Wine is definitely not what they let you taste at expos

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

I saw Wine Selectors at the Every Woman Expo. The sales lady was super friendly, let me try a few wines and they were amazing. I signed up immediately.
The wines got to my door and I was excited to start trying them. They were not at all like the ones at the expo. I have had eight of 12 bottles so far, I have enjoyed one. Which I knew I would as I have had it before.
I do not recommend Wine Selectors. I am extremely disappointed in the quality of the wines.

The wine was extremely poor and a waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

The first 12 bottles I received were generally acceptable. The 2nd delivery of 12 bottles were all from the Hunter Valley and all except one bottle was extremely poor. The "victims" were all seasoned red wine drinkers and the verdict was unanimous. "Terrible" If I could select less than one star I would.
Save your money and go to Dan Murphy's
In fairness the offer was to replace those that were unacceptable. However, that was not followed through because 11 of the 12 were poor.

Unreliable standards

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

I was with them for a few years but left for good. They had some good wines but there were too many mediocre products, typically over-praised and over-priced. Typical was a mixed pack of Italian varietals. Very ordinary! They are also not competitive in pricing. If you have a limited budget then join Kim Brebach's "Best Wines Under $20." His reviews are straightforward and always focus on value for money.

Some of the reviews here are harsh. I didn't find Wine Selectors dishonest. Just slack in judgment.

Consistently unimpressed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

I'm cancelling my deliveries. Had 4 cases so far and only happy with 1 bottle. The wines were consistently acidic, sharp and completely lacking in character. Spending average $200 per case. I will go back to Dan Murphy's, at least I know what I'm getting.

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2016

I ordered wine from Wine Selectors having come across them at a wine show. Seemed like a good deal, however they are utterly incompetent! Have screwed up my wine order four times! Charged me twice, including delivery for wine that was never delivered! They don't respond to emails, I've (to my embarrassment) taken to social media trying to get their attention. Very upset with the service.

Bittern, Victoria

• 4 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

They do have some good wines but!!!!!!!!!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2016

Got tied up with Wine selectors at Melbourne Airport. On my 3rd delivery now of the varietal shiraz and some of the wine has been excellent with a few that have left a bit to be desired. Just received my delivery last Wednesday and noticed the price has gone up to $203 from $196 no big deal but would like to have been told. I have got just as good wine from Wine Market for around the $130 mark but of one label. The variety makes it good but is it worth the extra $60.00 to $70.00? They also send good a good magazine and some nice food recipes. I think its ok value!!!

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Great service and reliably very good wines

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2016

In the days before Wine Selectors we would usually visit Dan Murphy's.. me armed with 'wine reviews' or knowledge from Halliday's Book, newspapers, magazines etc. Inevitably the exact grape or year would be difficult to find although sometimes we were in luck. Then about 7 years ago we came across a Wine Selectors kiosk at the airport. Signed up and haven't looked back! Delivered 4 or 5 dozen annually. We've been enjoying the cheapest 'Regional' selection. Of all the wines, only 3 have disappointed me personally, although our guests enjoyed them. We did lash out and upgrade for one doz. Premier wines.. but I didn't notice a remarkable difference.. so we continue very happily with Regional. The service is friendly and easy. I like and have come to trust the company, and love their reliably good wines! No more 'hit and miss' ! Yeaaa

A mixture......

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2015

Unless your ordering something from them specifically you get their made up and very thoroughly documented mixtures which are a mixture of good and average, as some others have stated the odd stinker (i've had worse from some others) has slipped through. I did ring to cancel the deal, but got talked into a more premium mix with little confidence but it turned out to be where the value and quality actually lies with them. Their customer service has been fine and has given the impression that getting out would be no problem (remains to be seen).

Private message

Self confessed non wine experts

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2015

We have been members from 2010 receiving regular wine deliveries of the entertainers dozen since then. We enjoy the wine we receive, the variety and feel confident we can give a bottle or two away at Xmas etc without embarrassing ourselves with our lack of knowledge. We have ventured out and bought other special offers we have seen on the website and these have been equally as good. We like Tom have once or twice over the years had a wine we didn't enjoy as much as the others but that would be no different if you were buying from a local liquor store.

Adelaide

• 1 comment
Private message

Good business, run well & some interesting wines

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2015

The bad reviews on this site are not consistent with my experience. Good, friendly service, some unusual yet interesting wines among some more established varieties/regions.
And if they send you a stinker they don't hesitate to give you a refund.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Since 12 months ago the prices have gone up and the magazine is nothing more than a gratuitous cross marketing rag. I'm cancelling my membership - no longer are wine selectors good value.

Gungahlin

• 1 answer
  • 8 helpful votes

Excellent wines, great prices

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2015

I use Wine selectors and pay for the regional red series. Once every 3 months I get a delivery and its perhaps only once in the last 2 years that I have ever had a wine I didn't enjoy. The wines they send are top notch and usually from some of the smaller vineyards which makes the delivery all the more exciting.

Avoid Wine Selectors!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2015

I will be telling as many people as I can about how bad wine selectors are!! They sent my wine out to middle of the desert where it has sat in 51 degree heat and gone bad and are expecting me to pay for it!! They just lie and go back on their promises!! They totally give you the run around!

Dont deal with them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2014

Met them at Melbourne festival lied about wine and value read reviews cancelled order and credit card they then attempted to send the wine with an invoice as they could not use the credit card. I had to refuse the consignment even though I made it very clear I did not want to deal with the company they still sent it. I then refused to pay invoice they are a bunch of thugs and I would not deal with them at any cost. They lie con you and just try to constantly rip you off.

Once in you have trouble getting out.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2014

As with the previous reviewer I found most of the wine to be very ordinary, and worth well under what they listed as the normal buy price. They seem to inflate the alleged buy price and then give you a price that makes it seem like a bargain buying in bulk. Biggest problem is that if you decide to end your subscription they ignore you and keep sending wine. I am in the process of trying to sort it out at present.

Comments

I now should update my review. Following on from the last post Wine Selectors have dropped me off their list after I talked to someone on staff who did what they said they would do, so now all good.

• 1 answer
  • 25 helpful votes
Private message

Not to be used as cooking wine

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2011

Well packaged wines. Good range. Very well presented literature. Each bottle is described, assessed, and price noted. You get a nice feeling of a job well done. However, of all the wines they sent I experienced very few that were any good. Most caused an involuntary drawing together of my cheeks due to sourness. Cheep cask wine is better than most of the stuff sold. Never actually as bad as vinegar, but that's the way I'm thinking. I gave them a fair go by ordering a dozen on three separate occassions. I maybe got two or three bottles our of the dozen, on each occassion that I thought were passable. Be warned.

- Poor quality wine. Descriptions were lies.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes