Sydney, NSW

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

'More than just a service?' ... It's not even that.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2017

In July 2015 I needed a plumber and searched Google to find Wilco Plumbing. The website was impressive and promised:
• Honest and upfront quotes
• Reliable service
• Highly skilled, qualified and experienced
• We will thoroughly clean up after ourselves
• Lifetime guarantee on workmanship
• Extremely competitive prices

I also needed an electrician so I agreed to pay Wilco $90 for 12 month of their membership program that promised $0 call out and priority rates among other things.

The plumber I needed urgently didn’t turn up as arranged and failed to show again the following day. When he finally arrived, it was 5 days later and I was charged $907.07 for the installation of a standard Bosche dishwasher (purchased for $850) and the replacement of 2 taps.

Then in March 2016, I rang to request a quote for a new toilet, vanity and shower recess for both my bathrooms. I was pleasantly surprised when the plumber arrived as arranged, however the quote was not as reliable and it took until 22 July for it to be received. Even then, instead of an itemised quote, it simple stated a total $ cost with no detail. It simply read ‘still getting prices’.

I replied the same day to say the quote was incomplete and to point out it was impossible to make an informed decision. I received no response and wrote again on 7 September to be told it had fallen between the cracks. So, had my confidence in Wilco.

Now, since it was installed, the dishwasher I mentioned has been inoperable for at least 12 to 16 weeks and everything has had to be washed and dried by hand. It’s always the same - the dishwasher stops mid cycle - the ‘check water’ warning light illuminates and although the pump is running, it remains filled with water.

By some stroke of luck, I usually get it working again after 3 or 4 days. However, luck has failed me on occasion as it did for the fourth time a few weeks ago. An inspection by a well-trained and highly experienced plumber from Bosche finally revealed the reason for the ongoing problems.

The installation, I paid so much money for was at the heart of the ongoing problems I was suffering. You see the Wilco plumber used the wrong hose extension and instead of one designed for a dishwasher, he used a narrow hose for a washing machine. As a result, the hose is easily blocked when draining and the situation made worse by the piece of copper pipe used at the join the two.

From July 2015 to April 2016 I spent just on $4000 with Wilco, of which approx. $3000 was with the one electrician. His last job was to replace light fittings in my ceilings where I was left gaping holes.

At this point you might want to return to the start of this review and the promises Wilco make and decide how many they've lived up to. I have written to Wilco but received no acknowledgment or reply.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. We have found your details in our system and we would appreciate the opportunity to further investigate this issue and rectify the problem. We will be contacting you very shortly!

Wilco

There are two things I’ve learnt about companies today: 1. It’s one thing to make promises, but it’s another thing to live up to them. 2. It’s only when things go wrong, that you see what they’r... read more »

Wilco Plumbing Official

We're glad we were able to rectify the issue and be of your service. Thank you for the positive feedback, we appreciate it!

On-time, friendly and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2017

Woke up to a leaking sink making a mess in the kitchen on Saturday morning at 10:30am. After a quick google called Wilco. A lady promptly answered the phone and advised between 12:00 and 3:00, with a text 30 minutes before arrival. got text at 12:05 for a 12:35 arrival. Dan arrived at 12:35, was friendly and efficient, quoted up front, efficiently identified and resolved the root cause of the issue. Would highly recommend.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Russell, Thanks for the great feedback, we appreciate you taking the time out to review our business. We're glad we were able to assist you with that leaking sink... looking forward to servici... read more »

Wilco will go the extra mile

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

Arrived when they said they would
Fixed a tricky problem
Were friendly, efficient and professional
Highly recommend them
Will certainly use them again

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi James,

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. We're glad you were satisfied with the overall outcome of the work. Looking forward to servicing any of your plumbing or electrical needs in the future.

Good service & very professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

Arrived on time. Gave a quote before starting work. Work done quickly and efficiently. Gave advice on some other work for the future.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Liz,

We appreciate you taking the time out to write something positive about your experience with us. Looking forward to servicing any of your plumbing/electrical needs in the future.

Perfect satisfactory services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

Milco plumbing services are great, on time,and able to fix the problems in a great satisfactory way. Excelent job very nice staff.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hello there,

Thank you for the great feedback, we're glad we were able to assist you and provided an excellent service!

St Clair

Amazing plumbing service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

We had a blocked toilet and Wilco plumbing came out on time, unfortunately we discovered it was a bigger job then expected but we're happy with the professional and informative work and information from Terry. Thank you for being so helpful and reliable and thanks to the office ladies Anna and Natalie for their excellent customer mannerism on the phone!

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Suzy, Thanks so much for the great review, we really appreciate you taking the time out to give us positive feedback. We're more than happy that we provided you with an excellent service.. loo... read more »

Came on time and did what theu said they would do.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

I needed some plumbing maintenance done at my home. Washers replaced, leaky toilet fixed and a tap replaced. They turned up when they said they would and the work was of a good quality.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Daniel,
Thanks very much for your feedback!
We're more than happy to have been of service to you.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

We unfortunately experienced a burst main water pipe and called on Wilco Plumbing to assist. Dan arrived on time as promised and completed the repair in a fast and professional manner. Thank you Dan and Wilco Plumbing.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Andrew,
Glad to hear that Dan was able to efficiently assist you in your unfortunate pipe problem. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us!

Verified Customer

Professional and reliable service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

Called Wilco Plumbing late on a Sunday afternoon when I realised we had a problem, requesting service the following day. The call was answered promptly and the lady was pleasant and helpful. I was offered 3 different timeframes to choose from while making the booking. Immediately following the call I received an SMS asking to confirm my name, address and time.

Communication was great, leaving no possibility for error.
The plumber called on the day to confirm the appointment and as promised arrived on time.

Terry was perceptive and attentive to our situation and worked out a solution on the spot, while also explaining everything in detail. He demonstrated a high level of knowledge, professionalism and is a credit to your organisation. Expectations of service were far exceeded. I am pleased to give Wilco my highest recommendation.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of your positive experience with us Kynan! We're extremely happy to have exceeded your expectations and will pass on your glowing credits to Terry.

Good service from Wilco Plumbing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

Just back from New Years break and great, I wake up to a flooded Kitchen. Rang around for a plumber and got either no answer or just flat out "cant help we are short staffed because of holidays". But Wilco were able to help quick smart. Thanks for helping when we needed your help.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hello, Great to hear your positive feedback, thanks for taking the time out to write something about our business. We're glad we could assist you with the blockage, looking forward to servicing a... read more »

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

Great customer service and good follow up. Called to ask about my experience and was interested to allow them to improve their business.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi there,

Thanks for the positive feedback. Good customer service is something we strive for and take very seriously, we're glad we have rectified the issue.

Kind Regards,

Servey

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

Very polite, helpful and professional. Did everything we asked for and also helped with tab in the laundry, helped to choose right model and design I wanted.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Natalia,

Really great to hear you had such a positive experience with us!
Thanks very much for taking the time to leave a comment.

Sincerely,
The Wilco Team

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

Wilco plumbing provided an excellent service. They attended to the problem same day and the tradesman was friendly and extremely helpful. I'm happy to give them 5 stars for service. Thanks

Prompt response & fix as requested

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

I came home on Friday late afternoon & found the gas smell in the house. I turned off the gas knob at the front so the gas is not flowing anymore. Because it's the week of New Year, most plumbers were not available, fortunately Wilco had someone available to get someone to come over to our house. The plumber came within an hour of our call, he wore clean boot covers in the house and really nice. The issue was fixed straight away, the leaking gas bayonet was replaced and no more gas smell in the house. Wilco is not the cheapest, but they definitely provide professional service. Recommended.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Bob, Thanks for the great review! We're glad you were satisfied with the professional and prompt service we provided. Gas issues can be dangerous, luckily you made the right decision by callin... read more »

fast and reliable servic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

Thank you Wilco for the responding so quickly to replace our hot water system. We were able to have access to hot water again same day. Will definitely use your service again!

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Anita, We appreciate you taking the time out to write something positive about your experience with us! We're glad we could assist you with the hot water system, looking forward to servicing a... read more »

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Rheen 315 L Hot Water System

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2017

Called to come out paid $39 for call out fee, then got quoted $3300 ex GST for the Rheen 315L System. I might be a female but I am not stupid

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Quick and efficient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2017

I had some drainage issues. Emailed Wilco who got back in touch within 30 minutes. Job booked for a couple of days later. Dan attended site and fixed my issue and provided some great advice. Overall very good.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the positive feedback. We're glad we could assist you with the drainage issue. Looking forward to servicing any of your plumbing or electrical needs in the future!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Best Service Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

I had trouble with my storm water drainage. I contacted WILCO PLUMBING who immediately sent a team to review and quote the work needed.
There was subsoil drainage and aglines were needed. Pipes were placed around the house to prevent rainwater building under the house.
The team with their leader, Steve, not only resolved the drainage and storm water issues but they ensured pavements were built and repaired as necessary.
This team went beyond expectations: the lawn was returfed both front and back and the garden soils and beds repaired. Mulch and stones were added which provided an excellent landscape. The team were here for more than a week and every day the house entrance was left clean and easily accessible. I did not expect the result I got.
All workers were polite and friendly and with their leader, Steve Little, provided skilled work beyond expectations. They helped with many issues i had and this I did not expect. This team was A+ in manner, skills and work execution. I would not hesitate to call them again for any plumbing or electrical needs. I will be recommending them to all my friends.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Louise, Thanks so much for the great review, we really appreciate you taking the time out to write something positive about our business. We're glad we could assist you with the storm water dr... read more »

I will call Wilco again for any plumbing related work that may arise in the future .

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

I used Wilco to change kitchen sink mixer . The plumber was polite and professional. He explained what he was doing and gave helpful advice in case we should experience any problems in the future. Thanks guys , well done!

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hello there,

Thanks so much for the great review!
We're glad you're happy with the outcome of the work that was provided. Looking forward to servicing any of your plumbing and electrical needs in the future.

Kind Regards,
Wilco

Electrical work by Wilco.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

The tradesman turned up on time and was friendly and courteous. The amount charged was reasonable for the work involved, and the time taken to complete the job satisfactorily. Would recommend to others.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Anthony,

We appreciate you taking the time out to write something positive about our company and your experience. We're glad we resolved the issue without a drama.

4 of 10 pages