Really great wine selection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

I have been using wine selectors for the past 9 years and have really enjoyed the experience. I have had to call their customer service a few times to update details etc and they were always lovely and communicative. I enjoy the wines they send me overall, and look forward to my next box arriving. Would recommend to others.

Very Happy with great wine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Been a member for just over a year and every bottle has been delicious! I love coming home to find a new delivery every 6 weeks. Just ask them not to call as they do call you with offers from time to time.

Great wines, great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

Buying wines from Wine Selectors has been a game changer for me. Forget going to the bottle shop and paying a fortune for wines that you aren’t even sure are going to be any good. With Wine Selectors you know every wine you get is going to be good quality – I haven’t had a bad one yet – plus you get to taste wines from regions and producers that you just can’t access at most bottle shops. Customer service has been unreal too. Very happy to have found this company!

I can’t believe I ever went to the bottle shop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2018

This company is absolutely unreal! I can honestly say I will NEVER EVER go back to a bottle shop!!! As I am passionate about my wines what I am receiving is the absolute bomb these wines are amazing! The service is unreal from both their membership team who I spoke to the most helpful girl Kristy and their customer service team Dave you guys are sensational and a real credit to your company!
I am proud to be onboard with you guys at wine selectors

Use them once and you'll regret it forever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

Every time I get a strange number on my phone from NSW and then research it online, it is ALWAYS Wine Selectors. I keep blocking the numbers but they keep finding new numbers to hassle me with. I ordered wine from them once for my mother on Mother's day five years ago and still they persist. Avoid them at all costs, the wine is mediocre at best and you're better off buying from your local shop or sending flowers to your mother instead.

HORRENDOUS SERVICE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

I was at the Easter Show on the weekend and a representative at their stand was so unbelievably rude. I was there to introduce myself to some new labels and do some tastings as I have a keen interest in wine and work for a wine company myself. After telling him this and asking a couple of questions out of pure curiosity, I was shut down with "I won't be answering any more of these questions" with an extremely cold and stand-offish tone as well as only being allowed to choose ONE wine to taste. Wine Selectors have some wines that are not available at my company and I would have been interested in purchasing, but with this kind of service I was not given the chance... now very turned off and would not deal with them.

Private message

They'll keep on calling you forever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

I made the mistake of signing up to Wineselectors as a trial the wine was OK, but you're better off just going to a local bottle shop. I ended up having to block their number because they would call me non-stop.

Mackay

Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Wine selectors gave me a call saying they would send a box of 12 of what I wanted every couple of months or that would be debuted out of my account or card I was unsure and said there would be times I would not be able to do it and I don't drink all that much but they pushed me into it they said it was okay I could put a hold on it and skip orders if I wanted so kept me on the phone till I agreed and said I wanted only red Shiraz my first order came and it was a mixed box of everything not what I asked for then a couple of months later they called offering a promo

thing for some wine I said no and I said I wanted to skip the next order as well because it was over the holidays i had 3 weeks with no pay so I didnt have the money. they still sent it and I didn't have the money in my account I talked to a member of staff on the phone and told her what had happened and she was so rude and said there was no note saying about skipping an order so now I have to skip paying important bills to pay these scammers who don't listen or take notes so now its coming out of my pocket because they don't want to do there job properly and new box was still mixed not happy and do not recommend

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Appalling service - none in fact

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

Waited 27 minutes on the phone to receive a recorded message telling me to leave a message. If they are not willing to employ staff to take calls the message should be provided instant.

Southbank

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Poor service poor quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

This company is such a scam.
Poor service and the wine was not the same what I tried at exhibition. I'll never ever buy any products from this company.

Wine Selectors are great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

I have been using this company for few years now. I like the opportunity to open a case and find something new to try. Sometimes the bottle might not be of my favorite grape variety, but overall quality is always good. The box is always well packaged and of a good range. I really like the whole descriptions and assessments and notes they put in it. Recipes comes handy too, just because they are there, ready to go.
They have a very friendly customer service which I have dealt with in several occasions, for replacement bottles, additional orders, gifts and general info.
I have tried other companies which offer similar services, but this one is the winner.

Hamilton

Proud to be a member

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

I'm not only getting discounted premium quality wine with every delivery, I love that I'm supporting family owned wineries that I can't get in bottle shops. The range is excellent and I learn a lot from the tasting notes and food matching suggestions. I've rarely had a bad wine in all the time I've been a member. The staff are excellent too.

Wine is definitely not what they let you taste at expos

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

I saw Wine Selectors at the Every Woman Expo. The sales lady was super friendly, let me try a few wines and they were amazing. I signed up immediately.
The wines got to my door and I was excited to start trying them. They were not at all like the ones at the expo. I have had eight of 12 bottles so far, I have enjoyed one. Which I knew I would as I have had it before.
I do not recommend Wine Selectors. I am extremely disappointed in the quality of the wines.

The wine was extremely poor and a waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

The first 12 bottles I received were generally acceptable. The 2nd delivery of 12 bottles were all from the Hunter Valley and all except one bottle was extremely poor. The "victims" were all seasoned red wine drinkers and the verdict was unanimous. "Terrible" If I could select less than one star I would.
Save your money and go to Dan Murphy's
In fairness the offer was to replace those that were unacceptable. However, that was not followed through because 11 of the 12 were poor.

Unreliable standards

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

I was with them for a few years but left for good. They had some good wines but there were too many mediocre products, typically over-praised and over-priced. Typical was a mixed pack of Italian varietals. Very ordinary! They are also not competitive in pricing. If you have a limited budget then join Kim Brebach's "Best Wines Under $20." His reviews are straightforward and always focus on value for money.

Some of the reviews here are harsh. I didn't find Wine Selectors dishonest. Just slack in judgment.

Consistently unimpressed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

I'm cancelling my deliveries. Had 4 cases so far and only happy with 1 bottle. The wines were consistently acidic, sharp and completely lacking in character. Spending average $200 per case. I will go back to Dan Murphy's, at least I know what I'm getting.

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2016

I ordered wine from Wine Selectors having come across them at a wine show. Seemed like a good deal, however they are utterly incompetent! Have screwed up my wine order four times! Charged me twice, including delivery for wine that was never delivered! They don't respond to emails, I've (to my embarrassment) taken to social media trying to get their attention. Very upset with the service.

Bittern, Victoria

• 4 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

They do have some good wines but!!!!!!!!!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2016

Got tied up with Wine selectors at Melbourne Airport. On my 3rd delivery now of the varietal shiraz and some of the wine has been excellent with a few that have left a bit to be desired. Just received my delivery last Wednesday and noticed the price has gone up to $203 from $196 no big deal but would like to have been told. I have got just as good wine from Wine Market for around the $130 mark but of one label. The variety makes it good but is it worth the extra $60.00 to $70.00? They also send good a good magazine and some nice food recipes. I think its ok value!!!

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Great service and reliably very good wines

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2016

In the days before Wine Selectors we would usually visit Dan Murphy's.. me armed with 'wine reviews' or knowledge from Halliday's Book, newspapers, magazines etc. Inevitably the exact grape or year would be difficult to find although sometimes we were in luck. Then about 7 years ago we came across a Wine Selectors kiosk at the airport. Signed up and haven't looked back! Delivered 4 or 5 dozen annually. We've been enjoying the cheapest 'Regional' selection. Of all the wines, only 3 have disappointed me personally, although our guests enjoyed them. We did lash out and upgrade for one doz. Premier wines.. but I didn't notice a remarkable difference.. so we continue very happily with Regional. The service is friendly and easy. I like and have come to trust the company, and love their reliably good wines! No more 'hit and miss' ! Yeaaa

A mixture......

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2015

Unless your ordering something from them specifically you get their made up and very thoroughly documented mixtures which are a mixture of good and average, as some others have stated the odd stinker (i've had worse from some others) has slipped through. I did ring to cancel the deal, but got talked into a more premium mix with little confidence but it turned out to be where the value and quality actually lies with them. Their customer service has been fine and has given the impression that getting out would be no problem (remains to be seen).

1 of 2 pages