Beware of this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Charged $250 to supposedly clear roots from drain. Showed where roots were with camera and provided a quote for over $2000 saying pipes needed replacing due to damage from roots. Blocked again 2 days later and refused to return unless going ahead with pipe replacement. Called another plumber who cleared roots blockage with no problem and told us pipes were in good condition. Also detected blockage in main. This is a rort to get you to undertake major work. Disgusted that they get away with it.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Gill, I sent you a message a couple days ago to discuss this issue you've raised. If you could please send me a message at [email protected] that would be greatly appreciated. I w... read more »

Private message

Avoid at all costs, use at your peril

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

Took advantage, over charged and provided a service that was not needed. Suspect many positive reviews are not legitimate as the business is based on charging whatever it thinks the client will pay. A complete rip off.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Michael,
I sent you a message so we could better understand the experience you had with our company. Please contact us at [email protected] so I can obtain more details.

Kind Regards,
Wilco Plumbing

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Tried to rort me with outrageous quote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Old electric water cylinder packed up. Asked these guys to provide a quote to replace it. They charged $39 to come out - I didn't have a problem with that. However, I did have a problem with the $4,100 quote I was given for a straight-forward "replace old with new" job. After doing some research, I've eventually been charged $1589 for the same job.

If this isn't a case of someone trying to rort the circumstances of being in need of having a problem resolved quickly, I don't know what is.

Shame on you Wilco Plumbing !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Ayup, I am concerned about the pricing issue you've brought to our attention as it sounds out of line with our pricing structure. I would like to resolve this for you straightaway. We take c... read more »

• 4 helpful votes

Who would of thought

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

I needed these merchants on a Sunday to unblock a drain. I prepared the inspection port for them (removed the access plate and flushed away the crap) the plumber arrived and for a grand total of 12 minutes work i was charged $712. Avoid at all costs.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi there, We are sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't up to your standards. We have attempted to locate your details in our system, but unfortunately have had no luck. Please email;... read more »

Oyster Bay, NSW 2225

Beware !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Called Wilco today to get quote for new boiler and installation, and guess what - paid for coming $39 to get quote for $2411 ex GST for installation only. Wow, that is more than supply & install from another company. If this isn't rip off, I don't know what it is. Beware and read their quotes carefully. Regards Nev, Oyster Bay

Rip off people never ever use them $10000 quote and tried to charge $27000

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

They are a rip off my relative was quoted $10000 for relining pipes then was told when finished $17000 now they are saying another $11000 as my relative is 80yrs has not got extra to finish and very worried about paying soo much and job still not finished this is disgusting must be something we can do to stop people been treated this way they had no problem asking for money

OVERCHARGES!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

I had the feeling I shouldn't have called this company after noticing that they are not local to our area. Their website changes location depending on what Suburb you enter. Anyway, they wanted to charge over $350 to change a washer in the laundry taps oh and clean it up??? Or over $450 to change the taps. What a rip off!! Don't waste your money on their call out fee like I just did! AFTER POSTING THIS THEN THEY TRY TO BRIBE ME TO DELETE THIS POST BY GIVING BACK MY $39 CALL OUT FEE. However when I said I'm not deleting the post because I don't want others paying stupid prices, the lady soon changed her tune and didn't want to refund me anymore. I bet the post above mine is made up by them to give them a higher star rating!!

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Wilco plumbing is the most overpriced plumber we have ever dealt with. $30.00 part and charged $353.00 plus GST!!! Customer service appalling. Do not use this company!!!

Sydney, NSW

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

'More than just a service?' ... It's not even that.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2017

In July 2015 I needed a plumber and searched Google to find Wilco Plumbing. The website was impressive and promised:
• Honest and upfront quotes
• Reliable service
• Highly skilled, qualified and experienced
• We will thoroughly clean up after ourselves
• Lifetime guarantee on workmanship
• Extremely competitive prices

I also needed an electrician so I agreed to pay Wilco $90 for 12 month of their membership program that promised $0 call out and priority rates among other things.

The plumber I needed urgently didn’t turn up as arranged and failed to show again the following day. When he finally arrived, it was 5 days later and I was charged $907.07 for the installation of a standard Bosche dishwasher (purchased for $850) and the replacement of 2 taps.

Then in March 2016, I rang to request a quote for a new toilet, vanity and shower recess for both my bathrooms. I was pleasantly surprised when the plumber arrived as arranged, however the quote was not as reliable and it took until 22 July for it to be received. Even then, instead of an itemised quote, it simple stated a total $ cost with no detail. It simply read ‘still getting prices’.

I replied the same day to say the quote was incomplete and to point out it was impossible to make an informed decision. I received no response and wrote again on 7 September to be told it had fallen between the cracks. So, had my confidence in Wilco.

Now, since it was installed, the dishwasher I mentioned has been inoperable for at least 12 to 16 weeks and everything has had to be washed and dried by hand. It’s always the same - the dishwasher stops mid cycle - the ‘check water’ warning light illuminates and although the pump is running, it remains filled with water.

By some stroke of luck, I usually get it working again after 3 or 4 days. However, luck has failed me on occasion as it did for the fourth time a few weeks ago. An inspection by a well-trained and highly experienced plumber from Bosche finally revealed the reason for the ongoing problems.

The installation, I paid so much money for was at the heart of the ongoing problems I was suffering. You see the Wilco plumber used the wrong hose extension and instead of one designed for a dishwasher, he used a narrow hose for a washing machine. As a result, the hose is easily blocked when draining and the situation made worse by the piece of copper pipe used at the join the two.

From July 2015 to April 2016 I spent just on $4000 with Wilco, of which approx. $3000 was with the one electrician. His last job was to replace light fittings in my ceilings where I was left gaping holes.

At this point you might want to return to the start of this review and the promises Wilco make and decide how many they've lived up to. I have written to Wilco but received no acknowledgment or reply.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. We have found your details in our system and we would appreciate the opportunity to further investigate this issue and rectify the problem. We will be contacting you very shortly!

Regards,
Wilco

There are two things I’ve learnt about companies today: 1. It’s one thing to make promises, but it’s another thing to live up to them. 2. It’s only when things go wrong, that you see what they’r... read more »

Wilco Plumbing Official

We're glad we were able to rectify the issue and be of your service. Thank you for the positive feedback, we appreciate it!

Regards,
Wilco

Rheen 315 L Hot Water System

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2017

Called to come out paid $39 for call out fee, then got quoted $3300 ex GST for the Rheen 315L System. I might be a female but I am not stupid

Poor communication, job cancelled

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2016

Frustrating as it always is waiting hours for tradies to turn up, I phoned after the allotted time to find out where the plumber was only to be told they may arrive an hr later. How difficult is it, when the job is booked in days prior, to phone on the day, advise where your job is on the list/approx time, and or phone to say 'sorry for the inconvenience we are running an hour late'. Waste of my day, cancelled the job and went elsewhere

Biggest rort I've seen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

As another review has mentioned. $1000 mark up. I have a small 80L hot water tank in my unit and was quoted $2100 to replace with a tank that has 5yr warranty. Called another plumbing service and they had someone out within the hour with the same tank but a 7yr warranty, which was $1200 all up.

I'm the type that will pay top dollar for good service, but these guys are an absolute rort. Regardless of the friendliness and professionalism, DO NOT USE!!

Verified Customer

A horrid experiance - do not use them.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

Unlike other local companies Wilco charges for quotes, the quote they gave me was AU$ 12,000 FIXED PRICE for a 40m pipe run to replace a pipe that was broken and old. This quote was never given to me in writing have expressed shock at the amount I asked the guy to justify the number- he could not do so, I estimated materials cost to be at most $2000 so the rest is labour. Work it out, even at $100 per hr that is 100hrs work. All the other quotes were 2-3 days work and they were all were willing to do work T&M. I paid up the $40 fee to make the Wilco person go away. In the end it took 1 man one day and cost me just over $1300 to get the job done.

Beware!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2016

Plumber confirmed for an afternoon weekday appointment. Company calls and changes appointment to the following day. Half a job completed. Part payment made by us. Then, no show by the plumber after booking in to finish the job the following Saturday. Countless calls to the company (one was answered by them but zero assistance provided). No follow-up call on Monday. Have read your company reviews and it seems that your standard reply is that you "have no record of the job/any calls/communication/have lost emails". Have called NSW Department of Fair Trading to sort you out.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Wilco plumber didn't supply a tax invoice after requiring on-the-spot payment. Makes it very nearly impossible to follow up on a "job" when no record exists. Job sheets don't match legitimate work ... read more »

Not Happy!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2016

A had an occasion requiring an emergency call out for a plumber on a Sunday. In a panic I went on line and found these guys and was told someone would be there within 4 hrs - plus advised of the call out fee of $250. The issue was a 10mm long nick in a presurised hot water pipe. The chap turned up in reasonable time and proceeded to advise me that he did not have the gear to fix this particular type of hose and fitting. However for a further $500 he could apply a temporary fix to stop the water flow- then return on Monday with the appropriate gear to fix it all ..... for another $600! Add that up and its a pretty hefty fee to fix the problem. My answer to that was a definate no thankyou and asked the young chap to leave.A few dollars lighter, problem not fixed and left frustrated to deal with a temporary fix myself.
Moral of the story- a good plumber is like gold. At last found one and the job resolved for a fraction of the cost.
I realise that these people have a business to run and clearly after hours/ emergency plumbing is a lucrative business. However this left a significant bad taste for me and not surprisingly I would never use or recommend these guys to anybody.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Tones, We are sorry to hear that your experience with us left a bad taste in your mouth. We take pride in the service that we provide to our customers and the solutions that we offer are often... read more »

Private message

Do not trust Wilco Plumbing.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2016

The work which was promised to fix did not exist, There was a blockage in the pipes just requiring blasting however told that pipes were colapsed & had to be replaced. Do not use this company.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Semi, Thank you for your feedback, my team and I have been trying to locate your job in our system, however we have been unable to do so. We would appreciate the opportunity to further investi... read more »

Private message

over quoted and over priced

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2016

We we were charged $300 for approx 40 minutes 'fault finding' to tell us that our hot water system did not work and needed replacing. The plumber left us with a quote (he tried to get our money there and then to get the 'good price' offered). Fortunately we did our homework the following day - every quote was over 50% more than what we were quoted from other companies. eg 16L rinnai and installation $3739 (do your research!) and Quantum 6 star for $2000 (which was the cheapest they offered). If we took the price on the day, we would get our $300 back! We lost our money, and went with a 26L rinnai for $1400 with installation with another plumber. I have emailed twice to get a better understanding of the breakdown of the 'fault finding' $300 bill, but no response. moral of the story - do you homework! A lot of money for nothing.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Bert, Thank you for your feedback, our team has been trying to locate your job in our system, however we have been unable to do so. We would appreciate the opportunity to further investigate th... read more »

Sure - invoice no 193748

Hi Bert,

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming your invoice number. One of our team will be in contact with you to discuss your concerns in more detail.

Regards

Wilco Plumbing

Greystanes

Private message

Do not call them, false advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2016

Found them on Google, their ad specifically says free call out fee plus $79 off today (Saturday), I called in and was told the fee of $129 call out applies as its only Monday to Friday, although the add said today Saturday.

First we can get someone between 2-4, than sorry 5-7 and the call out fee is now $189.

No thank you.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Tony we are sorry you feel this way. During our normal hours Monday to Friday 7am - 4pm the call out fee is $39 but waived if you proceed with the quote so it becomes a $0 call out fee. After ho... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Awful. Don't call up.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2016

They are advertising $88 for block drain clearing, however they never informed me that this was the base price for hand plunging. When they came out, they charged me $39, just to tell me that a water flush which will cost $450 - which is 200+ more than other standard companies, doing the same job. I wouldn't mind paying for the $39, however, the woman on the phone only told me it was $35. I never got an official receipt.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Sandy, we are sorry to hear you were unhappy with our service. Please note that all blockages are different depending on what exactly is causing the blockage and what equipment needs to be used ... read more »

Should have Read reviews before engaging Wilco

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2016

I have just experienced the less than 1 star service of Wilco Plumbing. I had them attend my property on 6th January 2016 due to ongoing hot water issues. I had already had [name removed] to the property. I was quoted $4000 to supply and fit a new gas HWS and install a cooktop I supplied. I questioned the plumber why so expensive and he advised he would contact his boss to see if he could get it cheaper. Over the 10 days I waited for the new unit while still experiencing intermittent Hot water. The unit was finally installed on Mon 18th January and by Friday 22nd January I again had no hot water. They were contacted but their only interest was me paying the invoice. I asked on Friday afternoon for a Manager to call me to discuss and at time of writing 11:35 Monday I am still waiting.

I have contacted 2 other plumbers who have given indicative prices around the $2500 mark. After re-contacting [name removed] it turns out the HWS was not the issue it was the regulator on the gas meter.

1 of 9 pages