Fantastic Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

This Air purifier is so amazing, I bought a 2nd one for a friend with chronic asthma. It's so easy to use. Plug in, switch on & let it do it's magic. You can feel the difference immediately. My house feels so amazing.
Fresher, better, cleaner.

Ausclimate are amazing to deal with too!! Their customer service is 2nd to none - so helpful & informative. A great company to deal with, which is why I'm a returned customer & highly recommend using them. Expertise and product guidance is wonderful. Always willing to assist and give advise. Thank you Ausclimate!!!!!

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

clean air and allergies under control

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

We purchased the winix 9500 through Pete last year. Our kids suffer from allergies and we have an open fire place. We instantly noticed a reduction in their symptoms and love being able to use the fireplace without worrying about poor air quality. Added bonus is that it is perfect as white noise in the baby’s room when I switch it on to turbo!

Ballarat

• 4 comments

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

It Works.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Initially I favoured the small footprint and look of the Dyson Pure but, based on reviews, I opted for the more purposeful looking Winix with its promise of durability and high performance. Prized attributes when the health of a loved one is at stake. I've only recently bought it so can't say if it's going to last the distance, but I can attest to its performance. My missus hasn't had one of her asthma induced coughing fits since we bought it - at least not in her bedroom, where it now lives.
It actually filters so thoroughly that there is a disconcerting lack of any smell at all which, believe it or not, Takes a bit of getting used to.
According to the supplied instructions the unit needs to be at least 60cm away from a wall, which restricts its placement somewhat. This could be a negative for some.

Ps Direct bank deposit was used for this transaction. A business as honest and helpful as Ausclimate, doesn't deserve to be burdened with Paypal's dodgy fees.

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Works magic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

My son has bad asthma. This product has been the best thing, I can tell when its off in his room as he is coughing, Turn it back on in 5 mins he stops. Since owning this product his asthma is now under control. I couldnt live with out it. I would say to anyone that has asthma or breathing problems please go out and buy a winix ultimate 5. they can change the way you live

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Clean, fresh air for my Dental Laboratory

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

My work environment is a crown and bridge dental laboratory. Lots of harmful dust is generated every day. Silica, gypsum, porcelain,carborundum,aluminium oxide and chemicals like Methyl Methacrylate, Cyanoacrylate,Ammonia and strong acids.
With the Winix Ultimate 5 Stage AUS-9500 on "auto" all day, the air in the laboratory is noticeably fresher,cleaner and harmful odours are virtually eliminated. I can "Boost" its operation if I feel there is a need for a more powerful operation.
I think every Dental Laboratory should have at least one to keep their working environment air as safe and clean as possible.

Toowoomba

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

This is now an important part of our life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

Getting a good nights sleep,being protected from dust pollen and bacteria are just a few of the health benefits derived from our Winix 5 Stage Air Purifier.We noticed a difference in our breathing only a few days after using it.
We highly recommend it to everyone and it also works on mould although we do not have that challenge in our house.

• 4 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

Helps with night sinus issues

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Bought this because of smoke issues from burn offs so am hoping this helps with next spate because they now give me chest infections. Seems to be helping with the nighttime sinus congestion in the meantime. Sadly though it doesn’t seem to be too effective on the fluffy bedroom dust that I think my sheets are shedding, linen may have drawbacks along with positives. It may be that I have to have it running longer on higher setting. It is marvellously quiet in sleep mode.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Winix Official

Hello Mel, thank you for your review. You have raised a couple of good points, particularly about the dust issue. Please give us a call when you are free and we will happily give some advice about ... read more »

Thankyou Russell will give you a call

Winix Official

Thanks Mel

brisbane

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Breathe deeply, beautiful fresh clean air!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

My daughter has a lung condition so we bought a Winex 5 stage air purifier for her bedroom. I found myself breathing deeply when I would pass her room, the air was so fresh just like being outside. Within a couple of months I bought another one for our lounge/dining/kitchen and then a third for the office. A friend came over and then bought 2 for her house. My eldest daughter will often “borrow” one for her bedroom. I would love to get one permanently for each bedroom as I find it clears my post nasal drip and the kids sleep better. I cant recommend these air purifiers enough or Russell for his help and advice.

Geelong

• 2 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Delivered Fast!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Read the reviews here and decided to get one for our new home, still smell of paint. I purchased it online at Ausclimate.com, and emailed them to asked for a quicker delivery. They did it! I receive mine within 1.5days. (Regional Victoria) Very grateful as the paint fumes is making me extremely uncomfortable and having to live with it over the weekend would have been torturous. Will be keeping this on for awhile! Thank you!!

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2007

Works brilliantly. Had no idea how much we needed it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

Following cancer and the removal of part of her sinuses, my mum experienced constant infections in her nose/sinus area and was constantly coughing. I purchased this in the hope it would make a difference but I was very skeptical. However, my mum has never breathed better, no longer coughs and has far fewer infections. We leave it on all the time in the lounge beside her usual chair. On the rare occasions it has been turned off by accident, we notice because mum starts coughing. It proves how well it works. I want to buy another 1 or 2 for other rooms, but need to wait a bit as they are pricey (but worth it!).

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Makes a Real Difference to house odours

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

We have been using this air purifier for about 12 months, we are very impressed by the fact that as soon as you walk into the house, that if it has been turned off you can smell all sorts of odours, turning the machine on eliminates them all within a few minutes. The kids are breathing easier and we would never go back to not having one in the house.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question

Never breathed better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

I struggle with hayfever & asthma & during hayfever time (spring) it also affects my breathing. Not anymore, the Winix AUS-9500 has made a significantly positive impact on my breathing & quality of life. What a joy to breathe properly & sleep all night. I cannot recommend this product highly enough. Also, the service from Ausclimate is exceptional.

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Changed our lives

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

We have a 9 month old with hay fever and our bedrooms have carpet! As we live in Melbourne I've been concerned about the asthma thunderstorms and so I purchased this purifier in the hope that it would help with both his hay fever and the potential risks of asthma! From the very first night we put the purifier in our sons room we noticed a dramatic change in his sleep! He would often wake up through the night coughing or just crying for cuddle but he suddenly begun sleeping through the night with ease! I called the company directly with questions and was really pleased with the time Russel took to answer all my questions and explain things to me in a way I could understand! My husband and i are over the moon with our purchase how it has changed our routine as a family! It has been worth every cent and so we have just purchased a second unit for downstairs! Huge thumbs up from us!

• 4 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Excellent Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I cannot speak highly enough of this air purifier. I live between a major highway catering to road-trains carrying cattle and grain which cause a lot of dust and a railway with coal trains. This purifier does an excellent job of clearing the air of rubbish. We sleep better and wake refreshed whereas the sleep before was troubled and snoring was a huge factor. The company was a pleasure to deal with and Russell from Qld was outstanding with his advice and service. In fact, the first one did such a fine job that I immediately bought another two!

Perth

• 2 answers

Life Saver!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

We purchased this air purifier for our 19 year old son with great skepticism. In all honesty we bought it expecting to return it. When we bought it our son was becoming really desperate to find any type of solution to help him.

Our son has suffered from dust, cat and grass allergies from a very young age and previously received a two year course of desensitising needles which did help him, but only for a few years when the symptoms returned. No antihistamine medications work for him. His allergies would cause him to wake up sneezing, red eyed, tired and totally blocked up. As a uni student, and previously at school this meant he had many days where he was unable to attend because he just felt miserable and unwell.

In July 2016 we purchased the Winix Ultimate 5 Stage machine for our son's bedroom. This machine has literally changed his life - I can hardly believe it myself. From day one he woke up feeling well. He feels 'normal' and since sleeping with this machine in his room, hasn't needed to stay home from uni once because of his allergies. His bedroom window is kept closed, his door is closed, he has a hard floor (no carpet) and we aim to remember to wash his bed sheets once a week. Very interestingly, the one night that he left his window open by mistake, he had allergies the next morning as I don't believe the unit can work well in that situation. His room is around 3m x 3m so it's not a big room, so I don't know how well it would work in a larger room.

This machine actually works. It's brilliant and we love it :)

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brimin

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Suffer from Asthma, Hay fever, Chemical induced Migraines or headaches? Breathe easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

If you want to buy an air purifier look no further than “Winix”. It is so well built, you will be surprised – the best way I can describe it is to say “it is not a toy, it is not pretend, and it is a real air purifier”. We live near Rutherglen (NE Vic) and my wife suffers from Asthma and hay fever and I suffer from chronic migraines (have to stay away from chemicals) which is the main reason I purchased the Ultimate 5 stage WAC9500 (it gets the chemicals out of the air you’re breathing).
Does it help? YES! My wife’s hay fever has been nearly non-existent this spring, when she started to feel it coming on outside she would come inside and the hay fever symptoms would significantly reduce (good for her and me – try living with a hay fever sufferer – if you do, you know what I mean). My wife’s asthma has significantly reduced, she continues to take her preventative medication, but thankfully those worrying attacks are non-existent (in the house anyway & yes the Winix is in our bedroom every night). If you know someone who suffers from Asthma please let them know about this machine. Now for me and my chronic migraines (sigh) I cannot handle smoke, after shave, perfume, nail stripper etc. (thankfully my family spare me of this in our house) and when we have visitors this machine can be set up next to them (I know your laughing – well in the room closer to them) and it identifies the chemical and it goes to work. Where do you get it? Look online for Ausclimate at www.ausclimate.com.au and no I don’t own the Co but if I had the money I would.

Dallas

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Helped me a ton. Minor issues though.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

I've had asthma right from my childhood and so having an air purifier at home was compulsory. I was previously using the Honeywell 50250-s model and it suddenly broke down. So, I had to go online and started hunting for a 'good enough purifier' to replace my broken one. I found one particular review http://www.pureairhub.com/winix-wac9500-review/ which helped me choose this one.

First looks, seemed to be bulky and old fashioned. But, once I started using it I really changed my mind. It was definitely better than the previous Honeywell model that I was using. I was also skeptical about the ozone gas emission which is much of a concern with household products. I went ahead and checked on CARB website and found that this Winix model complies with the ozone limitations.

It's been close to a month since I started using it and its good so far. Will update my review in the next few months.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Great way to keep the air fresh and cleaner in your home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

We are a household that lives in quite an old style house and we have a pet that wee keep indoors overnight every night. I am also a very heavy snorer. Initially I purchased the WAC9500 to control any odours that may arise from having our pet inside. Since using the unit, we have not only controlled the pet odour but the whole house smells far fresher than prior to our purchase.
Furthermore, I have specifically been running the purifier in my bedroom overnight to reduce the dust in the air and have found that, reported by my children, that my snoring has reduced and I am not waking up as dry in the mouth or feeling though my nose is blocked when I wake in the mornings.
It's been a great purchase and so easy to operate it becomes second nature.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Essendon

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Very pleased with this unit!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

I am a Podiatrist, practising in an environment where airborne particles of all kinds are a significant concern. The Winix Ultimate is quiet, inexpensive to run, looks good, and is small yet effective in creating a cleaner, healthier environment for me and my patients. I'm very happy I have one.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

A breath of fresh air!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2016

I own a hair salon & could see the benefit of having an air purifier. Breathing in sprays & pollutants, day in day out, can't be good for me, or my clients.
I've had the 9500 for a month now & we can all definitely feel the difference in the salon.
No more sprays lingering in the air! And it's so quiet. I only wish they'd been around years ago.
Thankyou. I couldn't be happier.
Simone.

1 of 2 pages

Hi Russell, I'm really keen to see if the WINIX 9500 will help with my sinus issues and improve my sleep. I noticed in your reply to Wayne on Jul 02 of this year, you mentioned a current special for $595 with free delivery. Any chance this special is still available? Much appreciated, Jarra

Jarra asked on Sep 04, 2018

Answer this

Hi Jarra, thanks for your question. Your timing about price has been excellent, as we are currently involved in the Asthma Awareness annual joint promotion with the National Asthma Council's Sensitive Choice programme. I encourage you to look closer at our website Blog and you will see 10% off all air purifiers and 10% off all dehumidifiers. Even the already discounted air purifier Combo deals are reduced - this Combo deal will bring the price way below the previous special. Please note: this special is a 'once per year' event that we promote for asthma sufferers and other's with respiratory issues such as yourself. Just call our office and mention the Asthma special to get these discounts. Kind regards Russell

Both my son and I suffer from asthma and dustmite allergy. Needless to say our sleep is often sockingly bad. The Winix units looks great and I'm tempted to get one but I'm wondering how good the Winix units are against dustmites?

UGallagher asked on Sep 03, 2018

Answer this

Hi, my son is the same asthma and dustmite allergy. Since i have owned the Winix he sleeps thru the night with no problems. You will be so surprized at how much dust this collects. Im very clean in my home due to my sons asthma. But was shocked the amount of dust this was in the fliters when i checked them. This machine has changed my sons life. We couldnt live with out it now.

Hi
Great to hear the Winix Ultimate has worked so well for Flower's son. As Flower mentioned, this model is very effective at removing airborne allergens such as dustmites and dust. Also great for other allergens like mould spores, pollen and pet dander. And not to forget, very quiet to run in the bedroom all night, every night.
If you would like any further information you can call Ausclimate on 1800 122100
Regards
Allan Bryan
Ausclimate

How does it go with Pet Dander - my husband is very allergic to our cats

Kaylene S asked on Jul 30, 2018

Hi Kaylene
The Winix Ultimate 5 Stage is an ideal air purifier for filtering and removing airborne allergens such as pet dander.
When you consider our filters trap 99.97% of allergens as small as 0.3 microns whilst pet dander is around 5 microns in size you can see it will be very effective.
Additionally this model is extremely energy efficient, perfect to run 24/7 keeping the pet dander to a minimum.
If you have any further question please don’t hesitate to call us direct on 1800 122100
Regards