I wish we got Winsulation sooner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

It’s been a pleasure dealing with Winsulation from beginning to end. It was a seamless process made easier by Warren who dealt with everything from quoting, ordering to booking. I was a bit hesitant at first because of the cost and it took a little while for the windows and doors to be made, but the crew that installed it were professional and friendly and there was no mess to clean up or painting required when they left.

We were at our wits end because of noisy neighbours and were ready to sell, but the new windows and doors from Winsulation reduce the noise by 70 to 80% and we love living in our house again. Don’t hold off. I'd definitely use Winsulation again in the future and recommend them to anyone.

Professionsl service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Excellent product delivered by very pleasant and professional tradesmen. On time ever time.Left all areas clean and tidy on completion.

Solved our problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

The job was done when they said it would be done .It was even neater than I expected and the job was done cleanly with no mess.Overall I am very pleased with the results and the skills of the installer/\.

Great all round service.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

Very pleased with my new Double glazed patio, guys so pleasant. Happy with price and call backs from Simon. Cleaned my windows which was a bonus... Noise has made a pleasant difference. Would recommend this company. Thank you guys.... Lyn

Satisfied.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

Prompt and efficient service from first contact to installation of windows, we will now proceed with further installation of glass door as we were extremely satisfied with previous results from insulation.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Install was as expected but a little surprised that payment was due immediately & but even more surprised at their reluctance to attended with issues, mainly 4 years on our locks have all come apart again after being replaced, repaired 12 times (getting an independent lock smith in now).
They replaced one window due to marks in the vacuum which was noticed 3 months after install but the hand print in the larger window they refused to do anything about as they said too much time had lapsed & it wasn’t there on install? Now the seals are falling out & as mentioned prior we’ve still got issues with the window locks still which my insurance company is going to have a field day with.
If you want customer service, quality product my advice would be look else where.

Private message

The most professional organisation I have dealt with in a long time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

From the quoting to the final installation, I cannot fault this Organisation. They are, as stated above, the most professional and efficient Organisation I have dealt with in a long time. I would recommend them to any person contemplating the installation of double glazed windows as an aftermarket product.

TWEED HEADS WEST

Private message

A Job well done, very professional.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

After an initial waiting the few weeks as stated in the Contract, the two guys Chris and Justin turned up well on time and got to work straight away. They finished the two windows to be doubleglazed in the stated time.
I thought that they did an excellent job, the windows are so much better and have made such a big difference with dimming the noise of traffic on the freeway and also the rooms feel warmer. The old windows were letting in rain water and cold draughts when we had bad weather.
The guys tidied up when they had completed the job and took all the old glass etc with them. The new windows look very nice ....exactly how I wanted them with the flyscreens included.
I am very happy with the new windows in the bedrooms and would readily recommend this company to anyone thinking of using them.

Good product, great staff and good results

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2017

Fortitude Valley can be a noisy place, especially at night. The double glazing does a good job of keeping most of that noise outside. The tradesman who fitted it was helpful and did a good job despite a few problems. The Windows also look good.

Disappointing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

We were told to expect an 80% noise reduction but the noise reduction would be barely 10 or 20 %. In fact we sometimes think the Winsulation product has made no difference. While any reduction of noise is good what we got is disappointing.

Very satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2017

I recently had a Winsulite-style window with double-glazing and winder installed in my house. It does the job I wanted it for(to make a room sound-proof and airtight) perfectly, and the winder allows me to air the room when I want. Also, the winder has a beautiful smooth action, very different from other window winders I have encountered, as they are notorious for being stiff and hard to wind.

Furthermore, the staff at Winsulation were good to deal with, and I would recommend you contact them for your glazing and sound-proofing needs.

I am very satisfied with this product.

John Parker

What a difference!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Pleasure to deal with from the initial contact through to follow up after installation. Highly recommend!
The double glazing doors far exceeded our expections, the noise reduction is outstanding.

Verified Customer

Wish I had Winsulation in my last house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

I researched Double Glazing many years ago in the country to reduce the noise of my neighbours and their dog, but opted for roller shutters instead. The shutters were great for the heat from the sun with some noise reduction. I recently moved to the city and researched double glazing in case of traffic noise. I did not need it for the traffic, but the howling dog was an unexpected challange! I had Secondary double glazing installed in the bedrooms and the ensuite bathroom. The results are amazing, far superior to the roller shutters, with the added benefit of excellent heat reduction in summer and heat retention in winter. The team was friendly, effecient and professional from start to finish. This company is a pleasure to deal with and set the bar high in every aspect. Don't listen to the negative reviews, if you expect double glazing to work with a non double glazed window next to it, then mabey the product is not for you. Listen to the advice from the experts in the field, I would not have a house without it.

Noise reduced

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

Had the side of the house facing the railway line and M1 secondary glazed and when the trains go past can now hear the TV. Had a problem with the sliding door being wrong but the problem was rectified. The tradesman and his off sider where very good and so happy to see someone who cleans up afterwards. Happy with our decision to install this product.

Quiet and peaceful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

Very happy with the quality of trades man ship of the job and the way that the work was carried out and the clean up afterwards. This made big difference to the sound coming into the house.

Well done Winsulation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

We have just had some secondary doors and windows inserted to reduce traffic noise and are very happy with the result. The job was first class and handled very promptly and expertly throughout by Winsulation employees.

Even better than we thought it would be

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

This has been a very happy experience, the man who did the original quote, the man who did the second measure up and the installation team have all been very professional and friendly. The original advice was install in six to eight weeks and it has been only six weeks. The product is doing better than we had hoped it would, our house is quiet and cooler Thank you

Brisbane

Disappointing end result.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

Product not as efficient as was lead to believe. Would not get this product again. Store person attempted to follow up, however I moved house.

Quiet consultation room

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

excellent :just added double glazing to reduce road noise through two windows in my consultation room and it is working better than expected. No problem listening to patients now! Also reducing western sun afternoon heat .

Excellent product and setvice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

We had secondary glazing fitted to our bedroom. The finished job is excellent - actually better than we imagined. It looks so good that you wouldn't really know we had anything done at all - which is a great result. The fitters also removed and refitted our blind perfectly. The fitters (Ray and friend) were very professional in all regards and very efficient. We're definitely impressed all round.

1 of 2 pages

Has any used Winsulation to install double glazed windows in a 2 storey brick veneer home? Has it been successful in reducing noise?

susan asked on Feb 24, 2015

Answer this

Hi Susan,

In my experience, yes. It has been great in reducing noise. We had them installed in our apartment, solid brick with render. On a main road, it did a great job in reducing the noice. Would I use them again? Probably not. The installation was not great, the quality of the products used is not great, and the price is quite high, and the margins are high cos you can really push them down. After sales was OK, but that was more the staff and less management. Management wanted to charge me to come out and fix their problems. So the system of double glazing is brilliant and I would use it again. Just not sure about using that company again to do my windows. Its worth shopping around.

I am very happy with the product. It has made an obvious difference in reducing noise. I have had two separate installations and have been happy each time.
They are quite expensive.

Hi Susan - My name is Mick Jennings and i am the owner and managing Director of Winsulation Double Glazing - After 19 years, some 5000 clients and over 10,000 installations, we sometimes don't always get things perfectly right (although we try) - Regarding the negative comments posted here, I can only say that the content i read does not always match the company record of events and some clients (unfortunately) just will never be happy. I would ask any potential new clients to refer to our website, Winsulation.com.au/testemonials or go to our Facebook page and read the comments there. Alternatively, if you have any queries please call me directly on 07 3356 5133 and i will personally take your call if you mention the product review website. - i look forward to speaking soon.
Regards Mick Jennings