Poor communication, job cancelled

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2016

Frustrating as it always is waiting hours for tradies to turn up, I phoned after the allotted time to find out where the plumber was only to be told they may arrive an hr later. How difficult is it, when the job is booked in days prior, to phone on the day, advise where your job is on the list/approx time, and or phone to say 'sorry for the inconvenience we are running an hour late'. Waste of my day, cancelled the job and went elsewhere

On time and patient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2016

I rang Wilco Plumbing on Sunday for an issue that was not super urgent.I already knew the pressure relief valve was an issue as I was losing excessive hot water. Arranged for a plumber on a day and time that suited me. Plumber was on time and was able to fix the problem quickly. Although I was quoted double another company for the same job, I negotiated a small discount (10% - better than nothing!) and utilise the online discount voucher ($69), so it was only slightly more expensive.
What I thought was great was that the plumber took the time to show me how to adjust the thermostat and the tempering valve so I could control the water temperature according to my needs and was able to give me a few quotes on other jobs I had in mind, instead of trying to rush off to the next job.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Von, We're so glad you are happy with the service we provided you with and glad we could help with the pressure relief valve! Thanks for the great feedback, look forward to servicing your plumb... read more »

Fast and efficient service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2016

We had 2 plumbers out to fix an urgent leak and the boys were very polite and finished the job professionally. Will definitely recommend and use again

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Ana,

We appreciate you taking the time out to review our business. We're glad you are satisfied with the service we provided you with. Looking forward to servicing any of your plumbing and electrical needs in the future.

Biggest rort I've seen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

As another review has mentioned. $1000 mark up. I have a small 80L hot water tank in my unit and was quoted $2100 to replace with a tank that has 5yr warranty. Called another plumbing service and they had someone out within the hour with the same tank but a 7yr warranty, which was $1200 all up.

I'm the type that will pay top dollar for good service, but these guys are an absolute rort. Regardless of the friendliness and professionalism, DO NOT USE!!

Great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

We had a burst water pipe in our roof late in the afternoon. We phoned Wilco Plumbing and a plumber was organised immediately. The plumber who came to our home was very helpful and obliging and fixed the problem quickly. We were very impressed with his service and would have no hesitation in recommending Wilco Plumbing to other people.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Nedalinc,

Thanks so much for the great feedback, we appreciate you taking the time out to write this. We're glad we could assist you with the burst water pipe!

Great Services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2016

I had a problem with a leaking toilet and a plumber was sent out to fix it straight away. He went above and beyond and the toilet was back in action that afternoon. Great service

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the positive review! We appreciate your feedback and will be passing it onto our team! Looking forward to servicing any of your plumbing or electrical needs in the future...

EFFICIENT and EFFECTIVE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2016

very reliable staff, had a tradesman come out next day after calling to have a kitchen mixer installed
Very thorough job.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Michael,

Great feedback, will be forwarding it on to our team. We appreciate you taking the time out to review our business. Looking forward to servicing any of your plumbing and electrical needs in the future!

Ceramic washers

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2016

We had a leaking shower with ceramic washers. The replacement work was done effectively, quickly, with no mess and at a time that suited us.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi John,

We appreciate you taking the time out to write a positive review about our company. We're glad you are happy with the outcome and service provided.

Panania, New South Wales

Excellent service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2016

We had a blocked drain and cracked pipes on the october longweekend 2016, we rang Wilco plumbing up on the friday, they came and gave us a quote on the friday and started work on the saturday morning, they worked at our place for a week, in which time everyone who came out to help us was extremely polite and friendly, they let us know everything they had to do to fix the problems, prior to doing them, they keep us informed at all times. They finished the plumbing side of the job on friday and returned again on saturday morning to fix the landscaping, We highly recommend all of them to anyone who needs work done, as they were extremely nice and polite young men and get the job done without any hassles.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Kez, Thanks for taking the time out to review our business. We are so glad you are happy with our the service and our friendly, professional technicians. Blocked drains are one of the worst pl... read more »

Excellent in every way!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2016

Wilco Plumbing gave us professional and reliable service. They are thorough,prompt and friendly. They use quality materials and all jobs are fully guaranteed. They can be trusted to get big jobs done

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Rhonda,

Thanks for the great review! We're glad you are satisfied with the service we provided you with. Looking forward to service any of your plumbing or electrical needs in the future.

• 1 review
Private message

Always get a second quote!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

Wilco did the job but at a significant cost. Just on $1,000 dearer than an identical hot water unit quoted from another plumber, and given job was $2,300 that is a massive mark up.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Super fast, great service -- quote was a bit high

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2016

Our hot water tank died and they came and replaced it within 24hrs. The all in 1 plumber and electrician meant that a gas system and an outdoor power point could all be handled by the 1 company and in the 1 price.

One small complaint was that the original quote was quite high but they happily brought it down to a fair number when I asked.

The second was I called up to ask for a quote and the lady kept trying to send me away by first saying they don't o that work (they do) and then saying they would be 3 days to send out someone to quote fixing a gas line for a stove (don't have a stove right now). I ended up havig to gg with someone else which is disappointing considering I'm on their gold customer plan.

I do want to finish by saying I was very happy with the prompt aad professional service that was ooriginall provided.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Teal,

Thanks for your feedback!
We cant seem to find your details in our member database... please email: [email protected]

Excellent and fast service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2016

My hot water supply system broke down and called Wilco, they came to my place and fixed it up on the same day with a great price. will recommend it!

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Linxi,

Thanks for the great review..we're glad we could assist you with the hot water system! We look forward to servicing your plumbing or electrical needs in the future

Very good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2016

Service was on time, friendly and polite. They within the time frame I asked them. The job was completed on the spot.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Maria,

We're glad you are satisfied with our service from start to finish. Feedback is very important to us, so thanks for posting a positive review!

Excellent Service!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2016

The plumber is patient and provided me some constructive suggestions to address the possible problems. Very happy with that service.

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the great review! We're glad our professional technicians were able to assist you.

Regards,

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2016

Faced with no hot water on the weekend was stressing! Daniel attended was very polite and ensured we had a system in place urgently. Thanks guys for the help

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Sate,

We appreciate you taking the time out to post a positive review about our company. We're glad you are satisfied with the hot water system.

Thanks wilco for the fast service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2016

very happy with the help especially after hour drain blocked and with kids school holidays. They quickly attended and cleared it. Fair price if you want fast immediate service!

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Hi Lafitaufa,

Thanks for the positive review! We're glad we could assist you with the blockage, it's the last thing you needed during school holidays! We look forward to servicing any of your plumbing or electrical needs in the future.

They were ok

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

Took a bit longer but job was well done - hopefully those roots don't come back
Very happy with the work

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Thanks for the positive review! We also hope the tree roots dont come back and cause any issues.

Awesome job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2016

Wilco plumbing did a great job as I had a complicated problem & money issues! I was giving a payment plan which helped me out a great deal!! I also found the guys working on my problem very well mannered & humble!

Comments
Wilco Plumbing Official

Thanks for the great review Sammy, we appreciate your feedback and glad we could assist you with the blockage!

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

A horrid experiance - do not use them.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

Unlike other local companies Wilco charges for quotes, the quote they gave me was AU$ 12,000 FIXED PRICE for a 40m pipe run to replace a pipe that was broken and old. This quote was never given to me in writing have expressed shock at the amount I asked the guy to justify the number- he could not do so, I estimated materials cost to be at most $2000 so the rest is labour. Work it out, even at $100 per hr that is 100hrs work. All the other quotes were 2-3 days work and they were all were willing to do work T&M. I paid up the $40 fee to make the Wilco person go away. In the end it took 1 man one day and cost me just over $1300 to get the job done.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes