. After two very expensive days and excruciatingly slow progress we wised up and pulled out. Found a great plumber who fixed the mess and started again for a fraction of the cost. Always get a second or third opinion.

More than just service all right, overcharging thrown in big time.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi "Customer", I would like to understand your statements a bit better. Please send us an email at feedback@wilcoplumbing.com.au with a time we may contact you. These allegations are quite alarmi... read more »

SYDNEY

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Very professional.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I can not complain about the service as it was excellent. There were a few problems encountered along the way and they dealt with them in a very professional manner. They were courteous and polite and they informed me of what they were doing during the repair and they even cleaned up after themselves. I would certainly recommend them.

It was good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

He called me before hand and was on time and fixed the issue. It was just more expensive than I anticipated.

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

I would recommend wilco plumbing jack was friendly polite and did a great job. I would use him again without a doubt.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Brookie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a nice review. I have shared your feedback with Jack as well. If we can be of service to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact us.

Great customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Initial mix up getting my job on to the schedule, but this was rectified and a discount given for the inconvenience. Customer service was excellent. The guys turned up on time, job was completed quickly and professionally, price was reasonable, no mess left behind. Great guys, great work!

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Priority 13, Thanks for posting your kind review of our services. We were fortunate enough that you understood mistakes sometimes happen even to most efficient teams. Thank you again for ... read more »

Gas leak fixed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

Daniel did a great job diagnosing the problem and fixing it with out any issues in a quick manner. He was professional.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi D J, Thanks for your review of Daniel :) We are glad that we sorted out the gas leak for you on the stove connection. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day.

Kind Regards, Wilco Plumbing

My experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

Explained things clearly. Great customer service. Also, I was offered advice about my particular problem. Call out fee was affordable.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Rose,
Many thanks for taking time to review our services. I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to assisting you in the future with your plumbing needs.

Pipe damage

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

All tradesmen were polite, timely, unobtrusive, professional and friendly. They worked very hard and were able to answer most questions.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi CAP, We appreciate you taking the time to post a review for our services. Our technicians always strive to provide professional, informative and thorough services as efficiently as possible. ... read more »

Their team did a great job from start to finish.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

My sewer pipelines were relined by Wilco. It was a big job and the team advised me every step of the way. I was able to see both live and saved to disc video of the damaged areas with audio. A truly profession outfit both at office and tradesman level. All my plants were moved into safe areas whilst the work was underway when the whole area was cleared and work complete they restored my plants to their original places. Thoughtful in every way, I highly recommend their service.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Cally, Many thanks for your terrific review. Our team here at Wilco always strive to provide the best possible service for our customers from start to finish. Thank you for taking the time t... read more »

Roots problems

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

We have problems with the blockage caused of the roots, from 2 times a year to 4 times a year that we need a plumber to clear the roots. Is getting expensive each time to do the job. We decided to do the relining of the pipes. We got 3 quotes and they are the cheapest comparing to the other 2. The staff are very nice & polite and efficient. We are very happy the work they have done and will recommend to our friends.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Tammy, We appreciate your kind words. I'll pass along your feedback to our staff. Blockages are always an individual experience as every issue is different. We are glad you took the steps to ... read more »

Fast and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

We called Wilco at 8.30am when we could no longer stand the issues we were having. They were on site by 10.30 and had identified the issue and begun work rectifying it that same day. Everything was explained thoughtfully and the plumbers were personable and professional. Would definitely recommend.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Max,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. Our team works hard to provide the most efficient and thorough service. We are happy you would recommend our services as well :)

Beware of this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Charged $250 to supposedly clear roots from drain. Showed where roots were with camera and provided a quote for over $2000 saying pipes needed replacing due to damage from roots. Blocked again 2 days later and refused to return unless going ahead with pipe replacement. Called another plumber who cleared roots blockage with no problem and told us pipes were in good condition. Also detected blockage in main. This is a rort to get you to undertake major work. Disgusted that they get away with it.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Gill, I sent you a message a couple days ago to discuss this issue you've raised. If you could please send me a message at feedback@wilcoplumbing.com.au that would be greatly appreciated. I w... read more »

Happy I called them!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

I was a bit worried when I saw some negative reviews but decided to call for my mum's blocked drain. I called in the morning and they came out on same afternoon. The guy talked to me and explain what happened and cost to fix it. No pressure from him to fix just because he was there. My mum was happy with everything. Very nice company

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Lisa,

We appreciate you taking time to post a review of our company. I'm glad we were able to sort your mum's blocked drain out. We look forward to assisting you in the future with any of your plumbing needs.

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Avoid at all costs, use at your peril

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

Took advantage, over charged and provided a service that was not needed. Suspect many positive reviews are not legitimate as the business is based on charging whatever it thinks the client will pay. A complete rip off.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Michael,
I sent you a message so we could better understand the experience you had with our company. Please contact us at feedback@wilcoplumbing.com.au so I can obtain more details.

Wilco Plumbing

Fast, easy, no fuss service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

I called out Wilco plumbing (JN# 12527) after rupturing my water main at 4pm on a Saturday afternoon. The phone was answered immediately and within a few minutes I was then called back by the assigned plumber who gave me an ETA which was subsequently met. Quick fix on arrival and really lovely bloke who did the job.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Matt, thank you for taking time to post a review of our services. We are happy that we met your expectations. We endeavour to provide the best customer experience and to communicate effective... read more »

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

This company is great. I selected them after reading the reviews here. I can say that without hesitation I concur with the views expressed by majority in this site. The Plumber Tim is excellent in terms of his attitude and professionalism. He called me before arriving which was on the time promised, assessed my toilet blockage problem and provided clear options with quotations. This options were for both immediate and short to medium implementation.
I am more than satisfied with the work done and highly recommend this company to anyone.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Anjan, We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We're glad you were completely satisfied with our service! I will pass along your kind words to our plumber that attended. ... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Tried to rort me with outrageous quote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Old electric water cylinder packed up. Asked these guys to provide a quote to replace it. They charged $39 to come out - I didn't have a problem with that. However, I did have a problem with the $4,100 quote I was given for a straight-forward "replace old with new" job. After doing some research, I've eventually been charged $1589 for the same job.

If this isn't a case of someone trying to rort the circumstances of being in need of having a problem resolved quickly, I don't know what is.

Shame on you Wilco Plumbing !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Ayup, I am concerned about the pricing issue you've brought to our attention as it sounds out of line with our pricing structure. I would like to resolve this for you straightaway. We take c... read more »

Newcastle

• 5 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Prompt, efficient and highly professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Plumber came within scheduled time slot - calling 20 minutes before arrival. Identified problem immediately and quoted for replacement of 2 taps and completed change-over quiickly, also attending to problem with main supply tap breaking and adjusted low hot water temperature free of any further charge. Will happily recommend to others.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Pete, We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We're glad you were completely satisfied with our service! We look forward to assisting you with any of your plumbing/electrica... read more »

1 of 10 pages