Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

My 10 y/o Gives it 5 Stars!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

When even my 10 y/o can notice a difference! My daughter suffers from bad allergies, especially in Spring. Walking into her room after the Winix has been running all night honestly resembles fresh morning air. Within 5 minutes I can tell the Winix is doing its job as there will be no more sniffling or rubbing of eyes. We also have a Golden Retriever and the Winix definitely gets rid of that dog smell. Looking at getting another two units as we keep shuffling the one we have from room to room. So happy with this product and so happy with the service it comes with. Ausclimate are fantastic people to do business with - which is a bonus!

Purchased at: Betta Home Living

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Awesome Product, Awesome Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Awesome air purifier, owned it for just over 12mths and now it's time to replace the filters, ordered new filters on line and received a phone call checking I was happy with it and was given some extra tips on getting the best out of our purifier. Greta service. Totally recommend it to anyone.

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Great service, excellent products!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

We bought an air purifier (Winnex) and dehumidifier (35L) over a year ago and feel we got excellent advice, value and product quality from the team at Ausclimate. There may be cheaper products out there but ours have been blasting away for several hours on most days and haven't missed a beat. The only maintenance with the air purifier is to vacuum the filter monthly and replace it annually and Ausclimate sends an SMS when its due to replace. We only wish we upgraded to the larger 50L dehumidifier to do the main open plan liviing part of the house a little quicker but the 35L does this job just takes a little longer than an enclosed bedroom. Both devices have a timer so you can set and forget in the morning when we go to work and also use the solar power we generate during the day (although they are pretty modest in energy use considering their function). Best money we have ever spent living in the sub tropics that is rarely below 70% humidity and without pollen count and mold spores in their trillions! Highly recommended!!!!

Wangaratta

• 2 comments

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Stops itchy eyes and runny nose.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I have had this unit for over twelve months now and bought one on the basis of the good reviews. I am impressed.
Having hayfever I use it in the bedroom and it does a great job sucking out the pollen and cat hair so I don't go to bed sniffly, and I always wake up with an unblocked nose. During bad days of pollen I run it 24/7 on low, and if required I will use the turbo setting after getting home from work. I had never used a purifier before but this one does the trick. Noise wise it will be louder the higher you have the fan (but is barely audible on sleep), but it is doesn't rattle or vibrate. I actually find the fan noise helps me get to sleep, and is no worse than a split system. It is well built and works great.

Fantastic Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

This Air purifier is so amazing, I bought a 2nd one for a friend with chronic asthma. It's so easy to use. Plug in, switch on & let it do it's magic. You can feel the difference immediately. My house feels so amazing.
Fresher, better, cleaner.

Ausclimate are amazing to deal with too!! Their customer service is 2nd to none - so helpful & informative. A great company to deal with, which is why I'm a returned customer & highly recommend using them. Expertise and product guidance is wonderful. Always willing to assist and give advise. Thank you Ausclimate!!!!!

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

clean air and allergies under control

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

We purchased the winix 9500 through Pete last year. Our kids suffer from allergies and we have an open fire place. We instantly noticed a reduction in their symptoms and love being able to use the fireplace without worrying about poor air quality. Added bonus is that it is perfect as white noise in the baby’s room when I switch it on to turbo!

Ballarat

• 4 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

It Works.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Initially I favoured the small footprint and look of the Dyson Pure but, based on reviews, I opted for the more purposeful looking Winix with its promise of durability and high performance. Prized attributes when the health of a loved one is at stake. I've only recently bought it so can't say if it's going to last the distance, but I can attest to its performance. My missus hasn't had one of her asthma induced coughing fits since we bought it - at least not in her bedroom, where it now lives.
It actually filters so thoroughly that there is a disconcerting lack of any smell at all which, believe it or not, Takes a bit of getting used to.
According to the supplied instructions the unit needs to be at least 60cm away from a wall, which restricts its placement somewhat. This could be a negative for some.

Ps Direct bank deposit was used for this transaction. A business as honest and helpful as Ausclimate, doesn't deserve to be burdened with Paypal's dodgy fees.

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Works magic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

My son has bad asthma. This product has been the best thing, I can tell when its off in his room as he is coughing, Turn it back on in 5 mins he stops. Since owning this product his asthma is now under control. I couldnt live with out it. I would say to anyone that has asthma or breathing problems please go out and buy a winix ultimate 5. they can change the way you live

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Clean, fresh air for my Dental Laboratory

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

My work environment is a crown and bridge dental laboratory. Lots of harmful dust is generated every day. Silica, gypsum, porcelain,carborundum,aluminium oxide and chemicals like Methyl Methacrylate, Cyanoacrylate,Ammonia and strong acids.
With the Winix Ultimate 5 Stage AUS-9500 on "auto" all day, the air in the laboratory is noticeably fresher,cleaner and harmful odours are virtually eliminated. I can "Boost" its operation if I feel there is a need for a more powerful operation.
I think every Dental Laboratory should have at least one to keep their working environment air as safe and clean as possible.

Toowoomba

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

This is now an important part of our life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

Getting a good nights sleep,being protected from dust pollen and bacteria are just a few of the health benefits derived from our Winix 5 Stage Air Purifier.We noticed a difference in our breathing only a few days after using it.
We highly recommend it to everyone and it also works on mould although we do not have that challenge in our house.

• 4 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

Helps with night sinus issues

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Bought this because of smoke issues from burn offs so am hoping this helps with next spate because they now give me chest infections. Seems to be helping with the nighttime sinus congestion in the meantime. Sadly though it doesn’t seem to be too effective on the fluffy bedroom dust that I think my sheets are shedding, linen may have drawbacks along with positives. It may be that I have to have it running longer on higher setting. It is marvellously quiet in sleep mode.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Winix Official

Hello Mel, thank you for your review. You have raised a couple of good points, particularly about the dust issue. Please give us a call when you are free and we will happily give some advice about ... read more »

Thankyou Russell will give you a call

Winix Official

Thanks Mel

brisbane

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Breathe deeply, beautiful fresh clean air!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

My daughter has a lung condition so we bought a Winex 5 stage air purifier for her bedroom. I found myself breathing deeply when I would pass her room, the air was so fresh just like being outside. Within a couple of months I bought another one for our lounge/dining/kitchen and then a third for the office. A friend came over and then bought 2 for her house. My eldest daughter will often “borrow” one for her bedroom. I would love to get one permanently for each bedroom as I find it clears my post nasal drip and the kids sleep better. I cant recommend these air purifiers enough or Russell for his help and advice.

Geelong

• 2 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Delivered Fast!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Read the reviews here and decided to get one for our new home, still smell of paint. I purchased it online at Ausclimate.com, and emailed them to asked for a quicker delivery. They did it! I receive mine within 1.5days. (Regional Victoria) Very grateful as the paint fumes is making me extremely uncomfortable and having to live with it over the weekend would have been torturous. Will be keeping this on for awhile! Thank you!!

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2007

Works brilliantly. Had no idea how much we needed it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

Following cancer and the removal of part of her sinuses, my mum experienced constant infections in her nose/sinus area and was constantly coughing. I purchased this in the hope it would make a difference but I was very skeptical. However, my mum has never breathed better, no longer coughs and has far fewer infections. We leave it on all the time in the lounge beside her usual chair. On the rare occasions it has been turned off by accident, we notice because mum starts coughing. It proves how well it works. I want to buy another 1 or 2 for other rooms, but need to wait a bit as they are pricey (but worth it!).

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Makes a Real Difference to house odours

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

We have been using this air purifier for about 12 months, we are very impressed by the fact that as soon as you walk into the house, that if it has been turned off you can smell all sorts of odours, turning the machine on eliminates them all within a few minutes. The kids are breathing easier and we would never go back to not having one in the house.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question

Never breathed better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

I struggle with hayfever & asthma & during hayfever time (spring) it also affects my breathing. Not anymore, the Winix AUS-9500 has made a significantly positive impact on my breathing & quality of life. What a joy to breathe properly & sleep all night. I cannot recommend this product highly enough. Also, the service from Ausclimate is exceptional.

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Changed our lives

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

We have a 9 month old with hay fever and our bedrooms have carpet! As we live in Melbourne I've been concerned about the asthma thunderstorms and so I purchased this purifier in the hope that it would help with both his hay fever and the potential risks of asthma! From the very first night we put the purifier in our sons room we noticed a dramatic change in his sleep! He would often wake up through the night coughing or just crying for cuddle but he suddenly begun sleeping through the night with ease! I called the company directly with questions and was really pleased with the time Russel took to answer all my questions and explain things to me in a way I could understand! My husband and i are over the moon with our purchase how it has changed our routine as a family! It has been worth every cent and so we have just purchased a second unit for downstairs! Huge thumbs up from us!

• 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Excellent Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I cannot speak highly enough of this air purifier. I live between a major highway catering to road-trains carrying cattle and grain which cause a lot of dust and a railway with coal trains. This purifier does an excellent job of clearing the air of rubbish. We sleep better and wake refreshed whereas the sleep before was troubled and snoring was a huge factor. The company was a pleasure to deal with and Russell from Qld was outstanding with his advice and service. In fact, the first one did such a fine job that I immediately bought another two!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Life Saver!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

We purchased this air purifier for our 19 year old son with great skepticism. In all honesty we bought it expecting to return it. When we bought it our son was becoming really desperate to find any type of solution to help him.

Our son has suffered from dust, cat and grass allergies from a very young age and previously received a two year course of desensitising needles which did help him, but only for a few years when the symptoms returned. No antihistamine medications work for him. His allergies would cause him to wake up sneezing, red eyed, tired and totally blocked up. As a uni student, and previously at school this meant he had many days where he was unable to attend because he just felt miserable and unwell.

In July 2016 we purchased the Winix Ultimate 5 Stage machine for our son's bedroom. This machine has literally changed his life - I can hardly believe it myself. From day one he woke up feeling well. He feels 'normal' and since sleeping with this machine in his room, hasn't needed to stay home from uni once because of his allergies. His bedroom window is kept closed, his door is closed, he has a hard floor (no carpet) and we aim to remember to wash his bed sheets once a week. Very interestingly, the one night that he left his window open by mistake, he had allergies the next morning as I don't believe the unit can work well in that situation. His room is around 3m x 3m so it's not a big room, so I don't know how well it would work in a larger room.

This machine actually works. It's brilliant and we love it :)

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brimin

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Suffer from Asthma, Hay fever, Chemical induced Migraines or headaches? Breathe easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

If you want to buy an air purifier look no further than “Winix”. It is so well built, you will be surprised – the best way I can describe it is to say “it is not a toy, it is not pretend, and it is a real air purifier”. We live near Rutherglen (NE Vic) and my wife suffers from Asthma and hay fever and I suffer from chronic migraines (have to stay away from chemicals) which is the main reason I purchased the Ultimate 5 stage WAC9500 (it gets the chemicals out of the air you’re breathing).
Does it help? YES! My wife’s hay fever has been nearly non-existent this spring, when she started to feel it coming on outside she would come inside and the hay fever symptoms would significantly reduce (good for her and me – try living with a hay fever sufferer – if you do, you know what I mean). My wife’s asthma has significantly reduced, she continues to take her preventative medication, but thankfully those worrying attacks are non-existent (in the house anyway & yes the Winix is in our bedroom every night). If you know someone who suffers from Asthma please let them know about this machine. Now for me and my chronic migraines (sigh) I cannot handle smoke, after shave, perfume, nail stripper etc. (thankfully my family spare me of this in our house) and when we have visitors this machine can be set up next to them (I know your laughing – well in the room closer to them) and it identifies the chemical and it goes to work. Where do you get it? Look online for Ausclimate at www.ausclimate.com.au and no I don’t own the Co but if I had the money I would.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 2 pages

Hi Russell, Do you still have $595 deal at the moment? My daughter who is turning 5 starts to show hay fever sign and can’t sleep well, she is really grumpy during the day. I want to get an air purifier and hopefully it makes a difference. I also have an another question , how long do I need to place it in her bedroom( about 11square meters) So it cleans the room before she goes to sleep? I would probably need to place it in living room during the day and move it to her bedroom at night until we decide to get the 2nd one. Thanks Lin

Lin asked on Nov 18, 2018

Answer this

Hi Lin, Russell isn't available at the moment however I'm more than happy to assist.
The Winix Ultimate 5 Stage has proven to bring much needed relief to many hay fever suffers.
Running it all night, every night in the bedroom while your daughter is asleep is the best way to use it. During the whole night she will be breathing in pure clean air, no allergens, allowing for a full night comfortable sleep. We recommend turning it on to 'Turbo' fan speed for say 30min to an hour before she goes to bed. This will thoroughly clean the air quickly removing any airborne allergens. Then when she's ready for bed, turn the air purifier fan speed down to say 'Auto' or 'Medium' to maintain that clean air for the remainder of the night.
Our current sale price is $679.00 however I do recommend giving call us on 1800 122 100 and ask for Allan
Regards
Allan Bryan
Ausclimate

Hi Russell, I'm really keen to see if the WINIX 9500 will help with my sinus issues and improve my sleep. I noticed in your reply to Wayne on Jul 02 of this year, you mentioned a current special for $595 with free delivery. Any chance this special is still available? Much appreciated, Jarra

Jarra asked on Sep 04, 2018

Answer this

Hi Jarra, thanks for your question. Your timing about price has been excellent, as we are currently involved in the Asthma Awareness annual joint promotion with the National Asthma Council's Sensitive Choice programme. I encourage you to look closer at our website Blog and you will see 10% off all air purifiers and 10% off all dehumidifiers. Even the already discounted air purifier Combo deals are reduced - this Combo deal will bring the price way below the previous special. Please note: this special is a 'once per year' event that we promote for asthma sufferers and other's with respiratory issues such as yourself. Just call our office and mention the Asthma special to get these discounts. Kind regards Russell

Both my son and I suffer from asthma and dustmite allergy. Needless to say our sleep is often sockingly bad. The Winix units looks great and I'm tempted to get one but I'm wondering how good the Winix units are against dustmites?

UGallagher asked on Sep 03, 2018

Answer this

Hi, my son is the same asthma and dustmite allergy. Since i have owned the Winix he sleeps thru the night with no problems. You will be so surprized at how much dust this collects. Im very clean in my home due to my sons asthma. But was shocked the amount of dust this was in the fliters when i checked them. This machine has changed my sons life. We couldnt live with out it now.

Hi
Great to hear the Winix Ultimate has worked so well for Flower's son. As Flower mentioned, this model is very effective at removing airborne allergens such as dustmites and dust. Also great for other allergens like mould spores, pollen and pet dander. And not to forget, very quiet to run in the bedroom all night, every night.
If you would like any further information you can call Ausclimate on 1800 122100
Regards