Review rating:

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Breathe deeply, beautiful fresh clean air!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

My daughter has a lung condition so we bought a Winex 5 stage air purifier for her bedroom. I found myself breathing deeply when I would pass her room, the air was so fresh just like being outside. Within a couple of months I bought another one for our lounge/dining/kitchen and then a third for the office. A friend came over and then bought 2 for her house. My eldest daughter will often “borrow” one for her bedroom. I would love to get one permanently for each bedroom as I find it clears my post nasal drip and the kids sleep better. I cant recommend these air purifiers enough or Russell for his help and advice.

Geelong

• 2 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Delivered Fast!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Read the reviews here and decided to get one for our new home, still smell of paint. I purchased it online at Ausclimate.com, and emailed them to asked for a quicker delivery. They did it! I receive mine within 1.5days. (Regional Victoria) Very grateful as the paint fumes is making me extremely uncomfortable and having to live with it over the weekend would have been torturous. Will be keeping this on for awhile! Thank you!!

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2007

Works brilliantly. Had no idea how much we needed it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

Following cancer and the removal of part of her sinuses, my mum experienced constant infections in her nose/sinus area and was constantly coughing. I purchased this in the hope it would make a difference but I was very skeptical. However, my mum has never breathed better, no longer coughs and has far fewer infections. We leave it on all the time in the lounge beside her usual chair. On the rare occasions it has been turned off by accident, we notice because mum starts coughing. It proves how well it works. I want to buy another 1 or 2 for other rooms, but need to wait a bit as they are pricey (but worth it!).

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Makes a Real Difference to house odours

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

We have been using this air purifier for about 12 months, we are very impressed by the fact that as soon as you walk into the house, that if it has been turned off you can smell all sorts of odours, turning the machine on eliminates them all within a few minutes. The kids are breathing easier and we would never go back to not having one in the house.

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Never breathed better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

I struggle with hayfever & asthma & during hayfever time (spring) it also affects my breathing. Not anymore, the Winix AUS-9500 has made a significantly positive impact on my breathing & quality of life. What a joy to breathe properly & sleep all night. I cannot recommend this product highly enough. Also, the service from Ausclimate is exceptional.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Changed our lives

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

We have a 9 month old with hay fever and our bedrooms have carpet! As we live in Melbourne I've been concerned about the asthma thunderstorms and so I purchased this purifier in the hope that it would help with both his hay fever and the potential risks of asthma! From the very first night we put the purifier in our sons room we noticed a dramatic change in his sleep! He would often wake up through the night coughing or just crying for cuddle but he suddenly begun sleeping through the night with ease! I called the company directly with questions and was really pleased with the time Russel took to answer all my questions and explain things to me in a way I could understand! My husband and i are over the moon with our purchase how it has changed our routine as a family! It has been worth every cent and so we have just purchased a second unit for downstairs! Huge thumbs up from us!

• 4 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Excellent Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I cannot speak highly enough of this air purifier. I live between a major highway catering to road-trains carrying cattle and grain which cause a lot of dust and a railway with coal trains. This purifier does an excellent job of clearing the air of rubbish. We sleep better and wake refreshed whereas the sleep before was troubled and snoring was a huge factor. The company was a pleasure to deal with and Russell from Qld was outstanding with his advice and service. In fact, the first one did such a fine job that I immediately bought another two!

Perth

• 5 helpful votes

Life Saver!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

We purchased this air purifier for our 19 year old son with great skepticism. In all honesty we bought it expecting to return it. When we bought it our son was becoming really desperate to find any type of solution to help him.

Our son has suffered from dust, cat and grass allergies from a very young age and previously received a two year course of desensitising needles which did help him, but only for a few years when the symptoms returned. No antihistamine medications work for him. His allergies would cause him to wake up sneezing, red eyed, tired and totally blocked up. As a uni student, and previously at school this meant he had many days where he was unable to attend because he just felt miserable and unwell.

In July 2016 we purchased the Winix Ultimate 5 Stage machine for our son's bedroom. This machine has literally changed his life - I can hardly believe it myself. From day one he woke up feeling well. He feels 'normal' and since sleeping with this machine in his room, hasn't needed to stay home from uni once because of his allergies. His bedroom window is kept closed, his door is closed, he has a hard floor (no carpet) and we aim to remember to wash his bed sheets once a week. Very interestingly, the one night that he left his window open by mistake, he had allergies the next morning as I don't believe the unit can work well in that situation. His room is around 3m x 3m so it's not a big room, so I don't know how well it would work in a larger room.

This machine actually works. It's brilliant and we love it :)

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brimin

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Suffer from Asthma, Hay fever, Chemical induced Migraines or headaches? Breathe easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

If you want to buy an air purifier look no further than “Winix”. It is so well built, you will be surprised – the best way I can describe it is to say “it is not a toy, it is not pretend, and it is a real air purifier”. We live near Rutherglen (NE Vic) and my wife suffers from Asthma and hay fever and I suffer from chronic migraines (have to stay away from chemicals) which is the main reason I purchased the Ultimate 5 stage WAC9500 (it gets the chemicals out of the air you’re breathing).
Does it help? YES! My wife’s hay fever has been nearly non-existent this spring, when she started to feel it coming on outside she would come inside and the hay fever symptoms would significantly reduce (good for her and me – try living with a hay fever sufferer – if you do, you know what I mean). My wife’s asthma has significantly reduced, she continues to take her preventative medication, but thankfully those worrying attacks are non-existent (in the house anyway & yes the Winix is in our bedroom every night). If you know someone who suffers from Asthma please let them know about this machine. Now for me and my chronic migraines (sigh) I cannot handle smoke, after shave, perfume, nail stripper etc. (thankfully my family spare me of this in our house) and when we have visitors this machine can be set up next to them (I know your laughing – well in the room closer to them) and it identifies the chemical and it goes to work. Where do you get it? Look online for Ausclimate at www.ausclimate.com.au and no I don’t own the Co but if I had the money I would.

Dallas

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Helped me a ton. Minor issues though.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

I've had asthma right from my childhood and so having an air purifier at home was compulsory. I was previously using the Honeywell 50250-s model and it suddenly broke down. So, I had to go online and started hunting for a 'good enough purifier' to replace my broken one. I found one particular review http://www.pureairhub.com/winix-wac9500-review/ which helped me choose this one.

First looks, seemed to be bulky and old fashioned. But, once I started using it I really changed my mind. It was definitely better than the previous Honeywell model that I was using. I was also skeptical about the ozone gas emission which is much of a concern with household products. I went ahead and checked on CARB website and found that this Winix model complies with the ozone limitations.

It's been close to a month since I started using it and its good so far. Will update my review in the next few months.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Great way to keep the air fresh and cleaner in your home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

We are a household that lives in quite an old style house and we have a pet that wee keep indoors overnight every night. I am also a very heavy snorer. Initially I purchased the WAC9500 to control any odours that may arise from having our pet inside. Since using the unit, we have not only controlled the pet odour but the whole house smells far fresher than prior to our purchase.
Furthermore, I have specifically been running the purifier in my bedroom overnight to reduce the dust in the air and have found that, reported by my children, that my snoring has reduced and I am not waking up as dry in the mouth or feeling though my nose is blocked when I wake in the mornings.
It's been a great purchase and so easy to operate it becomes second nature.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Essendon

Private message

Very pleased with this unit!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

I am a Podiatrist, practising in an environment where airborne particles of all kinds are a significant concern. The Winix Ultimate is quiet, inexpensive to run, looks good, and is small yet effective in creating a cleaner, healthier environment for me and my patients. I'm very happy I have one.

A breath of fresh air!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2016

I own a hair salon & could see the benefit of having an air purifier. Breathing in sprays & pollutants, day in day out, can't be good for me, or my clients.
I've had the 9500 for a month now & we can all definitely feel the difference in the salon.
No more sprays lingering in the air! And it's so quiet. I only wish they'd been around years ago.
Thankyou. I couldn't be happier.
Simone.

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

Top shelf air cleaner/purifier for allergies, asthma etc

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2016

My parents have had an older model running in their home for over 7 years and they have been very happy with the unit. After extensive research, I chose the Winix WAC9500 over my two existing Coway AP-1008CH units, for my toddler son's bedroom.

In winter, it's the coldest and dampest room and in summer, the warmest. The Winix was selected because of its extra feature over the Coway product - generation of positive and negative ions which combine with water vapour to neutralise bacteria, odours and vapours. Combined with a separate dehumidifier in my son's bedroom, the musty smell and mould spots on the windows have disappeared.

Overall, this has been a good purchase which we expect to last a long time; judging by my parents' experience.

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Really good, loads of features

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2016

I bought this to help relieve girlfriend's allergies, she has a very sensitive nose and it has helped a lot. I keep it on all the time in the bedroom with the door shut and can feel the fresh air when I enter the room at night. Finding one of these in Australia is not easy though (like a lot of good stuff). Ausclimate were the only resellers I could find, but fortunately they were very helpful and my unit arrived within a couple of days.
I did a lot of research before making the investment into an air purifier (I'd rather spend a bit more and get one that does a great job, then skimp out and end up with something that does nothing). I found the units being sold in the Sydney high street stores to quite inferior to the WAC9500 in terms of features and filtration (even more expensive ones), so I'd set my heart on this Winix unit.
A great feature on this particular model, is the digital display that shows the level of dust/odours in the air. It automatically adjusts the fan speed based on these levels. The sensor is quite sensitive, it will detect if you're wearing deodorant or perfume, and even a sneaky fart! Yes, be warned, this device will pick up on even the sneakiest of silent offenders. You might be able to slip one passed your friends in an average sized room, but this thing will know about it. I've been in the bedroom with the missus, and then suddenly the odour indicator has randomly shot up to red, which was quite suspicious. After thinking the sensor was a bit dodgy and investigating the unit, I turned to see a guilty looking face who eventually confessed that she "may" have been the cause and there was nothing wrong with the purifier.
Hope this is helpful, I certainly recommend this unit if you suffer from allergies, or just want to freshen up your room...or indeed neutralize unwanted odours.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Lockhart

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Bought 1 it was so good I bought 2 more!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2016

I recently purchased the Winix Ultimate 5 stage air purifier for my son who is asthmatic. He is really happy with it and his wife says he sleeps so much better. I have since brought 2 more for my other children who suffer from asthma and allergies and they have all noticed a big improvement in sleep quality and general freshness in their homes. Allan and Chris from Ausclimate were fantastic helping us to get the right units to suit us and later on when we had questions about using them they were always really happy and helpful to talk to and nothing was a problem to them.

Private message

Great for my daughters allergies!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2016

I'm so impressed with my Winix air purifier. My daughter has allergies that make her sneeze constantly first thing in the morning. I'd tried various things to help without much success until a friend recommended I should call Ausclimate about their air purifiers. I was a little skeptical at first because I knew nothing about air purifiers. So I did my research and read various reviews which gave me a lot more confidence. I'm so thankful I called. The sales guy was fantastic to deal with, he really knew what he was talking about and didn't seem to mind my long list of questions. I've been using my air purifier in my daughter's bedroom for over 2 months now and what a difference it has made. Her sneezing virtually stopped immediately. It was amazing! Besides how well it worked there's a lot I like about the Winix Ultimate Air Purifier. What stood out for me was how easy it is to use. It has a remote control that I just set on auto, it's really quiet and even the lights dim automatically when the bedroom lights turn off. I'm so thankful for my friend recommending Ausclimate; they were wonderful to deal with but more importantly what a brilliant product they have. Hopefully, by writing this review I can help others who suffer from allergies like my daughter.

Private message

I manage the Royal Avenue Tennis Centre in Sandringham, Victoria, since using the Air Purifier we ha

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2016

We bought the Winix air purifier to stop the smells in the sales area of our Tennis Centre.
Joanne from the Ausclimate website told me everything about the Winix air purifiers and we settled on the 5 stage WAC9500 model.
We liked the extra features of having 5 stages of cleaning, and were told the carbon filter is the main stage for getting rid of the smells.
Great results, really works well and NO MORE SMELLS – just clean air.
We also liked the idea that our staff have extra protection from viruses and bacteria.
We live on the premises, so it’s good for the bedroom too.
We would definitely recommend this product, it is absolutely fantastic.

Gold Coast

Private message

Air Purifer Has Improved My Life - Fantastic To See A Product That Does What It Says

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2015

I am a chronic sufferer of hay fever and sinus and for almost 12 years I have struggled with sleep problems. My sleep problems have caused ongoing health and life problems, so much so that I have even undergone two sleep studies in hospital and my doctor has prescribed various sleeping pills (that I decline).

So when we stumbled upon Joanne & Russell of Ausclimate at the Brisbane Home Show, I was pretty skeptical that any air purifier would make much of a difference to me.

I am so pleased to say that I was wrong. From the first night I noticed that whilst I still woke often, my sleep was a lot deeper and I actually woke up with a clear head – not snuffly and snotty and as an added bonus it seems to have cured my husbands snoring.

We have had our air purifier for around 3 months now and I am thrilled to say that my sleep has improved to the point that some nights I am getting around 5 hours uninterrupted. That might not seem a lot to most but to me it’s absolute bliss.

I have even noticed an improvement in my hayfever and sinus. I know it is the purifier that has made all the difference as I have frequently woken up fine and when I open up the doors and windows to the outside world I start to sneeze.

Honestly I can't say enough about the Winix it has made such a difference to my health and life.

And lastly it's easy to use, extremely low maintenance and hasn't hurt our power bill at all.

The Perfect Answer For Asthma & Allergies

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2015

After buying this air purifier at Ausclimate I was skeptical on if these products were any good for your well being. I found it's the best quality product on the market and it is made in Korea as I have done my homework on air purifiers before I purchased. I suffer from asthma & hay fever really bad and since I put the Winix Air Purifier in my bedroom I do not waken up at night sneezing from hay fever or coughing from asthma attacks. I also seem to sleep better than I use to I think because of less clogged up nose. When it's running on auto at night time it's so quiet you cannot here it running in the background. The information on the panel is excellent indicating pollen, dust, odor in the air. It also features a turbo mode for a faster clean out of the air quality in the room.
The after sales service from Ausclimate was excellent with follow up calls on our satisfaction of the product. I would not hesitate to recommend this product to anyone. As with all air purifiers are pricey but this one is worth every dollar. If you want that personnel service buy from Russell or Joanne at Ausclimate they know how to look after their customers.
Philip. (Melbourne)

1 of 2 pages

Hi, I have a room in my house that gets the full on sun till 12 noon every day of the year. it gets a funky smell about it. I have checked and there is no obvious signs of mould/mildew etc but no matter how often I open the windows it does come back. i have put a damprid container in the room and it doesn't collect much moisutre - but over a two / three month period it contain about an inch of water. I also have a Himalayan salt lamp in the room that never gets turned off and it doesn't seem to make a difference to the smell . What do you suggest I purchase - a air purifier or a dehumidifier? Thanking you.

Karen asked on Mar 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi Karen - we might need to have a more in depth discussion over the phone regarding your choice of 'dehumidifier' or 'air purifier'.
It seems from your comments you may have already checked out our website and read over our blog on this question.
Normally, musty smells (perhaps funky smells too) are a sign of dampness, which normally means the dehumidifier may get to the root cause and dry out the room thoroughly.
However, your further comments suggests there's not that much moisture, which leads me to consider the air purifier. And yes, the Winix air purifiers are definitely designed to remove all types of smells, as well as remove airborne mould, dust-mites, viruses & bacteria, pet dander and even airborne hazardous chemicals. Before making your decision, is it possible we could have a chat over the phone first. Regards Russell ph 0422008777

Hi, I purchased the AUS-9500 but I find the screen to bright for my bedroom, even in sleep mode. Is there anything I can do besides covering it with cardboard?

Alex G asked on Mar 20, 2018

Answer this

Hi Alex, thank you for your question. You are correct that pressing the Sleep Mode on the remote is designed to dim the display panel. You can also automatically achieve the same dimming effect by selecting the Auto Sleep button (dim at night time and it returns to normal brightness during daylight). We generally suggest positioning the appliance some distance from your head - we have ours positioned at the foot of the bed. In doing so the display panel is lower than the mattress height and out of direct line of sight when sleeping. Can we talk more over the phone as I'd like to discuss how you are using the unit, and perhaps share some extra tips with you. Regards Russell 0422008777.

Thanks for the reply Russell. Unfortunately this is just too bright at any place in the room. For those of you reading this wondering how bright it is turn your mobile phone down to the lowest brightness setting, it's similar to that in pitch darkness. I will continue to cover the display with cardboard, it's just unfortunate as the sensor for the remote is behind the display so it needs to be flipped up to use it.

I have an open plan living area i would like to use an air purifier for. The area is approximately the size of 3 medium bedrooms. Could i get a winix which could do the job? Ir could i buy 2 to use in the large space? Thank you

Cat asked on Mar 11, 2018

Answer this

Hi Cat, thanks for your great question. Regarding using a Winix air purifier an area the size of 3 medium bedrooms, I'd sometimes suggest 2 units placed in opposite sides of the room. Having said that, I personally use only one air purifier in my open-plan lounge kitchen, which would probably be similar size. It handles everything quite well - cooking odours, little doggey pet dander/odour, dust, etc. You might try buying 1 only for a start and see how it handles the area. Can you give me call to talk more about your issues, as well as share our own experiences. Cheers Russell 0422008777

See all 18 questions about Ausclimate Winix Ultimate 5 Stage AUS-9500