Please be aware that Wine Growers has changed ownership and is now known as WineGrowers Direct. To see previous reviews for WineGrowers you can do so by clicking here.

Caulfield

Lack of service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

Wine drinkers BEWARE
Wine growers direct seem fantastic on the phone. However, should you need advice or wish to complain, they don't want to know you. You can't complain about the service because there isn't any.
Tried calling, leaving messages and emails...no response. Wish to return wine purchased a week earlier that was full of sediment.

Comments
WineGrowers Direct Official

Hi. I'm the CEO of Winegrowers Direct and would like to get to the bottom what has happened, particularly the lack of communication. To allow me to verify that this is a real customer and not someo... read more »

Very easy cop out....Just ask your Sales employee Tanya to whom I've spoken twice.

WineGrowers Direct Official

As you can imagine, we have many "Shiraz" drinkers amongst our audience. In fact over 25,000 and I expect Tanya speaks to many of them. Providing us with these details makes it easier to track down the issue.

Out of stock

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2016

29/08/16 Order 1 x case - payment executed
08/09/16 Followed up on my order & was told wine out of stock - was offered another wine
09/09/16 Ordered other wine
22/09/16 Wine received

The above speaks for itself.

My previous order to this took 3 weeks to arrive.

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Tony, Hi. I'm disappointed to hear about your experience. I set very high service level expectations for my team, so it surprises me that something like this has happened. Can you please provide me... read more »

WineGrowers Direct Order confirmation: #7154

Wine Growers Direct Official

Thanks. I'll look into it now and get back to you ASAP.

• 1 helpful vote

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2016

Easy to use website. Delivery time was excellent and arrived in perfect condition. Winegrowers direct is a convenient way to purchase wine not to mention the price.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Thanks for your review! I'm glad to hear that we're catering for all your needs and that you're enjoying the products, buying and delivery experience. We really appreciate those 5 star reviews - so... read more »

Verified Customer

A great service with prices that match or better the high street.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2016

Wine Growers Direct provide some great quality wine at prices that are hard to beat anywhere - and you'll often get something a little different to the stuff in the supermarket. The staff are always very friendly and extremely knowledgeable and although the calls might be a little too frequent, they always take no for an answer and leave you alone if you're not interested. Delivery is prompt and trackable. Add to all of this the frequent bonus vouchers and you have a great value convenient service.

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Thanks Terry!!! I'm so glad to hear that your enjoying the experience. We go out of our way to try and get something different to the norm, so very glad to hear that our hard work is appreciated. B... read more »

GREAT wine on time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2016

GREAT Wine that nearly always arrives on time. In 4 years I only had to chase one order. Great price, good wine always available on their Website. Never disappointed.

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Hi Mark. Thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your feedback and especially for the five star review. What a great way to start a week! I'm so glad to hear that you've been having a gr... read more »

Great prices, great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2016

Good selection of wine at reasonable prices, website is easy to negotiate but phone support available if needed. Delivery is always prompt with no hassles.

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Hi Lee. Thanks very much for the positive feedback and 5 star review. That's very kind of you. I'm glad to hear that you've had a great experience to date. Thanks again and have a great week. Cheers Annemaree ;:)

The Delivery Is Important

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2016

I spent a very lot of money over a few years with another on line wine company and was dismally let down by their changes in quality and reliability of their delivery service. I complained and they didn't care. So I switched my custom to Wine Growers Direct and found the quality and service much to my satisfaction. Delivery is important when buying cases of wine not bottles. The wine varieties and prices are also well up to a good standard.

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Thanks for passing on your feedback BevStar. Yes, you are right. Delivery can either make or break the experience. We made a number of changes to our logistics processes and carriers over the last ... read more »

what a find ... i can now drink good reds without feeling any guilt .. marvellous wine .,at a fanta

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2016

great place . good ordering system .wines [red] range from good bbq variety to very nice dinner wines ,,, all at a very very reasonable price delivery time is excelent.... i shal be using them a lot brian....

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Than you very much for passing on your kind words Brian!! They are most appreciated. I'm just glad to hear that you're enjoying the WineGrowers experience. Take care and have a great week. Cheers AM

Love the Marlborough Sav Blancs

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2016

Love the white sav blancs from Marlborough area. Disappointed that I have not been able to purchase the Azure of late.

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Thanks for taking the time to pass on your feedback Dianne. Don't we all love it!! ;) The good news is that we've got another shipment of Azure due to arrive in about 2 weeks. This time we've gone ... read more »

Thank you very much for this update. I am really pleased with the service from Winegrowers. Some of the wines are better than some of the other more well known companies products. Well done Winegrowers!

They provide quality wines at a fraction of the retail value. Great returns policy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

I have purchased wines that retail for around 60aud for less than 20aud per bottle. Great buy! Recommendable to all my friends.

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Thanks for the 5 star review! We love those. Also for recommending us to all your friends. That really is most appreciated! Have a great week! Cheers AM

Great quality at great prices

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

I love the different varieties of wine that there is to choose from. There's always something new to try and always at a great price.

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Thanks for passing on your feedback Courts! It really is most appreciated. Hope to see you back at the website soon. Thanks again. AM

more choice, less cost

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

i have been customer of Wine Growers Direct for about a year and have found them to be one of the best...a large range at very competitive prices and delivery has been a lot better than some of there competitors ...some of the reviews seem a bit generous but we all have different tastes ..... Boscwood Margaret River SBS 2014 that i purchased has been the only disappointing wine so far.................

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Thanks for your feedback Steve! I'm glad to hear that you're generally having a great experience. If you ever find anything let's you down again, be sure to contact us and we'll arrange a replacement or refund. thanks again AM

Great wines

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

wonderful sales all the time, great service from the team, beautiful wines and I will continue to buy ....GREAT DEALS

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Thanks!!! Especially for the 5 star rating. We love them. Appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback. Thanks again! AM

Bringing joy to your life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

I find the service offered by Wine Growers direct to be great. The wine is more than satisfactory. My friends all enjoy the bottles I bring out for meals, etc.

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Thank you very much Merylanne!!! Especially for the 5 star rating. I'm glad to hear that your friends are appreciating your purchases too. Take care and thanks again. Hope to see you back on the website soon :) AM

Always reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

Great choices of reds, whites & sparkling; easy to navigate website and fast delivery. Regular specials deals available, so always something to look forward to.

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Thank you so much for passing on your feedback Jude. Also for the 5 star rating. It makes all the hard work worthwhile. Glad to hear we've provided you a great experience so far. Thanks again and take care. Cheers AM

Professional and helpful

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

I've found this team to be efficient in helping me find the right choice of wine at the right price which is a great combination....I have never been let down or disappointed by the wine or the service.

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Thanks Yorkie!!! Appreciate you taking the time to pass on your feedback. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the wine, advice, prices and service. Ticking all those boxes is what we strive for. Thanks again. Cheers AM

Taking the chance on line

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

Like the simplicity of ordering on line. Do like when the staff can give you real feedback on the product although this is not always the case. Do not like the transport cost, many of your direct competitors deliver for free. About sixty percent of the time I am very happy with product selection.

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Hey Joe! Thanks for your feedback and suggestion Re: delivery. I'll take it up with the boss. Can't make any promises but will see what I can do. Thanks again. Cheers AM

Great Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2016

I've been a customer with Wine Growers for a few years now and have never purchased a case I didn't like. They always have quality Sauvignon Blanc on hand at a cheap price. Also good for some big names, the Tyrrell's stuff is my go to!

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Hi Lisa, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind words about your experience. Getting a 5 star review is truely most appreciated. Have a great week and thanks again.

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

This is the worst online service ever, orders not delivered, promises made to rectify and forgotten

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2016

This company is either terribly disorganised and staffed by monkeys, or is dishonest. I have paid for 3 seperate orders in December 2013 that have never arrived, or were sent to the wrong address. No resolution appears likely. When they do manage to process an order, they send the wine to the closest PO, not the address I registered. STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEIR CHEAP WINES ARE RELABELLED RUBBISH AND OFTEN MISREPRESENTED

Comments

"Te Hana" rose cuvee which is regularly auctioned, has clearly been subjected to excessive heat and is badly oxidised. I'm assuming it was unsaleable in its country of origin, and this company boug... read more »

Wine Growers Direct Official

Hi. I'm very sorry to hear about your prior experience with this business. If it's any consolation WineGrowers Direct is now under new management - backed by a team of highly regarded wine industry... read more »

Highly unlikely

Very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2016

We have been using winegrowers direct for a number of years. My wife is very particular about her sparkling wine. She has always been impressed with their recommendation. She also only likes NZ Sav B, pinot G and again their recommendations have been great. Wine arrives in a couple of days, we live in Melbourne, never had a problem.

Comments
Wine Growers Direct Official

Hi guys! Thank you very much for your kind works and 5 out of 5 rating. We work hard to provide great wines that over-deliver for the price, so it's so nice when we get positive feedback like this. Thanks again and have a great week!

1 of 2 pages